March 2014 Rulebook Update - Need your help to proofread!

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
24 Feb 2014 20:06 - 24 Feb 2014 20:08 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
March 2014 Rulebook Update - Need your help to proofread! was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
The March 2014 edition of the Core Rulebook is about ready to go... but I need your help!

With the massive about of changes since the last official release, I am sure I missed something, somewhere - a reference, a typo, etc. I would like to ask the help of the KR community to pour over this copy, look for issues, and post them here so I can fix them by next weekend.

This is not the final copy - please don't print it unless you plan on tossing it out in a week! You can still print it, then mark it up, highlight it, doddle images of Xualla in it, etc., just be aware it's going to be outdated in 7 days. ;)

If you find an error / issue, please post it below this, with the page number so I can find it and quickly fix it.

www.knightrealms.com/documents/rulebook/...ok-2014-03-proof.pdf

Known Issues with this copy - the Examples in "Making a Character" section still assumes 10 Build and 1st level - I have yet to change that, because it's a big change, and I wanted to get that out first.

Thank you for your help!

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
Last edit: 24 Feb 2014 20:08 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller).
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
24 Feb 2014 20:48 #2 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic March 2014 Rulebook Update - Need your help to proofread!
What we're looking for:
  • Typos
  • Rules that have changed
  • Rules that no longer exist
  • References to things that have changed
  • Rules that belong in another section (i.e. - I already moved the Armor rules out of Smithing, and into Armor itself, where it belongs).

What we are NOT looking for:
  • This rule is missing traits (That is a separate issue, we'll handle that later)
  • This rule sucks, needs to change
  • I have an idea for a new rule
  • Can we add a rule for?

Steward of Elvalion
24 Feb 2014 21:21 #3 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic March 2014 Rulebook Update - Need your help to proofread!
Weapon Prof +1: Remove handedness

-OOG Michael Smith
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
24 Feb 2014 21:31 #4 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic March 2014 Rulebook Update - Need your help to proofread!
Page 21 under "Select profession..." second paragraph, "...the same skills 9such as..."

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
24 Feb 2014 22:01 - 24 Feb 2014 22:02 #5 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic March 2014 Rulebook Update - Need your help to proofread!
I am not sure if it matters, but the page numbers listed in the Index do not line up with any of the sections. For example it says the section on Wild Mages starts on 226 when it actually starts on 241 (The whole book is like this, but I'm just curious as to the 'why' maybe.)

Also, those rules for surges and stuff stopped existing the first event I played Ilana. (Page 242-243)

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 24 Feb 2014 22:02 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
24 Feb 2014 22:16 #6 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic March 2014 Rulebook Update - Need your help to proofread!
Page Numbers - I need to re-run the Table of Contents updater, thank you.

Steward of Elvalion
  • Kleidin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 152
24 Feb 2014 22:19 #7 by Kleidin (Kleidin)
Replied by Kleidin (Kleidin) on topic March 2014 Rulebook Update - Need your help to proofread!
Master Warrior - most skills need the melee trait removed

Lady Kleidin du Tenkukai Weaveforger Laurent-Belmont of Kaladonia
Master Witch Hunter, and Elder Druid
OOG: Diane Sodher
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
24 Feb 2014 22:20 #8 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Master Warrior isn't in this rulebook...

Steward of Elvalion
24 Feb 2014 22:56 #9 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic March 2014 Rulebook Update - Need your help to proofread!
Page: 22 Still says : Regardless of how much build the character starts with, all normal limits (such build spent on body
per level) apply at character creation

But page 31 says: There is no limit to how much build may be spent on body at any point in a characterā€™s life span,
including at creation

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
24 Feb 2014 22:58 #10 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic March 2014 Rulebook Update - Need your help to proofread!
Page 31 also states: You begin the game with one free profession and 10 free build. You are considered to be 1st level.

Shouldn't this be updated to 50 build and 5th level.

Caldor Eirson,

Vintner

~~~~~~
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

~~~~~~~
24 Feb 2014 23:00 #11 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Also page 31: For example, if you wished to purchase 4th rank poison, you would have to
be 7th level or higher and possess poisons rank 1-3

4th Rank poison is now level 9.

Caldor Eirson,

Vintner

~~~~~~
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

~~~~~~~
24 Feb 2014 23:13 #12 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Page 21: You will have to get approval before playing certain races, due to the rarity of the race or intense
role-playing requirements. These races include Dark Elf, Hobgoblin, and Jaxuarian.

According to this post: www.knightrealms.com/forum/Announcements...ped-races.html#86287
The races are Dark Elves, Londwynians, Sylphs and Jaxuarians. and pre-approval is no longer needed.

Caldor Eirson,

Vintner

~~~~~~
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

~~~~~~~
24 Feb 2014 23:26 #13 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Page 26: You must turn the cards into either any offcer, or the RP deputy, to receive your build

Shouldn't this list RP marshals?

Page 29: For example, your frst three purchases of strength are 15 build each, however your fourth purchase
of strength will cost you 30 build. Similarly your frst three purchases of Weapon Profciency 1HE
will cost 10 build each, but the fourth purchase will cost 20 build.

Should this include that a Strength or Proficiency received from a racial list does not count towards this computation?

Page 55: still states the old rule: BPs can then be purchased in the separate profession lists. Warriors purchase body points at a rate of 1 build for 3 BP. Mages purchase body at a rate of 1 build for 1 body point. Each profession has a maximum amount of build that can be spent purchasing body points each level. Warriors can purchase three build worth per level, while mages can only purchase two

Caldor Eirson,

Vintner

~~~~~~
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
25 Feb 2014 08:31 #14 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Perfect, Jason - that is EXACTLY the kind of feedback I am looking for!

Thank you, and keep them coming!

Steward of Elvalion
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
25 Feb 2014 09:36 #15 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Re:March 2014 Rulebook Update - Need your help to proofread!
Updated version loaded (same link as above)... Keep 'em coming!

Steward of Elvalion
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
25 Feb 2014 11:42 - 27 Feb 2014 19:25 #16 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic Re:March 2014 Rulebook Update - Need your help to proofread!
Page 59, "Rank IV Focus"
"... taking the one-to-three ratio between Healing Points and Faith Points into consideration."
- This should be removed, as there hasn't been a one-to-three ratio in years.

Page 63, "Area Notes"
"The player must fll out the Area Note and secure the signed authorization of a Monster Marshal or Rules Marshal to complete it."
- 'fll' should be 'fill'
- Should this list include Logistics Marshals/should Monster Marshal be replaced on this list with Logistic Marshal?
(cont., pg 64)
"The facilities that Knight Realms uses for its events do not have perfectly mirrored buildings and other areas and therefore you cannot be guaranteed that an Area Note valid for one facility will be valid at another. The Director is the fnal arbiter of what Area Notes can be accommodated at a facility other than the one at which they were issued."
- 'fnal' should be 'final'
- Seems outdated... :P

^I think the words are spelled correctly in the rulebook, but for some reason upon copy/pasting them here the Is following the Fs in words are being deleted.

Page 68, "Runes With Skills and Casted Effects" (cont.)
"You may not invoke more casting points worth of abilities during a period than you have career points on your character card."
- This is potentially confusing to someone with more than one type of career point, I suggest tweaking the wording slightly

"-Individual runes count as individual items (i.e. - you can not use more than one unsocketed rune of a given effect per period, or use them in combination with runes that are socketed in an item)."
- Not sure what that hyphen is doing there in the beginning, unless it was intended to be a separate bullet point.

Page 69, "Bonded Items"
- The title states that items are "bonded" but the text states that items are "bound", which is it? (I would be inclined to think "bound" is correct as the process is referred to as "binding", not "bonding")

Page 71, "NPC Duty and Time Slots"
"Everyone that attends Knight Realms is required to fll a single NPC time slot for the weekend. The only exception for this are Staff Members (who are always on call for other issues), Monster Marshals (who cover their own NPC shift running Logistics), and individuals working the Kitchen that have been approved by the Director to fll their service to the game there instead of NPCing."
- Fill is spelled wrong again but I'm starting to think that's just an issue with my computer.
- Logistic Marshals should be on this list.
(cont. pg 72)
- In the list of shifts, the break between 12-4am and 9am-close Sunday is listed as "Sunday Night Break", should be "Sunday Morning" or "Saturday Night"
- Technically the 2-6am shift is on Saturday and the 12-4am shift is on Sunday?
- There is another list of individuals who are not required to NPC, this should be one list (again, needs Logistic Marshals added to it)

Page 73, "Tips on Being a Successful NPC"
"...or a mindless, but terrifying skeleton."
- There should be a comma after terrifying.

Page 74, "Service Points - Earning SP & Donations"
- There is a chart with the time or money conversion to SP, but no explanation of the chart (i.e. a description of "donating something worth x amount" or "contributing this much time working on something for Knight Realms" is missing and unclear if you don't already know that)

Page 75, "Kitchen Work"
- Seems outdated, we have a Kitchen Deputy and Kitchen Marshals and the section does not reflect that.

Page 83, "Starting Professions"
"Each character race has a list of professions that are available to the race as the frst profession that can be acquired ā€“ either at character creation or learned, if the character begins without a profession."
- Was the option to start without a class removed when the starting level became five?
"All other professions ā€“ except Dragoon, Healer, Psionicist, and Wild Mage ā€“ are available to all races after character creation, except for those listed as Prohibited Professions."
- This text is listed here and under the heading "All Other Professions" nearly identically, which seems redundant.

Page 84, "Role-Playing"
"If there is a reason that you wish your character to deviate from racial role-playing you must frst get approval from the Chief Character Officer."
- Should be "Atmosphere Officer"

Page 260, "Consecration" and page 263 "Tithing" still contain references to the Piety Rating.
- "Disrespect or disregard for the holy symbol can result in a strike against the piety rating of a clergy character, or the un-baptizing of a follower."
- "... all are related purely to the workings of the specifc religious organization and are not connected to the piety system or other religious rules."

Page 264, "Greater Penalties"
"The Ceremony List counts as the Highest possible rank, followed by the Templar list, and than rank 4th to 1st prayers."
- Should be 'then', not 'than'.
- In that same section, the word "and" is missing from all of the lists of skills lost due to a faith penalty. "

Page 264, "Prayers Domains" should be "Prayer Domains"

Page 374, "Dragoon Spirit Colours" is outdated with the addition of the new colours.

Page 379, "Minions"
- Elementals should be removed.

Page 390-394 "Greater Beings"
- The section should be removed, PCs cannot summon these beings anymore.

Page 407 "Staff and Organization"
- The "and" in the title of the section is capitalized and that is bothering me a lot.
- We don't have an Operations Officer (?)

Page 410 "Rules Marshals"
"2. Serve one four-hour shift marshaling game encounters; this shift can be counted as fulflling the
RMs NPC duty requirement."
- This is directly contradicting the NPC Duty section on page 71

There are various places in this section that reference "Monster Officer" or "Logistics Officer" etc. while the "Staff and Organization" section lists them as "Monster Deputy" and "Logistics Deputy."

edits:

Page 44, "Claws and Fists"
"A skill that is weapon specific (such as Weapon Proficiency) may select a single Claw or Fist (left or right, but not both) as its weapon."
- Reference to targeting a specific hand should be removed.

Page 48, "Stacking Armour"
"For example, Armored Adam is wearing a layer of pro-grade metal armor on his upper and lower torso (36 AP, Soak of 2), and a layer of costume-grade Fire Drake scales over the same areas (24 AP, soak of 1, 4 against fire). Adam can choose to take the soak of 2 against normal damage, or 4 against fire-based attacks, but not both. He will still benefit from all 60 AP."
- The example scenario should be updated to reflect the new numbers. Also, costume-grade armour does not bestow a soak.

Page 148, the Mage list has 5th level as a prerequisite for Additional Spheres. Either the level prerequisites need to be adjusted, or "Second Sphere of Magic" should be added separately to the skill list.

(edit again: I realised I had the old rulebook open at the same time as the proof copy and some of these in the later half were referencing those page numbers, they should all be fixed now!)

OOG: Zelda Turqman
Last edit: 27 Feb 2014 19:25 by Nicoletta (fyperia).
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
25 Feb 2014 13:41 #17 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic March 2014 Rulebook Update - Need your help to proofread!
Page 82- Capped Races

It lists a cap on Londwynian, Dark Elves, Sylphs and Jaxuarians.

I had heard there was no longer a cap on Dark Elves- was what I was told wrong or is this a point that needs to be amended?

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
25 Feb 2014 13:47 #18 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic March 2014 Rulebook Update - Need your help to proofread!

JTinney wrote: Page 82- Capped Races

It lists a cap on Londwynian, Dark Elves, Sylphs and Jaxuarians.

I had heard there was no longer a cap on Dark Elves- was what I was told wrong or is this a point that needs to be amended?

None of the races are currently at their cap, but will have a restriction placed on their creation if there are too many of them. (The term "capped race" is a little bit confusing on that point)

• CroĆ­namara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
25 Feb 2014 21:22 #19 by CroĆ­namara (Jen)
Replied by CroĆ­namara (Jen) on topic March 2014 Rulebook Update - Need your help to proofread!
Pg. 23 "You can download a History Worksheet for your convenience. Your character's history must be submitted to
the Director no more than two months after you begin playing it, and must be approved before you
may act upon anything contained in it."
-Is any of this still relevant with all of the submitting changes for character history? also with the new annual updates idea? i haven't read much up on it, but none of it seems to be present here.
-even in the past, weren't they submitted to the Atmosphere officer?

CroĆ­namara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
  • CroĆ­namara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
25 Feb 2014 21:33 #20 by CroĆ­namara (Jen)
Replied by CroĆ­namara (Jen) on topic March 2014 Rulebook Update - Need your help to proofread!
Pg. 23
"John is going to take a human for his characterā€™s race ā€“ no makeup, no prosthetics, easy to role-play.
He could go with a human sub-class such as a Gypsy, Celt, or Barbarian, but he just wants a plain
vanilla human for now. John has played some tabletop role-playing games before, but he doesnā€™t feel
very comfortable with acting in a live situation. From what his friends tell him the combat is fun, so
he chooses a Warrior ā€“ not too heavy on the role-playing, and lots of combat."

- The vanilla human race should probably specify Kormerian? (p.s. i can't spell) "Human" isn't really an option, is it?

Chancellor of the Arts

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
  • CroĆ­namara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
25 Feb 2014 21:36 #21 by CroĆ­namara (Jen)
Pg 23

"Looking at the Warrior and the Common skill lists, he chooses 10 Build worth of skills for his character"
- no where in the previous descriptions of this section does it specify that anyone can choose skills off of Commoner. it feels disjointed, like a sentence is missing.

Chancellor of the Arts

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
  • CroĆ­namara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
25 Feb 2014 21:39 - 25 Feb 2014 21:42 #22 by CroĆ­namara (Jen)
pg 24

"He writes this all up and sends it in to the Chief Character Offcer for approval,
making sure he meets the deadline of having it in before his PC's third event. He also takes note that
he can't act on any of this until the background is approved, but that is fne as he still has plenty of
room to Role-Play and explore the character without drawing on details from his background.

- we don't have a chief character officer
- the third event is when you need to have your character formed, AND when you need to have your history in??? aaaand all of this is changed anyway, isn't it?

Tori, yes, the copy pasta is being weird for me too.

Chancellor of the Arts

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
Last edit: 25 Feb 2014 21:42 by CroĆ­namara (Jen).
  • CroĆ­namara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
25 Feb 2014 21:47 - 25 Feb 2014 21:49 #23 by CroĆ­namara (Jen)
pg 24

"He then flls out the History Worksheet, and sends it to the
Atmosphere Offcer () for approval before bringing the PC into the
game."

-history worksheets are outdated yis?yis.
-also, we've had it say that you send it to the Director, the Chief Character officer, and now the Atmosphere officer. Over all, that needs to be specified, because now it's all inputted on the players impetus.

Chancellor of the Arts

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
Last edit: 25 Feb 2014 21:49 by CroĆ­namara (Jen).
  • CroĆ­namara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
25 Feb 2014 22:25 - 25 Feb 2014 22:50 #24 by CroĆ­namara (Jen)
pg 25

"He looks at the deities, and deciding that Valos is a little too combat-oriented for him, settles on Gaia."

- pretty sure the comma should be moved to "He looks at the deities and, deciding that Valos is a little too combat-oriented for him, settles on Gaia."

-or possibly "He looks at the deities (deciding that Valos is a little too combat-oriented) and settles on Gaia." or something akin to that.

-Grammarians, speak up, i might be in the wrong.

"All Clergy start with the Sacrament Domain and looking up Gaia, Bob sees he can choose from Life, Light, and Purifcation."

- comma to " and, looking up Gaia, Bob". You can actually probably get rid of the "and" and make it "All Clergy start with the Sacrament Domain. Looking up Gaia, Bob sees he can choose from Life, Light, and Purifcation."

Pg 26

"It may seem intimidating for frst time players, but when you see everyone else role-playing well as their character you realize not only is it not diffcult to do, its fun!!"

- needs an apostrophe

Pg 27

"In the beginning of the game your character starts off with his primary Profession (sometimes
referred to as a "list") for free."

- if im not mistaken, the majority of the book is referred to as "her"?

"Disarm costs four build on warriors list and three build on the swashbucklers list."

-All lists and skills previous to this have been capitalized, such as Warrior and Swashbuckler. The capitalization gets a little back and forth in this upcoming paragraph, where some skills are capitalized while others aren't.

Chancellor of the Arts

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
Last edit: 25 Feb 2014 22:50 by CroĆ­namara (Jen).
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
25 Feb 2014 23:23 #25 by Annora (Karen)

CroĆ­namara wrote: pg 25

"He looks at the deities, and deciding that Valos is a little too combat-oriented for him, settles on Gaia."

- pretty sure the comma should be moved to "He looks at the deities and, deciding that Valos is a little too combat-oriented for him, settles on Gaia."

-or possibly "He looks at the deities (deciding that Valos is a little too combat-oriented) and settles on Gaia." or something akin to that.

-Grammarians, speak up, i might be in the wrong.

Resident Grammar Nerd speaking.
It should be either "He looks at the deities, and deciding that Valos is a little too combat-oriented for him, settles on Gaia."
or
"He looks at the deities, and, deciding that Valos is a little too combat-oriented for him, settles on Gaia."

'and deciding...' is the subordinate clause delineated by the comma. :)

*doffs grammar hat and ninja vanishes*

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
27 Feb 2014 12:55 #26 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic March 2014 Rulebook Update - Need your help to proofread!
PG 22
A character may start only using rules sand
skills that are published in the Knight Realms core rulebook.

should be and

PG 78
Fate Of Fortune
Cost: 2000 SP
Grab-bag magic item. Generally simple magic items/trinkets with 1-6 month durations. Small 10%
chance of a permanent magic item.

Needs to change to the new fate of fortune fate.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • CroĆ­namara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
27 Feb 2014 14:29 #27 by CroĆ­namara (Jen)
Pg 28

"If you learn a skill from an item (such as a tome or manuscript), you must role-play the time required
to learn the skill, see a Rules Marshal, show them the item card for the item, and have them sign off
for the learning of the skill."

-Simply because so many of the other "see a rules marshal" things have been changed to include other staff members, i'm wondering if this is outdated.

"When considering skills for Pre-Requisites, if a Skill or List requires a Weapon Prof as a
Prerequisite, ONLY the actual Weapon Prof Skill will work. Master Profs, Divine Profs (Paladin,
Anti-Paladin, or Templar), Witch Blade, Martial Arts Profs, Brawling, Bow and Master Bow Profs,
and Elemental (Magical) Profs do NOT count as a "Weapon Prof" when determining if you can buy
a skill."

-Prerequisite should be lowercase.
-Anti-Paladin should be changed to Dark Paladin I believe?

"A Character may only learn 2 Higher list skills total (from all available lists) each event. Only one
of them may be a new skill. Skills on Higher Lists may have a maximum number of purchases,
listed with the skill on the list. Learning a new Higher List counts as learning a new Higher List
skill.

- Higher list, list needs capitalization

"Body Points and Career points are learned in the same way as skills you already possess ā€“ you may
purchase them without a teacher, and they will be available at the beginning of the next game. The
limits on purchasing body are listed below ā€“ there is no limit on how many Career Points may be
purchased at once, or at all."

-Career points, points needs capitalization

"If you wish to teach a skill you must not only possess the desired skill to be taught, but also possess
the Teach skill off the commoners list."

-commoners list, capitalization?

Pg 29

"That is, if the teacher is using a pole arm, an the student is using a 1HE, the teacher can still teach tag skills such as Break Limb, Parry, etc."

-an, changed to and

Promotional Skills section doesn't mention the number of purchases allowed of each promo skill - that once you get a promo skill, you can't get another promo skill. which i think is a thing, right? honestly not 100% sure, but i feel like that sort of thing needs to be clarified, considering this is the actual section of the rule book that one would be referencing for this sort of information.

Pg 33

Just going to comment on how much I love the "Combat" section bahhaha

"Natural ā€“ any weapon that is a part of the bearer's physique, such as claws, fsts, teeth, etc.
Natural weapons may not be disarmed, willingly or unwillingly, although the weapon is only in a
ready state if they physrep is in the bearer's hand. Natural Weapons may not be the target of
effects that have the Weapon trait. Attacks with Natural weapons are considered Melee attacks."

-capitalization

Pg 34

"When using hand-held weapons either thrust or swing the weapon in an arc between 60 and 120 degrees while you attempt to make contact with your target."

- I thought there was no thrusting at KR? perhaps im wrong or this is outdated?

"If the attack were successful then the target would subtract whatever damage he had taken from his current body points."

-were, change to was

Chancellor of the Arts

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
27 Feb 2014 17:38 - 27 Feb 2014 19:13 #28 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic March 2014 Rulebook Update - Need your help to proofread!

CroĆ­namara wrote: "When considering skills for Pre-Requisites, if a Skill or List requires a Weapon Prof as a
Prerequisite, ONLY the actual Weapon Prof Skill will work. Master Profs, Divine Profs (Paladin,
Anti-Paladin, or Templar), Witch Blade, Martial Arts Profs, Brawling, Bow and Master Bow Profs,
and Elemental (Magical) Profs do NOT count as a "Weapon Prof" when determining if you can buy
a skill."

-Prerequisite should be lowercase.
-Anti-Paladin should be changed to Dark Paladin I believe?

Master Profs, Divine Profs, Witch Blade, Master Bow Profs and Elemental (Magical) Profs should be removed from this list, they no longer exist. Also, consider adding Backstab Profs to the list?
Also there should not be a hyphen in prerequisite.

"If the attack were successful then the target would subtract whatever damage he had taken from his current body points."

-were, change to was

This doesn't need to be changed, it is already correct.

Backstab Proficiency states: "This skill must be performed with a One-Handed or smaller melee weapon, Brawling, or Thrown Weapon." However, the prerequisite on every list it appears on is "any weapon skill", is this intentional? It seems odd to be able to purchase the proficiency while only knowing a large weapon skill.

Last edit: 27 Feb 2014 19:13 by Nicoletta (fyperia).
  • Faila
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
28 Feb 2014 16:51 #29 by Faila (Faila)
Page 21 - clarify whether new players can come into game multi-classing, or must pick up their second class at their first event.

Page 27 - Professions. Rules refer to professions as costing 10 build to open, but penalized professions are 15.

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
"May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
02 Mar 2014 09:29 #30 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Page 21 still has the section heading "1st Level Characters". This should probably be changed to "Starting Characters" or something similar, since nobody is 1st level.

The rulebook doesn't address taking multiple professions at start. This is something likely to come up a lot with 50 starting build. The Sections on page 21 (Select the Profession of your Character) and page 22 (Spend your Starting Build), should probably address this, as perhaps should one of the examples. The biggest question that keeps coming up is "Does my 2nd list have to be from my Race's starting professions or can it be any non-penalized profession".

Caldor Eirson,

Vintner

~~~~~~
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

~~~~~~~
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.916 seconds