October 2012 Highlights!

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
07 Oct 2012 21:47 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
October 2012 Highlights! was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
What an excellent weekend...

What started out as a less than stellar day for me on Friday before I left for KR quickly improved once I got on the road.

Pre-KR:
  • Show up at Karen Yashinski's house. Realize the front yard is FULL of Weeping Angel Cherubs.
  • Get to camp, begin setting up. no less than three people come to me and ask about how best to take care of their Sandlars.

Lay On!
  • The usual greetings and Role-Play on coming into town.
  • Sneaking Mother Chance's gift into her bed... only to find out it was Rayven's bed by accident. Whoops.
  • Teaching a new generation of students, as well as my current ones. This never gets old, or boring. Frank / Bran, the philosophy ramblings that came out of the smithing lessons were great.
  • The Wedding. "This is a wedding in Travance - someone is going to try and crash it. Jade, you're with me... Honor Guard for the couple."
  • Waitaminute... Kleidin is doing the ceremony?
  • Traditional Khitanese Ginger Candy. ZOMG Spicy! I liked it!
  • FEAST! I'd been teasing Sam M. all week beforehand that I was going to eat the whole thing myself before she could get it onto the table.
  • I was worried that people would not have enough to eat... I was VERY happy that people were considerate, shared, and asked around before taking seconds. Leftovers, too!
  • Sunday morning - more lessons taught.
  • Master Warrior Training - Final Round, FIGHT! Gidon held his own longer than Barak expected against the combined might of Barak and Aleister - a compliment Gideon did not take likely.
  • "Gideon, you're putting too much weight on your foot in that stance." OOG internal thought: "Dammit, that's the foot my OOG Senesi tells me I'm not putting enough weight on. Awkward!"

Looking forward to November already!

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annora (Karen)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
07 Oct 2012 22:10 #2 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic October 2012 Highlights!
My event started at Saturday night right after feast by sheer luck of having enough time to make it down to the event.

-Get on camp and into costume and dragged away by Chris Goley for an exciting entrance! "That hobbit just saved my life!"
-Spending my entire night with Belegchand, Elawyn, Mixolydia and several others researching VIM.
-The hours of crushing hopelessness that came after was just simply so much fun. Aleister and Elawyn playing "Who has more emotional scars?"
The look of horror and awkwardness from everyone around us just made it that much more hilarious.
-Sunday being a nice lazy day.

Good 18 hour event. Would full event next time.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn), TicTacToe (tictactoe)
07 Oct 2012 22:10 - 07 Oct 2012 22:11 #3 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic October 2012 Highlights!
Friday Night- Getting there being all frazzled that I missed Clergy Meeting but "it was pushed back" and realizing I could get dressed and ease into charactor.

Zeppto's Necromancer Mod- Was AWESOME before a rock decided it no longer wanted to be under my ankle and causing me to twist it. Thank you EVERYONE who helped me get from the Slab to the mages guilde and then to the monestary. I really can't thank you enough! Although, this probably saved Ekat from taking a focus walk since she didn't pull off what she was aiming to do. Ankle is sore but doing fine. Thank you guys sooo Much.

KITTEN! or as I called him - "Little box of purrrrrrr"

The last 2 hours I was there was chock full of amazing role Play. Thank you Gypsys and thank you Kwildar.

EDIT: THANK YOU SAM FOR COOKING ALL MY GUILTY PLEASURES!

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
Last edit: 07 Oct 2012 22:11 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar).
07 Oct 2012 22:22 #4 by dagnarusfirehilt (dagnarusfirehilt)
Replied by dagnarusfirehilt (dagnarusfirehilt) on topic October 2012 Highlights!
Honestly, my real highlight of the event was being gone for a full year and coming back to see old friends and feel like I've never been away.

Since I can't just leave it like that, my main highlight:

After getting sent flying with a body block by a chaos warrior
Erdrick - "Dagnarus are you okay?"
Dagnarus - "I will be in a minute, Hey future corpse come here!!"
**Incinerate**
Dagnarus - "Now I'm okay."

David Ludewig
IG - Dagnarus Artex Firehilt
08 Oct 2012 00:37 #5 by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli)
Replied by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli) on topic October 2012 Highlights!
Yay! Highlights time!

Friday:
-Getting to game somewhat on time, and getting a nice warm bed in the barn (instead of freezing in a tent).
-Wearing Kamei's warm garb after what seems like forever (not sure if good or bad thing...)
-Hanging around Ostcliff, helping out Angel with a few things, and talking with Sanniyah.
-Zipeto's Necromancer Mod!! SO GOOD! (Hope your ankle is feeling better, Ann ): ). But! Being sent on a round about wild goose chase to the final outcome and...being the "Brains" of the operation of the "good guys" as he so nicely put it. Now, Kamei is trying to figure out how to get into the spirit realm to talk to the necromancer....
-Sleep is glorious!

Saturday:
-Early morning NPC shift FTW!
-Getting to play a mephit! <3 So much fun, but everyone is so mean ;P Punting a poor little curious mephit like a soccer ball -nudge-
-Being an awesome entrance for Rayne where he freaked everyone out with a "round house decapitate" on 6 NPC's. Judge, you are one of my favorite people, you know that, right?
-Playing a ghost and getting to hang out with Harlee. Also, seeing the looks on peoples faces when you say "no effect" to regular damage.
-Cleaning up around logistics and doing make up for people ^_^

-Sanniyah's wedding!!!! It was so pretty and perfect, and getting to meet Lady Teila was fantastic! (yay momma! Back for the first time in forever!).
-Cake, people, food and RP. Also, Karla looked gorgeous in her outfit!
-Having a princess as our flower girl! She was so cute! And being protected by her brave knights and religious advisor.
-Getting to hang out with Solomon, so nice to see him again!
- Favorite quote: "So, we were talking about a mod that's going down later that involves tentacles. We were all like 'we need to get the khitan involved, especially Kamei.' " I laughed and laughed. And I realized, I love my friends a lot XD <3
-Cleaning up after feast with Tobar and singing and fun times!
-Glorious two hour nap <3 and missing main mod, only to be woken up by Tsoli for a mod...
-Let's just say, Kamei is a very patient person..and people should be glad of that.
-Leaving early! And sleeping in a warm, dry bed.

Sadly, this may be my last event for awhile (besides the ball) because of the cold. Though, there is one circumstance that you may all see me again in December, but we'll see. Thanks for a good event right before the possible "I hate cold"-Hiatus.

[Kamei Kunsai, Vassal and Health Administer of Kaladonia]
[Luminista Petsho-Aeislin]

(oog: Shannon F.)
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
08 Oct 2012 09:33 - 08 Oct 2012 09:37 #6 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic October 2012 Highlights!
My event was utterly brilliant! Thank you to everyone who did RP with me, no matter how briefly. I spent the whole event busy.

- Marigold. Constantly being frustrated by the fact that humans just make stuff up.
- Tagging along with the witch hunters on friday night as my level 6 alt. Scary!
- Between the kitten and the flowergirl/princess, I think my cuteness circuits are fried.
- Gideon forcing me out of my comfort zone (at least 3x). Dammit.
- Teaching Arden Silverbow a spell. Not something I ever expected to be doing. See previous highlight.
- I have my very own magic student now! (Besides the Guildmaster :P)
- YAHTZEE!
- I don't think I've ever done so much gypsy-related role play in a single weekend.
- Thank you Bill. You know what you did.
- All of the Tarot readings I did were wonderful on my end. I have to thank Jenn especially (I'm not even going to TRY to spell your PCs name). You were actually the first person to come to me with a specific question. And oh man, it was a doozy. Probably the most challanging reading I've done, not because the cards were unclear, but because I had to find the right way to break the news!
- Feast was delicious. Thank you Sam for expanding my tastes! I didn't even know grape leaves were edible.

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
Last edit: 08 Oct 2012 09:37 by Josephine (mferro54).
  • Ming Na
  • Strength Through Unity!
  • Thank Yous: 24
08 Oct 2012 14:08 #7 by Ming Na (Ming Na)
Replied by Ming Na (Ming Na) on topic October 2012 Highlights!
Wedding O my YES!!! If I was any happier or prouder mings hart would have shot out like a cannon!

Fall festival was grand!!! Pig roast for the win! Alisandria fix'ins for the SUPER WIN!

New super yurt decor grand, lots of good RP this weekend.

Seeing my court and nobles taking the stress and tasks a bit off of my shoulders. Waking the vassals up to its not to straiten up and fly right.

Making new nobles who really have hit the ground running right afterwords good tell as to there capacity.

In service to the people

Ming Nagata

OOC: Dan Gill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na)
08 Oct 2012 14:58 #8 by Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na)
Replied by Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na) on topic October 2012 Highlights!
I feel like I owned this weekend. I know I didn't... but guys .. lemme just think I did xD

I don't even know where to begin ....

Friday night :

After Lay on.. not a long time goes by until everyone around the Inn was attacked by those red fire fairy creature things .. you know ? you guys know

and the witch hunter meeting.. getting advice from Galen as always.

. talking with Edwin.

Aquena and Sannyiah teaching all of the lessons to new and old students in Ostcliff.

" We need someone to break an arm ! " Aquena

" We'll just break mine " Syn

" Kamei break my arm ! It's for a lesson " - Syn

" Tyr can I break Sannyiah's arm ? " Kamei

" No.. " Tyr

" Guys ... It's just an arm.. I can fix it " Syn

... Gets zee glare face lol

... Eventually .. heal limb lesson was taught without breaking the healers arm

Aquena and Sannyiah now have a little more faith in the next generation of healers (:

Saturday

.. Nothing.. what so ever...

Can I just like .. thank everybody who came OOG lol because I love you guys :-)

Surprisingly going to bed fairly early.. waking up at like 9 to walk to the Inn

Having breakfast and tea with Tyr, Oracle, and Shiku (-:

Having all of the butterflies and Father Paul, Quan Lui, Kliden, Edwin, Damien, and Aadien make sure she ate something. .. Like..

they all stressed the fact to eat something lol

At one point she began to feel sad because her father wasn't alive to be at the wedding.. of course Aadien saves the day with one

of their infamous talks. Who also tried to teach her things that morning but other things kept getting in the way.

Then he calls for her to help close the portal in the Inn. Never helped close a portal with healer's energy before.. actually

that was her first portal closing ever lol .

" But Adien if I have to help dump all of my energy into this portal I won't have any more energy for the rest of the period "

" Who cares you're getting married later "

" Works for me "

Spending some time in the Spirit realm with Nadya was needed. All of the wedding things started to make her nervous again, she needed to get away for a little bit

Once it was time to start getting ready .. getting all the girls together was an adventure in it of itself lol

Syn not wanting to be late to her own wedding... Kamie and Yue constantly reminding her it's her wedding ..they can't start without you {:

She worries.. It's what Syn does (:

Once we were all ready . all the girls tell me that we have a princess, a woman named Lady Tealia, some knights and

the Count's wife in the party ... * Poker Face *

Seeing how pretty everything was decorated ^_^

Sannyiah was so proud of Aquena when she told her that she was taking charge of the demon attack making sure nothing ruined the wedding lol

Of course Syn started to panic when they told her about that while they were getting ready

Coming down to the festival mid way ..." Did I miss my own wedding ... /?

One of the best highlights was having her brother walk her up the aisle <3

Kamei and Aquena fighting over who Shiku was walking down the aisle .. d'aww my brother's the ladies man in the family apparently

Kliden performing the ceremony meant so much to Sannyiah

Lemme tell you how thankful I was it didn't rain .. course fighting with the wind during the candle part was our trade off I suppose

It was kinda hard not gonna lie trying to keep a straight face every time the fire went out on our candles

Klidens speech during the ceremony <3

and finally the vows, the kiss... and we're married!!!! x3

When everyone began to come up to them it was a relief and reassurance that everyone was there for us with all the warm words and fuzzy feels..

how could anyone not be happy that day xD

Being able to spend time with the people she was worried weren't going to come.. but then seeing that they came .. one of the best moments ever lol

( They were these guyss -> Jade, Cooper, Gideon, Gregor, Tora and Galen)

When Edwin gave his wedding present to Syn.. I'm pretty sure she was going to have a heart attack because it was totally unexpected

Ming being all fatherly with Tyr :-)

Cutting the cake .. hehe. " Their trying " lol. It wasn't as easy as it looked :p

Only reason cake fight didn't ensue was because Lady Tealia did not want Sannyiah to get dirty

Jade was very protective Saturday .. One point she was doing a protective circle around Aquena, Syn , and a couple other's..

and at that point Aquena and Syn realized she had found her spirit ^_^

Hanging out outside before feast with everyone... Ming saying to Syn every timeee they passed each other " You still glowing ?? Aw.. she's still glowingg

but of course ! Father being Ming has to tell us " Your first and foremost priority .. I WANT GRAND-BABIES !!! "

and I just wanna say that when Sannyiah and Tyr have childern.. everyone who pressured her .. will be babysitting :p because

practically all of Ostcliff started talking about babies the second we we're married..

When ya gonna have kids ? Did you commensurate the marriage yet ? You know you need to produce an heir right ?

... TYR GET TO WORK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO PRESSURE GAUYS !

The Ostcliff guys being silly everytime Tyr and Syn were together :p

Feast !! Sam you did an awesome job. Will eat Sam's feast again :silly:

Mixoliyda's nice words about us were unexpected ^_^

Kyle taking our pictures after dinner took longer then normally since we were to busy being silly .. good thing he hearts us

After feast... Dan's mod for us down in Ostcliff fit in perfectly with everything going on that day. ^_^

Being apart of the whole spirit / dark druids magic problem. It's a good thing Sannyiah was also raised off of honor and dishonor..

She became extremely protective and defensive of Tyr and Shiku when that situation occured

Tempers flared.. People over reacted.. things were said that probably shouldn't have been said.. but thankfully everything worked out in the end

after that I ended up patrolling and learning with Justice and Cooper most of the night.

I think and oddly hope that monkey and cooper are going to be the ones to push Syn out of her

comfort zone and make her face her fears so she can become a good hunter. and make em proud one day.

Hanging out with everyone especialy Solomon during main mod.

The amount of loving badgerness she received from Tobar, Solomon, and Yue about why she was in the Inn in the first place and her husband was off during paperwork

when their supposed to be consummating their marriage and popping out babies . .. for only abouttttttt... 3 hours :p was my main mod for the weekend ^_^

Which brings me to the climax of the night when Solomon had Lord Darkheart order Sannyiah to go find Tyr so this marriage could be consummated..

when Syn told Seamus on her way out .. he approved
pffff:I heart you guys tooo :p

Sunday

Waking up in the Yurt to be greeted as Mrs. Na ... d'aww

Walking up with the group some of them were addressing her as Lady Na.. of course she would say this walking by strangers..

" Guys I'm not a lady... " .. strangers gave meh odd looks lol

They missed the part when she said afterwards .. " I mean.. I don't hold the position of that title lol "

While everyone was getting ready and cleaning.. Dante has the bright idea to bring in Max so he can see weather or not Syn was pregnant all ready..
" GUYS !! I CANNOT BE PREGNANT BY THE END OF THIS MOON AND POP OUT A BABY .. !! GIVE US A COUPLE MONTHS !! "
and the unepected gift from Tyr .. pretty things are pretty things :kiss: :-)
ya know.. love and unexpected are going to be my key words for this past event

During our meeting in Ostcliff I unexpectedly had to teach an impromtu lesson to someone .. who was more worried that I was upset with her ..
when I'm just making sure you know what you're getting into when you necessarily don't need to have what ya learned <3

It's nice to see Syn starting to take control and charge of things when she needs to

Shiku told her the story of his sword and how she can now use it with what it's strength is because she's now a Na :-)

Sunday was a nice relaxing day ^_^

I'm not positive I'll be at the next event but if I am... it's a wholeee neww worldd :woohoo:

-> Sannyiah ' Syn ' Amarie Tempest Na

Healer of Travance
Ambassador of Alisandria
Apprentice to Aiden DelDragon
Apprentice to Gregor Borowitz
OOG: Karla

And though she be but little.. she be fierce,,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana)
08 Oct 2012 14:59 #9 by Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na)
Replied by Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na) on topic October 2012 Highlights!
D'aww Dan I'm so happy that you're so happy and excited that you're so proud ^_^

Healer of Travance
Ambassador of Alisandria

08 Oct 2012 15:10 #10 by Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na)
The Wedding. "This is a wedding in Travance - someone is going to try and crash it. Jade, you're with me... Honor Guard for the couple."
x3 Thanks guys
Waitaminute... Kleidin is doing the ceremony?
hehe Don't you know by now I'm always full of surprises ?

Healer of Travance
Ambassador of Alisandria

• geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
08 Oct 2012 15:57 - 08 Oct 2012 17:15 #11 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic October 2012 Highlights!
i appreciated all the concern and support shown Charlie.

Not having to show my Surgeon's permission slip.

The bed on which I slept not breaking until I left it Sunday AM. Really, that could have been an "interesting situation."

Giving gifts is easy - giving the appropriate ones, not so.

RP with Valentine, Maralas, and Angeleana was nice and on and off all weekend. The latter is going to make my life <<interesting>> and we all know the myriad of definitions that can pertain to that word in Travance.

Collecting a favor from the bride for someone else - I wish I could have seen Syn stamp her feet and fume.

Explaining to a scholar with the Arcane Academic Tradition exactly what is due a Master assigned to oversee one's research. It felt good to let out some of my inner Edwin after being "nice" for a bit - well nice for Edwin.

Hearing Bagwell use my name as a verb, which is better than being a meal.

At the beginning of the third wave of impish attacks I picked up my sword when going out and someone said "Must be serious - he took a weapon."

It is always a pleasure to come to a meeting of the minds with those with whom I have had disagreements in the past.

RP with Hadrian - always a pleasure.

But I must say, my top highlight was watching Emily A eat Sunday morning. The woman has gusto and style when it comes to tucking into her food.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Last edit: 08 Oct 2012 17:15 by geezer (geezer). Reason: correction
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bagwell (Bagwell), Angeliana (Angeliana)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
08 Oct 2012 15:58 #12 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic October 2012 Highlights!
So much of the classic awsome it was great! Great to see everyone again!
First of all the feast. OMG THE FEAST!!!!! MAJOR PROPS TO THE COOK!!!

Second first death was entertaining. i always wondered what might be my death.(funniest part of that was being reanimated by doctor maxwell)

Third: Chris Zippedo's trick or treat mod. That was a major screw you to everyone but also incredibly awsome!

Fourth npcing part of the giant undead snake. my favorite mod as an npc so far.

I hope to see you all next event and have even more awsomely awsome fun

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
  • Gregor
  • Thank Yous: 10
08 Oct 2012 16:12 #13 by Gregor (Caleb)
Replied by Gregor (Caleb) on topic October 2012 Highlights!

HOBBIT PORTAL SPELUNKING!!!!!!

all the cool hobbits are doing it!!
It can even save a Lord from being trapped in another Plane.

What really tied it all together was as Jed, TicTacToe & I were walking to the next Spelunk Hole, the aforementioned 3'7" Hobbit fell up a mound of dirt.
It was so funny, Judge & I were incapacitated that a zero level commoner with 2 witha'd limbs swinging negative damage could have killed us both in 1 minute.

Gregor Borowitz
Court Healer of Alisandria

Guild Member of the Black Orchid Merchant Company

OOG:Stephen Bukovsky
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na), Quin (Quin), TicTacToe (tictactoe)
08 Oct 2012 16:22 #14 by Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na)
Oh Charlie she did .. not about the lesson .. but about how Edwin went about it .. you know her all to well :P

Healer of Travance
Ambassador of Alisandria

08 Oct 2012 16:47 #15 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic October 2012 Highlights!

geezer wrote: RP with Valentine, Rebecca (I cannot spell your IG name) and Angeleana was nice and on and off all weekend.

Her name is "Maralas", just as an FYI

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
  • Kleidin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 152
08 Oct 2012 17:53 #16 by Kleidin (Kleidin)
Replied by Kleidin (Kleidin) on topic October 2012 Highlights!
Had a great time this month.

It was such an honor to officiate the wedding. The decor, guests and food were exceptional. Thank you, all for being there!

the most rediculous thing I have EVER seen in Travance - STUPID LUCKY HOBBIT TRICKS FOR THE WIN!

only a hobbit could have the supernatural luck to

dive into the realm of Agorra cause she was bored.
Find Lord Aleister and help him excape.

therefore stupid Hobbit tricks save a Lord of the land.

Feast Rocked and rolled, and I filled my belly with happiness.

Witchhunter meeting on Friday and the possible political mess that may come to pass - the opnly non-master that actually said a word to the noble we conversed with.

The look of 'Why me' from Lord Brightstar when I informed him of a noble visiting next month.

Learning Mind Citadel from Lady Brightstar - finally have my own MIND DEFENSE!!!!!! - and ability to give it to those who need it most.

Lady Kleidin du Tenkukai Weaveforger Laurent-Belmont of Kaladonia
Master Witch Hunter, and Elder Druid
OOG: Diane Sodher
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na), TicTacToe (tictactoe)
08 Oct 2012 18:39 #17 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic October 2012 Highlights!
NPCing the weekend was a lot of fun. It was a bit difficult at times and sometimes people thought I was Ilana until I started talking past information. My favorite part was when people brought up research and I would insist it was work that I did not enjoy. They would get really confused and then ask "Wait... who are you?"

---
Syl:

-Cypher tentatively introducing his brother Thaddeus (sp?) to Tanis and Syl.
Tanis leaves for a brief time:
Cypher "And any minute he's going to come back and accuse her of cohorting with us."
Not 5 seconds after this sentence, Tanis comes back and in a concerned tone, "Dear, what are you still doing here talking to them?"
Thaddeus: "Well, that was pretty spot on."

-Blight/True Warlock mod pelting shadow tendrils and apparently the true warlock which I had no idea about till the end where Tanis did an awesome trick (Thanks to Barak for the Electrum)

-Morning Potion making hour. Trying to be more polite with Bolton. I used his name and offered to sell him potions... that's a start.

-Apparently amusing/impressing the Witch Hunters with a simple answer to a complicated question.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
08 Oct 2012 18:46 #18 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic October 2012 Highlights!
This event was insane, my life has seriously turned into an episode of the young and the restless.

Event started out rough, wasn't feeling well and this amazing girl (sorry I forget your name) saved me with herbal tea, can't thank you enough.

Friday night crazy conversations and revelations of a certain celt, very unexpected, leading to above young and restless situation.

Its amazing to me that the whole Pes thing was four years ago, and it still leads to amazing rp and conversations each and every event.

Learning all kinds of interesting things from Bagwell and continuing a very different friendship.

Informing a healer what the portal was in the inn, and getting my eyes exploded for it.

Shots with Vampires ;)

Amazing conversation with someone I have known almost 8 years, who it finally dawned on me, I really don't know this person at all.

Getting to play Aria again after all of these years was awesome, and having to rectify old Aria with religious Aria.

Watching the pc's "blow up" heaven

The most awkward and embarrassing proposal ever...embarrassment continuing to the point of its going to be an awkward marriage.

Accidentally making Tari a prize to be won in two celt egos

Going to a Kaledonia squire ceremony, and for the first time ever actually feeling like a part of Kaledonia as opposed to just being a civil service machine ;)

Finally realizing I still have some personal issues to work through, and freaking out horribly. Thank you to the Alisandrian guys, you know who you are, for being so understanding about my reaction. I really appreciate you all letting me live my embarrassment and upset down.

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bagwell (Bagwell)
  • TicTacToe
  • Thank Yous: 4
08 Oct 2012 19:29 #19 by TicTacToe (tictactoe)
Replied by TicTacToe (tictactoe) on topic October 2012 Highlights!
I am still grinning. That was so much fun!!!

Tic Tac Toe

OOG:
Eve F.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quin (Quin), Bagwell (Bagwell)
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
08 Oct 2012 19:42 #20 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic October 2012 Highlights!
- playing "Where's Sorel?" every 5 minutes
- attuned 2 people to the Phokus this event. (:
- jumped through the spirit rift 6 TIMES before it did anything negative...
- being included in witch hunter things because apparently I'm close enough
- mind powers summoning Matt C. to come make me coffee were successful.
- stealing Sorel's circlet and being called Sorel by a large number of people
- playing an Agguaran saint... sadly I could not get anyone to follow me long enough to torture them *sigh*
- surprisingly enough, I was not killed and allowed to return to the Fields of Pain and Strife when I cried about wanting to go home. (hey, I was only 12.)
- main mod: spending most of the time hunting down Liam's vampire. Neither of us really got anywhere, continuing to heal ourselves for 400 every few minutes...
- researching soul damage and VIM with Belegchand, Mixolydia and Aleister.. and hoping Belegchand would actually leave the library...
- most of the event: "Angelica, why are you so sad? What can I do for you?" "Aleister's soul is dying......" "...oh. KBYE"

Overall good event, would have been better if I didn't have to leave early :( oh well. Try not to die in November since I'm apparently the only healer over level 40 ok

OOG: Zelda Turqman
  • Paige
  • Est July, 1202
  • Thank Yous: 1
08 Oct 2012 20:16 #21 by Paige (Paige)
Replied by Paige (Paige) on topic October 2012 Highlights!
From what I can recall..

Making psalms out the wazzu, good filler BUT I gave up most of scholar and somehow do more scholar crap then ever before out of nowhere. Decorating the Gaian tree, it has become my Saturday morning ritual, one that I enjoy the hell out of (thanks Ann for the help). Becoming a vassal to Ostcliff, really was surprised, oh and.. the sash is fuzzy :)

Not to forget the awesome RP with a certain few as well as all around great conversations both IG and OOG. Was a chill event...relaxed and made social. Fair trade.

Templar Paige N. Merlot Darkheart of the Kindred Oak

"Act not in hatred or in spite
Even if it means your life"

Heather ~OOG Human
  • Oren Tenderson
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Be better than you were the day before.
  • Thank Yous: 172
08 Oct 2012 20:48 #22 by Oren Tenderson (Tormy)
Replied by Oren Tenderson (Tormy) on topic October 2012 Highlights!
biggest highlights:

Running around main mod for a good fifteen minutes trying to avoid getting hit while looking for a healer. I was at 8 body that entire time.

Introducing some towns members to Travances favorite game. "Does It Mulch?"

Guard meeting went well, and so did the council meeting.

NPCing for sword plot was great. Loved seeing that everyone had a good time on that mod.

spending most of the game on a scraped up shin, but seemingly no one noticing me limping on it slightly.

the conversations with key members of town, and the apologies I made to some of the younger members of town (not being around for certain things)

Worst tactic ever. HOW DID THIS WORK!? I have a new way of punishing NPCs that piss off Oren. lol

Captain Oren Zero Tenderson of the Royal Baronial Guard of Travance.

OOG- William Bartlett
Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na)
08 Oct 2012 21:15 #23 by Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na)
Running around main mod for a good fifteen minutes trying to avoid getting hit while looking for a healer. I was at 8 body that entire time.

* My bad !! I knew I should've been there xD

Healer of Travance
Ambassador of Alisandria

• Bagwell
  • Thank Yous: 0
08 Oct 2012 21:32 - 08 Oct 2012 21:59 #24 by Bagwell (Bagwell)
Replied by Bagwell (Bagwell) on topic October 2012 Highlights!
Friday Hanging out with everybody having a great time. Catching up with Sir Slack. Kicking it with Jade and then going with her to escort a merchant to Kaledonia, or so we thought. He dominated Jade's will and then did the same to me, my will-power and ignore magic failed epically. We then went to Pendarvin and saw Lord Ardenfire and Sir Dougal. The Merchant talked to Lord Aderenfire and said "Jade, Bagwell kill them." They were quite suprised. Dame Zafrin Yahtzee grabbed a prone Lord Arden fire and took off toward the inn with the two vampires and Jade in pursuit. Blagwel told them my knee was bad so he told me to go kill everone I could in Kaledonia. Bagwell lured Caelvan out of the tent and struck him twice before he cleverly led me into a trap in the tent that knoocked me that out cold. Once they were sure he was back to normal they turned Bagwelln loose. He apologized to his freinds and belined for the inn looking for pay back, only to find out the Vampires had been dispatched. Apologized to Lord Arednfire and Sir Dougal who were very understanding. Jade told Bagwell she understood exactly how he felt. Bagwell, who does not ususally drink, got wrecked and went all I lodve you man.

Saturday: NPC shift. I got to be a greater Devil and a ghost called Lance, it was a lot of fun. Later Klyden taught Bagwell druid spells, fun as always.Bagwell gave npc a tour of the barony and he turned out to be a psion that made al sorts of trouble after he went for his lessons with Klyden. Between this and the Vampires Bagwell began to question the wisdom of helping others. He sought advice on the matter and his friends told him that helping others is worth the risk, so he will continue to do so. Ate feast with Aleria and Dougal outside, feast was amazing. Went to Pendarvin and kicked it with those folks at the fire, good times. Main mod held the inn with friends, Got to kill a necromancer, happy Bagwell. Congradulated Wulfganr on his knighting. Hung with many friends until very late. Kicked it with Tari and learned more about her past. Discussed philosophy with Dame Hartwoode, Angel and Doctor Maxwell. Also kicked it with Laertes, Alexander,Utrid. Met Tic Tac Toe and Ua (sp sorry Jenny) whom were awesome.

Sunday: Had really good spiced coffee. Went off and fought gnolls. Helped with Galens master warrior lesson and I owe Galen a bottle:) Bagwell got to trade a few swings with Lord Tarterus, they both agreed to spar more at a future date.

Awesome event lots of great role play. Miss you all already.

Bagwell
Be a shield of the weak,
Be obedient to your liege-lord,
Be foremost in battle,
Be generous at all times.

OOG John H"
Last edit: 08 Oct 2012 21:59 by Bagwell (Bagwell).
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
08 Oct 2012 22:02 #25 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic October 2012 Highlights!
This event went rather well for me.

Friday night:
"It's Casual Dismemberment Friday already?"
Wrecking some imps, mephits, and demon-thingies that kept attacking the inn.
Finally becoming attuned.

Saturday:
Elric actually meeting Saint Astrid was actually a huge highlight for him, and he started telling people that the fact that she arrived in the middle of Ostcliff, just a stone's throw from where a wedding was being held, was an extremely good omen.

Main mod:
somewhat uneventful, not going to lie.

Saturday night:
While Elric is talking to a few of the witchhunters, we hear something shuffling and groaning heading our way. we all look at the same time, and thirty seconds later; we were back to having our conversation.

Sunday was a nice quiet day, with the in-game memorial for Shane/Seamus' grandmother. That was probably the most emotional moments, both in and out of game, that I have had in a long time.

Tea time in Winterdark: 'nuff said.
Cannot wait until November!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
09 Oct 2012 14:57 #26 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
Replied by Gabrian Grottings (E.B) on topic October 2012 Highlights!
While there were a number of highlights (and only one or two lows) my experience as a NPC rogue late Saturday night stood out as being particularly worthy of note in ways both funny and terrifying.

I am a strong advocate for incorporating OOG skills into characters in order to better flesh them out and give people memorable experiences. So when I got dressed up all in black, with some corpse tree vines for camo, and set out to use some parkour skills my intent was to scare a group of people down in Ostcliff and give them something fun to remember.

So, when I had the tables turned on me I couldn't help but laugh.

I won't say much but to whomever it was that left the caravan and took a brief walk to the edge of the woods, you almost scared the piss out of me! You missed me by about 2 ft.

For everyone else in that caravan, I hope you enjoyed the creepy hijinks of npc roguery turned slenderman mod.

Eli
RP Marshal
  • Gregor
  • Thank Yous: 10
09 Oct 2012 17:05 #27 by Gregor (Caleb)
Replied by Gregor (Caleb) on topic October 2012 Highlights!
Oh and just to make sure you all don't forget....

Brian Hahn is awesome.

Gregor Borowitz
Court Healer of Alisandria

Guild Member of the Black Orchid Merchant Company

OOG:Stephen Bukovsky
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
09 Oct 2012 17:45 #28 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic October 2012 Highlights!
my highlights...

i came... by myself... by driving. that in itself is a miracle. :cheer:

saw many friends and faces. saw people having fun. the wedding looked great. people seemed pumped for the upcoming battle & events for the night.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Lathiel
  • The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.
  • Thank Yous: 52
09 Oct 2012 17:56 #29 by Lathiel (Lathiel)
Replied by Lathiel (Lathiel) on topic October 2012 Highlights!
This was a great event! There were really no lowlights, i mean I guess it could have been a little bit warmer. Other than that a great event.

Friday Night
Lay on!
The first portal opens up and people are told not to look in or else they will lose their eyes, but they still do it anyway.
Asked Aquene to the ball and gave her a rose and she accepted (Not that anyone DIDN'T know within the first hour)
Nothing really much happened besides being tired, so I went to bed

Saturday Morning/Afternoon
Waking up at a certain time and just staying in the Mages' Guild for an extra 2 or 3 hours just cause and had to occasionally leave to respond to any battles and I would head right back to the Mages' Guild.
Other battles.
The Wedding + the combat at the Wedding was great because it was my first time weaponcasting. Congrats to Sannyiah and Tyr!
Feast was quite good! I love pita bread.

Saturday Night
NPC Shift
Most definitely my most favorite Main Mod and overall NPC Shift. I played the Main Mod boss.
Even though I was the boss, I was quite easy to put down when you have the Welshers, Gambino, Jackie, Jon, and Justis on you and having to defend against any attack I could because it would kill me sooner.
It was such a fun experience anyway and will be glad to do it again.

Sunday Morning
Waking up, I was so sore.
Because of being sore, I stayed in my bed for an extra hour because it felt so good.
Eating bacon is one of the greatest things ever!
Going off to fight some Knolls.
Learned another lesson from Master Haroldson.
That was about it and had a really fun time overall

Really looking forward to the November event.

Lathiel 'The Scourge' Silverbow
Master of the Mages' Guild
Paladin of the White Fox

While others succumb, we overcome. ~ Silverbow Motto
OOG - Nick B.
09 Oct 2012 19:57 #30 by ShakesTheLeaves (ShakesTheLeaves)
Replied by ShakesTheLeaves (ShakesTheLeaves) on topic October 2012 Highlights!
It was good to see everyone, both old friends and new faces.

Friday night was a lot of fun NPCing for Kristin M. and playing vampires with Alex B. I am almost sad those characters had to die, I would gladly play the role again. Everyone that my NPC interacted with made it easy for me to improvise the new role and stay in character. Keep it up.

Saturday was a nice time , thankfully the weather held out.

This went through my head as I came to from the domination of Brian Hahn's NPC Psion:
(Hahn)

Always seeming to be right next to people when they turn around in the woods and startling them was fun.

Saturday Night campfire RP with Judge "Jed", "Gregor", "Tic tac toe" and others made my character feel as though there were some sensible people left in Travance - oddly enough-

I hope to come back again in a few months, if not the upcoming holiday season then perhaps next year.

Be healthy and happy and safe journey everyone.

-Craig

Real calling: Craig Edward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ming Na (Ming Na)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.873 seconds