January 2013 Highlights

28 Jan 2013 15:29 #1 by Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet)
January 2013 Highlights was created by Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet)
How the heck can I be first on this one? I'll take it. I dont often get to be first, and after such an incredible event to be able to highlight. . .

OMG SOOOO TIRED

So many highlights. I will miss too many but still, heres some:

Having a warm room to sleep and entertain in. Thank you Steve for all your hard work, thank you Brian and Charna and Mike for the propane. It started off the weekend so right.

SO much challenge this weekend. Starting off knowing what not to do, setting myself up not to do it . . .and doing it anyway in the end. Darn the allure of real food and how you can rationalize it completely if you're hungry enough.

Spitting in the face of a higher power. Because the alternative was unthinkable. Still, mistakes were made. . .

Letters from home. Lets ignore that one of them had the royal seal. At least one of them was. . .well it was pretty depressing too.

Drawing new targets on travance. Lets add the Unseelie to the list, as well as further putting ourself in the angry eye of Xualla. :) Selendrias remains to be seen, enemy number 3 for the weekend? Wondering if we're going to have anyone left to call an ally.

Hearing my message spread throught the lands through my people and never being prouder.

Getting cooperation and support from unexpected places. Never judge a book by its cover.

Running into the challenges of working with effective fanatics.

Trying new ways of doing things. Seeing some succeed beyond expectations, and others show clear gaps that need filled.

Leraning how much potential runs throughout the land.

Feeling hope for the barony.

Complimentary tarot readings. Carlos, you did it again.

Running with a plot that was both beautifully complex but not so convoluted you gave up trying to follow it. I loved the fact that like in real life, things overlapped and entwined and affected each other, but were their own separate things.

HAVING PEOPLE HELP BREAK DOWN THE NEW MANOR.

Baroness Mixolydia Hartwoode of Travance
March Warden of Selendrias

Alas for those that never sing,
But die with all their music in them!
(oog-Jen W.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Elawyn (Elawyn), Zathir (Clevatus), Pox (Cinder D.)
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
28 Jan 2013 15:45 #2 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic January 2013 Highlights
My event was muddled due to needing to leave on Saturday for OOG reasons. I'll be gone in Feb., and back in March with a vengeance. :)

Friday night, sitting in the middle of a snowy field, under a full moon. Eerie, alien, and appropriate.

Alisandrian Cookies. "Lord Blackthorn, these are poisonous. I must save you!" "I have an Alchemy Shield."

Ritual #2 - a rousing success. Norm's, not so much. Norm, never let me roll for you again. You should know this by now.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
28 Jan 2013 16:13 - 28 Jan 2013 19:22 #3 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic January 2013 Highlights
I have to agree I am STILL feeling the muscle pain from this event but is totally worth how awsome it was.

WTF FAERIES! major womp womp when we first went for the thread and it turned out to be faery tricks. Also more research for dominic, lots of fun roleplay with that.

Worst fears coming to life when the lycan escapes. :ohmy: the lycan battle was itself amazing though. Sam you did a great job with that.

Finaly so many lessons I got to give. I taught so many lessons this last event it was cool. :cheer:

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
Last edit: 28 Jan 2013 19:22 by Chesta (Kevin).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erdrick (Erdrick), Zathir (Clevatus)
  • Fortier
  • Thank Yous: 51
28 Jan 2013 16:36 #4 by Fortier (Greysect)
Replied by Fortier (Greysect) on topic January 2013 Highlights
Friday
*Magic tricks with Kirt's character, the alchemist. That fire-powder snapping trick is wonderful, and testing the snow outside the inn was great for the atmosphere. I hope that it puts more pressure on the community to address the Sea-side Portal Problem.
*Opening Gambler and learning some tricks from Dimitri and Tsoli Silverbow. Thanks guys!
*Flesh Golem (?) Mod. And they told me we were just fighting grave robbers. If I learned anything from being unconscious in a freezer full of cadavers it's that you can never have enough spell points. And don't preach to me about being a frugal caster, because Stoneskin is just too good not to share with everyone!
Saturday
*The wonderful Golden Candle Mod! The reason well-seasoned characters couldn't intervene was smart, and I hope future mods explore other creative ways to justify low-level exclusive mods.
*Snatching the Candle and fleeing from twenty-odd people was the most thrilling KR experience I have had so far.
*Getting lectured about the importance of not getting caught by my good friend Sergei. It won't happen again...Not that anyone will be aware of.
*Trying to play poker with Augustus and Rosette! I'm a Gambler who is absolutely awful at Gambling. Should I be worried? I bought the lists for the Charms and Insults, first of all! Anyway, mythanks go to anyone at the poker table for putting up with my terrible playing.
*Sitting with Sergei, Tobar, and Nicoli for feast. Oh, a Gadje can't pour his own damn grog? I'll be more than happy to serve my fellow advent- Freeze Water! Ha Ha Ha! Romani Revenge, and I didn't even need a Hex!
*Arrive at main mod to come face to face with who I can only assume was the Kindly Queen of the Unseelie Court. I appreciate whoever casted the Mind Shield before the event, but it didn't help against an Absolute Piercing Dominate. It was fun creeping up on fellow newcomers and blasting them to oblivion with my Inferno spell, and worth being gagged and bound for the rest of the battle.
*Tsoli (Bill) is an awesome guy. A potion of refreshment along with my Dragon's Ale, topped off with Hot Cocoa with a side of Stoneskin and Earthen Armor? Such great service!
*Story time with Nicoli Boryev, the story in question being about his family curse. My heart goes out to you, Nicoli.
Sunday
Manage my sheet, dump the fifteen points of build I had left into spell points, cleaned up and hit the road.

Best event yet! Thanks go to Damien(Dimitri) , Zach (Tobar), Chris (Sergei), Marcella (Ilana), Bill (Tsoli), Justin (Augustus) for looking out for me. An honorable mention to David Ryes as well for tying my Mask in a square not when the Velcro was destroyed. Hope to see you next month!

Viktor Zalost, owner of Jani Jo's Magical Services.
OoG: Sean Hallahan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Tsoli (Tsoli)
28 Jan 2013 18:28 #5 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic January 2013 Highlights
-Missed out on the rapidly disappearing feast but an upset Ilana was granted some amazing apple pie by Kamei and was given support from Haroldson.
-Almost every relationship built up this event was crumbled by various actions of theft.
-Arden gets a gold star.
-I think Ilana bonded with Shamis. It was pretty cool.
-The three Imps during Main Mod. It was great 'hanging out' with you guys in the hall as everyone else dealt with The Menagerie
-"That's why you don't put Demon Marks on your face!" (I didn't get to see all of it, but Steve did good with the Encase With Ice plan and his various poses) Running around in circles after Raqoztl. Everyone's reaction when Kristen switched places with Alex when it was time to beat said demon to a pulp.
-Being asked about 6 times in 2 minutes about Ice Phoenixes suddenly. Ilana has a reputation for odd lores I guess.
-But, at least she knows what she needs to do next!

(Ilana introducing Alicia to the 'bottle psion' Her reaction was priceless and her bravery was appreciated)

The next couple of months are going to be interesting I think

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • Oren Tenderson
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Be better than you were the day before.
  • Thank Yous: 172
28 Jan 2013 18:31 #6 by Oren Tenderson (Tormy)
Replied by Oren Tenderson (Tormy) on topic January 2013 Highlights

How the heck can I be first on this one? I'll take it. I dont often get to be first, and after such an incredible event to be able to highlight. . .

OMG SOOOO TIRED

I think you answered your own question right there. So much fun we pushed ourselves into being too tired to type about it until the day after the event.

-I love helping out where I can, so when I was asked for a simple idea for a mod, and it worked out even with me showing up late, I was glad.
-Showing up at lay on, and getting pulled in for certain things right away on my NPC shift.
-showing up in town as Oren after a few months outside of the proper, and the stories I had come up with for those who wanted to know what happened to my hair and beard..
-My talk with the witch hunter masters, and their reactions to my reasoning. Followed directly by the reasoning and assignment of my new teacher.
-the conversations that I had on low combat times all event were great, if not a little slow moving from physical exhaustion from walking everywhere constantly.
-I lost track of how much I drank at the bar, but I love the way it has pulled so many of us in, and given us another place to collect more directly inside the inn.
-realizing that by saturday morning I had seen most of the witch hunters off to bed, and laughing that if I went to bed I would not have gotten up in time for the meeting I had posted about.
-making sure the baroness was safe in the new manor, and being invited back in after they thought Jack and I had already left. ( as always: you are an amazing hostess Jen. That snacks, and heat were just what was needed to keep us going.)
-my last questioning.
-all the demon fighting, and consequently my final test. I had hopes that this was going to be the event that I got my chance at the list, but I wasn't expecting how or when it happened.
-I was probably the most surprised person at feast when I was squired. Sheer dumb luck I was sitting at a table end, and not the middle of the back table. Thank you all for the well wishes.
-Immediately after feast having a duty to the Baroness, as well as getting a few things answered, and all the congratulations in the mean time.
-main mod was fantastic. I love being able to see who I happen to be swinging at during the biggest battle of the weekend, and with the snowfall, and the full moon, and clear sky, we got just that. Being in the inverted tower again and again as the mod kept leading us back in and out of the tower area. Also loved when the hunters split off to fight the lycan that was released, they knew just where certain characters were going to be while the rest ran after Sam in the woods. Fast lycan, or tier 5 demon? Guess where the tortured souls were.
-finally getting the time to have the talk and lesson for my first steps into my fourth lower list. As everyone else who found out about it said: ABOUT TIME! Jenna, the discussion was fantastic, and I am really looking forward to how this works out. (Tools of the trade, and the core of a hunter) And Jenna, I loved that line : "I suspect that you would call yourself a Demon Hunter before you call your self a Witch hunter."
- Being ordered to go to bed by two knights and the Baroness. And since the lycan that was reported to be on the front lawn of where I was going to sleep, I headed out. Seeing that he wasn't there, and that going down hill on my already dying feet, I took my orders instead of my instincts, and went to bed. Rather not be completely hobbled for work (MONDAY MORNING).
-waking up at a reasonable time, and the lessons, and discussions I both received, and helped give out. After becoming a Tortured Soul, it was fantastic to teach a Belmont lore: demon.

-and as always. the new faces and old friends. The little talks I got to have with a lot of you, and the in depth interactions with some of you, are always a treat.

just so many good things happened this month. Can't wait to see where it all leads in the coming months.

Captain Oren Zero Tenderson of the Royal Baronial Guard of Travance.

OOG- William Bartlett
Marshal
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
28 Jan 2013 18:42 - 30 Jan 2013 18:44 #7 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic January 2013 Highlights
Unseelie, Werewolves, and demons. But my biggest highlight had to be playing the whipstitched on friday night. There is something satisfying about playing a flesh golem that was able to turn people into ragdolls.

LM shift with Chris Goley...
of course a Lore: Sea mod gets sent out when I am not there to go on it.
Saturday: melting down my polearm to be used for my legendary work, then trying to corner a Valosian priest to consecrate the materials. Total time: about three hours, time that I still need to work on it: 17
LM SHIFT #2

Stepping away from the feast early to forge a few special weapons to be used against the unseelie... I think that Elric may have found a new hobby in pissing off redcaps.

Main mod: Emily, you were awesome. I have never seen anyone else able to pull off a Benny Hill style chase like you did once you got pulled out of the Faerie Realm.
Getting frozen just as I was about to put a Faerie Door into a box.
FINALLY GETTING TO USE INTERCEDE!!!
Brian Also makes such a delightfully sadistic redcap.

Sunday:
Shenanigans with Viktor!
Hexxing someone in front of two nobles... And getting away with it. Yet another thing that the good doctor has managed to do

All in all this event turned out to be pretty awesome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
Last edit: 30 Jan 2013 18:44 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby).
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
28 Jan 2013 19:07 #8 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic January 2013 Highlights
Wow. This was an interesting event. One of my top highlights had to be watching Billium annoy the dark fairy out of her sanctuary.

I had fun getting to hang out with characters I never really bother to talk to.

Conversation Sunday with Seamus...never expected a conversation about my soul glad it happened. It was really good. Same internal strife about my own soul, its an interesting realization.

Antics with Steve, I think hanging out with Corvin is going to make me love magic so much more.

Having the realization that despite not trusting nature and things natural somehow two certain Kaledonia druids have managed to start to worm there way into Tari's heart.

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
The following user(s) said Thank You: SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
28 Jan 2013 19:48 - 28 Jan 2013 20:35 #9 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic January 2013 Highlights
On Sunday night, I was utterly exhausted, had barely any voice, and was sore all over. These are the signs of a great event.

Friday:
-Played the KR version of Dr. Frankenstein, testing out my children, the Whipstitched. Nicely fought, Travance. Nicely fought, Caelvan.
-Interrogations with Billliam, the bone-breaking "alchemist."
-Put on my new costume for my alt. It looks awesome.
-Lessons as Skarosh with Keavy and Billliam.

Saturday:
-Adventurer's Guild. Between the lightning troll and the ancient imp, my card was nearly spent by 11 AM!
-Candied bacon. Oren, you've been replaced as baconmancer
-Mage's Guild mod and the following meeting.
-Viktor's Freeze Water trick. That'll teach those gaje to treat us like servants!
-A last minute gift from Sergei to help during the battle against the faeries.
-Main mod was complex and beautiful. It could have been complex and terrible and confusing if it hadn't been so well managed and organized. Kudos to Kristen, Mike Smith, and anyone else involved in writing, running, or organizing one of the most enjoyable battles I've had in a long time at Knight Realms.
-Dreag'Killsquad! Winks, Danny, it was a pleasure murdering things with you.

NPC shift:
-Nothing says "Jonas Kane keeps a clean establishment" like Oozes crawling out from the barrel-bar.
-Playing a crazy psion and turning people against one another. Bat Cooper, nice job spotting the pattern.
-Screaming torture murder monster (AKA James plot part 1)

Sunday:
-"SUNDAY!"
-The best bard lesson I've ever had, even if it was for a spellsong I already knew. Baroness, your lessons are truly inspirational, and I'm glad I finally got to learn something from you.
-Following those lesson, I had a conversation with the Baroness that I've been waiting 3 months for. Now Tobar has a serious decision to make about his path.

Can't wait for the Feb event!

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
Last edit: 28 Jan 2013 20:35 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woolsey Bysmor (Osred), Croínamara (Jen), Fortier (Greysect)
  • Paige
  • Est July, 1202
  • Thank Yous: 1
28 Jan 2013 20:41 #10 by Paige (Paige)
Replied by Paige (Paige) on topic January 2013 Highlights
Clergy birthday month. Giggles were had.
Wish I could have stuck around! Sounds like I missed a real good event :dry:

Templar Paige N. Merlot Darkheart of the Kindred Oak

"Act not in hatred or in spite
Even if it means your life"

Heather ~OOG Human
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
28 Jan 2013 20:45 - 28 Jan 2013 20:52 #11 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic January 2013 Highlights
It was utterly awesome to NPC for Kristen this weekend and help out where I could. I loved the plot from the beginning and was so happy to see its fruition.

Being a Master Witch Hunter character was so funny to me since my PC often is dragged into spending time late at night with the witch hunters by her bodyguard. Being welcomed as one of their own-- and as family by Shamis--was a wonderful experience. Also seeing different sides of people Aemorniel never would see during the witch hunter mods.

Doing Undine makeup was a ton of fun. Dave you looked awesome and were such a great sport.

RP shenanigans with Jen F as our NPCs whether it be tooting the horn for our cause, being sneaky about getting away, getting in people's faces when they insulted Elder Evelyne, or any comments about Third Hunter that passed. Most of all--those moments we said the same thing at the same time such as someone asking what Third Hunter was good at and we responded with the same Steve Oros voice: "DEATH."

Drinking pure Jonas Kane in my morning tea while being surrounded by gypsies.

Constantly being confused for my PC though I was obviously carrying weaponry, dressed in all blacks, and not carrying an obnoxiously large book or "dressed like a peacock" then having people have to explain to me who she was and why they kept saying it was a compliment to be compared. Larry--your answer amused me the most. You predicted a predicament I had not even 20 minutes afterwards when I was back as my PC.

Being proposed to in the most ridiculous fashion by my favorite Ralinfolly. Steven you are the best. Thanks for all the laughs.

Having a good friend ask me to be their teacher. A very humbling experience both IG and OOG since I respect him greatly and am a little flustered by the idea of taking on such a prominent student. Don't get me wrong--I love all of my other students too.

Scholarly discussions in the library and realizing more of Osred may have rubbed off on me than I realized.

Sunday morning wake up with Demonic Trolls. First thinking they were imps because of the masks, running to the library, being super confused on how they could smash door, IDing them for what they are and knowing I was screwed since everyone in the armory was asleep, then getting dropped. What ensued next was the most ridiculous windwalker battle as the creatures carried me away multiple times just out of reach of the healers and Lethias in a game of cat and mouse. Lethias' pure frustration before going nuts with his little shiv was probably the highlight of that entire moment. Fantastic dive to try to save me from my little brother as well. Very proud of him for being a hero without hesitation.

Finally getting my big tin of Strawberry Misaki Tea. Best IG transaction ever.

Next event marks my PC's one year anniversary from being dragged through a portal into Travance. Oooooof. Has it really almost been a year since Trouble made her first appearance? It's strange to see how far she has come since then and how far she has progressed since then.

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
Last edit: 28 Jan 2013 20:52 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Corvin Ralenfolly (SteveM), Lathiel (Lathiel), Zathir (Clevatus)
28 Jan 2013 21:11 - 28 Jan 2013 22:16 #12 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic January 2013 Highlights
So here goes:

Friday surprise party, Bull in a china shop also Billliamm's insanity coming out hard.

Sitting at the bar asking about rumors and trying to drink 100 mugs, to join the gentleman's club

Interrogating 3 Necromancers into giving up there ways

Also Billliamm's constant battle vs. authority vs. his respect for those in charge

NPCing For Mike Smith, always a pleasure.

Making Ogres who bought Ginny Gin Gin fight till each were rippled and then killing them slowly to help avenge her. Then finding the Bandit and interrogating him and causing him immense pain without offering the nice option cause he hurt Billliamm's Friend

Demon Mod. Blink is one hell of a drug

Spending Main Mod Talking talking at Emily's Fairy to distract her. I hear it worked well. My favorite line was," My heart beats your name...what is your name again."

Tari saving Billliamm from the various impedements Emily's fairy did to him, thanks

Fighting the dominated Brogan, Even though billliamm knew brogan was dominated he hates him so beserker rage was used

Squaring off with Steve's and Nick's Red Cap lots of fun

I believe after Main Mod. Lethias to Billliamm, "You are the wind beneath my wings."

All in all it was an amazing event kind of sad I had to leave early

Almost forgot epic Baroness save via Slam. It felt kind of awesome heroicly close lining myxolidia cause if brute force can't solve your problem you haven't applied enough of it

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
Last edit: 28 Jan 2013 22:16 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woolsey Bysmor (Osred), Lathiel (Lathiel)
  • Rowan Uidhir
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Beans, beans, the musical fruit...
  • Thank Yous: 145
28 Jan 2013 22:09 #13 by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
Replied by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa) on topic January 2013 Highlights
I would like to add so much more, but a paper due at 8am tomorrow morning prevents me from writing a more extensive event highlight and catching enough sleep.

Friday
-Thank you Lieutenant Blacktree for the conversation, which got my PC in a political/philosophical debate about the Belmonts, demons and werewolves!
-Mages’ Guild food, Finding out why Billiam hates me, and finding out that Mirwin and Guildmaster Silverbow are ENGAGED! The Bard Competition prize money came in handy with picking up the Guild’s tab at the bar.

Saturday
-NPCing didn’t cause me immense physical pain this time around. I enjoyed the bounty hunter/crime mod, especially: “It still doesn’t work like that, Keavey!”
-Lessons with Mirwin and Tobar. Thanks for the enrichment, you two :D
-The feast was EXCELLENT, as always ^_^
-Rowan’s heart stopped when the Unseelie Queen sat down in front of her (GREAT costuming and makeup, btw!!). Mine, however was racing like a peregrine falcon and singing songs like “BIG PLOT, BIG PLOT! YOU’RE GETTING INVOLVED IN BIG PLOT!”
-The Queen using a superior charm on Jonas and demanding that he serve her food. It was the funniest thing when he dumped that whole bowl of rice on her plate.
-Kristin, I adored everything about this month's plot. It was the first month where my PC had the desire to go out and punt evil in the bum!
-During Main mod, Rowan was alleviating one healer’s work by singing a spell song to heal an injured man. Midway through the song the man yells NO! NOT YOU! FILTHY CREATURE! It was Billiam. Rowan ran.

Sunday
-Leave it to my older brother and my IG teacher to pick on me when NPCing psychotic Psions. Thanks, bro for almost getting Rowan arrested.
-That dagger loaned to me by the Guildmaster came in handy with those demonic trolls outside of the Armory. ^_^ The noob hobbit with fancy gifts was useful! Thank you, so very much, Guildmaster for everything you did for Rowan this moon that saved the lives of many through out the weekend.
-Rowan was interviewed by GinGinny for the paper. The topic? Dragon’s Breath!

It is always a great weekend when I’m at KR. I’m so happy that I saw all of my friends and that I made new friends this time around. Every event just gets better and better!

(OOG) Teresa Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin), Elawyn (Elawyn), Kelly (Kelly), Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen)
  • Tsoli
  • Life is simple, but we insist on making it complex
  • Thank Yous: 63
28 Jan 2013 23:23 #14 by Tsoli (Tsoli)
Replied by Tsoli (Tsoli) on topic January 2013 Highlights
Holy crap glad to be back after a few events of being MIA

Where to start?

Friday night RP in the Mages guild meeting was fantastic, thank you to Lathiel for intercepting and stopping me from cowering in a corner.

Then the happy engagement of The Guildmaster and his lovely bride to be, fantastic RP.

Drinking afterwards free of charge by those celebrating the family!

Speaking of drinking LOVE LOVE LOVE the new bar, James you really outdid yourself.

first 4th rank higher list skill WOOHOO

Being able to run mods for people who had not gotten much attention in a long time was very gratifying, happy all enjoyed and thanks to my NPC volunteers for being good sports in this weather.
(ps i will NOT send out who i sent out as a gambler again, sorry guys :evil: )

Taught Charm 3 times, I really must be a charming fellow for people to keep coming up to me and asking if i can help them be more Charming :D thanks all

Mage guild mod, using 2 skills for the first time to great effect.
Glad I didn't touch that book

Arcane Prism, enough said!

Giving out 80mp worth of protections and my armor to people going to main mod while i tended bar, left myself in single digits but i hope i saved some lives.

Teaching more than i learned this event was awesome, it's really cool to see the transition and know i can help others progress, glad to be back and looking forward to bringing a mob of new players(should all go according to plan) to February,

See all then!

T'soli Silverbow of House Silverbow

If we call for the proof and we question the answers,
Only the doubt will grow

OOG: Bill Friederich - Live while you Live
Kitchen Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lathiel (Lathiel), Fortier (Greysect)
29 Jan 2013 02:33 #15 by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli)
Replied by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli) on topic January 2013 Highlights
This was such a great event! I enjoyed myself greatly especially after helping work on the camp beforehand.

Friday:
-Nice down time RP with Karla
-Going out on a mod to Totem pole hill with everyone. Got to be useful in waking up the Elder, and fixing Jen F. after being incinerated as her NPC.
-Feeling a sense of "hitting home" for Kamei as the amulet was taking over the Elder as an amulet was once taking over Quan Liu.

Saturday:
-Only low light was sleeping til 2pm because of a little bout of feeling sick, it was very random and strange.
-Feast prep!! <3 So much fun! Have I ever mentioned I love being in the kitchen at game?
-Probably biggest highlight: Hearing a group of loud people out in the bar area, being told by Rosette that it was Archer, Wormwood and their friends. I saw they were out of "booze" (or close too it anyway). So being the nice person I am, I got them a bottle on my tab. I got cheered, and a little while later when going out to grab their empty bottles I got pulled by the waist really close to Wormwood being asked what they owed me. Never in my four years of KR roleplaying has Kamei ever been in a situation where she didn't know what to do with herself. Not knowing what to say, where to look or put her hands. A little awkward pat on the shoulder, a "you don't owe me anything" and a quick change of subject too "I'm just going to get your empty bottles". So, thank you Alex for this awesome memory! It will forever make me laugh.
-Serving feast! It was delicious even though we didn't get any empanadas in the kitchen. (All of the deep frying!)
-Playing bartender with Tsoli for a good bit! It was fun getting to interact with new players and old players a like at the new beautiful bar.
-Very nice roleplay moments with John H and Rick D this event! It was relaxing and amazing
-War and Go Fish with Jarrett and Bill!!!
-Tarot reading by Geoff! Makes me worried about IG life and OOG life...they're just IG readings...right Geoff?....Right? <3

Sunday:
-First time getting to use most of my skills in a SUPER long time. It was beautiful and amazing!
-Learning Evade. I want to thank you all for coming out and supporting me by shooting arrows at me, and throwing snowballs. Usually these acts would be by people who didn't like one another, but I know it was all out of love!! Including the snowball to the ear by Justin =P Took forever for it to melt! <3

Thank you all for an amazing event!!!! See you when I see you!

[Kamei Kunsai, Vassal and Health Administer of Kaladonia]
[Luminista Petsho-Aeislin]

(oog: Shannon F.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Tsoli (Tsoli)
29 Jan 2013 10:30 #16 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic January 2013 Highlights
This was probably one of my best events in recent memory. Huge hats off to Kristen and everyone that helped her put on a fantastic plot. I was only involved in a couple spots, but what I saw was great.

-New daggers! Winks now has 13 daggers in-game (not counting his throwing daggers). If only I had that many physreps I'd be all set.
-Great lessons, both giving and receiving. Along the same vein, very much looking forward to teaching an old student some new tricks.
-Getting something worked out that had been a worry in Winks' mind for a while now. Yay for having the right friends.
-Mage's Guild business. That new item the guild has is pretty awesome, I must say. Now if only I was a better Mage.
-Alex Blockus' redcap during feast. You have no idea how hard I had to work to not lunge across the table with blades drawn.
-Getting involved with and committing my service to the Baroness for the conflict. Watching the roleplay between her and the Unseelie Queen (played by Kelly) was wonderful. I wonder if anyone noticed I had my (newly acquired) iron dagger at the ready throughout the entire conversation in case of treachery.
-Main mod. I love full-moon mods. The Drega-Killsquad with myself, Tobar, and Danny was so much fun and, I think, very effective. Then going after and taking down the Dark Lady was very intense. Considering she's actually immortal, I wouldn't be surprised if I've earned an enemy for life.
-JamesMod. All I can really say about this is that it's probably one of the best and most nerve-wracking mods I've ever been on. It seriously played out like a movie thriller, and I felt honored to be a part of it with everyone else that was there.

I can't wait to see how everything develops. See everyone next month.

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Alex (Wormwood)
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
29 Jan 2013 11:12 #17 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic January 2013 Highlights

Winks Sharpthorn wrote: I wonder if anyone noticed I had my (newly acquired) iron dagger at the ready throughout the entire conversation in case of treachery.

I was acutely aware you were ready to jump at me, but as for the NPC's IG knowledge, I'm not telling :P

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
The following user(s) said Thank You: Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
  • Charcoal
  • I'm back!
  • Thank Yous: 7
29 Jan 2013 21:05 #18 by Charcoal (CharcoalCa-Chov)
Replied by Charcoal (CharcoalCa-Chov) on topic January 2013 Highlights
This was such a fun event! Despite the cold, I was able to run around happy and somewhat energetic the whole time, so kudos for the plotwriters!

Highlights [in no particular order]:

- Falling asleep IG after a Mage's Guild meeting with a stuffed tiger in my arms, hearing "how adorable!" "we should get her catnip and watch her go crazy," and "no, string would work better."
- Becoming the town's shipping fairy, writing some Kwildar x Remi and promptly having it torn up afterwards by Remi herself. I REGRET NOTHING. Also, the astonished look on Kwildar's face upon reading the fanfiction was priceless.
- MAGE CAKE.
- The Fae Queen. Gosh. From the moment she sat down in front of me during Feast I knew I had a chance of being plot important, and I GOT THE MAGIC KEY TO THE STRING AND WOW JUST FREAKING OUT ABOUT THAT IN ITSELF WITH ROWAN WAS AWESOME. 0u0
- Meeting The Baroness, being awestruck by being in her presence, and then hanging around her a lot because the Fae Queen said so. And then hugging the Baroness. WOW I JUST FEEL SO IMPORTANT AHAHAHAH
- Going on my highest level mod yet besides Main with the Mage's Guild into frozen blizzard land was rather entertaining.
- Seeing all my friends again. Remind me why I don't show up more often? =u=''
- Earning my highest amount of gold to date in one event; roughly 30. I'M SWIMMING IN RICHES.
- Getting drunk off of Elven Reserve because it was OOG tastier than water so that's what I lived off of. I'm surprised Charcoal doesn't have alcohol poisoning by now.
- Seeing another Katta PC for the first time.
- Falling asleep in front of multiple fire places.
- Listening into the short conversation between the Fae Queen and Na'ar was both frightening and fascinating. 0n0
- Surprising a few people by wearing contacts instead of glasses for the first time.
- Before battle pep-talk from Kwildar. I was kinda IG and OOG scared to be holding onto the key, so it helped a lot. >u>
- Following around Kwildar, the Guildmaster and their brides-to-be singing Can You Feel the Love Tonight was very entertaining. I'm still wondering how I didn't get zapped because of that.
- BARD LESSONS FROM TOBAR. Oh, how I've missed those.
- Trying to get an orc to sing.
- Being cured of worms via restoration after ten minutes into Friday Lay On because of drunkenness. Oh well.
- Also during Feast, the Fae Queen enchanted Jonas to get me pirogis. =u=

Lowlights:

- COLD.
- Chasing the progenitor wolf/ice phoenix in the COLD.
- Dropping gold everywhere because my robe pockets are horrible.
- Not really using any of my songs for anything but giving armor and healing body. I need to hit the forges faster next time.
- AND IT WAS COLD.

I hope to see you all next event! <333

"If two wrongs don't make a right, try three!"

IG: Charcoal Cha'cov
OOG: Sophie Rich
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • Mirwen Silverbow
  • Shadows and darkness are not to be feared. As with any other tool, it is the will of the wielder that does evil or good.
  • Thank Yous: 85
29 Jan 2013 21:09 #19 by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen)
Replied by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen) on topic January 2013 Highlights
Well I certainly had an interesting 1-year anniversary at KR. Thanks to everyone for making it so awesome! Let's see, what happened this event...

Some lessons in fire magic, it's very nice to be able to actually hurt things now...
Mage plot! Fighting undead, trying not to die (succeeding, surprisingly) and then being handed the book we had to reclaim. Finding out later what that meant. I'm scared to look at my card next event. Also fun: '...So, Cameron, if I can read Dwarven in real life, can I read these notes in game...?'
Going on main mod again (I usually avoid the Grand Stupid like the plague), and actually being useful! That was a nice feeling.
Starting to open my first higher list!! First sorcery lesson for Mirwen, I'm very excited about that :cheer:
Passing on the Harpy's Talon I've had since my second or third event, as it is no longer useful to me. I hope you make good use of it, Rowan!
And yes, I've seen it written here at least twice already, Mirwen is engaged. Some of the best reactions I received were 'I'm sorry," but i think Croi takes the cake: 'JONAS!! THIS WOMAN IS ENGAGED, GET HER A DRINK!!' (PS, it's very difficult to fend off a Celt when they want you to drink. Alas, I was not going to my first sorcery lesson drunk. So. I owe you a night at the bar, Croi.)

Thanks to everyone for doing such an awesome job with this event!! All of the faeries and fey looked fantastic, main mod was insane, and I think Hyporia and company crashing feast was absolutely awesome. I'm sure I've forgotten s many cool things that happened and I apologize, but everything about this event was great. I can't wait to see everyone again in February!

Lady Mirwen Silverbow of Pendarvin
Master of the Mage's Guild
Mage's Guild Scribe

[IMG

Christine B
New Player Marshal
Logistics Marshal
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
29 Jan 2013 21:51 #20 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic January 2013 Highlights
I was so afraid that the cold was going to ruin this event for me but it was most definitely the best event I've been to so far. I had a total blast!

~ Before I forget: THE NEW BAR!!!
~ Getting introduced to a young healer; Albert. Trying to teach him to be wise and not go on silly adventures before ending up going on one somehow and taking him with. Healing tons of broken limbs and getting creative to conserve points. Made a few new good friends I can totally hide behind while healing, thank you for protecting me!
~ Wanting to forget all the horrors I saw/smelled, having drinks bought for me, getting drunk and saying silly things while my uncle got eaten in his room. Finding out he is ok after the fact and freaking out about how terrible I am for not being there. On the plus side, Jonas can now actually pronounce my name correctly.
~ Sergei... fair trades... epic winning.
~ Lessons with Galen, always a highlight, bittersweet this time for they were the last. I will miss them so much!
~ Teaching two new students! I hope you enjoyed the lessons as much as I did.
~ Helping Dr.Maxwell with an operation for Gin Ginny. I think we made her happy again.

~ Getting to play an awesome NPC I was very excited about, the reactions, the emotions... Mystery remains unsolved, she will have to return! Sorry Gideon ;)
~ The horrified looks I got as said NPC before she went out. I think I even managed to disturb the Oros.
~ Human steam? For real. Couch huddles and generosity / kindness all over the place. <3

~ Soul ripping pain, sharing it with Galen, wanting nothing more than to end it for its owner. Constantly running into Lord Aleister randomly and unintentionally.
~ Reading by Carlos, disturbingly accurate. So much so that Angeliana refused to ask him to explain anything further.
~ Getting to go to the inverted tower for the "James Mod"... Thank you all for taking little me. This was beyond Epic. Although I couldn't feel any fingers and toes, I don't regret it one bit. Found out I am a good wuss, I run and dodge and duck and dive well. Also found out I had solved the riddle but was being a moron in the end. Judge's ability to be a fantastic role player; you blow my mind. Your cackle will haunt Angeliana's nightmares for ever. The entire setup was amazing, from music to props to sound... very well done.
~ Restoring Lord A's soul! Jade is now for ever a hero in my eyes and I will hug her until she shoos me away.

~ Getting introduced to Thalia and getting some information I am extremely excited about IG and OOG. Thank you ma'am! :cheer:
~ All the massages all weekend! I hope I was able to alleviate some real pains for all of you.

I can't wait until next time, thank you all for being so fantastic!

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Beans, beans, the musical fruit...
  • Thank Yous: 145
29 Jan 2013 22:43 #21 by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
Replied by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa) on topic January 2013 Highlights

Mirwen wrote: Passing on the Harpy's Talon I've had since my second or third event, as it is no longer useful to me. I hope you make good use of it, Rowan!

You have no idea how that talon has has helped saved so many lives already! You got Rowan so pumped to be more than the flute girl who gets people to their feet.

(OOG) Teresa Amore
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
29 Jan 2013 23:41 - 29 Jan 2013 23:44 #22 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic January 2013 Highlights
Kudos to Kristen who ran a great weekend and some excellent mods. I will give Alex B and his minions high marks. I did not see Sam R. NPC in action, but with guys like that as the heavies, it was going to be good. Two hours of RPing with Oros' Third Hunter. Actually it was mostly me encasing him in ice, and occasionally having to fight him until I could land one. The interplay when the demon exceeded a set distance was interesting. Let's hear it for Battle Casting. Steve spent two hours in various poses. Explaining to the Baroness that I was the best person to control Third Hunter and could do it, but in Travance ne can ne ver know what will happen.

Interplay with Jenn F (and to a lesser extent JJ) NPC. Took a while for her to comprehend that I was the only fighter near Third Hunter NOT trying to kill him, and that someone with the right tools had to sit on him. How does one shut up a loud Physician/Jenn F? Howling wind, after encasing her in ice so I could think it through.

Sam R, Sam D and Vince waking me up at 0230. Seems Sam R would marshal a Scrying ritual that the Witch hunters needed if I would do it. Pendarvin's interior was literally within 5 degrees of freezing, and I amused Sam R by looking for loopholes that would not allow me to do the ritual. Fortunately, Lethias or Moira did not know the subjects name.

Quan Liu's last opening lesson in Master Warrior - So far it has all been mental, but we are both on the same page.

Oros' NPC Sorcerer taught me a Green Sorcery Ritual.

Alice (Angeliana) giving me a back rub.

Arm wrestling some one who thought they were strong and then being accused of cheating. That went over like a get well card at a funeral with Edwin.

Lot my first game of chess in 4 years when after having obtained a won game, I decided to sacrifice my queen for a Bishop as my opponent, who had been making tactical mistakes the entire game would have to play a tactically perfect game to win. He did. :)

Lots of others, but I am still beat.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Last edit: 29 Jan 2013 23:44 by geezer (geezer).
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
30 Jan 2013 09:16 - 30 Jan 2013 09:17 #23 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic January 2013 Highlights
GREAT event! Despite the cold, thank-you so much to the staff and players for making it an amazing time!

Friday night:
- Meeting Na’ars sister, Charcoal, and having fun chasing the bouncing beads of my breaking bracelet (try that five times fast).

- Going on a random treasure hunting adventure with some friends, meeting ghosts and then meeting the pirates that made them ghosts, watching Gregory try and take over one’s mind and then almost getting in trouble with Magnus myself when he was arrested for attacking without provocation. Turns out I can’t talk someone else’s way out of trouble all that well…

- Participating in a well paying bounty hunter test for Orion. I hid out in the woods for quite some time, undetected by anyone and felt pretty slick… 12 gold richer! Whoo-hoo, thank-you, that was fun!

- The battle against the undead in the chasm of dooooom. Necromancers, skeletons, exploding zombies…. Madness. Poor Sin (a newfound Healer buddy) was so unnerved. She kept yelling for me to keep back. I mostly listened, except in a few occasions where I worried for my bravely fighting companions. I usually have a handle on the poke n’ dodge or heal n’ dodge. I tried that tactic on a particularly scary looking skeleton fellow, slipped and fell to the ground slowly and panicked because he was still advancing. In said panic, I couldn’t even manage to get myself to my feet so I fought with my staff from my back, even getting this super cool Hollywood roll over and onto my feet, still defending.

Sometimes LARPing means learning things your body can do that you had noooo idea about! :D

- Getting my first minor insanity point from a Necromantic terror. Considering all the misadventures I had this event, it should be easy to role play…. Lol.

- Doing a photo shoot was AWESOME! Thank-you so much for the opportunity! I can’t wait to see the pictures for this event!
Saturday:

- Speaking of misadventures… Getting kidnapped while on the morning wake-up constitutional with Jonas! Poor fellow, he and Razeal (is that your name, purple clad wild mage?) tried hard to save me and I thank them for it. But they were outnumbered and I was wind-walkered off with quite often, while being told of horrors that would befall me. It’s all fun and games until someone loses a tail. Which I did. :(
I’m a little surprised that for the first round of ransom, no one cared. I know the four of us were fairly new to town and all, but geez, guys!
Round 2, we were force fed potions of invisibility and marched to the caravan where (I forget your name, lad, but you played the master torturer in the pretty gold doublet) eagerly began a DREAD SURGERY of all things on poor Orion. So I went buck wild about it, (#empathichealerproblems) which made NPC-An’Hil turned to me with a cackle and began to shave off my fur. :( ALL of the yelling ensued. Just as all hope was lost, Magnus busted in and body blocked them away from us and fought bravely. I healed him as best I could while Zathir and Na’ar rushed in as well. We were saved! Hooray! But poor Orion. I was worried about him the rest of the event, because, omg Dread Surgery. Terrible! (Thank-you, Na’ar for regenerating my tail….)

- Helping out in the kitchen with the feast! Meeting the kitchen staff this event was wonderful. Thank-you so much for being so welcoming to me. It was great getting to know each other. Everyone was very kind and patient with me, and I learned several valuable cooking tips and recipes from Louis. Even though it was UNBELIEVABLY tiring, it was also rewarding. And despite the madness of preparation of a feast of such proportion, we got along very well…like a well oiled machine! I had no idea so much hard work went into the feast. My goodness. But it was very rewarding to everyone who helped hearing how much people loved the meal.

- Saturday night was intense… as per norm! Faeiries and demons and having to square off against a FIRE imp. Very dangerous since Kitierans are so flammable. I did it, though, without going up in flames. Huzzah!

- Running around healing everyone during the battle… and almost accidentally healing the Red Cap. When he turned around and cackled, I swear my eyes grew three sizes. He pursued and it was the worst, because it was that confident walk of “I’mma reach you and kill you right at this slow pace” and I almost just gave up and let him kill me on the spot because of it. Luckily I stopped cowering in time to sprint away like hell. (Seriously, good job, because I got a real shot of adrenaline from that. Major acting points. That was terrifying.)

And no, I did not appreciate that random lightning bolt to the face, faerie queen. >.< How rude.

- Werewolf misadventures… Spouted from trying to rally a party for a random adventure in the woods. It was brave and fabulously hatted Jon who indulged me and his reward was hearing a howl in the distance. ALL of the excitement. When we found the werewolf, I was told to go back to the inn and alert folks. Halfway there, I found out someone already had, so I went back to find the party, after all what if Jon was on the ground being ripped apart, somewhere? I at least owed him heals. After I cut through some woods and struggled through the sharp grasp of winter thorns, I saw a group walking… well, not at a leisurely pace, but certainly not a run. It never occurred to me that the silhouette in the front was actually the Father of the Menagerie. I started forward and when the moonlight hit his face, I knew.
And he saw me, too. A fluffy and confused looking cat in the distance. I backed away and he started to run at me.
Ohhhhh, was that scary. All the warnings about how terrible werewolves were… Did I ever run! Fatigue was replaced by adrenaline, and I bet if I were careful I might have outrun or even outmaneuvered long enough for the party behind him to save me. Instead, terror made me think: CLIMB TREE NOW. So I did.
Hey, do you know what I learned this event? Werewolves can climb.

(Thank-you Clyden, for taking care of the cursed bite for me!!!)

Sunday:

- Ohhhh so tired and sore. My gosh. I think a lot of people were in the same boat, because not too much went on for excitement… though it was fun to watch Gregory and (alchemist whose name I never caught, sorry!) try to spark fire from their fingertips using powdery components. Did I appreciate almost being set on fire? No, but I suppose that was to be expected within present company, lol.

Wonderful event, I had a great time. Thank-you everyone for being so welcoming and patient. This was only my second event, and there are still so many things I am confused about and have to clarify. But… now things are starting to click, so hopefully I will be less derpy about things… ;)

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
Last edit: 30 Jan 2013 09:17 by Swyft (agentswift).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erdrick (Erdrick)
30 Jan 2013 11:37 - 30 Jan 2013 11:39 #24 by Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na)
Replied by Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na) on topic January 2013 Highlights
Friday night
I'm pretty sure this was my best night out of the whole weekend [=
There's no place else I'd rather freeze then freezing out in the cold watching my friends fight stuff with foamy weapons [=
Somewhat teaching Justin a lesson by not healing him right away.. Justin.. you had better learned that lesson
All of the rp most of the weekend with alex. He's made her realize a lot about herself .. and how easy it is to piss her off .. love ya too buddy
Let me just say I myself would never sit and chat with a messenger who works for a necromancer scientist.. but hey well.. Syn can be stupid sometimes lol.
But talking to the messenger even with half the inn and half her family behind her telling her no don't do it.. she still didn't want to listen.
Authority seems to be the only way you can get her to realize something is stupid.. like when Alex { Shiku } pulled the noble card on her for the first time ever..which led to long arguments outside/inside/ and upstairs for the rest of the night.
" YOU PULLED THE NOBLE CARD ON ME ! WELL THEN I MIGHT AS WELL BE ANOTHER PEASANT AND NOT YOUR OWN DAMN SISTER !"
She wasn't happy.
hehe sure I may regret saying this but I always like a challenge... COME AT ME MATT DEFRANZA ... YOU WON'T :p
Edwin interrupting our serious conversation every two seconds not knowing he was aggravating both of them.
Oh I love Rp with Shannon.. In Kr you're always the mom <3
It's okay babes we hashed it out for hours and hours after you put us in our corners.
Syn's not used to the whole having a family of her own yet. But she's getting there.

Saturday
My npc shift was one of the best I've had in a long time .. thanks Cameron !
Sitting in on the hunter's meeting with Aden .. made her feel like she was apart of something again
Towards the end I felt like I was practically npcin'g my pc lol but it was awesome.
One thing I told Matt and Cooper..everybody's gonna think Syn used magic to speed up her pregnancy.... I npc'd an eight month pregnant Khitan and Cooper was the father Feast was amazing guys ! Will winter feast again
Old time adventuring with harlee and nick ... nick never knowing what's going on when we drag him along. and now Sannyiah has a very important decision she has to wrestle with
When the immortal ( who you were beautiful by the way I'm sorry I can't remember her real name ) sat next to syn she had a why me moment.then again she is a diplomat so talking to foregin people is her thing right ?
WELL NONE OF THE OTHER GUYS STARTED TALKING TO HER !
For about most of that feast I was an immortal's bitch..but I wasn't gonna say no pf.
Her curiosity strangely reminded me a lot of Syn's.

After dinner .... Zero decides to go on a solo adventure in finding the fairy queen's wand.... OLDER SISTER TO THE RESCUE !! .. and aquena.
after using my strength plus one i was saving for something important I got as a wedding present.. Magnus came over and manicaled him .. about seven times
It's nice when you're the one who can do the lecturing after you do something stupid for a change.yay for mind control
Chillin in the Inn because oog I was getting sick and couldn't handle the cold for main mod even though I wanted to go.
YAY for rp pregnancy hormones ! heh.. this is gonan be fun
of course all of the concern comes with pregnancy hormones when well you have people who care,love and look out for you {:
I think not only in real life but in game .. some of us are becoming so close to the point its creepy ... because when Shiku decides to go see if someone's okay practically by himself..
five minutes later you and a friend just look at each other and BOLT out of the inn to go after him.
Oh how could I forget Morty telling Syn that Oz is her Uncle.....
adjflsjflksajdkjkjsjk;
darn dragoons...
DAFAQ ??
THAT!! will be extremely awesome role play I'm highly looking forward too
Sunday
Sunday included Syn wrestling with ANOTHER decision thanks to Shiku ...
I don't think you realize how heavy she's thinking about this.. and the fact that she's even thinking about this.. that's just WRONG... WRONG I TELL YOU
I'm also pretty sure that along with Justin.. Shiku and Syn tag teamed each other when it came to saving one another's lives... all weekend.
Bleeding out is a bitch guys.
Sunday was relaxing and a ton of family rp that I'm pretty sure will follow up next event.
See ya guys there !

-> Sannyiah ' Syn ' Amarie Tempest Na

Healer of Travance
Ambassador of Alisandria
Apprentice to Aiden DelDragon
Apprentice to Gregor Borowitz
OOG: Karla

And though she be but little.. she be fierce,,
Last edit: 30 Jan 2013 11:39 by Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na).
  • Alicia D.
  • Thank Yous: 48
30 Jan 2013 15:11 - 30 Jan 2013 15:17 #25 by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
Replied by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow) on topic January 2013 Highlights
I would have done this on Monday but I have been really sick with the flu. Haha well this event I wasn't really involved in to much combat this time around, but boy oh boy the RP was awesome!

Friday Night NPC:

~OMGTHECOLD. So so cold. But SO SO FUN!!! Honestly playing an Orc and screaming "FOOD! FOOD???FOOD!!" at people was so very entertaining!!! LOL I was the first to get killed, but OH DEAR GOD IT WAS HYSTERICAL! I got murdered in the bathroom and stuffed in the toilet only to hear the guy who kill me go back into the bar room:
"SO WHO LEFT AN ORC IN THE TOILET!? ALEISTER WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN EATING AGAIN?!" LOL

After NPC:

~Wow really fun RP with my friends, Alicia and Reese finally seeing each other after the whole mortal hunter incident last moon, ohhh boyyy.

~Then getting frozen in ice by Reese after arguing for 10 minutes. That was really funny except we had to deal with the guard!

~Finally after that fiasco I had a nice heart to heart with Reese, wow intresting stuff. Then bed time, but not before getting attacked and dragged out of the bed/fight. I received some hot coco from the Baroness to calm down and to go back to bed. Gotta tell yah it was really funny to run into the bar in my pajamas and mob cap on. Lol

Saturday:

~The market fair was totally awesome! Thanks for everyone that made such awesome food :) Sold out of cookies again!

~Being made fun of at the bar was really funny as well!
"What is that!?"
"Water :D"
"YOUR DRINKING WATER AT A BAR!?"
"uh..uhhh yes?!"
"I HAD HIGH HOPES FOR YOU GIRL!"
"UH UH AHH! IM SORRY!" *runs out* Bahaha!

~OMG THE SEX ED TALK HAHA best thing EVER. That was truly amazing and funny RP!! Wow good job explaining to Alicia what a date is guys. Just...great.
"Whats a date guys??"
"Well Alicia a date is-"
"A TYPE OF FRUIT!!"
"Why would you want to spend time with someone with a fruit!?"
Everyone: *Facepalm*

Main Mod was aweomse.
"Wait..ALICIA WHY IN THE WORLD DO YOU HAVE IN IRON BOX!!!?!?!?"
"UM! I DON'T KNOW! CAELVAN JUST GAVE IT TO ME!"
"WELL WHAT ARE YOU STANDING THERE FOR!? GO GET DOORS!"
"AHH! OKOK!" *frantically runs off with AL*
I did actually find one door though! :)
But I also spilled the Baroness's tea.. I SWEAR IT WAS ONLY A LITTLE BIT.
Also "WHO HAS ANY MANACLES?!" * raises hand* "OH I DO!" *pulls out the card* "OH OOPS. THERE MONOCLES! haha"

Then OMG DAT BOTTLE MOD. That was my first time ever doing something like that ever haha! So much fun! That was amazing! Keavy as a wolf was so cute! :cheer:

Unfortunately after the bottle mod I got so very very tired I ended up falling asleep on the couch while talking to Elric (So sorry Ben! <3) Then I was woken up by Reese and Lar , saying things that I can't remember now and almost being carried upstairs by said dragoon and barbarian. Though they put me to bed safe and sound <3

Sunday:

I WAS ASLEEP TILL LAY OFF. haha I was that under the weather :(

This event was just as good as the last one except I got oh so very sick afterwards. Great RP with all my friends and even some new players! And thanks for everyone for teaching me and Dan our healing lessons too they were fantastic!

Can't will till the February event~ <3

IG:
Alicia M. Dura
The Woman in White.
==============
OOG: Raquel Allen
(Rocky)
==============
"Every time it snows, all new designs fall out of the sky. It's a wonder that so much beauty has been wasted. Because when they melt, they are lost...never to be seen again."
Last edit: 30 Jan 2013 15:17 by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Croínamara (Jen)
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
30 Jan 2013 17:04 #26 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic January 2013 Highlights
Despite the cold this was a great event. Too many highlights to list. There was good roleplay, politics, discussions of philosophy, and tiring combat.

From this weekend I took away to majorly noteworthy things, both of which coincidentally involve Sam Roberts yelling these at a future time:

"SPOILS OF WAR!!!"

and

"SUNDAY!!!"

That is all.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erdrick (Erdrick), Croínamara (Jen)
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
30 Jan 2013 22:26 #27 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic January 2013 Highlights
I still haven't quite recovered from the weekend, but nevertheless I felt I had to write something here. Every production, afterall, needs some kind of credit roll. I so greatly appreciate all the compliments, and I therefore have to pass along my gratitude to those that deserve it.

First, sincere thanks to James and the entire Storyteller team for your patience and assistance over the last 4-5 months, as I took over precious time in each and every meeting looking for input in one form or another, be it on codifying the existence of faeries, the nature of demons, or the structure of the Witchhunter Houses to the actual execution of the plotline itself and its various threads. I promise I will stop monopolizing time (at least until spring...). A particular thanks goes out to Michael Smith, who, when a month ago I realized I could not actually marshal two scenes taking place simultaneously in different parts of the field, helped me with the conceptualization and ultimately the execution of the main mod on Saturday night.

Second, and probably most of all, I need to extend my unending gratitude to the amazing cast of NPCs who volunteered to assist me, and who made each of the characters I had written come to life in ways I could never have planned for. Each patiently learned all the immense details I threw at them on their motivations, insights, and special stats, pulled together spectacular costumes, helped me with props and decor, NPC set up and makeup, and kept me sane. I could not have done it without you and I am so lucky to have had your help.

In no particular order:

The Laurent-Belmonts:

JJ Richards (Leilah Laurent-Belmont), who was my first NPC pulled on board and who put so much time and effort into creating a persona that could help make the cult of Laurent-Belmont seem real. You truly helped in so many ways, thank you.

Jen Fiore (Sareena Rowans), who I will forever refer to as the "heart" of my plotline, the reason to care. Even as her first major NPC role, Jen took the idea I had for a young, naive, but capable assistant and ran with it, truly building her into a living, breathing entity. You did magnificently.

Steve Oros (Third Hunter Draegen Laurent-Belmont) gives up time every event for plot purposes, but didn't hesitate to help me breath life into a character that shows the darkside of obsession, a part of the hunter houses I needed to exemplify in any real telling of their function, structure, and make-up.

The Unseelie Court:

Kelly Osborne (Queen Hyporia) was involved from the beginning. When I began codifying faeries within the KR universe, Aaron Brownbridge's Sylph plot became the foundation for what I would work on, and in that case it could not have been done without a return from what was Kelly's very first major NPC role at KR. Kelly pulled together an amazing costume all on her own, and brought to life a character that I think can only live on in infamy.

Emily Anthony (Lady Hythea) never hesitated as I asked her to expand her role exponentially as the plot for the weekend slowly materialized. Not only did she look completely gorgeous and terrifying in her costume, she was even willing to take on the abuse of a main mod boss - Thank you so much!

Dave Morris (Ambassador Jo'noran) came on board relatively last minute to fill a spot, and I could not have been happier both with how he looked, or how he embodied what I think has become my favorite of the roles I wrote for the weekend (even if few got to see him). Seriously, he let me put spirit-gum and yarn in his beard to look like seaweed. Who could ask for more?

The Big Bads:
Alex Blockus (Redcap General Fraye / Raqoztl) was also asked on months ago, as I knew Sam would be occupied and at I knew my own knee may still not be healed enough to play a main mod boss. Alex went above and beyond, both with his flavor text redcap and with our resident demon, and I truly appreciate all his effort and support throughout the weekend.

Sam Roberts (The Father of the Menagerie, Tanith) has been planning to play this lycanthrope since we concieved of him something like 7-8 years ago when we wrote our first plot. I hope you all had fun chasing him around, because you won't have seen the last of him.

I hope you all enjoyed the twists and turns, and all the fights even in the unending cold. Thank you for not letting the weather stop you from participating and having a great time - you are all the reason I love doing this. I have so many highlights from this event, but I think I've taken up enough space. See you all in a few weeks for what is going to be another awesome event!

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Erdrick (Erdrick), Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), geezer (geezer), Capt Locke (Jonathon), Woolsey Bysmor (Osred), Alex (Wormwood), Kelly (Kelly), Croínamara (Jen), Annora (Karen), Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen), Albert (deatharcana)
  • Alex
  • Kingslayer
  • Thank Yous: 206
31 Jan 2013 11:13 #28 by Alex (Wormwood)
Replied by Alex (Wormwood) on topic January 2013 Highlights
This event was a bit of a departure for me, being decidedly less wormwood-centric than my normal experience. That said, I still had a blast. Some highlights:

-Matt M. at the fairie feast. I swear one day i'll play a character that Magnus does not revile.

-The entire bar scene saturday, with special nods to Dave M, Raquel, Keith and Ryan. Shannon, I thought your heart was going to explode. fantastic!

- Jen F, me alegro de que por fin tuvo la oportunidad de hablar un poco de español para su Laurent-Belmont.

-Kelly and Emily as winged nobility. Through both preparation and delivery, each of you mustered brilliant performances. It was a pleasure just being around you.

-Nate, Diane, Danielle, Walter, and David R at the feast saturday. I didnt anticipate that scene being half so satisfying. Each of you contributed in a different way. It was appreciated.

-Main mod was brutal. Special thanks to Goley, Cooper, and Vince for making it intense, and to Danielle for chewing my face off. A shame orias wasnt around to witness such aggression!

-After main mod was brutal. Special thanks to Alice and Jen C for taking care of me. yes, sometimes I steam.

OOG: Alex B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli), Winks Sharpthorn (Winks), Croínamara (Jen), Angeliana (Angeliana), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • THENPC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Assassins Do It From Behind
  • Thank Yous: 126
31 Jan 2013 11:34 #29 by THENPC (THENPC)
Replied by THENPC (THENPC) on topic January 2013 Highlights
-Ain't no battle like a Blockus battle, because a Blockus battle throws DOWN!

-Had a great event thanks to Kristen and everyone she credited, as well as all the hunters old and new. Welcome back Corteccia.

-The Baroness gives me faith that things are likely to improve in town.

-Inverted tower mod, and the DeathWish Slip n' Slide.

-Sergei and I mutually agreeing that whatever it is, it's not gay if you pay a gypsy to do it.

-The Roberts Hunt, even the part where I lost my battle against ice. Protip: "OW, FUCK ME!" is not "Hold"

-Sunday Morning Shiv-Fest.

Adversus Nox Noctis,
Sir Lethias Discretion Nathaniel Peregrin Christopher Wrathchild VonRitter
Knight of Travance
Putting the Shiv in Chivalry Since 1202

Mortem facit omnes aequales, vitam facit omnes fratres
Vince The NPC;
RM, RPM, ST
The following user(s) said Thank You: CC Hahn (Corteccia), Alex (Wormwood)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
31 Jan 2013 11:41 #30 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic January 2013 Highlights

Alex wrote: -After main mod was brutal. Special thanks to Alice and Jen C for taking care of me. yes, sometimes I smoulder.

Fixed that for you.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn), Alex (Wormwood), Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli), Croínamara (Jen), Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.937 seconds