July Highlights, Part 1

06 Jul 2008 21:39 #1 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
July Highlights, Part 1 was created by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Friday:
-The various reactions to Brak, ranging from curiousity to amusement to plain old hatred!
-"He's putting on goggles and mixing things.  Let's go somewhere else."
-Finding out that sitting around in the inn all night mixing things can actually be fun.
-Sitting with the gypsies as a goblin and trying as hard as I possibly could to repress my urge to channel Tobar.
-Almost being thrown into the portal by Rubius... only to be saved by Aleister.

Saturday:
-Low level mod was a BLAST!  I had no idea when creating this character that he could ever be bloodthirsty.
-Zasha's caramel apples.  'Nough said.
-Changing into Tobar and meeting the gypsies... again.
-Shamelessly hitting on Dassi all night.
-Saving all my tag skills for main mod... only to vanish within the first two minutes of the battle.
-Porch party!
-Maybe wine.

Sunday:
-Just one word: GRIMDAR!

All in all, a great event.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
06 Jul 2008 22:06 #2 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic July Highlights, Part 1
YAHTZHEE!  ;D :D :o

A very high number of readings as Carlos, so much so I came back out as him on Saturday when I wasn't planning to, and stayed as him later than I was expecting.

A walk in the woods with the Master of Games.

"Don't worry, I'll introduce Dassi to Tobar."  "Does he have a couch?"

"CHILL!  CHILL!  BAD TOUCH, BAD TOUCH!"

(Four trolls staring at Lethias.)
Alister: "Hey, guys, over here!"
(The trolls all turn to look at Alister, and Lethias unloads a bazillion Assails into their backs.)
"Thanks for the assist, Alister!"

Surviving an encounter with 8 goblins and 3 Ogres and keeping a bunch of new players alive until the Cavalry could arrive.

"You mean you don't know how to fight while blind?"
"I'm a Blacksmith, not a warrior!"

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • JoDios
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • That guy with the muffin hat.
  • Thank Yous: 0
06 Jul 2008 22:15 #3 by JoDios (JoDios)
Replied by JoDios (JoDios) on topic July Highlights, Part 1
Apollo: the Magical Plumber

Me and Elawyn discussing our spirits theory only to have to redo it once we ran into the demon controlled spirits.

Being effective during said demon controlled spirit mod.

Summoning Fate and changing something...for the better or for worse..who can say?

Actually getting along incredibly well with Fate as she walked around the inn.

Over dramatic disapearance during main mod:
*Dios falls into Lethias, cluthing his armor* Lethias..so..cold..*gasps and vanishs*
*Lethias falls to his knees with a resounding* NOOOOOOOOOOO

HE IS GRIMDAR!!!

Apollo defeating and replacing Grimdar.  There can be only one...

Receiving the holy high five.  In other words, looks like good yet busy dreams for Dios from here on out.

It was good to see everyone in the past two events and I really can't wait to come home again and see everyone.  I'll be haunting the boards so feel free to pm me or im me on a messenger. I'll always want to hear how the events go.

OOG: Jo
  • Janus
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
06 Jul 2008 22:48 - 07 Jul 2008 07:29 #4 by Janus (Janus)
Replied by Janus (Janus) on topic July Highlights, Part 1
Breaking guild law and fully expecting to receive the punishment for it and already accepting it.
Making sure that Sister Rosa's improvements stick around for a while.
Apollo, Janus, and ROSA save the world again.
An apple so epic i barely ate half of it.
Apparently I am a horrible Osred.
Having my third reading in a row with Carlos be accurate and about the exact same subject.
The William Montgomery hour, always great.

Lowlights:
Seashell.  I hate you Chris so much.

Janus Ivillious
Court Sorcerer of Winterdark

Every man has his own destiny: the only imperative is to follow it, to accept it, no matter where it leads him.

Mike Dennis

RP Marshal
Last edit: 07 Jul 2008 07:29 by .
06 Jul 2008 22:55 #5 by Jacob Kanane (Jacob Kanane)
Replied by Jacob Kanane (Jacob Kanane) on topic July Highlights, Part 1
Crazy Political/Religious discussion with Mother Quin and Malcolm Germaine. My head still hurts a bit.
Baron Montgomery's, Malcolm Germaine's and my own fortune telling from Carlos seeming eerily accurate.
Being tortured on Friday Night by Welsher and his odd gaggle of demons and anti-paladins. Was fun to RP all of that out.
All the post-torture Jacob roleplay that followed with all the other clergy.

Prepping to NPC the cobbler's son, with Klep as the cobbler and James telling Kleppin, "You need to be black, because you're Rob Irving's father"
The smile on Jon, Joe and Mike's faces when Klep and I explained why I wasn't allowed to wear shoes.

Brother Jacob Kanane
Templar of the Order of the Mailed Fist

(oog) Rob Irving
  • Nisha
07 Jul 2008 09:57 #6 by Nisha (Nisha)
Replied by Nisha (Nisha) on topic July Highlights, Part 1
The entire Grimdar experience is at the top of my list because:
A. His name was pronounced differently every time someone said it. Sometimes it was Grimdar and sometimes Grimgar.
B. He was a giant but he was played by one of our shortest players.
C. During the fight with Grimdar, Otto ( I think that's his name.) got hit in the crotch with itching powder.
D. Apollo became the new Grimdar, after defeating him.

I loved running into town as the frantic Launduinian (spelling?) whose family was being attacked by Druids. That was the most fun I ever had while NPCing.

I finally got to sing at the feast. ( My first event I was too nervous, and the second one I slept through the feast!)

Seeing Victor and Orion's dodging lesson, followed by Aleister's blocking lesson, was priceless.

I enjoyed fighting Saturday's main mod from under a table.

Of the 3 events I've been to, this was definitely the best.

Nisha

OOG: Sam Scibetta
  • Janus
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
07 Jul 2008 10:11 #7 by Janus (Janus)
Ok, to be completely fair and correct, it was Apollo, Janus, Rosa and Darius save the town.

Janus Ivillious

Every man has his own destiny: the only imperative is to follow it, to accept it, no matter where it leads him.

Mike Dennis

RP Marshal
  • JoDios
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • That guy with the muffin hat.
07 Jul 2008 10:37 #8 by JoDios (JoDios)
Replied by JoDios (JoDios) on topic July Highlights, Part 1
I had almost forgotten:

Comparing Janus to Osred during the entire Chronicler ritual as he wasn't Osred.

"Hey Janus, you know who is reaally awesome. Osred."

OOG: Jo
  • Erdrick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 161
07 Jul 2008 11:26 #9 by Erdrick (Erdrick)
Replied by Erdrick (Erdrick) on topic July Highlights, Part 1
I find it amazing that no matter how rediculous I make my characters they tend to fall into epic situations. Erdrick started off as a crappy farmer who became a knight then lord then many other things. Now Darius has been getting swept up in epic situations simply because he can pick locks and disarm traps.

- Planning on switching to Erdrick for the night but walking around the corner to see Zasha get sucked away. After that moment there was no way he would dodge out of town.
- "Quick help Darius he's fighting left handed"
- Trying to steal the heart of one Sister Rosa
- Rosa and Darius figuring out how to fold reality
- Epic acrobatic feats
- Actually managing to use half of my card as Darius (90% all trap/lock skills)
- Weave Artificer Apollo "The Grimdar" Abendroth
- "Well Baron in the event our fates get switched and I become the Baron i'll take care of you as you have I"
- Rosa - "Who knew fate had such huge knockers"
- Ruining James' roleplaying as the crazy beast we couldn't even see

and much more.

Lord Erdrick Brightstar
Guardian of Belladeen
(Samuel Roberts)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
07 Jul 2008 11:49 #10 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic July Highlights, Part 1
Starting off with my lowlight of the event, I managed to lose my new dagger on the way to the Inn well before Lay-On.  Making it worse, though I walked directly on the path, no one, including myself, found it as yet.

A fairly uneventful Friday night saw me hitting the sheets at 0200.  An hour later, I was woken by the sound of Gypsies complaining about the undergrowth and being lost.  Casting my Holy Light toward the dimly visible group and their lights, I spent the next 20 minutes guiding them to the road at Kaladonia, which is Unit 4.  Unfortunately, their caravan was at Unit 2, well past the graveyard.  Giving them all a Blessed Armor and one blade of victory (nothing but daggers), they made it home unscathed.

Along with Rayven, Antrim and later Solomon, fighting and beating a Death Knight, an imp, a demon, and an anti-Paladin as well as numerous air elementals.  From first going to sleep fat, I wound up almost tapped.

A wonderful day of RP at the Market Faire, not to mention profitable. 

Buying my own cabin from the Baron.

Learning skills I was waiting months to learn.

Running down to the forge, along with Germaine and two others to help Gideon.  Later speaking with Atrus about the old bull and the young bull.

Wally completely screwing up by letting the genie out of the bottle, so to speak, then correcting things by speed casting perfect aim banishing it.  Turns to me and says, “the lesson, Father, is when you screw up make it right.”

During main mod hearing Dassi, armed with a dagger, swearing like a seasoned warrior at the hordes attacking her. 

Using every single tag skill I possess, including my entire bag of tricks, during the first two thirds of main mod. 

Sitting next to Blind Germaine, with my arm withered.  Asking Rubious, who had melted around 10 frozen limbs, if he could take care of my withered arm.  Not even thinking, he says “Sure.  5 fire, 5 fire, 5 fire.”  Dropping dead on the spot.  Hearing “Oops.”

Main mod – what can I say?  Everyone rose to the occasion, none shirked their duty.  Bravery was commonplace, selflessness ruled.  Weakies shielded the powerful who had fallen, while waiting for an exhausted healer to arrive.

Celebration – breaking out the good stuff, telling the Baron that if he is still sober after the second bottle, its his own fault.  Watching Kwildar slug half a bottle of brandy without removing it from his lips.  Wasting the Gypsies with another two bottles.

For the first time since he came to Travance, Fr. Edwin was tipsy.  Then came the murder of the Londwyners, and although still not completely coordinated, he became instantly focused. 

Sunday, my alternate, Thorin, learned several skills he had been waiting for 4 months to obtain.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Capt Locke
  • Thank Yous: 10
07 Jul 2008 13:04 - 07 Jul 2008 13:41 #11 by Capt Locke (Jonathon)
Replied by Capt Locke (Jonathon) on topic July Highlights, Part 1
Event Highlights:

Friday Night:
- Going with Wally to “search” for the cobbler’s son, which quickly turned into a smash and search job. I just followed orders.
- Evolving my character to new levels, and really enjoying where he’s going.
-  Watching Germaine interrogate someone in the Barracks and finding his tactics just a bit barbaric 

Saturday:
- Going back to the cobblers shop being the only one in the group who had been there the night before, and keeping my mouth shut about what happened the night before.
- Being taught tumbling…which boiled down to Atrus, Dios, and Quan-Lu throwing, tripping, and gusting me to the ground many, many times.
- Low-level mod was outstanding! A big thumbs up to Chris and everyone involved. It really felt like a main mod for the lower level players. It was tough, hard fought, and very challenging given our skills. We made it out alive, and we were all better for going. It’s exactly what it needed to be.
- Watching Orion and Victor learn to dodge = most entertaining training ever
- The mod in the mines was a lot of fun as I couldn’t really do much, outside of my normal healing, but I survived. There was one point when Dios disarmed one of the suits of armor and tossed the weapon to me to keep away from his. I had it in my hand and looked at him like “what?”, which prompted him to yell “Run!”.
- Main Mod and fighting with a weapon! I’m almost becoming an offense threat, but not really. I defended my self all right with the staff, but still found myself on the ground a lot. It does feel good to know I don’t have to run away from everything, now I can just choose to do so.
- While we were waiting for everyone to get back from the ritual we had to hold off the shadows that were attacking the town. At one point Orion was away from the porch near the fire pit with a shadow slowly approaching him from his left. I yelled for him to pay attention, but it was too late. As Orion fell to the ground I let out a cry of “Orion…NO!” and then went over and healed him.

Sunday:
- Our wake-up mod to the Kaladonia statehouse went exactly as planned. We knew that either Brendan would either Dreamwalk and kill us, or Dreamwalk get help, and then kill us. The only difference would be time. He chose option one, and we were quickly dispatched.
- Chris, Damien, and I then went out as lizard assassins and went to Darkheart manor. It went as well as most attacks go there…poorly.
- Mildly successful attacks then went down at the Inn and the Barracks. 
- Then came the greatest thing I’ve ever been a part of since joining Knight Realms seven months ago… being the Voice of Grimdar.
- I never knew I could be so over the top but right on point all at the same time. I guess that’s what happens when you channel your inner Skeletor.
- The conversation with Apollo was excellent, as he had to stop and laugh after everything I said.
- “This is the skull of the leader of the last town we vanquished!” Apollo: “That’s small…was it a hobbit town?” “Probably!!”
- The look on everyone’s face as Damien was revealed to be Grimdar out giant god.
- “I liked the old Grimdar better…” Apollo: “Ok…Incinerate!”

Overall it was a very fun event for me, with the end really being great…would Adventure again! I hope everyone really enjoyed my Voice of Grimdar character and had just as much fun with the whole situation as I did.

Captain Alexander Locke, Dread Pirate
The Sleaziest Sleaze of the Seven Seas

OOG: Dave Morris
The Napoleon of Gypsy Genocide
Last edit: 07 Jul 2008 13:41 by .
  • Tyra Silverfang
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I eat dark god babies...
07 Jul 2008 13:26 - 13 Jul 2008 12:51 #12 by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing)
Replied by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing) on topic July Highlights, Part 1
Friday:
-watching my fellow brigands fingers get broken while being questioned.
- getting to do the zombie make-up for the second part of my NPC shift.

Saturday:
- Coming into town with Seylin and being reintroduced to my husband, Rayven.
- Slapping Rayven in the face for forgetting about me and thinking i was dead.
- being excited about being able to use a Blade of Victory but being "taken" before i even got to use it.
- Realizing that when they say "you feel a chill" I don't actually feel it do to my Barbarian resist cold LOL
- being brought to tears because the fire mage Rayven told me i could trust almost killed him trying to get him out of an ice block. (don't worry Tari I don't know this in game lol ;) )
- getting drunk with the gypsies and giving Kwildar way too much wine and then watching him brawl.
-Getting to take pictures for the low level mod! YAY!

Sunday:
- GRIMDAR! (the gypsies saying his name backwards to "uninvoke" him lol)
- Gaylen's omelette's. need i say more?

"There is a difference between a hero and a coward. A Hero wakes willing to risk death. A coward wakes wishing for it."

OOG: Adi
Last edit: 13 Jul 2008 12:51 by .
  • THENPC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Assassins Do It From Behind
  • Thank Yous: 126
07 Jul 2008 13:30 #13 by THENPC (THENPC)
Replied by THENPC (THENPC) on topic July Highlights, Part 1
Friday night:
kicking Drew in the junk until he decided he'd stick around and play Keillor after all.
Dios' Cute, Widdle, Face

Saturday:
A market faire full of delicious, discount, food.
A hilarious lesson in dodge turning into a hilarious lesson in intercept turning into a hilarious lesson in first aid.
A run into the inverted tower that turned out to be more like kissing my sister (Charlie's Words)
Inducting the littlest Witch Hunter into the guild.
Watching him solo guys twice his age and size while laying waste to a few random encounters myself.
An excellent feast
Running all over the town AND camp looking for someone to tell me something Janus already knew. Returning with a message consisting of a few choice words.
Main mod and all the frantic hilarity that ensued including:
    "Does anyone else notice James roleplaying the hell out of something none of us can see? AHHH CHILL!"
    Getting chilled, running outside and in a large circle back to where I started, backstabbing everything along the way
    Finding out what it's like to be a mage for a good ten minutes before deciding magic just isn't for Lethias.
    Seeing the Scooby-Doo scene when the drafts chased what looked like the entire town around the field and the inn in circles 
A late-night mod that was above and beyond everything I hoped it would be.
Getting kicked in the junk by Drew when he heard why I might not make next event. I guess I had it coming.

Sunday:
Laying waste to wake up crew with an assist from Aleister.
Wake up crew almost laying waste to me until I found a good hiding place.
and of course: The new Grimdar.

Adversus Nox Noctis,
Sir Lethias Discretion Nathaniel Peregrin Christopher Wrathchild VonRitter
Knight of Travance
Putting the Shiv in Chivalry Since 1202

Mortem facit omnes aequales, vitam facit omnes fratres
Vince The NPC;
RM, RPM, ST
  • Hadrian Thane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The night is dark and full of terrors.
  • Thank Yous: 3
07 Jul 2008 14:23 #14 by Hadrian Thane (GBino)
Replied by Hadrian Thane (GBino) on topic July Highlights, Part 1
[size=20pt]I AM GRIMDAR![/size]

/* OOG
* Rob G.
* Rules Marshal, Margrave
*/
07 Jul 2008 14:24 #15 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic July Highlights, Part 1
Yaaaaaaaay!  All hail the NEW GRIMDAR!

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
07 Jul 2008 14:24 #16 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic July Highlights, Part 1
-Poor evil spirit Gary... He learned saturday its a bad idea to monologue in front of the arch-bishop.
"I thank you all for releasing me!" <Banished>
-The theatrical quickening and rebirth from lightning and flames that was the new Grimdar
-The Voice of Grimdar is my new hero.

A+ event, would disappear again.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
  • Janus
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
07 Jul 2008 14:27 #17 by Janus (Janus)
Not really a highlight, but a hope that I won't have to stand in front of another portal for another couple of events.

Janus Ivillious

Mike Dennis

RP Marshal
  • Quin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Captain Cupcake
  • Thank Yous: 15
07 Jul 2008 16:08 #18 by Quin (Quin)
Replied by Quin (Quin) on topic July Highlights, Part 1

Crazy Political/Religious discussion with Mother Quin and Malcolm Germaine. My head still hurts a bit.
Baron Montgomery's, Malcolm Germaine's and my own fortune telling from Carlos seeming eerily accurate.

Oh man, that discussion killed my brain too. It was really fun, but ow!

You forgot the best highlight, Rob!

Quin K.
It isn't enough to talk about peace, one must believe it.
    And it isn't enough to believe in it, one must work for it.

Emily (MM/RPM)
07 Jul 2008 16:24 #19 by Jacob Kanane (Jacob Kanane)
Replied by Jacob Kanane (Jacob Kanane) on topic July Highlights, Part 1
Wow, you're right Emily. Don't know how I forgot about Jackie's cabbage delivery. A+++

Brother Jacob Kanane
Templar of the Order of the Mailed Fist

(oog) Rob Irving
  • Kleidin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 152
07 Jul 2008 18:28 #20 by Kleidin (Kleidin)
Replied by Kleidin (Kleidin) on topic July Highlights, Part 1

Event FUN!

Friday - 
My BBQ at Darkheart Manor went off quite well.  Thanks to Matt/Magnus who brought the corn and pork chops, and Zack/Tobar for the chicken, we had enough to feed anyone who wanted food. 

Saturday -
taught my new student how to gather potion materials and found 1) huckleberry patch with ripe berries 2) a baby toad sitting on a toadstool.

Teaching a new archer.

Helping students learn to dodge and intercept. Gosh, shooting my friends is fun!

Bringing another student to the berry patch, and having a goblin throw a rock idol at me - which I coaght rather than let it hit me.  Said Idol being the home of a trapped evil spirt. See an earlier post on the fate of said spirit.

Seeing Lord Pyre begin his speech, then feel a chill and disapearing before our eyes. Apollo affected immediately after, and blinded - and then me. intercepting the person dragging Apollo in a run, and grabbing him myself.  We ran to the baron's manor, and then cajolling him into continuing to move after he sat down stating he was too tired to run anymore.

The beginning of Main Mod was great - I was able to help defend both groups in the Inn, until I had an asthma attack, and spend the next 2 hours in the kitchen.  I've never had one come up so quickly - one minute I was fine, then I kinda got dizzy, and couldn't breath.  I don't think I would have realized something was wrong if Alex (Ingvie) hadn't asked me if I was taking his damage - which pulled me out of the daze.  I'm sorry to all that the search for my bag and inhaler caused a pause in the game.

I have to say, the Druid mod was probably the best mod I've been involved in.  I was seconds away from going to bed when the little mute goblin (Smartest goblin I've ever met), came to me with a note stating 'We need a Druid!' and began to pull me away from the inn by my coat.  The whole situation was a phenominal moral dillema that I think will continue to cause magor problems in the months and years to come.  Thank you to whomever began this storyline.  Brendon as Lord Pyre being just as conflicted, but having to judge on the side of the law was just wonderful.
I haven't had such a great roleplaying experience in a long time.  Thank you all for the great interplay.

Sunday -
Lost my sword in the woods running from 3 trolls. Found it, and a large peice of scrap metal by retracting my steps.
GRIMDOR - what can I say, Fire does solve most problems, specifically when done from a distance.

Lady Kleidin du Tenkukai Weaveforger Laurent-Belmont of Kaladonia
Master Witch Hunter, and Elder Druid
OOG: Diane Sodher
07 Jul 2008 19:07 #21 by Mother Rosa (Kate)
Replied by Mother Rosa (Kate) on topic July Highlights, Part 1
I had a wonderful event, even with lots of people away, the people there really stepped up their roleplay and made it amazing. Also, BIG thanks to everyone who made feast, it was fabulous and you're all way too nice making me things that fit my crazy allergies all the time. <3

FRIDAY:
- Spending most of the night sitting with Jonas Kane speculating about the portal and how the mages tampering was going to explode his inn
- Finding out more about the "draft of null" through Paige's research
- Stumbling to bed early at 4 only to be woken by the taunts of an Anti-paladin at 5
- Spending an age running around site looking for the wounded or dead Brother Jacob and finding him mangled but alive in the Inn (and the excellent RPs that ensued)

SATURDAY:
- Getting to relax for market fair and eat, have my fortune read, relax and visit with my flock of newest Gaians (and being charmed by Darius of course)
- Talks with Sir Germaine and the differences between defiance and chaos
- Spending all of Saturday afternoon trying to talk a man into Living the whole time knowing the mages guild will probably execute him anyhow (Great RP Brendan, the first time in a long time I've had a real long religious debate/argument with someone)
- Buying presents for Rosa's friends
- Finally making amends with Brendan's NPC and literally sewing a portal shut with my knowledge of Tailoring (first time ever being able to mend has saved the world? Maybe)
- Our group of druids and the ensuing anger between myself and Solomon

SUNDAY:
- early morning rituals and Rosa not realizing she would have to remain calm in the face of two of her phobias

I'm sure there is other things I've missed but thank you to everyone for the fun. :)

Mother Rosa
Priestess of Gaia

"That which yields is not always weak."

((oog: Kate L))
07 Jul 2008 20:53 #22 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic July Highlights, Part 1
There were many wonderful things this event, but there was one that was above and beyond all other awesome things!

BACON COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To date, it is the one and only favored coffee I like, showing one more time that EVERYTHING is better with bacon!

THANK YOU DANNY!!!!
WOOT!!!

-OOG Michael Smith
  • Jiltanith
08 Jul 2008 02:40 - 08 Jul 2008 03:42 #23 by Jiltanith (Jiltanith)
Replied by Jiltanith (Jiltanith) on topic July Highlights, Part 1
I barely know where to start, this was such a fantastic event overall. I really got a chance to go all out with Jiltanith, RP with many new players...I'll see if I can organize my thoughts  ;D.

-Friday
-I absolutely loved the BBQ we had over at Darkheart Manor before lay on. I got to see so many people I hadn't seen in a long time and talk about where I've been and what they've been doing, and enjoyed some absolutely fantastic food. (And programming talk, now that's something I haven't been able to have in AGES.)
-Had my NPC shift early, and played brigands with some new players only to be absolutely STUNNED by one of our newest members. Never have I seen someone move so swiftly in the forest, let alone in pitch black darkness. He was gone so long he didn't even come back until after the next mod we ran, and he managed to hold up a few more people during that time! I forget your actual name my friend, I hope you're not insulted since I have a hard time remembering new players, and I can't want to get a chance to do that with you again.

-Saturday
-Heading off to the inn in the morning and RPing with some of our newest additions to KR, starting with teaching them some of the KR classic inn games such as Shut the Box and Tumblin' Dice. I ended up doing this a couple of times but had a great time.
-Enjoying the market, having the entire Inn sing happy birthday to me, and then sharing my birthday cake with anyone who wanted it in the inn, and outside of course.
(The Yahtzees, you guys always seemed to put a smile on my face with your birthday cheer.)
-The low level mod was fantastic, we ended up with more people then expected but it just lead to a large scale battle that really made things epic. It's nice to see low level mods go well to give the newer players a chance to really go all out.
-Buying some strangely perfect bracers for my character from the said amazing player I NPC'd with and having them cut to fit me and re-finished right on the spot. Then getting a fantastic dragon pendant that also fit my character (sadly the chain I fit to it broke so I didn't wear it for the rest of the event).
-Going back to playing inn games and earning some silver on some wagers, and saving Zero's butt (Justice) when I gave him back his pouch holding all his worldly possessions out of the kindness of my heart. Well....not really, I tortured him about it.
-Getting a mithril polearm!! I've been dying to get one, it was a goal I was trying to achieve and I can thank my mother for all the hard work she put in to hunt one down while I was gone.
-Getting some Dragoon plot rolling out, and getting to feel more in character then I've had a chance to feel in a long time. Learning more about what happened while I was gone 'Dragoon wise'.
-"Hahaha....I thank you all for releasing me!! I.." *poof*
-The feast was fantastic, and those were some of the best feast songs I've heard, one I recognized and touched my heart. Also Matt had been waiting to sing that song during feast for over a year, I remember him talking about making it more appropriate a long time ago.
-Main mod, well it was difficult and quite a challenge and somehow still gave for some RP during all the madness. Especially with that one skill...I forget the name, the one that made you blind and stupid. But I have to admit...my biggest highlight and biggest surprise was getting my Spirit of the Dragon and really going wild with it. I had never felt more in character from there on in.
-After the portal was shut, fleeing into the darkness to escape something I couldn't see. I practically double taked when I was chased and ran behind the inn, only to come back around to the front to find the inn abandoned. Then suddenly seeing Solomon run out from the darkness and working with him to find and bring people to safety.
-After all was said and done, staying up late at the inn, sharing s'mores with all, and celebrating my new found Spirit and victory with the the porch dwellers and the new players while getting ridiculously drunk on some satyr wine, which I ended up dubbing the Maybe Wine in my complete inebriation.

-Sunday
-Waking up and being asked to take some chaos warriors to prison, having great RP with the cocky talkative one only to have him strength +2 his way out of my grip and getting a chance to chase him down, use trip to knock him over and beat him into 'submission'. Not to mention getting payed 5 gold to do the whole lot.
-Grimdar Mod, there's not much more I can say that anyone else hasn't besides LOL. I quickly learned to avoid Grimdar after he started smashing people into the ground and immediately went to dispatching the assorted goblins. Regardless, I couldn't help but enjoy that entire mod and got quite a laugh out of the whole thing.

In the end, I was sad to say goodbye knowing that I have no idea when I'll be able to come to another event...but all in all I have to admit it was the best event I've ever attended. I have to thank everyone who came together and made it special for me, but specifically my mother. She did everything she could to make sure I had a great time, and with your help it was made into a weekend I'll never forget. It just makes me smile to know even after a year of being gone I came back to find people who I still call friends, and that means a lot to me considering the amount of people I've lost touch with in my constant moving.

Lastly, thanks to James for giving me that old laptop! I've really needed one for the longest time, and now I actually have a word processor/programming laptop for college. I won't have to store everything on USB drives/floppys and work on public computers at college anymore  :).

OOG: Mike G.
IG: Jiltanith Glaw, Red Dragoon
Last edit: 08 Jul 2008 03:42 by .
  • Elka
08 Jul 2008 11:19 #24 by Elka (Elka)
Replied by Elka (Elka) on topic July Highlights, Part 1

- Finally making amends with Brendan's NPC and literally sewing a portal shut with my knowledge of Tailoring (first time ever being able to mend has saved the world? Maybe)

"Rosa, just imagine the portal is a huge tear in the biggest pair of pants you've seen..."
"That's one big ass..."  ;)

OOG: Emily G.
  • LStarling
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Cursed Healer
  • Thank Yous: 20
08 Jul 2008 12:09 #25 by LStarling (Kwildar)
Replied by LStarling (Kwildar) on topic July Highlights, Part 1
Friday night:

Tests of composure, courage and faith all in one go, at three AM.  Matt W. Great job!  As an aside, Demons should know how to count. ;)

RP with Paige and Rosa after their first chills.  Running around after Heather, and making certain Paige didn't disappear.

Getting called 'Tricky' by Malcolm Germaine. (First I've seen him smile, Alex!)

Saturday:

A whole boatload of amazing RP happened... In no particular order:

More demons, and a rather angry Kwildar actually killing blowing them, only to get blown up four or five times.

Smarmy Fate. (T, you're awesome!)

Going through my entire reserve of FP twice during main mod due to Solomon's dagger.

Posi backlashes, and people's reactions to it.  Especially Tick's look of sheer delight when he saw me call Positive Energy Concentration.

Slugging down wine at feast, and all sorts of drink after main mod, only to stumble up to Paige and Keillor and say, "Never again... With Gypsies and Celts at the same time... Never again!"

Slugging matches with Collin.

RPing with Brendan's Sorcerer NPC, getting pelted by about 20 gold in coin, returning that, then an AMAZING scene with Quan Liu, Father Dios and Brogan about compassion, law, and the interworkings of Valosian and Andorran faith.

Collin, Brother Kwildar, and Father Michael.

Gypsies, Celts, and Goblins ... Oh my?

Aleister saying after Kwildar had finished off a Shadow Ice creature, "See, Kwildar's there. It's done for." I don't think Kwildar will ever quite get used to those sorts of comments.

Sunday:

Failed ransom plots.  Getting blinded and bound by Brendan.  Insulting Rosa while blind, then reiterating it once the blindness wore off.  Being a smarmy git is rather fun, actually.  Escaping from Jiltanith, just to get tripped with still-tied hands was a lot of fun.

OOG banter up at logistics about the similarity between 'Grimdar' and 'Kwildar'.

Animal Empathy from Elawyn.
Elawyn, "What is Grimdar"?
Spider, "Something big!"
Elawyn, "You mean there's an army?"
Spider, "My friend has lots of friends.... And something big!"
Elawyn, "This spider is so much more useful than the goblin...!"

GRIIIIIIIMDAR!

Making a bee-line for Osred during a couple of recycles, 'cause he was almost as big as Grimdar, and therefore a false Grimdar-god, and had to be destroyed.  So glad that Mike got to use his new prayer to a good effect. :)

--
Lawrence Starling -- IG
"Really, bee! I don't smell flower-y!"
Malcolm Mallardi -- OOG
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
08 Jul 2008 12:14 - 08 Jul 2008 19:01 #26 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic July Highlights, Part 1
I just want to hand out a few thanks in regards to the main plot.

Doug P. worked on the main plot with me allot before the event. Even though he couldn't make it, he had a large hand in writing it. Thanks!!!

Alex T, Tom H and Keith helped allot with the implementation of the plot, including writing and running their own mod entwined with it. Thanks!!!

Brendan (spelled with an A), played the role of "Hollan" the sorcerer. He gave such depth to the character I could not imagine anyone else having played that role. He also was able to run with marshaling the fixing of the tear perfectly and far better than I had planned. Thanks!!!

Mike Smith and Theresa both did awesome jobs as their NPCs. Theresa as one of the fates and Mike as part of the Draft of Null. Mike also did a great job writing up the chronicler scroll to summon the fate. Thanks!!!

Also thanks to everyone else who npc'd the roles in the string of mods to follow the trail of the sorcerer. Everyone did a fantastic job!

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Last edit: 08 Jul 2008 19:01 by .
  • Gary
08 Jul 2008 12:28 #27 by Gary (Gary)
Replied by Gary (Gary) on topic July Highlights, Part 1
walked into a bench

it hurt a lot :(

which gives me an idea for a new skill on the Brute list

Shin Bash
    strike target in the leg. said leg is unusable for 10 min.
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
08 Jul 2008 12:41 #28 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic July Highlights, Part 1
Friday: Finally getting In game as Odo and talking with Lord Pyre and actually giving suggestions. I as a player love how the character evolved from just a hammer swinging orc, but a hammer swinging orc with depth.

NPC: To serve the master! Except, it was late night, and only those that arrived were around. Namely, Blockus, and that mace of his. It was weird, but chain walling seemed to be the theme.

Saturday: Showering was great. Oh was it great. Speaking with Antrum on magic. Trade Fair for the first time in a while. That one field mod where we fought weapons and armor. Smashing the kid with the daggers over and over. Sorry dude. Going toe to toe against an axe trying to egg it on by insulting it.

Main Mod: Having to use my torch from a year ago to keep shadows out of the one doorway. Torch bearing was not so fun, but it was needed. Jumping the chills out, and almost hitting my head on the ceiling beams.

Sunday: Command Goblinoid "Get Grimdar." Swapping weapons with the giant since he stepped on Odo and took his hammer.

Good event.

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
08 Jul 2008 13:36 #29 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic July Highlights, Part 1
Friday Night:
-NPC Shift as brigands.  Seeing Steve aka Mr. Tobias play one of the best ninja... I mean brigands ever.
-Going to sleep around 3 only to be woken up by Malycites in the distance.  Wanting to get into combat but instead RP'ing my fears with three new players in my cabin.
-Waking up around 4 by a demon knight.  The resulting RP with Brother Jacob, and Rayven's swift decision regarding his future as a Templar.  Fantastic Rob!

Saturday:
-Feast was PHENOMINAL
-The slap heard round the world (well, more like just by Ravanna) from Rayven's "dead" wife
-Playing Big Brother on low level mod, holding back until I see 18 low level players out of 21 dropped on the ground.  Blew through every single healing potion I had once surrounded by those hobgoblins.  I have never been that spent since coming to this game.  LOVED IT!
-Being forced to be split up from Pracika and freaking out during main mod that I couldnt find her.  Then taking out my aggressions on the shadows.
-Ice Fortitude for the win!
-Not taking a SINGLE point of damage, only to be abducted, then frozen upon return. 
-The FIRST time dropping into negatives since Fallow... by Tari's "help" freeing me from the block of ice.  (Good thing the wife didn't see)  Brabarians and fireballs do not mix.

Sunday
-GRIMDAR - Enough said
-Actually seeing Pracika build up enough confidence to fight when bolstered with armor and buffs.

Overall, the BEST event I have had in a long time.

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
  • Damien
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 145
08 Jul 2008 14:28 #30 by Damien (Damien)
Replied by Damien (Damien) on topic July Highlights, Part 1
Oh, oh, my turn, my turn  :P  Or at least the parts I can actually talk about

- Yummy BBQ at Darkheart before lay-on
- Having Aerin Feist "show me how it's done"  ;)  Thanks, Emily
- Seeing some good friends IG and OOG advance their characters in very kewl directions.
- Awesome 4 helpings I had at feast and the 5 meatball sammiches I had throughout that evening  =P
- Wonderful songs at feast too.
- Fun RP with 'Fate' and thanking her for everything she's given me  ;)
- Constantly avoiding the Draft of the Null.  Seriously, running from James was hilarious.  Was like a Benny Hill skit.
- Watching Orion once again dig his own grave and almost have to enter honor combat, to which he was going to call me, of all people, to be his champion.  :-\

and of course . . .

- Playing Grimdar, the littlest giant  :P  Seriously, one of the most fun combat situations I have ever had.  And the look on everyone's face when then realized I was the Grimdar, lol.  Hopefully, some day the Grimdar will return  ;D

[hr]
Victor Sylus, Baron of Travance
OOG: Damien A.
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.825 seconds