December 2015 highlights

• JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
06 Dec 2015 21:31 - 06 Dec 2015 21:36 #1 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
December 2015 highlights was created by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Wow.

Just Wow.

Going into this event, it was expected to be a very rough one, with lots of fighting and perhaps dying. What was NOT expected… what essentially became a LARP equivalent of a 3 Day Field Problem on Scouting, Evade and Escape tactics.

I haven’t had to do Combat Sleep patterns in a long time… nor have I had to sleep in boots in some time and no its not a complaint- its an observation. I had often heard about the bad old days and this event had many similarities to what I’ve heard.

Suffice it to say, I am exhausted from the forced activity… and I’m glad for it.

Highlights for me-
… Running and dodging the Null on Friday. Knowing how to move and hide in the dark served me and those I was with well.
… Morning activity on Saturday and the revelation about the Focus…
… Fighting the Count and Aleister Husks.
… Getting killed by Aleister Husk and focus-walking due to slow Travance response time. First death was gonna happen sooner or later but considering it took 30 months to happen, I’m fine with that. Now if I can manage another 30 months… ;)
… attempt to engage Count-husk in Hand2Hand. It failed…. But I had to try. Worth it. 
… The Guarding of Exits during Feast. The possible execution threat scene and the speeches were very interesting for the most part, with Wormwod(!!!!) having the best request for leniency for Indigo.
… Speaking of Wormwood, working with him during the Saturday Night activities… and getting respect from one such as he.
… Blood Spirits showing what they do, can do and how well they operate. Some very impressed folks for sure.
… “Who Gave You Permission, Enaxian? WHO GAVE YOU PERMISSION?”
… My first and second times bringing someone through the focus and the chiseling of a new body. Both times, I was the only healer/priest available anywhere. Right time, right place.
… Finally getting to take off my boots… Come to think of it, that might be the biggest highlight of the weekend, period.

Next month is going to be very, very interesting. For those who missed this event, I am thinking there is going to be some serious regret.

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
Last edit: 06 Dec 2015 21:36 by JTinney (Swordsaint).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Alex (Wormwood), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample), Fenri Kantaris (Miked), Mantel (sigma-j)
06 Dec 2015 22:24 - 07 Dec 2015 06:43 #2 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic December 2015 highlights
Biggest Highlight: My totem pouch was lost in the woods. I was sure it was gone forever. I woke up Sunday morning, and someone had found it and brought it into my room. I have no idea who you are, or how you found it, but thank you.

Natural Transposition for the Win!!!!

Pluvious considers Caldor a brother!
Billiam Respects Caldor!!!

I have a FROG POUCH.

Huge existential crisis for some = extreme confirmation of faith for Caldor.

Feast so goooood.

So many close calls with death. I was picked up quite a few times. I got more use out of Gift of Life and Restoring light than ANYTHING else. I did enjoy time alone in the woods with Wife constantly splitting up and gathering together and saving eachother.

Most hilarious conversation with Jonas. This new kitchen sucks. The coffee isn't as good. The cups are too small. The ale is watered down, and the decorations are terrible.

A little frustrated Saturday night during main mod based on some logistical things. Lost my temper. Sorry if I lost it on anyone and/or hurt anyone's immersion because of it.

Druid leader selection was fun. I know it seems odd to do this as the world is ending, but man... we needed the political stuff to end.

Also, Dimitri gave a speech that was movie worthy both on content and performance. Absolutely A+ moment.

Pride moment: Gideon realizing the best way to teach Caldor Spell Holding is with analogies to Sex. ... (edit: kept entirely PG, Thank you)

Had fun teaching, even if it did make us leave really late....

Halfway down White Lake road, we realize we forgot our knives/mixer. Went back.
At the McDonalds, we realized I left my coat, had to go back.
While TYPING this, I realize I left Sanuks (shoes) in the kitchen or cooks cabin. DAMNIT.

Will be more later, but this is it for now.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
Last edit: 07 Dec 2015 06:43 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sindarion (Steven SA), Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample), Fenri Kantaris (Miked), Mantel (sigma-j)
06 Dec 2015 23:28 - 09 Dec 2015 07:42 #3 by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
Replied by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample) on topic December 2015 highlights
Chenjing has never, ever been more a swirl of negative emotions in his life.

Friday was a blur, and all runs together.
Going to fight ancestral patriarch. Seeing ancestral patriarch bleeding heavily. Seeing the things that attacked Telligrim, obliterating (word choice intentional!) Corsair. Running. Running. Running. Running. Running. Running. Losing sight of His Excellency. Losing sight of the Seneschal. Running. Running. Hiding with Pluvious. Running. Running. Running. Telling Pluvious and Birgitta that we NEED to get people to the Cairn. Hiding in the Cairn. Taking a solid quarter of the town into the Cairn. Running. Running. Running. Running. Running. Medical hold. Helping ensure hydration and warmth. Watch shift with Meander.

Thread got away from me, so I'll post the rest in a new one.

[hr]

OOG: DJ (She/her)
Last edit: 09 Dec 2015 07:42 by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Aria (Aria), Fenri Kantaris (Miked), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
07 Dec 2015 02:36 #4 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic December 2015 highlights
One of my main highlights happened late Saturday night in Logistics, when I was resting after a quick mod and two RP Marshals walked up to the counter. They each wanted large stacks of Role-playing Points because of all of the "exceptional role-playing" they witnessed. I can certainly vouch for that.

Arriving late, I walk into town a little after 1:00 a.m. and realize the whole town is nowhere to be found. Sten gives me a few details about the glowing orbs and that no one is quite sure what's going on. The Inn being a ghost town, was something else.

Heading up the path to Kaladonia, I managed to find a couple people and tried to get more answers. Our chat was interrupted by a loud scream (die loudly, folks!). I take a few steps back down the path before eyeing the rest of them to see if they were coming along and wondering aloud why they were going in the opposite direction. One of them scolded me, saying if I wanted to die, go right ahead. After waiting for a moment, I ran down and found Dorwick standing over Sindarion, who was bleeding profusely.

Dorwick carried Sindarion and I sang Requiem for the Dead for the second time ever (it's a spellsong that halts the death count as long as I continue to sing) until we found Dr. Ashby in the Pendarvin statehouse. As soon as she woke Sindarion up after treating him, he burst out laughing. You're a nut, Steve, and I love ya!

Unfortunately, the rest of the night, I wasn't so lucky. A few times I arrived a minute or two too late. Other times, I was lying on the ground myself, hoping someone would find me. Twice, in the process of shuttling everyone else out of the Inn, I was downed in the hallway to the downstairs bathroom, which considering the usual foot traffic, wasn't the worst spot.

Saturday night, I stayed up a majority of the night, but fell asleep at the table inside the Barracks around 4:00 a.m., waking up little more than an hour later when Argyle stormed inside shouting something about hunting a man.

On Saturday afternoon, there were two quarreling visitors--a husband and wife--and I didn't know the entirety of what it was they were arguing about. I ended up learning the hard way that Forgiveness takes time (capitalized on purpose).

Jason P. leaned over and said I was the "worst couples' counselor ever" and I fell over laughing and rolled halfway down the hill.

Thankfully, I redeemed myself Sunday morning. Heather, you were great! Keep it up!

The Baronial Beard. It was a great fit for our wartime Baron.

My new coat keeping me warm and having the opportunity to offer it to other people as well.

Feast was delicious, Ree--I'm sure the pie was as well!

Participating in Cyndra's lesson and seeing a side of her that I'd never seen before and I'm not sure I want to again.

Tari/Stacey's stubbornness. <3

Trent's singing lesson, where we first needed to find a quiet place to get loud. It was fun and helpful and hopefully we'll get to sing together soon!

Using Oren's sword to create a gate and shoving Grim through it for reasons of maleficarum. Grim, Fenri, and myself proceeding to run until our lungs and knees gave out. We made it to Winterdark and sat down inside, panting.

Taking bottles of water from the bar in Valdalis and passing them around to everyone.

Sitting down with Sir Pluvious and having an all-too-serious chat. When he noted as much toward the end of our chat, I said, "You're right. We need a little sunshine and hope and--"

I looked out the window and noticed Swyft on the smoker's porch.

"Swyft! Perfect!"

Renee, thank you for being a good sport for our wise-assery.

Speaking of the latter, when I arrived at the Pendarvin Library for its dedication, only Amizar was present. Instead, Amizar suggested inducting Kyle O. into the Travancian Search for Truth. Good god, Paul, you were in rare form.

Thank you very much to all the storytellers involved in the plot. The tension and drama was perfect.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Aria (Aria), Swyft (agentswift), Fenri Kantaris (Miked), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
07 Dec 2015 04:28 #5 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic December 2015 highlights
This event was great!!!

-Making the right connections

-Talks with Silverbow

-Making gold

-Meeting new friends

-Picking on Nalick

-Being the boss for a Paladin test

-Talks with Magnus

Til next time guys

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample), Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
  • Angry
  • Thank Yous: 131
07 Dec 2015 06:24 #6 by Angry (Angryman86)
Replied by Angry (Angryman86) on topic December 2015 highlights
Feeling useful helping get everyone ready for war.

Hiding like a boss.

Watching multiple groups walk past. (most of them NPC's)

Getting cold.

Unknowingly saving 3 people when I saw the opportunity. Being thanked by Tobias for said saving.

Surgical Assistant Angrin...may lead to a smith fixing bodies (with a hammer of course).

Carrying bodies everywhere to get healed from the powerhouse husk fight.

Preparing more equipment.

Finishing a physrep bracelet.

Main mod- playing an actual scared peasant. rescued by the nice lady (kevy) and the mean man(wormwood), the fear we tried to emulate when a very beaten and bruised Wolfgar arrived in the manor house.

Now to get the pieces back together. someone get the superglue

Father Angrin McCoy, Baronial Quartermaster
07 Dec 2015 08:01 #7 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic December 2015 highlights
OMG Im so proud of my team. Team Blood Spirits for the survival of the Town. Im so glad I saw some of this coming a year ago...

From friday night hide and seek games keeping people moving hydrated safe using the back 40 still on the major pathways to dropping into a fitfull worried two and a galf hours if sleep. None of you left the blue dragoons exhausted mind.

Move to live. Live to move. Pain recalls you are alive. Keep together keep quiet. Do not laugh. Please for the love of the gods be ok. All on Friday.

Headcount after headcount. The Cairn sacrifice. I took out all the personal stops on that one getting there before it got hit, knowing the Cairn would be a target. I targeted the most destructive clear of color dragon i knew... Because sometimes you have to fight fire with fire. Finding out later that race was the first race created to form the world and how they changed later becoming stronger, gives me some hope.

'Soli im sorry. If you dont feel right doing this then go! Go!! I got this.' As he leaves. 'Just stay safe and come back. Gods damn it come back to us.' That summed up every time i sent A Blood Spirit or ally off on a mission. And i did it far more than i ever have before.

The shock of Sebastian and Alister. Itching power James... Hit ftom over 20 ft away and suddenly im handed 4 more with cards and physreps.

Watching for any signs of my friends still in There and realizing they were either so snuffed not to be seen or they were truly gone. So try for the dragon. Cairn stone with two of the oldest running PCs red and blue blood with the ancient glyph on a heart stone from the blue side if the cairn. James if I see him again... You have accepted my physical role play. Im coming for you.

The devistated Birgitta that came after. The town finally brought her to crying tears. Even the loss of so many of her adopteds had only tears because they were doing their jobs at the time and many became ascended. This was a true cry. Poor Donny didnt know what to do but figured out the core. Very astute my love well done. Then comes the Baron... Who just... Wow. Im tearing up writing this.

Ok... A few minutes later I got this. Ive never had to take a break from writing highlights before. Weird how characters can hit you in the emotions so hard. If this were a book it would have been thrown across the room.

Getting it up under control and going back out. Scaring the shit out of some poor PCs who thought Birgitta had been taken to. No im fine...really its me. Its ok.

Ok, I thought as I walked on... That what we need to have happen for things to be just ok. Survive at all costs. If Travance falls into becoming husks the world will have to deal with all those here as husks like the Boss and Alistair. That can't happen.

Ops reports check ins coordination three sets going to the Keep of the Dragon Telegrim. I knowing ours was the far off shot and getting something more useful and valuable out of it and leaving a calling card behind. The enemy of my enemy is my ally and a bleeding black dragon is a serious ally... If he can be swung in with the Diamond clear, the former Black so be it.

We need all the help we can get.

And if the dragons created the world to make it habitable...they can recreate it the same way.

Were gonna need them.

So the field trip I swore 15 years ago Id never make, happened. James and Steve ran it. First time ever for a personal scene with PCs i never thought Id be running with.... Awesome.

Black flakes ='scry find and discuss.

Feast Lamb! How ironic and beautiful. Standing the guard during.

Warlord plans being enacted...I know I set... Just...Wow. Ok watch post on relay listening coordinating reports to the right people places counting successful mission results and cursing those lost and cheering those brought back.

Exhausted cold. I hate my body weakness. Damn my cold disease issues.

Young upstart of a guard.... Lol. Run. You were my PCs darker amusement. Love it.

Taking tail of the line making sure everyone got up to Validus. Even the other old man dragoon.

More reports. The great reveal...a lot of which I suspected. But outer space greater beings... Not so much. The reason for the ascension war... Yeah knew that.

'I LOVE THIS TOWN! What was that about? I dont know.' A concerned look between the two and i get a sly smile on my face as I walk by.

Oh yeah VIM speaks! That was a shock.

Back on it. My dear dear Chenging. You have no right. And you earned the wrath of Momma Blue Birgitta.

I just realized in this game so few really know how the hard ass feels... And how much she feels.

When the Baronial set guard didn't get up I went directly back into guardian sleep mode hearing those that came in much later and waking at first silver light of predawn and later getting up at golden dawn. Exhausted and finding the feet that finally came out of boots had swollen to the point my toes didn't touch the floor. I regret nothing.

I regret nothing. No Thing.

Bows to the assembly. Much respect to you all. My love for this game its people its characters background story and staff grows anew. James is the Stephen R. Donaldson of LARP. Only the bravest writers will destroy a well loved world and build something greater and different but rooted in the old in its place. The next three years...i can't wait... But my feet can.

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kardin (Ben), Fenri Kantaris (Miked), Mantel (sigma-j)
07 Dec 2015 09:02 #8 by Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
Replied by Fenri Kantaris (Miked) on topic December 2015 highlights
The most surprising part of the whole event was the fact that I did not lose a life tag. I was fully expecting to do so, even purposefully taking the first NPC shift so that I would be around during the mayhem that would be main mod.
That was the FIRST lucky thing that happened to me.

Walking downstairs with my new staff and having everyone LOSE THEIR MINDS, but not in the way that I was expecting, that's when Fenri found out what was going on, so I didn't get to show off my staff as much, but I had a few points where some friends dragged people over to me just so I could show it to them. ALSO HAVING MARSHALS APPROVE THE NEW HEAD OF THE STAFF WAS A FREAKIN' JOY AND A HALF!

Becoming vassaled in to Pendarvin was a very fun experience, showing up 15-20 minutes late to the meeting later that night because I wanted to "just rest my feet.......ah, let me just rest my eyes too..............HOW LONG WAS I OUT FOR? DOES ANYONE HAVE THE BELLS?! FORGET IT!" Running straight from the inn to Pendarvin was the FIRST time I ran full speed this weekend. (I should mention I was also completely alone and it was dark out, which I didn't realize until I was actually outside)

Feast was amazing, never ate so many cheesy potatoes in one sitting before.

Main mod.....
Watching Talia migrating the healers, all of us mostly low level, to their respective groups, pairing the really new ones with the not-so-new ones and the CHAOS that ensued right after it started.
Falling back, trying my best to remain with my group in the darkness....making it to Winterdark only to be picked for what I'm calling a "special mission" from Sir Pluvious because I've been attuned to the Phokus. No other information other than "go inside" which turned in to "go outside with the wardens" ........ wait, that was plural.
WAIT I THINK I KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING
WE'RE GOING TO REMOVE THE PHOKUS CRYSTAL?

Confirmed.

No gate to the inside of the barracks. Having enough distractions to get me inside the barracks with Lord Silverbow. Sitting down with Talia and going over the plan, there was a gate back to the inn available...for three people.

*Super seriously important thing happened to me here. This is when I realized I finally have a disconnect from my "realities" - Mike did not exist, my life outside of KR was nowhere in my mind, I finally hit that moment where, looking back, I was truly Fenri.*

I said I would stay behind, provide any necessary distraction to keep them safe, to keep anything away from them as they prepared and gated.
If my life can save Travance, then I will gladly give it.

RIGHT THERE, THAT EXACT MOMENT, THE FIRST TIME I HAD TO HOLD BACK TEARS AT KR.

And then we had ANOTHER gate back to the inn....
This is the SECOND lucky thing that happened to me this weekend because I was able to be a part of that group.

Practically nonstop running, hiding, doubling back, running more, looking for anything glowing OH NO THAT'S THE ORANGE ONE, ANOTHER ROUTE, ANOTHER ROUTE, ANOTHER ROUTE.

Having to use the only deflect I had to avoid an instant incapacitate along the road but overall, being faster than those NPC’s (or, they gave up chasing us, I want to hope that I was actually just faster)

Reunion with Thalion and Talia on the road. Oh crap, the entire time since I left the Barracks, I was running with two staves (I had grabbed May's on the way out)

Creed bringing me the best Pork Roll Egg & Cheese sandwich of my life at probably 2AM right before I fall asleep.

This event made me shatter that barrier where I was completely lost in the LARP experience and it's like a sweet, sweet drug that I want more of.

Throughout the events I feel that I've gone through a transformation.

First event, September: Sitting in my house as a child, behind a closed curtain, hearing the other kids in the neighbothood make screams of joy every so often. Talking to them about it when they came inside for a break.

Second event, October: Opening the curtains, looking outside and seeing the kids play. Being noticed indoors and having people want me to come outside.

Third event, November: Opening the door and leaning against the frame, watching everyone play but still hesitant to join in, maybe going outside and watching, having familiar faces wave over to me, beckoning me to join, "Come on, it will be fun!" I'll be against the side of the house and maybe throwing back a kickball or something when it goes out of bounds.

Fourth event, December: Playing the game, getting the ball thrown to me, making a goal, forgetting that there ever was an inside.

Fenri Kantaris

OOG: Mike Daly
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Andy (Andy), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes), Kadin D (Katie D), Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby), GFulls (GFulls), Sindarion (Steven SA), Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample), Ikari Shizen (NarayanU), Mantel (sigma-j)
07 Dec 2015 09:07 #9 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Not exactly a highlight - but I'm finding it fascinating and captivating seeing who took the existential reveal in different ways. Seeing some find it reaffirming (glad I'm not the only one whose RP took it that way - though i could not have predicted who would have gone which way), some found it devastating (I saw people who NEVER tremble, never waiver, never doubt questioning things for the first time), some broke (someone was crying who NEVER cries), some shrugged it off as if nothing happened (not ignoring it, but with a resounding "who cares what the big story is, someone wants to kill us, we stop them" type bravado/pride/dedication) and one person laughed at everyone because faith in Science was proved true! (you know who you are).

Regardless of any issues I had before main mod, that post main mod scene, and the resulting post game forum posts that are unfurling are powerful as heck.

Caldor Eirson,

Vintner

~~~~~~
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Annora (Karen), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Fenri Kantaris (Miked), Mantel (sigma-j)
07 Dec 2015 09:09 #10 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)

Fenri Kantaris wrote: Throughout the events I feel that I've gone through a transformation.

First event, September: Sitting in my house as a child, behind a closed curtain, hearing the other kids in the neighbothood make screams of joy every so often. Talking to them about it when they came inside for a break.

Second event, October: Opening the curtains, looking outside and seeing the kids play. Being noticed indoors and having people want me to come outside.

Third event, November: Opening the door and leaning against the frame, watching everyone play but still hesitant to join in, maybe going outside and watching, having familiar faces wave over to me, beckoning me to join, "Come on, it will be fun!" I'll be against the side of the house and maybe throwing back a kickball or something when it goes out of bounds.

Fourth event, December: Playing the game, getting the ball thrown to me, making a goal, forgetting that there ever was an inside.

... This is a beautifully written description, and I want to share it with the world.... Bravo.

Caldor Eirson,

Vintner

~~~~~~
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Amizar (Amizar), Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Fenri Kantaris (Miked), Mantel (sigma-j)
07 Dec 2015 11:05 #11 by Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn)
Replied by Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn) on topic December 2015 highlights
As I'm sure many people will attest to, this event was terrifying but so much fun. Some of the highlights off the top of my head:

- Very surprised when the Baron announced we'd be fighting Telegrim Friday evening. Even more surprised to find out the dragon was a complete misdirection (for now).

- Standing on the front lines Friday when Sir Pluvious turns to me and gives me several powerful buffs, leading me to think I'd be perfectly safe...

- My thought process once the fight began Friday: Oh neat, this looks awesome. Wait they aren't dying. I'm hearing both retreat and stand your ground at the same time... Yep, definitely retreat time.

- Got to practice being extremely quiet and staying hidden for quite a while both Friday and Saturday night.

- Ended Friday (well, Saturday morning) by helping in the kitchen making pies for feast till 5am.

- Saturday seemed calm until the Count and others as husks attacked everyone and downed many people.

- Main mod was just as intense, if not more so, than Friday night. Managed to hide on the ground under a bush as a Null walked a few feet away from me. So many trips up and down hill between Winterdark and the Barracks in the dark.

- Didn't do much on Sunday besides fight some of the Black Dragoon/Undead that attacked the inn.

- Very grateful for Lord Gideon's generosity outside of Logistics.

This event was so much fun, can't wait to see everyone again in January! Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the banquet, so I hope everyone has fun there, too!

Garlan Tanwyn

OOG: Sam P.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Fenri Kantaris (Miked), Mantel (sigma-j)
07 Dec 2015 11:06 #12 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic December 2015 highlights
My single greatest sadness about this event was I did not get to PC the times when the fear, teamwork, and most of all RP was the greatest. I saw SO MUCH teamwork between groups that normally have little to do with each other this event and it was fantastic. The attitude of "we're all in this together. Work to save everybody," was so good to see from a player perspective. This was probably the least murderhobo-y event I have ever attended, and I'm happy I got to see it.

Everybody was thinking outside the box, working together, and being utterly brave as hell. The number of times I heard of or saw someone say "I'll stay and distract it, you all get to safety," was friggin' heartwarming. As Spock said, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

Frank and Brian. Hats off to you guys. The amount of ninja-healing and purely magical timing you guys had to save people was astronomical.

The little I did PC as Nigel was relatively low-impact in comparison, but I have never once had a bad time when out as this character.

Opening Pioneer Occultist, yay! Science Bubble with Ilyrin! Nigel STILL having no clue he's going on a date! Discussions about Druid things where a Londwyn outsider apparently was so on point, Caldor physically took my finger and put it on a dot on the tablecloth to illustrate it!

The reactions to Nigel always interest me. Since I try to play him in a rather different way that any of my PCs, and even a good number of PCs in general, the way people interact with his politeness, quiet neuroses, and personality quirks is always interesting to see. But the warm welcome and huge smiles on the faces of some PCs when they see him is super gratifying to me as a player. It's nice to not have to be the badass for a bit. And relaxing as hell. Especially when sipping tea out of an alchemy bottle and not being in danger of being attacked by whatever Travance has pissed off this time.

I'm excited to see where you guys take this story. This was the beginning of something great, and I can't wait to see what y'all do.

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Brian T. (Renthios), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Fenri Kantaris (Miked), Mantel (sigma-j)
07 Dec 2015 11:24 #13 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic December 2015 highlights
Almost forgot! Dinner in the Adventurer's Guild was delicious. Hearty chicken noodle and potato soups, with some damned good (if I say so myself) garlic bread. Therion + Nigel +Ven in a kitchen = a science feast of hearty deliciousness.

On the topic of Dissection:

Nigel: "It's much easier if they're not alive when you start to cut into the chest cavity."

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift), Brian T. (Renthios), Fenri Kantaris (Miked), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
07 Dec 2015 11:46 #14 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Replied by Sindarion (Steven SA) on topic December 2015 highlights
AAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL RIGHTY!

Where to begin.

- First off, seeing everyone again. I know I only missed one event, but oh goodness, it always feels like ages between games.

- Next up! After 27 events, SINDARION FINALLY HAS HIS PROMOTIONAL SKILL. Sindarion came into the event with a swagger, knowing that after all of his practice, training, and meditation, he finally has full unconscious control over his wild magic. It still wasn't going to help him. See more later.

- Everyone's expressions when they saw that the bamboo walking staff I had was ALSO A FLUTE! The staff itself was a tremendous help with all the walking that was done during the event, and it saved my poor feet from pain and slipping down hills more than once this event. It also got me into some trouble. See more later.

- Going in, ready to stare down Tellegrim and his undead army. And then seeing him scarper off. Huge "oh no" moment.

- And now for something completely different.

- Having Travance run away, and the mad flight throughout the entire night. Sindarion split up and ran into a multitude of groups over the course of the night.

- And then the flute playing. Sindarion decided to play the musical staff (ba-dum-kssh, thank you Jeff) in an attempt to draw the Nulls away from other parties. I was with a couple of other people, then told them to run when we saw the lights on the horizon. I figured I would be able to stroll along, staying out of their range and leading their chase.

It worked, but not the way I expected.

As soon as they came within my line of sight, Sindarion started getting pulled from a far distance. Nothing he tried to do was able to pull him away from them. Soon, he was staring the Green Null directly in the face, with the Minor Nulls continuing to pull him. Cue Wild Surge. Ended up obliterating all the Minor Nulls AND giving myself +50 Magic Points, but Lean, Mean, and Green was still there.

Who then dealt damage to me based on how many magic points I had. Ow.

- Woke up in the Pendarvin statehouse after being stitched up together. Yay!

- Saturday's shenanigans, continuing to run and hide, doing the usual harping about, running to the Druid Grove, and stuff like that.

- Finding out later later on Saturday afternoon that the fluting actually DID distract a group of the Nulls, and led them away from a group of bodies so people could heal them. All the pain felt justified.

-NPC shift, i.e. being a dead body and lying down on the ground. The only time I lay down when I wasn't sleeping for the entire weekend. It was pleasant.

- Wild Mage teaching lessons with Willemina on Sunday!

- Therion: "Sindarion, catch!"

- And finally, Elric giving Sindarion a plan for the most dastardly usage of wild magery. Coming to a main mod near you - Strike Plan: Megaturkey.

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby), Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Brian T. (Renthios), Wil Ravenly (Wil Ravenly), Fenri Kantaris (Miked), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Wil Ravenly
  • Have wings, Will fly.
  • Thank Yous: 37
07 Dec 2015 13:05 - 07 Dec 2015 13:09 #15 by Wil Ravenly (Wil Ravenly)
Replied by Wil Ravenly (Wil Ravenly) on topic December 2015 highlights
Oh my goodness gracious. There is so much that I can say about the event that I run the risk of babbling on for pages, so I’ll try to keep this short. ...TRY.

• First and foremost was the general anxiety leading up to the actual event. I was totally on the hype-train, and being inside of my character’s head as I contemplated just what was about to happen was killer on her heart, right through the weekend, even if she tries to stone-face her way through it.

• The sheer dedication to remaining in-character by everyone at the event, especially late at night and in private. Kudos to every single one of you. Wake up in the morning and bumble sleepily around? Everyone in character. Late at night while stuffing our faces with foodstuffs we found in some abandoned building (womp womp)? Everyone in character. In bed trying to sleep? Everyone in character. We were in that world.

• Heading out to battle on Friday evening only to discover a whole big world of NOPE.

• Five hours of fear and desperation while running and hiding through the cold, cold woods doesn’t usually sound like a good thing, but what an exciting rush that was! Even when my body finally started to shut down, the reliance on and execution of teamwork and survival skills kept me pushing forward, since not a single one of us seemed ready to give in. People had one another's’ backs out there, and it was incredible.

• Saturday morning NPC shift was a lot of fun. Skelly-Time!Bethany followed by an RP mod that Rudolph and Ketryn helped in a direction that none of us thought would actually happen. Huzzah for smuggling out ”sick people” through Kalidonia!

• Indiana Jones and the Cultist Catacombs during the low-level mod on Saturday afternoon. The escape out of there while all of the doors were slamming closed behind us kept making me wish I’d lose my hat. Always love those lowbie mods! <3

• DELICIOUS FOOD. <3

• The drama during feast was a firm reminder of the fact that we ARE under the command of a governmental hierarchy in Travance on both an OOC and IC level. I thought it was awesome to watch the cause and effect play out, though sorry that there was “cause” to begin with.

• Saturday night was a repeat of Friday for the most part, though we had a better idea of how to maneuver. While heading to a rendezvous point, though, I totally got stuck in ALL OF THE THORN BUSHES and thought they would be my unfortunate demise.

• The way the evacuation was handled from the “nerve center” of the Baronial Manor was excellent to observe. Wonderful roleplaying and wonderful cooperation.

• The "big reveal" and the assorted reactions to hearing it. I cried. Other people cried. Emotions everywhere. Beautiful. <3

• *hand puppet* “I-LA-NAAAAA. I-LA-NAAAAAAAAA.” This is what happens when we all drink whiskey that was found in the freaking floorboards.

• Conversations with Jun, Magnus, Billiam, Gideon, and Sindarion over the weekend. My only regret is that none of them were long enough and I was too bloody tired to be a decent conversation partner. I’ll make up for it one day, I swear. <3 Though apparently Jun says things about me when I’m not around. *side eyes Dustin*

• Trying to end a Black Dragoon with special guest: “Magnus’ Magical Motivation”. Matt, I have a feeling that I’ll be taking a martial list at some point and I am totally holding you responsible. <3 (Though I did find out that ‘Wilhelmina’ translates into “Willing to Protect”, so I guess there we go.)

• Sindarion I’m sorry that I “stone gripped” your foot to the ground. Y-you asked what I could do. <_<;;

• SO MUCH RP. ALL OF THE RP. KNIGHT REALMS, THANK YOU.

It’s going to be a long, long, long wait until the January event. *flails around*

Wilhelmina Elizabeth Ravenly

“Bran thought about it. 'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?'
'That is the only time a man can be brave,' his father told him.”

― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

OOG - Bethany O.
Last edit: 07 Dec 2015 13:09 by Wil Ravenly (Wil Ravenly).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Fenri Kantaris (Miked), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Angry
  • Thank Yous: 131
07 Dec 2015 16:18 #16 by Angry (Angryman86)
Replied by Angry (Angryman86) on topic December 2015 highlights
Things i forgot,

coming up with a plan with Tobias so we could sleep.

Being ordered to secure the armory. AKA make a lock and key and finally lock the damned door.

Father Angrin McCoy, Baronial Quartermaster
  • Arkelian
  • Thank Yous: 37
07 Dec 2015 17:33 #17 by Arkelian (TheRevenantHero)
Replied by Arkelian (TheRevenantHero) on topic December 2015 highlights
It felt so good to be back! what event to come back to as well.

Friday:
-Getting to witness the emotions in the air when Tellegrim was forced to flee and corsair was dusted.
-Playing a spark and inducing real fear in the players as they had no idea what was going on.
-Seeing Sindarion explode with a crazy wild surge. Sorry it didn't help, mate.

Saturday:
-Hanging out at the inn and catching up with people. It felt good to have so many people tell me they missed me.
-Being very upset when being told that there was beings called Null wandering around and messing things up. YOU HAD ONE JOB, TRAVANCE.
-Facing off against husks of incredibly powerful players, like the freaking Count. Yeah....that's fear you smell.
-Running into the woods with a small group to escape the husks. Tense stuff.
-Beating up a tree because I wasn't allowed to beat up the husks. I'm a red dragoon berserker. running away is the opposite of my job.
-Talking to Crowley about what I know about what the Null might be, based on what others had told me.
-Height makes right! Seamus is the tallest so he's the right....est.
-Hanging out in the Adventurer's guild and napping during feast. Was super tired that I even decided to sleep during main mod.
-This was a mistake as Gene found me and killed me. Whoops!
-Playing a husk of myself and attacking people. Then having chats with Amalthea in the spirit world.
-Wait...i'm physical now? Cool.
-Wait...I'm alive now? Thanks Swyft!
-CRAP ALL OF MY STUFF IS STILL IN TRAVANCE ON MY BODY IN MY BUNK.
-Getting to hear the big reveal and saying I told you so to people. Need to find power in yourselves rather than putting that faith in gods!
-"Isn't it weird that this place looks just like the barracks? It even conveniently has bedding that's just the right size!"
-IL-AN-AAAAAAAAAA!!! COOK-IIIIIIIIIIIIIES!!!
-Floorboard whiskey is best whiskey.
-Jonas Kane sitting up, going wide eyed and exclaiming, "Oh no! I forgot about the bards in the basement!"

Sunday:
-Chatting and just hanging out with Eva and Seamus. Always fun.
-"I've gotta write a note to myself for next time we evacuate the town to unchain the bards." "Wait...they're chained up?!" "Oh man, look at the time, I've gotta go!" Jonas Kane...always hilarious.
-Dealing with Tellegrim's forces was pretty intense.
-Having a really emotionally charged argument with Seamus about Tellegrim. I think he can be redeemed and convinced to go home. Seamus wants to cut his head off.
-Strawberry milk cows. "Oh no ma cow!"
-"I'd like to point out the Chronicle has four editors, one being a Londwyn. An article written by a Chroniclerite has a grammatical error. Just sayin'."

It was a blast seeing people again and I will make a return in January. Quan Lu said so.

"Always follow me family's motto. The MacTiernan family motto is: Stop it!"

Arkelian MacTiernan, red dragoon who occasionally gets incredibly rage filled.

OOG: Cameron H.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample), Fenri Kantaris (Miked), Alia D'Font (DatStephy), Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn)
07 Dec 2015 21:14 #18 by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
Replied by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt) on topic December 2015 highlights
My Highlights might read more like an Event Recap, however that was part of the fun.

Friday Night: I learned so much. Sitting with the scholars and being asked if I was a scholar, when newer player answered for me, "Argyle isn't a scholar, he just likes to know how to kill shit." I'm sorry I can't recall your name, but your the first of my highlights. So please speak up if you read this. It made me chuckle.

The BEST Role Play I have EVER had with Birgitta. For once I wasn't the one in a pinch, love ya Leslie!

Garret Fuller: Your fair, scary, but fair. Your great man!

Gene, did you sleep?

Actually doing my job for the Barony, Sir Cypher REALLY takes his work seriously. That was a blast, anytime.

The great chase Saturday morning...to be continued...
Sorry for waking folks up, I really was trying to help.

"Where is Argyle?" Asked Lolo. "I think he is out fighting those things again, not winning, but..."Fenris. I coming stumbling through the doors of the Inn, "Healer, we. Need. Healer." As I fell over(1 body left, I was hit for 3 after I was brought with 4)

I finally tried to lay down finally, when I was awaken by Lor and Zel. "We need your help to fight the Count, Aliester, and Billiam."
Forest thinks(wth am I going to do?) Argyle, "pass me my sword."

Norm, I owe you one.

Feast was great, I wish I could have helped more. Ree, damn girl, Cookietree should take the Amber Path, Godess of Hearth and Bounty."
You busted your ass for all of us, thank you.
Notes of this feast; we really do need that hot water folks.
Also if I'm ever given the chance, the elf that bailed on helping serve feast, I want you brought up on treason!

Bill Friedrich, your the man, and you know why!

The Tanwyns, you all never fail to impress me.

Knowing where things are, can make all the difference, thank Karkat folks.

Yup, I followed Karkat into battle, yes he made sense, and he bailed me out, that makes 3 I owe you Karkats.

Patterson, great Role Play, you made your Land look so good in that. He alone got peasants to safety. It sparked some heroic behavior. Shane Johnson, way to keep going went you had nothing left.

Jed, Indigo, Swyft, Amathia, and the Knight of Alisandria...WOW.
I couldn't be more out of my element. Great role play, my mind was blown away. That single handedly took my PC into a whole new direction.

Clytie: YOU are my PC of the month, that was epic, folks will talk about that for years to come. I will take that picture soon. Yes, Argyle won this event, the town didn't, but he did.

Wormood, is waaay to like minded, opinionated, and just rough...I like him. The battle at the Inn, Argyle will never forget the last time he saw it.

Watching on as Lor and Zel sneaked around as fast as they could trying to save lives, wanting to help, but knowing I couldn't pulled at my heart strings, but that's the job isn't it?

I wanted to help more people, but I just couldn't. I hurt everywhere, I kept going and going but at 2 am Sunday with only 3 hours of sleep I was going to pass out.

Sunday morning, standing out facing the town...misquoting Fight Club as I walked away. This was one of the best role played scenes I had.

Until next, be well y'all and Happy Holidays.

Del Dragon, Argyle
(OOC: Forest Dougan)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Alex (Wormwood), Onca (Lorelai), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Coran Tanwyn (Jtomlin), Fenri Kantaris (Miked), Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn)
  • Mike B.
  • Thank Yous: 5
07 Dec 2015 21:41 #19 by Mike B. (Mike B.)
Replied by Mike B. (Mike B.) on topic December 2015 highlights
This was my first time larping, and I had a blast.

I went from being a reusable water bottle, uhhhh I mean nether spark (or whatever there called), ping-ponging the Count around and killing people left and right to a skeleton getting killed by everyone real quick

My favorite thing I did as an NPC had to be running through the woods away from zombies holding my leg in one arm and my lumberjack buddy Ned in the other.

I had some really fun RP in the inn as a distraught farmer named Robert whose family was killed and turned to husks. Well… I guess that does not sound too fun.

As a guard, I got drunk in the inn and ate some pie with the rest of the guards.

Fun fact: Pie is the Null’s weakness.

I chased a man down a road as a skeleton only to be killed by a child after being beaten to the ground by a cleric.

Sorry to everyone whose smoking I disrupted as a skeleton this weekend. Thank you to whoever complemented my mustache, and anyone who helped me throughout the event.

I was a full time npc this event, and I will definitely be coming back as a PC ASAP

Mike B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Liz (Liz), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
07 Dec 2015 22:02 #20 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic December 2015 highlights

A. McCoy wrote: Gene, did you sleep?

I can confirm that I found Gene asleep and was almost killed by him and Hurgar when I went to bed one night. I can also confirm that Gene may hate me for ALSO waking him up. I learned a bad habit this event, and it was waking my friends up.
Also, waking myself before noon.

A. McCoy wrote: Watching on as Lor and Zel sneaked around as fast as they could trying to save lives, wanting to help, but knowing I couldn't pulled at my heart strings, but that's the job isn't it?

As I said on Facebook, a moment when I almost felt defeated - I went with the Farmer rescue group, but got separated by husks. Burkhart went down. I went back for him and got ACED. Flask of screaming death and Colin comes along, tries to get me to safety. Nulls keep pulling me to them, out of his hands, until finally I recall the Windwalker device in my pocket. He pulls it out, gets me to safety, and heals me just enough to keep walking, then tells me to get back to the manor fast and quiet.

So I sneak for the next 15 minutes, hiding behind trees as Nulls pass me, and slinking along the tree line, getting thorn after thorn in my hands, only to get to the Barracks and find the Baron and Warlord, who order me to go find and rescue any stragglers I can, and send back the mission groups. I was so relieved to be nearly to safety, only to be sent out again.

As luck would have it, I find a bleeding out Mother Moonshadow. I heal her and help her up, she heals me back to full, and I get her and a couple others back to the Manor. Only to be asked on another mission.

Damien and Kristen, you put me through some serious Cavalier tests without even realizing it. Thank you for reminding me part of who Lorelai is at her core.

And I cannot say this enough, Ree - the feast was impeccable. Tasty, filling, timely, and exactly what I needed. My only regret is that in standing up for Indigo, my potatoes got cold. (Worth it.)

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
08 Dec 2015 01:01 #21 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic December 2015 highlights
SOOOO MANY THINGS but briefly:

-So many times I have neglected a noble's title as Mae. She literally cant keep track anymore and is giving up for now.
-Quickest way to being a warden of the focus?
-Running and hiding and being all "WE MADE IT!" to be told to go right back to the beginning lol
-Therion sitting by Mae to keep her alive ^_^
-Fighting the Count and Aleister!

Allyce-

-I really do love my Master Warrior lessons. OOG I even learn things after 11+ years at the game. Its awesome.
-Fighting Bob and actually using my skills!
-Learning!!!!!!!!

Theres more- sooo much more- but these are the few highlights that I am choosing to share!

See everyone at the banquet!

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
  • Wili
  • Thank Yous: 206
08 Dec 2015 14:15 #22 by Wili ()
Replied by Wili () on topic December 2015 highlights
So there I was, minding my own business, trying to get people drunk in the Blackbird. A few of the blood spirit folk come in, so we drink, chat, and learn a bit about this dragon that was supposedly after Travance. The night goes on, drinks are consumed, stories of cowardly dragons are told.

Sebastien and I finally get a break, so we decide to go get some coffee. As I pop my head out from the curtain, I see Sebastien unconscious inside a magical bubble thing, and glowing orbs floating around. One orb promptly asks "are you in game?", to which I foolishly respond "...yes?". Next thing I know, my coffee is gone and I'm unconscious on the other side of the room. Luckily for both of us, magic bubble priest man healed us up, so we could make our coffee (again) and be on our way. As we exit the Inn, we see more bubbles approaching, so we run like hell back to the Blackbird. My coffee was now all over my hands and the ground. Whomp whomp.

So we are back in the bar, harboring a few fugitives, feeling safe, because the Blackbird is the safest place in town, right? WRONG. Here come the Null, strolling into the place, murder-facing everyone. Luckily, I have quick reflexes and dodged under the bar, where I remained unscathed. I burned through my first 5 healing salves reviving everyone. After everyone is healed up, I remember something very important.... Calven had just left the bar to go get coffee. OH MY GOD HE IS DEAD ON THE ROAD SOMEWHERE! Sebastien runs out, scoops him up, and brings him back inside. I try to salve him to health, but fail. He's too far gone. Sebastien goes outside and starts screaming for a healer. Father red sun man hears him all the way from Alesandria and saves his life.... with 20 seconds to spare. Thanks red sun man!

OK, so new plan. Barricade the door, peek out the window to keep an eye out for glowy things, and run to the most secretive place in all of Travance when we see them coming. First implementation of the plan works wonderfully. Null comes, we don't die, yay. Second implementation was against the magic tracking glowy blob, so they found us and mc-murdered everyone. This time, Sebastien survived and salved us all up. The blackbird has been compromised.

We decide it's probably safer to be on the move, so we gather our supplies and get ready to leave. Cypher decided it's a GREAT idea to curse both Sebastien and I with berserker rage, so the next time the null try to eat us, we can at least try to fight back. Makes sense at the time.

Alright, so we go back to the inn to see if at least ONE of us can FINALLY succeed at retrieving coffee. BUT as luck would have it, those damn blobs were EVERYWHERE. We duck behind the bar to hide, but Magnusblob pops his head over and slays Sebastien.

Fun fact- being the only living being in a ten square foot area with someone in Berserker rage is NOT FUN. Now I'm getting stabbed, and as a sweet twist, I'm saved by the null when they drain Sebastien. Meanwhile, my new Romani bartender BFF is hiding under the shelf, happily surviving and watching all of this. I salve up my berserker, and we try to get coffee (again), but are interrupted by another group of light blobs coming in. We run outside, coffee-less, and meet up with some Travancians. They decide they want to go back to the Inn and hide, so Sebastien and I spend the next 30 minutes or so playing dead under a table.

I would have to say that was the most successful strategy. OH and I finally got my damn coffee.

Saturday night before feast, Wili and Sebastien have a shotgun wedding. If we are going to die, dammit, we're going to be drunk and we're going to married. I'm pretty sure Sebastien is regretting this decision, now that he survived the weekend and all.

Anyway, we all flee Travance, but NOT TO FRET! I saved the booze from the blackbird before the Null could kill it! YOU ARE WELCOME. The shenanigans in the "Inn" trying to get rid of the "fire ketchup mango liquor" were a delight.

Moral of the story-
I have never been more scared at KR, and it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Wilindé Aläciel
AKA Wili
Blackbird Manager Extraordinaire

OOG-Kelley Commeford
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Liz (Liz), JTinney (Swordsaint), Not An Assassin (Salem), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Coran Tanwyn (Jtomlin), Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
08 Dec 2015 15:10 #23 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic December 2015 highlights

Wili wrote: Magnusblob

Quick...Someone make a "Magnusblob" T-shirt!

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
08 Dec 2015 15:19 #24 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic December 2015 highlights
Kelley saved me a bunch of time with this one.
If you want to know my highlights, just read hers, and imagine it from Sébastien's perspective. You guys are creative, use your imaginations.

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
08 Dec 2015 16:39 #25 by Calven Tanwyn (Jyamp2)
Replied by Calven Tanwyn (Jyamp2) on topic December 2015 highlights
So friday night I arrived at camp at around 11:30-12. Nobody was in the inn. Not good.

Proceed to get in game/character and immediately head to the blackbird to find Wili. As I open the door I look to the left to see Sebastien with his sword raised over my head ready to take a swipe.
Wili: "Calven!! You're alive!!!!!

Me: "Uhh, Yah, why wouldn't I be?"

So they proceed to fill me in on the Null, I decide I need coffee if I'm going to be staying up all night trying to survive.

Take two steps out of the blackbird anddddd

"Nether vortex, 20 feet towards me"
Uhh, Negation
"Cool, You're taking another one. 20 feet towards me"
Fade to black

then wake up in the blackbird with Sebastien and Wili plus a few others standing over me

and so sums up the first 20 minutes of my event.

Late friday night/saturday morning when Jack Cypher was testing out his new invention in the Inn, great RP to everyone who was there

Forest, though it seems our RP happens mostly in passing, it always leaves me craving more

Saturday was a blur. I was supposed to tend to family business, but found it difficult to find or talk to anyone that I had to.

Main mod consisted of Brother Cainen and I running around invisible trying to survive, just survive.

Hiding on the road across from pendarvin, we hear Edwin come up and engage two husks by himself, I imagine it looked something like Master Yoda taking on Darth Sidieous. Impressed to say the least.

Herrister Reynolds. Best legal representation in all of Arawyn. Stoked to be working with you. Thanks for the hook-ups

Ostcliff Vassal meeting was really cool. I'm mostly excited for the RP opportunities that it will create that may not have been present before.

An immense thank you to my mentors. You probably know who you are.

Thanks to everyone who made this event possible. Coming up on my one year anniversary I feel like I've found another home and family. You're all an amazing community. Here's to 2016!!!

Calven Tanwyn

OOG: Jared Yampolsky

Tanwyn, Calven

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Wili (), Fenri Kantaris (Miked), Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn)
08 Dec 2015 16:43 #26 by Calven Tanwyn (Jyamp2)
Replied by Calven Tanwyn (Jyamp2) on topic December 2015 highlights

Wili wrote:
After everyone is healed up, I remember something very important.... Calven had just left the bar to go get coffee. OH MY GOD HE IS DEAD ON THE ROAD SOMEWHERE! Sebastien runs out, scoops him up, and brings him back inside. I try to salve him to health, but fail. He's too far gone. Sebastien goes outside and starts screaming for a healer. Father red sun man hears him all the way from Alesandria and saves his life.... with 20 seconds to spare. Thanks red sun man!

Oh Yeah, I owe you my life Sebastien.

Tanwyn, Calven

The following user(s) said Thank You: Not An Assassin (Salem), Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
08 Dec 2015 17:33 #27 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic December 2015 highlights
-A suspiciously un Drew-like Drew.

-Ven's sippy cup.

-The return of Cinder
Magnus tearing off like a bat out of hell when told Cinder was back, terrifying most of the inn in the process, as Annora laughs her ass off.

-Paladin things

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
08 Dec 2015 18:20 #28 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic December 2015 highlights
One of the things I loved the most about this event was how we were sort of thrust together with random people that we wouldn't normally RP with. It was really cool seeing groups mingle as we fled in terror :-D

Being hidden for safety by Magnus in... Jed's shack, of all places. The RP as Lois, Ketryn, and Aerena sat there calmly talking with Jed while the sounds of battle echoed up the road was great. Lois was grateful she was able to provide some counterpoints to Jed's silver tongue to Ketryn - after he left, of course :p (What? He was letting us hide in his house! Lois wasn't about to start disagreeing with the guy who was keeping them safe.)

The effectiveness of Jun's non-magical Feign Death.

Saved from death with seconds to spare so many times! And I know I'm not the only one. The way everyone came together to help each other out was really awesome.

Being nearly manic with glee at the Big Reveal. Lois is not a particularly nice person, and enjoyed the bit of turnabout after all the insults heaped at her for not being a believer those long years ago ;-) (To be clear, it's all IG. No *player* was ever awful to me, and I sincerely hope that everyone can find a way to enjoy the RP that will come of this giant metaplot.)

After the glee, helping Belegchand.... reaffirm his faith? That's irony for you :p

I... AM... VIM.

Many thanks to Angry Bill & Jason F. for finding me sleeping things when I was stuck in the Barracks on Friday night!

The cheesy potatoes. OMNOMNOM.

Sunday morning tea aka casting Summon Londwyn :p It's the end of the world and we, of course, still find time to sit down to tea ;-) Sarah deserves a prize for dragging actual teacups around with her!

Many thanks to the ST team. As much as I hated running around so much (my out-of-shape butt can't really keep that up for very long), I know that they were doing it for longer. Knowing that they're all working together makes me really excited to see where everything is going to go in the future!

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), JTinney (Swordsaint), Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
  • Brian T.
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You cannot escape me, even through death.
  • Thank Yous: 186
08 Dec 2015 21:07 - 08 Dec 2015 21:11 #29 by Brian T. (Renthios)
Replied by Brian T. (Renthios) on topic December 2015 highlights
First off, thank you to the ST's for throwing together an event that really made me feel like I was back in the classic days of early KR. Well done on all fronts.

Now for highlights, in no particular order:

1) Husk fight Saturday was crazy. James is a tornado of hair, coat tails, and swords. I was fighting in bedroom slippers, that's how desperate the weekend was making me at that point.

2) Saving a ton of lives w/devastating ninja healing techniques. Seriously, at least two dozen people should've taken deaths, but I got to them first.

3) Seeing Orias painted for battle reminded me of an earlier funny moment we experienced years ago. Long live chaos corn.

4) Coordinating efforts with Caldor to make sure people were able to be healed from crit again thanks to Restoring Light.

5) Hiding in the woods just outside the barracks until the Phokus retrieval group got there, and then surprising everyone by showing up.

6) Smuggling the Phokus out of the Proper during the longest escort mission, while eluding both PC's and NPC's until we were nearly to Winterdark.

7) Nalick's "Forgiveness" debacle, and his later Death Wish lesson participation. You sir, are a constant source of hilarity and fantastic roleplay.

8) RP w/Fenri, can't wait to see how this character develops further.

9) Getting to resurrect a friend I brought to game only a few short months ago.

10) Hearing that a select group passed their tests with flying colors. Congrats again!

11) Actually slipping away to meditate as my PC, and dwell on the fact that my mission would no doubt lead to my demise, and coming to terms with that.

12) Captain Jun: "It's a race!" *blunderbuss shot right next to my ear* Me: Cure Sensory Ailment "Really Jun?"

13) Cat(Kat?) Bordello, the swiftest and most silent addition to the Phokus escort mission.

14) "Therion's the snack that shivs back." Damn it Zipeto, was trying to be serious while facing down undead on Sunday.

15) Sitting in the woods w/Liz R's PC after she had been struck down for a good half hour while hidden. Along comes Sir Danny, who assesses Liz and gets "serious, but not bleeding". He calls a detection skill, sees me, and says "Oh, that explains that." I healed Liz and we were off and running for Winterdark again.

16) Nigel and Illyrin's science bubble.

17)" I-LA-NAAA" hand puppets. Sorry Mars, you can hate me for that.

18) Soups and garlic bread, tastegasmic.

19) Sindarion's flute playing saving lives, and his amazing catch of a spell packet on our march with only two fingers.

20) Being sad at missing the opportunity for peppermint tea time at the Blackbird.

21) Investigating the buildings at Valdalis, and finding snacks plus floorboard whiskey.

22) Resurrecting Caelvan, and the shenanigans that ensued.

23) Drega'Mire's subjects coming to the aid of Travance w/a care package. Give it up for the tiny town of Stortmouth!

24) All the lessons being taught. So happy to see that they are paying off for a lot of people.

I'm glad y'all got a taste of what we used to do years ago when the game was 1/3 of the size it is today. Seriously, it was great to see everyone scrambling around, and desperate times leading to desperate measures, and stoic heroics, and so on. See you all at the banquet!

OOG: Brian T.
Marshal
Last edit: 08 Dec 2015 21:11 by Brian T. (Renthios).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Fenri Kantaris (Miked), Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn)
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
08 Dec 2015 21:14 #30 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic December 2015 highlights
OH MY GOD.

Caelvan's resurrection. That was the FUNNIEST thing ever. It was such a tension breaker too. Like, amazing. lol

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.798 seconds