November 2012 Highlights

• geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
05 Nov 2012 12:18 - 05 Nov 2012 12:21 #1 by geezer (geezer)
November 2012 Highlights was created by geezer (geezer)
I was very glad to be in attendance.

I enjoyed making 50 servings of root vegetable/beef stew Friday, even though way too many people helped themselves without paying.

Friday night's Witch Hunter Mod was great (this includes the section in the Inn as well) - enough combat for the bloodthirsty, and plenty of RP and thinking for others. Got to use some of my dustier lores, for which I thank Kristen. This led to my first ever Scrying Ritual.

It was a hoot to have Sam R playing a mook undead. I took advantage of it and killed him a few times, as I am certain such an opportunity will not soon again present itself. I also enjoyed the usually gregarious Steve O portraying the taciturn, hot tempered "Third Hunter."

Fireplace in the Cook's Room! Warmth ftw.

Sam D searching for her PJs. She coud have been wearing them and still would have forgotten where they were. :cool:

Saturday - made more stew, and ate some of Kleiden's wonderful lentil (with a touch of sausage/bacon) stew.

After the Mages' Guild meeting, walking with Carlotta to the Inn and testing her to see if I believed her ready to advance. She passed, mostly by having the guts to correct me on a (deliberate) error I made. For where she wants to go, she has to be confident enough to correct a master. Good RP session which I heartily enjoyed.

Research on many topics, which led to me bailing Alex T's NPC out of jail and helping (IG, and with no knowledge that it would lead to) with the hook for part of Saturday night's mods.

Sunday - Damn you Dan Gill for buying everyone breakfast - I made 45 omelettes, many with challah toast. I could have provided toast for everyone, if people had not helped themselves to one of the loaves.

Sorcery and teaching - completed another Scry, a tricky permanency (there were two enchantments on the item and I could not personally touch it), and a nice piece of Orange Sorcery (if I say so myself), all 4th ranks. In between I gave Quan Liu an advanced lesson (which he said was one of the hardest he received, and yet not a hand or weapon was brandished), and started Carlotta's initiation into her next path, while teaching a skill to the Guildmaster. No apprentices, but some fairly interesting itinerant students.

The Scry for Tobar will lead to some long term RP for us both.

I must say that Norm rolled as well as Jackie, so as long as I stay away from Jonny G's dice, I should be fine in the future.

In between thee were lots f new players, many with whom I was able to interact. You guys did fine and I hope to see more of you in the future.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Last edit: 05 Nov 2012 12:21 by geezer (geezer). Reason: typos
05 Nov 2012 12:47 #2 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic November 2012 Highlights
Friday-

Dopplerganger Ekatarina who was still pissed off about things from last event and had to work with the most ORGANIZED LIGHT CLERGY EVER.

"People are going to know something's up with ALL of light clergy rolls in together" Kate

Changing into Niena and discovering I had two right ears and couldn't figure out why. Morowin saved the day, after getting a Lore: Morowin lesson.

Saturday-

-Feeling a little lost as Niena since all the people she normally RPs with weren't around yet or didn't make it this event. ButI survived and met Oscliff and had some good times.

-Realized I need to get healing salves or scrolls or something... Maybe at least learn waylay. But that can be another month.

Sunday-

Low light- HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET SPIRIT GUM OUT OF YOUR HAIR???

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
  • THENPC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Assassins Do It From Behind
  • Thank Yous: 126
05 Nov 2012 13:25 #3 by THENPC (THENPC)
Replied by THENPC (THENPC) on topic November 2012 Highlights

Ekatarina McKraegar wrote: Low light- HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET SPIRIT GUM OUT OF YOUR HAIR???

Scissors

I have to say this was a pretty A+ event between the WH stuff and the Chronicler stuff, especially when they got tangled. The light clergy attempting to interrogate me while I had other, more important matters to take care of with the Hunters was almost as big a highlight as how fast the entire town swarmed them and cut them down as soon as Raven swung at me. Not until they had all fallen did anyone bother to stop and ask me what had happened. I'm touched, I really am. :cool:

Even if the VonRitters ordered Magnus and I to stay neutral in the matter, the trip to the House tomb was still a great mod, as was all the resulting ripple effect of RP that was shared among the hunters and many others for the rest of the event.

Also, looking forward to beginning house testing on the next generation.

I have to say that Chronicler doesn't get much attention anymore, so to have neutral god stuff being the focus for a change was cool. Furthermore, as a story and as a mod it seemed to exemplify the difficulties and nuances of neutral god worship, especially the ever-curious Chroniclerites.

Adversus Nox Noctis,
Sir Lethias Discretion Nathaniel Peregrin Christopher Wrathchild VonRitter
Knight of Travance
Putting the Shiv in Chivalry Since 1202

Mortem facit omnes aequales, vitam facit omnes fratres
Vince The NPC;
RM, RPM, ST
05 Nov 2012 15:06 #4 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic November 2012 Highlights
I must say, there was something strangely cathartic about cutting down what appeared to be the light clergy.

I love Chroniclerite plots. All you have to do to get involved or learn what's going on is to ask.

On Friday, I was told to muster not one but two groups to attack the cult. Between Caelvan and I, we were ready in under 15 minutes.

Some convenient gnolls provided an excellent guard recruitment test. If you're walking, you're doing it wrong!

After many, many months, finally learning some new bard songs. And, this time, from one of my own students. Jen, your face when I told you that you would be teaching me for once was delightful.

Mage's Guild cupcakes: they're magically delicious!

My first death. I managed to keep running for ten minutes before looking down and realizing I left the cliff quite a while ago.

Lots of swordplay lessons. Slamming Zathir's pants clear off.

A very interesting discussion with Aleister. It's been a long time coming. As a result, I have new short and long term goals.

Val's Fanfare of Ego Inflation.

My loot from main mod: 9 gold, 6 silver, 51 cents.

NPCing the craziest wildmage. Then, the Ghost of Chaos Past.

A Scrying ritual that will lead to another very interesting Scrying ritual.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
05 Nov 2012 15:36 #5 by Clove (Mark)
Replied by Clove (Mark) on topic November 2012 Highlights
I'd have to say my favorite part of the event was during my npc shift. A major OCD/ major phobia of nice people wildmage hell-bent on sorting the rock pile outside the Pendarvin statehouse.

OOG-Mark B
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Josephine (mferro54), Bagwell (Bagwell), Annora (Karen)
05 Nov 2012 15:48 #6 by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH)
Replied by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH) on topic November 2012 Highlights
this may have been my favorite event to date. How perfect, as I've realized that this was my one year anniversary of joining knight realms!

Overall: Chroniclerite plot! This is the first time I really felt plot applied to me so much more than just being a member of Travance

Friday night: playing Adrianna again! Knowing this time so much more about her, including age, motivations, and especially her color. Better yet, first use of spirit of the dragon.
-getting my first role play point as one of my characters since January
-new players this moon, I adore you all. I loved interacting with you as both of my characters!
-realizing how screwed I potentially was going to be as soon as I returned as my chroniclerite priestess Sunday morning after being attacked by "Chroniclerites" all night
-realizing I was knocked to unconscious more times in one night than I had been the entirety of my year here. I like getting to play a front line fighter sometimes, but I think I'm glad I don't do it all the kind

Saturday:
-while I wish I could have Been more involved in the Chroniclerite plot from the beginning.....Saturday til 6 was mostly about feast.
-So much thanks to Jen and a few of the new/newer players! I couldn't have pulled it off without you!
-being asked for my recipe
-being part of Kaladonia, for many many reasons. I love my new land, it fits me so perfectly.
-meeting another Priest of Chronicler for the first time IG.
-Seeker of Chronicler. Enough said
-scholar mod. It was really cool having to recreate ancient events, and a lot of fun as well. It was also nice to have some real impact as a scholar other than for research
-Being asked to move in with Almat's boyfriend. Ball is basically our one year anniversary, so that will be really awesome as well.
-all the rp that came with those journal pages. Those were really amazingly well done, and the affect of the ending.....wow

Sunday:
-First arch caster lesson!
-lessons from Typhon.
-impact of watching Dr. Structo and the seeker slain right in front of us. Again, so much love for this weekend plot.

I know there were so many more things that I am blanking on right now. Mostly, thanks to everyone for coming despite the conditions, and making this an amazing event!

~Charani Yhatzi

OOG: Sharone Horowit-Hendler
kitchen staff
  • Moirya
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
05 Nov 2012 17:06 - 06 Nov 2012 15:39 #7 by Moirya (Moirya)
Replied by Moirya (Moirya) on topic November 2012 Highlights
Medusa times! Being a sneaky snake lady and hiding behind all my slithery protectors.

And as much fun as Medusa npcing was, I'm pretty sad I missed half of the friday night WH mod as a result. But... there is always next time, sort of, kind of.

Late, late, late night hanging around Mixolydia's fire with some good company.

Finally, officially squired. Hurrah!

I really enjoyed the entire Chroncilerite focus of the weekend, I've always hemmed and hawed between Galladel and Chronicler for Moirya and never really settled on one or the other. But I do sometimes wish I just went Chroniclerite and this event reminded me of why :P

Charlie, you are very welcome for me waking you up to hunt down PJs, socks, phone, lantern, macguffins and just about everything else!

I'm stoked about the Guard returning to back how it used to be and can't wait to see what it turns into.

The Bat Cooper witch hunter and then some talk. Good times!

Almost brutally murdering Darius. Look Sam, I just wanted an excuse to hit on Darius and couldn't do it as my PC, obvs.

Edit cause my memory sucks!

The gal who sung a Mumford and Sons song at feast!

And Yahtzee Last Supper!

Prin mainile mele,
Moirya Arkanian
Squire to Sir Magnus Von-Ritter
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

OOG : Sam Dio
Logistics Marshal / New Player Marshal
Last edit: 06 Nov 2012 15:39 by Moirya (Moirya).
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
05 Nov 2012 17:57 - 05 Nov 2012 17:58 #8 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic November 2012 Highlights
- Swooping in and saving feast by making the dessert and working with Luis to make sure everything went smoothly.
- Witch hunter mod on Friday night
- Awesome squire is awesome
- Personal assistant= ftw
- All the props Alex and Keith made for the weekend looked sweet.
- Winterdark hospitality sponsered by Mixolydia

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
Last edit: 05 Nov 2012 17:58 by Kelly (Kelly).
  • Orion
  • The faster you run, the faster I'll catch you.
  • Thank Yous: 21
05 Nov 2012 18:51 #9 by Orion (Orion.)
Replied by Orion (Orion.) on topic November 2012 Highlights
-My first event!
-Getting to play an explosive snake and watching all you high level people scream in agony from it.
-Slaying a fire drake and getting a role play point for it!
-Watching the intensity of the main mods (even though I was completely useless) was fantastic
-Sitting by the fire and eating s'mores with several people and making friends along the way

(Thanks again for an awesome first event!)

Orion Cahl
Wayfinder

===========================================
OOG: Kevin Downing
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen)
05 Nov 2012 19:25 #10 by Herrister G.D. Reynolds (steaknbits)
Replied by Herrister G.D. Reynolds (steaknbits) on topic November 2012 Highlights
First Event I ever went to and it was a blast! I don't even know where to begin

-Friday-
New player Arrival and training was fantastic. Thanks to the marshals who ran it and the NPCs who took part. Your patience with us Fresh players was commendable! Big shout out to the other Fresh players as well! I spent time with several of you, but I'll get the rest of you next time!
Assault on the False Chroniclerite caravan was fantastic! Fighting back the lizardkin and keeping our shield wall going was fun, best part was when I and a woman with a shield protected a few healers as they got a few downed fighters back on their feet.

-Saturday-
Woke up with the sun and head off for breakfast! Big thanks to the nice girl who gave me the gold I needed to be able to afford it! Wish I could remember your name.
Return to the camp to wake up my friend, only to find Gnolls are everywhere and kidnapped people from my bunk! thank goodness I got up early, as when we finally fought our way back to the inn breakfast was done being served. (It was glorious. My compliments to the chef)
New Player mod, Magnus took a bunch of us newer players out into the woods where I would like to think I slew more than my fair share of Undead Trolls. Big thank you to all the healers who kept me going.
Kitchen Duty first shift- Glad I could help out Sharone! Sorry I had to run off in the middle. It was a ton of fun, and I'm so happy I could help out making such a delicious feast. Still want that recipe! Luis and Sharone ran a great kitchen, and I'm glad to have been a part of it. Being the Kitchen Bard was fun!
NPC Duty was so fun. Playing a pirate in that library mod was so much fun.
Hanging out with Cale and Ataru as we hunted down the tortured wild mages was great fun. And then we were attacked by Demonic Trolls.
-Sunday-
Another great breakfast! Then that exciting battle against all of the elementals out in front of the inn

Thanks to everyone who made this event amazing for me, I look forward to playing Lar again next event!

OOG:
Jason P.
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
05 Nov 2012 21:19 - 05 Nov 2012 21:21 #11 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic November 2012 Highlights
I just want to give a major shout out to Keith and Alex for a fantastic weekend. It was a complete and utter blast running around helping with this whole thing as my PC. I'm mean it honestly that it was nice to be useful in all respects. Originally I wasn't even supposed to be at the event but Sandy cancelling previous plans made it possible and I am weirdly grateful because of the experience and growth my PC went through.

Highlights:
~Dying for the very first time. Misaki had done his duty and died protecting me as well (guess you took your b-day death Cy like you predicted). The townmembers didn't see us propped up on the doors of the inn as those Chaos Elementals ganked half the town. It was a lot of fun to see how many people reacted strongly to my PC being killed and instantly people seeking out Dr. Maxwell to reanimate me. Even Archer was upset and searching for Dr. Maxwell so I felt some Pendarvin love going around. Those who did not know me personally apparently knew my reputation enough to go "oh crap...Ardin is gonna be PIIIIIIIISSED" down in Ostcliff. Thank you Father Elrick for carrying me all the way there after running all over to find Dr. Maxwell with my body. Dr. Maxwell--though you said I was the worst dead body ever, you had to admit it was fun. Downside--I'm slightly crazy again.
~The lovers spat RP afterwards between Aemorniel and Misaki when he was reanimated. To those who witnessed the choke--it was fake. Believe me--stage combat is my job practically. Very proud of you Cy for pulling that off convincingly and catching me off guard with that. Afterwards the RP where they talked it out in their usual awkward fashion was very sweet. Their romance, though rocky at times, really is seeming to blossom.
~Waking up to being Reanimated with Ardin hovering over me, me laying on Dr. Maxwell's lap in the yurt, and Lord Ardentfyre standing at the doorway to check on me. Dr. Maxwell and Ardin's face as I declared with despair that I failed as a doctor and as an apprentice of Dr. Maxwell because I was found dead and that apprentices of his weren't allowed to fail at anything. hehehe. You two make the best reaction faces to the insane things I say.
~Antrim telling Ardin to tell Misaki "good job". Our lord has no idea how much that meant to Misaki when he finally did get the message. Also Ardin hugging Misaki...apparently he is not suffering from any insanities I know of but my theory is he has been poisoned by cupid's arrow :p
~People coming to me to deal with issues because they recognize me as not just a scholar but as a doctor and for once doing both of those duties equally in a single event. It's weird to feel kind of respected when you've only played this character a little over a handful of times.
~Chroniclerite bonding time with Lethias. For the longest time Aemorniel thought Lethias hated her. Now she feels there is some comradeship built. When Vince was revealed as a shade during Main Mod my PC was more upset that all her Chroniclerite bonding time was possibly fake and Lethias would go back to hating her when the real one was back.
~Chroniclerite bonding in general. We few--we happy few. We band of nerds. The 4 of us were a fantastic little band together if I must say.
~Being really involved in a weekend plot that did not have me as a weekend NPC for once. It's great being on the other side of the fence. Aemorniel has never been so passionate about anything in her life before in Travance--the fake Chroniclerite thing irked her enough but the investment that went into reading the story within the journal, gathering the papers, etc. 2 sections really upset Aemorniel and brought out her Chroniclerite side really strongly--finding out what the scepter did and how it rewrote the Great Story to erase people and the other being the last few pages telling of the authors demise. I had a lot of trouble telling the people I had to keep informed what the ending said--the tears just wouldn't stop--which lead into Aemorniel just being so numbed and shocked when she witnessed Dr. Structo and the Seeker being struck down by Xia'bien. Even though Dr. Structo was brought back with the help of a very gifted healer friend, watching the Seeker appear to die was just too much. Aemorniel had no tears left to cry. Seeing people rush up to me before I had even finished walking to the inn to tell me very quickly that the Seeker wasn't dead dead because they almost knew I would be completely devastated by it made me feel really loved. If anything it deepened her desire to see this through to the end and maybe one day see the scepter restored to its rightful place in Chronicler's hands where it belongs and the Xia'bien given his due.
~Talking to the Seeker the first time. My PC was very unsure of how to go about this since he had been struck with amnesia originally when we met him. Her understanding of etiquette did no prepare her for such a situation so she took it as she would with any other new person she would meet. Hopefully it wasn't disrespectful to sit on the floor in front of him like a little kid and ask him a bajillion questions. He didn't seem to mind.
~Divine Sanctuary during Main Mod with Almat. Now I finally get why Osred would do that and Quiet Contemplation to observe the battle. SOOOOOOOO USEFUL.
~Library Mod: scholars working together to find special books on how to defeat the wards. We four scholars did rather great on that and our fighters/defenders--thank you so much we couldn't have done it without you. I will admit--it was really surprising and satisfying to see people like Lethias not even hesitate to step back when I said I had to face the Valosian Templar alone. No weapon except Eye for an Eye (thanks to the Seeker since our scroll was evil) and Divine Negation thanks to Almat. Thank you all who were ready to intercept/intercede/whatever other skills you had to take that yourself but it was handled. I think we all did great working as a team together. The books just appearing on the table as if Chronicler himself made them appear was a lot of great RP.
~Libris Infinitis dropping before us on the table out of nowhere when we destroyed the final ward and the crystal. After discussions, it was agreed I was allowed to keep it.
~Great RP sessions with Dame Mixolydia. I particularly enjoyed our discussions we had over breakfast and on the way down to Winterdark. My PC was very much flattered by your words of you being glad to be talking to the me now as opposed to the me you first met. Aemorniel worries that people still see her as Trouble and not Aemorniel. Thank you very much for the advice given throughout the event. Hopefully this will lead to a good friendship.
~Using my IG network of people to get tasks accomplished.
~Giving and receiving lessons
~PORTAL PEN! I wants it. Dr. Structo teach me your ways!

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
Last edit: 05 Nov 2012 21:21 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel).
06 Nov 2012 01:03 #12 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic November 2012 Highlights
Wow. First off I want to say I was so happy to see everyone at the game even after the storm.

Friday
- helping the new players into town
- amazing personal plot with Paige. All of the yelling and telling her that she would not be judged by Galladel nicely.
- becoming moody and upset Anhîl
- having people come up to Anhîl and asking him questions.
- bed

Saturday
- slept in late due to nice heater by my bed
- all the lessons for me lesson 6/6 for master marksmen and opening my druid list
- walking up from winterdark and seeing a group of NPC's walking to attack and slinking back down the hill behind the barons manor
- laying on the grass in front of the inn and laughing randomly at nothing and having everyone come over and check on me.
- Croi trying to install confidence and burning a mind shield to avoid it.
- Feast
- Cleaning up from feast
- Main mod and not dying for once.
- coming back and RPing with Tris (thanks for the sympathy)
- going to bed and talking with everyone in the bunk and laughing my butt off for a good hour.
- Being the highest ranking official in the state house when elemental attacked us and having to give orders for attacking....

Sunday
- Being woken up by Jonas singing to all of us in the state house.
- Getting up and NPCing
- Elementals npcing all the elements

So much fun this event. Thank you all and I will see you at the ball.

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
06 Nov 2012 09:14 #13 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic November 2012 Highlights
NPC:
Being scared into the ground by Magnus as a chaos elemental and then returning with my friends because the town was mean D:
--
Ilana:

-Bringing Reynard to town to reunite him with his sister! :D (Big mistake! D: )

-Gnolls kidnapping people? When the guard chased the big group to the lake, I had this inkling and stayed near Kaladonia.. and found a whole group trying to whisk people away! Nope.

-Curing Insanities! Especially the interaction with Little Miss. OCD/Panic Attacks (there were more, but I think I took care of the worse of them at least)

-Evil Chroniclers...? Nope, not allowed. Especially after finding out about who were Shades. Then I got to the front line and started all of the AOE during pre-Main Mod. I have gotten surprisingly fast at rattling off verbals for healing at least. But all of the pain X.x

-Having the Seeker point out Ilana's Chronicler past. Sometimes people kinda make her want to apologize for switching over to Galladell. That was one of those times.

-Ilana's perfect day was filled with shades.
Also, had to kill Lucas (sort of) again. I'm extremely surprised Steve Oros wasn't involved for a change (or maybe he was)

-Learning there was some Chornicler erased from history that could have been Ilana's friend D: That was an interesting plot throw-in.

-Now, to search Loez for a needle in a haystack.

~~~
Syl:
-Witch Hunter mod was great! I kind of wished I was there as Ilana to throw out all of the lores later on, but Ilana got to learn about what is going on anyways (Killing Demons with Posi Energy? She loves this plan. Especially with an Arch Demon to murder.)

-WH lessons. They were a lot different than when Ilana learned them, which I think made me enjoy it that much more

-Hunting down Tanis during Wytchwood mod. Now that I understand the rules of a few things better, if that ever happens again I will have the situation handled better (Though, apparently I had it handled *much* more than I thought)

-Alchemy!

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
06 Nov 2012 11:38 #14 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic November 2012 Highlights
Very enjoyable event for me all around, with plenty of great RP with many people.

-Lots of lessons. I still love teaching, and the couple of lessons I gave this event just reinforced that. Especially the very "colorful" lessons I gave Ming and Carlotta. The one for Carlotta was my first time teaching someone magic, and it felt like a whole new area of RP for me.

-Mage's Guild cupcakes!

-Waking up from a nap after feast, going downstairs, and finding out everyone had left for Main Mod 5 minutes before. I booked it down the path and followed the sounds of battle. Once I found Aleister I stuck to him like glue and fought by his side nearly the whole time.

-GRAPPLE KICK!

-Excellent sparring with Tobar to learn Defensive Fighting.

-Crazy Sunday mod was crazy. I was kinda disappointed the big bad wasn't actually a True Warlock, especially after I went through the trouble of dissecting one of his hands.

See everyone at the Ball!

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
06 Nov 2012 13:03 #15 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic November 2012 Highlights
I was very under the weather this month, but seeing everyone was wonderful, and I did have good rp all around. Thanks everybody! I'm glad to know you are all as crazy as I am, to come out without power or heat.

-Winks using Illusory Script to draw bunny ears over Gideon Weaveforger's head. I could NOT stop laughing.

-Used Meld with Earth to totally save my butt the first month I've had it. Forsee much of this in the future.

-Getting to watch the Yahtze's roleplay. Seriously, you guys make me so glad I decided to play a gypsy.

-Best mage's guild meeting ever. Cupcakes. Oo and I have a pretty flag to wear on my belt now.

-Not getting blown up by sorcery. Always a plus.

-Marigold seems like she will soon be moving in unexpected directions thanks to several things not going as she planned.

- Lastly, the biggest highlight of my weekend was finally earning my very first higher list lesson ever. Haroldson was my teacher, and provided me with plenty of food for thought. Most of the lesson involved discussing where Carlotta sees herself in ten years, which was strange for her, being a woman who lives primarily in the moment.

P.S. Can't wait for ball.

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
  • THENPC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Assassins Do It From Behind
  • Thank Yous: 126
06 Nov 2012 14:46 #16 by THENPC (THENPC)
Replied by THENPC (THENPC) on topic November 2012 Highlights

Aemorniel Silverbow wrote: ~Chroniclerite bonding time with Lethias. For the longest time Aemorniel thought Lethias hated her. Now she feels there is some comradeship built. When Vince was revealed as a shade during Main Mod my PC was more upset that all her Chroniclerite bonding time was possibly fake and Lethias would go back to hating her when the real one was back.

Lethias doesn't hate anyone, even those he finds endlessly grating (not that she's one of those, either), but that conversation can be finished IG.

Adversus Nox Noctis,
Sir Lethias Discretion Nathaniel Peregrin Christopher Wrathchild VonRitter
Knight of Travance
Putting the Shiv in Chivalry Since 1202

Mortem facit omnes aequales, vitam facit omnes fratres
Vince The NPC;
RM, RPM, ST
  • Misaki
  • Dark Sith? Where?!
  • Thank Yous: 23
06 Nov 2012 19:00 #17 by Misaki (cbodnar)
Replied by Misaki (cbodnar) on topic November 2012 Highlights
KR continues to be the silver lining when bad things happen. When life throws a franken-storm your direction and says no to power and clean water, you go in the woods and play pretend. This being said, please no more hurricanes in NJ.

And now some highlights!

Friday Night:
-Witch Hunter Plot and Survival Mode vs. Undead. Never thought I'd be happy to have different lores so I could prioritize. Kristin, Steve, JJ, and Jen, loved your NPCs!
-AAAAAAAAGHHH! I'M SCARIER THAN YOOOOOOU! (Magnus, I love you. All bro-mo)
-BIRTHDAY DEATH! Called it. Chaos Elementals: 1, Misaki: 0
-Misaki flipping a sh*t, scaring the stuffing out of Maxwell, and getting talked down by Archer. I've now seen it all. Awesome RP, A+. Would rp again.
-Best of all perhaps, SLEEP. ON FRIDAY NIGHT!

Saturday:
-After the prior night's events, seeing Reynard for the first time in a while. Didn't talk for long, but good people dropping by makes Misaki happy.
-I can honestly say that I've never had a more awkward moment than when Misaki was hugged all out, in front of others in the Inn...by the Guildmaster Arden. That. Was. Weird. But also humbling. Thanks Norm for that special moment.
-Appeasing the Volcano God (Antrim) with brownies! Or so I thought until...
-Blowing up Honor's Peak. Oops, my bad. But hey! At least I got a cool dagger out of it ;)
-Stealing a piece of the journal right out of a Scaremortal's pocket. +1 roguery, -1 arm. A fair trade-off.
-Galen's Master Warrior test! Galen, Misaki, and Dominic vs. The Masters. Holy crap what a fight. Also, "FROM THE TOP ROPE!"
-Om nom nom feast (and delicious delicious dessert)
-Holy Lessons Batman! Teaching dragon things, master warrior things, and everything else! Man I love teaching...
-SQUIRE LATHIEL, SAVING THE DAY, ALL DAY, EVERY DAY! :cheer:

Main Mod:
-Blowing through Crystal Spire mod #1, effectively blowing my promo...only to discover it was one of TWO shards...oops. Which leads us to...
-REAL MAIN MOD, aka Marathon Mod. Being part of the select few guarding the scholars as they worked on destroying the other crystal. Keith and Alex, I can honestly say that-that was one of the most tiring, nerve-wracking, stress-inducing mods ever. One healer, 4 guardians, 3 rounds of invulnerable baddies and surviving long enough for the scholars to save us all. I have never gotten more satisfaction than when Calvaen and I finally got to smash that #%@$ shard. Mission: complete!
-Glorious, glorious sleep.

Sunday Morning (and NPC):
-The realization that I can never honor combat Tanis, because Rapid Fire and Kill Shot. Darn Master Marksmen ;)
-Spending most of NPC shift as an elemental, switching between all the different elements, and getting all the energy out. Special props to seeing Quan Liu going SotD. That was pretty awesome.
-Learning Defiant Cover from Alister, aka "How-to-not-die 101." Once again, another reason to fear Tanis.

Unfortunately I'm MIA until January, so have fun with the ball and the next event and I'll see you all in the new year!

Misaki Xianlu VonRitter, the Nemesis

Vassal of Pendarvin

"Evil Must Be Destroyed"

• Thank Yous: 34
06 Nov 2012 20:13 - 07 Nov 2012 14:46 #18 by Trisana (Trisana)
Replied by Trisana (Trisana) on topic November 2012 Highlights
FANTASTIC event. Amazing for me on a personal level and for the plot as a whole.

Friday:
-Tris got a girlfriend! Mwahaha. Sorry for the backlash it caused, mainly to Anhil, but oh my god what fantastic roleplay it caused.
-Fighting alongside Caelvan. Tris has been feeling like nobody thinks she'll ever be useful in combat despite her hard training, so being kept at his side all weekend really gave her a huge confidence boost. (:

Saturday:
-Helping Sharone in the kitchen! I think that was the tastiest feast I've ever had and it was an honor to be your official taste-tester/chicken mutilator. My hands still smell like onion.
-Vassaling to Kaladonia, finally!
-Getting to see Caelvan propose to Keavy... ahh my heart <3
-Had a really good time NPCing main mod. Combat with all of my friends was fun, and then there was that moment when Sam R nerfed his blows to match mine and feigned horrible shoulder pain when I actually landed a blow... I still can't believe that happened.
-Finally getting to talk to Anhil about the whole Paige thing. Also, that wasn't sympathy.
-More trailing after Caelvan as if attuned to him. This time trying to figure out why there were so many corrupt nature's heralds and hunting down gnolls. Also, stupid 'o clock came early down near Pendarvin. Absolutely hysterical.

Sunday:
-Jonas. -shakes head-
-Being invited down to Winterdark with a few of other Kaladonians by Dame Mixolydia. It was a pleasure to get to dine with her, and also quite interesting, even though Tris had no idea what to say in response to most of the conversation. Hehe.

Dame Trisana Moss
The Claw of Kaladonia
Viceroy of Kaladonia
First Mate of the Seahawk
[hr]
OOG:
Jen C.
Marshal, Card Staff
Last edit: 07 Nov 2012 14:46 by Trisana (Trisana).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erdrick (Erdrick)
  • Mirwen Silverbow
  • Shadows and darkness are not to be feared. As with any other tool, it is the will of the wielder that does evil or good.
  • Thank Yous: 85
06 Nov 2012 22:41 #19 by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen)
Replied by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen) on topic November 2012 Highlights
What? Camp Sac has no power, you say? No way to heat or light the Mage's Guild, you say? Candles and fireplaces for the Inn? ...Sounds like a great weekend to go!!

-Pre-event: Convincing someone that yes, it would be a good idea to show up and that they shouldn’t skip this event because reasons and sad, lonely elves are not a good thing.

-Friday: arrive early at camp sac, pick bunk and set up bed in the Mage’s Guild, get candles ready because no power.
-Hanging around the inn after lay-on, deciding indoors was better than outdoors. At least there were fireplaces.
-Magical Wall lessons and debates on which other new spells I should learn, as well as doing some teaching of my own. Always on my mind is how the hell one teaches the teacher.
-Apparently Lore: Mirwen kind of exists now...what?
-Having to actually climb into the Guildhall through a window, because somehow the door got accidentally OOG locked...Mirwen: 2, Quinarian stereotypes: 0. (Actually, it was knock window open with staff, move barrel, climb onto jutting structural log, climb onto barrel, hoist self through window, unlock door to the surprise of the Silverbow brothers.)
-Quote of the evening: ‘Oh, don’t debate elven culture with the Quinarian who’s too tired to watch her tongue.’
-Sleep. Sleep is good. Slept oddly deeply this month, which is never good idea in Travance. Thankfully, I didn’t die.

-Sorcery Saturday! Always fun witnessing rituals. No risk of dying (via sorcery mishaps) for me this month, yay!
-Presenting a certain someone with a birthday gift. Seemed to go over well, always good.
-Silence lessons. I thank the Yahtzes for their cooperation, it was absolutely priceless.
-Guild meeting and yummy cupcakes for attendees. Yay!
-New seating arrangements during feast, and singing with Amizar. Very fun!! I haven’t had the opportunity to perform in a while, I was glad to help him. All the performers were wonderful, and it was awesome to have live music at Feast again!!!!
-An embarrassing slip of the tongue on the line for dessert. That won’t leave Mirwen’s head for a while. Interesting conversation that came of it, though.
-Also, being told that ‘oh, you’ve done kitchen cleanup before, here you’re in charge with sean’ and only being capable of thinking ‘whaaaaaaaaaaa??’ But my thanks to all our helpers putting up with washing dishes in ice-cold water and listening to me swear under my breath as I organized the perpetually messy dishes under the counter, all in minimal lighting. You guys are all great!!
-And to conclude the night...grapple kick. Watching Aleister almost flip a table. It was beautiful and hysterical.
-Saturday quote: ‘The moral of tonight is grapple kick. Also, Londwyns are stupid.’
-Sleepy time again. Or rather, late night story-telling at the Mage’s Guild until we all finally went to sleep.

-Sunday: NPC shift. I was doing a lot of makeup and some cleaning. I AM DAMN PROUD OF THAT OGRE’S THIRD EYE THERE BETTER BE PICTURES.
-Also, fighting Jenna for an npc role was fun. After four tie rounds of rock-paper-scissors we eventually had to flip a coin. Alas, she won. Maybe next time.

Great event, a lot of fun despite the cold. Definitely glad I came out, and thanks to everyone else who came!! It's definitely the awesome people that makes Kr the great thing it is. Can’t wait to see people at the ball and the December event!

Lady Mirwen Silverbow of Pendarvin
Master of the Mage's Guild
Mage's Guild Scribe

[IMG

Christine B
New Player Marshal
Logistics Marshal
06 Nov 2012 22:56 #20 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Replied by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin) on topic November 2012 Highlights
Glad I decided to go to this event. I was very pleased that many also decided to make the trip. Ok, I needed a little guilt trip to make the decision to attend.

Highlights:

Friday:
Helping to teach Lore: Mirwen Eloras to a new Quinarian scholar. Hope she took it as her self-teach.
Snake Mod-bodies dropping everywhere; can I get a healer?
Breaking into the Mage's Guild. At least I didn't have to do the dirty work. If that Nyad was only a light sleeper...
Late Night visit from a fellow Quinarian with a grim look on his face.
Blood and gore galore at Ostcliff.
Kind words shared with sis.

Saturday:
Birthday present for me?
What's with all this "Psychoanalyze, Ardin" nonsense.
Maybe Ardin should be a Gaian...yuck.
How should I teach this Silence lesson? <enter loud gypsies> Thanks guys!
Mission at the Fields of Fallow-started out nice and organized and ended in total chaos.
Guild meeting with happy Guildies. Should have known that food is the way to a person's heart in Travance. I can think of some good possible uses of cupcakes in Ardin's past...
Impress the Girlfriend at Feast-CHECK
Interesting conversation with a certain Lord
Impress the Boyfriend at Dessert-DOUBLE CHECK
Indigestion afterwards.
Really fun main mod. Always nice when they come to us for a change.
Back to the Mage's Guild hoping for some sleep. Fun with Wormwood. What kind of operation am I running at the waterfront anyway??
Late night undead screams at the Guild. Maybe if we all keep snoring they will go away.

Sunday:
Free breakfast FTW! Hail Lord Na!
Nice Sunday main mod outside of the Inn. Enjoyed the combat RP. Kudos to the NPCS!
Put on white headband for some fun with Tobar.
Realizing that there was no place I would rather have been last weekend!
Allowing photos. Let's see if there are any to see.

Norm B

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
  • Rowan Uidhir
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Beans, beans, the musical fruit...
  • Thank Yous: 145
06 Nov 2012 23:39 #21 by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
Replied by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa) on topic November 2012 Highlights
Friday:
-NPC shift. First I played decayed corpses of fallen warriors reanimated by necromantic powers mixed with red magic. While I was waiting for reanimation, I enjoyed watching the more seasoned players rp through the tombs.
-I have so many welts from the weird cow mod…so much hatred for the lizardkin…so many welts : [
-Lost my phone during that last mod. I was too beat up to do 10 million checks around Ostcliff for it
-Sleeping after shift. YAY!
-The Mages’ Guild was QUITE chilly. I wish I had a willing snuggle buddy for warmth.

Saturday Day:
-Damn the High Elves for delaying the Halfling’s breakfast!!!!
-BREAKFAST!!!! Rowan hadn’t seen many friends and family for a few moons, so that was a great reunion!
-Yay, warm fire at the Inn!
-MORE BREAKFAST!!! :D
-KLIEDEN’S LENTIL SOUP!!! (I was getting quite tired of eating at this time. Nobody said RPing as a Halfling was easy!)
-I FOUND MY PHONE!!! Thank you whoever found it!
-So, Magnus catches a few of us less seasoned heroes and says that he wants to see the new wave of adventurers in action. I enjoyed that mod a lot. Rowan was kept busy buffing, healing and fighting alongside her friends. However, falling over/on/across multiple rocks and bashing the bard’s fingers-she could barely play her flute after that-sucked.
-Rowan had a good time just chilling at the Inn with friends and family.
-Lessons with Croinamara assisted by Giddeon. Btw, Jen, you did a great job!
-Rowan observed sorceries and attended a guild meeting for the first time!
-THE GUILDMASTER’S CUPCAKES!!! But ooops!! The littlest dragoon (who was guarding the door) didn’t get a chance to have one…Rowan saves a cake for her—THIS WAS THE BEST THING I EVER DID ALL WEEKEND—I can’t explain why, but it lead to interesting conversations about pateries.
-Lessons with Tobar before the feast.
-FEAST!!!! Great job to all of the performers and I thank the cooks and those who prepared it! I was really nervous about singing, thank you for being a great audience, everybody!
-Cleaning up the kitchen in the dark wasn’t bad. I found someone else from Brooklyn!

Saturday Night:
-No main mod for me. Rowan was conversing with friends and witnessing Arza’s impromptu baptism to Brazen.
-I wish I filmed Saturday night. I can’t go into detail what happened because what had been the best hours Rowan (and myself) ever spent in Travance can’t be described in words.
-FOOD!!!!
-The shenanigans with Arden, ale, the cupcake, the bread, feeding the hydra, and waking Wyrmwood at the Mages’ Guild was the most fun I ever had RPing at KR.
-I was so glad to see that Rowan contributed to helping the people of Travance during the battle after main mod. Halflings are awesome people in my opinion.
-SMORES BY THE FIRE AT THE INN!!! Thank you for the company
-Mirwen, Arden, and Rowan needed beddy-bye-time. The Silverbows escorted the ladies back to The Guild, ran into a couple of trolls, had Quinarian wine!!!
-Sleep, and apparently we all slept through a mass of undead knocking at the door. All except for the Guildmaster.

Sunday:
-FREE BREAKFAST!!! Thanks, Dan!
-Rowan ran into elementals. Rowan ran. Smart Rowan for hiding in Alisandria!
-FREE WINE!!!! This is normally good, but Rowan walked out in the middle of a huge fight with (greater?) elementals in her inebriated state and got the crap kicked out of her. Then, a dwarvin healer (I’m sorry, I forgot your name) casts Neutralize Poison.
Giddeon: Are you okay??
Rowan: I lost my morning buzz! *pout*
-Self-teaching for the first time! I also ran into Quan Liu and was lucky to have another lesson just in time before I packed up my stuff.

So that was my weekend! :D This was the best event so far! Thank you all for making my return to Travance such a great one!

(OOG) Teresa Amore
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
07 Nov 2012 09:40 - 07 Nov 2012 09:42 #22 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic November 2012 Highlights
I knew this event was going to be interesting, even before the power went out.

Friday:
-LM shift with Matt D., wearing his cloak the whole time and not wanting to return it.
- Chaos Elementals. Keavy's own inner turmoil was more realized through this battle after dropping and dropping and watching others fall as well as becoming altered twice. Protecting Mother Marika near the end of the battle when she had just about spent all she had.
-Late in the Inn, travelers who seemed suspicious but were just followers of chronicler came inside to have a chat. Keavy stood her ground and double checked to make sure they weren't secretly chaotic.
-A full night's non-sleep! The elf on fire tended to the fireplace with good company. However, I am never OOG not sleeping ever again x_x
-...because in the morning Wormwood decided to appear and try to shake us up with some intense conversations.... to which Keavy eventually passed out, had a nightmare, and woke to some of the others mocking her (Though, screaming awake was hilarious. I don't think I've ever heard Ferris shriek that high before haha!)...Pissed, she stormed back to the Kaladonia statehouse.

Saturday:
-After getting some sleep, lentil soup!
-Going for a walk with Caelvan, Typhon, Tris, and Na'ar to a secluded spot in the woods. So-called "Druid Party" turned out to be Caelvan's moment to propose to Keavy! Jen fangirled and it made me happy haha!
-Volcano Mod. Somehow I survived this? What?
-Midday chat with Lady Elawyn about important issues. Eventually becoming interrupted by a disturbance in the Grove.
-Firin in human form! Mother Rosa-Dawn...Dawn-Rosa, Drosa? Whatever, show your respect and bow, Keavy!
-Feast!
-Getting some advice about florentine fighting from Lady Elawyn, and also getting my first Master Warrior lesson out of nowhere! Sorry I was so brain dead, Kristen. Not sleeping really screwed up my thought process, otherwise I probably would have gotten the question right the first time haha.

Main Mod....Mods.
-Wait, what, already? It's so early!
-Somehow being the voice of Travance to lead everyone against the cultists. Form up! Form up! Keep pushing forward! Lets go!! Surprised that people actually listened to Keavy!
-Its over! Yay! Oh wait, there's more.
-After fighting a few remaining enemies, Keavy sat like a loyal puppy at the barrier where the scholars were, waiting for Caelvan.
-Late night hilarity at the Kaladonia statehouse. Oh. My. God. Convincing a new player to want to vassal just because we could keep him laughing is priceless. Also, Sindarion and his 'Wild Mage'. And a visit from Dr. Maxwell aka Mr. Fancypants of all the fanciest pants. I don't think I've laughed so hard.
-Elementals and Natures heralds wanted in on our good times, but we said NO.
-More hilarity and sleep.

Sunday:
-More elementals to wake us up! And then more with the ogre thing.
-Picking up a trade as my self teach!

Overall great event, and now I can't wait for the ball!

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
Last edit: 07 Nov 2012 09:42 by Keavy (Dani).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn), Trisana (Trisana)
07 Nov 2012 17:24 #23 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic November 2012 Highlights

Keavy Lylas Kennyreplith wrote: ...and woke to some of the others mocking her

You're supposed to let Tanis and Syl know when this happens, so they'll never do it again ;)

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
07 Nov 2012 17:36 #24 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic November 2012 Highlights

Ilana Darkwood wrote:

Keavy Lylas Kennyreplith wrote: ...and woke to some of the others mocking her

You're supposed to let Tanis and Syl know when this happens, so they'll never do it again ;)

In that case I'll let you know at the ball if they're there.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
07 Nov 2012 21:50 #25 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic November 2012 Highlights
This event is probably one of the best events I have been to for some time.

Friday night: Elric's evil clone... what the...?
realizing that the only Chroniclerites at the time were Lethias, and Blacktree; things quickly going downhill from there, and thus ended the tale of Elric's evil twin.
Elric's complete and utter confusion when he was told that he was just stabbed to death only a few minutes earlier.
Magnus: He is scarier than a chaos thingy.
Killing two Chaos thingies with a table leg. Improvised weapon for the freaking win!
Carrying Aemorniel's dead arse all over the proper to try to find Doctor Maxwell.
finding doctor Maxwell, then walking outside to fine the guildmaster looking for the aforementioned dead elf woman.
getting buffs piled up on me while I was heading back to the inn to clean up the last of the chaos thingies.
Being told to go to sleep when I started doing stupid things at 6 AM

Saturday:
More blood for the table leg!
informing the people in logistics that whoever stole my polearm is not the proud owner of a pile of broken weapon.
having to reforge most of my weapons thanks to the chaos thingies.
Emergency clergy meeting... this can never be good.
Realizing that Elric has already been doing the things that he was informed that he has to be doing as a clergyman. I guess Elric is better at this responsability thing after all.
Walking with Annora, only to have a group of townsmembers walk up to me. one of them offers me a drink, and the next thing I know: I am in honor's peak, fighting fire elementals, crazy dwarves, a golem, and FREAKING BATMAN WITH A BOW! Elric wants that grappling hook thing now...
Running down the side of honor's peak as it was exploding, all the while shouting "I BLAME YOU FOR THIS AEMORNIEL!"
Table leg broke, went to the inn to grab a new one.
immediately shanking a cultist with the new table leg. this was the first of thirty some-odd kills with that table leg.
Elric learning of something that really shook him up. and caused him to think of things a bit differently. (FOIG)

Elric just rejoining the rest of the town after punching a hole through the cultist lines, only to see Angelica fighting other town's people. Elric asking what the hell was going on, an awkward silence that lasted for a good thirty seconds, then the realization that that was a shade of Angelica, and the fighting continuing shortly after... dunno why, that kinda makes me laugh when I look back on that moment.

three main mods?

my LM shift was rather quiet, other than that one girl walking in and saying that ostcliffe is bored... bad move

The next day was nice and active. with a true warlock ogre wtf thing, a bunch of corrupted elementals, a few corrupted spiders and other animals.
my final master warrior lesson... which gave me flashbacks of my shield mastery lesson... and more shenanigans!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
  • TicTacToe
  • Thank Yous: 4
07 Nov 2012 23:39 #26 by TicTacToe (tictactoe)
Replied by TicTacToe (tictactoe) on topic November 2012 Highlights
Having my portal spelunking adventures immortalized in song!!!!! (Thanks Cree!)

Tic Tac Toe

OOG:
Eve F.
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
08 Nov 2012 07:15 - 08 Nov 2012 07:27 #27 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic November 2012 Highlights
This was my first event, and half-pocalypse or not, it was a blast!!!! Thank-you, everyone, for making me feel so welcome.

Friday night - Having an accidental run-in with the inquisitor Gregory's work and having to be gently escorted away by Jack so that I didn't keep yelling for him to stop hurting the captured cultist. This lead to a wonderful dynamic between Healer and Inquisitor the rest of the weekend. Even though most of it was running away from him or hiding from him in Na'ar's cloak. ^.^

Crossing the rift with Caelvan and An'Hil and meeting fellow new players and befriending them.

Whoever the rogue was in stealth-mode trying to freak me out my first night, you suck. :p

Saturday:

I was surprised that there was only one other Kitieran there, and the poor thing was mostly hidden in the kitchens all day. Almat was a delight, always ready to help and to take a friendly walk.

All the fights!!!! I loved fighting things, even if I was made of glass with next to no body points. I'm sorry for making everyone nervous, though. I can't help myself, but I am not stupid about it, I promise! I have some armor for next time. :) Holy crap is fighting in the dark, scary, though. I think I played it smart for as long as I could... both times I went down it was from mind-controlled people!

As much as I loved the fighting, I loved being able to heal my fallen comrades, too. Next time, thanks to Na'ar, I will have a greater healing arsenal! Hooray for being useful!

Sitting on the steps outside the tavern (which seemed to be a home base of sorts) with a bunch of folks and making jokes, including my favorite quote from the weekend:

Gregory: (After we were discussing some of our childhood memories) So what about you, Jack. We know your mother's crazy. What of your father?

Jack: Well, funny story. It has to do with him being run over by a wagon--

Gregory: (Sitting up, instantly) I LOVE STORIES ABOUT PEOPLE BEING RUN OVER BY WAGONS!

A pause.

Swyft: WHO SAYS THAT?!

(Uncontrollable laughter ensues.)

The feast! So much hard work went into it, and it should be recognized. There were a lot of us to feed and not only did you bring the food TO us but you had all the tables set up so beautifully and then moved them back again when you were done. All in the dark! Thank-you, everyone.

Receiving Na'ar's wonderfully role played teaching of Empathy and Soothe. Really, phenomenal job. You put so much thought into it. It made me glad to have befriended you so quickly. I'm sorry it included you having to be in pain, though.

Meeting the whole Drago'mire clan, including their amicable and laid back lord. Can't wait to learn more about you all and to become an official vassal! Thank-you all for being so welcoming to me. Our room was full of some really great folks. Drago'Mire breakfast for the win!

Butting heads with Archer, the Intolerant who decided he would torture a gnoll in front of me. I didn't realize he was a noble, so I'm glad I didn't get in trouble. There was some sass that night, lol.

Having random adventures in the woods with Na'ar , Ataru and a new fellow whose name I can't remember (I'm so sorry! He was a young man in a cloak who later learned how to throw weapons from Caelvan.)

Bonding with the ladies (and one gent, I think) on the NPC duty and their patience explaining game mechanics to me.

Meeting Gwenyth and shopping in her ever so reasonably priced general store. What a lovely woman to provide things like hats and scarves and hand warmers to us cold players for so cheap. I bought a BEAUTIFUL multicolored scarf from her and I loved it in game and I even wear it out now!

Staying up all hours with Jack and Gregory, laughing about ridiculous things because it was Stupid O' Clock. TWICE. Due to the time change, lol. And because it was Stupid O' Clock, making the mistake of allowing both of them to show me "how they fight" because I didn't recall seeing them in battle with weapons. That almost lead to a Kitieran on fire and with no pinky. But we won't talk about that...

Sunday:

Taking a morning stroll with Jack to look for some things and being taught about some of Travance's history and some of his, all very interesting!

Having the absolute pleasure of meeting and spending time with Jonas Kane. What a PHENOMENAL role player this man is. I couldn't stop smiling the entire time I was with him, with his self proclaimed "hobo hat" and his clove hanging out of his mouth while he spoke. It was thanks to him that I was introduced to even more of the game's community. And everyone was so very gracious. Sharing hot apple cider with the Lady of Winterdark and going on to meet all of the other houses in their respective lands because Jonas decided he was the Waker Upper. Really, it was just WONDERFUL. Also, I got to talk to the town's ogre... and he is just AMAZING. I regret not being able to spend time with him during the game!

A big thank-you, again, to everyone. Years ago, I had some hard luck befall me and take its toll on my ability to walk and run and even stand very much at all. I thought that LARPing was completely out of the question for the rest of my life which was awful, because I had loved it so VERY much as I am sure you all do. Over time, my condition improved and I took a chance coming here. I hurt, certainly, but I did it. And I loved it. And I am grateful to Nate G. for telling me about this and taking me here and to everyone for making it such a wonderful experience. I will DEFINITELY be back. :D

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
Last edit: 08 Nov 2012 07:27 by Swyft (agentswift).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice)
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
08 Nov 2012 07:35 #28 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic November 2012 Highlights
I almost forgot Lethias hammering the Orc creature thing during the scholar mod with probably a dozen Dissipate Undeads and everyone going "is he Undead?!" and him replying "no but it's really pissing him off!" Way to use those Von Ritter cunning brain cells. Made my day.

Magnus chasing down a creature in the Inn saying "RAAAAAAAWR!!! I'M MORE SCARY THAN YOU!!!" and it running off in fear. There was a long moment of silence before he came back, laughing and saying "I can't believe that worked!" Hilarity.

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
  • RafikiYhatzi
  • Banana Necklace!
  • Thank Yous: 3
08 Nov 2012 09:46 #29 by RafikiYhatzi (RafikiYhatzi)
Replied by RafikiYhatzi (RafikiYhatzi) on topic November 2012 Highlights
Sometimes I feel like the crazy time jumper of Travance. Real life preventing me from coming to KR for long stretches makes every visit like my first visit, if it weren't for people who remembered me. It reminds me that I picked the right profession- I'm useful no matter what level I am.

- Seneschal Rudolf! Never a more deserving kreator of Alkemical Kandies!

- Introducing younger townsfolk to the magic of the Yhatzi family. Jokes! Songs! Laughs!

- Collecting defenses without even trying and barely using them since I don't often get hit.

- Bringing Tobar through the focus. Its amazing how those things just come back to you.

- Lethias keep his title as My Favorite Witch Hunter

- After finding out how long I'd been around and that I was a healer, someone asking "Did you ever bring Magnus back?" and answering with "Oh no, no, no, how that man is still alive is far beyond my ken. He might be a crazy masochist type person with magic live-forever powers."

- Apple dump cake. Nom nom.

OOC: Chris Lemanski
09 Nov 2012 10:26 #30 by Galstaus Nightwolf (galstaus)
Replied by Galstaus Nightwolf (galstaus) on topic November 2012 Highlights
Despite the cold this was a great event. This is the first time I have stayed through to Sunday so it was the first time doing a Sunday "Main Mod." Some highlights...

- Role-playing the pirate captain Saturday night for the library mod and being assassinated by my first mate. Sorry if my RPing danced the line of PG-13 too closely!

- I thought it was awesome I made it the ENTIRE event without being typecast as a large Ogre and having to get painted up.... UNTIL SUNDAY. Although at first I was disappointed that I had to get painted, Moira and another girl (sorry not too familiar with names yet) did an AMAZING job on my makeup! My Blight Walker Ogre had a nasty card and a nasty look!

OOG: Dan "DB" Lupus

"I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown."
-Homer
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.861 seconds