Rules and Mechanic Advisory for the March Event

• Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
27 Feb 2019 11:54 - 28 Feb 2019 15:04 #1 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Rules and Mechanic Advisory for the March Event was created by Narcis (ChrisR)
Hello Everyone! I am excited for the Event this weekend and in order to make sure we can get to playing as quickly as possible I am outlining some Unique Rules and Mechanics here! Every unique mechanic and skill will be also in the back of the Scholars Tome. However there are a few that are important to address before the event so we avoid mass confusion!

New Player Encounter
There will be a morning encounter, on Saturday around 12:30 PM that is perfect for New Players who want to participate in the main plot of the Weekend. If you are someone who is interested in participating in this, it would be wise to avoid the 10am-2pm shift on Saturday. It is primarily Roleplay but the rewards will help the weekend ;)

Compassionate Vines

There will be phys reps that are lit up with glow sticks around the camp and on some mods, they will have vines and flowers on them. Please do not move these from there they are located and take care fighting around them. They are beneficial to all PCs and have the following effect:

Any character may, once per encounter, gain a use of the skill “Willpower” if they roleplay with these phys reps for 10 seconds. It expires upon the players next rest. Any person within small weapon reach of one of these phys reps cannot be affected by the skill “Dark Whispers”

Traps and Unique Poison

You may see myself or a marshal during the weekend marshaling ambient effects and traps, whomever is marshaling them has been given specific instructions on how to handle them and please remember to respect their calls.

I also would like to remind everyone of the Poisoned condition in which a character may not benefit from healing towards her Body point score until they are cured. The poison used this event is considered to be a “non-standard” poison. Since this poison is non-standard you cannot inoculate yourself to it via the skill inoculate.

I did this because I am really excited to allow those who like to craft enjoy creating a unique craftable for the event! As Friday progresses and the Scholar’s Tome is Unlocked Crafters will be able to create a special substance to assist in the Town’s fight against the Order of the Blood Moon!

There are a few other unique skisll in particular I would like to mention:

Detect Prowess: Determines after 30 seconds of Study whether a target is a favored enemy. An example of how it is called is : "Detect Prowess Witch Hunter"

This skill is akin to a NPC version of ‘detect weakness’. It may be of a Class or Race. Please answer it honestly as it is to help assist my NPCs with their flavor and roleplay.

Dark Whispers -This ability allows the character to issue a one sentence command. This ability is always Bane. Attack (Metaphysical,Naming), Influential (Social)

This skill, has the naming trait and thusly cannot be redirected, which means it cannot be intercepted.

Finally I would like to address Bane Runes for this event. While some Mortal Hunters are afflicted with specific negative energy conditions, their afflictions are being manipulated by the Leader of the Order. However, because not all mortal Hunters are afflicted with any sort of affliction the correct way to Bane Rune a Mortal Hunter will be to target their Race. All Named NPCs have their race described in the Scholar’s Tome.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
Last edit: 28 Feb 2019 15:04 by Narcis (ChrisR).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ib (Gannon), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Peaches Shirotsuke MazoKisei Defessa Von Ritter (Richard Whitted-Leggett), Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist), Mantel (sigma-j), Kestrel (Kestrel), Moostrav Potrevski (), Solitaire (nobody2357)
27 Feb 2019 14:16 #2 by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist)
Replied by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist) on topic Rules and Mechanic Advisory for the March Event
As a follow up to Christine's posting, I would like to make sure everyone is aware of the following:

Abilities that reference "maximum Body point total," refer to the Body points gained by a character's Class Proficiencies. Skills/Abilities referencing this (such as Revive, Resuscitate, Meditate, Draconic Glyph, etc) DO NOT target a character's worn armor or any such Augments that they are currently suffering.

This is particularly important for the Enduring status effects of Bleeding and Poisoned for the following reason:

Draconic Glyph, while it is a Continuous ability, has a limit of expenditure related to a character's "maximum Body point total." For Enduring status effects, it allows the character to sacrifice 15 Body points from this total to cure herself of the status effect (not defend the attack that would make her suffer the effect). These are not regained until a Rest is completed by the character. As such, a character that has four Warrior-type classes purchased may only use this ability four times before she may only rely on the armor and Augments to keep herself from the Serious condition (0 Body points including armor/augments).

While this has been clarified in the past via the Rules board, it has been a point of confusion at events for the past few months. Hope this helps clear up any lasting confusion on the matter!

~ Joe G.

The Insightful, Knight of Pendarvin
OOG: Joe Glaser | Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annora (Karen), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j), Solitaire (nobody2357)
27 Feb 2019 16:06 #3 by Isaiah Maximilian Augustus Ricardo Ana'Gaia ()
Replied by Isaiah Maximilian Augustus Ricardo Ana'Gaia () on topic Rules and Mechanic Advisory for the March Event
Looking forward to this event!

For clarification purposes, what will the interaction between this poison and those with the Costadori Racial - Venin Blood, be?

Regards,
Ben

Isaiah Maximillian Augustus Ricardo Ana'gaia of House Arkanian
Vassal to Ostcliff

Rak Vaad
Finest Goblin Entrepreneur You Ever Done Met

OOG-Benjamin Weinfeld
  • Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 379
27 Feb 2019 19:13 - 27 Feb 2019 19:14 #4 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Replied by Tim P (OrganicGolem) on topic Rules and Mechanic Advisory for the March Event
Any defenses against attacks with the poisoned condition will absolutely defend against them. With regards to Venin Blood granting you uses of the attack, you would not get an exact copy as it was called against you, you would simply get the base skill called.

For instance, if an attack of 'Eviscerate: 40 Aether, Poisoned' was called on you, you would get a use of eviscerate based on your own stats (in terms of burst modifiers, and continuous modifiers such as Venomous).

[hr]
-Tim P
Last edit: 27 Feb 2019 19:14 by Tim P (OrganicGolem).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
27 Feb 2019 19:43 #5 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Rules and Mechanic Advisory for the March Event
As Tim demonstrated in his example is what will occur this event, the poisoned status is on skills that do not normally inflict the poisoned status. I have decided to allow it to defend it, but you will get the copies of the skill used, but they will not copy the poisoned part, as it is a modification of the skill granted by being a Mortal Hunter.

The story reason behind this is in the Scholar's Tome and I encourage everyone who is interested in reading it!

Unrelated, I have decided to add an advisory to one more skill that may cause confusion I have included it here but it is also edited to be in the main Post. I would like to clarify this skill:

Dark Whispers -This ability allows the character to issue a one sentence command. This ability is always Bane. Attack (Metaphysical,Naming), Influential (Social)

This skill, has the naming trait and thusly cannot be redirected, which means it cannot be intercepted.

Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Cara Easton (Raeelle)
  • Ergos
  • Thank Yous: 88
28 Feb 2019 00:21 #6 by Ergos (arieslink)
Replied by Ergos (arieslink) on topic Rules and Mechanic Advisory for the March Event
Will Cleansing Spores still grant immunity to the poison while it's being channeled?

From the rulebook:
"Cleansing Spores
This ability renders all beings within reach
of the character Immune versus Poisoned,
persisting up to thirty seconds after they
leave the area.
Spell (Rank III, Unique), Channeled (Aura)"

[Card Marshal]
[OOG: Adam Grimes]
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
28 Feb 2019 07:54 - 28 Feb 2019 07:59 #7 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Rules and Mechanic Advisory for the March Event

Ergos (arieslink) wrote: Will Cleansing Spores still grant immunity to the poison while it's being channeled?

From the rulebook:
"Cleansing Spores
This ability renders all beings within reach
of the character Immune versus Poisoned,
persisting up to thirty seconds after they
leave the area.
Spell (Rank III, Unique), Channeled (Aura)"

Yes if the NPC does not also call bane, since bane bypasses immunities. Likewise, anything that cures the poisoned status does in fact cure this poison.

Storyteller / Marshal
Last edit: 28 Feb 2019 07:59 by Narcis (ChrisR).
  • Naranbaatar Aiki
  • Will generally just drink tea and eat sashimi
  • Thank Yous: 158
28 Feb 2019 14:25 #8 by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi)
Replied by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi) on topic Rules and Mechanic Advisory for the March Event
In regards to Dark Whispers. Does resist still stop it?

Naranbaatar Aiki
Squire to Count Sebastian Everest, Warden of Kormyre
Former Warlord Castellan to Corvencia
Legionnaire Commander, Kormyrian Army
"In service to the people"

OOG Name: Robert "Ira" Torres [MARSHAL]
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
28 Feb 2019 14:30 #9 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Rules and Mechanic Advisory for the March Event
Resist stops a metaphysical attack, which Dark Whispers has attack(Metaphysical)
However, since Dark Whiapers is bane, it would bypass the immunity granted from it, at which time you would have to use another use of resist, or other form of social or metaphysical defense

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
28 Feb 2019 14:42 - 28 Feb 2019 14:43 #10 by Narcis (ChrisR)
This is correct! If it's primary ability is to defend a Metaphysical or a Social(Influential) attack I will take it. Along these lines Bravado will work as well, though the being using the Dark Whispers is immune to the effects of the reflected Dark Whispers.

Storyteller / Marshal
Last edit: 28 Feb 2019 14:43 by Narcis (ChrisR).
28 Feb 2019 22:51 #11 by Jenn Cutter (Jenn)
Replied by Jenn Cutter (Jenn) on topic Rules and Mechanic Advisory for the March Event
Talisman of Self-Control
This item defends an attack which inflicts
the Charmed or Dominated status.

Would this be able to defend against dark whispers?

Thanks.

Dr. Selby Wainwright
Viceroy of Albriar
Quartermaster of the Blood Spirits Mercenary Company
Acting Guildmaster of the Travancian Crafters Guild

OOG Jenn Cutter
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
28 Feb 2019 22:57 - 28 Feb 2019 22:58 #12 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Since Dark Whispers does not inflict the dominated status, Talisman of Self-Control will not defend against the skill.

However, it will defend against any Enslaves that go around this weekend ;)

Storyteller / Marshal
Last edit: 28 Feb 2019 22:58 by Narcis (ChrisR). Reason: clarified wording.
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.626 seconds