"Week in the Life" Event Details

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
09 May 2011 20:24 - 09 May 2011 20:48 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
"Week in the Life" Event Details was created by Gallion (Gallion)
[size=14pt]"Week in the Life" Event[/size]

As this special event gets close we wanted to release some more information about it so that interested players can begin to properly plan ahead.

Cost and Build:
Extended Portion (Wed Night - Friday Afternoon):
PCs: $40 (4 Build) (+2 Optional Build, $10 each) - The entire extended portion is purchased as a block, regardless of the amount of time you will be on-site.  You do not need to be present to purchase this.
Additional PCs: ($20, extra build is free if purchased for first character)
NPC: Free +4 build (+2 Optional Build, $10 each)

Regular Portion (Friday Night - Sunday):
Per normal weekend event.  This is in addition to the Extended Portion of the event.

NPC Duty
2 Hour Mandatory, +1 build for each additional 2 hour slot, up to 2 slots, Each additional slot after that is +500 SP.

Regular Portion (Friday Night - Sunday):
Per normal weekend event.  This is in addition to the Extended Portion of the event.

Character Cards/ Periods
Those who take part in the extended event portion of the event will be given a second character card of another color, representing the four periods for that portion of the event.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Last edit: 09 May 2011 20:48 by .
09 May 2011 21:19 #2 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic "Week in the Life" Event Details
Will fates last the whole week in the life and weekend following it?

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
  • Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
09 May 2011 21:40 #3 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic "Week in the Life" Event Details
Several Questions...

1) Event-Based Skills (Promo's, Luck, ect...) will they refresh at the beginning of the normal event (Friday Night) or will they be expended for the duration of the entire weekend?

2) How will pricing work for 1st time players?

3) How will arrival and check-in work for players arriving on Friday for the normal event portion?

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
09 May 2011 21:41 #4 by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli)
Replied by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli) on topic "Week in the Life" Event Details
I just looked over it, does that mean the 5 day event is going to be $85 for all five days? or is the $40 for Wed-Friday Afternoon optional?

[Kamei Kunsai, Vassal and Health Administer of Kaladonia]
[Luminista Petsho-Aeislin]

(oog: Shannon F.)
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
09 May 2011 22:02 #5 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic "Week in the Life" Event Details
Keep the questions coming - we'll post answers on mechanics closer to the event.

Shannon - You can choose to attend one part, the other, or both, and pay appropriately.  So you can pay for the normal weekend ($45), the Extended Portion only ($40), or both ($85).  You don't need to be there to pay for them and get the build, however - you can "back-buy" like for other special events.  (So you can show up for just the weekend, but spend the extra $40 for the +4 build.)

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Kleidin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 152
09 May 2011 22:13 #6 by Kleidin (Kleidin)
Replied by Kleidin (Kleidin) on topic "Week in the Life" Event Details
what will be the policy regarding the kitchen?

Will there be a 'called' making food for meals during Wed-Friday?

Lady Kleidin du Tenkukai Weaveforger Laurent-Belmont of Kaladonia
Master Witch Hunter, and Elder Druid
OOG: Diane Sodher
09 May 2011 22:14 #7 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic "Week in the Life" Event Details
Build amount question.

Extended Portion gets us 4 build +2 optional purchased, and the weekend is as per normal event. Does that mean we can also buy the normal +1 optional build for the weekend itself, technically allowing us to purchase an extra +3 build for the entire event?

Related question: will there be extra SP conversion for the Extended Portion or just the normal for a regular event?

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
  • Belegchand
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
09 May 2011 23:12 #8 by Belegchand (mcalo)
Replied by Belegchand (mcalo) on topic "Week in the Life" Event Details

NPC Duty
2 Hour Mandatory, +1 build for each additional 2 hour slot, up to 2 slots, Each additional slot after that is +500 SP.

Can people who attend only the weekend portion take advantage of the additional build for 2 hour slots of NPCing, in other words NPCing 8 hours during the weekend (4 normal, 4 more for the +2 build)?

OOG: Matt Calo - Marshal
09 May 2011 23:13 #9 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic "Week in the Life" Event Details
Due to my work schedule I only might be able to make Thursday or Wednesday of the extended part, will I be allowed to NPC just for the one day or will I need to be there for the full weekend?

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 May 2011 23:43 #10 by
Replied by on topic "Week in the Life" Event Details
So if my math is correct and you buy everything out it's $105, which buys you 6 build for the extra days and w/e your normal build it. That's a lot of money and for something that is not tangible.
The banquet was $70 maxed out and if i recall you got 9 build and a self teach skill. Is there a self teach skill for this $85-$105, is there food provided during the 1st extra portion? Just wanted to know.
10 May 2011 00:31 #11 by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen)
Replied by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen) on topic "Week in the Life" Event Details

So if my math is correct and you buy everything out it's $105, which buys you 6 build for the extra days and w/e your normal build it. That's a lot of money and for something that is not tangible.
The banquet was $70 maxed out and if i recall you got 9 build and a self teach skill. Is there a self teach skill for this $85-$105, is there food provided during the 1st extra portion? Just wanted to know.

You're looking at this as money = build, which is erroneous.  It's money = event.  It's not $105 for 6 buld, it's $105 for 85 hours worth of an event and staying at the camp, which IS tangible.

Sean

Skimmel
RP Marshal, Rules Marshal, Storyteller
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
10 May 2011 06:49 #12 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic "Week in the Life" Event Details
Let me attempt to answer some of these questions

1)Fates will work in your favor. meaning If you buy a fate on Wed, it will last the entire event. We have to be sure to write the fate on both of your cards though.

2)Event based skills will work in your favor. Meaning, they will be allowed to refresh per card.

3)Pricing for first time players will work as it always has been 1/2 price for your first event. In this case, I will extend the discount to the full fee for the event, if they are paying for both parts of the event.

4) The extended portion of the event will last until Friday at 2pm. At 2pm a hold will be called and the extended portion will be over, and the regular event will start at around 9pm Friday night. This will allow for regular event arrival and checkin.

5) Geoff's answer to Shannon was correct

6) Food and Kitchen details are still being worked out. Sorry for the delay.

7) For the regular portion of the event you can purchase the additional +1 build as per normal.

8 ) As another incentive for the extended portion of the event, you will be allowed to convert SP for that separately from the regular portion of the event. For the extended portion you can convert 200 SP to 2 build regardless of character blanket.

9) The build for additional NPC slots are only valid for the extended portion of the event, as we will be in more of a demand for NPCs at that time.

10) You are allowed to sporadically attend the extended portion of the event. Meaning if you can show up wed night, but then have work thursday morning until thursday night you can then come back thursday night etc...  If you are PC'ing you obviously still get all the benefits. If you are NPC'ing, you might get a little less in the way of compensation, its only fair that someone NPC'ing the whole thing gets more compensation than someone NPC'ing less than half of it. We can evaluate each situation individually and scale appropriately.

11) I suck at math, but my calculations came out to 13 build to a high level character who maxes out, and 15 if you put in some extra NPC time in the extended portion. The calculations come out to even more build for characters that are at less then 10 events. Theres no self teach mainly because the extended portion is intended to be laid back and should provide plenty of time to teach/learn. We will attempt go out of the way to provide teachers for characters attending this portion of the event if we can.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
  • Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
10 May 2011 10:07 #13 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic "Week in the Life" Event Details
Further Questions:

Will learning done during the Extended Portion be available to use during the Main Portion?  Instead of a Self-Teach this seems like a great incentive to get out there for the Extended Periods and really hit some big Teaching RP.

If you arrive for the Normal Portion and Backbuy the Extended Portion, can you still convert the extra 2 Service Point Build?

Will Wild Mage Spell Lists be the only list you recieve for both the Extended and the Regular portion?  What about Boom Packets?  Is what you are given on Wednesday going to be all you have for the entire 5 days?

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
  • Belegchand
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
10 May 2011 10:19 #14 by Belegchand (mcalo)
Ok, this is going to sound overly complex, but here it goes:

Pat the PC cannot attend the extended portion of the June event because he needs to work.  However, he gets off of work around 6:30 and can be at Camp Sac by 8:00.  Can Pat pay to PC the extended portion, then NPC the first 2-Hour shift of the extended portion (thus fulfilling his NPC shift), leaving to go home so he can get to work, come back the next night, NPC from 8 PM to 12 AM to get the +2 build, and leave again to get home for work on Friday, and then (finally), come up Friday night and play for the whole weekend, NPCing a shift as per the usual rules?

Again, this is highly specific to me, and it honestly is me just trying to get the two extra build (hey, that can be a whole new spell or two more uses of create scroll or two new lits!), but I figured it was worth the attempt, due to the odd nature of this event.

• Erdrick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 161
10 May 2011 10:35 #15 by Erdrick (Erdrick)
Replied by Erdrick (Erdrick) on topic "Week in the Life" Event Details

Ok, this is going to sound overly complex, but here it goes:

Pat the PC cannot attend the extended portion of the June event because he needs to work.  However, he gets off of work around 6:30 and can be at Camp Sac by 8:00.  Can Pat pay to PC the extended portion, then NPC the first 2-Hour shift of the extended portion (thus fulfilling his NPC shift), leaving to go home so he can get to work, come back the next night, NPC from 8 PM to 12 AM to get the +2 build, and leave again to get home for work on Friday, and then (finally), come up Friday night and play for the whole weekend, NPCing a shift as per the usual rules?

Again, this is highly specific to me, and it honestly is me just trying to get the two extra build (hey, that can be a whole new spell or two more uses of create scroll or two new lits!), but I figured it was worth the attempt, due to the odd nature of this event.

Yes you could do as you describe here.

Lord Erdrick Brightstar
Guardian of Belladeen
(Samuel Roberts)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ming Na (Ming Na)
  • Belegchand
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
10 May 2011 10:36 #16 by Belegchand (mcalo)

Yes you could do as you describe here.

Sweet! I know one person who's doing a lot of driving that week  ;D

• rivanyasi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Opportunity lets you find, Skill lets you procure.
  • Thank Yous: 42
10 May 2011 14:05 #17 by rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
Replied by rivanyasi (rivanyasi) on topic "Week in the Life" Event Details
If you attend both portions of the event, will you need to do two shifts of Camp Cleanup as well? I don't expect Cabin Cleanup can be done twice, but...

Na'ar Chacov, Soul of the Stars.

Ayiri Amexis, Sorceress' Apprentice.
Lupta Tamasa, Torn and Blackened.

OOG: Riva A.
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
10 May 2011 14:28 #18 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic "Week in the Life" Event Details
You mentioned you would go out of the way to send teachers out if needed. Should we message someone about what teachers are needed, especially in the case of a higher list, our speak to a marshall at the event?

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
10 May 2011 14:39 #19 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)

If you attend both portions of the event, will you need to do two shifts of Camp Cleanup as well? I don't expect Cabin Cleanup can be done twice, but...

We're not planning on packing up, and then unpacking again, on Friday. ;)

That being said, we ARE asking people to maintain clean cabins and atmosphere during the whole event.  This is a chance to decorate and show off your IG home - please don't wreck it with flats of soda and candy wrappers!

Steward of Elvalion
10 May 2011 14:46 #20 by Seiya Harnith (Seiya Harnith)
Replied by Seiya Harnith (Seiya Harnith) on topic "Week in the Life" Event Details
If I use this as an excuse to start an alt and my SP rollover is 4, do I get the 400 sp converstion or the 200 sp conversation for the extended portion?

If I pay to play PC and NPC the entire extended portion, what is the rate of SP/Build or are you just giving 250 sp an hour in totality?

We stand together my brothers. We live and die by our blood. No mage will ever change that.

OOG: Daniel "Chance" Osmun
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
10 May 2011 14:48 - 10 May 2011 15:18 #21 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic "Week in the Life" Event Details
To echo Geoff's comment about unsightly garbage and paraphenelia, I think its appropriate to refer people to this section of the rule book on IG and OOG items (and the rules related to them) as a reminder, now that its getting warmer and there is so much more room to maintain decorated areas and keep inappropriate items hidden:

www.knightrealms.com/component/content/a...ms-and-lighting.html

There is also this Role-play article with some handy tips, tricks, and important rules about food packaging, written a few years back:

www.knightrealms.com/role-playing/226-th...phere-of-arawyn.html

(Some tecnicalities may be out of date, but everything else should still be applicable!)

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
Last edit: 10 May 2011 15:18 by .
10 May 2011 16:33 - 10 May 2011 16:37 #22 by FreeCookiesforU (FreeCookiesforU)
Replied by FreeCookiesforU (FreeCookiesforU) on topic "Week in the Life" Event Details
Since there is a greater demand for NPC's for the extended portion, and since full time NPC's during standard events of the same duration would be awarded 500 SP (300 after build conversion) and an equal number of build...

Could there be a SP reward for those who choose to full-time NPC the extended portion? That would just bring the full-time NPC award to parity with what one might normally earn (which I suppose would be fair for an equal amount of time spent NPC'ing, minus a feast, and plus higher demand).

-Crispin VanDyke

Christopher K. (AKA "Ginger Guy")
Last edit: 10 May 2011 16:37 by .
10 May 2011 19:59 #23 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic "Week in the Life" Event Details

Will learning done during the Extended Portion be available to use during the Main Portion? 

If this is the case, Can I learn Rank 2 spell/Prayer and then learn rank 3 at the regular event

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
10 May 2011 20:17 #24 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic "Week in the Life" Event Details
Correct me if I am misunde3rstanding, Ann, but the real question is if a skill that is a pre-req is learned in part one, can the skill to which it is the pre-req be learned in part II?

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
10 May 2011 20:23 #25 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Learning will be for the whole weekend, as one event - if you learn any skills, you will not be able to use them until they July event, as normal.

Remember that the intent of this event is NOT two back-to-back regular events - this is supposed to be the every-day life leading up to a Baronial Feast.  It's not a separate event as far as your PCs are concerned, although we're breaking it up into sections for the purposes of paying, and gaining build.  Your character would still need to practice, etc. between events like they normally would.

Also, the other intent of this event is that it gives you a chance to do all the things you don't normally get a chance to do, due to plot, NPCs, etc., such as talk to your teachers.  We highly encourage you to attempt to find teachers In-Game first, and role-play with them as normal.  If there's no one available to teach you, approach a Staff member, and we'll look into it.  (For example - we won't send a teacher out for 1HE, Literacy, etc. - they're easy to find.)  We will not cheapen good role-play by sending out an NPC teacher to bypass a PC in the town, if one is available.

(Also, if you piss off your teacher In-Game, we will not cover for you and send out another one.  There are consequences for your actions.  :P )

Steward of Elvalion
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
10 May 2011 20:25 #26 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)

If I use this as an excuse to start an alt and my SP rollover is 4, do I get the 400 sp converstion or the 200 sp conversation for the extended portion?

8 ) As another incentive for the extended portion of the event, you will be allowed to convert SP for that separately from the regular portion of the event. For the extended portion you can convert 200 SP to 2 build regardless of character blanket.

The extended portion is separate from the Weekend, so you could convert 200 for the Extended portion, and an additional 400 for the weekend, for a total of 600 SP / 6 Build.

If I pay to play PC and NPC the entire extended portion, what is the rate of SP/Build or are you just giving 250 sp an hour in totality?

I'll defer to James on this one.

Steward of Elvalion
  • Malyc
  • Blue Blaze Irregular
  • Thank Yous: 0
11 May 2011 23:47 #27 by Malyc (Malyc)
Replied by Malyc (Malyc) on topic "Week in the Life" Event Details
Is higher list learning working the same, in that I can only learn one higher list skill through the entire event (and buy another use of one I already have)?

Malyc Weavewarden

(Jeramy you dolt!)
  • rivanyasi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Opportunity lets you find, Skill lets you procure.
  • Thank Yous: 42
12 May 2011 03:44 #28 by rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
Replied by rivanyasi (rivanyasi) on topic "Week in the Life" Event Details
What will the limits on being pulled out of Crit be?

Na'ar Chacov, Soul of the Stars.

Ayiri Amexis, Sorceress' Apprentice.
Lupta Tamasa, Torn and Blackened.

OOG: Riva A.
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
12 May 2011 07:35 #29 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
We're working out details now, a full list will be posted soon.

Steward of Elvalion
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
12 May 2011 21:05 #30 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
[size=18pt]Rules Logistics for the "Week in the Life" event[/size]

The following conditions and modifiers will apply to the rules for the Week in the Life event.  For the most part, these are designed to give the most benefit to the player, while still maintaining game balance, and ease of logistics, during the event.
  • All per-event abilities (skills, invokeable effects, abilities that bring you out of Critical, etc.) reset on Friday during the hold, and may be used again during the normal weekend portion.
  • All abilities that last more than one period last the entire duration of the Week in the Life event (Valence spells, benefits from Mass, Fates, Traps that have been set during the extended portion, etc.).
  • All abilities that last the duration of "the event" last for both portions of the Week in the Life event (Rituals, etc.).
  • Abilities that are used at check-in may be used at BOTH check-ins, on Wednesday night and Friday night (Loan Shark, Smuggling, etc.).

The following rules are exceptions or clarifications to the above:
  • All lasting changes and notes to your character should be made on the regular character card, including learning skills & points.  The "extended" card will not be turned in at the end of the event.  Effects that cover both portions of the event should be written on both cards.
  • Skills, Abilities, and Point learned during the extended portion of the event are still being learned for the rest of the event - they may not be used on the weekend portion (i.e. - your card is not updated between portions of the event).
  • Learning Higher List Skills: You may learn one new, and one aready learned higher list skill during each portion of the event.  You MUST be present and role-play the learning at that portion of the event to make use of this!  (i.e. - if you do not learn the new skill during the extended portion, you cannot learn two new skills, even if you were present for it).
  • Fates may only be purchased once for the whole event.  Those with lasting effects last the whole Week in the Life event, those that let you purchase something (Trinket, Materials, Skills) may only be purchased once.  If you choose not to buy them during the extended portion (or earn SP you want to spend), you may purchase them at the Friday check-in.
  • Commodity Cards and Lifestyle build may only be collected and turned in once during the Week in the Life event.
  • Wild Mages: Wild Mages will have their spells re-randomized during the hold on Friday.  Wild Mage Packets will also refresh during this time.
[hr]

Details on the Kitchen will be posted in the next few days.

Steward of Elvalion
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.961 seconds