June event highlights

• Brent
  • Here and there and back again
  • Thank Yous: 0
09 Jun 2008 01:21 #1 by Brent (Brent)
June event highlights was created by Brent (Brent)
I seem to remember I started most of these when I regularly came, so I figure why not start this one....

Highlights!

Friday-
-Playing a priest of malyc [again] and attempting to memorize new verbals for my spells in the space of setting up and getting to the mod.
-Getting lost going to said mod in the impossible blackness.
-Finally setting up the most bestial ambush possible, ready to possibly have a chance against our first 9, then 4 opponents...and then having everything go horribly wrong. It was still cool, because we were nigh invisible until we sprung our trap!
-Air elementals, and the beginning of the plot
-"Just keep walking"
-The hundred foot pace!

Saturday-
-Been woken up and asked "are you dead" is a surprising and comforting change
-Walking outside and seeing several wolves, with my toothbrush in one hand and my sword in the other, shirtless and just staring at them thinking "Go ahead, do it"
-Brushing my teeth and staring down a small pack of wolves at the same time.
-Laying in the river. Soooo worth the hike down and up the hill.
-Finally learning that bloody sever limb...and realizing at the same time that Healers means "Dr. West and associated lowbies," However they're very well organized and ready to deal, so /cheer to you guys!
-Showing several people why my character is in travance to learn patience...and generally being lazy in the heat
-Mainmod....GG volk and crew who set that up, it looked pretty cool.
-Andorra's love, it's a towel cracked at you're posterior.

And thats about it for me! It was a good event, mad props to all the people working hard despite the heat!

Nick Scott.

Yea, maybe.
09 Jun 2008 09:46 #2 by Jacob Kanane (Jacob Kanane)
Replied by Jacob Kanane (Jacob Kanane) on topic June event highlights
Good event, was glad to be back after missing the last two.

Friday night, waiting 2+ hours and receiving lots of defensive spells only to wind up not going on the mod.
Lots of fun and good RP caused by not going on the mod.
Rolling deep with the other Templars.
Sabatheous cutting off Celestine mid-rant by standing up and having wings sprout from his back. A+

Lizard-kin with Adam & Andy, still surprised that Mike, Kate and Jon didn't hear us.

Sniff sniff. Something smells like cabbage in this vicinity.

Saving the day with Germaine on what was supposed to be a low level mod that had greater elementals.

Good RP with Sister Paige, the new Gaian Priestess and Celt whose names I forgot, and Morwenne + Rosa.

Brother Jacob Kanane
Templar of the Order of the Mailed Fist

(oog) Rob Irving
  • Gentleman Jas
  • Wine, Women, and Song.
09 Jun 2008 09:48 #3 by Gentleman Jas (Gentleman Jas)
Replied by Gentleman Jas (Gentleman Jas) on topic June event highlights
I'm not going to split these up neatly into days, because quite frankly I can't remember what day they all happened on but 'ere goes.
1. Singing at the feast
2. Being woken up by three Lizard Kin Assassins
3. NPCing a Goblin Rogue
4. Throwing a melon at a gypsy as said Goblin Rogue
5. Telling people that we "better kill the damn wolves, cause last time we didn't kill the damn wolves I GOT MY LEG BROKEN!"...and then being told not..to kill the wolves.
6. Wolves attacked Seamus and other guy, so we got to kill the wolves!
7.Screaming my head off at a wolf that was about to kill me, and watching it run away
8. Sparring contest!
9. I forget the name they gave it so ima call it "Pond Scum" but yea...that was good, like almost better then killing wolves good.
10. Last but not least, Learning master Florentine (two moons away from learning tag skills! woot!)

"Any thug can stab and grab, but a perfect scoundrel has panache, you must do it with a wink and a smile."
IG: Gentleman Jas
OOG: Kevin Maphis
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
09 Jun 2008 11:53 #4 by Clove (Mark)
Replied by Clove (Mark) on topic June event highlights
lack of sleep friday night
Edward the True Warlock mod and elemental shield saving me from a collapsing portal
watching illana get baptized
being attacked during the chronicular mass
market fair, selling honey that wasnt mine, almost no buyers but a few good trades
"being difficult"  apparently ???
seeing who actually who picked the npc merchants pocket during market fair oog n trying not to laugh
being told to sleep in a certain state house by friends, then being attacked by ogres while doing so... thanks guys lol
Morwenne askin Emars help..... white sorceress asking for a wild mage to help her....
multipule mages protecting Emar durin main mod
having a special feeling for the rest of the event from last two statements
later finding out that my help wasnt needed :-[ darn golem
learing persue from the guy who intergated me for my monthly confession
late night chilli
seven grim guardians early sunday morning... not fun
emar and illana actually holding off 3-4 for a good amount of time until falling finally
having the worst idea ever, sleeping in the inn bc i was too tired to walk to my cabin
not sleeping much all event

OOG-Mark B
  • Niotrul
09 Jun 2008 12:17 #5 by Niotrul (Niotrul)
Replied by Niotrul (Niotrul) on topic June event highlights
NPCing an Ogre Warlord and smashing the inn doors with a giant femur.
Enjoying the fact that even without half my skills i could still be useful to some people.
Helping the kobold leader in the minimod, thus giving me access to a lot of neat treasure before the fighters could get to those cabins.
Being introduced to a mute goblin named Brik, noting that i would be fine with any goblin(albeit nervous) as long as the weapons were kept away from me.
Having to reset my capture trap about 4 times because the heat made people too tired to walk around the cabin
Eventually took down the trap because it was too hot to walk around.
taught a few people some of the basic tricks i know.
actually found a teacher to help me with the skills i will need in the future.

Safety in numbers is only as good as the number awake.

-James Rainey
09 Jun 2008 12:29 #6 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic June event highlights
Friday Night:
-Playing a McBride Celt, nearly losing my kilt several times, and STILL being mistaken for Tobar in the process.
-NPCing a Dark Templar.  The best-laid plans never survive first contact with Alex Blockus.
-On a related topic, vowing never to fight a Pentir Knight again.
-Watching Kristin as likely the creepiest thing I've ever seen at KR.  I tip my hat to you, madam.

Saturday:
-Introducing the most hyper little psycho goblin alchemist to grace Travance.
-Changing to Tobar and selling all of my homemade limeade.
-Receiving the Bromius Dreamchild stamp of approval for said limeade.
-Impromptu feast entertainment.  I love it when people make my job easy.
-"James C. Kimball is a state of mind."
-FINALLY finding someone to teach me Instill Confidence and Intercept.
-Learning Master Florentine from Daedri.
-Going on my first main mod since the first event I attended, and actually having an impact on its outcome.
-Receiving a compliment on my fighting from Malcolm Germain.  Of course, he chased it with "but you don't fight as well as you think."
-Damsels in distress.  'Nough said.

Sunday:
-Having pretty women hang over me all day with minimal effort on my part.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
09 Jun 2008 12:41 #7 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic June event highlights
-Tim being hell-bent on claiming the fact that my true warlock's name is Edward and not David.
-The actual mod I was aching to get going all friday night going off perfectly.
-Improv portal disruptions are ftw.  Thanks Mike for not kicking my head in for that one =P
-Saturday morning shenanigins with house darkheart and co.
-Lowbie goblin mod. "this goblin chief shouldn't be so hard to deal with..."
-Half an hour later of myself, atrus and aiden getting our asses handed to us by 1 goblin...
-Heat stroke and my inability to walk without searing pain for a portion of the evening was not some kosher bacon.
-No main mod, but I'm ok with that.
-Evil mod made up for that fact.  It was pretty excellent.
-Sunday Morning.. Barak: "Aleister, lets duel!"
-1 hand tied, the other fist fighting.  Dirtiest trick I could pull is shake his hand and call a break limb... so I did.

Great event despite the heat.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
  • Janus
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
09 Jun 2008 12:49 #8 by Janus (Janus)
Replied by Janus (Janus) on topic June event highlights
Too many portal!!!!!
Getting more involved in certain plots, and realizing everything Janus thought he knew is either completely wrong in some way shape or form.
Being humbled by the gift that was given out, and I didn't even get it.
Traveling to a place that I never want to go to, twice, in the same day.
Walking up to the graveyard, seeing it empty, turning the corner, and seeing the mob of people at the 2nd graveyard?
Oh, and Steve, I do want to kick in your face!

Janus Ivillious
Court Sorcerer of Winterdark

Every man has his own destiny: the only imperative is to follow it, to accept it, no matter where it leads him.

Mike Dennis

RP Marshal
  • Relawin
  • Mace in the Face!
09 Jun 2008 13:00 #9 by Relawin (Relawin)
Replied by Relawin (Relawin) on topic June event highlights
New player here so I figured I'd throw in my 2 cents about my first event.

Friday:
1. Becoming so excited to use my lay hand minor spells on an injured npc farmer that I temporarily forgot my verbals.
2. Helped defeat an attack on the monastery along with someone else, I believe it was a Tellinghast, and almost getting hit for 8 magic by said Tellinghast because of the immense darkness.
3. Meeting Gentlemen Jas on the way back to the inn and being able to put my "You're my brother" Rp into effect.
4. Meeting Gideon who was kind enough to help my party out for most of the event afterwards. 
5. Fighting a lone undead along with Gideon and Brusk and then watching a large group of new players just begin poking it.
6. Meeting Gremd, the goblin that hangs out with my party now, for the first time and freaking out everytime I would see him at night. 

Saturday:
1. Getting woken up by lizardkin assassins.  I put on all my armor and stuck my head out the door. " There's one of the left, and one on the right, you guys ready?"  and then running out there swinging at the one on the left only to find out there was two on the left and then dying after one poison strike for 22 and one assail for 44.
2.  Getting healed when I thought I was left for dead along with my party after said lizardkin beating.
3.Waiting an entire 6 hours after the lizardkins, because few people were up and roleplaying, to be able to fight some wolves. 
4. Shortly after the wolves there were three elementals which had me jumping over a rail to defend a sylvan archer.
5.NPC duty as a goblin for a low lvl mod, wish I could have been pcing then but it was a lot of fun to see all the other new players having fun.

That's pretty much the highlights for my time there.  If not for the intense heat and absolute darkness I could have doubled the list, but I felt kind of confined to either the inn or my cabin during  the night.  Look forward to next time.

(ooc) Troy Maphis
(IG) Reandn Relawin
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
09 Jun 2008 13:03 #10 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic June event highlights
oh PS.

...Weredeer.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
  • Daedri
  • Thank Yous: 1
09 Jun 2008 13:21 #11 by Daedri (Daedri)
Replied by Daedri (Daedri) on topic June event highlights
Friday:

Before the start of the game, James: "We need someone to help make all these new players" he looks around , his eyes pass over Matt White and land on me, he points toward me Craig: "Dont point that finger at me" James tilts his head and continues pointing "No, James" .  Moments later im helping 7 new PCs write their first cards, with the help of Liz Hill.  ( Subsequently I'm glad I helped , the new PCs turned out to be well worth it. )

Moral of the story, if James asks a favor, freeze, dont move, as if you were being stalked by a Tyranosaurus.

RP with the returned Baron and his entourage.

Being beaten with a stick by Lord Shen

Flickering portal, Rp with mother Quinn after that. Daedri slowly starts wrapping his thoughts around religion.

RP with Arlington

Werepimp does a little softshoe.

Saturday:

Poker

I fell out of a tree.

"Butt whoopin's are a free public service in Dregamire"

Daedri Elensar
Shipwright to the People

Craig Odell
  • Atrus
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 92
09 Jun 2008 13:36 #12 by Atrus (Atrus)
Replied by Atrus (Atrus) on topic June event highlights
Coming in late Friday to the surprise of many

NPCing low level mod was great and the reactions they got when Matt threw the fake rock at the PCs

Steve's crazy, he and Aiden got their asses kicked, I was just sweating a lot

OOG/IG teachings with Louis and Derrick; and the ensuing hand to hand exhibition match between Olaf and Atrus

sparring... sparring... and more sparring...

~Atrus
"Only those who have endured the greatest suffering can become the greatest people."

John
Marshal
  • Gabriel Chance
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The guy who does the things
  • Thank Yous: 265
09 Jun 2008 13:37 #13 by Gabriel Chance (Kiellor)
Replied by Gabriel Chance (Kiellor) on topic June event highlights
Good event all around, Volk good job man.

Friday :
-Fighting Lord Shen one vs one for Paige, getting killed, and then having Seamus come in right after and take down Shen while 5 people walked me down to the monastery to keep me out of sight of Shen.
-Going almost hit for hit with Quan-Liu in a 7 hit wins spar and him getting the last hit a second before I did.
-Weredeer is a state of mind, not an actual creature.
-Wereleopard...nonono...Werepimp awww yeah!
-Getting slammed into the inn by the werepimp.
-Chasing Craig's werepimp from the inn to the road after the trade hall and stopping after watching him hit the afterburners before Blockus could nail him.
-Tracking Lycanthrope! and how many people it woke up.
-Fall over go boom exploding portal of Steve Oros.

Saturday:
-Friday kind of melted into Saturday and the early morning shenanigans with house darkheart and company.
-Finally going to sleep and waking up at 1:50 to a wakeup crew sent to drega'myr a few hours late.
-Marshalling with a lot of the new people and hearing good things from them and other players that they had a good time during our shift.
-'I swear, that goblin must have been 18 feet tall and had 5 feet!' <---Aleister's thoughts.
-Main Mod was fun, electricity hurts kids, don't play with live wires.
-Protecting Emar and Morwenne with Elawyn until we got told the earth prince was more important.
-Going down to Darkheart Manor with Solomon and hanging out with him and Paige for hours, until we were beset upon by 'Lost Travelers who came from over there and wanted to get to the monastery for an epic quest'.
-Saving said travelers from the trolls on the road.
-Craig's line of 'Butt whoppin's are a free public service in Drega'myr' right after killing said trolls and sending the merry lost ones on their way.
Sunday:
-Sunday morning laziness, and watching Aleister and Barak fight with one hand tied together while they punched each other repeatedly.
-'One...two...three...slay, slay, blade of victory, blade of victory, slay, cripple.', followed by the 6 deflects we called against each other's attacks...was more amusing if you saw it trust me.

Gabriel Chance
High Arcanist of Drega'mire
Binder of the Vestige Argolarium the Bound King

OOG:Drew Benton
Officer
Story Teller
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
09 Jun 2008 15:04 #14 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic June event highlights
Oh the drama
Meeting, meetings, and more meetings which led to more drama
Sharing information has never gotten one pc in so much trouble, and me so many lectures but it will be so worth it in the end.
Realizing that no matter how much mp I have, Derrick always has more mind control affects

Tari having to deal with one of the hardest conundrums of her life, thanks Quagz

Friday night secret mod, so ridiculous but so worth it. 
Finally feeling important and useful as a guard member, and not for the purposes of brute force.

Learning that the most frightening and annoying words to the town from Tari is I have another problem.  Getting to spend more time with Yungwie and finally actually getting to know him as more then just one of the Tellinghasts. 

Hanging out with my friends and just getting to see people I really missed. 

Lowlights:
The extreme heat and chest pains.  Not fun and very stupid on my part.
Getting to see three people that I really wanted to talk to for about 5 seconds before I had to run off and they had to leave. 

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
09 Jun 2008 15:47 - 09 Jun 2008 19:15 #15 by Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na)
Replied by Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na) on topic June event highlights
Here it goes:
Getting there way before lay-on and reacting to a few shocked faces when they saw that I actually did come; I'm just full of surprises :)
Having a long overdue reunion with so many people.
Hmmmm, I'm not sure what happened on what day because so much happened it's all alittle blurry but ill give it my best shot.

Friday night:
not much happened but still had a good time in the inn.
Learning ig that sam wasn't in town wasn't such a happy moment lol.
Of course rp with everyone.
And now I can't remember much about friday night so I'll skip ahead.

Saturday:
Waking up around 8 to get ready for the npc shift,relying on derrick for pancakes... I received no pancakes from derrick  :P.
This was definitely my favorite npc shift, I loved being a wolf pup... and not getting killed :)
Rping a merchant during market faire trying to get people to buy merchant stuff lol, not as easy as I thought,especially when a guy eats your merchandise....
and another steals half of what little you have left.
Bargaining with pirates.... we'll have to do that again sometime lol.
Healing everyone that had to be healed of course.
Healing Aadyen and Ethgale because they decided to volunteer themselves in a breaking of the limbs lesson ::) :)
Having Ilana make sannyiah think some massive death is occurring in Kaladonia when she said they needed healers right away... finding out it wasn't as serious as Ilana made it out to be.

Saturday night:
Feast was fun.
Not having to heal anyone during main mod in the inn was great.
Late night chillier awesome as always :)
That random event with the lizard kin and lord shen was different, avoiding death with nym who wasn't playing nym by hiding behind the monestary for a good long while.
Falling asleep in the inn and waking up the next day...
alive!!

Sunday stuff..
  The usual light healing of people
rping with tobar and all the others
Pie is good :)

-> Sannyiah ' Syn ' Amarie Tempest Na

Healer of Travance
Ambassador of Alisandria
Apprentice to Aiden DelDragon
Apprentice to Gregor Borowitz
OOG: Karla

And though she be but little.. she be fierce,,
Last edit: 09 Jun 2008 19:15 by .
  • Wren
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 148
09 Jun 2008 16:11 #16 by Wren (Wren)
Replied by Wren (Wren) on topic June event highlights
Highlights:

1.) Friday night predictions of what was going to happen and having all of them happening, the last of being ambushed while on a path in the middle of the woods with only a few other lowish level characters. Surviving said ambush by hiding behind Illana and screaming so loud that the lizardmen froze for a second and then being saved by everyone the screaming attracted. learning my lesson and stopping predicting things : )

2.) being extremely useful as i wandered the camp in the heat healing everyone i could find and being depleted of healing points EVERY period.

3.) being saved from any effect of the heat because of playing a satyr and drinking literally 30 bottles of water, ice tea, and lemonade on Saturday

4.) being low level mods water boy because i was out of healing points, falling on the path, scraping both my hands, one knee, and ripping the knee of my pants, only spilling a few drops of water and having the bottle never even get near the ground....go satyr reflexes : )

5.) going on main mod for the first time as Cael and being useful, the organization of the healers was amazing, we only got attacked once, in which i was the meat shield, every person that needed healing was fully repaired, and no healer was fully depleted.

6.) being taught 17 build worth of skills (thank you Angelica and Kwildar) and therefore doubling what Cael can do

7.) screaming ridiculously loud on several events with the result of mass amounts of help arriving very fast....result 1: being saved every time, result 2: still have no voice : )

8.) "damsels in distress mod" in which i npc'd a Coast haven dockworker, getting to be absolutely detestable and yelling horrible things at the "wenches" we procured, and all the hilarious reactions that ensued

There is MUCH more that I could post but i will end here in attempts to not take up a HUGE amount of room, I would just like to thank the staff for watching out for everyone during an event which was very fun despite the sweltering heat.

- Sir Wrenton Revlis of Albriar, The Knight of Wands.
Steward of Sagewood
Headmaster of Darkwood Academy

O.O.G. Adam D. (Marshal)
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
09 Jun 2008 16:16 #17 by Clove (Mark)
Replied by Clove (Mark) on topic June event highlights
i almost forgot.......

sunday...... free semicold pie!!!!!
[size=14pt]THANK YOU Dr. West!!!![/size]

OOG-Mark B
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
09 Jun 2008 19:35 #18 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic June event highlights
Despite a crazy Friday before the event, and having to leave at 8:00 AM on Sunday to catch a plane for work, it was a good event.

* Getting to use the alloy ring to do some smithing, finally!

* Organizing and leading a mod as Gideon.  He's becoming so much more than a smith I created just so the town would have one...

* Good RP with all the new PCs.  Welcome, everyone, and thank you for taking care of me while I was at the forge!

* James having me eval a crapton of armor in logistics for all the new players.  I got there early, and it was nice to meet everyone before the game began.

* New players that read the website thoroughly before coming out!  THANK YOU!  You make my OOG purpose at KR complete. ;)

* The heat sucked, and even though I was drinking water all weekend, I still had issues on Sat. night.  Heck, the mod involved huge chunks of smithing materials, and I didn't want to go I was so out of it!  A massive thank you to Jackie Gibbs for taking care of us that night.

* Razzberry Limeaid!

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
09 Jun 2008 20:10 #19 by Michelle my belle <3 (marisolmichelle)
Replied by Michelle my belle <3 (marisolmichelle) on topic June event highlights
- Friday night discussion with the Baron where he may or may not have told me to present myself saturday

- not presenting myself saturday.

- going to jail because I asked nobility where the baron was and that wasn't the right answer

- Cayman coming with the Baron to get me out of jail

- Yelling at the Baron while in Jail

- "Hey look a drow!" - Barbarian
    Me - "Don't talk to me neanderthal"

- explaining to some newbie the Underdark,  Him: "I trust you." Me: "Don't."

- Getting money from a mod I didn't do anything on

- Watching Aleister and Adin get their butts kicked on lowbie goblin mod

- Kicking the tied up goblin

- Laughing at a funeral

- Hating every single person who put their head under the water. FTW.

- scaring a dwarf

- asking Tari why I went to jail for a stupid law when other people got off with a fine for assault
    - "Well I disagree with the treatment of drow."

- Almost getting tortured Friday night by order of Lord Pyre.

- getting out of said torture with the aid of Tyros, Adin, and Lex

- Feast with Solomon was HILARIOUS

- hanging out with a high elf and sylvan elf

- using said sylvan elf to dodge the "Dark Elf Extermination Association"

-npc duty dodging the heat

- Getting out of the makeup on Sunday and taking a shower then drinking all of the kitchens coffee.

Crimson Tor'Ana
Drow Extraordinaire

oog: Michelle
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
09 Jun 2008 20:24 #20 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic June event highlights
Friday:
Seriously People, let me leave and study.
Monster Marshal Trainee confirmation. Woot!

Satuday:
Waiting in the heat to take a test. Sitting in that heat to take test. Aceing it. Car Ride to Kr.
Slow event for me as Dorian.
Heat makes the crazy stop.

Sunday:
Mug Chatting

Seeya all in July.

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • Lina Marinescu
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Only the curious have something to find
  • Thank Yous: 78
09 Jun 2008 21:20 #21 by Lina Marinescu (Ismaesumi)
Replied by Lina Marinescu (Ismaesumi) on topic June event highlights
Hooray for NPCing all weekend!

Friday:
-Being Leader of the Kobolds and elementals and wandering in the dark
-Offering our "Mage Killing Services" as the Ogres and getting destroyed for it

Saturday:
-Getting lost twice as air elementals
-Tobar hitting on every single one of my NPC characters that he came in contact with
-Main Mod and all the bruises and beatings from that
-Damsels in Distress Mod:
            Magus- "Well, I'm sure you ladies could use some food, lets get some in you"
            My Character- "I'd like a bite of you!"
-Playing a screaming dryad out of power and Lord Shen transporting her to a dream world

Sunday:
-Playing the mysterious floating plates of fruit and then deciding to just RP an inn wench
-Tobar also hitting on that NPC  :P
-Enjoying the Sunday morning lull

Thanks for a great event, even if it was too freakin' hot  ;)

IG- Lina Marinescu
OOG- Katie M.- Lead Monster Marshal

The stalwart soul has the will to live and is eager for the race ~Taylor Caldwell

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
10 Jun 2008 00:00 #22 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic June event highlights
Oh, and how could I forget:
-Coming dangerously close to insulting the nobility... in front of Barak Tellinghast.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
10 Jun 2008 00:34 #23 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic June event highlights
This event was more RP based if nothing else... and that made me the happiest this event. So much stuff I won't put it all down, just what I feel is share worthy. And it started with my event of feeling useless because my spells and being just the opposite. Not Ilana the cook this event but definently Ilana the Wild Mage and proud of it.

I can't remember much of Sunday night NPCing... only thing that sticks out is being the lead kobolds elemental, owning the barracks for a little while, and playing a well meaning orge who simply wished to help exterminate the pesky mage problem; oh well.

-After that its an RP filled night, leaving me in the kitchen and serving drinks since no one else around... lowlight of this: No one knows how to bring bottles back... must have been three trips of me running around gathering those things and refilling them...
-Relatively slow night, life is good.
-Cael a.k.a. "Phrophet of Doom" keeps jinxing us with bad luck
-Hopes of a were leopard sighting keeping us up an extra hour... just to watch a glimpse of it run into the woods
-the small band of low levels following the path and not into the woods after everyone else and not listening to me.. just to be attacked by lizardkin... and being pushed towads them by Cael... thank gods for avoidance.
-No sleep this night.. but a good breakfast chased that problem away

-Ilana baptized to Chronicler and proving throughout the day just how resourceful she is
-Sannyiah!! :glomp:
-Meeting strange goblins with boulbous goggles... very amusing though
-Selling Doctor West's Cupcakes becoming me paying for cupcakes for new people who wanted them (I am such a sap)
-Learning the idenity of a thief
-Tobar!! :glomp:
-Elementals spazz out... enough said.
-Lessons on Compassion... leaving Ilana content but confused
-Confession... only a highlight because Antrim seems shocked Ilana's a wildmage and Shen was polite about it
-Looking for Emar in the woods... for over thirty minutes... almost calling for a guard till Niotrul tells he's sleeping in Ilana's corner of Kaladonia and Ilana never running faster when she hears a healer's needed there (didn't over react.. just didn't want to wait)
-More RP
-Cram session of Physcian skills with Dr. West
-Elemental Shield Hugs!
-Explaining to new people in Travance Wild Mages with the input of Mages (need both sides afterall)
-As Mages take Emar away dring main mod.. Ilana half sure they're going to harm him somehow and the jaw drop as Morwenne and co are guarding him
-Being a lot of peoples best friend during Main Mod
-Good RP with Shen
-Knowing fighting Grim guardians to be a very bad idea but doing it anyways to save a dryad
-Keeping 3 of them occupied with help from Emar as Shen fights the other 4... until guardian 4 and 5 body block Ilana into the middle of the fray. Seriously, Wild Mages need spell packets again.....
-Being saved by Antrim from near death... really changing Ilana's perspective on things for the better, but leaving her with so many more questions.
-A glimpse of Ilana that I'm glad few were around to notice
-Sleeping in the Inn and not caring about chance of death

Sunday... I don't remember much either... This whole event I was actually kinda really sick so my memory is shoddy... but I had fun, I'm sur of it despite heat and bugbites... thanks to everyone, it was a great event overall, hope to see you all July 25th!

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • Quin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Captain Cupcake
  • Thank Yous: 15
10 Jun 2008 00:45 #24 by Quin (Quin)
Replied by Quin (Quin) on topic June event highlights
I only have one big one and that was...

Being a priest tank. So cool.  :)

Quin K.
It isn't enough to talk about peace, one must believe it.
    And it isn't enough to believe in it, one must work for it.

Emily (MM/RPM)
  • Hiro
  • i am the sleeping wild mage
10 Jun 2008 02:21 #25 by Hiro (Hiro)
Replied by Hiro (Hiro) on topic June event highlights
ok so much to put so little space.

Friday before lay on
-ride with paul was fun
-getting there at 3pm to help set up and to get the A-team theme song stuck in head for entire event
-seeing marcella and glomping her after jumping over picnic table same for kyo

ok now for rest of event which kinda blended togeher

So first off great seeing all peeps and great friday night rp with most of my aquaitences
-sunday morning wake up mod as a wolf with 2 lizard kin was great fun mostly because i actually learned the lay out of the camp
-my event in a nut shell run-run-run-run kill elemantals repeat twice run-run-run kill werelepard run-run-run kill more elementals run-run-run kill trolls and just for good measure run-run-run kill some more elementals
-oh and WILD MAGE FTW
-stone grip has never been used so much by one person in one event as by me on saturday early evening
-all i have to say is 3 divine silver fire lightning is gods forsankenly long winded when trying to hit a troll
-hiro being paranoid about all the new people in town than realizing it meant that he would be useful for once
-sunday npc as a scholar getting attacked only to watch as one of the attackers is captured turtured and than disappear through a portal before he can reveal his masters name
-during volunteer npc shift playing a wolf as part of a rabid pack than playing a really buffed out lizardkin and being able to battle barak to a stand off 1 on 1 until i got crippled
-hanging out at the mug for hours with mary beth, morgan, danny, tom and, a couple others sorry cant remember all who were there but it was a blast

ok thats it for highlights

ok so got to do this as well time for lowlights
-the heat was killer
-pretty sure i passed out at least once from heat exhaustion
-some outta game stuff that put a huge damper on my mood made it a tough weekend to go through

well thats everything for now prob remember more later

peace

IG: Hiro Makaza Zero

戦争は残酷である。 それを改良することを試みる使用がない。 それがより残酷なら、やがて終わる

War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over
OOG:Chris N
  • Hiro
10 Jun 2008 02:26 #26 by Hiro (Hiro)
ooo forgot this is huge to jackie gibbs thanks for sitting with me for like 2-2 1/2 hours while i recovered from said passing out

War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over
  • Fogrom
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 70
10 Jun 2008 13:43 #27 by Fogrom (Fogrom)
Replied by Fogrom (Fogrom) on topic June event highlights
Arlington:
  • Having Solomon, Rubious, and some others standing within five feet of our rogue's guild meeting and never knowing we were there.
  • The mayhem that was going on in the vicinity of our meeting and the atmosphere it lent to it. I forgot how much fun it is to be huddled in a cabin in the dark with screams and shouts around you.
  • Being asked for marital advice by the Baron.
  • Conversing with Daedri, Jonas, Ravanna, and others who wandered back and forth.
  • As people poured out of the inn to go through a portal, "Jonas, I believe the scent of adventure has taken a shit on your business for the evening..."
  • Teaching Sever Limb to Brent and ditching him when elementals attacked, "I cut off his arm, not his leg, he can run!"
  • Magnus' chili at something-a.m. Seriously some of the best chili I've ever had.

Dr. Hix:
  • Misadventures with Brik.
  • While teaching First Aid to Aya, Brik putting her finger to Orion's nose to see if he was still breathing, and me responding "now there's no need for that, Brik, they'll be serving supper any minute now..."
  • More misadventures with Brik and the dwarf that spit on her. Very well played by the new dwarf PC!
  • Some jokes never get old, at least to me, and so with Kyle back in attendance I of course had to remind the Baron that he was long overdue for a prostate exam.
  • The future scene that Brendan and I planned while brewing coffee...
  • Curing Slack's Arachnophobia. That was some great RP, Quagz.

Matt White
  • JoDios
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • That guy with the muffin hat.
10 Jun 2008 18:34 #28 by JoDios (JoDios)
Replied by JoDios (JoDios) on topic June event highlights
Highlights:
Andorran Tank Squad
Bartholomew Verdanci..Explorer Extroidanaire!
"Joe your back..here are free desserts.."  I think I was going to go into diabetic shock after the third or fourth sweet

Lowlights:
rogue mod

OOG: Jo
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
10 Jun 2008 22:11 #29 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic June event highlights
Worst weather I have ever experienced in the Poconos from several summers spent there as well as numerous non-KR weekends and days.

Continuation of some excellent RP with Michelle Adams' Drow.  Fr. Edwin is being asked some tough questions about his faith without it being shaken, which is what it is all about.  I look forward to the coming months.

No jinx, but for the second month in a row I was not bothered in my sleep, which reached a record 11.5 hours, spread over two days.  Felt pretty perky, which I attribute to getting lots of sleep the previous two days combined with a morning Gatorade and lots of water.

It is demonstrable that cigars keep gnats from me.  Hope it worked for others as well.

Not getting up from my activity to fight every monster that presented itself.  I am learning to let others do the work for which they are suited., which in turn lead to  novel experience - having significant Faith remaining after the first period.

Mute Goblin - nice.

Hicks, acting on someone else's advice and putting out goblets of water for returnees from main mod.

Hicks telling the Baron the details of the baron's upcoming proctology examination - wonderful Matt W.

For the first time at a KR event, I spent less than 4 hours in the kitchen.  I have no idea how Jackie managed to  cook something with boiling water.

Hot shower followed by gradually turning the water to cold.  For a half hour of so I felt clean.

Combat with Lord Shen.  Imprisoning him for a third time.  The trick is to not run out of faith before Derrick runs out of tricks.  Presenting myself to Lord Shen for his judgement on my triple capital offense while he was not in his right mind.  Excellent scene at the end.  Always a pleasure and a worthwhile expenditure of my time.

Gwynned's Herb Shop.  If you did not see it this time, catch it at the second July event.

Sunday morning, Lisa Hill, possibly the gentlest player at KR, asks me if I had ever been hit with one of my spell packets.  I said yes, but to demonstrate that they hurt she wound up from five feet and let fly at full strength, unfortunately (from my perspective anyway) hitting me in the groin.  I had to admit to her that it smarted a bit.

While giving a few chess lessons with Daedri, finding out some background on him. 

Sharing information with Tari that she needed to know, only to have it bite me in the tuchus.  I will see how virulent the bite is.  Fr. Edwin is certainly being cured of his naivete quickly.

Watermelon mod - great training for the newbs, ably assited by Zach's Tobar, just in case they had some problems.  He was barking orders and directing troops like a pro.

Valkyrie Quin.

The continuation of observing the human side of Germaine.  This is a tougher RP for Alex than before, as his character was basically out front in everything. 

Getting my tome back from the baron and quizing him on it.

Acquiring another proficiency as an Entertainer (chess) as it is Fr. Edwin.

I'm certain there was more, and I will eventually figure recall it.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Hiro
11 Jun 2008 00:30 #30 by Hiro (Hiro)
Couple of things i forgot

-baseball with brik
-early morning talks as an npc (jax) with illyanna, and sands and ethgale
-all the looks me and brik got while swinging her pole arm and my sword at rocks as we played baseball
-just the overall insanity of the weekend actually made this one of the better moons ive been at
-feast was absolutely the best ive had since ive started attendting
-jackie gibbs the multi-talented feast maker and taking care of the sick person who actually turned my time in the healing corner into something of an enjoyable time and sorry to all others who helped me out as well but jackie is only one my very heat fogged mind

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.873 seconds