Writers and Informants Needed for a Project

• Rowan Uidhir
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Beans, beans, the musical fruit...
  • Thank Yous: 145
20 May 2013 19:30 #1 by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
Writers and Informants Needed for a Project was created by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
My fellow people of Travance, I have a project of sorts that's been consuming my life for the past day or so. It's a musical project, and I plan to share it with everyone once I finish it.

Are there gifted writers out there who are willing to help me? I'm afraid that what talents I have in musical know-how and performance, I lack in being a competent lyricist. Contact me if you'd like to assist this bard with a terrible case of writer's-block.

Also, I am looking for information and stories. If you know anything about the lives of those ordinary, but absolutely brave individuals whose souls were lost to the Abyss from the blue inhalant, please send me a private letter with that information.

I thank all of you who plan to help me with this task.

Signed and Sung,
Rowan Uidhir

(OOG) Teresa Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen), Arden (Shelby)
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
22 May 2013 03:04 #2 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Replied by Sindarion (Steven SA) on topic Writers and Informants Needed for a Project
Dear Rowan,

I've gathered an extensive amount of notes regarding those deceased. I can loan them to you before I leave for Elvalion.

Sincerely,
Sindarion Sinclair

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
  • Rowan Uidhir
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
22 May 2013 05:20 #3 by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
Replied by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa) on topic Writers and Informants Needed for a Project
Thank you very much, Sindarion. I do appreciate all of the help and information I can gather.

(OOG) Teresa Amore
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
22 May 2013 09:03 #4 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic Writers and Informants Needed for a Project
Excuse me for my bluntness, but I feel this must be said.

I have to ask - aside from Julie Tellmein, who in her last moments realized what she had become and stood against Xualla, what about those individuals made them "brave"? Perhaps I have missed something, but in my hours of listening them berate us for our "crimes", I never once felt that this was the appropriate descriptor for Maggie, Winnie, Mina, or especially Victor. Certainly, they went through unimaginable hardship, but they did not face it bravely. Instead, they turned to vengeance and turned against King and Country. They took an offer of power from an unknown source, and then used it not only against the "heroes" they so blamed for their grief, but spread that poison amongst our citizenry, killing them with the drug, with their rampant uncontrollable abilities, and bringing them under their sway with magical and other effects, which resulted in their near massacre (barring those men and women we were able to save when those who had used the drugs were stopped). Even when it was discovered that their abilities were not a blessing but instead an infusion of blood from Xualla himself, all but Julie continued to defend themselves and fight us in their vengeance. Mina continued to fight the town, poisoning the lake, attempted killing the man "Godsend", and sent controlled, dying men against us until we were able to defeat her and the druids were able to heal the damage she'd done to the waters and the life within. Maggie and Winnie continued to scream at us irrationally, despite several different attempts at consolation from various sources, reprimanding us for killing their family, Victor, and repeatedly demanding that Travance and all its people be wiped from the face of Arawyn. They wished to see the world burn. Victor, I should add, killed Syn's unborn children in his misguided quest for vengeance. Tell me again, how any of this is "bravery"?

Yes, I pity them for their pain and their suffering, and as I do all lost life I mourn that they could not be saved, and yes, Julie did show bravery at the end. But I saw no remorse in any of the rest of them, no sympathy for the deaths they themselves caused even in the aftermath, no concern for the life around them when faced with what had occurred. They did not hold a monopoly on suffering. It is everywhere, especially in Travance. True bravery is seen in those rare men and women who, when faced with pain, when faced with loss, continue to hold hope and do not succumb to darkness, as hard and as terrible as that may be. True bravery is seen in those who, when faced with horror, still choose the light. These men and women are rare, and I am humbled by those few like this that I am so lucky to have known.

If I am wrong in this assessment and have missed an event that would put a different light on what I have witnessed this moon, I would happily welcome it, for all I feel is sadness at the events that I see not how we could have prevented or ultimately changed.

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
The following user(s) said Thank You: THENPC (THENPC), Alex (Wormwood), Maralas (adamdrew3)
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
22 May 2013 09:46 - 22 May 2013 09:47 #5 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic Writers and Informants Needed for a Project
Hello, Rowan!

I have written a fair amount of lyrics in my travels. Once I feel settled in the healing ways, I think I may look to the ways of the bardic to make these lyrics magical! So I would be happy to offer any lyrical assistance I can to you!

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
Last edit: 22 May 2013 09:47 by Swyft (agentswift).
  • Rowan Uidhir
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
22 May 2013 12:21 #6 by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
Replied by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa) on topic Writers and Informants Needed for a Project
My Lady Elawyn,

I do thank you for pointing out that these individuals never fully had wholesome intentions against the heroes and protectors of Travance. None of us can claim to only have good intentions either. We all have weaknesses, but that doesn't stop song of praise being written and performed for us.

There is no apology needed, milady. It is a blessing that we live in such a place that our thoughts and feelings can be openly expressed. Saying that, I believe that those three women had such bravery and insight that allowed them to come to an understanding with the people of Travance. Julie gave her life in such a horrible and painful way just to save our own lives and the lives of thousands more. It did not matter if she came to us a few days ago originally to seek revenge against us. To use your own words, "True bravery is seen in those rare men and women who, when faced with pain, when faced with loss, continue to hold hope and do not succumb to darkness, as hard and as terrible as that may be. True bravery is seen in those who, when faced with horror, still choose the light". Not only is that true and inspiring in a way, but I believe with all my heart that Julie had that kind of courage.

I was subject to the verbal berates of the departed soul known as Winifred, but if you saw her grieving for her friend, surrounded by Travancians - the very people she despised - and being at peace with all of us, I think you can say the same for her. And in that light, Maggie showed us that we all grieve together, we feel together, and we stand as one when such hardships come into our lives. I kissed their hands during Julie's funeral and saw no hatred in their eyes and I attempted to console their spirits. A person's true character is shown in the face of great hardship. It is true that we have all been hurt in some way by the versions of these women who ingested the blood of Xualla, but I think that I can speak for most of us by saying that we've been touched as well. Observe their lives; observe their character at the very end and tell me if you did not see any bravery.

In no way shall I ever sing glorious songs for Victor's sake. In no way will I praise those who are not deserving to be remembered.
But I will write about the ones who deserve our respect and who have instilled such an inspiration as they have. I will sing of those whose last wish was to be remembered, and whose memories should rightfully be respected for ages to come.

And so I shall.

Signed and Sung,
Rowan Uidhir

(OOG) Teresa Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
22 May 2013 12:30 - 22 May 2013 12:33 #7 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic Writers and Informants Needed for a Project
Begging your pardon, Lady Elawyn; as I was not on the proper for much of feast and only interacted with Mina and Maggie momentarily, I apologize if this is touching a nerve, but as a bard and as Chancellor of the Arts, I feel I must respond.

Regardless of their actions or your opinions on their bravery, Rowen has a right to their stories. If you wish to give her information regarding your view of them to be taken into account in her writings, then that is fine and well. But your writing here does nothing but seep with an anger unrelated to the request as posted.

If you see them as not brave, that understandable, and is your right. Relaying that is acceptable. But Rowen is the storyteller, and I will not allow her to be bullied into silence - which I feel is what you are attempting here. Stories are not simply for heroes, nor the brave. And no story is without bias or embellishment.
Unless you are forbidding her as nobility, then she may tell their tale as she wishes.
If you are accusing her of treason, I will bring your concerns up with the Knight Captain and the small council and we will discuss what censorships would be appropriate in these and future circumstances.

I mean you no offense. I simply must stand by the rights of the bards.

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
Last edit: 22 May 2013 12:33 by Croínamara (Jen). Reason: wording
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
22 May 2013 12:52 #8 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic Writers and Informants Needed for a Project
I am unsure if either of you actually read what I wrote. I asked to be proven wrong, and only questioned the use of the word "brave".

Rowan -

As I said, I agree that Julie did show bravery.

As to Mina and Winifred, please tell me - did they show remorse for the dozens of their fellow citizenry they helped to murder? The ones we were forced to fight and the ones that they killed just out of spite in their rampage? If so, I may be able to find some peace with this. This is an honest question.

Chancellor Uidhir -

I am insulted and hurt that you suddenly think so little of me as to read such things into my words and to think I would command or order someone with regard to an opinion like this. As I've seen you as a personal friend, I can't even believe you would jump to such a conclusion. I didn't know that asking why someone uses an adjective is the same as censoring them in their words. As I said, I would welcome reasons to think otherwise. And Rowan asked for stories. I'd just hate to ignore their own victims in the course of valorizing their deeds. I am sorry you think so little of me expressing my own opinion in a matter for which you were barely present.

If you have further issue with me, you may see me next feast.

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
22 May 2013 13:02 - 22 May 2013 13:04 #9 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic Writers and Informants Needed for a Project
Lady Elawyn,

Certainly, they went through unimaginable hardship, but they did not face it bravely. Instead, they turned to vengeance and turned against King and Country.

I do not want this line to be read as Rowen sympathizing with traitors if she writes their stories.

That is all I meant.

You are my friend, Elawyn, but Rowen is my family. I apologize for my defensiveness.
I was, perhaps, rash and winded in my response.

I will speak to you at feast.

Chancellor of the Arts

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
Last edit: 22 May 2013 13:04 by Croínamara (Jen).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arden (Shelby)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
22 May 2013 13:25 #10 by Croínamara (Jen)
Rowen,

Lord Na has commissioned me to write small sonnets about the goings on of Travance to be distributed beyond the proper and into the world.

However, since I was not on the proper for long, I feel it is not my place to handle it, especially since this seems to be so heavy a topic. I would like to ask you if you would be willing to produce the aforementioned poem?

You would be compensated.

Bat Cooper has sent me his assessment of this past moons events. I will relay it to you.

Chancellor of the Arts

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
  • Rowan Uidhir
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
22 May 2013 14:52 #11 by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
Firstly, I would like to address Lady Elaywn of the lively land of Kaladonia:
To clarify, I mean no disrespect to you, to the Kingdom of Kormyre, or to the victims of Maggie and Winifred's destruction. In fact, I sympathize with their families and friends, just as I sympathize with the souls of those women. My reasoning for sharing their stories is from a personal - and a very tender - moment with them. In all honestly, I cannot speak for them or put words into their mouths by saying that they felt remorse for their actions. I don't think anyone can say so (though if you do have words to share, I encourage you to add your thoughts to these postings) However, wouldn't you agree that they realized the reasoning behind their destruction and had a moment where they might have felt strongly against their actions. Also, I would like to thank you, Lady Elawyn, for understanding that I am engaging in the acts of storytelling and creation. This project is one that is coming out of my own feelings about the recent events in Travance.

Secondly, to my dearest cousin and Tranvance's Chancellor of the Arts, Guard Croínamara Ull Uidhir:
Thank you for coming to my defense, but I can assure you that I will do what I can to give you aid my the wishes of Lord Ming Na of Osctcliff.

To All of Travance:
I would like to thank everyone who has helped me and offered their assistance with this project.
I would also like to clarify, that I am in no means taking up my pen and my song against the Kingdom. I realize that I am passing along a story of people who we have called villains. But this is just a story; a story that should be told for generations to come. I am just an ordinary minstrel who is following her creative passions, and I plead that you view me simply as such.

Also, I wish you all well.

And If someone will like to come to me and deliver some food and ale, that would be lovely. Gratuities included!

Singed and Sung,
Rowan Uidhir, the humblest bard from under a hill

(OOG) Teresa Amore
24 May 2013 23:55 #12 by Aselra Coalbeard (Aselra)
Replied by Aselra Coalbeard (Aselra) on topic Writers and Informants Needed for a Project
So... the townsfolk that were attacking us should be lost to time? It doesn't matter if brave was used right. This is to remember those townsfolk. They are living beings who feel as we do, think, and make choices as we do. You are asking how any of this is bravery? They stood up to what they thought was a terrible enemy. You think that isn't brave? They knew they had a chance to die. They didn't stop on that thought. They wanted change. Brave is different in everyone's eyes. I am not saying you are wrong, but... you cannot tell someone what their form of bravery is.

With great respect,
Aselra Coalbeard

Aselra Coalbeard
-
Kyna Stormgaard

OOG:
Melissa Malave
25 May 2013 00:25 #13 by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost)
Replied by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost) on topic Writers and Informants Needed for a Project
Rowan - I have to say it brings a smile to my face to see someone want to celebrate and sing a merry song about the lives lost, though it pains me to have to live with that memory.

As for the rest of this topic that is so heatedly being discussed, if I may I would like to have my thoughts jotted for those of you who wish to read them.

How can any of us tell each other that what we saw was not bravery in some manner or another, our own citizenry rose against us for the atrocities committed against them though not by our hand but without our memory either. How many of us can honestly sit down and say that we remembered even one of the individuals who brought the fight to us this past moon? My fellow Travancians we must understand that our actions no matter how noble they are will have some unwanted effect on the innocent around us. Yet now there are those among us who will choose to remember Julie and only Julie as the brave one who broke the mind control that befell her. I ask you this, why do we not remember the others as well? Were they not important enough? Did they not want to be remembered, or is it simply we choose not to remember them because they were weak, not strong willed enough to break the control the demon blood had over them? No matter the case I will not forget any of them and what you choose to do is your own decision but remember this, just because someone may have been weak of will and not as strong as a hero, does not mean they don't deserve to be remembered like one.

May the Ancesters guide you
Strength Through Unity
"Rememberance no matter how small is the largest gift to those who have passed"

Baht A'tal Damien Mograinne
Champion of Galmachis

OOG Josh LaBar
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
25 May 2013 11:39 - 25 May 2013 12:09 #14 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Writers and Informants Needed for a Project
Wyen and Aselra,

By my current reports, hundreds of innocent lives were lost because of Victor's rampage. Those who wouldn't join him were murdered in cold blood because they didn't believe in his rage. Such bravery to kill men, women and children because they wouldn't follow a madman full of hate and vengeance.

Go ahead and remember that they were distraught by their sundered lives and manipulated by a cruel man and the influence of the Amun'La Xualla. Bravery came from those who realized Victor was a monster and had the courage to turn away, knowing what he could do to them.

Hundreds are dead, more lives ruined. They have now created another tragic event for another Victor to rise up from and recruit more to do the same thing.

But do you remember one of the most important lives lost because of this?
Brother Kendrick. Know that one of the greatest paladins, a champion of the light, is dead. He is dead because of their rage.
I want to know how turning a paladin into a bomb is bravery.
I expect an answer.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
Last edit: 25 May 2013 12:09 by Aleister (Aleister).
  • Erdrick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 161
25 May 2013 12:11 #15 by Erdrick (Erdrick)
Replied by Erdrick (Erdrick) on topic Writers and Informants Needed for a Project
Aselra,
While it is true bravery is a descriptor left to the observer there is some general requirements for such a label. I will not contest that all of these people were at least once brave. To live on this side of the rift, battle countless atrocities, persist through endless strife and hardship and somehow manage to not go running and screaming back to Kormyre requires nothing short of bravery in itself. I would even agree with you that while these people might have set off with the best intentions in mind and risked it all to fight an enemy they thought was paramount they short of Julie lost their way. When they received the power they so highly coveted and wished for they did not make Arawyn a better place they performed atrocities that rival those of the "villains" they sought to destroy. Such facts were pointed out to the host of them and they simply did not care, they cared more for getting revenge and punishing anyone that they could for the hardships of their lives. Their bravery was a farce and was driven by spite, hatred, revenge, greed and regret. As my wife had stated with the exception of Julie I witnessed no remorse from any of them for what they had become only further devolution into insanity, madness and it wasn't until their last moments did any of the others really make any attempt to do what was right. Even then their effort was marginal and I question their motives since their characters as shown to us seemed to be one of self importance.

I will not speak for Elawyn but I personally tire of the frequency to which this town forgives the horrible actions of a person all for the sake of finding the light inside of them or attempting to find redemption for them. Redemption is something that can be earned, but it must be sought after and earned with great effort and sacrifice, not loosely reached for at the end of their lives.

Lord Erdrick Brightstar
Guardian of Belladeen
(Samuel Roberts)
25 May 2013 14:12 #16 by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost)
Replied by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost) on topic Writers and Informants Needed for a Project
My good Lord Aleister,

I believe your feelings may have clouded you from the true light of my previous message. I am not saying that we remember only the ones who rose against us or that making another soul into a living bomb is an act worth remembrance. Rather my messages intent was simply this, though we fight to protect every citizen hero or not our actions will always bring an unwanted effect. Yes we help reconstruct those lives affected but there is only so much we can replace, but there is something more we can offer, we can offer remembrance.

The loss of any life is at least worth remembrance whether it be Brother Kendrick, Julie, Mina, Maggie, Winifred or even Victor all life is worth remembering and how you choose to do so is up to you. In the end of all of this, I would like to believe that Remembrance is all Victor and the others wanted, they wanted to know that we knew how our actions affected them and that we would remember those lost as much as they did, they just wanted us to share their loss. I do not believe they went about it the right way, for I would have happily prayed to my ancesters everyday to help ease their burden.

Alas this brings me to my final point, though each of these citizens had their own will, I am not convinced that Xualla would leave any of them to break the control his blood had over them.

I would like to extend my apologies to you Lord Aleister and to any other soul that I may have offended for it was not my intent to do so.

May the Ancesters guide you
Strength Through Unity
"Rememberance no matter how small is the largest gift to those who have passed"

Baht A'tal Damien Mograinne
Champion of Galmachis

OOG Josh LaBar
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
25 May 2013 14:23 #17 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Writers and Informants Needed for a Project
My Lord Pendarvin was killed by Orias Wormwood, who had his brain altered by Victor, who lacked the courage or bravery to face either of them in combat, but instead picked an unwilling surrogate to do his murder. There is no bravery in such an act, no honor in such an individual. Actions like those taken by Victor and his craven crew are to be despised, and if remembered, should serve as a lesson to describe the worst sort of actions one could undertake.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood)
  • Edward Walker
  • Let me cut to the point to get to the heart of the issue.
  • Thank Yous: 15
25 May 2013 16:49 #18 by Edward Walker (Liam)
Replied by Edward Walker (Liam) on topic Writers and Informants Needed for a Project
From what I can understand from everything, these people were angry at the nobility and the "heroes" of Travance, and rather than speaking up to the nobility itself or training themselves so they could prevent horrible things from happening in the future, they were offer a magical way out that would give them absolute power with zero effort.

If this is the definition of what it means to be brave, then I have wasted my life.

Doctor Edward D. Walker

OOG:
Liam Neary
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clove (Mark), Bat Cooper (Cassius23), Arden (Shelby)
  • Bat Cooper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 74
25 May 2013 18:13 #19 by Bat Cooper (Cassius23)
Replied by Bat Cooper (Cassius23) on topic Writers and Informants Needed for a Project
Howdy,

I'm not going to say where I side in regards to the people we fought one way or another because, to be blunt, I'm still trying to figure it out myself.

There are two things I'd like to point out.

First, the past can be dangerous. Though it can be good to use the past to learn from if we aren't careful worrying too much about what we can do differently can be a quick wagon into crazytown.

Second, a reminder about how people learn things. People learn through frequent, repeated exposure. This is just as effective even when the thing being conveyed is later found out to be exaggerated or if new facts come out. So when we were surrounded by posters explaining how evil we all are and people saying, with great passion and explicit detail how terrible we are, then it is only natural that we will start to believe it in the same way that if you practice something over and over again you will learn it.

We are not as evil as they say. Can we do better? Maybe. It depends on the person and the situation.

IC: Bat Cooper

OOC: James Jones
MM
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
26 May 2013 17:46 - 26 May 2013 19:59 #20 by Clove (Mark)
Replied by Clove (Mark) on topic Writers and Informants Needed for a Project
((NOT CLOVE))

Talkin' from a serf point-a-view, an only by the grace of Valos can I actually read these words, ders always a catch ta power fo no effort. Either these people were dumb as stumps or just didn't care where the power came from on top o' the fact they are ungrateful pricks. The heros of Travance almost never tie a pretty ribbon on anything' but they try there darndest. As a matter o' fact if I was expecting complete safety I'd just walk around with heros till goblins or something attack n die, take a gold off em and move back ta the other side of the rift, or not moved here in the first place. The greedy spiteful pricks got what was commin to em.

Richard J

OOG-Mark B
Last edit: 26 May 2013 19:59 by Clove (Mark).
26 May 2013 20:02 #21 by Razael Seiryn (Razael Seiryn)
Replied by Razael Seiryn (Razael Seiryn) on topic Writers and Informants Needed for a Project
Rowan,

While you're at it; You might want to write a story about every demon knight to ever plague the town of Travance. They were in no way shape or form different than these individuals, some even more so innocent than others. You say that because these people were mislead that they are innocent, yet for my life and many lives before mine, my people have been burned for simply being born. We have suffered tribulations the likes of which no other has save maybe the dark elves. They took upon themselves the blood of a demon, not by birth but by choice and that makes them truly disgusting.

I will not idly stand by something of this nature being brought to light while my people, true innocent heroes have been sacrificed and suffered for something which truly wasn't their fault while others without the physical and torture of demons be brought to light. I have heard the head of the guard himself threaten Wormwood for making a comment about the girl with the book whom 'saved' the town. I know for a fact he's killed dozens (minimum) of exact wild mages in their exact situation with no remorse. You will find no sympathy with me, and only ire from the Wild Mages who actually remember how things used to be.

OOG: Daniel Osmun
26 May 2013 21:40 - 26 May 2013 21:41 #22 by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena)
Replied by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena) on topic Writers and Informants Needed for a Project
I wasn't aware one life was more important than another, Lord Tartaros.

I'm sure Mother Moonshadow, Kleiden, Lord Ardentfyre, myself, and the others who's lives were lost that night will take solace in the knowledge that our deaths were paltry indeed in comparison to one who's life meant something.

With utmost respect
-- Blacktree

All hunters die. But not today.

OOG Jenna L.
Main: Ehlenathelasa Blacktree
Alt: Hazar Bint Sha'Haban
Alt: Erim Walker [Retired]
Last edit: 26 May 2013 21:41 by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena).
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
26 May 2013 22:09 #23 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Writers and Informants Needed for a Project
i ask but a simple question, Lord Tartaros. Please enlighten me as to what makes one person's blood redder than another's.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
26 May 2013 22:47 #24 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic Writers and Informants Needed for a Project
Wotcher,

My mum used to say that "bravery is facing circumstances that would have us running in fear, and yet standing our ground regardless." Well, something like that. I've got it written down somewhere.

Anyway, you should note that it's quite possible, therefore, to be both brave and stupid, or brave and "evil," or brave and sadistic. None of these qualities are mutually exclusive. You probably wouldn't say "Well, that giant reptile ate half the village, but at least he was brave, so I shan't think any less of him," now would you. Importantly, being "brave" doesn't really make you any more or less virtuous a person; it's just a feature of your temperament, much like having a propensity to sleep in late on Thursdays, or preferring custard over whipped cream.

In fact, judging from what I've seen in this town so far, all the aggressive wildlife that chooses to pit itself (however mindlessly) against Travance's populace would be defined as "brave." So it'd be hypocritical to sing songs about the commoners who passed through last feast, and not the dozens of creatures who see fit to try their luck against the local men-at-arms.

With that being said: perhaps it would be expedient to champion these commoners not for their bravery (being as it is perhaps of less moral worth) and instead for their ability to atone for their misdoings, even when faced with certain and imminent death, and their defiance against a foe who held total sway over the remainder of their lives?

It's just logical, really.
For Queen and Country,

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
  • Albert
  • Just a healer.
  • Thank Yous: 88
27 May 2013 13:59 #25 by Albert (deatharcana)
Replied by Albert (deatharcana) on topic Writers and Informants Needed for a Project
Rowan,

Don't let these pesky nobles and do-gooders stop ya from what ya want to do. If you want to write songs about those girls, then that is yer business. Go ahead and do it. The way I see it maybe this can be taken as a message to all the 'heroes' of Travance, that their actions have an effect on the world around them. That the title of hero is a goddamn achievement and not something you can just simply proclaim because ya got shiny weapons and tons of gold. Then your songs can be a warning for others as well not to take the path that those girls took, and that it will be never bring them satisfaction.

Don't let the other towns members bully ya around and start sticking up for yourself. Anyone gives you trouble then just headbutt them in the groin. You're in perfect range for that.

~Albert
OOG: Daniel B.
  • Edward Walker
27 May 2013 14:50 #26 by Edward Walker (Liam)
Replied by Edward Walker (Liam) on topic Writers and Informants Needed for a Project
Town Guard, find and arrest the person who posted the prior note. Besmirching of Nobility will not be tolerated.

Anyone who assists in the arrest shall be rewarded.

Doctor Edward D. Walker

OOG:
Liam Neary
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
27 May 2013 15:10 #27 by Croínamara (Jen)
Sir Argentblade,

As far as I can tell, the post is unmarked and unsigned.
I will bring this before the Knight Captain.

Chancellor of the Arts

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
  • Edward Walker
27 May 2013 15:42 - 27 May 2013 15:45 #28 by Edward Walker (Liam)
Fear not, there are ways around people who attempt to hide behind paper like a coward, or as the writer might put it, "heroic".

This discussion is ended.

Doctor Edward D. Walker

OOG:
Liam Neary
Last edit: 27 May 2013 15:45 by Edward Walker (Liam).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Capt Locke (Jonathon), Gwynedd (Gwynedd)
27 May 2013 17:29 #29 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic Writers and Informants Needed for a Project
'Tis a sad day indeed when I be the voice of reason. Most of these be arguments and carryins on what could be better and quicker solved if'ns they were done in person. Obviously there be differences of opinion, and that's fine. But sure, and it's better t'be comin' from the mouth than the pen.

Pen uses paper, what's expensive-like, and tends t'make matters what should be private into a public spectacle. I'm not sayin' one person be right or be wrong, but there be a lot of folks what're dead now. Lot of kids with no da or or no ma. Lot of parents what lost a son or daughter. Honor them, pray for them, write them down in song and tale. Whatever's most fitting for ye. But lets not be arguin' and fightin' each other in plain view for all t'see, aye?

For the Light and the people,
Brother Bran MacInnes

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
  • Rowan Uidhir
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
27 May 2013 17:38 #30 by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
Good People of Travance!

Please, I beg of you! Cease the fighting here. I wish not for any more trouble to be cast among friends and fellow town members. I love the nobles of our lands and I respect them will all of my being. No one is ordering or bullying me to silence the song; my art is still strong. All I wanted was for some creative assistance to help me make music, not causing controversy and breeding an atmosphere for hurtful words. I only wish to practice my art. I beseech you all, put this to rest. If you have complaints or wish to talk further of these matters, do it on your own time, or on your own posts and not under my missive for assisting writers and musicians.

Signed and Sung with the utmost respect for all.
-Rowan Uidhir

(OOG) Teresa Amore
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.743 seconds