August 2010 Highlights

• Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
15 Aug 2010 14:52 #1 by Matt D (MattD)
August 2010 Highlights was created by Matt D (MattD)
> Post feast dish-washing conversation - Half In Game, Half Out of Game, all amusing.
> Conversations with Rayna watching the rest of the town.
    Rayna: I wonder where all the nobles are?
    Rayven: I'm not entirely sure, they were in a meeting earlier. *twigs snapping* Who goes there?
    Count Winterdark:  It is I, the Count!
    Rayna just stares at me blankly....
> Finally realizing WHY I want to become a Templar, and couldn't think of WHAT I said the entire ride home...
> Steve's Chaos/Coffee Demon
> The looks of half-terror when the dozen or so people looked at each other and realized that we were everyone designated as high level for main mod. And Liam/Sorel's tears.
> Believe it or not, dying to some sort of fireball/inferno/incinerate 29 times in the same fight.  I was up and down so many times, people started catching me before I fell.

Overall, for the 6-8 hours I was there, pretty fun. 

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
  • Alphonium
  • Thank Yous: 0
15 Aug 2010 15:17 - 15 Aug 2010 20:35 #2 by Alphonium (Alphonium)
Replied by Alphonium (Alphonium) on topic August 2010 Highlights
+ Finally found a another dryad  ;D

+ Went on a crazy romp through the forest the first night with the fellow dryad teaching me to meld with a tree, coming into contact with almost every mod on the first night.  One of the biggest and scariest adventures of my character's life so far. (I joked about it later in our group by the tree that it was like a Harold & Kumar adventure).

+ Had a great lesson on utilizing a staff  from a weapon master

+ Post-feast washing, interesting conversation for a long while

+ Splitting off to chat with Teeg, his elf companion, and one of his other friends.(I swear the elven shaman reminded me so much of Vanille from Final Fantasy XIII with the hair)

+ The crazed main mod.  And the relaxing aftermath after everything was done.

+ My NPC Shift as Gibbles, the pet goblin that was a bit dumb....ok maybe really dumb.  At least I didn't get killed haha.

Loved being there, hope that I can go one more time (since I got classes starting up soon) before next year.

"I'm a Dryad....Dry.....Ad..."

IG: Alphonium, Dryad (Druid)
OOG: Alphonsus
Last edit: 15 Aug 2010 20:35 by .
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
15 Aug 2010 20:25 - 25 Nov 2012 20:10 #3 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic August 2010 Highlights
I haven't NPCed a Mod Boss since back in 2002.  It was a fun, if exhausting, experience, and true to form, I lost my voice during combat...

* NPCing Daerth - It's fun to play an unabashed villain some times!

* I was planning on playing Garrun until the last moment, when I decided to NPC for Steve.  I show up, and Maria is there - "You gonna play Garurn?"  *sigh*

* I barely saw Diane all weekend.  When we're both so busy we don't see each other, it's a good game!

* More Valence Training!  Each time I learn a new spell, it's a story that peeks into the lore of Knight Realms, and a new adventure!

* New Dra sleeveless shirt.  SO much more comfortable...

* Main Mod - seeing a bazillion PCs lead by Brogan and Janus coming towards us.  Steve, Tim and I had discussed how to encourage the PCs to split into two groups - in the end, we left it up to the PCs to decide, and not force the issue.  When I saw the mob approaching, I thought the entire town had come to roll us, then move on as a whole to roll Steve after we were cleared.

* Dragoon Combat Line!  When I fled Brogan and went for someone smaller to pick on, I chose the other end of combat... and got my ass handed to me by a bunch of under-20th Dragoons.  The new 2H rules are working well!

My apologies to everyone that I wasn't able to do Blacksmithing for - I'll most likely spend the Sept. event at the forge the whole time catching up on tasks for the town. ;)

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
Last edit: 25 Nov 2012 20:10 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller).
  • Tyra Silverfang
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I eat dark god babies...
15 Aug 2010 20:55 - 16 Aug 2010 15:20 #4 by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing)
Replied by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing) on topic August 2010 Highlights
sooooo! much fun except not eating and sunburn but other than that A++ steve!

Friday
- seeing Amalthea again and catching up on Quinarian fun times! Also Meeting Belegchand (sp?)
-low level mod invisible book stealing lmao and being dominated and told to fight to the best of my ability which meant Invisible, Blind, Invisible, Pin, etc.
-also low level mod doing "the time warp....again" =P wally i <3 you ^_^
-NPCing as merchants with my handsome husband Marco and Gibbles the Vegetable Goblin and the hilarity that ensued
-being trapped in a kitchen with Steve's chaos demon and being forced to make coffee while watching him and Tim put up walls to block others out while Steve was chaotically crazy and trying to lick Sorel's face lmao
-sleep = good

Saturday
-Mages guild meeting needs a coffee pot... just saying
- New business opportunities (IG and OOG)
- Doing some... fun.. things * mischievous smile* giving another Quinarian a heart attack pretty much
- Drow? Tomb? Undead? Lich? those are four dooms... >.<
-sitting at the lake and dunking my feet, all the conversations were hilarious. Especially Ben Tanning and becoming a Nyad ^_^
-Ming Na... i <3 you ^_^
-didn't get to eat feast, only ate a small sub all weekend >.< kinda sucked, i gotta start eating more at KR
- getting a spell book from Nutmeg!
-learning 2 new languages and being introduced to Master Gideon's version of Ethan Archangel's school of magic lmao... need to improve my spell packet aim on the run >.>
-Misaki after hearing i learned 2 languages "I speak 3 languages; common, Khitanese and MURDER!!!!!!!!" lol
-also Ib: "Victor can you teach me how to be a farmer?"
      Victor: "I can't teach you how to farm, but i can teach you how to plow." *smirk* we all laughed

-being a 2 body mage gurading the healers since i could erect a wall... i am SOOOO not a hero lol
-having an unknown wild mage cast earthen armor on me and being so disgusted that her tainted magic was on me that i ran around asking people to hit me until the unclean was off of me and seriously considering learning a weapon skill in case it happens again and no one agrees to help lol
-Supa Priest! =P
-the banana farming lesson and the hilarious jokes that followed. Bananarama! Ib's banana imporium! Ib! you're the banana king! etc.
-Brogan saying "Ib you'll make a great farmer! You have green thumbs!"
sleep again = good

Sunday
-waking up to find i still had time to go in game and being shocked lol
-more talks with my Quinerian friends ^_^ and hilarity with Orophin!
-being the bearer of bad news unknowingly to Brogan about Dorian >.<
-constantly being Brogan's coffee elf made me laugh... a lot!

and how could i possibly forget??? my first event smoking hookah. been going for over 2 years and never got the chance! thanks Christian and randy for that =P

"There is a difference between a hero and a coward. A Hero wakes willing to risk death. A coward wakes wishing for it."

OOG: Adi
Last edit: 16 Aug 2010 15:20 by .
  • Belegchand
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
15 Aug 2010 22:44 - 15 Aug 2010 22:57 #5 by Belegchand (mcalo)
Replied by Belegchand (mcalo) on topic August 2010 Highlights
For my second full event, I could not have asked for anything better.  It honestly was beyond epic for Belegchand. I swear, interacting with Guildmaster Silverbow, Amalthea, Feladryn, and Rainier, as well as various other mages all weekend really brought out the best role play I could have done, and I want to thank you all for making this possible, especially Bob as Julian, who probably made Belegchand the happiest scholar in all of Travance.

Friday
-Catching up with Chroniclerites as to what happened last month.  Fearing for my life is always fun.
-Getting back to the Inn at the perfect moment for a low-level thing.  Yay being a Chroniclerite scholar and actually having a notebook on me!
-Teaching Literacy: Dark Elven as my first time teaching ever. Wound up teaching that 4 times, High Elven once, Ancient Elven once, and Sylvan Elven once, which was EPIC!
-NPCing late shift, playing a True Warlock, getting destroyed, and kidnapping Kwildar (sorry lol)
-Not sleeping so that I could do scholarly things.

Saturday
-Father Emar's lessons on Enax: Lesson One - Don't wake up for breakfast, we wake you up for not listening.
-Mage's Guild Meeting.  Thoroughly enjoying being the scribe.
-Watching a sorcery ritual for the first time.  One of what I consider the 3 biggest magically-related moments in Belegchand's life to this point (all 3 occurred during this event.)

- Doing some... fun.. things * mischievous smile* giving another Quinarian a heart attack pretty much

- I concure ;)
- Tomb Mod.  Getting asked by various things that are being struck by people far more seasoned than me what I hit them with, saying "12 Fire", then the smirks before saying they'll take it.
- Studying with Rainier over a book with Master Julian. SO EPIC!
- "Quick - to the Guild! No, wait, they'll just trap us in there... TO THE INN!"
- Having Valence magic cast on me for the first time.  SUCH a huge thing for Belegchand.
- Main Mod.  Belegchand bragged AT LEAST 20 times about how he took down 3 Wall of Fires singlehandedly
- Small meeting in the Guild.  Learning so much from Janus and Julian that I felt like my head would explode.
- Actually going to sleep at 4 because I am nearly passing out on the book I am copying the text from.

Sunday
- Not waking up until 12 and thinking I missed the entire day.
- Giving startling information to those who would require it.
- Teaching and learning various things, including Lore: Chaos!
    - Marshall on duty - "Why would you learn that?
    - Me - "I'm a scholar, I can't turn down a lore."
    - Marshall - "Wait, aren't you a Chroniclerite too? You seriously can't turn that down!"
- Getting the perfect Minor Insanity for my character.
- Only Low Light - Having to rush leaving in order to get to where I needed to be close to on time.

OOG: Matt Calo - Marshal
Last edit: 15 Aug 2010 22:57 by .
  • Tiriel
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 1
16 Aug 2010 01:08 - 16 Aug 2010 09:08 #6 by Tiriel (Tiriel)
Replied by Tiriel (Tiriel) on topic August 2010 Highlights
Aside from the usual "great to see old friends again", this was a great event for me, both as Tiriel and Turin.

Religious plot is getting better every month, and watching plotlines dovetail together seamlessly is an awesome experience.  Much praise to Doug P. and his team for Friday night's Religion mod, it was by turns terrifying, awe-inspiring, brutal, and touching.  The repercussions will echo for months.

Really getting into it with the Baron and his entourage, the Count, and several prominent Chroniclerites.  Actions have consequences, and so does inaction.  Kudos to everyone involved here as well, as the gravity of the situation was maintained without any resulting bloodshed... well, mostly without bloodshed.

Having the Tellinghast crew back in such strength (Sabatheous, Aradiel, Celestine, Barak, Yngvie, Angelica, Halfstaad, Caleb and Orlin, plus a NEW Tellinghast, and hints that Merrin in on his way as well?  Things gonna get a bit hot 'round here).  It really felt like old times, and it was great to see everyone again.

If it's nice to free a great man from bondage and service, it's even nicer to meet him in person, and return his stolen property to him.  Vince was excellent as Sorrow, and I wish I would have had more time to speak to him.  I am sure that the way things are moving, the opportunity will be there in the near future, so here's to hoping.

Once again Turin missed his chance to talk religion with Celestine and Cinder.  Don't worry guys, we'll get our chance soon enough.

There really were too many great moments to mention them all (Mixolydia, Osred, Aldous, Lorna, Siobhan... really too many), but everyone seemed to be spot on this weekend, and I had a great time.  Thanks, and I will see you all in September,

Terry

Brother Tiriel Tellinghast
Valrkirin Urulokion, in service to Lord Blackthorne
Turin MacLeod (NPC)

Terry
Last edit: 16 Aug 2010 09:08 by .
16 Aug 2010 11:18 #7 by Gabriel Llopiz (Xenas)
Replied by Gabriel Llopiz (Xenas) on topic August 2010 Highlights
Friday:
Giving Kamei a gift and promising to protect her.

Opening mod! Fighting off lizardkin and smashing the demon alter, unleashing demons onto travance.

Getting beaten for said acting, then being sucked into the portal. 

Going slightly insane from being sucked into the portal.

Heading back to the inn, silently crying and fighting back lizardkin the entire time.

Finding the first key and actually feeling hopeful for redemption.

Being put in time out by Kamei

Becoming Magnus's student. And answering the witch hunter question just before killing werewolves.

Saturday morning: NPC SHIFT!

Going out as lizardkin and being resurrected at the focus by emar. Very fun roleplaying.

Then going out as a demonic imp and annoying the crap out of travance with flashes and windwalker.

Saturday afternoon:

Hearing Kamei was kidnapped and running out in a fury to save her.

UNDEAD GNOLL!!!!!

Moving out with a HUGE group of people to kill off a lich, death knight, and death assassin. 

Killing off the lich and finding the second key and "holding it" so tightly my knuckles turned white.

FEAST! thank you again Magnus for putting your all into each serving.

Saturday night:

Main mod was so crazy! 

Using yado to not dodge an arrow. Nothing more dangerous than friendly fire.

Demon: "I KILLED A PALADIN!!!"
*silence* 
"NO SERIOUSLY, HE'S RIGHT OVER THERE!!!"
Random Travantian: Prove it!

Going on a suicide run with not sword or shield to save Heros fallen behind enemy lines.

Running out again to save Lasy Mixolidia only to find out she was already saved.

Seeing the chaos demon sealed. 

Shen's snoring

Sunday morning:

Mizaki.

Walking around the waterfront and hearing "F**K!" come from nowhere, only to find out mizaki's lizardkin friends had been eaten 
by fire tribe lizardkin.

Hearing Cy say: "Proof that everything Mizaki loves dies"

Mizaki believing it was the end of the world and near throttling me as he yelled it out.

Yoshi's death.  

Always a pleasure,
Felix Suarez
[OOG: Gabriel L.]
16 Aug 2010 11:40 #8 by Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet)
Replied by Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet) on topic August 2010 Highlights
Did you just call me lazy?

Baroness Mixolydia Hartwoode of Travance
March Warden of Selendrias

Alas for those that never sing,
But die with all their music in them!
(oog-Jen W.)
16 Aug 2010 12:16 #9 by Gabriel Llopiz (Xenas)
Replied by Gabriel Llopiz (Xenas) on topic August 2010 Highlights
No... Just downed... *runs away*

Always a pleasure,
Felix Suarez
[OOG: Gabriel L.]
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
16 Aug 2010 12:22 #10 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic August 2010 Highlights
I had a lot of fun and have pain all over.

Thanks to all those that made this a very enjoyable weekend for me.

Seeya in September!

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • Misaki
  • Dark Sith? Where?!
  • Thank Yous: 23
16 Aug 2010 12:26 #11 by Misaki (cbodnar)
Replied by Misaki (cbodnar) on topic August 2010 Highlights
Yay being a Sunday highlight!  However, it's worth noting I didn't drop the F-bomb.  Just saying  :)

Misaki Xianlu VonRitter, the Nemesis

Vassal of Pendarvin

"Evil Must Be Destroyed"

16 Aug 2010 14:18 #12 by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli)
Replied by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli) on topic August 2010 Highlights
Yay being a highlight!

Friday:
-Got there a bit late, but at least we didn't miss lay on =3
-Going right into Khitan stuff
-Seeing a portal go off not even ten minutes after we got to the forge looking for Baoyu, then being a leader, leading all low levels back to the inn.
-Running back down to the same spot to join Mae and Baoyu to see what craziness was going on
-Hearing something about a Drow tomb..and demons...so crazy. Kamei was really glad she didn't follow the groups like she wanted too.
- *makes a weigh scale out of hands* "Drow tomb for gold....or relaxing on the couch...hnn. What do you think Rosette?"  XDD
- Setting limbs! I think that is one of the things Kamei loves the most, hearing people scream as she sets their limbs back in place! Man I need salves of soothing haha
-Putting Alexander into time out and scolding him motherly style about setting the demons free
- Making friends with Winks! ^_^
-Having Camen give his empty bottle to Jing (A new girl khitan, YAY) and telling her to get him more drink. Not having her understand, then chase after him with the empty bottle.
-Then...having her yell at him in "Khitanese"
-Thank you Creed for deterring further yelling that Camen was going to do at Jing
-Watching Creed and Camen spar
-Sleeeeppppp

Saturday:
-Getting to wear Hakama in the daylight, and looking pretty awesome ^^
-Helping Adam/Baoyu cook for Khitan plot stuff
-Being put into Slave labor making WonTons..NEVER AGAIN
-Learning how to climb! Yessssssss!!
-Going down and setting up in Kaledonia for Khitan meeting
-..FOOODDDDDD
-Having Kamei get kind of ticked that the person who was supposed to show up and didn't
-..Then realizing that didn't matter at the end of the meeting..XD
- GUINESS BROWNIES AND CHEESECAKE! Thank you Bran!
-Setting more limbs!!
-Swimming at the water front, the water felt so amazing
-Crazy talking XD "Dr. Maxwell the Nyad!", Watching Jackie not caring and swimming with her elf ears on. And being joined by Ming and Ishima!
-Being called off because of 'urgent business'
-Steve...Vince...have I told you guys lately that i absolutely freakin' love you? XD Thank you guys for making my weekend awesome! So excited.
-Finding out that if put too it..I can change into costume, run to the inn, and make it to a mod in less than ten minutes.
-Learning a little bit more about my character, which is always a good thing. She was HAPPY for once!
-Being captured by a Gnoll (whom of which was Cy/Misaki, so it was okay, lol)
-Rescuing! And being told by many how they were worried about me, and came to rescue me. Made me all warm and fuzzy inside.
-Learning something very interesting about Baoyu IG, and then Baoyu learning something very interesting about Kamei IG. Great roleplay! Thanks Adam.
-Relaxing and walking about until feast
-FEAST!!!!!!!! Yummmy
- Helping cleaning up after feast, YAY TEAMWORK!! Rinse, fill. Rinse, Dry, put away!
-NPCing Main Mod, oh where to begin!
  -First being a Greater Skeleton and kicking butt! I didn't encounter one witch hunter! So I had fun without dropping right away XD
  -Bran...in...Drag  lmfao
  -Ancient Imp! Getting to Surge cast third rank fire spells!
  -Getting to see Steve act so chaotic...greatest thing ever. Two people watching the stars, Steve bothering them, trying to chaos blast high armor and sword. Then giving up and laying down next to the guy really closely watching the stars. "Look at those stars...I HATE STARS!!!" Then chaotic blasting a shield and using the pile of dust as a pillow as he watched the stars before the PC's came down.
  -"PROTECT THE SHIELD!" -Chaos to Minions.
  -Getting to be on High Level mod!
  -Going back into game as Kamei...with a pink face from red make up xD
  -Playing cards with "Tyler", and having Kamei be rather charmed. Found out later from Chris/Bran, that I was the only one to beat him at Black Jack all night. Also..sleight of handing the two silver into my bag, i saw what you did there ;D
  -Getting to the point of tired, "Im going to bed, I don't care if I take a death, as long as they let me sleep". Then passing out as soon as i hit the pillow.

Sunday:
-Getting up and packing our stuff up into a little pile, then heading down to the inn.
-Teaching is always a good time ^_^
-Hearing something about Yoshi using necromancy and killing Creed, and kind of blowing it off.
-Hanging out with the new Khitanese, Watching a big group of being spar/train/teach.
-Chasing Bran around because of something he did...
-Tricking him, then waylaying him. Letting him lay on the ground a bit because Kamei wasn't too pleased with him
-Hearing what Yoshi did was true...and was VERY surprised, and kind of upset, because she knew he wasn't a necromancer.
-..Execution and banishment...Kamei..was..FURIOUS.
-Burying Yoshi. D;
-Kamei leaving in a haste, very livid...
-Having to leave early..-sad-

Overall was a great weekend! I don't really have any low lights :3

[Kamei Kunsai, Vassal and Health Administer of Kaladonia]
[Luminista Petsho-Aeislin]

(oog: Shannon F.)
  • Oakroot
  • We all hope for happy endings... right?
16 Aug 2010 15:33 #13 by Oakroot (OakRoot)
Replied by Oakroot (OakRoot) on topic August 2010 Highlights
Highlights:
Best event of the year for me thank you all who were in charge
-Getting to meet a lot of new people IG and OOG.
-NPC shift was really awesome this weekend, getting turned good by Mr.Director himself and fighting along side the PC's and then 20 mins later being grabbed by the throat as a new NPC and have James make me take 500 DIVINE!
"Your body goes up in flames"
"*loud bloody scream with hands in the air while on the ground*"
-Getting Role play with the chaos demon whom I did not know was the chaos demon.... Even though he sat on my lap and got right in my face
Thanks Steve.
-Getting to scare a True warlock as I charge him out of No where sad thing is I had 2 Body at the time...
Cain-"Oakroot he's being bad and decaying the trees"
Oakroot-"WHAT!!!!!!!"
True Warlock-"WHAT!!!!!"-with a mocking tone
Oakroot-*CHARGE IN SCREAMING*
True Warlock-*o.O*
RPing with Malcolm's NPC was awesome!
-Getting an A+ from Lord Brightstrar for my witty banter with Janas.
-Papa Jingeling was hilarious.
-Going treasure hunting with Ranith before feast and finding lots of awesome stuff including my new Exalted Superior Electrum spear so happy.
-Main Mod was just AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loved walking through or jumping over walls durring low level main mod.
-Steve's Chaos demons performance of "NO I'M NOT GOING BACK!" ect. made me laugh when I shouldn't have.
-Watching Yoshi walk himself to his execution with dignity and poise, a great way to send off his character and cleaning himself up reminded me of an old movie awesome job Chris.
Getting some great RP with Tobar wishing there was a Marshal there for us...
-Blood Pact with Toravisu "We will never forget"...
-Going to the graveyard and using 45 Druid Points erecting the entire area with flowers to pay my respects to the man who saved my life countless times.
-and last but biggest highlight of the event... GETTING ATTUNED TO THE GROVE THANKS SO MUCH KRISTEN!!!!
Lowlights:
-Um... the event ended? Best I can come up with flawless for me good job again all who helped and were in charge.

Brinden Oakroot
Vassal and Gaurd of Kaladonia
Student and Squire of Lady Elawyn Brightstar
Follower of Chronicler and Son of Arawyn
*OOG*
*Clark Livengood*
  • Oren Tenderson
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Be better than you were the day before.
  • Thank Yous: 172
16 Aug 2010 15:44 #14 by Oren Tenderson (Tormy)
Replied by Oren Tenderson (Tormy) on topic August 2010 Highlights
Wish I could have gone this event guys.  Especially with all the highlights.

two biggest low lights for me were:

-not going to the event
-being complained at before, DURING, and after the event that there was not enough bacon in travance this moon.

Captain Oren Zero Tenderson of the Royal Baronial Guard of Travance.

OOG- William Bartlett
Marshal
16 Aug 2010 20:36 #15 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic August 2010 Highlights
*Rozari Familia

During Main Mod:

*Misaki and I are standing back to back "Misaki I'm glad you have my back!" "Ug... I wish I could say the same."
*My tendinitis in my hip flared up during main mod and Travis and I went and sat in the shadows watching everyone. People looked right as us and didn't even notice we were there... It was kind of awesome

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
  • Ali
  • Those Who Hear Not The Music Think The Drummer Mad
  • Thank Yous: 36
16 Aug 2010 22:47 #16 by Ali (Nutmeg)
Replied by Ali (Nutmeg) on topic August 2010 Highlights

I have to say that normally I do not eat all that much as a person but usually on a regulated diet it's funny when I play a hobbit haha!

Friday:
-Eating tons of food and shoving some into peoples mouths (I'm sorry I don't remember your names)
-Meeting New people
-Nutmeg making friends with the loud Celts like always
-The secret society (I'm waiting for the cloaks and punch)
-Having to crash early because I was way to tierd
-Being woken up the first time by NPC to talk to Nutmeg and automatically offer them Naan that I had left on me and fallen asleep with.
-Random ghostie that came in while I was sleeping didn't even realize I was there wooo!
-Demons coming in frighting the poor hobbit "Aww shes so cute" then them giving me nightmares It's a shame they couldn't see me sticking my tongue out at them

Saturday M:
-Waking up extremely early by the night crew and the hilarity conversation. "You made the door disappear now how am I getting out?!?!"
-Long conversations in the morning
-Stuffing my face with morning grapes and muffins and feeding lots of other players
-The hilarity of early morning chess
-Trying to feed anyone I could
-Early morning wake up call for those who are supposed to be disciplined
-Did you get training for that thing that we talked about early that nutmeg can't really say about it right now?
-Learning about Gods and Goddess
-Finding out that the God Sermon she was going to was related to Hobbgoblins and then getting up and leaving
-Early morning tea and the awesome pot!

Saturday Afternoon/ Evening:
-Feed the poor starving hobbit! The Hobbit needs feeding, Hobbit is soo hungry!
-The amount of food people kept shoving at me
-Will trade goods for food!
-Training by a dragoon
-The Armored Chaos Hobbit!
-The Dragoon Celt Khitan Hobbit!
-People just leaving stuff everywhere!
-I'll give you my Armour and you can wear this, (Zelda theme pops into my head *Item acquired*)
-SWIMMING!!! soo much fun, explaining what I was to the life guard and discussing the many differences and experiences
-Walking around barefoot most event (the paths sucked but the grass was nice)
-Dagger training from Teig (sp?)
-The long conversations and learning all about Dryads
-The entertainment was great at feast!
-Showing Nutmegs eating power at feast!
-Meeting all the new people.
-Loving the Celts talk about the other Celts
-Apparently sleeping right through the murder right beside me :(
-Chopping up skeletons and hucking anything I could at skeletons and then Chopin them up!
-Having to go to bed because I was just too tired to go on main mod and sleeping right through it

Sunday:
-Wake-up shift was interesting
-Watching the fabulous roll by Jake
-The guard role play with Teig and Necromancer

IG: Nutmeg, Hobbit and Chef Extraordinaire
OOG: --Ali--
  • Rannick
  • By the Sword - Live and Die
16 Aug 2010 22:55 #17 by Rannick (Rannick)
Replied by Rannick (Rannick) on topic August 2010 Highlights
+On a clerical note, the logistics of the game was smoother this time than it has been at other times.  At other games I have spent a lot more time tracking people down and such.  Maybe it's because I'm starting to get the hang of it - but whatever the reason, the minimal paperwork-downtime was appreciated.  Thanks to all the Marshals and desk jockeys who made that possible!

+The venture into the Drow Lich's tomb was loads of fun: Beating a bunch of skeletons to dust with my fists, taking on a death-knight (or three) for the first time, and earning my first insanity.  I wasn't sure at first, but think I will keep it.  And name it George.

+I LOVE eggs in-a-basket for breakfast.  There are MONUMENTS dedicated to how much I love eggs-in-a-basket for breakfast.  That really perked up my morning and set my good mood for the day.

+Thanks to everyone who made food for the market day

+The weather held out very nicely.

+I really enjoyed playing with Bran and Seamus for the first time.  Looking forward to seeing you both again!

+My NPC roles were just too much fun to describe.  They were nothing but role-play, but it was a really fun way to get involved with the meta-plot.

+Thumbs up to the feast cooks.  I love greek food - especially that sauce that I can't spell or pronounce.

+Steve plays a right funny chaos demon.

+Ladies and Gentlemen; Ming Nah.

+The weekend's ... "solution" was an interesting tactical challenge.  As a low-level PC, I didn't have a whole lot to do with making it happen, but the idea of herding an invincible enemy into a portal takes thinking and planning beyond simply, "Let's kill them all."  Presenting players with a challenge they can't simply beat to death is a hard thing to pull off, but when done well it lends the right sense of uncertainty, as well as a chance to strategize.  Well done.

+The "three-boss" nature of it meant that a lot of people got a chance to get a piece of something big.

* Dragoon Combat Line!  When I fled Brogan and went for someone smaller to pick on, I chose the other end of combat... and got my ass handed to me by a bunch of under-20th Dragoons.  The new 2H rules are working well!

+Facing that Stone Demon down was the best part of my night.  Thanks for your great job playing it, Geoff (the rules callings were a nifty cordial contrast to the savagery of the battle), and thanks for the shout-out to all us little dragoons!  The fact that we could take your spear and turn right back around and start using it was pretty dang neat.

Yay being a Sunday highlight!  However, it's worth noting I didn't drop the F-bomb.  Just saying  :)

+That was probably me ...

--R--
--Andy--

Those who draw a line between the soldier and the scholar will have their thinking done by cowards and their fighting done by fools.
  • Derelith
  • You cannot believe what you can't conceive.
  • Thank Yous: 9
17 Aug 2010 00:28 #18 by Derelith (Derelith)
Replied by Derelith (Derelith) on topic August 2010 Highlights
-Learning more traps, its always fun to tell an npc hey you set off a trap to hear the cliche "Awwww Really?"
-NPC shift as a Gnoll and getting fed at the inn (still as a Gnoll )
-Taking on 2 werewolves alone while my comrade donned armor (only level2) got a 'broken' limb in that fight, I have to thank Creed on saving me on that one

odd highlight:
-Low bloodsugar causing me to feint on DrMaxwell after he restored my limb, talk about awkward roleplaying, i will repay the Baron somehow for taking care of me after that incident

Derelith

IC: Derelith
OOG: Ray Hunter
  • Secarius
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Cinis et Cinis Pulvis Et Pulvis
17 Aug 2010 00:32 #19 by Secarius (Secarius)
Replied by Secarius (Secarius) on topic August 2010 Highlights
first off it was AMAZING to see everyone again.
2nd: weather... not bad at all. was afriad it wuld be beastly hot/humid./.. or miserable and rainy. glad it was neither =3

friday night: Dinner and tea with Evernight... AWESOME!
got to have a very interesting conversatin with a Vampire Lord = Sweet
Dan Gill.. the tea and food was OUT OF THIS WORLD! you or whomever prepared it should get 3 cookie shaped medals for it
getting to learn some really cool ig stuff that will probably bring Jing some sweet trouble

Saturday Morning: having a 90 minute conversation with Tiriel about being a Cleric "Clericy" (his term) lols
the rp was out of htis world! cried REAL tears while telling him the "creation myth" of Brax's people and explaining about how his people see the gods and know them. and how brax has been able to correlate his racial gods into the gods of the Light, dark, & neutral pantheons.
Goose your lamb chops were PERFECT. nuff said

Saturday day: playing my A-hole Psion. was SOOOOOO much fun. the look on Adi's high-elf's face when i walked up.. joined the conversation between her, janus and Aerin Feist for a minute or two.. and then asked "So who are all you people" and she said "oh your an A-hole and walked off.. thent he following conversation between myself, Janus and Aerin.. made me SOOOOO happy. theng etting to go on the drow cave mod. and spending 90% of it inside Steve Myers' posi bibble... such fun conversation there.

NPCing main mod was such fun the "looks" in peoples eyes when i just kept spitting out those petrifies.. "like really again? wtf!" made me smile inside. repeated "assails" and "20 or 40's to the back from vince.. awesome!..

Saturday night watching creed get ganked.. so much fun.

then sunday as brax. being bothered while in the midst of getting dressed by 2 Gnolls, 2 Kobolds, & 2 Trolls; Telling them "Go away or you will be turned into a Blood Red Mist" their choosing to not go away.. and then proceeding to keep to my word.. broken limbs, cleaves, and a berzerker rage later.. i turn and see Kwildar.. charge him.. and as soon as i get within striking distance he hits me with with his Calm prayre. and i collapse... SOOOO AWESOME! then wandering around Rping with people on sunday was an awesome cooldown rp time after the intense weekend

A++ weekend would weekened again

ALex S.
player of Brax the Barbarian
17 Aug 2010 00:43 #20 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic August 2010 Highlights
Fantastic event for me!

-Trying to help when the demons were first released from the portal, but when I realized what they were capable of I ran like a little b*tch...there are times I hate having to play the "cowardly goblin" racial RP requirement, but this wasn't one of them

-Teaching a couple things as well as getting taught, always some great RP

-Fantastic conversations with quite a few people about various subjects

-Planning and plotting with Lord Apollo and some great possibilities for Winks' future

-Fighting alongside Lethias once again on the Markovia mod, and then being entrusted with the box we recovered...some great RP trying to pick that lock, too bad I wasn't successful

-Helping Kamei with her problem, and in the process discovering some things about Winks' personality that *I* didn't even know...

-The absolute craziness that was main mod, which of course was the point...I had a couple good moments myself, and heard about so many more

-Misaki and the lizardkin Sunday morning...absolutely priceless

-Messing with everyone's heads as the Psions, too much fun even if I personally hate the class hehe

See everyone next month!

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
17 Aug 2010 01:06 #21 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic August 2010 Highlights
Highlights:

Friday:

Healer shifts.....just saying....awesome idea...should be implemented.
Not going to sleep until 730 am- bc of monsters and ppl needing healing right after the winds changed
I dont really remember most of it.....just fighting and healing and fighting and sleepy and fighting....
SHEN

Saturday

Shen waking me up. Me stumbling to him. Him looking at me and telling me to go back to bed. Stumbling to bed
LEARNING. Well.....following/tracking/looking/searching for Shen. In his own words "This isnt faaaaair." Lol.
Really loved the lesson and the sparring though when we got there.
Yummy food. Adam- get into the kitchen! ^_^
Khitan plot........./mindbreak
More.....fighting!

Feast- good hot and not nearly enough!
Washing dishes.....heheheheh hilarity ensued

NPC:

Hobgblin priestess out to teach. Soooo much fun and nearly creamed soooooooooo many goblins.....
The endless fighting that was main mod

Going home, taking a hot shower, and sleeping until work on Sun.....priceless

Lowlights
Misquitoes....kill zem....kill zem alllllll!

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
17 Aug 2010 01:40 #22 by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost)
Replied by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost) on topic August 2010 Highlights
Well things went along just like they normally do at KR for a full-time NPC, that is getting my butt kicked at every turn lol. But there were a few notable things...

+ The Tellinghast/Templar mod was a ton of fun. I was told to call one of the Tellinghast a blasphemus whore, result was the rest of the Tellinghast telling me valos wouldn't approve of my language lol.
+ Fighting the Count. I don't know why but fighting nobility is just so much fun to me.

+ Was sent out with a small group as gnolls, kidnapped Kwildar and took him back to logistics to be tortured lol

+ Tim as a demon during main mod. Tim: I KILLED A PALADIN!! LOOK LOOK I KILLED A PALADIN HE'S RIGHT OVER HERE COME SEE!!!
Random Travantian: Prove it!
Tim walks up to paladin, heals him for 4 body then kills him again.

+ Mark during main mod. Mark throws a spell packet to banish a demon and hits Apolo right in the chest. Result of this is epic laughter.

+ Start of main mod when Liz's spell packet  hits the perfect shot to someone's eye. Good job Liz, next time aim lower lol.

+ finally going out on sunday and making half of travance believe for a little bit that the world was going to end. The best rp's for that were Ming, Dan that was awesome rp I thought I was going to die it was hysterical, Bran taking off like a bat out of hell yelling for seamus, Jarrett, I didnt really think that you and Dan were both going to spit out the water onto Garrett and yell it was tainted lol. Garrett, I am sorry for making you believe that the entire clergy all the Tellinghast included were priests of glomm lol but it was funny. Also I dont know who the last person is but it was funny to see the look on father Edwin's face when he was accused of being the High priest of glomm.

overall great event and I now love rping psions but only when I get to screw with peoples minds lol.

Baht A'tal Damien Mograinne
Champion of Galmachis

OOG Josh LaBar
  • Seámus Aeislin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Glaine ár gcroí! Neart ár ngéag! Beart de réir ár mbriathar!
  • Thank Yous: 30
17 Aug 2010 03:03 #23 by Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin)
Replied by Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin) on topic August 2010 Highlights
Highlights:

+ More or less officially having inherited the title of "Seámus the Sane"

+ Low level mod at lay on. Elvarin always seems to do a bang-up job.

+Dinner friday night was great, despite several interruptions.

+ The battle at the forge Friday night against various undead, ghosts and ghouls included. Took down several before one paralyzed me and proceeded to eat ALL of my limbs. (Let it be known, I despise ghouls now, but not the folks who play them.)

+ Being a limbless body for about 4 hours with my IG friend Rione. We were unceremoniously dumped on a couch in the in with a saintly Miso catering to our needs. (Someone get that man a medal.)

+ All of the jokes that came along with being a talking torso. Such as when all around the forge were threatened to shut up or be hit with Maul. I turn to Rione and say "Well, we're exempt from that. She can't strike off any more--... Wait a tick, I fergot about me Celtic kickstand... I'm goin' ta shut up now..."

+ Breakfast was awesome. French toast and other eggs. Thanks Creed and others.

+ Strength training with Kane to beef up my "new limbs" (did I mention I hate ghouls?). Mostly due to playing tag with Nutmeg in full armor, and then doing laps around a tree with a pretty elf on my back. (When the words "Seámus, get on your knees so I can climb onto your back." are uttered by such a person, you ask no questions).

+ Small weapon training with Teeg (sp?) and meeting him and his Elven friend Shaman in general.

+ Father Morgan's lamb. Enough said.

+ Volunteering to be poisoned to help in Amathea's lesson to learn Cure poison.

+ Meeting the Hibernians. Hell, meeting all of the new folks I did this weekend.

+ Actually knowing and being able to sing along to the song Rannick performed at feast.

+ NPC Shift: Convincing a drunkard that the Count was lying to him and that he should punch him in the mouth (Sorry James). Then, immediately after, pestering the hell out of Steve Oros with another four NPCs just to try and get him to fight us.

Lowlights:

- During main mod catching a sword tip in each eye and getting several more sword blows about the head and neck within the span of about 10 seconds. It sucks not being able to actually see in dark woords at midnight.

That's about it... All in all, I had a great time this weekend and throughly enjoyed myself yet again at my second event.

IG:
Main - Sir Seámus Aeislin of the Clan MacInnes

Alt - Boryev Solvei, Baro of the Solvei Kampania
#bigtomdidnuffinwrong
OOG - Shane Johnson
Monster Marshal
  • Simon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 125
17 Aug 2010 04:28 #24 by Simon (BigZ)
Replied by Simon (BigZ) on topic August 2010 Highlights
-Bringing in Zeltretch Otenreosse, my alchemist
-Accidentally causing the senile scholar to cast a spell that dominated some people and caused them to attack the rest of the time by asking about immortality. Zelretch felt terrible about this, but I was trying not to laugh when nothing happened to him.
-playing one of the ghosts on Saturday morning
-Only played Rhamulus for a few hours, went on a mod with Mr. Jingaling to get some chang chang and was downed so many times that Mae Fong said she no longer wanted to touch him and true-distanced healed me standing about a foot away
-Tobar calling about 10 lores on Rhamulus when asked to teach master florentine
-changing in to Zelretch after the mode to save Kamei and Demitri from gnoles, looking outside my tent, and seeing a group of 10 or so spiders maybe 3 feet from me and living
-seeing those same spiders get destroyed by Brogan a few minutes later
-winning that foot race and having the person who organized it having no idea what to do with the money because nobody bet on me, then somebody saying that I should race Magnus. Maybe next time.
-Ib's banana farm lesson "Bananas So Cheap You Can Be A Serial Arsonist"
-deciding at about 9:30 on Sunday morning that it was time to sleep when I oogly thought the bar was attacking me
-and I'm sure there was a bunch of stuff I forgot

Lowlight
-Forgetting to learn Literacy: High Elven on Sunday from Belechand (sp?) after sleeping from 9 until whenever Yoshi was executed
-Rhamulus should have been there for that, but I was too tired to go to my tent and change
-Getting home, looking at my feet, and counting twenty some mosquito bites between them, including on the bottom and on my toes

OOG: Nick H.
-Officer
17 Aug 2010 07:47 #25 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic August 2010 Highlights

Hobgblin priestess out to teach. Soooo much fun and nearly creamed soooooooooo many goblins.....

What you may not realize is how close those goblins came to creaming you  :P

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
  • Erim Walker
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I love Travance. There are shirtless men EVERYWHER
17 Aug 2010 09:53 #26 by Erim Walker (shiva14b)
Replied by Erim Walker (shiva14b) on topic August 2010 Highlights

What you may not realize is how close those goblins came to creaming you  :P

Kinky?

"Ok we can attack... but if we miss, we'll hit the villagers."
"I'm willing to take that chance!"

Things I am no longer allowed to do in an RPG :
31. The backup trap handler is not whoever has the most HP at the time.
73. Not allowed to name my cudgel Ceremonial Whoopass Stick.
74. My thief's battle cry is not "Run And Live"

[OOG Jenna
  • Dorn
  • Thank Yous: 45
17 Aug 2010 10:44 #27 by Dorn (Aradiel)
Replied by Dorn (Aradiel) on topic August 2010 Highlights
Religious Mod on Friday tough, great roleplaying by all, tough, shocking, tough, and closed so many plot lines flawlessly.

Roleplaying with Kyle, Vince, and Steve was great best in a while for me.

Holding Jon closely when he was stressed about something.  ::)

The overall roleplaying as a whole being pretty dam good. I have no complaints.

Seeing a lot of new players and some great old friends. I wish I had more time to Ropeplay with everyone.

Market fair meats....I love you Goose.

Sunday morning PC driven execution. Though I am still confussed why he didn't punch a hole in his chest n stead of using undead....sigh.....we may never know. Maybe its like the JFK assassination.

Dorn Marblecarver

-Killer of goblins and Trolls....the filthy gits-

(Jeff Mclean)
  • THENPC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Assassins Do It From Behind
  • Thank Yous: 126
17 Aug 2010 12:03 #28 by THENPC (THENPC)
Replied by THENPC (THENPC) on topic August 2010 Highlights
It was indeed good to speak with the Tellinghasts that I did, and come to realize that a situation they find themselves in is not all that different from the one they have grievance with us for. It's good to see zealots practice what they preach, and my respect for them certainly grew when I realized they were not asking of us anything they were not in the process of doing themselves. They hold everyone else to the same rigid standard of themselves, but unfortunately they are all better men than I  ;D

80% of my time as my PC this month was spent teaching, which was great. It's good to see the Witch Hunters I've trained leave the nest, so to speak as I give them students of their own. Taking some new apprentices myself to fill the void makes me look forward to the new crop of Witch Hunters coming up.

Main mod was a blast, and I can't believe how many times (over a dozen) the following scenario happened:
I sneak behind the enemy lines, my target would turn around, look right at me, and then disregard me as an ally when I said something like "Come on, they can't take all of us" in a demonic voice only to be wrecked in the back the second they turned around. Except Steve, who every time called my bluff with a chaotic alteration.

Playing Sarrow was a blast, as always. Between the Evernight dinner where I missed all the sausage until it was gone and my time on Saturday with the Tellinghasts and Lord Brightstar, I look forward to bringing him back out to usher in more big things in the future. Also looking forward to see where Andy is going as Valkress (sp?)

Adversus Nox Noctis,
Sir Lethias Discretion Nathaniel Peregrin Christopher Wrathchild VonRitter
Knight of Travance
Putting the Shiv in Chivalry Since 1202

Mortem facit omnes aequales, vitam facit omnes fratres
Vince The NPC;
RM, RPM, ST
17 Aug 2010 13:33 #29 by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost)
Replied by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost) on topic August 2010 Highlights
Sorry Shane I was the one who ate you limbs, but you told me you got awesome RP out of it, aren't ghouls so much fun lol.

Baht A'tal Damien Mograinne
Champion of Galmachis

OOG Josh LaBar
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
17 Aug 2010 14:16 #30 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic August 2010 Highlights
I want to thank everyone for all the fantastic things that went down this weekend.  It really came out so well because everyone stepped up their game and made it excellent for me too.

-I was thrilled when a PC had destroyed the "altar" causing the main plot to start.  Was a great feel to the idea that it wasn't something forced on the town, but something to town did themselves.
-Jen, your coffee was absolutely delicious and I just want you to know that you brought a great help to stopping me at main mod because of it.
-Kyle not standing for a demon just carousing about the town however he feels.  That was just perfect.
-The one new Galladelian priest actually keeping a casual conversation with the demon.  That's some balls. A+ sir
-A+ Matt Welsher, would A+ again.
-Saturday was all around awesome, between the lizardkin mod going in a completely different direction to the whole town showing up to fight the lich, outstanding.
-I'm actually afraid of what Winks is capable of now.
-I was pleased that the town actually worked out the strategy and did what I was planning all along.
-Actually getting tackled for reals into the portal was just fun with the actions that ensued.  PCs willing to lay down their lives for the greater good.
-Rob following me invisible the whole time tricking me into killing my own NPCs
-Finally getting to the portal and thinking "Oh shit.  I need to book it."  Only to have my windwalker counterspelled.
-Late night nonsense with Yngwie and Aldous
-Sunday conversation with Aradiel and Lethias.  When Sabatheous came by, I thought I was going to get murdered.

All in all, this was a fantastic and fun weekend to run.  I can't wait to do it again!

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.796 seconds