May 2012 Highlights

• rivanyasi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Opportunity lets you find, Skill lets you procure.
  • Thank Yous: 42
20 May 2012 19:04 #1 by rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
May 2012 Highlights was created by rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
Well, everyone, this event was super intense and super fun, and I'm sorry I had to leave it early... but most of you know where I ended up today, aye? In the meantime:

Friday -

Seamus' Bachelor Party. There's a lot of people to thank for how successful I think this was, including all the revelers who celebrated with us, the townspeople who put up with our drunken shenanigans, and of course, the NPCs who bravely fell to us when Seamus needed to prove his mettle. Thanks to all of you, because I know all of us enjoyed ourselves.

Reintroducing Clait to a bunch of people was a blast. I really hope I have enough money to bring him back in two weeks. Also, some of the new acquaintances... yes, I really do have three characters... and never enough time to play them all.

Saturday:

Demons for breakfast. Om nom nom.

It was surprisingly nice not to have to sell things at Faire. Teaching a class on Lore: Undead was a lot of fun, and another nature walk is good, too.

Really upset I had to miss Seamus and Lumi's wedding... but as Typhon said, it seems like it's just our destiny to miss those.

Reanimating Cara... it's always a difficult procedure, but all the intrigue and secrecy surrounding the circumstances of the soldier's death... that made things much more interesting.

All of the circumstances surrounding Ehlenathelasa Blacktree's death. Fighting undead, fighting Desmond, glimpsing Queen Ashira, the resurrection, and the roleplay that followed: I don't know that I would have handled any of it the same way if I'd had a proper amount of sleep, but I don't care. It was all phenomenally cool.

Feast was excellent.... and surprise, vassal! I wasn't expecting that to happen, and it's going to be interesting to see how that plays out. Also: Jade not wanting to get ripped off at the bank. Hilarity.

Helping negotiate with the descendants of the Queen for their aid. Even if there might have been some fiddly bits about how we should act, well, it's all part of the process.

And finally, the fight against Desmond. It was quite satisfying to see his corpse being interrogated by the Galladellians... and Blacktree, I hope you did end up getting your trophy. I really do.

That was pretty much the point at which I left, so for now, thanks again to everyone who made this event so enjoyable, and I'll see you all again soon for the Week.

Na'ar Chacov, Soul of the Stars.

Ayiri Amexis, Sorceress' Apprentice.
Lupta Tamasa, Torn and Blackened.

OOG: Riva A.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn), Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
20 May 2012 20:39 #2 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic May 2012 Highlights
Grappling hook.

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
20 May 2012 21:13 #3 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic May 2012 Highlights
I was at event for only 5 hours, but considering it was a warm spring/summer event... that is a record for me. I wanna thank Steve B for the car service provided.

Highlights...
1. Spending time with Cassandra's sister Jade & the interesting conversation therein. Thumbs are no longer optional.
2. Letting Karla see how we roll in Alisandria.
3. First 5 minutes into game & walking by myself, I run & save someone from wolves. There's never a druid when you need them.
4. Learning about the events I had missed prior & commiserating with Archer Van Zandt about what we need in this town to help fix the problems we have.
5. Fighting plague rats. Yay, they will just run up & impale themselves upon my blade.
6. Dinner @ the new place. Fancy & nice. Will feast again on prime rib & scallops.

I hope to make the next event & being able to stay longer.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
20 May 2012 21:41 #4 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic May 2012 Highlights
So much awesome this event.

Friday(NPC)
- Sir Grim, the knight raised by desmond
- Goblin ambushers, no one passed by

Saturday:
-Woke up to demons, seeing all the Celts in Kaladonia in their underwear, no kilts FTW guys
-Spider Cave mod! Typhin and myself were in such sync, didn't strike a blow until the end when Animal Empathy didn't work
-Smithing lessons
-Strength +1 lesson while helping Seamus set up for the wedding

Main Mod
-Helping set up for the ceremony
-Finding a Noble to take charge of the defense of the Monastery, ironically it was Colin
-Finally getting to fight alongside my knight, was awesome
-Finding the assassin, led us all through the woods like crazy
-Lucas using a sphere of protection OFFENSIVELY by trapping the assassin inside with us
-Gotta love Inviolate Form

Sunday
-Wake up and fight knolls with all of Kaladonia, my alarm trap is sweet in the fact that it woke people up like it's supposed to
-Pirate mod got to track them with so much searching
-Getting the Pirates' treasure back by killing goblins
-People trying to get the attention of myself and Rose, when someone screams Rose trouble in Kaladonia, us and 3 vassals of Kaladonia then bolt out of the door of the inn
-Ping-ponging a Grim Guardian with Lucas's shield bash and my forceful gust

A lot more and may add them later

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn)
  • Simon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 125
20 May 2012 23:02 - 25 May 2012 03:01 #5 by Simon (BigZ)
Replied by Simon (BigZ) on topic May 2012 Highlights
Phase Spiders with Emar.
Oh, and 35 superior-magically-hidden traps on one wagon.
And always, thanks to Dan and Gus for Albius Tuddlesworth. The most racist painting to exist. Ever.

OOG: Nick H.
-Officer
Last edit: 25 May 2012 03:01 by Simon (BigZ).
  • Nadya
  • привет,как ты? Меня зовут Надя
  • Thank Yous: 19
20 May 2012 23:27 #6 by Nadya (LGwilson08)
Replied by Nadya (LGwilson08) on topic May 2012 Highlights
Friday
Lumis bachelorette party
Telling every male to strip for the bachelorette party
My first in game drunk, thus deciding I need tolerance

Npc shift- being the loudest damsel in distress in order to wake everyone up XD
Being a kolbald looking for essences, and actually getting one

Sat
First ostcliff meeting :)
Becoming a pledge of ostcliff
Learning why wolfgar ALWAYS has his shield with him. Lol
Learning healing stuff

Sun
First time going to winterdark awesome camp BTW
Free food and story at winterdark
Learning flo with tobar :)
Becoming part of a compania

"how did you end up here?"
"I will give you one word 'Tequila'
.... never again with the Tequila"
'Nadya'

Herro - Shee Krank't from the Blood Eye clan
OOG~Janice :)
21 May 2012 10:21 #7 by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli)
Replied by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli) on topic May 2012 Highlights
It was great to see everyone again!! This was a VERY fun event! Thank you Kristen, Steve and everyone who helped!!

Friday:
-Luminista's bachelorette party! So drunk, so loud, so much fun and music!
-Grabbing random women who walked through the bar area telling them to party with us (Yay meeting new people!)
-Realizing Lumi has to be responsible because of plot...and not being able to drink Saytr's wine
-Getting covered and shown away from Seamus when his bachelor party came up near the inn where we were, because of "bad luck"
-Thank you Remi, for being entertaining with all your amazing stories!

Saturday:
LUMINISTA
-Getting woken up and told that I didn't need to help decorate, and getting to sleep about three more hours
-Helping everyone get stuff around for the wedding was fun. So much fun :D
-...Lumi getting ratted out about not being part of the mages guild by someone, being dragged off by Ardin saying I'm not allowed to learn magic until I find a master to work under and attend a meeting. (ps. Lumi was pissed)
-...Learning "Vertigo" there after ;P
-Drinking before the wedding with the guests! Then..starting the ceremony.
-The ceremony being interrupted by none other than Kwildar ("Yo Remi, Imma let you finish..." XD)
- SO MUCH CAKE!!! <3 Thank you everyone who bought / made food for the wedding! DELICIOUS!
-Thank you to everyone who came to the ceremony and joined us! As well as all of the gift giving, even the gypsy hexes on poor Seamus =P
KAMEI:
- Have I ever mentioned how much I love playing Kamei?
-Learning Stealth!!! WHEEE!!!!!
-...Meeting her cousin again after many years. First thing said "Tatsuya?! WHY ARE YOU HERE?!"
-Getting to meet Kristen's mummy after slipping through a crack in the wall
-Getting my soul harvested three times, being close to death all three times, but being saved in the nick of time...dammit.
-After the second harvest soul, running back into town to grab a large group of people, and watching Magnus take on the...necromancer(?)
-Helping with feast, om nom nom delicious
-Kamei and Tatsuya sitting with Ethan and Morwenne, they officially made my weekend <3
-Sleeping...Thank you Luis for offering me your bed for a few hours...best sleep ever..which leads me to my next point.....
-Waking up with a Steve-ninja in the room, hovering over me...."It's time". Best wake up ...EVER.
-Heading off to Kamei's back story plot!!!!! Thank you guys SO much for such an amazing end to her back story, it was better than I had hoped and...I saw a side of Kamei I never thought I would.
-PS. oog, holding hands with a ninja (aka. Steve)
*walking down to the lake platform*
Steve: Shannon..why're we holding hands?
Me: ..I have no idea -swinging hands comically as we're "walking through underground tunnels"-
Steve:....Are we going on a date of murder?
Me: Yes Steve, we're going on a date of murder, it's the best kind of date, and we'll bond so much and it will be fantastic
-Thank you Steve and Vince <3 <3 You did her back story justice, and now I'm step 2 out of 3 of retiring Kamei ^_^
-If anyone wants to hear the story, i'll PM you or tell you completely OOG~
-Sleeeeeeeeppppppp
-Also very glad my friend David came to game and played Kamei's cousin! :3 It's technically the only family she knows is still alive, and likewise for him....looks like Kamei has a protector...I wonder if this kind of RP will help him figure out which color he will choose, hrm~ ;)

Sunday NPC:
-SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!
-Thank you James for giving me that role, I had so much fun you have no idea.
-Realizing that it's not what is on a card that matters, it's how you RP that matters. (Also learned from back story plot)
-When it's hot out..don't try to dress poncy, you will regret it >.o

<3 Thanks again for an awesome weekend all!

[Kamei Kunsai, Vassal and Health Administer of Kaladonia]
[Luminista Petsho-Aeislin]

(oog: Shannon F.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: THENPC (THENPC), Elawyn (Elawyn)
21 May 2012 11:23 #8 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic May 2012 Highlights
Wow so much stuff done this event and all of it so amazing:

Friday:
Arrived early and helped James out a bit
Nap
NPC shift where the talking when a little long
Going out as a Demon, being killed quickly then having Bellachanens (SP?) walk over pout then hit me when I'm dead for 2 damage.

Saturday:
Waking up and working in the kitchen for breakfast.
Wedding!
KWILDAR!
Heading out and being asked if I could help out with some Goblins and wind up working/helping Alisandria with other people who were under 5 seasons. Probaly one of the two highlights of the event for me. Not because I got an awesome item out of it, but because it made myself and quite a few other new players feel like we could do something of value and the items put us on a level where we might be able to help out more as well. So thank you to the people who ran that mod for us. Also learning the finer points of RPing damage and the game in general.
Getting to meet the lord and lady of Alisandria
Having Kivi (sp?) growl and scare away a fire elemental.
Showing new people you don't have to kill every creature around, sometimes they are just cold and hungry and you can chase them away with that.
Learning fun new things
Training someone for the first time
Hanging out before feast.
Feast (amazing job again guys thank you to all involved)
Falling asleep on a feast bench during clean up, only to be woken up seeing two of my friends being taken for ritual components. :unsure:
Swearing an oath to return some ashes
Bed

Sunday
Getting up early and joking around with those who did not sleep: Jack Cypher and the lot
Finding something pinned to a wall that was my other event highlight, a welcome meeting at Winterdark
Meeting and talking to Dame Hartwoode of Winderdark for about an hour of fun and learning. It was amazing, one of the best role playing moments I've had since coming to KR.
Myself and a few others running ahead to find a pack of wolves then turning and running away for more people.
Learning from Alana
Talking to more church members to try and become one of them.

This event was by far the best event I have been at. The RP was awesome for myself and the other low levels players. Thank you all who ran this event. Each time I come I have more and more fun. I don't know how you all manage to top your selves each time. Thanks again.

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
21 May 2012 11:30 - 21 May 2012 11:34 #9 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic May 2012 Highlights
Man, what an awesome event! Thanks Steve for an awesome plot! I could tell it really helped the new players feel important (myself included).

-FRIDAY-
NPC SHIFT: Undead, Fetch the Greater Ghoul who attacked Ostcliff. So glad I didn't lose my voice from all the growl-screaming I did haha

Back as Keavy
Learned Fear outside the Inn, worrying some folks haha. Lots of fun even if Caelvan was the test subject.
Then Strength +1 Training....Oi. Fun lessons with Bran nonetheless.

-SATURDAY-
Woke to Demons like the rest of Travance. As said above, watching Kaladonian warriors fight in their underwear was great, THAT'S DEDICATION! Haha!

Breakfast, mmmmm.

Being with Seamus, Caelvan and Elric to prepare for the wedding. Lumi, although I hadn't met you yet, my gift to you and Seamus was the decoration of the wedding area. I hope you liked it!

Wedding!! and Surprise!Kwildar moment! Anhill being drunk and getting icing'd while passed out. Lots of fun :)

Meeting with Ethan and going on a few great mods with the majority of newcomers. You guys did a great job and I'm happy to have met all of you :)
Partnering with Anhill to lead the group was cool, protecting Ethan from everything was fun, as well as meeting the Lord of Alisandria.

While there, A few cobalds with two greater fire elementals approach us. As our group comes to inspect them, Anhill calmly asks them what they want. The cobalds had control of the fire elementals, but said fire elementals slowly approached the group suspiciously. Keavy jumped foreword in front of the newcomers to protect them and growled at the elementals to stay back. (Note: no fear skill was used!)

Anhill asked the cobalds to call back their elementals...to which they obliged! Keavy's growling was enough to scare them off!

After taking care of everything for Ethan, he rewarded us with unique items! Keavy recieved an attuned +2 magic bastard sword with invokable windwalkers (for 6 months!). So thankful to Ethan.

Feast, just like mom makes!

Before main mod, played a game of Eye for an Eye. Lots of fun!

Then approached by Ethan and asked if I would volunteer for a ritual needed for that night. He said they needed people who represented the four elements, and Keavy best represented fire. Although nervous, Keavy volunteered.

Soon after, there was news of danger in Kaladonia. Got to invoke one windwalker...into some thorns! Yay!

-MAIN MOD-
Inside the monastery, Keavy, Cree, Rayne, and Bagwell await the ritual as it is being prepared. We were told we needed to give up something of ourselves to fuel the ritual, but it had to be something strong that shows who we are, and it ran the risk of losing it forever. Keavy became nervous and unsure of what was needed of her. After some discussion, Cree suggested her ferosity. Keavy's will to survive and protect is channeled through her growl.

The ritual was AMAZING. Morwyn, wow, you're incredible! Great RP from everyone! Keavy had to go first in the ritual and growl like there was no tomorrow. Once finished, I was so drained and shaken that my hands were numb!

Cree, your singing was beautiful! Everyone did a fantastic job, and just like Bagwell said, this is something we will never forget, and that we're bonded with!

Once the ritual was successful, we hobbled over to the Inn, and once Keavy found (a newly armored up) Caelvan, she hugged, kissed and would not let him go.

The fight was not over, though, so once more undead and such came, Keavy was ready to take them down!

SUNDAY
Woke to wolves, although I was waaaaay too sore to even attempt to fight.
After breakfast, a quick romp to get rid of some cobalds with air and earth elementals. Coming back to see "CHAYos warriors" Fine, take your "honorable death".
Being in the inn until "There's danger in Kaladonia!" Pain? What pain!? Bolts out the door.
Turned out to be wolves. Of course!! Got to empathize and companion some, trying to take them away from the battle. Grim Guardians, however, don't care! Great movie-like moment when one breaks Keavy's leg. She falls to the ground, looks up and sees the guardian looming over her, as she tries to crawl away screaming. Thanks to Lucas for fixing and defending me!
Once the battle was won, Typhon and I take the wolves off into the forest and I get to see his wolf form! Keavy wishes sooo badly to do that!
Lastly, lessons of Germinate and Grasp with Roots with Typhon.

This event has shown me why I'm so happy to have found KR. I don't know what I would do with myself if I had never gone. I love all you guys, I hope we can be great friends for a very long time. :)

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
Last edit: 21 May 2012 11:34 by Keavy (Dani).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn), Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
21 May 2012 13:53 #10 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic May 2012 Highlights
I want to thank everyone who was at the event. This was probably one of the most fun times I had running a weekend in a long time. Everyone did such a fantastic job getting into character and really being a part of the game world.

It's because of you guys that I want to continue writing for KR and why I get so much enjoyment out of it.
And remember! Fill out the Event Recap form! Tell the staff what you love about the game, what you think could improve the game, what you had for dinner, who deserves recognition and why you want to probably punch me in the face!

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn), Ming Na (Ming Na), Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena), Keavy (Dani)
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
21 May 2012 14:53 - 21 May 2012 14:58 #11 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic May 2012 Highlights
I'd like to echo Steve's thank you to all of you. Its been quite a few years since I ran an event, so I was a little bit nervous going in, especially with the limited amount of time we had to plan and execute our story. I have to say I had one of the most fun weekends I've ever had in all my years at KR, and that is completely because of all the amazing people I had a chance to interact with, both new players and veterans alike.We wrote this plot with the intention to be organic, and each and every one of you took complete advantage of that. I could not believe the extent to which people pushed the envelope with their roleplay, and you all only inspired me even further as the event went on.

I'd like to specifically thank Vince, who selflessly jumped on board to play our remaining major NPC and did such a spectacular job even with the miniscule amount of prep we gave him. It would not have been the same without you. I'd also like to thank Steve, who let me come on board in thinking up and prepping this weekend.

You were all exceptional.

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
Last edit: 21 May 2012 14:58 by Elawyn (Elawyn).
The following user(s) said Thank You: THENPC (THENPC), Ming Na (Ming Na), Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena), Keavy (Dani), Bagwell (Bagwell)
21 May 2012 15:31 #12 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic May 2012 Highlights
This had to be one of my most roleplay intensive events at KR in recent memory, if not the most. There were so many great moments, I'm gonna try my best to share as many as I can.

-Very interesting mod with Tsoli Friday night. Who would have thought that Winks could organize a trade agreement...
-Coming back into town and helping fight Cedric on his first appearance. Getting to use skills that I've had for a few months for the first time is pretty refreshing.
-Witchwood Tower mod and dealing with the different effects that were hitting us, including having to take down Lucas when he got corrupted temporarily.
-Getting woken up at 6 by demons and fighting them off with just me and Sir Ilservian until Oren came in with the assist.
-Getting a new assignment from Ilservian, and proceeding to talk to 5 different knights over the rest of the event about the meaning of nobility. Big thanks to Jason T, Quagz, Ben T, Steve, and Vince for the fantastic RP.
-Going on the mod to find the shroud, and getting to use my new utility skills. Then finding the room with Kristen's mummy and having an incredible scene. Kristen I already said it during cleanup, but thank you again for that. Then it lead into...
-Walking outside to find the other people that had stuck around being decimated by Desmond the necromancer. Vince that was an amazing fight. Winks was totally accepting of the fact that he was going to die right there to allow the survivors to get away, and then Magnus showed up. Cue my enormous sigh of relief as I then took charge of the retreat.
-More fantastic RP with Ilservian, and hopefully more advancement along Winks' chosen path.
-TEACHING! So many lessons, all over the weekend. Also learning, and finally opening up my second magical sphere.
-Main Mod #1 for Winks: fighting the first waves of undead and then helping to take down Desmond. That was so incredibly satisfying after the fight earlier in the day.
-Main Mod #2 for Winks: Fighting the mummy, and fulfilling the promise I'd made to her in our earlier scene.
-NPC: Captain Lawrence of the Lady Leoness. Some great roleplay from all the PCs that interacted with him and helped recover his treasure.
-Language shenanigans between Winks, Caelvan, and Belegchan

Such a great time, and see everyone in a week.

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: THENPC (THENPC), Elawyn (Elawyn), Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
21 May 2012 15:39 #13 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic May 2012 Highlights

Winks Sharpthorn wrote: -Language shenanigans between Winks, Caelvan, and Belegchan

"What does this say?"
"Winks! Why did you write Sweet Potato Pie on his chest!"

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
21 May 2012 17:31 #14 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic May 2012 Highlights
Oh boy... This was one heck of an event.
Friday: seamus' bachelor party! Getting drunk and looking for something stupid to do.

Finally finding said stupid in the form of a horde of undead.

Epic baseball slide heal.

Finally getting to sleep at 4 in the morning

Being woken up the next day, and forgetting that my armor had fixed itself as a demon came in and attacked

Wanting to go back to sleep, but getting dragged off to help to help with a million other things.

Gotta say, it is kinda fun having a squire as an apprentice.

Ahmahgah! Marcus Vale you tease! I want that hammer so freaking bad!

The wedding of Seamus and Lumi went off without a hitch, and having the wedding interrupted by kwildar is NOT a hitch.

Also: the Omnom mod... I would like to apologize to the healer that had to clean up that mess.
For the record: throwing an incinerate at an elder fire elemental is NOT a good idea.
Also also: shield wall+ghoul flanker = mosh pit

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
21 May 2012 18:13 - 21 May 2012 22:27 #15 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic May 2012 Highlights
-The short version: Friday night ended sometime after breakfast was already being made Saturday morning. To everyone involved: Sorry if you were either kept up/kicked out of your Yurt/horribly confused by the situation. Highlights: Othello :D

-"Ilana? What's that mark on your face?" "...."

-Amon'Zad plot. The reason I pick up lores no one thinks will come up. Letting Belegchand handle the majority of the situation and only helping when needed. It was his father in trouble after all. I think he appreciated the gesture.

-Following Desmond to his keep, blinking behind his line of undead guards, and beating him into the ground with everyone else :D

-Fighting Ashira X.x That fight was hard. It was fun though

-Getting Mixolydia and Morwenne to both stop dead in their tracks and have almost the exact same look on their faces when I asked them similar questions at different times during the event.

-Being told by Lady Nefretiri to keep an eye on 'New' Bran from now on. Immediately agreeing.

-Ilana, 'Queen of the Rats'

-Never fighting in slippers again. Will always make sure I remember my boots from now on X.x I was skidding around *everywhere*

NPC:
Nella: "Vicky, Viiicky, Vicky!"
Victoria: "Quiet! I'm trying to flirt!"
Poking at Zel as my apprentice alchemist

NPCing with Rachel was just fun lol

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 21 May 2012 22:27 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
  • Nadya
  • привет,как ты? Меня зовут Надя
  • Thank Yous: 19
21 May 2012 22:02 #16 by Nadya (LGwilson08)
Replied by Nadya (LGwilson08) on topic May 2012 Highlights
oh also the rise of the ming dynasty of travanse!!! congrats to lord ming na

"how did you end up here?"
"I will give you one word 'Tequila'
.... never again with the Tequila"
'Nadya'

Herro - Shee Krank't from the Blood Eye clan
OOG~Janice :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ming Na (Ming Na)
  • Ming Na
  • Strength Through Unity!
  • Thank Yous: 24
21 May 2012 23:40 #17 by Ming Na (Ming Na)
Replied by Ming Na (Ming Na) on topic May 2012 Highlights
:woohoo:

This event was nothing less then epic on mutable levels.
All of the great RP I saw / was apart of / witnessed passing by was like moments from a film.

I would like to thank you all with all my hart for everything.
Knight realms is more then just a larp its a family.
Fantastic game everyone !!!

In service to the people

Ming Nagata

OOC: Dan Gill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aemorniel (Aemorniel), Nadya (LGwilson08)
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
22 May 2012 00:56 #18 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic May 2012 Highlights
I barely have time, but I wanted to post a small handful of things.

NPC with Mars was excellent...everyone went along so willingly with our airheaded alchemists, and even though the fight was easy, getting people out so late on a Saturday night was a feat in itself.

Getting a sword from the proper at feast...I didn't even have a place to sit and I almost wasn't inside for that. Was chatting with Cinder and Atrus. Lorelai (and I) did not expect that.

Getting to escort around Kevin, a new young wild mage, and answering everyone with 'I don't get magic. Really I just shoot things and run fast.'

Being the only guardsmember in Ostcliff on Friday night when assassins attacked...and then having to tell my bosses the next morning.

Anhill commenting on Sunday that there is never a time when he sees Lorelai that she isn't running somewhere. This is becoming more true than my knees would like.

Mixolydia, thank you for your breakfast gathering. Technically Lorelai isn't too new, but she never had met you before. Food was delicious.

Lastly, one of my favorite moments was outside the monastery with Ehlena after she was brought through the focus, telling her how important she is. That rp was really interesting for me to explore more about Lorelai and her opinions of people. Thanks Jenna :)

And thank you all for bringing life and fun to these weekends!

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena)
22 May 2012 10:02 #19 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic May 2012 Highlights
Just doing the top 3 moments since I have no time right now to do a full on post.

1) As my elf Neina, Watching Magnus get his Dragon and the line "Proving Mixolydia Wrong" when nothing went wrong and there were no ill effects
2) Bringing Neina in and Belechangs reaction
3) As Ekat, having a fantastic conversation with Mixolydia.

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
22 May 2012 14:09 #20 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Also: "it was signed by James, so it has to be legit!"
The people that were in logistics on Sunday morning would know.

Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

• Rane
  • Predator of the woods
  • Thank Yous: 9
22 May 2012 19:54 - 23 May 2012 00:00 #21 by Rane (Sammyelf)
Replied by Rane (Sammyelf) on topic May 2012 Highlights
As much as I wanted to be there on friday night, I didn't make it to travance till saturday afternoon, I appologize for not making it to Ostcliff in time for the meeting x.x

saturday afternoon:
- pitiching the new tent up was extremely easy. thank goodness
- really wished my mom got to see more of travance. fortunately she got to meet some cool characters, and witnessed some amazing roleplaying.
- Getting to see ostcliffs battle practice. and Immediately getting attacked by rats...
- I loved how much roleplay I was getting into! there's just something about watching roleplay with two people in motion, and actually being a part of it.
- Rane watches someone cutting their own hand off for the first time. then heals it back on. scares the crap out of her. hahaha (watching Nathan and Malcolm roleplay a lesson... methinks it was...) (... still getting used to names forgive me... ;.;)
- Being asked by Typhon to be a water spirit.
- roleplay to choose the water spirit:
"So, what makes you a watery person?"
"*Rane doesn't understand the question*...fish? "
- Watching the roleplay of Dan get his new title during feast.
- Meeting Bagwell (Edit: sry about botching the name before) about 3 hours before realizing that he was picked to play earth spirit.
- doing dishes... so many dishes... but I got to meet a couple of awesome people while making some extra sp... now if only sp was real currency... I would never need a job ever again...

Saturday night:
- meeting the real danger my character was getting into... Rane was terrified! She thought "I'm not strong enough to do this, I'm gonna die!" She met all the strong people in the room including the people setting up the ceremony, the other characters representing the other elements. She was not afraid to lose her life with these people. She honored to even be considered to be part of the brave people in that room.
- coming out of main mod worn out. still had enough energy to spend time in the yurt with a few of the guys. having some laughs. I'm starting to see a pattern with my weekends. lol
- People of Kaladonia, I am so sorry if my puppies kept you up saturday night! >_< they're like watch dogs and bark at everything. I tried to keep them calm and quiet for most of the night if that helps at all.

Sunday Morning:
- Helping my mom recouperate from a monster headache she had that morning and npc duty. I told her what main mod was like. She said she kept hearing yelling from the inn and a man in the forest yelling "OSTCLIFF!" I told her it was Wolfgar... It's always Wolfgar. lol
- All of the roleplay as the pirates looking for their treasure! "Dropping out of pirate school is part of the cirriculum... in fact, the captain dropped out 5 times he did, and that's why he's captain!" good times... goooood times.
- "Maybe they have our treasure Captain!"
"Why would they leave the treasure out in the open? That's stupid!"
"cause' Landlubbers are stupid captn'!"
"...... good point..."
- playing as goblins that got away with the pirate gold!
- the Wolf mod, it was the "last huraah!" of the event, and boy was it.
- just remembering that my cleaning duty was signed off from cleaning dishes last night! Thank you again for that btw! =3

I think this weekend will be hard to top. also YOU BET YOUR ARSE I'LL BE AT WEEK IN THE LIFE!

... btw... Is it week in the life yet???? =D

IG - Rane Nightflute
OOG - Samantha Stassen
Last edit: 23 May 2012 00:00 by Rane (Sammyelf).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR)
22 May 2012 19:57 #22 by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli)
Replied by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli) on topic May 2012 Highlights

Elric_Ashby wrote: Also: "it was signed by James, so it has to be legit!"
The people that were in logistics on Sunday morning would know.

XD I forgot about this! YES! "What's wrong with these James?!" "Oh look at that...they're missing a date" XD

[Kamei Kunsai, Vassal and Health Administer of Kaladonia]
[Luminista Petsho-Aeislin]

(oog: Shannon F.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR)
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
22 May 2012 21:12 #23 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic May 2012 Highlights

Rane Nightflute wrote: ... btw... Is it week in the life yet???? =D

Look to your Right - something new's been added to answer your question!

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenn (JennF), Rane (Sammyelf), Belegchand (mcalo)
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
22 May 2012 21:41 - 22 May 2012 21:43 #24 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic May 2012 Highlights
Awesome stuff:

-Drinking myself silly at Luminista's bachelorette party.

-The mages guild was very full this month! Good to see all our new bunks in use.

-Strawberry effing shortcakes outside in perfect evening weather with a refreshing breeze on the side.

-Playing poker until the stroke of midnight. Although at the time we called it playing "Vigo wins." Definitely need to get in on more of these games.

-This exchange was overheard while Blacktree looted an ooze.
Blacktree: Bloo bluh bluh bleugh?
Ooze: Bleugh.

-So many new gypsies. Between this month and last, we are inundated. I can't wait for more awesome RP with all of you! <3

- Learning my third sphere, and once again having Geoff Schaller blow my mind a little bit with something else I didn't know about the weave.

-Staying up all night and then going treasure hunting with a white sorcerer. It was a little bit like a joke set up, really. A gypsy, a londwyn, a wild mage, and a couple of high elves stumble into the woods...

Not awesome stuff:

- I missed the Adventurer's Guild due to real life calling me away from game. Next month!

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
Last edit: 22 May 2012 21:43 by Josephine (mferro54).
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
22 May 2012 21:47 #25 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic May 2012 Highlights
There are many good moments from the event, but one little thing made it perfect for me.

Friday Night, at the Forge, Garret came storming up the ramp and into the Inn as an undead. As he came in the door and made a beeline for the middle of the room (I think someone had drawn aggro...), I picked up my hammer and hit him from behind with a Holy Strike. The flat of the hammer hit the back of his shirt, and a HUGE white puff of dust came up as Garret RPed crumpling like a sack of bones. It took me a moment to realize it was makeup powder, and not actual bone dust.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
22 May 2012 22:54 - 22 May 2012 22:56 #26 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic May 2012 Highlights
This was a great event. I had awesome RP with everyone.

NPC Shift:

Albius Tuddlesworth The 3rd returns! Shenanigans Ahoy!
Sun Ce of the turtle clan..... Quan Lui/Atrus/Mae Fong, you all were awesome hope to speak to you guys again soon!

Jack Cypher:

Talking to Lord Ardentfyre. John, you only left me with more questions. I look forward to our next chat!
Box hunting that lead to chasing after babies that were strung up as sacrifices to Glomm. Later with Aquwene and Philidan burying the bodies and consecrating the ground.
Adventurer's Guild!!!!
Seryth Temple!

MM Shift:

Norm you looked so badass.. you Abysmal creature... Go cry! Lol you looked like you were going to WRECK HOUSE!

Jack Cypher Part Dues:

Pat Hand thanks for Game of Thrones, the larp I look forward to chatting with Illservian soon!
3000 hour walk with Morwene/John/Carlotta/and the other person I can't remember..
Morwene... I'll tunnel-jack you as soon as I can.
Chatting with winks and Tsoli.
Tsoli: yes I would like some water.

Sorry for everything I forgot.. It was a looooong weekend! Super fun!

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
Last edit: 22 May 2012 22:56 by Jack (Keeperofdice).
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
23 May 2012 03:15 #27 by Clove (Mark)
Replied by Clove (Mark) on topic May 2012 Highlights
Friday night
new inquisitor hopefully :)
the gypsie wagon from hell
first ritual was a success!

Saturday
Good times with illana and corrupted lucas
Team zelridge and emar is full of win
adventurers guild quests are always fun stuff
tons of fun rp around feast time (all event actually)
main mod ritual, everyone did a great job and i loved being a part of it, made my event

OOG-Mark B
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
23 May 2012 18:13 #28 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)

Emar wrote: Friday night
new inquisitor hopefully :)
the gypsie wagon from hell
first ritual was a success!

Saturday
Good times with illana and corrupted lucas
Team zelridge and emar is full of win
adventurers guild quests are always fun stuff
tons of fun rp around feast time (all event actually)
main mod ritual, everyone did a great job and i loved being a part of it, made my event

Wait... you made the gypsy wagon from hell?
I ask because that was awesome!

• geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
23 May 2012 18:35 #29 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic May 2012 Highlights
First, a thank you to Steve and Kristen for the plot.

In no order:
I have three students, all of whom are excellent RPers and uniquely placed. You know who you are and thanks for the RP

Sitting with Slack and Ilserverian at the Mage's Guild when a 0 dark hundred train was working. "Hydra?"

Nice feast

Letting it all hang out with Kristin's mummy. Intercepting the Mummy's Curse and Resisting Curse.

Realizing IG that certain people are thieves, no matter what their professions and protestations.

Excellent RP with Jenn W's Bedouin. She and I had a nice little session with the SUNY Purchase people (you guys are great!). She was impressed with Edwin's manners. Damn you for being Mixolydia :-) .

Interesting conversation with Aleister on the Church. I am enjoying his growth both as a knight and a priest. A little nudging...

Matt M running as a Grim Guardian in the heat and humidity. Over and beyond the call of NPCing. After a bit, I waited in the shade, knowing people would attack me.

0300 Saturday/Sunday a bunch of Undead appear at the door of the Pendarvin statehouse, which currently has no latch and is extremely difficult to open. Playing the mindless undead they were, they shuffled around and went on:
Jackie "I think we should never put a handle on the door."
Me "That may be the best idea for the statehouse I have heard."

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Moirya
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
23 May 2012 20:09 #30 by Moirya (Moirya)
Replied by Moirya (Moirya) on topic May 2012 Highlights
I likely have other highlights for the event, I know one of them wasn't getting sick from sleeping outside in a tent.

One of them however WAS Matt playing my father. Thank you for making my history-mod awesome and hitting a spot on balance of crazy Ravenloft gypsy and just, bad things being bad.

And thank you Chris. :D

Prin mainile mele,
Moirya Arkanian
Squire to Sir Magnus Von-Ritter
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

OOG : Sam Dio
Logistics Marshal / New Player Marshal
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.879 seconds