June 2010 Highlights

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
13 Jun 2010 20:01 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
June 2010 Highlights was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Good event, even if it was muggy as a dark alley...

Highlights:
  • Looking for a person to go on a mod, and the sinking OOG realization that you can't find them because they are about to NPC on the mod and kick your ass...
  • New Smithing system.  More points (more than Gideon has), but less time tied to the Forge.  Points can be fixed with time...
  • The return of Ethan (and Judge)!

Going to fall into a humidity-induced coma now... I'll post more later.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
13 Jun 2010 20:39 #2 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic June 2010 Highlights
-Kaledonia pot luck was delicious, thanks to everyone that contributed.

-Learning how to fight with something much bigger than the "Mighty Toothpick"

-Crazy accurate palm reading.

-Grape mod

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
  • Michael P
  • Thank Yous: 0
13 Jun 2010 21:07 #3 by Michael P (Michael P)
Replied by Michael P (Michael P) on topic June 2010 Highlights
An event of some ups and downs for me, but some notable good memories.

- Gypsy meeting.

- Dancing in the rain.  Noticing a palatable feeling of 'belonging' with other dirty and wet common folk. 

- Market Fair... fantastic products.

- Kaldonia potluck.  I ate very little at feast due to how full I was at the end of this.

- Many good conversations over hookah, including meeting of new faces in Travance.

- Being approached many times about teaching for edged combat and related skills... and then RPing through the teaching process.

- One eyed fencing Sunday morning.  Great matches that went until dehydration and exhaustion threatened.

Michael Pucci
Player of Paetros of the Yhatzi Kompania

www.DystopiaRisingLARP.com
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
13 Jun 2010 21:57 #4 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic June 2010 Highlights
As many folks know, I don't larp during the summer... the hot, muggy weather being the prime reason why.  However, much of it was worth it this event...

Fri Night
1. NPCing for Celt intro mod was fun.
2. Friday night lesson with Lethias about lycanthropes and were creatures was fun and informative.
3. Part 1 of the "Never Ending Grill of Meat" started with hot dogs and sausages.

Sat Day
1. Going to Market Fair and seeing the amount of food, clothes, and items for sale rivaling any "Black Friday" shopping extravaganza.
2. The very short Alisandria meeting and talking with possible newcomers.
3. Archery practice... I so need it.  :'(
4. Goblin Bakery... I so wanted to make a Soylent Green joke.
5. Part 2 of the "Never Ending Grill of Meat" continued with more sausages & hot dogs.

Sat Night
1. Main Mod and being teamed up with Jeff to play the 2-headed thing that won't die... OMFG.  :o
2. After "dying" as the 2 headed creature... almost throwing up from heat and seeing steam rise of my body.  ???
3. Part 3 of the "Never Ending Grill of Meat" finished up with hot dogs, sausages, prime rib, and filet mignon.

Sun Day
1. Realizing moving, breathing, and even thinking hurts... wow.
2. Finally getting up, only to go fight evil priests/clerics of Malyc as they invaded the Steakhouse.
3. Getting up to the Inn, and rushing out to fight big lizards.
3a. Apollo put it best... "Nature is attacking us.  We must fight back with fire."  ;D

Many thanks to Jeff, Joe, MB, Ryan, Eric, Terry, Andy, Alex, Thom, Vince, Charna, Jackie, Emily, Rob, JR, Chris, Jen, and my fellow NPC's for a blast.  You all are the reason I come to KR... that, and I would be bored in NYC.  :P

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Hadrian Thane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The night is dark and full of terrors.
  • Thank Yous: 3
13 Jun 2010 21:59 #5 by Hadrian Thane (GBino)
Replied by Hadrian Thane (GBino) on topic June 2010 Highlights

3a. Apollo put it best... "Nature is attacking us.  We must kill it with fire."  ;D

Fixed that for you.

/* OOG
* Rob G.
* Rules Marshal, Margrave
*/
13 Jun 2010 22:01 #6 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic June 2010 Highlights
Nothing like coming home to note that a few others have apparently come home too.  I only got to see them IC which was sad and hopefully correctable soon.

Going on Main Mod NPC to respawn 7 times for 1400 points total being kicked out of me with ALL correct strikes.  Not one hit in a "bad' area.  The shot to my elbow was a turn of bad timing and was technically as legal and correct as the others.  It just happened to land on elbow between bones and hit that OHHH so not funny bone.

Selling wares at market with a story on payment from a Milliner.

Taking to heart a need in the town and thinking long and hard ICly as an additional Career should be considered.  Opening the list realizing I actually have a really cool plan.  Getting a go for that plan from James with a Hmmm and a what kind...OH yes I can see that.

Curious...ha hope so.  Just wait.  I have too as it will take time to learn the right skills ICly.

Seeing more people I haven't caught up with in just a long time.  Finding out a KR player was there all this time because of another player I convinced to try it even when I had to leave.  It's always shocking to find out how much influence you have had on others.  and...

Lastly.  I found out that my reputation as being MOMish, fairminded and honest has remained.  Doing First Aid while wounded yourself is odd enough.  Rendering it giving you flashbacks over 6 years old was something else. 

The player who told me the tale of his coming to game nearly had me in tears...You know who you are and YES  you nearly had me in tears. 

The brunch at Dragomire was wonderful.  Thanks for the hospitality guys.  You rock.

Having a long IC conversation with Ming Na and seeing the KR version.  Wonderful RP and well missed from days gone by.

I just could go on and on....but I won't....

OH wait.  The honor combat.  Both Players Super KUdos on rules and common sense and...REAL honor in their treatment of each other even on the rules, heat, exhersion side.  BRAVO>:)

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
13 Jun 2010 22:02 #7 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic June 2010 Highlights
I was only around on friday, but it was still enjoyable.

- Tetsubo for Odo

- Learning the two skills for 'The Conversion'

- With a raspy voice, learning about sorcery and being apart of it. Fun times, Norm!

- Sneaking up behind Eleywin and casting Lightning Bolt on a Gargoyle she was fighting, and having it fall. Sorry for that KSing, Kristen!

Seeya at the festival!

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • Belegchand
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
14 Jun 2010 01:20 #8 by Belegchand (mcalo)
Replied by Belegchand (mcalo) on topic June 2010 Highlights
Wow, my first event after five months of waiting because of school.  SO EPIC!

Highlights
Friday
-Trying to feel out my character for the first time
- Meeting a myriad of people, all of which being different types
- My first mod, and getting a trinket out of it
- Getting to be borderline psycho-devout to Chronicler
- Conversation on Necromancy, amongst other things, with Rose
- Playing cards, and getting not one, but two nicknames that now will haunt me for life, but I'll take them... Bell (and I thought a High Elven scholar named Belegchand in a Purple and Gold Cloak could not become any more feminine) and Drunkie (I actually liked that Tobar began calling me this, because it means I was actually doing a descent job RPing)

Saturday Morning
- NPCing for the first time.  Got to play a ranger-like character to work on role play.  All I have to say is Billium made me laugh so hard with his reaction to the mere word "Taramil," and the Pendarvin's, although the last to go, impressed me the most with how they took on the task by slowing attacking the beasts as opposed to the first two, which was utter annihilation (no offense to the Kaladonia or Drega'mire intended; for me, it just was fun to sit and talk with the Pendarvin's who fought the boar beforehand and watch as they slowly strategized how to kill the bull).
- Sticking with NPCing, doing the Plot Mod with the portal, and overhearing some people say that the front line of the spirits was holding well (which I was on), which made me feel proud, seeing as I typically use a staff, not the sword and shield I had.
- Getting to meet some new people and discussing our characters futures.  Mine actually has had a complete change in my future plans because of conversations I had throughout the event.

Saturday Afternoon
- Learning my first spell in Travance.  Now, next time, I'll be able to actually see the path instead of trying to guess.
- Sparing with Father Thomas on an offer for a new rare skill and really trying to show off my character's thirst for knowledge, even to the point of being knocked out to try and prove worthiness.
- Killing children-cooking Goblins.
- My attempted baptism by Portia (it was fun to RP it in the Baronial Library... Had a very Chroniclerite feel to it)
- The plot mod before feast.  I was complimented a few times on my staff work and was proud when people said it.  Also, throwing around fire when most mages are off fighting bigger and badder things appeared to be something people liked seeing, so I had a few people push me up right near the front to try and help with that.
- FEAST!

Saturday Night
- Hanging in Kaladonia after the feast and getting some sparing in with Waylan
- Main Mod.  Yes everyone who told me to stay back because I am a scholar, I know I am a scholar and fighting is not supposed to be for me, but when the Bishop of Chronicler is saying we need people, you'd better believe a scholar with a staff that can distract some spirits and a few  fire strikes will be on the front lines (again, not to insult anyone; everyone who knew I was a scholar, you did an excellent job doing what you should have done by making me back off; I just wanted to explain why I didn't so I didn't seem out of character by fighting)
- Meeting the Count by accident IG.  This was, perhaps, THE HIGHLIGHT of my weekend because it gave me numerous chances for serious IG role playing.  First, I get to meet the Count accidentally, and didn't even realize, due to the darkness, that it was the Count at first.  Second, I IG get asked to help the count decipher a letter in many tongues and get to show off my scholar's linguistic flair (four Lit: Others and counting, plus being able to read Arcane).  Then, running into Rose and Colin, having the Count tell them that, while he joins the battle, I gotta be kept alive, and then having a lot of fun role playing with them and being attached to Rose at the hip (I am sorry if I was annoying Rose; it was just me trying to really get into character).  And then, to cap it off, I get to tell the story of meeting the Count to others after the fact to really get into my High Elven side of trying to center the attention on myself by besting other people's stories (when I go up to Lethias, who knew me sheer because Porsia introduced us because was a Chroniclerite, and try and best his story of the battle with that, I think I am definitely in High Elven character).
- Hearing screams at 3 AM as Lizardkin and Spiders attack Kaladonia and then fighting them, despite being weaker than everyone else out there.

Sunday
- Actually being baptized for real by Alistar (yes, two baptisms, same god, one weekend... I think that may actually qualify as a first ever because of how odd it sounds)
- Realizing my characters future as I meditated.

Lowlights
- Realizing Sunday morning that, after standing outside and conversing IG as Belegchand for about 10 minutes, my ears had fallen off in bed and I did not have them on.
- It ending.

OOG: Matt Calo - Marshal
  • Oakroot
  • We all hope for happy endings... right?
  • Thank Yous: 1
14 Jun 2010 01:32 #9 by Oakroot (OakRoot)
Replied by Oakroot (OakRoot) on topic June 2010 Highlights
Highlights
-Getting to hang with Travis (Toravisu) and getting back to the old dream team
-Being invited to go with some higher levels on a super special mod and being in over my head, but survived
- Having a chance to RP with Elawyn, showing her that I am trying to make up for some past mistakes
-Going to the Druids Grove for the first time hopefully next time it wont be cut short DAMN DARK DRUIDICS
-Teaching a list for the first time ^_^
-Finding out Lord Brightstar loves me
-Comming one step closer to become the best Druid I can be lol "BLIND THAT MOTHER EFFER"

Lowlights
-Mucky crappy weather
-Failing in a rescue attempt during main mod (Jumping over enemy lines proved fatal)
-Finding out Lord Brightstar hates me
-Did I mention the weather?

Brinden Oakroot
Vassal and Gaurd of Kaladonia
Student and Squire of Lady Elawyn Brightstar
Follower of Chronicler and Son of Arawyn
*OOG*
*Clark Livengood*
  • Sargoson
  • Banned
  • Banned
14 Jun 2010 09:00 #10 by Sargoson (raalin2100)
Replied by Sargoson (raalin2100) on topic June 2010 Highlights
  • Being able to drive myself to an event again!
  • Pulling onto site nice and early and ready to set up and then going "OH @$^@#$% I forgot all of our food!"
  • Promptly hitting a tree stump
  • Flying Scorpions "What kind of bug is that?" - "Looks like a flying scorpion to me"
  • Lauging till I got the hiccups so bad they hurt
  • Best Elven Doorstop EVER!

-Ryan Alin
14 Jun 2010 09:33 #11 by JamesRanthorII (JamesRanthorII)
Replied by JamesRanthorII (JamesRanthorII) on topic June 2010 Highlights
www.biosurvey.ou.edu/okwild/misc/images/scorfly.jpg

Mecoptera are actually called scorpion flys.  They get their name cause males have cool abdomen parts that look like scorpions.  Hey I am an insect and nature nerd.  On a more bio related note they are neither scorpions or flies.  Sorry I am a nerd.

I hope everyone had a good weekend I will try to make it again soon. 

James Ranthor II
Matt B
  • Erdrick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 161
14 Jun 2010 09:35 #12 by Erdrick (Erdrick)
Replied by Erdrick (Erdrick) on topic June 2010 Highlights
That is just terrifying.

Lord Erdrick Brightstar
Guardian of Belladeen
(Samuel Roberts)
14 Jun 2010 09:51 #13 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic June 2010 Highlights
I completely agree with Sam

Nature is certainly... unique, especially when it comes to insects.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • Hadrian Thane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The night is dark and full of terrors.
  • Thank Yous: 3
14 Jun 2010 10:17 #14 by Hadrian Thane (GBino)
Replied by Hadrian Thane (GBino) on topic June 2010 Highlights
And you all scoff when I say we should just burn down the woods.

/* OOG
* Rob G.
* Rules Marshal, Margrave
*/
14 Jun 2010 13:30 #15 by Nesselde Natherial (Nesselde Natherial)
Replied by Nesselde Natherial (Nesselde Natherial) on topic June 2010 Highlights

(Pouty face) I am NOT a doorstop.

OOC: Jennifer Tanner
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
14 Jun 2010 13:52 #16 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic June 2010 Highlights

(Pouty face) I am NOT a doorstop.

Doorstops are wedge shaped weights for holding doors open.  You opened the door for them and held it open... you're the Best Elven Concierge EVER!  Or how about Best Elven Porter EVER!  ;D

Another event highlight I almost forgot...
Saturday afternoon, and seeing/hearing Radu (aka Jeff M) offering free kisses to a passing girl, and 1 of the male gypsy's saying "Ok".  Cue a pic of Radu kissing the butt of a Male Gypsy.  I hope the photo comes out well of that 1.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Ming Na
  • Strength Through Unity!
  • Thank Yous: 24
14 Jun 2010 13:52 #17 by Ming Na (Ming Na)
Replied by Ming Na (Ming Na) on topic June 2010 Highlights
I had a great time at this event, much wheeling and dealing
helping new players out as well as old heads. Was great
to see everyone as always. I am looking forward to seeing you all at the day event.Market Fair was a blast thanks everybody!!!!

To all who stopped by the tea table it was
most REFRESHING!!!

In service to the people

Ming Nagata

OOC: Dan Gill
  • Ninjin Khun
  • Death by Cookie!~
14 Jun 2010 14:46 #18 by Ninjin Khun (Ninjin Khun)
Replied by Ninjin Khun (Ninjin Khun) on topic June 2010 Highlights

I had a great time at this event, much wheeling and dealing
helping new players out as well as old heads. Was great
to see everyone as always. I am looking forward to seeing you all at the day event.Market Fair was a blast thanks everybody!!!!

To all who stopped by the tea table it was
most REFRESHING!!!

Part of my highlight was Ming Na summoning the rain

Ninjin Khun (Chanin Jaksarn)
Honor bound to House Zero
Runaway from Kingdom of Night
"How can someone like me see the light, when I was born in the Night."
  • Ninjin Khun
  • Death by Cookie!~
14 Jun 2010 15:24 #19 by Ninjin Khun (Ninjin Khun)
Fri Night:
+NPCing a gargoyle, with a cool dark encounter that ended up with a war horn being blown.

Sat:
+Waking up for breakfast
+Patrolling the grounds for creeps
+Enjoying some ogre drinks and enjoying talk with said ogres
+ Creed's idea of strength training. Involves:
---Carrying a young ogre around on my back and introducing him to Gideon
---Running around with large rocks around the inn up and down stairs and ramps
---Lifting logs
--- Wearing someone's else armor and then having to go to battle against the Gloms in that armor
---Surviving that battle
+The feast
+Being a part of the shield wall for the first time, BEST FEELING EVER!
+Main mod
+BATTLE CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+Ming Na summoning the rain!
+Hookah with Creed, Alek, Magnus, W.g, Jun, Jing, Jilt, and more
+Walking around with Creed till six in the morning
+Wearing Magnus' Hat and being told to be heroic

14 Jun 2010 15:29 #20 by Mother Marika (Ophelia)
Replied by Mother Marika (Ophelia) on topic June 2010 Highlights
Oh, so many things happened this weekend...and yet it is never all said...

Highlights:

Friday
-before Lay-on, I threw down 1000 SP to get 5CP, which sure as HELL came in handy that weekend
-Gypsy meeting *hugs family*
-Got to know Brax a bit more as he guarded the inn while I tended the bar

Saturday
-learning how to be a masseuse? Thank you Charlie!!
-Finally getting a silver daggar forged from Gideon
-Having Tobar teach me how to use the thing
-NPCC shift, played a mother, along with Angel, Harley and our "husbands" who lost their children...an hour later, played the children being baked into children cookies
-trying NOT to laugh when they told us IG that they'd reunite with our families...THAT would be interesting to reunite me with...myself?
-Pre feast mod, never healed so many people before... sooooo thankful I got those extra HP
-Delicious feast, everyone thank Kelly
-Ming Na's rain dance worked!
-As Marika, having me and Elona give anyone nearby a "wet gypsy hug"

Sunday
-Learning Soothe and Detect Life from Gaylan, then having an intense conversation about empathy with him
Hookah with Raxas, Sage, Amizar and Thomas...strong but absolutely delicious

So much more than that, but we'll leave it there

Master Marika Korsova Laurent Belmont
Priestess of Galmachis
Soul Warden
Shadow Hunter
"For eternity."

Doctor Winifred Sterling
"Oh dear...now I'll have to cut it out...again..."

OOG- Samantha Maksoud
Logistics Marshal

"Intelligence is the wife, imagination is the mistress, memory is the servant."-Victor Hugo
14 Jun 2010 15:30 #21 by Mother Marika (Ophelia)
Replied by Mother Marika (Ophelia) on topic June 2010 Highlights

+Wearing Magnus' Hat and being told to be heroic

INVOKE MAGNUS!!!

Master Marika Korsova Laurent Belmont
Priestess of Galmachis
Soul Warden
Shadow Hunter
"For eternity."

Doctor Winifred Sterling
"Oh dear...now I'll have to cut it out...again..."

OOG- Samantha Maksoud
Logistics Marshal

"Intelligence is the wife, imagination is the mistress, memory is the servant."-Victor Hugo
14 Jun 2010 15:35 #22 by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli)
Replied by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli) on topic June 2010 Highlights
^__^ Well, for what I got to go this event, these are my highlights

-Getting there at 8am like planned was a good start
-Finding out no one was in logistics at 8am, so going into the kitchen and helping out
-GETTING TO SEE MAX (whom I have not seen since last year)
-Helping Creed make breakfast for everyone
-Finally getting my card =D -thumbs up-
-Waking up Baoyu and Mae, then finding Hamish and seeing his guard sheep! XD
-NPCing as a Colossal Troll!!! So much fun.
-Waking  up Magnus as a Colossal Troll, and attacking large groups of people as such. (And getting to see everyone! <3 )
-Getting to go out as a roleplay Physician wanting to teach people, which was fun =3. Why are there not more physicians in Travance that need to be taught things? And why is everyone healed up by Market Faire? Bahh.

Lowlights::
-Having to leave at 1pm to get back home >.<

[Kamei Kunsai, Vassal and Health Administer of Kaladonia]
[Luminista Petsho-Aeislin]

(oog: Shannon F.)
14 Jun 2010 16:00 #23 by Iz'tel Cloudunta (iztel)
Replied by Iz'tel Cloudunta (iztel) on topic June 2010 Highlights
After all the trouble I went through to make it to the event, it was definitely worth it.

Highlights:
-Roleplaying with Winks. Goblin flirting was obnoxious and silly and fun.
-Spamming my new Charm skill.
-Earning myself Radu's hatred for being green, and having some pretty intense roleplay based on that. Iz'tel's never really gotten a chance to be properly frightened of someone.
-Drunk!Kwildar was, quite possibly, the best thing ever.
-Stealing Magnus's hat from Ninjin and doing more and more stupidly brave things each time I wore it into battle. That hat is magic.
-Teaching Winks the Teach skill and getting goblin balls for it.
-Falling asleep in no less than four different laps after Main Mod.
-Some really excellent roleplay with Blade regarding the new ogres in town.
-NPC shift as the snazzy lizardkin in the red beret.

Lowlights:
-Waking up late and nearly missing NPC shift.
-Not being able to dance in the rain for fear my paint would wash off.
-Bugs and humidity.

Iz'tel Zero Sharpthorn-Cloudunta
Matriarch of the Sharpthorn Clan

"I've done some things I'm not proud of, but they were very adorable."

-Jacqueline Bryk
14 Jun 2010 16:07 - 14 Jun 2010 16:46 #24 by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy)
Replied by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy) on topic June 2010 Highlights
In spite of the heat, et cetera, I had a good event.

* Marigold Sylvaine. Having one of my best friends come to game as one of Remi's younger sisters was probably among the best things that has ever happened at KR for me. So much fantastic roleplay, not to mention the fact that she is seriously "terrifying with that pole-axe." I am so looking forward to more of that!

* Yhatzi feast. Seriously, you guys are food-geniuses. Thank you so much for all the time and energy and love you put into feeding us all. It always pays off and tastes wonderful.

* Pendarvin food and hookah on Friday night. That was phenomenally delicious, and I was grateful IG and OOG to have been invited. :)

* Having a complete breakdown IG and being comforted with hookah and alcohol and chocolate by Pietros. As always, you're a joy to interact with IG and OOG. And if I could steal any secrets from your brain, it would be how to blend hookah flavors the way you do. :)

* Majah (I might be spelling that wrong,) the bard teacher. I don't know your OOG name, but seriously- you are SUCH a talented singer and roleplayer, and I'm looking forward to you bringing that character out again. *fingers crossed!*   ;D

* "You're one of the few people I can trust to be pure enough to hold these."  I don't know if you noticed the way that made Remi's face glow, but she was pretty happy about that.

* NPCing goblins Saturday night, and saving the day when two PCs were dragged up into a tree and Magnus was webbed. We had way too much fun, including:
Ralenfoly: "So, what do you think of Lord Ardentfyre?"
Goblin 1: "What? Who?"
Ralenfoly: "Ardentfyre."
Goblin 2: "Someone's on fire?"
Ralenfoly: "No... he's a Lord..."
Goblin 1: "Your Lord is on fire?"

* Our new tradition:  Andorran baptisms now end with a group-hug and cheesecake. That baptism was fantastic (and Harley, you are just too damn cute. <3 )  :-*

* Getting to see so many people that I've missed SO much. You guys always make KR fun and worthwhile, no matter what the weather's like or what's going on. Loves! <3

Main Char: Mother Remi Sylvaine
Priestess of Love and Song

Alt Char: Mira Aino

~*~ Nadine Morsch:: OOG
Last edit: 14 Jun 2010 16:46 by .
14 Jun 2010 16:12 #25 by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad)
Replied by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad) on topic June 2010 Highlights
"Another event highlight I almost forgot...
Saturday afternoon, and seeing/hearing Radu (aka Jeff M) offering free kisses to a passing girl, and 1 of the male gypsy's saying "Ok".  Cue a pic of Radu kissing the butt of a Male Gypsy.  I hope the photo comes out well of that 1."

That was not the Butt of a Gypsy . It was the butt of one of the
"Ale Belly Ogres"

BTW

All three of us had a blast,  well four if you include "IG" the comatose little brothe of HuH! the dumbest of the Ogre's

But he had a lot of fun asking all the "Pretty Young Ladies, Wanna Make an ole Ogre Happy?"  " Scratch My Back "

Our 1350 mile round trip was well worth it inspite of HuH! having severe muscle cramps all day Sat and Up-Chucking twice on Sunday AM

We hold in our hands the harvest of what we have sown in Hope. Do we sow for Good? or for Evil?

Ded Dawg O'Doul

OOG = Dave Sullivan Sr; Indiana

Kanarak=VC999 Institutional Head
PC = Ded Dawg O'Doul. Inn Keeper
NPC = Huh! The Dumbest of the Ale Belly Ogres
  • BalindorIN
  • Thank Yous: 13
14 Jun 2010 16:18 #26 by BalindorIN (BalindorIN)
Replied by BalindorIN (BalindorIN) on topic June 2010 Highlights
 First off, I want to thank all the staff for running another great event. It makes the drive from Indiana worth it, it really does.

As one of the Ogres Iwil lsay that all the RP going on around us helped us keep in character the entire time.  All three of us were there to RP for the most part, and the small bit of fighting we did see was just enough to make our weekend whole.

Saturday afternoon, and seeing/hearing Radu (aka Jeff M) offering free kisses to a passing girl, and 1 of the male gypsy's saying "Ok".  Cue a pic of Radu kissing the butt of a Male Gypsy.  I hope the photo comes out well of that 1.

That was Ogg, one of the Ogres actually. The look on Jeff's face as he bent down to do the act was absolutely priceless. Have to give major props to him for following thru! I think Huh got a pic of that as well. And if he didn't we may have Actual ogre burgers next time.

Lastly, thanks to Wally for letting me play the Guardian(?) on Sunday. It was a blast and also the one low light of the event for me; although probably not in the way it may seem. My one real regret is that I don't know the combat skills well enough to have given the PCs the fight they really deserved.  But thanks to you all for taking it easy on me :)

Pelinderian,

OOG: Jeff Mininger
  • Ninjin Khun
  • Death by Cookie!~
14 Jun 2010 17:35 #27 by Ninjin Khun (Ninjin Khun)

"Another event highlight I almost forgot...
Saturday afternoon, and seeing/hearing Radu (aka Jeff M) offering free kisses to a passing girl, and 1 of the male gypsy's saying "Ok".  Cue a pic of Radu kissing the butt of a Male Gypsy.  I hope the photo comes out well of that 1."

That was not the Butt of a Gypsy . It was the butt of one of the
"Ale Belly Ogres"

BTW

All three of us had a blast,  well four if you include "IG" the comatose little brothe of HuH! the dumbest of the Ogre's

But he had a lot of fun asking all the "Pretty Young Ladies, Wanna Make an ole Ogre Happy?"  " Scratch My Back "

Our 1350 mile round trip was well worth it inspite of HuH! having severe muscle cramps all day Sat and Up-Chucking twice on Sunday AM

It wasn't hard to RP carrying IG on my back because he was kind of heavy at the same time haha! I love you ogres!

• Dustin
  • Pirate King
  • Thank Yous: 5
14 Jun 2010 18:38 #28 by Dustin (Musushi)
Replied by Dustin (Musushi) on topic June 2010 Highlights
Well this was my first event!
..earlier I had promised to make it to the May event, but after this weekend. I think it really was worth the wait! <3

Highlights
- Running around and stretching my eyes to "emphasize" that I was a Khitanese young lad who grew up in Coast Haven
- Being greatly welcomed by the numerous Khitanese inhabitants of Travance
- Meeting awesome new people there both new and returning characters
- Ogre company and Ogre mead. Yum!
- AWESOME FEAST (Singing included)
- Scurrying about and "protecting" the healers as I swing for 1's
- Making "enough" shinies for my appetite

Anyways, just a small bit here. Thanks for the great first event!

OOG - Dustin D. Boomfist

IG - Pirate King, Dread Commodore Jun Ashiro
14 Jun 2010 18:47 #29 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic June 2010 Highlights

* NPCing goblins Saturday night, and saving the day when two PCs were dragged up into a tree and Magnus was webbed. We had way too much fun, including:
Ralenfoly: "So, what do you think of Lord Ardentfyre?"
Goblin 1: "What? Who?"
Ralenfoly: "Ardentfyre."
Goblin 2: "Someone's on fire?"
Ralenfoly: "No... he's a Lord..."
Goblin 1: "Your Lord is on fire?"

XD

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
14 Jun 2010 19:01 #30 by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507)
Replied by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507) on topic June 2010 Highlights
Highlights
This was a rather laid back event for me which was just fine considering the heat.
Friday
+Typhon finding out he has a brother.
+Going on the first tomb mod.
+Playing Bear Strength like a rage skill was so fun.
+Playing Go Fish: Lina: “I can’t have you hating your own brother” Me: “Can I hate him because he does not have the card I want?”
Saturday
+Making Chili for the Kaladonia potluck. And RP with cooking Ogres
+Watching the Bard competition.
+Spectators sure they subtracted from the atmosphere but the excited looks on their faces was priceless
+Not being invited on Druid business Aww  :( but made going to the Grove the next day that much better.
+Keeping Mav company (PM me) then being interrupted by Typhon’s brother Belegchand (Sneak Sneaky Elf) Fixed him with Poison Ivy.
+First teaching moment did not go as well as I would have liked but who’s first time is ever perfect
+Awesome feast thanks to all the cooks and entertainers.
+Main Mod NPC Shift almost two hours of straight fighting.
Sunday
+Being assassinated on the road and being found by Erdrick and Elawyn Big thanks IG and OOG to Elawyn/Kristen for saving me with Gaia’s Embrace. Typhon learns important lesson, No matter what time it is it is NEVER safe to travel alone
+Going to the Grove. Jokes along the way. Eight Druids and Rangers go into the woods looking for the Grove. +They get lost. Irony
+Watching Colin and Kleidan getting attuned to the Grove.
+While most of the Druids and Rangers are at the Grove the town gets attacked by Dark Druidic Lizardkin. Irony^2. 

Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga
Hero of Auralion
Warrior of the White Wolf

- Druid

David Reyes
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.795 seconds