Item Conversions!

• Brian T.
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You cannot escape me, even through death.
  • Thank Yous: 186
07 Nov 2018 23:19 #1 by Brian T. (Renthios)
Item Conversions! was created by Brian T. (Renthios)
**PLEASE READ THE MESSAGE IN ITS ENTIRETY, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE PROCESS OF GETTING THESE ITEMS REDONE SO EVERYONE CAN GET THEIR EQUIPMENT BACK IN A TIMELY MANNER. THANKS!**

Hello Everyone!

I come with good tidings from your team of Marshals. We have updated the Item Conversion spreadsheet that was previously released as a Google Doc! Here is the outline of the process we would like you to follow:

1) If you have your old sheet from back when, please compare what remaining cards you have vs your purchased quantities, and adjust them to get your refunded gold amounts. Then you can proceed to the updated sheet, and spend away. Please bring either a printed copy, or a link to both your sheets with you to Logistics(as well as your old item/equipment cards), so we may verify your math and issue your replacement cards. If your item(s) still exist in name within the current rules, please make sure their descriptions are correct! Many things, including a few runes, have new additions to what they do or what types of skills they count as. The descriptions of all consumable items, as well as runes were updated from the current rules errata and rulebook download.

2) If you never did an old item conversion, please bring all the cards you wish to turn in directly to a Marshal at Logistics during shift hours. Be aware, there may be a wait time based on the number and size of the conversions being done. We're going to try and have dedicated Marshals available at various times to help you, but we cannot always promise swift rewrites during peak shift hours. We appreciate your patience throughout this process.

Some Miscellaneous Notes:

1) Players will notice that the Holy Water items are missing from the lists. They are currently under review, and are likely changing in the near future. Please turn in all deity-specific holy water items in your conversion, their values are on the original sheet. Make sure if you want to repurchase some when they are reworked, you set aside some gold! More details on that later.

2) If you have questions, please direct them to the Marshals on shift in Logistics, we are more than happy to answer your questions, or find you an answer if we do not immediately have one for you.

**Cassie has also stated she will be making an addendum post to this one with additional details on the process at some point later today, so be on the lookout for that.**

Here is the link to the April 2018 OLD Item Conversion Sheet:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MlPdkqdU...uF4/edit?usp=sharing

To edit it, go under File, and click on Make A Copy. Then rename it with your name, and character number.

Here is the **UPDATED** link for the Item Conversion Sheet:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Hs8wi84o...0SI/edit?usp=sharing

Same deal to edit it, go to File -> Make A Copy. Then rename it.

If you find a discrepancy with anything on the new sheet, I'm not perfect, I did most of the editing of the original author's formulas to make sure prices were all in line with material costs, etc. Please send me a PM here on the forums, or find me on Facebook if we're friends and message me there so I can get it corrected and updated. Thanks!

OOG: Brian T.
Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
08 Nov 2018 04:35 - 08 Nov 2018 04:36 #2 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic Item Conversions!
Hello Travancians!

Here's how this is going to work. If you have items to turn in, PLEASE fill out this sheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12xtvb9Yl...iV8/edit?usp=sharing
Same thing as Brian posted above: make a Copy, then Rename it. If you do it online, it will calculate your total for you! I also added a new tab to the original sheet to help you find values for old items, since the old rulebook is no longer posted. This tab contains the build cost of skills (for calculating Skill Rune cost), what class of Trinket the skill would be if you have it in Trinket form, a complete Spell list with Rank of anything that could be turned into a Scroll or Trinket, Alchemy names and Ranks, and the total Units of Materials required to make any of the old armaments. It also contains the values of Holy Water from the first sheet Brian linked above.

If you want to print it out and do it by hand, just print the "Printable" tab. If you fill it out online, print out the "Fill Online" tab. For the love of trees, DO NOT attempt to print the "Old Item Costs" tab. >.>

How To Use The Sheet For Armaments
First, find the type of thing and increment that box count by one.
Then, if it's Superior/Exalted, increment that box count by one (this sheet uses an average; don't try and do the math for the exact gold value per unit of material in the item).
Then, if it is made of anything except a basic material, look up how many units it took to make, and increment the box next to that material type by the total units.
If it has Sockets, increment the Socket Rank for EACH Socket. If your item has 2 sockets, don't just increment the "Socket, Rank II" box - you'll need to add 1 to BOTH the "Socket, Rank I" AND the "Socket, Rank II" box.
Don't forget to add your Runes!

CHECK THE EXPIRATION DATE ON YOUR RUNES! Any rune that was not socketed and expired before 3/18 is junk and will not be converted.

HOW TO ACTUALLY GET YOUR STUFF CONVERTED
At minimum, I will be handling new item card writing from 9am-2pm on Saturday morning. I will post additional times as our marshals Rock-Paper-Scissors for who has to sit in the Item Mines during some of the other shifts.

Bring your filled out form, the list of what you want (use the link Brian posted above for help calculating!), and all of your items in a ziploc bag. We are going to go with the honor system right now, and audit the contents of the bags later. If you just need items from the current rules converted because of errata or material effect changes, you don't have to fill out the form, but please know what you want to change them to before showing up.

•Yes, we will still write zero-value item cards for any sentimental items you wish to keep.
•No, unfortunately, I will not have time to help you decide what to buy or teach you how items work in the new rules. I can answer short questions, but we still have a lot of people to get through and limited time.
•Yes, if you have something weird and aren't sure how to put it on the sheet, you can leave that off the sheet and just bring the card.
•Yes, if you can't get everything together by the event (I realize it's Thursday), you can submit in batches.
•No, you cannot immediately purchase an item that requires use of a Paragon skill to make. You can buy all the components, though, and then visit your friendly local smith!

If you have further questions, or the sheet isn't working, please send me a PM.

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
Last edit: 08 Nov 2018 04:36 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Brian T. (Renthios), Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist)
08 Nov 2018 12:31 #3 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic Item Conversions!
question:

What about value TBD Items, or simple items that have a gold value on them? I don't see a place to note those on these sheets. are those still valid?

Examples:

Andorra's Hairbrush
Value: TBD

golden idol of Jaxuarian tribe
Value: 2000 gold

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
08 Nov 2018 13:01 #4 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Items that have a simple gold value on them that you just want to turn in for the gold: just tally up the total and put it in the box under "Treasure", Row 35 Column D.

An item like "Andorra's Hairbrush" counts as a sentimental item, and we can rewrite it onto a new card with 0 value. You don't have to indicate those on the sheet; just separate those cards out from the rest of your pile somehow (a smaller bag inside the bag, a binder clip, rubber band with a note that says "sentimental", etc.).

You can also separate any items that are giving you confusion in this way - I can help with those during the process or between games.

----

----
08 Nov 2018 13:55 #5 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic Item Conversions!
so it is now the so called "legacy" and "magic" items are being written out of the game altogether? Pardon, but I am mildly confused, and trying to ascertain what's going on in relation to this as well.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
08 Nov 2018 14:35 #6 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Item Conversions!
Could you provide an example of the “legacy” and “magic” items?

Andoras Hairbrush with no special properties on the card has to be looked at as sentimental. If you get the answer for the TBD, then that answer might change.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
08 Nov 2018 14:38 - 08 Nov 2018 14:46 #7 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
I'm not sure what you're asking here.

If it was an item written on one of those giant fancy artifact cards, hold onto it for now. Steve will announce a different process for those when he finalizes it, as most people will likely want to have them rewritten to keep the unique effects.

This item conversion is for the 17 Clarity Bombs everyone seems to have in the bottom of their pouches, that kind of thing. You turn all old standard items in for gold, which you can immediately use to purchase items under the new rules. We will also rework any standard items purchased under the new rules in the first wave of conversions that no longer work the same way due to errata changes.

When it comes to items that have things like "TBD" written on them, we'll write it on one of the new cards with a note to see the marshal who wrote the original one (or the ST if you happen to know who it was). Additionally, because I've already been asked:
-Components are not on the "new item purchase" sheet. That is because you can just go to the normal PC Window at Logistics and purchase loose components that way. Yes, you can use your conversion gold for this.
-If you have items that were already converted in the first wave, and nothing about them needs to change, you don't need to go through this death by 1000 papercuts. This is for items written under the old rules, and any new items that are no longer valid/have had their material ability change significantly.
-Do not turn in Commodities. We didn't change the physical card, and they still function the same way in the new rules.

If you have further questions about the way items work in the new system *in general*, please post those to the Rules board.

----

----
Last edit: 08 Nov 2018 14:46 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell).
  • Brian T.
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
09 Nov 2018 00:50 - 09 Nov 2018 00:56 #8 by Brian T. (Renthios)
Replied by Brian T. (Renthios) on topic Item Conversions!
Actually Cassie, and everyone who asked:

You can buy raw components on the same sheet for the rewrites, it'll just look a little differently. I left it that way intentionally. Here's how!

1) Choose which component you want to buy.

2) To the left of that, in the yellow highlight marked Units, choose the number you wish to purchase.

3) Place a '1' in the Quantity column, and voila. Materials purchased.

**ADDENDUM** These should be the absolute last things you buy, as modifying those quantities may interfere with the formulas attached to carry over the costs into the total columns, so pick a spot toward the bottom of your sheet if you want to buy components in bulk. Thanks!

Hope this helps!

Marshal
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Nov 2018 00:56 by Brian T. (Renthios).
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
05 Dec 2018 17:57 - 05 Dec 2018 18:34 #9 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
CONTINUING CONVERSIONS

We are going to try and write out new items pre-game. The steps are:
1) Make a copy of and fill out your conversion sheet for items from the *old* rules: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12xtvb9Yl...iV8/edit?usp=sharing
2) Make a copy of and fill out your purchase list for new items: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Hs8wi84o...0SI/edit?usp=sharing
3) Make sure sharing is turned on for both sheets.
4) Email the sheet links, as well as your name and character card number, to . You can also make a list of 0-value "Sentimental" items in the body of the email.
5) Pick up your items from Logistics at the event! Note: Depending on how many we get through pre-event, your new items may not be available immediately at check-in.
6) Be sure to turn in your old items in an envelope or ziploc bag that contains your Name & card # in some fasion, so we can double-check everything afterwards.

If you are just switching *current* rules items - for instance, items made with cabochans, which no longer exist - you can submit your new item requests using the new item purchase form. Just note somewhere in the email that this is a direct swap, and turn in the old cards to receive your new ones. No little bags or envelopes required in this case. You can also just bring those cards to Logistics directly.

This email and process will remain open until we are reasonably satisfied that the majority of conversions have been completed, so if you cannot make it to the next few games, don't worry and take your time!

----

----
Last edit: 05 Dec 2018 18:34 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell).
  • Brian T.
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
19 Jun 2019 11:08 #10 by Brian T. (Renthios)
Replied by Brian T. (Renthios) on topic Item Conversions!
Bumping this. I know several of you that are in various stages of converting your things over, or were unsure how to spend the rest of your wealth and wanted to do it between games. See the original post for all the links you need to the current sheet, and be sure to follow the instructions. The kr.itemconverts email is still active, so if you have any questions and we aren't acquainted via social media, you can either add me, or send an e-mail to that account and we'll get back to you.

Thanks,

Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
19 Jun 2019 12:18 #11 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
This is the LAST MONTH we were doing between-game conversions. If you have items already turned in to Brian, or have a large stack you were planning on turning in this game, then you're fine. Beyond that, if you need anything converted, it will be done at game.

For at-game conversions, you should know the value of anything you're turning in and also what you wish to purchase (use the spreadsheets!) before you come to the window. We can provide limited assistance and will answer questions, but keep in mind that marshals have other responsibilities that are time-sensitive, and you may have to leave your items to be handled when the marshal has a free minute, then check back later to pick up the new ones.

----

----
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Seth (Kurteth), Ephrem (bamore62)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.568 seconds