Banquet Announcements – Important

• Casandra
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Let me take you on a journey like no other...
  • Thank Yous: 206
28 Dec 2010 12:41 - 28 Dec 2010 12:51 #1 by Casandra (Casandra)
Banquet Announcements – Important was created by Casandra (Casandra)
James will be posting more tonight when he gets home, but asked me to put this up for now:

Banquet
Date:  Saturday, Jan. 1, 2011
Time: 7:00pm - PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE BEFORE 5:00PM on Saturday, January 1st.

Staying over at the camp:
You may stay over AFTER the banquet (not before it on Dec. 31st, New Year’s Eve)
All of the buildings will be open for sleeping space if needed, but is first come, first served.
James will be busy, so please don’t expect him to save spaces for you.

There will be a sign up list at the Main Hall. You must let us know where you are staying.
Everyone that stays must sign a list
You will be expected to clean up any space you stay in so that it is ready for the next weekend’s tenants and be packed up and ready to leave by noon on Sunday.

More later...
Thanks!

Casandra Blackthorne
Lady of Alisandria

Merchant and Professional Absintheur
Black Orchid Merchant Company

Last edit: 28 Dec 2010 12:51 by .
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
30 Dec 2010 22:49 #2 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Banquet Announcements – Important
SP AUCTIONS
The brackets this year will be: 1 - 10,000 // 10,000 - 30,000 // and 30,000 +

SIGN-IN
Sign-in will be held from 5:00-7:00. Please be sure that you have arrived by then.  I do realize that some of you have to be late because of special circumstances. Sign-in must go as quick as possible. There will be a table in front of the room. At the table, everyone should form a line and have their money ready. After you pay you'll shift over to the right and one person will give you your card; shift to the right again and one person will sign your card for the build and give you your auction tickets.

AUCTION TICKETS
You get one for coming and four extra for each point of build you purchase.. If you wish you may purchase more for one dollar each. Make sure you separate all your tickets and write your name on the back of each one of them before putting them into one of the three containers.

PLEASE LISTEN
With so many people it can be hard to hear what's going on if your talking, and that's fine as long as no one is speaking at the microphone. Please, whenever you hear someone speaking at the microphone please, immediately get quiet and listen. This is extremely important for both the flow of the ceremonies and the respect given to the speaker. I can't stress this enough. We didn't have a problem with this at all in previous years, and Id like it to remain that way. Thanks for your cooperation in this.

TIME
It starts at 7pm. You can come to sign in as early as 5:00. Please, be there on time! Try to factor possible traffic into your travel schedule to be safe. The banquet is four hours from 7pm to 11pm, and everything is fit into a tight time schedule. If you arrive after 7:30 you will start to miss VERY important aspects of the banquet and if you come even later than that you may miss the dinner. So please make every possibly effort to be at this function on time.  If you are nominated for an award and will be late please make sure I know so I can push back that particular award until after you arrive. 

COMMON COURTESY
This is definately an event to have a blast and talk with all of your friends. And for 75% of the event it's expected and encouraged. However, please make sure that when someone steps up to the microphone and begins to speak, (especially for the awards part of it) you give that speaker your utmost respect by paying attention and listening quietly.

STAYING OVER NIGHT
If you are not staying over night, we ask that you depart the campground shortly after the banquet is over. Space is first come first serve, and I will not be able to save anyone sleeping spaces.  If you are staying over, please be sure to lend a hand in the morning cleaning up before you go. If in doubt on what to do, please ask me.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
31 Dec 2010 09:31 #3 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Banquet Announcements – Important
Announcing The Winner
You might be chosen to come to the floor and read the envelope for an award. If this happens, please make sure that you do so in the following manor:
“The nominees for (name award) are… (Read each name clearly and loudly and wait for applause for each nominee),
"and the winner is…” then open envelope and read winner. 

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.431 seconds