April 2015 Highlights

• Terzak
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Tell me, thief, do you know anything about MAGIC?
  • Thank Yous: 154
19 Apr 2015 17:01 - 20 Apr 2015 13:30 #1 by Terzak (TheArchMage)
April 2015 Highlights was created by Terzak (TheArchMage)
Cake Realms, 4/15

I promise I'll fill this out this time. Anyway...

Saturday Afternoon:
Showing up and hearing so much about Cake Boss, then realizing that everyone was serious.
Making jokes about fighting the aforementioned Cake for main mod.
Sparring of large quantities...

Travance's Celtic Drinking Song (which I will write, possibly based on some deaths this month.) "And dear old Templar Rayven, who left his mace behind, trapped beyond a portal and Encased with Demon Vines!"

Feast was pretty good, and I had never seen garlic left out before.

Main Mod
Realizing that main mod was the new gank shift, due to poor planning.

Hearing about a Beholder and never seeing it.

I realized at that moment that most of the Nightmares were seen more in tabletop games, which was interesting.

I went near death so many times, but I still had only 4 body, so I stuck with healing slaves.

Sunday
Plot NPC shift that did not take too long to get in costume for.

Finding out that:
Liddius was a necromancer
I am a warrior
It takes a few tries to get hit in the **** with a devastating strike
The teacher who taught him that is able to give semi-verbal lessons.(I was expecting to be devastated in the Staff of Fireballs(again!))

Witnessing an attempt to Dissect the Cake's eye, and wondering if it would be made into a necklace of Courage.

All in all, the event was fun, but deadly.

Also, RIP/Missing in Action: Rayven.
He died for our nightmares.

By my hand,
Professor Terzak Winstonshire

OOG: Will Harrington
Last edit: 20 Apr 2015 13:30 by Terzak (TheArchMage).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Matt D (MattD), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Alicia D.
  • Thank Yous: 48
19 Apr 2015 19:00 - 19 Apr 2015 19:03 #2 by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
Replied by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow) on topic April 2015 Highlights
Wow, so this was an amazing return. After two years it's quite fabulous to be back. I shall be returning to Travance again in the coming months!

Friday:

So really I have to give the biggest shout out to Ben Herman as Verill, dude thank you so much for the opening and making me feel comforatble back again at camp. I couldn't have done this without you!

Coming in as Alicia thougha green-time-portal-thing was AWESOME. I mean Alicia doesn't know how- or why. But YES!

I also had alot of fun uncortolably passing out all weekend! HORRAY FOR SLEEP SICKNESS!

Having to deal with 2 years in nightmare sleep-coma and me/Alicia seeing everyone again was really awesome.
She's not so sweet and squishy anymore..

Saturday:

Waking up and having a grand old time conversing with everyone at the market as well as connecting with old friends!

NPC: ORGERS! GOBBLINS! GRAH!

To meet the cast and crew from cake boss was awesome Buddy is such nice guy! He thought I looked nice! :blush:
The cake was great and this is from a woman who hardly ever eats any!

Feast was fun! Eating and conencting with more people in game :D

Main Mod:

So, I have to say in all the time I've been Larping now never have I felt like such a bad ass. Alicia chose not to follow any of the lands and went ahead- she met up with the Count on her way past Alensandria. They started talking about how they need to get people better orgainized to fight the right beast. "We must cut the head off the snake"

Suddenly Both Alicia and the Count were attacked by a freaking HUGEEEEEE nightmare army (I'm taling about like 16-24 people yo!) And Alicia fought back to back the the Count and was his support. Alicia even got to fly to safety with him! AHH SO AWESOME! The Count and Alcia both helped everyone to find where the real danger was.
Never have I or Alicia ever felt like such a major badass before.

Thank you so much James that was literally the coolest thing ever.

After mod:

Breaking Biron (and Eddies) heart allllll over again >:) :evil:

Dancing with the Handsome shirtless Gypsy! He even made her blush! hehe! :P

Cooking with Damian was so much fun!

and bed time talks! :D

I was out quick on Sunday so I'm sorry if I missed any of you and didnt get a chance to say good bye! Thanks for the warm welcome back, I was so happy to see alot of my old friends! Catch you at the WiTL!

IG:
Alicia M. Dura
The Woman in White.
==============
OOG: Raquel Allen
(Rocky)
==============
"Every time it snows, all new designs fall out of the sky. It's a wonder that so much beauty has been wasted. Because when they melt, they are lost...never to be seen again."
Last edit: 19 Apr 2015 19:03 by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Dorn (Aradiel), Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
19 Apr 2015 22:07 #3 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic April 2015 Highlights
First event out with the new character. Gunnar was apparently well received and I had a blast. I am very happy with how it all worked out and cannot wait to return with him at future events!

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Dorn (Aradiel), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Albert (deatharcana), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
19 Apr 2015 22:20 - 20 Apr 2015 12:22 #4 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic April 2015 Highlights
So, the start of this event I was going through Ilana's treasure chest which has all her various notes over the course of her time in Travance and also several baubles and things she keeps for people she wishes to see again. I was trying to clean it out before hand and when I even thought I'd never see those people again or 'this would never come up', I kept them in there, just because I wanted to have a bit of hope they'd show up again. I guess Ilana had a birthday wish come true?

Friday Night:
So many new players! So many people I knew too! I was really happy to see everyone again!

-Missed Omni >< But, I heard the reaction was wise (RUN!)
-Alander returning and finally being able to give him a gift.
-Ilana's matchmaker tutting her again about her lack of confidence in being a person
-Insect King really liked Ilana. She did not approve.\
-Tari, the spider cloak, and her fire pony.
-George apparently got cursed with madness awhile ago and he finally dropped and rose up killing everything... Ib and Ilana run away Ib: "Can you meld with earth!?" Ilana: "..Yes? Yes!" Ib: "Then why are we running!" *poof* Ilana: "Oh!" *poof* Proof Ilana rarely runs.
-By the time bed could happen... there wasn't any point. The sun was up and I was slightly miserable.

Saturday:
-But, decided to make the best of it and holed up in the outside altar space. Best idea ever!
-Picnics and understandings
-Maralas' Mass
-Kwildar~ Best uncle!
-Keeping a promise and making someone a bit angry because of it, but it working out because then Chaos Orbs showed up and Ilana remembered how to take care of them. Also demons.
-Cake Boss!
-Explaining how nightmares work. Croi and Ilana teaming up to try and get the town to listen (And losing horribly at the herding cats game in the end. Sorry Croi, we certainly tried :/)
-Ilana: "This... is the Axe of Uelrog." "o.o What?" Never got old.
-Friend tried killing Ilana like three times this month because of assortment of possessions? All the syringes in your future, I swear *shakes fist* (<3)
-"...How many insanities do you have now!?" Being friends with Dreadnaughts is slightly stressful to Ilana on a level she can't explain properly. Walking time bombs (is this how people feel about unstable wildmages? Oh chaos, you're a wonderful terrible friend)
-Ilana kind of wants to be friends with the Planeswalker and wishes she had been around for the 'talking' part of the conversation. P.S. The costume for that looked great.
-Almost going on two mods at once. Told to keep the Lantern safe and then almost going through a Pendarvin portal to fight Surtur. "I think.. the Planeswalker'll follow us to Pendarvin if I do this. Also, Vincent will kill me." (I think I was right too. Really bummed about missing out)
-Wildmage Family <3
-He did what! Why did you let him keep it in the first place!
-Be a hero, not a tool.
-Sleeping!

Sunday:
...Waking up four hours later
Tea and breakfast.
Nature spirit? (Mars knows)
Jaxuarians?!
Xilhinthax!!
Those poor undead.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 20 Apr 2015 12:22 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood). Reason: Brain waking up and remembering more
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Tyros (Tyros), Croínamara (Jen), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Terzak (TheArchMage)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
19 Apr 2015 23:01 #5 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic April 2015 Highlights
"So how much do I have to bribe you to get a poison writ?" Dr Alexander Heimdall to the high Surgeon of Travance

Let's start from the beginning:

Holy smokes first thing the nightmare of OMni was great.

Grim throwing aside his very sword to actually good pick up and carry and run at full speed with someone he cares about after that initial shock was great.

Pluvious and Grim doing ninja gangsta stuff. Grim seeing a different side of Sylus Krone.

Dinnerdark and grim telling stories about his life and the ways of the northmen.

Grim dying to a thing that carries off great heroes into the arms of galmachis.

Caldor has the most pestering manner of giving focus walks ever. They had a family argument in the middle of the veils because they're both stubborn jerks.

Grimkjell and Croinmara had a wonderful dynamic this game, their personal and plot based stories crisscrossed in beautiful ways all through the night, culminating in a realization at 6 AM when I woke up that Croi's weeping about carrying the swords of dead friends was a reference to her carrying the sword of not just the Dream Knight but Grimkjell himself.

Wearing lighter clothing and realizing how fast I could move and fight. I was bloodborne dodging and countering.

Stabbing Jen Eff to death in front of Josh Heeder was also magical.

Getting two out of game compliments from Charles SPiegel was also a huge highlight. And another one from Matt M, and getting two 1 v 1 fights vs. him this event was wonderful. Grim vs. The Lord of Nightmares was basically Luke vs. Vader twice over. I even got to yell "I'LL NEVER JOIN YOU." It was pretty glorious stuff,

Steve did a fantastic job, let me re-iterate. Much thanks for the nod to the Heargen Clan with Vignar showing up.

The bards singing beautifully as Grim considered stabbing them all post main mod was great.

All in all, St Astrid's day Massacre was a thing of wonder.

The soundtrack to this game was the protomen act 1 in all its glory, and Grim's death was absolutely played out to Hope Rides alone for reasons that are obvious to anyone who was in the scene and knows the protos. Steven I am looking at you. And grim's revenge at main mod was a thing of brutal beauty.
Jen singing a song as croi to Steve as the Dream Knight, with Grim kneeling, choked by emotion. I'm not a guy who's big into the overtly emotional aspect of roleplay, but the sheer power of the event overall had grim's tin man armor and furnace-like heart of rage shatter, and he actually was a human being instead of a killing machine impelled to do good
Norm making me an offer I can't refuse.
Grim becoming a sword saint. Because Kensai is for people who wear fancy silks, grim's just the tempest of inward focus and rage.
Grim teaching a marauder skill to Tork, and almost getting Annora killed before demonstrating just what level of beatdown he can unleash to calm one of his own down. It might JUST have been revenge for friday night :E.
Oh dear god the auction. I'm probably forgetting stuff, this is only the first wave. Prepare for more.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Croínamara (Jen), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Mirwen Silverbow
  • Shadows and darkness are not to be feared. As with any other tool, it is the will of the wielder that does evil or good.
  • Thank Yous: 85
19 Apr 2015 23:05 #6 by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen)
Replied by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen) on topic April 2015 Highlights
After my month off and explaining to work that technically KR is a second job, I've negotiated having some weekend time off!! Yay!! (Thank you, Logistics/New Player 'coworkers' :P )
I loved finally having a month where it was warm. And I got to wear my new costume pieces! It doesn't take much to make me happy, all I need is pretty dresses.

All OOG insanity aside, it was a great weekend. In order, as best as I can remember...

Friday:
New players, lots of them!! I hope you guys all had fun, you all looked amazing and seemed super excited for game! I hope we didn't disappoint.

I was telling someone about the '3-2-1 screaming infected peasants from every door' mod just before the lay-on was called...only for '3-2-1 BEHOLDER!' to happen. Well, now I have two stories for the most eventful start to game.

Running into said Beholder, getting Enslaved, having Albert try to drag me away, having him run after it tried to disintegrate him, and turning to join the beholder only to be dropped...I heard from down the path Albert telling people I needed help, some saying it was hopeless if the beholder had me, and others yelling back that I was their Lady and they weren't going to leave me. Nothing has made me happier than hearing that my vassals care about me <3 My thanks also to the Seneschal for creeping up after the beholder passed and saving me!

Kaladonia Mod, Part 1 behind logistics with Matt Calo's NPC and Keavy. It's not often I get to be childish-creepy, but giggling and swaying and swishing my skirts and making rangers into Hex Blights and doing horrible dark druidic rituals is a lot of fun.

Trying to go to bed.
Trying.
F&$#ing gelatinous cubes.

Saturday:
Kaladonia Mod Part Two: Druidic Boogaloo
Having no less than four people basically calling JFR on me. Whee, close friendships and physical roleplay!!
The Harry Potter reference that could have been.
Turning more rangers into Hex Blights.
Poisoning all the elves.
RP with Caldor as he tried to purify the Corrupted Grove.
Being pounced on by Keavy.
Later, watching Calvin and Cormac actually wrestling.
Well, at least they have plans to go back and restore the land. :)

Changing into Mirwen, hanging around a bit, and then of course Cake Boss happening.
I still kind of can't believe what they managed to make in three days, out of cake and sugar.

Fighting back to back with Anhil, of all people when the goblins attacked, and having Albert swear to protect me after 'abandoning' me Friday <3 Dan, I always love the way you are so committed to your purpose, and to atoning when you feel you haven't served it properly.

Magical Walls: for stopping even the most bloodthirsty Hobgoblins! It's only in times of stress that you get a true measure of the strength of your shoulder.

Pendarvin has a Knight now, and new vassals! I'm so happy.

Turning Sean into a mummy (again.) I really wish I'd have taken some pictures of my bath tub after I tea-stained a bed sheet to make his wraps.

All of the lessons. Saturday was an evening of learning, and avoiding main mod like the plague.
Out-punning Tsoli during my lessons was a good way to end the night.

Sunday, by contrast, was a day of teaching. All of a sudden everybody wants to be a Warlock. Hmmm....
Meeting some Jaxuarians. Deciding to follow the Jaxuarians. Welp, Mirwen can tick another box off the 'can now go there whenever I please' list, as well as some more lores!
Watching a Bedouin marvel at a jungle, after growing up in a desert and vowing to learn druidics to help things grow in the desert. Simple things, and wonderful rp.

I'm sure there were other wonderful things, but it is late and I am tired. Thanks to everyone for a great event.

Lady Mirwen Silverbow of Pendarvin
Master of the Mage's Guild
Mage's Guild Scribe

[IMG

Christine B
New Player Marshal
Logistics Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Croínamara (Jen), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Albert (deatharcana), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Aysel (smgoebler)
  • Simon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 125
19 Apr 2015 23:29 #7 by Simon (BigZ)
Replied by Simon (BigZ) on topic April 2015 Highlights
Best highlight is being sore enough to barely walk. The constant flurry of activity of Friday night was fantastic.
Hats off to all the nightmares for scaring people and putting the fear of night back in them!

OOG: Nick H.
-Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Narcis (ChrisR), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Arden
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • The ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of time.
  • Thank Yous: 163
19 Apr 2015 23:50 - 19 Apr 2015 23:51 #8 by Arden (Shelby)
Replied by Arden (Shelby) on topic April 2015 Highlights
Three big highlights of the event, because overall it was damn incredible and the whole thing was memorable and amazing.

A ) Every single new player was incredibly impressive this month, oh man.
B ) Fighting Sean as the Rotted Guardian with Belegchand's shield and a copper sword, made with hope and love.
C ) Ralph, Jeremy, and other visitors we haven't seen in a while!

To add to that, Cake Boss was awesome and the griffin was delicious!

OOG: Shelby M Briar [She/They]
Last edit: 19 Apr 2015 23:51 by Arden (Shelby).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Croínamara (Jen), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
19 Apr 2015 23:56 - 20 Apr 2015 00:01 #9 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic April 2015 Highlights
Oh yeah Dame Arden buying Magnus for grim without his knowledge was particularly hilarious.

Also the other guards saying, "I hope the Lieutenant doesn't hear about this!"
as I'm walking up to them and they're all just, "Oh no!" as I greet them with a "Hear's about what?"

Grim still have impeccable timing.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
Last edit: 20 Apr 2015 00:01 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
20 Apr 2015 01:07 #10 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic April 2015 Highlights
The winter has passed...... And a long one it was. So! Oh geez guys! After taking the winter off from KR I came back and with a vengeance. Post KR soreness, post KR sunburn, post KR voice loss! And I love every single second of the soreness, voice loss, and sunburn cause that means we kicked some butt this event!!!

Alright so! Friday!: Running around from the floating head was neat, so was fighting all the other Nightmares on the first night. Jack had ducked into Yaya's tent thinking he was reaaaaaaaaal sneaky like. He done got paralyzed. Next up was dying again. Yea.... dying sucks, but being resurrected by Tobias was awesome! Thank you so much guys! Tobias you were great at going with how Jack came out of death.

Saturday!: I woke up to breakfast, (Thank you Charlie) Helped some new townsfolk with their fighting styles, and did a vassalage ceremony in Pendarvin where I got to put a mark of heritage on Clytie's head as well as Parker's! It was then on to NPC shift which due to cake boss was like..... 2 hours long. I have a new lewd coined term for when anyone with the last name Silverbow shows up to a battlefield. Ummmm The orge fight at the Inn was awesome!!! So much fun rp!

Now going into main mod as I didn't part take in the feast due to some issues, I was feeling a little low. Well, really low. But brotherhood (And sisterhood... I guess? Um I don't know! Gah!) Of Pendarvin lifted my spirits up enough to go off to fight the Lord of Knightmares. We might not have taken him down, but we laid down a smackdown unlike anyone has ever seen on that Magnus looking guy!

After main mod was sleep.

Sunday!: It was a lax day. I had to leave early so it was hurry up and do stuff, and I did some stuff. Talks with Jonas Kane over cake and strange potions was great. Ummmmmm a lot of bsing around. Waking up Wulfgar. All in all great event. I miss you guys already.

Til Week in the life.

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Tobias (Tobias)
20 Apr 2015 02:06 - 20 Apr 2015 14:01 #11 by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
Replied by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample) on topic April 2015 Highlights
Having my first event was definitely a highlight for me~ I had been hearing a lot from my friend Austin (IG: Corvus, also not my friend IG) about this, and I most assuredly agree with the positives he said.

While Chenjing didn't understand masses one bit, I definitely enjoyed them!

The spatial disorientation NPCing at Main Mod really wasn't pleasant, though.

(Added in my "activities" section of my recap in a later post - mostly IG, too!)

[hr]

OOG: DJ (She/her)
Last edit: 20 Apr 2015 14:01 by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Wren
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 148
20 Apr 2015 03:16 #12 by Wren (Wren)
Replied by Wren (Wren) on topic April 2015 Highlights
I had a blast at this event and am excited for the May one to see everyone again.

After being away for about 5 years it was so nice to come back and see a bunch of my old friends again, and get to meet some awesome new people as well. I got to have a new perspective on the town since I retired my old character (Cael, who was a satyr healer) and brought in my new Coast Havener. It was a blast re-meeting some older characters in game and getting to meet all the newer towns members for the first time. The Rp I had with everyone; old friends and new was great and I thoroughly enjoyed just hanging out with everyone IG getting to know everyone.

Some of my favorites in no particular order were:

- dodging almost all the fights
- interacting with everyone who called my group pirates, We're Naval Merchants!
- being welcomed to stay in the Kaladonia area, with promises of protection and food, nicest hosts you could ever wish for
- all the discussions of Necromancy, and other poor life choices
- all the RP at the bar, or with the bards
- the cake (obviously)
- coming into the event with a group of friends who worked on a ships crew together and by the end adding newly made friends to that crew, Welcome to the New Haven Mateys!

- Sir Wrenton Revlis of Albriar, The Knight of Wands.
Steward of Sagewood
Headmaster of Darkwood Academy

O.O.G. Adam D. (Marshal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
20 Apr 2015 03:32 - 20 Apr 2015 21:30 #13 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic April 2015 Highlights
3... 2... 1... Lay-On--the ground! More than any event in recent history, I was out cold, especially on Friday night when NPCs picked up my body and brandished it before the window of the Pendarvin statehouse. To laughter. Thanks, guys. :3

Catching up to Clytie walking alone and accompanying her to Pendarvin. She got away, I think. I didn't. Getting inside and having a chat while one threat was replaced by another. A box of Jell-O. Err...

Hearing that Lidius got eaten. Bumping into Dr. DeMontfort and having him note the irony of a halfling's cause of death was being eaten.

Meanwhile, Jonas Kane made jokes--worse than mine, which is saying something--and repeatedly claimed that Clytie had died, leading me to cast an Andorran paryer--Mercy--on Jonas.

"What does that do?"
"It gives you a feeling of being merciful, meaning you'll tell better jokes."

Alicia's return. I notice Biron in the corner of the Inn having a chat and after not seeing him for a while, I walk over. Double-take at Alicia, overcome with shock, and I drop an empty wine glass on the floor before she greets me with a hug.

Sitting in the Inn watching Trent and 'Creepy Bard' perform songs. For one of them, they asked for a female volunteer, but only to hold her hand while they sang something incredibly bawdy. I was sitting next to Clytie, who quietly applied a "Scorching Touch" to herself.

Saturday afternoon, I catch Magnus behind the Inn and he tells Nalick that "we need to have a talk" and "Let's go for a walk, buddy."

Gulp.

Magnus and Nalick circle the Proper while having an important discussion, me fearing every word said and spoken. However, it ended even better than I had hoped!

Nervously singing a song to Eevie. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Speaking of singing, my throat was scratchy all weekend. Regardless, one moment I enjoyed was during Main Mod, when Croinomara guided me through a Fanfare of the Turning Tide. I flubbed so many times.

"Louder."
*Starts singing*
"LOUDER!"

At the Bachelor Auction, Aella/Cookie Tree narrowly outbid Haroldson for yours truly. 135 gold, going once, going twice, sold. Haroldson made a deal with her, though, that she would share me with the ladies of Pendarvin, whatever that means.

Late Friday/early Saturday morning, escorting Tari down to the Mage's Guild. More accusations of this Andorran cleric actually being the god of mayhem. xD

I gave a singing lesson to a noble! Norm, keep practicing. That technique made a marked improvement in my own singing and I hope to teach you more soon!

Kwildar's visit, especially when he asked me why I wasn't wearing the Andorran holy symbol.

"Well, I misplaced my rose and--"

Kwildar removes his amulet and tries to place it on me.

"If you're trying to get that around my head, you're going to need one of St. Astrid's miracles!"

I was able to wear it eventually, but the gesture blew me away.

Waking up Sunday, thinking I was late for breakfast. Technically, I was, but Haroldson still made it for me. I had the gold for it too, but it was in the bank. All of the sudden, Zelretch hands me more than enough for breakfast and I'm able to pay. Heartwarming.

The Bedouin NPC on Friday night who was looking for his blind friend and having to figure out what he was saying by his gestures and drawings. Excellent RP.

On a related note, running into Dame Emiline on the battlefield at Main Mod. Both of her legs were broken and her tongue was cut out.

"HMMM! HMMM!"

She gestured toward her shield near her and after I brought it over to her, she took a scroll off of it with her teeth. It was the wrong one, but still, come on. After a couple of tries, I found her scroll of Divine Restoration and read it for her.

Happy Anniversary, Knight Realms! The cake was beautiful and delicious, and made for a great pun on Sunday afternoon.

(The gryphon is the symbol for Kaladonia)

Gilthu: "I ate the heart of a griffin... and it was made of SUGAR!"
Father Elric: "I suppose you could say this explains the disposition of Kaladonia. I guess you could say they're... sweethearts."

See you guys next month!

Last edit: 20 Apr 2015 21:30 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Croínamara (Jen), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
20 Apr 2015 06:24 #14 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic April 2015 Highlights
321 beholder run. Herding cats wait cattle wait...split off run again. Find others. Go... Stealth mode.
Bugs. Why fud it have to ve bugs. Enclosed spaces. On the stairs. Too mych time. Dead... Dead dead dead reanimated and insanities. Hello friday.

Sat dawns. Daymares? Um ok. Npc for a friend. Yes i can shoot a bow and we happen to have one. Run for kitchen took two hours. Never go to costco on a saturday guys! Never. Ok back in game. Insanities. Have you seen a doc?

Cake boss and crew. Awesome people. Come play with us!

Back in game. I'll stay here guard the focus... The overly charged glowing brightly phocus.

These particular Insanes isnt good. Boy im glad i recruited a few... Since the Count took the few that were behind off with him and the Demon Lord of Air stopped in for a visit. Distract wrap around lead into barracks and defenses. Get everyone back up. Wait watch guard...see people coming through... Lovely.

Then i had to leave. Im sorry to all those who had unfinished business but leaving was critical.

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Tsoli
  • Life is simple, but we insist on making it complex
  • Thank Yous: 63
20 Apr 2015 08:06 #15 by Tsoli (Tsoli)
Replied by Tsoli (Tsoli) on topic April 2015 Highlights
Very solid event! Had a blast guys
321 Beholder... RUUUUUN. Ducked into the black bird and Whew.
Crunchies
Facepalming so hard at my mod i sent out. Sigh oh Crunchies.
Tari coming back YAY, her saying what have you done to my guild when she got back, gulp!
Got back from Saturday Morning work in time for cake boss! omnomnom
Talks with Thalia
Talks with Jack
Fighting the giant Orc outside of the Inn.
"tosses sword in air, Wand cast tsunami, catches sword" Matt calo, you can't wand cast with weapon in hand, everyone around me who saw the stunt, NOPE he threw the sword in the air to do it. Calo seeing me do it again, the look on your face was priceless Matt. Everyone else around, thanks for making me feel like a badass!
sorrynotsorry to all of the NPCs i Tsunami.
Feast was delicious and balanced! A+ Sharone!
I <3 my cleanup crew! I stay alive so much more this way lol.
Reminding Mirwen that you need the basics without the want to have an established foundation for magic and that while we are both sorcerers and quinarians, it does not excuse us from the basics.
After reminding her about that, taking it easier on the puns to reassure her self confidence.
Opening my 6th sphere.
Lessons a lot of the night, I taught more than 35 build in lessons for people in one night. Was a good night, i really enjoy teaching.
.... REALLY STUPID
The amazing feeling of much needed sleep.
Talks with Tari Early morning, oh Tari... you're official the mage version of Magnus
A stroke of utter genius when talking to Jack again this morning, and the AH HA! moment that was months in the works.
great game everyone see you the next time!

T'soli Silverbow of House Silverbow

If we call for the proof and we question the answers,
Only the doubt will grow

OOG: Bill Friederich - Live while you Live
Kitchen Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Aria (Aria), Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Angry (Angryman86)
  • Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
20 Apr 2015 09:15 #16 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic April 2015 Highlights
Things I forgot to add:

Speaking with Nalick and Grandma and Grandfather Kwildar.

My first successful Incap!!!!!!

Slapping an Imp.

The war painted up Barb women. Sammy, you did good!

Being the first one to be on scene for the death of Templar Rayven. I watched it all happen..... and Jack was powerless to stop it.

I heard Steve was going for a Dark Souls esque feeling to the event, so what did I do? I was evade rolling during main mod.

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Magnus (hippy g0th), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • LStarling
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Cursed Healer
  • Thank Yous: 20
20 Apr 2015 10:02 #17 by LStarling (Kwildar)
Replied by LStarling (Kwildar) on topic April 2015 Highlights
Four quick Highlights, that truly made my time NPCing as Kwildar.

Kwildar at Alisandria, and the interaction with Syllus and Marcus. Eric and Goose, thank you guys -- and everyone else present -- so much for that, I may not have showed it externally, and Celestial Kwildar was more or less just annoyed and walked off, but I was laughing so hard inside. :-)

Kwildar watching the bachelor auction, and informing the audience that Andorra thought Lathiel Silverbow was a 'sexy man'. Nick, you're a great sport.

Also while watching the bachelor auction, and Kwildar idly massaging Nadya's shoulders, and a young gentleman who Kwildar had never met before, and who obviously didn't know who Kwildar was interrupting this to ask for the next massage, and offering to pay. Kwildar gladly accepted at no charge, and as he started on a knot in the man's neck, the man blurted out, "You sir, have the hands of a goddess!" ... to which Kwildar responded, "Well, actually...."

Bar mass as Kwildar, and talking about his otherside comrade's deeds, and ending it with, "Don't ask me what miracles they canonized me for. I didn't write that book!"

--
Lawrence Starling -- IG
"Really, bee! I don't smell flower-y!"
Malcolm Mallardi -- OOG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Croínamara (Jen), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Vance
  • Thank Yous: 4
20 Apr 2015 10:32 #18 by Vance (Cory R)
Replied by Vance (Cory R) on topic April 2015 Highlights
Hey guys, this was my first event at KR, and wow, what a welcome I had. I came in as one of the Merchant Navy group, and the amount of care shown to the New Players far exceeded anything I had expected, or previously experienced at a LARP. As a Larper of 6 years, who has been through 4 previous "First Events," I must say that 99.8% of you went above and beyond to help with anything you possibly could, and that includes both staff and player base. Bravo to all of you, and thank you. Now, without further ado, and in no particular order:

- Showing up in the town to immediately find out there was a Beholder running rampage. Definitely an "Oh S***" moment
- Being welcomed in to the lands by our most generous Lord and Lady of Kaladonia
- Krunchies :pinch:
- Partying in the inn, all day, all night
- Having awesome times at the bar, both during mods, and away from them
- The fantastic bar swindle with Steve Amore and his NPC partner. Thank you both for that, it was great fun
- Taking the first bite of the delicious chicken and having my mouth explode with flavor. I realized I hadn't eaten in almost a day and a half, which made it -that much better-.
- The Cake Boss event was really awesome, and it was really neat to meet everyone involved in the show and shake hands with the Big Guy
- - Again with the cake, "OMG! Rice Crispies!"
- Seeing old friends is always amazing, and meeting new ones is just as fulfilling. Thank you to everyone new, and old in life that I got to see again.

- And finally, once more, thank you so much for how kind and welcoming you all were. You were all so helpful and wonderful, and I can't wait to see you all again, and create new memories.

Thank you! See you all in May!

Vance Fordell
Merchant Navy of Coast Haven
Boatswain of the 'New Haven'
(OOC: Cory R)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Kardin
  • The Blackjaw
  • Thank Yous: 121
20 Apr 2015 10:39 #19 by Kardin (Ben)
Replied by Kardin (Ben) on topic April 2015 Highlights
Such stupidly amazing amounts of fun. This was Kardin's second time in Travance, and it was filled with so much adventure and awesome people. The RP this time around was quite possibly the greatest part of all.

Friday
-Performed an original song about Travance and was immediately requested politely/frantically demanded by Croínamara to perform at feast.
-Learned why Satyr's Wine is considered a poison by the Baronry AFTER giving consent to a glass (because why not? I guess). Vowed to never drink again.
-Convinced by the bartender to have an ale (note to self, learn Willpower)
-Attempted to fall asleep. After someone sleeping in the same room had insects lay eggs in their chest cavity and force them to go insane before dying, decided to set up a watch and talked to a newcomer to Travance for most of the night.

Saturday
-Performed at my song at feast and was happy about the reception. Money being thrown at my feet was definately a bonus.
-Joined up with Pendarvin to fight the Nightmare King
-After the Nightmare debacle, wrote another song for Croínamara to help her stop blaming herself and find hope again.
-Listened to her original song "Magnus Punched a Tree with his Face. Sang along and almost died laughing.

Sunday
-Attended first meeting in the Druid's Enclave, learned about the Red Rage and the recent problems in the wildlands.
-Started the three month trial period working for the Baronial Guard.
Not much happened after that, but I'm definately coming back to Travance next time! 11/10

Kardin Armister of the Hiolangorn || Shield of the North
Vassal to Lord Aleister Tartaros of Drega'mire
Iron Centurion of Palindor

============
OOG:
Ben F.
============
"Never get discouraged. People may punish you for every good thing you'll ever do, but you only fail if they get you to stop. Your actions can mend a heart, save a Light, or topple the mightiest foe."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Croínamara (Jen), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Kardin
  • The Blackjaw
  • Thank Yous: 121
20 Apr 2015 10:44 #20 by Kardin (Ben)
Replied by Kardin (Ben) on topic April 2015 Highlights
Oh that's right... I also versed Edwin at chess while NPCing as a hunter demon. So for all those who asked, the answer is yes. You DID see a demon playing chess in the Dragon's Claw for Edwin's soul. Still lost miserably and had my horns chopped off. Like I said though, RPing was possibly the best part this time around.

Kardin Armister of the Hiolangorn || Shield of the North
Vassal to Lord Aleister Tartaros of Drega'mire
Iron Centurion of Palindor

============
OOG:
Ben F.
============
"Never get discouraged. People may punish you for every good thing you'll ever do, but you only fail if they get you to stop. Your actions can mend a heart, save a Light, or topple the mightiest foe."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), geezer (geezer), Croínamara (Jen)
  • Angry
  • Thank Yous: 131
20 Apr 2015 10:45 #21 by Angry (Angryman86)
Replied by Angry (Angryman86) on topic April 2015 Highlights
Let's see...

Friday NPC shift, black oozing scaring the daylight out of many small groups even though our numbers were small, messing with people in a protective bubble by being ooze.

Finally got to craft things for me.

Speaking of crafting, helping Edmund with a few orders to watch something strange happen. Then to be in our protective bubble yelling at NPC's having a good old time.

Cake Boss break

Finished my first lesson of master warrior by using the power of my mind!

Feast, very good, glad to have helped.
Feast clean up, fun as always being a henchman.

Hear the yelling and fighting of main mod as we walk towards after we were reassigned by the count.
Cue the fighting and go go combat repairs.

Sunday, milling around and packing up.

See yall in May

Father Angrin McCoy, Baronial Quartermaster
  • Angry
20 Apr 2015 11:10 #22 by Angry (Angryman86)
Smithing in the barracks, smithing in the the rank 4 forge bubble, smithing at main mod time, when you know field repair, you can be smithing anytime!

And also, Sorry Peaches I got ya good.

and I forgot the cool down chill at the porch with Cooper, Ricky and Alex, and an every now and then pop out the window Christine.

• Tyros
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 73
20 Apr 2015 11:10 #23 by Tyros (Tyros)
Replied by Tyros (Tyros) on topic April 2015 Highlights
Great event! Glad to see several old friends.

Friday:
Getting the explanation of the flood light skill in a fairly vague way right before lay-on and then realizing it was for a the Beholder nightmare that popped out immediately afterward.
Going out to the Graveyard area twice this event and trying to be helpful when dealing with some of the nightmares.
Asking Tari why she wasn't cooked more evenly.
Exploding Imps!
Curse of Madness saving my life and working out surprisingly well.
Staying up all night and getting some hang out time with Ilana and Billiam.

Saturday:
Picnic time
Chaos Orbs are great. I want one.
Trying to deal with several of the nightmares with varying degrees of success.
Lighting a mummy on fire often during main mod.
Getting dangerously close to dying during main mod.
Fun times at the phocus as an NPC for a brief while.

Sunday:
Watching lessons and listening to Karkat be an annoyance during those lessons.
Seeing the Jaxuarians come into town.

(JP)
Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
20 Apr 2015 11:57 #24 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic April 2015 Highlights
An awesome event, all around. Kudos to the entire Knight Realms family for making it great!

Friday night thought process - "Why is Steve calling Lay On? Usually, James does. The last time someone else other than James called it, it was Judge and the screaming peasants. This does not bode... ACK!"

Poking my head in the Inn at 11:30 on Friday Night, and it was EMPTY. I was literally the only person in there for about 2 minutes.

Kalamod, part 1. Knowing that Matt Calo's NPC was going to be a distraction to the main goal of the mod. Zach, you've picked an A+ cast of villains we love to hate.

Getting to bed at 4:00 AM on Friday night. Despite being an old grump and saying I wanted to get some sleep this event, I was having too much fun to actually do it.

Saturday - Kalamod, part 2. Fearing we were in a no-win meatgrinder, only to be pleasantly surprised when we took down Cormac McStupidpants. Slogging out of the mod to see the book getting destroyed, and thinking "That's going to bite us in the butt." Oh, how I underestimated myself...

CAKE BOSS! I don't think I need to say anything more about that.

While waiting for Cake Mod to happen... having time to sit down and knock out 4 Druid Lessons (for me, for once) in rapid succession.

Feast was nummy! Thank you, Sharone!

RM'ed Main Mod. Tried to pick up a bunch of water bottles from outside and bring them in so no one would break them... and I dropped one. Whoops.

Post Main Mod - RP with Utgard & others. Which lead to Kalamod Part 2, Part 2. An amazing setup and quick execution by Zach and NPCs.

Getting to bed at 3:00 AM, when Diane pointed out I needed to be asleep despite not being tired. Got into bed, put my head down, and BLAM - out like a light for 6 hours.

Sunday - Hearing the phrase "Gideon Syndrome" - not being able to focus on one task for more than 5 minutes due to everyone asking me stuff.

Talks of installing a Baking Oven in our Artificer's Forges.

Looking forward to May & WITL!

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Maralas
  • Thank Yous: 124
20 Apr 2015 12:13 - 20 Apr 2015 23:20 #25 by Maralas (adamdrew3)
Replied by Maralas (adamdrew3) on topic April 2015 Highlights
This was a pretty great event for me. Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make the magic happen.

Friday night: Getting dominated by the beholder to kill my friends . . . um, how do I do that? Maralas started running around saying, "Help me, I need to kill people and I don't have any weapons or know how to use them. I need to kill people!" See, this is why she is not a fighter! :) Favorite response: "Let's go over here to Nalick who will help you kill things by making your mind better." Thanks, for helping me out!

Then we ran around trying to avoid the beholder while Maralas was a bit freaked out about having wanted to kill people. She felt a little out of sorts because she was being treated like a noble. Thanks to Albert, Pluvious, and Donald (the celt guard) who took charge of my safety.

Got to Midnight mass late but just in time to hear Chaplain Aldric speak eloquently about love. Seriously, it was pretty great! Having Caldor re-baptize Maralas because she felt horrible about wanting to kill people. Then having some amazing RP with Thalia! I loves you! I felt like I earned my title of priest for that chat.

Saturday: Morning mass at the Monastery Annex was cool. I was pleasantly surprised that so many people showed up. I love the new space and I hope we can keep it as additional holy space in the game.

Market faire: I felt like I never actually sat down. I made one potion then went to chat with someone, walked out of the Inn and straight into Kwildar's arms! Best hugs! I don't even remember who he was talking with, just that I cut in for hugs. Then I showed Gunnar around a little and headed back to Market faire. Gosh, I chatted with a ton of people.

The Bachelor Auction was fun to witness!

Bar mass with Aldric and Kwildar was great. There were a lot of wonderful questions and cookies, too. Father Paul, I expect you to do a kitchen mass in the future ;) Thanks for the fun RP, Paul.

Then, in the middle of my LM shift, it was time for cake. Wow!!!! What a super impressive thing!! It tasted really good, too.

Feast was good. The food was tasty and on time. I am finally feeling comfortable doing benediction before feast.

I made it to the Chronicler Mass. That was really cool. I hope to attend more in the future. Thank you for making me feel welcome.

After that I went back to the Inn. I got to talk to Father Roland (?) and had the coolest conversation about how Galladelian prayers work. That was super awesome!!! Later, I spent time hanging out and chatting and then the bards began to play. I had a wonderful time sitting and listening, it was a beautiful counter point to all the crazy stuff that was going on. Much love to all who sang and played!

Sunday: I learned and taught a few lessons and then it was time to go. I had such great time seeing my friends and making new ones. There were so many great RP moments. I chatted with many people about Gaia and alchemy and all kinds of fun things. Big thanks to all my friends! Also Winterdark! How sexy you have become! Thanks to all who worked so hard to make it a beautiful space. Much love.

Thanks again to all the marshalls and staff for all the hard work. I had an amazing time form start to finish!

Maralas Silverstream
High Priestess of Gaia
Alchemist

OOG: Rebecca Hines

Logistics Marshal
Last edit: 20 Apr 2015 23:20 by Maralas (adamdrew3).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042), Albert (deatharcana), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Amilia Tolunda
  • Artist, Writer, Gamer
  • Thank Yous: 97
20 Apr 2015 13:44 - 20 Apr 2015 13:50 #26 by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi)
Replied by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi) on topic April 2015 Highlights
So many fantastic things. Life changing OOG type things included! I can't wait for next month if this is how things are going to play forward! Lets go down the list...

Friday:
  • Neat little side-plot Tim, sorry I was a completely frozen derp of an NPC while doing it!
  • Hearing the entire play by play of the NPCs Otepai and Morlok (I can't spell based on sounds, sorry) before and after those NPCs went out, because I knew my PC wouldn't really be interacting with them. So sad she didn't get the chance.
  • Making random people terrified because they found another inmate from Stonefall, who tries to dodge where she came from at first, but clearly has a brand of her inmate numbers on her arm. P.S. I can't read. I don't know what that nonsense is.
  • Finding another Stonefall inmate! Others made it to Travance! ...And realizing how horribly that could be as well considering the bad people Aimee was wrapped up with...

Saturday:
  • Crack of dawn NPC shift! So glad the 2am NPC's listened to my warning of 'wake me ronight during shift, and a fate far worse than death will befall your PCs.'
  • Had a very helpful gent lead us through how NPC works as being completely new to playing a monster in combat. Also discovered how BAD it hurts to get hit with those arrows, all safety rules considered, yikes!
  • CAKE! Glad it was on a hold, because Aimee has an aversion to sweets. Its a long story.
  • TOWER MOD. Holy crud, mister insane Alchemist in the straw hat? You had myself and David dieing of laughter. He was whispering lines to each of us what the other was 'saying', and we argued back and forth about it. It was an adorable flirtatious argument of 'I think your mustache is beautiful and I want to pet it' 'Oh sure, go ahead.' '...Go ahead with what?' 'You can touch it.' 'Wait, what am I touching now, what are you talking about?' and on and on...
  • Aimee found the music! She found the bards and nestled her way in with them. I see a future Druid/Bard in later games.
  • All the music things. Dancing on floors, benches, and tables. Singing until my lungs gave way on Monday morning. Heck, even potentially learning how to play percussion myself at this point. Gold rained from the sky outside the inn.
  • The Satyr's wine...I had mind-shielded it, but I kind of wish I got to take part in the festivities. It did lead to me fishing coins worth of bardic tips out of my clothes that night...

Sunday
  • The least eventful day in ever because I had to sleep off the first two days. Though I did discover that I could leave my Dryad makeup on overnight, and nothing terrible would happen. Even my latex ears were alright.
  • A long discussion with a Nyad over things like Pie, Human customs, and Human language. As well as tea...if a Dryad and a Nyad both like tea, does that make them cannibals?

Things going forward:
I'm learning to play a drum, and it'll be on Aimee's person next moon, squee! I will be finally investing in new fawn ears for Aimee in the next few months, though I may hold out until August for a good pair that I don't have to paint myself. Getting new green for my skin that's much more shimmery...and maybe easier to apply/remove. And lastly, looking for a necklace, pin, or charm with a large bow and arrow on it. That way, when I say my name is pronounced 'Aim'. When they get confused, I can point to the pin! And I'm in search of more shed antlers of various sizes if any are found...for Character purposes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amilia Tolunda - Romani - Healer
Aimee "Whisper" Whisperleaf - Dryad - Druid - Bard
Maive Lusterwryn - Londwyn - Alchemist

OOG: Julie Anne B
Last edit: 20 Apr 2015 13:50 by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
20 Apr 2015 13:59 - 20 Apr 2015 14:01 #27 by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
Replied by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample) on topic April 2015 Highlights
My introduction to Travance was interesting to say the least. After being chased repeatedly through the land by what I'm told was a beholder, I went to a strange religious ceremony - apparently for some god named Valos? Or Gaia? I don't know. I don't understand why all do not hail the dragons and instead choose the weak gods. Afterwards, I went to the tavern to catch my breath, only to encounter wolves: my greatest fear. Then I was severely hurt by an ogre (who later apologized, saying he was not in his right mind) I battled two imps while travelling to the Barn with the more experienced dragoons Biron and Peaches, but on the return trip I was hit with a burst of flame from another imp and fell unconscious. Apparently they tried to sell me for ale before Alexander Silvers took me from the hand of death - something I'm told is uncharacteristic of him. From my later experiences, I'm not inclined to disagree.

The next morning I awoke early, as Biron said he would be trying to gather some dragoons to travel to the Cairn. Unfortunately, it appeared he didn't manage to find any. I went back to bed for a moment and then went to the tavern. There, I met Verrill. Though I have heard things since that he... is not exactly the type I'd prefer to consort with, I definitely found his full hour of mocking a very god absolutely hilarious. Then later I met the Bedouin lady Aysel. There are people who can be said to have a lust for life, but when that term is not used for Aysel, I feel like it now does not apply. She has such a fascination with birds and flowers and druidics, it's really quite beautiful. I wonder how she'd enjoy my homeland. We went to another mass, which I was equally lost at, and then returned to the tavern for breakfast. Then we, along with Theravold (I believe his name is spelled), his friend, and Chumana Lind, a bard who I travelled here with. The reason for the journey was to meet with the Romani with whom I entered a contract of defense, but he was not at the caravans. We travelled about afterwards, and it was quite entertaining. When we returned to the tavern, it was time for lunch, but that was interrupted by demonic hordes - nightmarish things, one more knowledgeable than I determined. I personally finished off four of them, but of course I also was incapacitated twice during the melee. I struck the lord of the demons present a few times, but after seeing the irrelevance of even a Draconic Legionary, I knew I was of no use. So I continued to distract and destroy the others - and my polearm came in much use there. After they were quelled I returned to the tavern to catch my breath before some strange Londwynians with steel caravans showed. They did, however, have delicious cake, so I won't complain too much. Then came the feast - simply wonderful! I spent it with my aforementioned Romani friend Andrei, Alicia "The Maiden in White" Dura, and Brother Aldric, who spoke at the mass on the first night. Truly it was good company. Afterwards, I had to go and spend a while in meditation.

(end IG) NPCing at Main Mod was fun, but crazy. I was in "bug squad," which was myself, my friend Austin (who referred me) my friend Vinnie (who drove me,) Sarah Mae (Aysel) and another gentleman whose name I never got in or out of game, led by Ben Herman the Insect King. Once we got to the fight, I made sure to keep Aldric at bay, since he was a bastion of a fighter. I should not use a shield, though. I suck at it. I eventually got so spatially disoriented I had to use the fact that I did actually need to pee as an excuse to leave the fray. On my way back from the tavern bathroom, I got lost. The fight was in Kaladonia. I was messed up. I forgot where "up" was for a second, even. Also my pee break made me miss the ending, which was disappointing, but I did need it. Then I had to finish out my shift as an Andorran being all lovey and saccharine, and then I got threatened with a gun, so I told the lovely guard in the lovely armor about the disruption to the festivities. (end OOG)

After my meditations, I returned to the tavern and conversed for a while longer. After I had grown irritable, it was suggested I sleep - which was a good idea. I woke up particularly late in the day, but still early enough to interact with folks. Crusty, the accidental bartender, and I had a discussion regarding philosophy, but we were both uncertain as to whether or not we were qualified to partake in such a discussion. We came to the mutual conclusion that one would probably need schooling in the four schools to have a worthwhile discussion, rather than tossing ideas around.

[hr]

OOG: DJ (She/her)
Last edit: 20 Apr 2015 14:01 by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Aysel (smgoebler)
  • Angry
20 Apr 2015 15:41 #28 by Angry (Angryman86)
And I forgot actual dream about ig nightmares, it was kind of awesome

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
20 Apr 2015 15:52 #29 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic April 2015 Highlights
Two tidbits I forgot:

1) Walking into the Inn, and seeing Edwin playing chess with a ... demon? I was about to intervene, until I realized that it would make things worse, and also that the demon was 99% handled by Edwin already. No reason to go poke a hornet's nest when it was about to be taken down.

2) Cleaning up on Sunday, and someone says "I blame Majah." That quickly turned into the KR version of "Blame Canada." Goose's response: "First it's #blamesyluscrone, now it's #blamemajah ..."

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
  • Dorn
  • Thank Yous: 45
20 Apr 2015 16:02 #30 by Dorn (Aradiel)
Replied by Dorn (Aradiel) on topic April 2015 Highlights
Very cool event I had a blast.

Beholder sucked and spent a lot of time running and hiding. It good to be afraid.

Dorn Marblecarver

-Killer of goblins and Trolls....the filthy gits-

(Jeff Mclean)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Magnus (hippy g0th), Croínamara (Jen), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.845 seconds