Missing: Alicia Dura

21 Aug 2013 03:27 - 21 Aug 2013 09:17 #1 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Missing: Alicia Dura was created by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
This investigation is currently a [strike]citizens[/strike] subject's investigation bearing no baronial authority. Any and all information would be appreciated-- to be sent by private missive or delivered to my person during feast.
For more information send a private missive to my office and I will hopefully be able to fill any interested persons in on the situation.

With Concern and Vigilance,

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Aug 2013 09:17 by Rudolf (Rudolf).
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
21 Aug 2013 04:48 #2 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Replied by Sindarion (Steven SA) on topic Missing: Alicia Dura
A question:
What makes you think that Ms. Dura is missing? A single month in which an individual has not shown up for a Baronial Feast is hardly cause to panic, nor unheard of. Do you have any other articles of evidence that would give you cause to worry?

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
21 Aug 2013 17:02 #3 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Missing: Alicia Dura
Please forward any and all questions to my personal office. There is only so much that can be disclosed to the public at this time.

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monster Marshal
21 Aug 2013 17:57 #4 by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost)
Replied by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost) on topic Missing: Alicia Dura
I must agree fully with Sindarion, it is not unheard of for people to go missing for extended periods of time. I myself had gotten trapped in a cave in my own lands over last winter and just got back in may. However I am one to lend the helping hand so may I request that you send me the information you have so as I may be of better assistance to your endeavor.

Baht A'tal Damien Mograinne
Champion of Galmachis

OOG Josh LaBar
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
21 Aug 2013 18:05 #5 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Missing: Alicia Dura
Mister Lebastion,
Perhaps if there is confidential information involved that you do not wish the public to know, you should ask assistance from the Baronial Guard. I am not insulting your skills, nor the skills of any that may assist you. However in my experience, in Travance as well as other places, when there is confidential information involved it is dangerous. Therefore I suggest you let Knight Captain Magnus Von Ritter or Vice Captain Oren Tenderson know anything you may have, so that they may assist you or give you suggestions on how to go about this investigation.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jade Peverell (Angel M.)
  • Alex
  • Kingslayer
  • Thank Yous: 206
21 Aug 2013 18:14 #6 by Alex (Wormwood)
Replied by Alex (Wormwood) on topic Missing: Alicia Dura
I may have left her tied up in my basement. I'll double check and get back to you.

-WW

OOG: Alex B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bladesworn (Bladesworn), THENPC (THENPC), Capt Locke (Jonathon), Tim P (OrganicGolem), Ib (Gannon), Aselra Coalbeard (Aselra), Clyde MacIntosh Arkanian (WafflesMcDuff), Narcis (ChrisR)
  • Chryphex
  • Thank Yous: 14
21 Aug 2013 18:49 #7 by Chryphex (Chryphex)
Replied by Chryphex (Chryphex) on topic Missing: Alicia Dura
I hate to say it, Verrill, but I think Sindarion and Gin Yuki are correct. I myself had spent the past 3 weeks looking for her, and despite not finding her, I found no evidence to suggest she was in any sort of danger. Remember, she had gone through a lot the month before she "went missing." She got pulled into the Abyss, for Valos' sake. I talked with Zellara about this and Alicia may just need some time alone. Besides, she isn't a little girl that needs someone to look after her. Alicia is capable of handling herself.

Caleb Jericho
Captain Solomon Thatch
OOG: Michael "Mick" Cucurullo
  • Chryphex
  • Thank Yous: 14
21 Aug 2013 18:53 #8 by Chryphex (Chryphex)
Replied by Chryphex (Chryphex) on topic Missing: Alicia Dura
And there better not be anything in your godsforsaken basement.

Caleb Jericho
Captain Solomon Thatch
OOG: Michael "Mick" Cucurullo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena)
21 Aug 2013 19:11 - 22 Aug 2013 08:25 #9 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
I appreciate the opinions presented, and I have consulted Mr. Cooper but I am awaiting reply. I hope to work very closely with the guard, if I am not given authority at my station to carry out the investigation with any baronial authority.

I even appreciated Orias' touching attempt to bring levity to this distressing situation.

I am fully aware that Ms. Dura's is very much capable of handling herself. I am fully aware that [strike]citizens[/strike] subjects may take their leave of Travance for months at a time. This changes nothing.

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monster Marshal
Last edit: 22 Aug 2013 08:25 by Rudolf (Rudolf).
  • Albert
  • Just a healer.
  • Thank Yous: 88
21 Aug 2013 19:38 #10 by Albert (deatharcana)
Replied by Albert (deatharcana) on topic Missing: Alicia Dura
If I may, Verrill...

Alicia is much capable of handling herself than others give her credit for. She is a respectable healer and a strong willed individual. I can certainly attest to that. For months I tried to forsake our friendship. I've pushed her away, broke her heart, and even betrayed her expectations. Terrible, terrible things.

But not once did she give up on me. She has shown me a kindness that I will never forgot, a kindness I feel I don't deserve. She has proven that she can be strong in the toughest of situations. I will never be able to atone for the way I have treated her, but Alicia has shown a strength that few possess. A power to forgive.

Just as she put her faith in me, I will put my faith in her. I suggest you to do the same.

~Albert
OOG: Daniel B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arden (Shelby)
21 Aug 2013 21:07 #11 by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost)
Replied by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost) on topic Missing: Alicia Dura
Albert, no doubt Alicia is a respectable healer and strong of character but alas Verrill is only looking out for one he cares about and unless you have useful information into his endeavor I suggest slighting him should be kept to a more private form of communication.

Baht A'tal Damien Mograinne
Champion of Galmachis

OOG Josh LaBar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
21 Aug 2013 22:23 #12 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
I couldn't have put it better Wyen.

And Albert, I will be contacting you soon.

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monster Marshal
  • Ib
  • Thank Yous: 37
21 Aug 2013 22:49 #13 by Ib (Gannon)
Replied by Ib (Gannon) on topic Missing: Alicia Dura
Since when is someone missing for a somewhat extended period a big deal? Its not like there there isn't a whole other side of the rift to be on. Maybe she went sightseeing.

~X. M.

Ib Flett
Asbjorn Vigdisson

OOC - Gannon Shanley
21 Aug 2013 22:54 #14 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
~X.M. All questions are to be forwarded to my office private office.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monster Marshal
  • Ib
21 Aug 2013 23:14 #15 by Ib (Gannon)
If only you had specified what "personal office" you hold, maybe I could send more rhetorical questions your way. As a captain of a ship that I assume is at sea between feasts, shall I send missive via carrier seagull to randomly scour the seas to find where your ship is located?

~X. M.

Ib Flett
Asbjorn Vigdisson

OOC - Gannon Shanley
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen), Fortier (Greysect), Chryphex (Chryphex)
22 Aug 2013 02:04 #16 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Simply find a representative or employee of the White Lotus Trade Fleet, and they will see the letter safely into my hands. I do fear for the lives of pigeons sent to sea in a mad quest to find my vessel with not a single direction...

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monster Marshal
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
22 Aug 2013 10:09 - 22 Aug 2013 10:50 #17 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic Re:Re: Missing: Alicia Dura
I believe what X means, is, how does one post mail directly to your station. We already know it is to be addressed to you, but the question is where. Instead, could you not give us a port you frequent, or a town where your 'trade company' has a storefront? In terms of finding those to pass along information, if this is so private, how can you trust a rather large (I'm assuming) company of people to contact you, or not to read such privileged information first? While I'm sure you're honourable, many are not so.

[strike]I do hope you find your lost puppy. I was always told dogs on ships are a waste of food, but you seem prosperous enough. To each their own.[/strike]
I was just informed it is a person and not a pet that you seek. I suggest you let her be the adult she is so keen on being and find her own way back. She likely has no need for a dog, either.

-Rose

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
Last edit: 22 Aug 2013 10:50 by Rudolf (Rudolf).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Albert (deatharcana)
22 Aug 2013 21:12 #18 by Alexander Silvers (Silversupremacy)
Replied by Alexander Silvers (Silversupremacy) on topic Missing: Alicia Dura
you can always hire on the white lotus trading company to find said missing person, for you ill even have the service provided at a discount and as such I can promise you no matter what gruesomely horrible death she may have suffered, or disgusting disfigurement she may have endured we will be certain to report every detail so as to make certain there are no misunderstandings, leading you to perform some act you may regret as you have in the past.

ps. for an additional fee we can even return the remains to you

Alexander Wilhelm Silvers IV,
Silvers-Family Heir
Vassal to Dregamire

OOC: Greg Henschel
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
22 Aug 2013 21:28 #19 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Missing: Alicia Dura
It is my experience that those who claim the grandest titles are usually those with the least reason to lay claim to them.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: GinGinny GinRum (Pyai), Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
22 Aug 2013 21:57 #20 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
I couldn't agree more master Haroldson, it is why I am but the humble captain to a mercantile vessel, and a loyal consultant to the guard and claim no false authority.

I thank you for offering me our services Admiral Knight.

When it comes to my station, we are a trading company. In that our infrastructure for communication leads little to be desired. It would seem this dialogue has been lost in the details. I thank you for your concern Rose. I will take all my canine based consultation to you from this point on in the investigation. It is your decision to entrust me with any information in regards to this investigation, as any news that reaches me will find its way into the hands of Lt. Cooper.

If you do not trust me with this information? If you do not care about this investigation? If you think there is nothing amiss? Move along, otherwise forward any and all questions to my private office. Since I have had to take the time to explain the basics of nautical communication I'd hope this will be well illustrated to all parties.

Yours in Vigilance and Concern

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monster Marshal
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
22 Aug 2013 22:32 #21 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic Missing: Alicia Dura
It seems you misunderstand, Verrill. I am saying that if you cannot entrust additional information to this body of people whom you request help from, and to whom you are, for all intents and purposes, privatising in this endeavor, how can you trust those whose hands information would flow through?

For example. I learn something of great import of your mistress. I pass this along, via note (sealed or not makes no difference, there are plenty who have talents to work around such things), and sailor 1 reads it. So does dockhand 2. As does bosun, where he leaves it in your stateroom. Each of these men then disseminates this information to others around them. The purpose of your mysteriousness is all for naught, suddenly, as every sailor and dockhand this side of the rift (and likely beyond) speaks of your unrequited search for a young damsel not even your own.

If you wish information, then pass information. If you are simply going to hand it all to Mr. Cooper, then why not just have us give it to him so the man can do his job? Cut out the middleman (well, middlemen, here) and you save yourself your precious secrecy whilst allowing Mr. Cooper to act on any knowledge with immediacy.

I know quite a bit about communication upon the seas, as it happens, and while you lack in actually having informed us, I can say that you do seem to understand it is a messy and timely process. To which I ask - how long are you currently at port, that you have time to send someone all the way into the proper and respond? I do hope business isn't slow.

Good luck on your search. And I wouldn't take Mr. Lucius up on his offer, were I you. If the girl has not responded yet, she is either dead or does not want to be found. The former is sometimes easiest not to know, and the latter will make her revile you all the more should you disrespect it, when she returns.

-Rose

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
22 Aug 2013 22:41 #22 by Aselra Coalbeard (Aselra)
Replied by Aselra Coalbeard (Aselra) on topic Missing: Alicia Dura
Lucius, cowards don't offer help. Remember?

Aselra Coalbeard

Aselra Coalbeard
-
Kyna Stormgaard

OOG:
Melissa Malave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Onca (Lorelai)
22 Aug 2013 22:59 #23 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Rose,

Sadly business is good so I can not take the time to speak on every point in your note at length.

I will simply say this;
-I will not discuss matters openly, that may very well be private in a public venue out of respect for all involved.
-I thank you for taking such a keen interest in this whole matter and opening this as a dialogue on the philosophical quandary of the middle man.
-I trust my crew.
-I am done answering questions in this public venue. Thank you for your time.

With Care and Vigilance,

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monster Marshal
22 Aug 2013 23:07 #24 by Father Nikolai (ertsyperts)
Replied by Father Nikolai (ertsyperts) on topic Missing: Alicia Dura
Captain Verril,

We are hardly acquaintances but nonetheless I offer my assistance. My crew is relatively able-bodied if a tad lazy. If you have anything that can assist in the search then please forward it to me.

Dr. James DeMontfort III
Captain of the Lusty Wench

Father Nikolai

Matthew E.
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
23 Aug 2013 00:07 #25 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Missing: Alicia Dura
Mister Lebastion, do you not see the cream of the jest in referring to yourself as a House Elder Perhaps yours is a young House, and thus its Elders are not so elderly.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: THENPC (THENPC), Moirya (Moirya)
29 Aug 2013 21:46 - 30 Aug 2013 09:43 #26 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Master Haroldson,
I appreciate your interest in the ranking system of my blossoming brotherhood, but sadly this is not the venue for such a discussion. My comrade and collegue in arms Lars Sirian was responsible for the ranking system, to which we clung closely to his cultural nomenclature.

He is however away on business, standing a vigilant and loyal bodyguard to [strike]Lord[/strike] Ming Na. Upon his return perhaps we may sit down and have an open discussion around perhaps some wine and fine cheeses.

With Prudence and Fortitude,

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monster Marshal
Last edit: 30 Aug 2013 09:43 by Rudolf (Rudolf).
03 Sep 2013 09:58 #27 by Alexander Silvers (Silversupremacy)
Replied by Alexander Silvers (Silversupremacy) on topic Missing: Alicia Dura
this is why you need detailed charts depicting your employees/members, just in case some one asks a question like this you can then reply that its classified information and only a higher ranking member of the organization is privy to it

Alexander Wilhelm Silvers IV,
Silvers-Family Heir
Vassal to Dregamire

OOC: Greg Henschel
  • Ib
03 Sep 2013 23:16 #28 by Ib (Gannon)
So whats the point of having said list?

~X. M.

Ib Flett
Asbjorn Vigdisson

OOC - Gannon Shanley
  • McDermitt
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Youve not even begun to taste my might!
  • Thank Yous: 30
03 Sep 2013 23:38 #29 by McDermitt (Matt Quagz)
Replied by McDermitt (Matt Quagz) on topic Missing: Alicia Dura
This conversation has taken an odd turn.

Lucius Knight you seem to have little knowledge or respect for the art of bounty hunting, something I take great pride in. In all my years of service I have never once offered an"additional fee" to "return the remains" to a client.
This disgusts me.

Captain Lebastion,
If you are truly concerned for this girls safety , you may seek me or my squire out this moon and we will help you at no cost.

Sir Slack McDermitt the Boar
Knight of Travance
Steward of Valdalis

oog-Matt Q
04 Sep 2013 09:15 #30 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Honorable Sir,

It is comforting to hear that within the barony that exalts compassion and community there is some to be found without opening ones coffer. If you can spare any time this upcoming feast I would be honored by your assistance in this trying task.

In Vigilance and Concern

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monster Marshal
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.781 seconds