August 2014 Highlights!

• Terzak
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Tell me, thief, do you know anything about MAGIC?
  • Thank Yous: 154
17 Aug 2014 21:40 #1 by Terzak (TheArchMage)
August 2014 Highlights! was created by Terzak (TheArchMage)
I will officially post on this later. For now, go to town!

By my hand,
Professor Terzak Winstonshire

OOG: Will Harrington
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
18 Aug 2014 07:56 - 18 Aug 2014 07:58 #2 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
Okay..? I guess I'll start things off then.

Well done this weekend, folks. Well done.
Not a whole lot of 'interesting' happened this weekend for me, but that's fine because I wasn't going for that. I wanted your money, and I got it.
I served six different brews at the Black Bird Tavern this month, all of which were the best drinks that I could import around Arawyn. If you want to run a good business, you need to impress, especially on your first few days. It's also helpful to have only the best of the best employees working for you, too. Just sayin'. And absolutely no disrespect to The Dragon's claw inn, but I hope word gets around so that we can get some more people to stop by and say hello, have a drink and enjoy the new little establishment.
I guess you could say that I got some fighting in this event, but not a whole lot. That's fine though, I still got plenty of people saying that they like my fighting style, and for that, I say thank you. I aim to please.
Sunday was a nice day. Perfect enough for me to down two bottles of the mead I brought in and stumble around with that "I hate all of you" face that I always seem to wear for no reason whatsoever. That drunken stupor ended very quickly when my uhh...When um...Surprise circumcision. Yeah. Someone had to rub that for me...

I want to thank Damien (Vaux) for the help and support he's given to Sébastien. It's nice to be in a place where people actually know your name and enjoy your work and company. Thank you everyone who made my first nights running the Black Bird very enjoyable and something that I will definitely be doing more often.
A big thank you also goes to our Kitchen staff for an awesome feast. Thank you guys for all of your hard work.
Thank you to our full-time NPCs, too.
I hope everyone had a great time, and I can't wait to read up about everybody's weekend. I won't be seeing you guys in September, so with that being said, take care until next we meet!

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
Last edit: 18 Aug 2014 07:58 by Not An Assassin (Salem).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Damien (Damien), Goggs (coryan), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
18 Aug 2014 08:21 - 18 Aug 2014 23:50 #3 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
-The first interaction with the Morlen and realizing quickly the situation was far more complicated than originally thought.

-Lori (Leslie's Dark Elf) basically being my hero and researching at the scholar's table with the snippits of information I offered as I passed while I went around trying to keep the new visitors alive/collecting blood samples.

-I kind of murdered the hell out of that Illithid (I remembered all of my skills for a change! It was fantastic! So many mind defenses!)

-Bagels and Druids.

-Impromptu Wildmage hangout at the scholar's table. It seriously was the absolute best having everyone meet for a bit. We should try it again some time! Entertaining George and Zinia (sp?) with my sleep deprivation. :P

-George's Final Arch Caster Lesson. It went from secluded and safe to 'why are so many people here?!' At least the surge wasn't too serious and Ilana got him out in time.

-Speaking of mind defenses. The group of Morlens who eventually gave up on Dominating me and just started swinging and then after defeating them, healing them all up and sending them on their way with a 'I've proved I'm strong, ttyl.' and it working.

-"Ilana, they're after you now." "What?" Thinking it was a misunderstanding and then catching a bit of insight after game. >_>

-Oh the Willow Misunderstanding X.x

-Puzzle mod! <3

-Lois has such a lovely heart.

-P.S. I love just hanging out with Tobias.

-Visigalis things!

-Hearing Balfurous and the destruction of the Kula's hurting the town in its own way.

-Ripping up some paper and panicking with Belegchand.

-Trying to explain sea animals to people pretending they don't understand sea animals or the ocean. The best/worst.

-I really need to learn how to stop things with wings. Demons with wings.. dragoons with wings.. ugh.

-Lois' comfort. Cypher and Morwenne's help. Especially Morwenne's understanding.

-The half-joke Ilana accidentally made it rain (even though it was perfectly timed)

-George broke the ice that was Ilana on Sunday. Then I attacked poor Nalick and got enough information out of him to find out what I wanted :) (The best kind of torture!)

-Though, seriously, Ilana so wanted to use a surge Sunday and nothing showed up. She was disappoint. (Ilana *wanted* to. RPing angry is tiring X.x)

-And now, she waits.

I feel like I'm missing more, I'll add as I remember.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 18 Aug 2014 23:50 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Tyros (Tyros), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Willow That Walks (Chris_Stephens), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
18 Aug 2014 09:38 - 18 Aug 2014 09:48 #4 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
My highlights aren't really in any order just kinda as I remember them.

I would like to title my event as: "Save Ava's Immortal Soul: The Event"

- So many people expressing concern over Ava's current "state". Including Keavy's talk. Sorry Dani, by the time Keavy had her talk to Ava she has pretty much been talking about this the WHOLE WEEKEND. She was pretty much ready to just explode everywhere and possibly divulged too much of her personal life XD

- Ancient buried papers mod. What happens when you take a Chaos warrior, A cleric, a mage and then a bunch of scholarly/less combaty types? A Very tired and hurt Chaos warrior, Cleric and Mage. Ava and Lucien, and as well as the rest of the group would have been a lot more screwed without Clytie's fire walls. Ava not hearing much of the talks being very confused about Modra saying she was a worm and Bolton's unique way of dealing with the leader. Lois being in a tree a good portion of this. Lucien carrying a very injured Ava and a limping Clytie so they could move faster and then collapsing as soon as we were mostly safe.

-Speaking of Clytie this convo was HILARIOUS:

Clytie: So I've seen you been spending a lot of time with Lucien. Is he going to be your third?
Ava: Third what?
Clytie: Husband.
-Ava's face contorts showing a conflicted Ava.-
(Clytie gets to the point fast. Thankfully, Ava is done with 'political' marriages. Even normal Ava wants to marry for 'love'...or at least what she believes is 'love'. But who could love a monster :P )

- Spent most of the weekend with Lucien. It's not everyday that a Chaos Warrior bonds with a Cleric of Valos, but Ava can see they are similar, just with different sources and Ava feels the need to both understand where he comes from but also make sure his path is correct.

- Being convinced to go to Light Mass, Ava agree for the giggles, but instead of laughing and later questioning every light clergy's opinion like she had planned to, she instead ended up on her knees in front of the Valosion Altar with almost every one of her insanities triggering right after another. Light mass: too stressful for Ava's brain. OOG I was prepared to sit there for a very very long time. Finding it amusing oog that later Lucien suggested perhaps Ava was praying to Valos. Ava being disgusted at the idea but also really confused since she's not sure what she was doing.

-Having to explain the collar to some of the same people AGAIN as well as defending and assuring people that it was with good intentions.....some people insisting it really didn't.

- This Convo: ( This was a very common model for most of their convos too..)

Lucien: Give me the collar.
Ava: Why?
Lucien: I wish to crush it.
Ava: Jack would be very upset if this is destroyed....
Lucien: -Heavy Sigh-

-Angeliana dropping the mic on Zelretch when he was saying it was very unlike her to be friends with a valosian.

-Talks with Angeliana about jealousy and emotions. And the little interaction at feast was WONDERFUL

Angeliana: Ava
Ava: What?
Angeliana: I love you.
Ava:.....I feel emotions for you too.
Angeliana: I am very proud of you!
Ava: -turns to Lucien- I also feel emotions for you too.

-Illana making Ava sane....for an hour. A lot happened in that hour, Ava found out why Zelretch divorced her and even that he indeed loved her. Ava pleading to Lucien that her current state was not acceptable, even stating that she would probably not remember the request she made. Lucien deciding to follow the requests of sane Ava, even if insane Ava says something totally different. People also being unsettled by Ava's sanity during that time.

- Talks at the lake with Godrick, Mordra and Lucien. At one point it kinda became 2 v 1 but you know, it's cool, Ava can handle that. This was also a gem that I couldn't stop cracking up about later at home:

Lucien: (paraphrased) We will fix you of your illness.
Ava: Are you saying that the profession I follow is an illness?
Lucien: Yes
Ava: That is very insulting you know. If I was holding my weapon I'd have a very hard time not trying to run you through with it.

-In the end of everything, Ava spent a lot of time being introspective, thinking about herself, having to talk about everything so much really has started to give her a conflict of person. It wasn't helpful that Lucien, who at first, Ava was trying to incite, had much more mental fortitude than she expected and has seemed to personally take it upon himself to "help" her. However, he is one of the only people to make more than the average attempt to help Ava when she needed it. I'm excited to see where this RP goes as it could have unforeseen consequences/outcomes, both if he continues to help her, and even more so if he ends up losing faith in her ability to be "saved"....and that's without adding in Jack and some others lol

-Morwenne joking that even Balfurious wouldn't want to go into Ava's mind and then Ava joking that she should be the distraction in the Balfurious fight.

I can't wait for next event! I look forward to seeing ALL OF YOU :D

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
Last edit: 18 Aug 2014 09:48 by Narcis (ChrisR).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Angeliana (Angeliana), Albert (deatharcana), Not An Assassin (Salem), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
18 Aug 2014 09:48 - 18 Aug 2014 09:49 #5 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
Soooooo much awesome this weekend. So tired. Very excited for my old buddy Jeff to be playing at last.

I know I did things before Andorran mass, but seriously I have to jump right to that. Alice set up the most beautiful and wonderful shrine and ran such an original and Unique mass. So wonderful. Everyone there had such a great time. I'd also like to tip my hat to those who were acting in a more guard like capacity. It really was a wonderful dynamic.

Back to Lay on- Tobias did such a fantastic job RPing out examining me for insanity and then curing it. Highly recommend him. Would go insane again just to have him cure it. Having said that, it was really fun seeing the moment where he realized that only 1/2 of what I was talking about was delusions, and half was real, and he had to back peddle from trying to "cure" me of believing the real parts.

Gaian Mass was really fun this moon too. I had a large crowd and I thank all who came to it. I got to baptize two people to Gaia, and the small RP scene between the three of us leading up to it was so much fun. I was so proud of them later on during the event, when each of them at one point came to me to get help trying to further Gaia's tenants while pursuing the plot. I even had to bring one to the Seneshal and it lead to even more great RP.

Ok. So I'm going to bed early right? Because of the Druid morning thing... why is it 2:30 am already? Ah well, off to bed. In my sleeping garb in the Kaladonian tent. settling in.... hearing Goggins yell for help from the Armory. And a second time. Oh gods nobody else is going out. A level 5 Warrior Monk and I bolted to the armory, and found skeletons holding Goggins in a Tree while Lois was on the ground. Somehow we managd to save them... though I went back to my tent with less than 10 total Casting Points and only 3 body...

Woke up late for the druid meeting. I thought SOMEONE would come get me. Fortunately got there before it was over. Druids grove filled with that many people was wonderful. I really hope we can somehow get that many to come out at once when we have druid buisiness to discuss that isn't a challenge between ourselves. Katie was brilliant in how she attended.

Learning about Hellock and Elder (sp?). Sad about one, excited about the other.

Tired all morning. Did Stuff. Don't remember what.

The "trial" on saturday was fun for me for an unusual reason. Caldor has so few buttons that make him angry, that I rarely get to play him seething with rage. I probably would be in uber jail right now if it wasn't for Grim and Gideon's calming hands and words (excellent timing on that Instill Confidence Geoff)

Storming around afterwards. Wife is rightfully happy and calm. I'm being a northman idiot. Caldor was really moved by so many things said to him that I won't repeat here. His friends really rule. Since none of that would calm him, he went to the only person he knew really would be able to - Angel @ mass. Fortunately, she noticed his state and used both social interaction calming and prayers before his turn to speak at mass. Caldors words would have been very different if she had not.

Wife's between game action gave us an excuse to go down to alisandria and while she was talking with them, I got some time to really talke to Sindra, and discuss druidic theories and what not. Much fun.

All ready for to have a relaxing cook out with just my wife and a few friends at Kaladonia, when I hear CALDOR yelled from the Inn.... sound travels well in travance. I go running, and find out 2 minutes before feast that I'm doing the Benediction. OOG It meant a lot to me that he was asked/trusted to do this, as many of the people he has great respect for have done it before him (Angel, Typhon, Maralas for example). The poisoned wine thing was really exciting and unexpected, and working with Carlotta, Tobias, and others to try and fix the wine and find out what happened was a lot of fun.

Fortunately I made it back in time for my steak.

LOVE Leslie's new elf. Her choice of display paintings was amazing, and I hope to interact with her more. I do plan to rabbit model still!

To my favorite part of this event: Caldor always tries to resolve battles without violence, or at the very least to have the battles resolved without death. It was so nice to see this way of thinking actually take hold this event with many of the Morlens? that were searching for Gems. We saved some (at least physically) and spent time figuring out how to help them. Some we protected, some we couldn't. After the main mod ending, seeing Lucien and Haroldson using their prayer of "grant hope" (I think that was it) on those who had lost their families really moved me.

Main mod was beautiful, if confusing. Got to bring back Augustus, which was very personal for Caldor given that he had only just returned to the proper.

Loved interacting with Father Lazarus, Michael and... I forgot the third one's name. I like were our relationships have ended, with some level of respect for eachothers devotion. Surprised to see which of my friends have become Visigalin.

ORder of the new Dawn NPCs are interesting. Wish I had the time to interact with them more, as I really don't know ANYTHING about them. Caldor is taking the colors he was told about to heart, though he still doesn't know why.

Taking the Dentist to the Enaxian Shrine and chatting with him was fun. I'm hoping its presence will draw him to Kaladonia for some cookouts or what not.

Went to bed early on Saturday becaus eof lack of sleep the night before. Had so much fun when undead tried to get into our tent. One actually managed to slip past all of our traps... only to have me sit up and weild faith him right back into them.

I always enjoy Sunday. Much teaching. Much learning. Got to teach willow Cal like Grace, which is my favorite lesson to give, and help with Shamus' shield lesson, which I adore.

Druid Heirophant duel was good, though the fight was a bit of a let down. I was hoping for more druidics, less combat skills. However, it went in ways I had OOG kind of expected, and I'm hoping our Conclave will be better for it going forward.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot, but I always do.

All in all a wonderful event. I had such a blast and really look forward to coming again.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
Last edit: 18 Aug 2014 09:49 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Damien (Damien), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Angeliana (Angeliana), Albert (deatharcana), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
18 Aug 2014 09:58 #6 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
Truly an awesome start for the dark elf Lorien Blackstone "Lori".

Waylay... Riddle of confusion... You do know I'm on your side right? Yep new to Travance people confusion. Too funny... Distracted kidnappers freeing the held. "I cut you free". "What?" I snap around second blade other side of the Tree. "I cut you free!"

Sharing loot.

I got yo go on Tower Mod. When I had Birgitta started the Inverted a Tower was a hell hole in Travance that was mostly rumor. When I come back... You can't go! So going on Tower Mod and learning how it goes who runs it how it's run and what kind of things can happen. Wow, cool and yes I got to go on Tower Mod!

During which I get my own sneak on... And search the entire floor to find nothing of what we are looking for. Enax! Protections and blade help...and a story for the scholar later.

Research books. Hours of sitting at the table doing research uncovering information in the deep of the night. Watching combat happening from the outside. Lol inside staring dark elf outside. They... They don't see me? "There has to be a spell on the table somewhere." Goes back to researching.

Elves... Certain ones. If I don't look at her I can listen. Others the fifty yard stare. One bold soon to be Lord "what is your house! House? House, what house are you from. I'm sorry I don't understand what you are asking.

Inside giggling. I love you Geoff!

Then on Sunday Kleiden getting Kanas to ask a certain Dark Elf to find out about another...horrid one raiding and killing... Yeah she really wants to find that guy too!

Treasure... Turned in to the Monastery. Dark elf at light church mass... Hmmm. That was pure luck walking in.

Art in the Inn at Market Fair! Caldor you rocked you made her 'day' in so many ways.

Enax story.
Showing art.
Getting to make illustrations.
The Travancian teaching the Dark Elf her native tongue. Only in Travance!

Finding out about a forest that is carnivorous... Wanting to draw And study it.

Finding out the Scholar has a lot of philosophy in common with the Northmen... Something about living in mountain valleys I guess.

So many cool RP things!

Lorien "Lori" Blackstone
Kormarian Dark Elf
Travancian

Lowlight was missing out on feast. Being gut sick... Sucks. Not contagious for those who were in contact either me!

I'm missing stuff. I know I am.

Hugs all!

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
  • Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 379
18 Aug 2014 10:07 #7 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Replied by Tim P (OrganicGolem) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
ALL THE DRAGON BODY PARTS!
-Enjoyable mod right off the bat Friday night, thanks Garret!
-Dozens of Morlans surrounding me, using Time Stop + Harvest Your Soul and walking away from a satisfying large pile of bodies
-"Oh, there she is... I'm gonna talk darkness at her." "Who?" "Hey Swift!" (Fun talk was fun)
-Having my Monastery shenanigans solved in minutes, probably did not hide the thing well enough. At least the guy who put it there didn't get caught doing so (dun DUN duuuuh)
-Dessert Contest, and particularly the horrible jokes made about eating tiny bluejays.
-All the wonderful smithing RP
-North North sparring with Keevee
-Soloing a horde of undead, nearly dropping to minimal damage
-Being completely spent, and then seeing Horus walk in (Bluff, counter bluff, double bluff
-All the wonderful anniversary cakes (particularly mine, thanks much!)

[hr]
-Tim P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Narcis (ChrisR), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Arza
  • Thank Yous: 10
18 Aug 2014 11:33 #8 by Arza (Calder Putnam)
Replied by Arza (Calder Putnam) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
-Flat out leaving a mod when things got too hot, cause damn that gypsy role play requirement!
-Grilling fruit sunday, and having people almost frothing at the mouth to get more
-Really intense totem meditation, that I later realized is a perfect reason for Arza to take a bit of a break from the proper, considering everything else that happened this game)
-Secret lessons with a secret person, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE
-People at the Pendarvin cookout were really nice and gave me the first thing I'd eaten all day, thanks again!
-Alchemy talks with Clytie
And lastly, but totally the best thing this game
-LITERALLY EVERYTHING I DID WITH TOBAR
Seriously, from my first (and final) fencing lesson with him, to all of the conversations about his leaving, me saying what needed to be said, it was all perfect. And what a sendoff! Drinks in that one bar (I forget the name), drinks in the Dragon's Claw, drinks at Kaledonia, all the songs, all the jokes and stories. And Tobar's final song, just.... doof. I cried a lot, and I still have that rose he left me.

ALL ON ARZA'S (possible) DANG BIRTHDAY, TOO
happy birthday to me, right?

Great game, overall, though!

-Calder
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
18 Aug 2014 12:01 #9 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
Tobar's song. Damnit.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
18 Aug 2014 12:08 #10 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
SCIENCE! with Tobias & Illana. Both of you really inspire me to step up my game doing physician things. I may have spent most of my time at work on Sunday looking up antique medical tools. ;-)

Goggins being Goggins in what has got to be the most awkward, bizarre relationship ever. So frustrating IG, so hilarious OOG. Also, trying my best not to start laughing hysterically while bleeding out on the ground and listening to Goggs (stuck up a tree) offer some skeletons money to go away. My very first event, Lois did the exact same thing to a group of gargoyles. Some things never change... Thanks to Caldor & friend for rescuing us!

Mars, your RP late Saturday night was AMAZING. You have given Lois a lot to think about - aside from the obvious "how do we fix it?" stuff, she's really starting to wonder how to be a better friend & person in general.

Bolton, to Lois: "You're twisted." It's a crying shame that it took years for these two to ever have a conversation.

Archaeology mod was great! THERE WERE CENTIPEDES IN THERE, GUS. I HAD TO SHAKE CENTIPEDES OFF OF ME. I hope the information we uncovered will be worth it. Everyone on the mod - Ava, Lucien, Bolton, Clytie, Mordra - was great, too, and I really want to find reasons to interact with everyone who went along more often! And somehow, we were stumbled upon by a McKraegar. Walking back from the mod and realizing we'd gained a Celt was amusing ^_^

Mike Smith puzzle mod! Creativity rewarded, and now Londwyn!tent has some new shinies. :) Apparently we solved the puzzle faster than expected, too, so hooray for us!

Not bad for Lois's first stint as the merchant guildmaster during Market Faire, I think. There was a lot of foot traffic. Next up, getting some more merchants to show up ;-) Also? Walking up to Lori/Leslie and seeing her artwork was fantastic. Leslie, your work is AMAZING. Seriously, if anyone didn't have a chance to take a look, do your best to see it next game.

I'm sure my sleep-deprived brain has forgotten about a million things. All in all, a good event, even though I had to leave Saturday night.

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
  • Belegchand
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
18 Aug 2014 13:19 #11 by Belegchand (mcalo)
Replied by Belegchand (mcalo) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
First off, thank you everyone I interacted with for a fantastic weekend. I cannot think of a single conversation I had all game where the level of RP was not exceptional. That being said, I'm going to limit my highlights to my top 5, in order from fifth to first:

#5 - Ilana's post-Main Mod panic. Seeing her storm into the Inn to confront me and then managing to actually calm her down was an exceptionally fun scene to RP as it had actual meaning to it. Also, after all of the serious talks, the funniest ending had to happen: as we are wrapping up the impromptu lore lesson, a ghoul shows up out of nowhere and tries to paralyzing touch both of us. All that is heard is (Belegchand) "No effect, intercept no effect." (Ilana) "Tsunami."

#4 - Lore: Divinity lesson with Illyrian. I could not tell you how long we sat outside near the Inn and chatted about everything Chronicler, but it was one of my absolute favorite lessons I've given in a long time. It's been a long time since I've actually had a full discussion about faith IG, and it was such a pleasant one.

#3 - Getting to interact with Horus. After hearing many many stories from the dragoons about him, it was a pleasure to actual be able to be, well, useful in dealing with his most recent visit. While I'm certain the aftereffects of that encounter will not end with this event, the fact that I feel I played so true to Belegchand's character in dealing with him is what made this such a great part of the weekend for me.

#2 - Heroic Ronin encounter. All of the PCs for this were top-notch in their roleplay, and truly embraced the purpose of the mod. The meaningfulness of each and every conversation was clearly present. Special shout-out to Norm B. for a truly wonderful chance for teaching. This was one of my favorite times NPCing in my entire time at KR.

#1 - Chroniclerite Mass. This has been something that I as a player and Belegchand as a character has been working and hoping towards for years. From reading aloud from the Tome so people could gain as much useful knowledge as possible, to the sermon regarding Individual Fates, to Illyrian being annointed as a fully fledged Cleric of Chronicler, every part was just what I wanted it to be. I want to thank each and every player that came out, and to say that I intend on trying to do the same basic set-up in the future.

Again, thank you to everyone, and I cannot wait to see you all in September!

OOG: Matt Calo - Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
18 Aug 2014 13:48 - 18 Aug 2014 13:58 #12 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
Replied by Gabrian Grottings (E.B) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
First off: special shout out to all of our new players, from the awesome crew of full time NPCs to our new(er) PCs. Kit the elf, for her stunning representation of the consequences that arise from a 10 gold experiment, and our new smith with his massive, bulging decidedly not human arms, deserve special recognition for ignoring the warnings and bravely taking the plunge into the deep end.

Storyteller: You're going to need cards for that.
Me: *happily hands over cards*
Storyteller: why do you have a pair of cards that specifically state "left" and "right" demon arm?
Me: Bolton's fault.

Lady Blackthorne concerning science: "First it was not on the table. Then it was not in the Statehouse. Now its not in the area. The radius [of unacceptable places to conduct experiments] is growing." What is a poor Dr. DuMourne to do if he can't conduct his experiments without getting scolded for them? We really need to clean the things out of Bolton's workshop so there can be a place to do these experiments.

Mistress Jade: He's pulling a smart Markus.

Marcella to me: You have no clue how long Illana's been looking forward to getting a look at Bolton's headspace.

Getting to help out with the True Lycanthrope hunt was a lot of fun.While I didn't get to see its conclusion I'm glad to hear the witch hunters all banded together to catch and dispose of the pack of them. It was a lot of fun running around all over camp throughout the night, not knowing if you were the hunter or the hunted.

Hearing stories about Gregor's unfortunate maiming at the claws of one of the werewolves. This is why there are no bathroom breaks on a hunt.

Discussing the sport of hunting negative energy creatures with Buckles and the unexpected analogies between thermodynamics, physics, and the reasons why negative energy creatures hunt the living.

Various talks with various Northern Londwyns (its almost like you guys are convincing Bolton NOT to hate the Northern peacocks).

Many more, which would either take too long or too much space to mention here.

Eli
RP Marshal
Last edit: 18 Aug 2014 13:58 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Croínamara (Jen), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
  • Aella
  • Thank Yous: 99
18 Aug 2014 14:23 #13 by Aella (Onirazael)
Replied by Aella (Onirazael) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
Friday:
Camp arrival and I already have 10 bug bites...
Waiting for words on whether or not I would get arrested for.. stuff. Getting to watch Gideon step up in an official capacity.
Going to the Andorran mass run by Angeliana. Props to her for having such a wonderful mass. It was amazing! The ambience and the
beauty of it was very impressive. You did a great job.
Gaian Mass run by my hubby was next. Watching him get two converts was so very cool.
Getting to test out my nocks. They worked really well and were so damn cool.
I am starting to play the how many times I hear either someone shout the word Caldor or ask me: "Where's Caldor?"
Friday's count: 55

Saturday:
Going to the kangaroo court. Getting chastised and then watching my hubby who is an actual lawyer fume for quite a while.
Having so many people support me after the fact gave me the distinct knowledge that I will be fine no matter what happens in the future.
Emerald coven meeting went long. Got to talk about a myriad of topics. Interrupted by attackers.
Got to meet Elder.. yay another Dryad.
My hubby did benediction feast.
A few of us ate steak...because...steak.
Getting Kleiden's dessert was so very nice. Thanks for sharing!
Main mod was impressive in it's size and in its longevity. I enjoyed that it was plot based driven.
Watching Augustus' who just came back to Taravence (yay) get returned to life by my hubby was interesting. He does it every moon now.. spooky.. stop dying people!
The bard circle at Kaladonia was fun. Tobar is always entertaining.
Going to bed early and then having a vampire come into our tent and get slaughtered, makes it so much easier to go back to sleep.
Sunday:
Waking up to a ratman getting slaughtered in my tent...priceless.
Killing ratman and then attacking the wrong target because I saw ELder in his dire wolf form enter a friend's tent.
Reminding the monsters that the altar they were on was being protected by a golem...
Lessons!
Tracking!
FUN!
Watching brother in law try to make it up the hill against attackers with a tiny..tiny ..tiny.. shield was fantastic!

This was a great event. There are so many new players that enjoy interacting with. I feel like I am reminded that the joy of this game is the people within it and though I don't interact with many of you, know that I am in awe by the effort all of you put into making this game come alive.

(Also Jennylynn I hope Judge appreciates how awesome you are. Every time I see you in costume or as your character, I am just amazed at how incredible you look. The first time I played this game I noticed how freaking bad ass your character design was and it still is! )

Aella
OOG: Ree D
~I'd put a pretentious quote in, but I am far too lazy to pretend I'm clever. ~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Albert (deatharcana), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
18 Aug 2014 15:38 - 18 Aug 2014 15:46 #14 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
Alright...my second event. Hooray me. I would have answered sooner, but my appointment today ran WAY later than anticipated.

so, I will break things down by day.

Friday:

-hanging with Duncan and the other Celts and the Northmen. People finally got to see how....final...Highland justice is, and it is as it should be. Note: When you see 15 kilted men with sharp pointy objects coming at you, running is the best course of action. Of course, you'll just die tired, but at least you'll be in better shape for your next incarnation. Donald is very ambiguous about this Quan Liu scunner.
-being able to sit and actually socialize.
-Being told that my costume keeps getting better and better. Seriously, this is my first foray into a fantasy setting. This is heartening to me.

Saturday:
-All the weapons! All the armor!
-mind control sucks. Rules misinterpretations suck. Ilana is cool.
-Tower Mod: Nice to know a few things. "Disarm." "You can't disarm a two handed weapon." Got dropped. not cool. See above sentiment about mind control.
-Calling Morlens "Damnable Moron scunners." "They're called Morlens." "Tha's what I said-Morons. I know I have an accent, but I dinna think I'm tha' incomprehensible!" Playing a Scot based celt is funny sometimes.
-dropped again at the pre feast battle. and who should come save the Blood and Mud man of the schiltrons but...an Andorran- the "weak ones". Donald's head is all screwy now.
-paperwork during main mod sucked. More on that later.
-other things that will be discussed only in private.
Sunday:
-All the Learning! Shield Mastery was easier to deal with OOG, once I realized that I didn't HAVE to succeed at the thing. Apparently inspired a new sport involving a Hobling training buckler, three archers and a mage.
-Killing rat men. Worms suck. Getting them out sucks even harder.
-two collars of thieves, on my second game.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
Last edit: 18 Aug 2014 15:46 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
18 Aug 2014 15:50 - 19 Aug 2014 17:23 #15 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
Assorted:
Having a talk with Morwenne that Nalick had been dreading, but having it turn out okay.
Blacking out and hitting the Inn floor while talking to Eevie.
There's a new bar in town that I'm looking forward to visiting.

"What does supportive mean?"
"It's like a corset, but more figurative."

Friday:
Angeliana's Andorran mass. It was her first and it went off without a hitch. The altar space was beautiful and it was a great idea holding the mass outdoors, in the open. Brother Aldric's meade was amazing.

Then we were led by Caldor to the Gaian Mass. I appreciated the context of both sermons, the first about love and reaching out, and the latter about family by blood and family by choice. Caldor brought up Nalick as an example of someone who had been attempting the former -- which is true but not in the immediate future.

Back at the Inn, a friend of mine was touting the fact that he had consumed five bottles of ale by himself, and was acting accordingly. Since we were both heading to Kaladonia, I decided to help him walk down there. After retrieving some things, he went off somewhere. I went to bed.

Saturday:
Singing meditation in the gully, organized by Typhon! I was worried that I'd miss it, after getting out of bed so late, but I made it and there was a decent turnout. I'm excited that it will become a regular event.

Luncheon at Pendarvin, where I met Astrid and Siggfreid, who had the strangest idea that I was a "dire hobbit." I've had other people seem utterly convinced that I was two halflings, one standing on another's shoulders.

Sir Silverbow needed a way to handle the hot grate being used to grill the food, and I just happened to have a pair of hearth gloves back at my room. Yay, feeling useful! The food was great.

I spent a lot of the day at Alisandria. I forget how I ended up there, but there was a little girl named Elizabeth whom was being hunted. Despite nearly everyone there being overall stronger and better-equipped, I felt obligated to keep watch over her. She clutched "Fallow Pig" -- a stuffed burlap sack with a button nose and little button eyes, and she was scared and worried. And she made me cry for real when she sang a lullaby. I loved most of the interactions that other players had with her, especially Sir Pluvious and Dr. Tobias. Incredible.

Feast was interesting. Thankfully, when people were shouting, "Don't drink the wine!" it hadn't yet arrived at our table. Then Kleidin came around and purified all of it. However, since no one purified the food, Nalick didn't eat any of it, and in fact turned his plate upside down when offered some.

NPC shift
After Main Mod was over, one of my other shifts, which is now one of my favorite shifts, was as a Wraith that sings. Larry came up with the idea, saying that I should make use of my talents, and it was a lot of fun. Thank you, Larry. Sorry, Beardy.

Shenanigans in the Inn with Thalia, Trisana, and Genevieve. Seafaring chickens and trying to divine their motives. Musing on how turtles get around from place to place. Singing. It was so much fun!

Tumbling down the stairs. Lidius and I managed to land on our feet. In fact, I think we both landed on his! Sobriety restored by Morgan. I tagged along with them, because they were on their way to Ostcliff and Kaladonia was on the way.

Sunday:
Andorra. Have. Mercy.
Sunday morning, Nalick is sitting on the edge of a bed with someone who arrived in Travance only recently. Our mutual friend is nearby and we're chatting. The front flaps of the tent are open. Caldor is walking by, pauses to look into the tent and is surprised to see me.

"Nalick!? What are you doing here?"

It didn't help that at that moment, I was buttoning up my shirt. I did have a t-shirt on underneath, but still. Caldor looks at the girl and back at me.
Caldor offered me a cookie, that I treated like a bar of soap. When asked what we had been up to, I said something to the effect of "hmphmphmphmhmmhmm." Before leaving, Caldor gives me the "I'm watching you" gesture.

Needless to say, I was blushing for most of the day and attempting to hide the redness in my cheeks. So many people came up to me to see if I was okay, but I legitimately lost the ability to speak in complete sentences. I would nod or say "Mmhmm," or temporarily remove the glove from in front of my face long enough to say "Quite!"

The Seneschal was one of the concerned and sought out a physician. A moment later, Dr. Darkwood is asking me questions. I give her hints, but I don't tell the whole story, so she kept asking. Then she starts tickling me and I'm rolling around on the ground, calling for help.

What did I get myself into?

Last edit: 19 Aug 2014 17:23 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Angeliana (Angeliana), Albert (deatharcana), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Zathir
  • He's Zahir, I'm Zathir, our sister Ze'Everywhere, she gets around.
  • Thank Yous: 42
18 Aug 2014 16:13 #16 by Zathir (Clevatus)
Replied by Zathir (Clevatus) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
Kensai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zathir Ib'n Hatim Al Nawar

-Vassal of Drega'Mire

(OOG-Nathaniel Galloway)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Charcoal
  • I'm back!
  • Thank Yous: 7
18 Aug 2014 16:37 - 18 Aug 2014 16:38 #17 by Charcoal (CharcoalCa-Chov)
Replied by Charcoal (CharcoalCa-Chov) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
I witnessed some of the best roleplay thus far at this event. The NPCs this month did a terrific job, and my thanks to the full-timers.

Friday Night NPC Shift:
Jesselle the Torturer. It started out as a very 2D plot; just some torturers with some farmers they planned to put up for ransom. Then they were visited by one of the first wave of Morlins Logistics sent out. After roaming around the Mage's Guild area searching for the Morlins who had "stolen Jesselle's sister and attacked her brother," she became increasingly more insane and was brought to the Inn. Wonderful RP being cured by Tobias, who conducted the finest Major Insanity curing session I've ever witnessed. And what better way to thank him than by pulling him outside, breaking his legs, and sprinting away? Returning to Logistics feeling very proud of myself, I started pulling off Jesselle's garb until I was told that I was being tracked. I'm honestly very happy that Jesselle was brought to justice and got to sing all the way back to jail from where she was caught at I believe Ostcliffe. Hearing stories about "that crazy blonde girl" the next day by the Dragon's Claw bar had me suppressing a smile.

Saturday:

Feast was fun. Somehow none of the wine had ended up in the glasses of those who couldn't defend against poison the first toast, so how could Charcoal know any better for the second toast? Good wine, had a bit of a kick to it.

First arch casting lesson! My favorite lesson to date. It was completely incredible and indescribable exposing Charcoal to the Weavesong. Tobar was a phenomenal teacher and I am happy Charcoal could learn from him before he left for good.

Many, many Bardic lessons! Charcoal has never been so happy to have picked up Teach.

Main Mod. Protecting the healers from a whole crowd of aggressive Morlins and using my first instance of Unbreakable Voice during a particularly drawn out Lyric of Refuge.

After hearing Balfurous's booming voice across the battlefield and the Morlins' shrieks, Charcoal heard the Weave for the second time in her life. After hearing the beautiful harmony of the Weave in a secluded, peaceful location, hearing the cacophony of pain and rage was enough to bring her to her knees in a teary screaming fit.

Leaving the field with Goggins and a dwarf who's name I must have missed. Returning to the Inn to see the bar busier than I had seen it most nights after Main Mod as this month's was particularly depressing. Charcoal forced a 5 Gold piece into the hands of the barkeep and demanded 'a bottle of their strongest, keep the change, I don't want it.' Passing around a bottle outside the Inn with Goggins and the dwarf until Goggins had the brilliant idea to share magic mushrooms with the properties of Saytr's wine. And what a trip that was.

Sunday:

Not needing to explain the effects of Fanfare of the Turning Tide. Everyone knew already, I had used it so much. That would have been nice to know because it would have saved my voice a great deal of strain, but better safe than sorry.

Charcoal being requested to write a song for the people of Travance for the first time. Keavy, among a few others, seemed particularly pleased with the resulting Tiny Hobbit Shield song. I hope to get it cleared to perform during the next Feast I attend.

Spellsongs for alchemists. I think Charcoal has made some very good new friends/business partners.

Tobias's rigged hat. My ability to whistle indefinitely finally came into use, much to the dismay of several nearby townspeople.

Ukulele lessons!

Thanks for the gr8 event!!!

"If two wrongs don't make a right, try three!"

IG: Charcoal Cha'cov
OOG: Sophie Rich
Last edit: 18 Aug 2014 16:38 by Charcoal (CharcoalCa-Chov).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sister Danae (Danae), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
18 Aug 2014 16:38 #18 by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
Replied by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
Take 2:
I want to say THANK YOU, this was my very first LARP, first Moon at KR, and I stilling talking about it (Mike thanks again, you PUMP me up, and thanks for the light!!!)

I really don’t even know where to begin. This has been the single greatest gaming experience of my life. YOU all made that happen. I have never seen so main veteran players assisting newer players in any gaming system. I asked a ton of OOG questions and several more Clarify questions. Everyone was more than accommodating to answer my questions, and even offer much needed advice.

I found that people at KR are even quicker to aid those in need than fans at a Metal Show, which gave me a much needed boost to my faith in people. That alone speaks great volumes for the character of KR as a whole, and is very much the back bone of my first experience.

I saw Personal Holds called when glasses came off, when people needed a hand up, to return an item, and to let people asked questions, warn of a tree limb or a rock behind them, an OOG dead NPC help a fallen Hero out of the Main Mod battle to get some water, and sit down. I also saw VERY Evil Character call a hold, asked if the new player was okay, helped her up, and OOG said,” I am a nice guy OOG, but I am Evil IG”, let HER call the Lay On, and he begin to say really evil things and attack her again, all in a single moment. (Yes Kane, I am referring to you.)

The flip side, during Main Mod a player was very into his role and was striking too hard, he was intense and RPing very well. I later found out more. He was asked to sit down, drink water, and was spoken to in a professional manner. On this note, I was told, he posted a heartfelt and meaningful apology to the other player. I was blown away by the communication, the response, and the professionalism of not just the KR staff, but the players as well. All of YOU make this possible.

I have a Character Background Pending, but I tried to build off of OOG friends, and the History I found of Travance. I thought I had a clear idea of who and what I wanted my PC to be. Let me tell you, I learned THAT day! I let the game shape my PC, and discovered so much about myself all because of YOU. I met many great PCs; Goggins YOU Sir, are simply awesome, Wulfgar, Shamus, and so many others.

I saw a NPC mod of Zombie Gypsy Caravans THAT was just great to see people’s reactions to it, and of course during Main Mod, when the families were slain for the failure to produce the correct Gem.

I had several ideas during my experience, some props, a skill, and ideas in general. I was so surprised to see the support I got. I got so much feedback, so ideas were added to, built on, and when one wouldn’t work, other suggestions were given. I was even informed how to get some of them started.

I can write a small novel on my PC’s first arrival to the land, but this is about My Highlights, and YOU all were my highlights. I feel like a new piece in a well maintained machine that fell right into place.

-Argyll McCoy (Dougan, F.)

P.S. If for any reason you should have any need to contact me PM me and I will give you my Cell Phone Number and can be contacted on Facebook under Forest Dougan. I shall try my best to attend next month, until then have a nice day.

Del Dragon, Argyle
(OOC: Forest Dougan)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sister Danae (Danae), Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet), JTinney (Swordsaint), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Nick C
  • “Stones of Farspeech? You mean the Rocky Talkys?!”
  • Thank Yous: 16
18 Aug 2014 17:21 #19 by Nick C (kingofwhateverr)
Replied by Nick C (kingofwhateverr) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
This was my first event at kr and any kind of LARP and I enjoyed it immensely. A. McCoy said almost everything I was thinking of kr as a whole.

PCing:
The new player stroll through the lands in the pitch black dark was fun and terrifying and was a good intro to combat and the game system. As a new player, I was fortunate enough to show up to the event in which every npc had at least one gem on them at all times. So I walked away with quite a bit of gold for a new player. I also had a good time with rp my character getting caught and being put into the stocks for thieving. The stocks were fun until I was stabbed with a sword in quite an uncomfortable place and was given poison ivy and no way to itch it.

NPCing:
I had a good time NPCing main mod and beating people within inches of their lives and them completely grinding me to morlen dust. I also enjoyed the full time npc, who I ended up calling happy girl, run up to the story marshal and say in the happiest of voices while jumping up and down bit, "I'm a dead morlord, can I respawn?!?!?!?"
I also with loved my hour of my shift with her and the rest of the fun-dead group and our terrifying as anything I've seen Ig or OoG, ghoul.
Last but not least, my final hour of my shift with the undead gypsy ghouls and a singing wraith. While attacking allisandria, our wraith was taken control of and nothing we could do could kill him and he was killing us left and right, until we realized our major faux pas, necromancy heals undead and we can't be killed or kill him. So after beating our wraith a bit more, our greater skeleton was taken over and we all were killed and moved on.

Thanks for the best weekend I've had in such a long time,
Haddle, the sticky-fingered and always hungry halfling

“WATER IN THE FOUNTAIN IS TURNING THE FRIGGIN FROGS SACRELIGIOUS”

OoG: Nick C
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sister Danae (Danae), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), GinGinny GinRum (Pyai), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933), Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
18 Aug 2014 18:16 #20 by Kliest Laederich (Kliest)
Replied by Kliest Laederich (Kliest) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
Second time to KR, and I enjoyed it immensely. A huge thank you to all the staff and players who are so welcoming and helpful to new players. It makes a tremendous impression and I look forward to coming back.

Some personal highlights for me consisted of Duncan, Argyll, a new Healer, and myself accidentally stalking the new player mod from the shadows on Friday night, then helping out in it. Also, seeing Highland justice carried out was, well, interesting to say the least. You crazy Celt bastards. Love it. Great RP from all those involved.

Saturday's Guard training was a great experience, Grim had a great scolding to the guard for what happened on Friday night. NPCing during Main Mod was a blast, then roaming the grounds afterwards as a group of zombies. Fellow monsters, you guys are a ton of fun to go out with. I loved my shifts, I cant wait to do more. Putting on my own makeup for the first time was a little tricky.

Sunday's sitting and talking outside the Armory with Duncan and Imrahil before being set upon by rats. Lots of rats. Seriously, that was a lot of rats. This encounter provided a memorable quote:
Duncan: "Its climbed the tree! Someone get me a bow."
Myself: "No need, I got this Sergeant!" *climb* *smack* "Got 'em!"

Thanks again to everyone for a wonderful, if exhausting, weekend.

-Kliest Laederich,
Executive Officer, Blood Spirits
OOG: Charlie Emslie
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Narcis (ChrisR), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
18 Aug 2014 19:10 #21 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
I've been [strike]James' slave[/strike] playing this game for 10 years as of this event.

Will post more in 10 more years.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damien (Damien), Tsoli (Tsoli), Belegchand (mcalo), Laura (Laura), Narcis (ChrisR), Herrister G.D. Reynolds (steaknbits), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
  • Jorik
  • Thank Yous: 45
18 Aug 2014 19:25 - 18 Aug 2014 23:52 #22 by Jorik (rjvanscoten)
Replied by Jorik (rjvanscoten) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
Where to begin:
This was a rather low key event for me. Not that it was a bad thing.
-interacting with people at the bar, doing guard business. Killing things. The usual saturday night fare. Stopped by the discussion between Haroldson, and the other light clergy to make sure things did not get out of hand.
-Sat morning Guard meeting. Getting scolded for vigilantism. Jorik was disappointed he had not taken part. It was great to see all of the new recruits for the guard. We are truly growing. Combat drill was also a cool thing.
-Started my first master warrior lesson. Thanks alot for the lesson Charlie!
-Also had a lesson for picking up bounty hunter from Grim. Really enjoyed the lesson on how to go about that.
-Ended up rolling my ankle, having to wear a green headband. It is really a bummer being a combat guy and having to watch everyone else engage in combat. I did get to pull down people from the front lines at main mod and carry them back to the healers.
-Sunday morning NPC shift: went out as a merchant for most of the shift. Then got to go out with my brother as a pair of thieves pickpocketing the crowd. We ended up getting caught, but not before a large amount of Gems were cut pursed. The ensuing investigation led by sir Pluvious was very entertaining. I'm really glad I got to be a part of it.

On an OOG level I must say that I love my KR family. I landed a sweet job and I'm moving to Charlotte, NC in september. I'm sad that I won't be able to come every month like I've been, but I am determined to come every two or three months. You guys make this whole thing an awesome thing to be a part of. My brother will still be attending every month when he is able to get a ride. I gotta say that it is awesome knowing that he will be able to come by himself, and still be looked after by an awesome group of people. You guys are the best.
-Jeremiah

P.S Please don't post anything on Facebook about the move. My wife's work is as of yet unaware of the move, and we want to break that news to people in our own way. Thanks!

Jorik Wulfsbane
Man of the North
Private of the Baronial Guard
Vassal to Pendarvin
OOG: Jeremiah V.
Last edit: 18 Aug 2014 23:52 by Jorik (rjvanscoten). Reason: Needed to add something about the move
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
18 Aug 2014 20:15 #23 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
Another month come and gone… And two more players from our local group introduced to our KR family. They are definitely hooked and I have you guys to thank!

I know there is stuff missed in the below... but this was a very odd month for many things so here's what is rattling around in my brain.

Friday Highlights!!
The entry of another Highlands Black Watch into game- this one more out there than I… and his immediate acceptance. More than once there was conversations like the following…
To me” Are you his dad?”
To my friend - “Are you his son?”
To both of us- “Are you two brothers?”
Cracked both of us up… and made for some funny photos later that Kyle Ober took.
The Entire Zatar Kane thing… go from being threatened at the Armory by him and minions… to hearing of his being bitten by a lycanthrope and curing by Illana (who was upset when she realized/learned WHO she helped…) to the knight-sanctioned take down at the inn and Deliverance of Highlands Justice.

Some excellent RP there throughout and the physical RP/barfight was spectacular until we got told take it outside- then it went even more nutz.… with like almost every celt on camp there. The only part of the highland justice not delivered was making a Highlands Wind Chime... but that might have been overboard.

The being yelled at for wrong behavior afterward…. About what was expected. Laws are difficult when matters of honor are concerned… and the one yelling about that- was no better during Main mod (irony, that)

Saturday!
Morning fighting… what else is a better way to get the blood going?
A morning Baptism….. and Duncan is no longer among the Un-Washed. Brazen is the patron and the reasons for it are sound.
Emerald Coven meeting- good RP and excellent discussion on directions to go.
A pc mugged on the road and some he said/she said, an observation resulting in an upset satyr(?)… which in turn leads to some very VtM-like political shitstorm scene in front of the Count his Castellan and Lady Blackthorne (MB- you’d make a very good Ventrue) and an OOG “Are you ok?” from no less than three people when they saw my face afterward.
Some very excellent RP in a quiet discussion with Oren afterward and then with Sir Victor later that afternoon… and a feeling of the right decision being made as to how to proceed. The rest is out of my IC hands.
Dinner- I was not at feast for reasons decided at end of last moon… and somehow appropriate, considering what occurred.

MAIN MOD!
I was the Safety Member on Duty for Main…. And no- I did not have anything to do with their tactics for this….
Thankfully, no injuries happened during mod which pleased me a lot. In watching everything going on, I learned a lot on how some things worked and was able to help Mod Boss Mike Smith with ensuring NPC’s knew where they were going and what they needed to do when. A large amount of fun for me on many levels…
Being able to help Monster Marshalls after the very short Main Mod as I waited for injuries (which none happened!) was awesome. The running Thieves with a Squire’s Sword and a Druid’s Shield… was fun to ref and watch happen.
The NPC monster that jumped at me on the road… was well hidden. I make an IC living finding stuff like him and to have missed him was embarrassing. Admittedly, I was not IC at the time so not as hyper-alert but still…

Post main-
Fun conversations both IC and OOC with those I brought up to event and with a veteran player visiting the armory… a good wind down to a long day.

SUNDAY!
Training of First Aid skills, Training of Ranger Skills and helping with the teaching of Shield and as Kleist mentioned, the fight against rats at the armory.
The quote/scene Kleist speaks of? True story, no bullshit. It was immensely funny both IC and OOC. Even the NPCs were laughing.

After everything was done for the day and we packed for home, the four exhausted players in the car could do nothing but talk on events of the weekend and on how much overall fun was had.

Next month looks to have even more of my local group coming- all told, somewhere between 8 to 12 players. Can’t beat that with a stick….

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sister Danae (Danae), Damien (Damien), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
18 Aug 2014 21:30 #24 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
Surprise vacation with Belegchand and Danny!

OOG: Zelda Turqman
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tim P (OrganicGolem), Belegchand (mcalo), Laura (Laura), Caelvan (Caelvan), Annora (Karen), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Gabriel Chance
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The guy who does the things
  • Thank Yous: 265
18 Aug 2014 22:15 #25 by Gabriel Chance (Kiellor)
Replied by Gabriel Chance (Kiellor) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
I've been playing for 12 years Storos...Fight me!

Seriously Heroic Racketeer...YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW.

Heroic Ronin...Matt Calo is the man

The rest of the event was kind of a blur because I really reallly reallllly love running those Heroic Mods and they're the absolute highlight of my event to make you guys have a great time.

Gabriel Chance
High Arcanist of Drega'mire
Binder of the Vestige Argolarium the Bound King

OOG:Drew Benton
Officer
Story Teller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Lina Marinescu (Ismaesumi), Belegchand (mcalo), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Laura (Laura), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Trisana
  • Thank Yous: 34
18 Aug 2014 23:54 #26 by Trisana (Trisana)
Replied by Trisana (Trisana) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
I actually had an exceptional event, though you wouldn't guess it from how much time Tris spent crying Saturday and Sunday. It all came down to some fantastic RP, especially with Thalia, Typhon, and Gideon. Thanks, you guys!

A lot of my highlights are actually really strange, since they're kind of tragic for Tris, but I loved them because they made so much RP happen.

-Having my totem illustrated by a total stranger to Tris, despite how little she wants to talk about what her totem is
-Taking notes at Chronicler mass for all of Kaladonia because Gideon overheard that I planned on going (and actually getting listened to when it came down to sharing my notes)
-Finding a morlock that had killed itself when it felt its family die, and trudging around the battlefield looking for a Galladellian priest to give last rights, then crying on and off for hours every time it came up (or every time someone asked if I was okay) because Tris was not emotionally prepared for this sort of thing
-Teaching Gideon Lore:Forest on Sunday morning and finding a toad in the clearing where I was teaching, and using it to help teach
-That toad was too cute to be just one highlight
-Meditating Sunday morning; opening my eyes just in time to see across the field Clytie's arm pop out of a teapot and smack the person holding it (I'm very happy I was just within range to hear May's description of what happened; I wasn't even trying to listen, I just happened to hear it)
-Last but not least, silly OOG impersonations of Grim in the kitchen when Bill left his helm in there after main mod

I won't be able to make September, but here's to hoping October will be just as enjoyable!

Dame Trisana Moss
The Claw of Kaladonia
Viceroy of Kaladonia
First Mate of the Seahawk
[hr]
OOG:
Jen C.
Marshal, Card Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Imrahil
  • I hear, and I forget; I see, and I remember; I do, and I understand.
  • Thank Yous: 216
19 Aug 2014 14:28 #27 by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
Replied by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
Another month where kudos have to be given to new, enthusiastic players and npc's!

Another Friday of being distracted from planned events. Pleasant shenanigans!
Caldor introducing the first student Imrahil will teach more than one technique!
Lot's of subtle rp sessions. Aldric and Thalia get some serious points on theirs.
Finally being a link in the bringing a plot point to light!
Not sure exactly where I jumped from 10 second duration displacement meatshield to able to handle a few combatants at once.
Zathir - "I don't know what this is, but I'm consecrating it."

Saturday started slow and climbed to a boil through the day.
Training drills and roster updating at the barracks.
Became a lesson for a new-to-Travance thief in the importance of subtlety.
OOG information shared by a new player asking a guard for escort showing I just got duped... Nicely done Zatar!
Nice little micro-scale interaction with Leslie's new character. I don't get too many of those.
Training with Quan Liu, Gilthu, and Raxas.
Feast prep crew - respek knuckles. That was the smoothest going feast I've been on. Abby gets a special shout for facilitating the communications between the kitchen and the servers.
And no, nobody in the kitchen poisoned the toast!
I've never been so busy on main mod. Between beating back encroachment, seeing people to healing, confining the dominated, retrieving weapons, and assuming flanking positions, I was kept on my toes.
Taking a refugee Morlock into protective custody
Trying to ease Typhon's pensiveness.
Introducing myself among the rangers.
General pre-bed shenanigans.

Awakened to calls of "Help!" Actually able to do something about it. Unfortunately nobody around who could communicate with the hungry spiders...
Ratperson attack at the barracks. Apparently they didn't seek a peaceful resolution.
First ranger lesson; careful, you won't get away from Imrahil so easily now!
A second lesson to the same player over the weekend, and some good rp with it delivers my first dedicated student!
The gem thief encounter.
Master warrior lesson from Grimkjell proves to be nothing I, nor Imrahil would have ever expected! Asked for a little clarity, and Grim stayed stoically cryptic. Great consideration of target, Bill! Still noodling it now. My MW teachers so far have done a good job of challenging Imrahil's mindset.

I'll miss you folks in September, but should see anyone who makes it to the FFF!

Imrahil

-Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

(Amos Oberjonois - Trapper and Spirit Speaker)

OOG - Brendan Barrett
Kitchen marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Swyft (agentswift), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Templar Aldric (Selrik), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Kleidin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 152
19 Aug 2014 19:35 #28 by Kleidin (Kleidin)
Replied by Kleidin (Kleidin) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
Friday:
using my ShatenJaeger teir 2 power for the first time on the body of one of the demonic Psionic invaders. Can't be a scholar, but can help this way. Differentiating the demon blooded from the merely dominated.

the long conversation with the captured non-demonic invader. Having 3 different people use mind control severing abilities to break the domination on the man.Learning a lot of intel regarding their people, the situation regarding to the families in their community being used as leverage, and their abilities. Offering a safe place to stay (jail), and him accepting.
Taught Marika witch hunter stuff - with fresh examples to help. I loved teaching the info gathering skills.
The demonic ones - killed a few.

Saturday - up after 2 hours in bed, at 5:20 am to get to Grove for dawn meeting. A lot of philsophical discussions and finger waving, but some really good RP regarding ideology in regards to serving Arawyn. Trying to keep neutral, but hating the situation. Hopefully, Kleidin's experience and motivations helped others understand their own.
Discovered the fate of Lord Hellock of Oscliff, and how serious the situation had become in that land

returned to Inn by 815, and too awake to go back to sleep, so helped a bit in kitchen, and had a few conversations in the inn. Asking around to see who would be willing to help Oscliff - how generous people could be. Suggested asking Alasandria for seed grain, their immediate offering of aid.

Baking contest!!!

Pendarvin/Kaladonia BBQ w/leftover tiramisu! mini Nobles meeting led by Sir Victer, and having to walk away due to Lord Hellocks fate still frsh in Kleidin's mind.

Msin mod was fun. Flew in as an Eagle (well I fell due to the uneven ground and minorly sprained both ankles, but got pulled back to my feet, and was able to continue) Went right to Phokus/ritual as we were told it needed to be protected. Illana and Kleidin immediately Posi barriered the ritual. Others joined. basic fighting until the Balfurious murder tantrum.
Mpre great RP.
More suggestions during big meeting with reps from invaders.

Sunday - all the Master lessons! 10 AM smackdown. Ended as I expected.

Lady Kleidin du Tenkukai Weaveforger Laurent-Belmont of Kaladonia
Master Witch Hunter, and Elder Druid
OOG: Diane Sodher
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
19 Aug 2014 22:17 #29 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
Highlights:

All of the Politics. ALL of them.

Waking up at 5:30 for the duel isn't quite a highlight, but the resulting RP was worth it.

Druid Training. "OK, does this discussion count as my Druid lesson?" "YES!"

Lore: Forest with Tris. Complete with OOG toad mid-lesson.

Walking past a fight on the porch of the Inn on my way somewhere. Pausing, and realizing I just walked past an Undead. Killing it in one shot while its back was turned to me.

Saturday day - more Undead. Unloaded most of Master Warrior (2 purchases) on them. Gideon's thought as the dust settled: "Man, did I need that."

"Hello... William." "Corsair." "Not playing the game any more?" "Nah..."

Kaladarvin cookout. ALWAYS a good time. Norm's turn to master the infamous Grill of Pendarvin...

Gideon issues a Battle Cry. Five minutes later, feels like half the town shows up. "We heard you yell, which meant it was serious."

Post-Game cleanup. Since I was staying late for Mal's wedding, I took my time packing and cleaning, and it was... nice.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
19 Aug 2014 23:37 #30 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic August 2014 Highlights!
This event was awesome. It made me think, it made me get mad, and it was a lot fun.

I came in at 10 in the morning to get telepathed by Morlins and dominated. All you morlins are jerks. You all just went up to me and took all my gems, especially the ones I cared about, and made me also go ragey the next time I saw you.

Kanas is not good at negotiating. It's kind of hard to negotiate when your enemies search through your mind for your personal weaknesses then exploit them. Also the whole rage thing.

I taught the newer people that we are not mercenaries. We are heroes. We do our work because it is the right thing to do. To all the people that did not get paid because of my actions drinks are on me, or the Pretty dragoon because I have no money.

Break limb is too much fun to use.

The feast was delicious. The poisoned wine was not. I had to spend ten minutes of my time telling a dwarf not to drink the poison wine, and every time he fell, healing him then telling him what he did wrong. Didn't I just explain that the wine was poisoned?

Main mod really got me thinking, especially when Balfurous did his whole "you have failed me" evil villain monologue. It was brief, but intense. It made me wonder "did we win, and at what cost?"

NPC shift was awesome. Helping with the Rogue's guild mod as Prospero the merchant was great. Lord Wellington Wellington the 14th of House Wellington made the mod. I now wonder what the guild is going to do with the Grandfather clock and the cat they stole. Also Arthur is really adorable and I need to see him more often. Then NPCed as one of the Ogres in the Ogre building moving company. I was the one who was kind of shunned by the other ogres, but made the most sensible decisions. People need to listen to Milton more.

I woke up to rumors of a group of Ogres that are going to move the Mages guild to either the bottom of the lake or Alok Malagan. News travels fast.

Tiny Hobbit Shield and screwing around with Clove. Best way to spend a sunday.

Ended my time in the proper with helping Sir Pluvious with a thief and learning Intimidate, which is going to be so much fun to rp and do.

A+ event! I can't wait for the next one!

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Kleidin (Kleidin), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.821 seconds