August 2008 Highlights

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
17 Aug 2008 20:30 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
August 2008 Highlights was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
WOW!  What an event...

* Seeing a lot of new faces!  Welcome, everyone!

* Sleeping in a tent instead of the kitchen cubby - SO much nicer outside, and more room, too!  We got to decorate, which we don't usually have room for inside.

* Winning a free event... WTF?  I donated it to someone who needed it due to financial constraints.

* All the looks on people's faces when I brought out the Ginger Beer & Espresso Soda.

* Learning Lit: Goblinoid from Wally's NPC

* Realizing I did, in fact, have Lit: Sylvan on my card.

* Gypsy lessons, LONG overdue.

* The Chess Match!  It was a joy to watch, seeing all the wonderful matchups.

* Getting a belt holster for my SIGG bottles.  SO useful.

* Making the decision last event not to learn Cavalier as Gideon, then plot this month reversing that in a heartbeat.

* Photos!  Thank you, Adi, for taking so many... and that's just one camera!  I expect we'll see a lot of good combat shots this batch.  :)

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Cameron
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 15
17 Aug 2008 20:44 #2 by Cameron (Galen)
Replied by Cameron (Galen) on topic August 2008 Highlights
I'm still shocked by how this event turned out.  I had such great RP in the last event, I didn't expect it to be topped so soon, but it was and in spades.  I'd like to thank everyone who made the event as wonderful as it was, I had a great time as Galen was brought to the lowest he's ever been in his life, and it was due to everyone I've played with, PC or NPC, that this was possible.  This turned out to be an appropriate (if tragic, IG) sendoff for me as I take a brief leave of absence from playing, and I loved every minute of it.

I won't go into details right now as I'm very tired and out of it, but hoo boy, this was great stuff.  I'm going to enjoy the consequences of this, even though my character likely won't.

Sir Not Appearing At This Game
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
17 Aug 2008 21:10 #3 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic August 2008 Highlights
Face-grab to head-butt.
Pissing off more nigh-unkillable evil villains that I ever care to in the span of 1 event.
The chess match was pretty awesome, even when it did erupt into a brawl.
First time in a long time I've been scared out of my wits and it was awesome.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
  • Bellanear
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 13
17 Aug 2008 21:36 #4 by Bellanear (Alai)
Replied by Bellanear (Alai) on topic August 2008 Highlights

The chess match was pretty awesome, especially when it did erupt into a brawl.

Fixed.  Anyway, my highlights for the event that marked my 10 Year Anniversary of coming to KR:
Birthday cake and song.  Thanks everyone, it really did mean a lot.
Headbutting spiders and proving that just puffing out your chest can, in fact, deflect attacks.
Ridiculously huge (and awesome) sword.
Chess match and main mod were both sweet, even though I got utterly roflstomped by the Queen.
Getting to know the town (for the 4th time in the past 5 years) as a new character, while annoying at points, always leads to discovering different aspects and new relationships with characters you've known from one angle for a while.
Realizing how amazingly comfortable a kilt really is, even though 75 sq. ft of wool tends to get a little warm in direct sunlight.
Before main mod, looking at the bonus stats from the 'Knight' buffs, and realizing that, with Leap, I became a Final Fantasy Dragoon.
All in all, it was a really awesome event, and a great one to come back for.

-Bellanear Cyeos
The Alabaster Seal
Guardian of The Ivory Tower

Gavin S.
  • Tyra Silverfang
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I eat dark god babies...
  • Thank Yous: 0
17 Aug 2008 21:57 #5 by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing)
Replied by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing) on topic August 2008 Highlights
this event was a lot more than i expected it to be and i was glad to be proven wrong. I honestly expected to be bored considering my buddies Aranu, Tobias and Tobar were not there to entertain me, buti discovered some new faces that entertained me just as much.

Friday-
-NPCing as brigands that robbed and burned a caravan. Having our leader charmed by Gideon and then being told to make a run for it at the first chance we get. Considering Lethias was part of the party that came for us i doubted very highly that i would make a clean break but surprisingly i did!
-Waking up in the middle of the night to Rayven freaking out that he heard the Order of Sorrow (specifically Tyrius) galavanting around town wasting people and then laughing at him if he asked if i were coming. When your husband tells you that he got a letter saying "your life or your wife" you don't go running out in the darkness to seek your own death.

Saturday-
-waking up to wolves looking for food and then laughing when Rayven says "please go away i'm really tired" then actually having them leave!
-waiting around the inn for something to show up so i could hit it.
-Learning and RPing Florentine and Weapon Prof with Rayven. It was quite the experience and i realize i'm very bad with a dagger! LOL
-Actually getting to use my new skill against NPC's who found out how quick i can actually strike in my bulky armor.
-loving the fact that Zach still got sent out as an NPC that could sing at feast.
-loving fest in general.
-meeting the sylvans (i think they were sylvans) and having red war paint smeared on my face as a "war dancer" (which i HATED getting off by the way! it really wanted to turn my whole face pink!)
-main mod which was just amazing!
-going int negative about 5 times during main mod, swinging 7 divine on m main hand and 5 divine on my dagger, and almost dying beside Rayven. We both would have been dead if it weren't for having Preserve life cast upon us and Galen's quick healing skills! Thank you again my friend!
-having my weapons lost during main mod and then thankfully having someone find them again.
-missing out on our porch party but getting some well needed rest.
-BATTLE GYPSY and the DARKHEART EXPRESS! i love you Ella Rea

Sunday-
-waking up to a nice man bringing us hot chocolate. (this is 2 out of three times i haven't been woken up by something trying to kill me!)
-selling donuts at breakfast and making a nice amount of coin off of it.
-being depressed that i was only back to swinging 4 and 2 again. lol
-giving Ella Rea a borrowed silver from Galen to watch her try and hoolah hoop for my entertainment.
-having fun with Ella Rea and then watching Galen mess around with the hoolah hoop.
-going after the dark druid and having my right arm severed. I was just saying 5 minutes before how i had never lost a limb in Travance! Last time i say something like that! i need to watch my mouth or it could be my own funeral!
-and last but certainly not least, right before the cleanup hold talking with Aliester and he was mentioning how he completely bursted this guys bubble and he said "i just kicked this guys puppy" and while imitating punting a small animal his other foot came out from under him and he landed right on the ground! i hadn't laughed so hard all event and at that point i really needed it.

overall i was very impressed. Character wise Pracika was a little down after main mod considering she had to watch her husband fall knowing she could not heal him; knowing she could do nothing to protect his body; knowing she was close to death herself; and knowing that if she went down that Arwed was in good hands. She went out fighting and struggling the whole time, but she feels very inadequate and feels as if she should be better at how she fights and her lack of healing skills. 

"There is a difference between a hero and a coward. A Hero wakes willing to risk death. A coward wakes wishing for it."

OOG: Adi
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
17 Aug 2008 21:59 - 17 Aug 2008 22:44 #6 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic August 2008 Highlights
Wow!  Amazing.  Best Event Ever!!  Ah, the hell with clichés.  This one deserves better.  It was an honor to be on the same stage as everyone else.  No one brought their A game – all brought their career performances.  Think of Shakespeare’s Henry V St. Crispian Day speech.  I am still astounded.

Part 1  The Chess Game: 
Quags, bum ankle, aching back, sweat coming from every pore, arms tired, beaten but refusing to quit, crawling on his knees to engage his opponent.

Logan/Matt as a big pawn in an equally hopeless fight against the Jester’s Queen (Jackie, you played a delicious bitch to perfection – if I wore a hat it would be tipped).  The rolling, releasing your shield, avoiding the color sprays, reaching to hit the Queen for 9 here, 6 there.  Her haughty walk/mince after evoking wind walker #8.  Matt was defeated, but uncowed to the end.  Then there was his Feast Speech.

Aaron, as I promised, reaching the King on the 4th move, jumping, hopping, giving it his all, knowing it wasn’t enough, but determined in his Lizard brain to die trying, doing just that.  Jon, being slightly outfought, confident that he had all the guns, methodically wearing Aaron down.

Alex, playing a knight, giving his all to defeat those trying to set him free.

Getting the match-ups we wanted, but not having the horses.

Plan B – get a rook and bishop together against their King.  Sacrifice everything to get the back to back match.

Andy, typecast beautifully.  One could almost see the insane evil oozing from his brow.  I spoke with him – it was good RP and I had fun.  Thank you, Andy.

Danny/Solomon being Solomon in a hot action, completely played out.  I saw the way to the win after that fight and asked if he could go again.  Tortured look told me to wait a half hour.  He is Solomon Darkheart, but still a mortal man.

Knowing, after having seen Ethan in action, the win was assured if I could get him in a battery with Danny.

Cheering sections, cacophony.  Morwenne’s face as Ethan entered the arena.

Sacrificing Liz/Eos, my Queen, to draw a piece of the Jester’s out of position.  She did not complain, nor did she give me a look – I told her earlier what would probably happen.  She went like a soldier for her baron.

Andy cheating to rearrange the position to avoid the back to back battery of Solomon and Ethan against his tired King, Jon.  Neglecting to have Eos still engaged on the rearranged board, yet she was fighting – I loved it.

Brawls breaking out, my promising that little lizard brain that he will get to fight something again.

Wholesale brawl, spontaneous and widespread.  All that was missing was the Duke slugging it out in the mud.

I GOT THE GOLD AND SILVER SET IG!! 

Game of my Travancean career, with The Master of Games as the Stake.

Our Baron defeating their King was almost anti-climactic.  He was buffed to the gills.  As Kyle put it after cleanup “I think I could take Pesmerga with that buff.”  Maybe we will find out?

More later – I’m still riding the high.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Last edit: 17 Aug 2008 22:44 by .
  • Underwood
17 Aug 2008 22:05 #7 by Underwood (Satyr Brigade)
Replied by Underwood (Satyr Brigade) on topic August 2008 Highlights
Half way through my Tortellini alfredo dinner on friday night, surrounded by Adam (Cael), Mat (Max), and other KR friends, I realized this event was going to be a good one. My highlights were:

-Having the misfortune to be wearing a fancy gold and white mask when the Jester's men first attacked the Inn and subsequently getting stopped by other characters and interrogated multiple times throughout the day.

-having a very long debate about being a vampire, and the many tests of how to prove that I was one, ranging from drowning me in a vat of Holy water to letting Aleister stab me repeatedly in the heart with a sword. Oh, by the way, never use sarcastically say "OW" after getting healed if you are being interrogated for being a vamp.

-watching the chess match

-Sneaking around the battle field, trying to avoid the big and bad monsters in an attempt to waylay the enemies king piece; snuck up behind him perfectly and got him right in the back, he turns around and asks what type of waylay, while I look around confused and say, Normal, I'm level 2???

-Taking an Incinerate to the groin mid main mod, laying on the ground, dying from it, going to logistics and then having them laugh and say it didn't count because it was an illegal hit area. Adding now a fear of fire to character's personality

-Hearing that some priest from the light pantheon and a witch hunters sat down and had a "friendly chat" with Pesmerga who was a real vampire and then thinking back to the group of PC's that wanted to lynch me for being a vampire when i wasn't.

-Doing a diving waylay into the back of the Evil Druid on Sunday with no effect other than royally pissing him off and getting zapped with a lightning bolt for it.

and finally

-Jumping and sneaking around like a ninja striking for 1 damage while everyone else swung Made of Win

Not to sound redundant, but everyone and everything was amazing, once again.

Elias L. Barkey
  • Shiver
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 129
17 Aug 2008 22:24 #8 by Shiver (Shiver)
Replied by Shiver (Shiver) on topic August 2008 Highlights
Travance from a different angle is always nice.

Here's to good friends, new and old, and Kwildar's mom.

Thanks for everyones support for the Putnam Humane society. 

Before it was all done, we went from $600 to $700!  :)

Lucius Blackthorne
Lord of Alisandria

Guild Officer of The Black Orchid Merchant Company

Of the Ram and Raven

“History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."

"The godly tongue distills honey, mankind's tether of amber and gold. This is my verdict.

For neither are kingdoms conquered by iron, Nor dies the mighty by the spear.

Men are felled by what they fail to believe in."

((Joe Bondi-Marketing Officer))
  • Ravanna
17 Aug 2008 22:54 #9 by Ravanna (Ravanna)
Replied by Ravanna (Ravanna) on topic August 2008 Highlights
Kwildar's Mom  "Num num, tastes like chocolate chip!"

Amber Schoch
  • Hadrian Thane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The night is dark and full of terrors.
  • Thank Yous: 3
17 Aug 2008 23:52 #10 by Hadrian Thane (GBino)
Replied by Hadrian Thane (GBino) on topic August 2008 Highlights
Mmmm Kwildar's Mom.. tastes sooo good in mah belly.

/* OOG
* Rob G.
* Rules Marshal, Margrave
*/
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
18 Aug 2008 00:05 #11 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic August 2008 Highlights
Friday night: Chaos Healer.
I showed up to my NPC shift just in time, and heard to pick a class. I saw a lot of people going with a fighter class, and asked for druid. I didn't remember the verbals, so I said healer. I dropped once for everyone elses three. I just walked around, healing people, and no one bothered me.

Saturday:
Spooking Osred at his door for the morning mass.
Pursue training. Way to set the difficulty to young skinny kid full of suger, Steve-o.
The shock when I tagged him a break limb while invisible.
Market Fair was nice.
Learning a new skill, only to learn I can't since I don't meet the preqs. Having enough people shout "stop" every time someone took a swing at Odo for getting the rope onto them. Sorry to those that almost got garroted

Feast was good.
Changing to Dorian and kind of stalling from there. It was mostly a get things done moment spoiled by a self conscious gypsy with personal image issues.
Kitchen time with Quan Liu

Sunday:
Dave Morris Ogre "Break Shield"

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
18 Aug 2008 01:31 - 18 Aug 2008 01:54 #12 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic August 2008 Highlights
Wow...so I am so tired...but am still awake...for a reason Im sure..anyways.

I loved this event. Absolutely loved it. The plot was original (I missed the first plot with these chars so I was glad I got a chance to be in this one)

NPC
-chess match. Everyone fighting each other. It was just awesome. Being told Im fighting Ethan. Proceeding to laugh myself to death inside while attempting to be calm on the outside. The enormous "OMG" when he went phenoix. I loved it. Seeing the town go nuts ftw...

PC
-being taught
-"That is the smartest thing I think you've ever said"...."Thanks?"
-dying....and not caring in the slightest for once...well after vampires entered the mix. Actually having someone risk themselves to do it too was nice.
-"Maybe you're not an idiot after all." yea....same person...diff char...still gets an eye roll....lol
-teaching sooooooo many people sooo many different things  ;D Seriously...I dont think Ive ever taught that much. EVER. It was great and I hope everyone liked their lessons.
-Seeing the look on Ravyns face when I say.."We need to kinda kill someone so I can teach someone something. But dont worry its ok! They shouldnt actually die". Priceless.
-VAMPS. Are awesome. Just saying.
-Honestly thinking of becoming a gaian. Changing my mind when I started to then pray to Andorra in addition to Gaia again.
-Running. Everywhere. Normally this would suck. But the fact that I was able to do it and not be totally winded all the time was sweet.
-BATTLE GYPSY!
-A 1st rnk air spell being soooo useful in main mod. Touch casting on enemies and not really getting hit all that much ftw
-becoming less insane in some ways.

And so much more. I had such a great time with all of you. I sincerely hope I see you all in Sept. Take care!

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
Last edit: 18 Aug 2008 01:54 by .
18 Aug 2008 03:52 #13 by E Archangel (E Archangel)
Replied by E Archangel (E Archangel) on topic August 2008 Highlights
This may be long since I cant sleep but awayyyyy we go...

The chess match and how it turned into a prison riot three times, even getting to start that riot once. i MISS fights like those.

My oog convo with matt white during said chess match:
Matt: Was that Achillies strike in your weapon? If so it needs to be invoked.
Judge (shakes head)
Matt: wait, you need to be a... oh...OHHH (smiles)

Getting knighted was a blast! thanks tommy

Leading the hunting party for the were wolf and rallying everyone to the bandits. it was a very cool moment to be in charge, even if just for a little bit.

EVERY MOMENT I rp'd with Father Osred. You are something else.
Pes: Would you call that a splattering of dead animals, or a plethora.
Osred: A pletora
Pes: Good.
Osred: Actually, I would say it was raining dead animals.
You're sick man HAHA

Alisia, my partner in crime. I cant even begin to say enough about how much you do for me. From getting pes made up to our awesome roleplaying no matter what characters we are. You almost singlehandedly make my events.

Charlie's compliment on sunday during football really nailed home the point i was trying to make as pesmerga. I almost got emotional cuz it reminded me of things people said to people like roger thrash, chuck z, and the old school guys. He said looking into pesmerga's eyes was like looking into the eyes of the devil. i wanted to nail that character down as best as i rembered how and that reinforced it for me. Thanks man.

wally and the cookie fest. i coulndt have given that role to a better person. well done man, well done.

Kate and her unbelievable roleplay. on sunday morning people actually did not have to roleplay to be afraid to look at you. you were perfect.

Matt Quagz, I got a feeling of 4 years ago being out with you. Those moments hold some of my best rp moments of all time.

Stacy and her hands. NO TO MENTION the excellent roleplay of the entire weekend, actually refusing to take off makeup she was having an alergic reaction to just because it helped her get into the character. You are 10 times the roleplayer I will ever be and I am happy to have spent so much time with you this weekend.

Alia and the lesson. and that WAS the smartest thing you ever said.

Kimmel and Tom T, I just enjoy the game so much more when you are around. Our fun comes very soon...

there is probably more but I cant even process the crappy day I had after i left.

But my special award goes to matt white for the goodbye we had at the ugly moose when he shook my hand and said "I'm really happy you're back."

Thanks Matt...so am I.

Judge

Jediah Frost
  • Ella Rae
  • Battle Gypsy.
18 Aug 2008 09:40 #14 by Ella Rae (Ella Rae)
Replied by Ella Rae (Ella Rae) on topic August 2008 Highlights
Battle Gypsy.

The gleam in her eye,
The smile on her face,
Innocence?
You can only hope...

OOG - Morgan M.
IG- Ella Rae aka Battle Gypsy
18 Aug 2008 10:22 #15 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic August 2008 Highlights
Alright, this event was amazing RP wise but all in all this was a 'This is Travance getting smacked by its Karma' event in my opinion and the wrong people seemed to suffer.

I was certainly a Physician and not a Wild Mage this event getting 95% offensive spells when Ilana will only generally defend. This is all probably mixed up order but its what I remember best

-In no real order: Curing some weird rat-invoked disease, setting a limb, and getting to use advanced first aid.
-Brigands and werewolves, oh my.
-Going with a smaller group to a caravan following the larger group that had already left.. to realize the first group had gotten lost and there we were fighting phase spiders on our own for awhile.
-Dissecting a spider head
-In the middle of the night waking up to hearing..something undead-like and me never being so still in my life as one passes by the open tent
---
-Sitting in my tent and getting ready to go out as two ogres come in... thank gods they could talk I just handed them some food.
-The epic battles in the chess match were absolutely amazing I won't reiterate them but you all should get prizes or something.
-Using my Willpower against the Jester and sticking my tongue out at him was probably the most fun I had.
-Missing the brawl due to my leg going all funny
-Chicken and Potatoes, yay.
-Wall maker/Medicine woman, I liked that. Twig and Chief were nice.
-Main Mod was hell... period. At least some did try and stay together. Finally used a boom packet... unfortunately it just pushed back the bad people 10 feet... and I wasted away my magic on shields.
-Ilana losing faith in one she thought highly of
-Staying with Magnus and the others afterwards
-Ilana passing a creepy lady with cookies and wondering who would be stupid enough to take cookies from her as she goes to lay down
-Ilana finding out this is a high number while she's woken up on chance people may be diseased
-Kwildar mom cookies? Wow, just wow.
-Curing an insanity and trying to prevent others from cropping up
-Laying down again and missing Pesmerga (damn)
-Eventually staying up most of the night after being woken up the second time and watching for any other trouble as people slept on the couches.
---
-A bit of RP before Ilana leaves for the Orphanage.
-Being Marney the goblin's student and trying to use big words like him, because he's so smart.
-Apprentice to Zach's Blacksmith
-Corrupted animals and a Dark Druid to end the day.

Was good to see those MIA come back and the newest players doing so well ^^ Hope I can get to next event, the progressive increase of insanity wants me to not miss a one. See you guys in a few weeks.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Aug 2008 12:08 - 18 Aug 2008 12:52 #16 by geezer (geezer)
Part 2

Of Mice and Vampyres

Walking back from bringing Alia through the focus(she, Cameron and myself) and seeing Slack and Pesmerga.  The latter reached through my Sphere of protection like it wasn't there and hit me for 50 direct body.  Quags walking like an automaton was - different.

Later, approaching those two and Kate as they strolled near the Inn.  Seeing the normally supremely self assured Slack hunch his shoulders, twist his head to the side, and say "Yes father" like a little boy was eerie.

Looking into Judge's eyes, when as Pesmerga he told me "If you want to learn about vampyres from a vampyre god, ..."  I truly saw in his eyes that there are worse things than dying.  Even his voice...  Thank you, Judge.  Those two minutes were worth the cost of admission in itself.

Whomever did his makeup has my thanks as well. 

Aaron and Alesia selling toll house cookies for one silver.  People in Travance should have learned from now that "ONE DOES NOT TAKE CANDY FROM STRANGERS."   Really - a woman as attractive as she is (and nicely tarted up, I must add), does not have to bat her eyelashes to get folk to agree to something, unless....

Aaron, jumping around (he does that sooo nicely) after telling folks  that they just ate Kwildar's mother.  Naturally, whatever he was was just about impossible to kill.  Watching people run and retch.

Sunday, seeing how through the artful application of makeup and superb roleplaying, Morwenne transformed herself from a beautiful woman into an unattractive one while expressing her grief for Artis' death.

I pity those who must make the final decision on NPC, Player, etc. of the Event, because there are well over a dozen who deserve it in every category- well OVER a dozen and I am not prone to exaggeration.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

Last edit: 18 Aug 2008 12:52 by .
  • Yue Na
  • McBadASS
  • Thank Yous: 3
18 Aug 2008 12:47 #17 by Yue Na (Yue)
Replied by Yue Na (Yue) on topic August 2008 Highlights
That Dryad on Saturday and Sunday with the war paint. I love your character. I would've even joined the group if I wasn't a McBane.

The chess match which I missed some of was really impressive. I really got to see what you talented fighters can do out there.

The costumes all weekend were impressive. The drow female ( I forget the name, sorry) was one of the many I admired.

Sat morning when Raven cleverly sent NPCs away when we were dead tired from Friday's steady attacks.

The Sat feast was really yummy. I was really surprised that we all had such a great amount of food. The singing was nice too.

Yue Na

OOG: Jenny

"Do healers get extra powers since ObamaCare was passed?! I was going to tell everyone i cant heal pre-existing conditions. "
  • Morwenne
  • She called me the Wellspring!
  • Thank Yous: 92
18 Aug 2008 12:56 #18 by Morwenne (Morwenne)
Replied by Morwenne (Morwenne) on topic August 2008 Highlights
Its been expressed so many times before, but WOW. Thank you to everyone who made this event such an amazing experience.

To Alex and his crew: Thank you! The first chess match was an absolute BLAST! I haven't had that kind of fun in a long time and I know that you must have worked your butts off to make it happen.

All Andy really needed was to walk around with a pencil asking if we wanted to see a magic trick....well done, sir.

I have to agree with Charlie, voting this month is going to be hard.

Another big thanks goes out to Judge and Sean for being the evil geniuses that you are. I can't wait to see October.

Wally was simply inspired as Michael, my partner in crime with the cookies. There was no one who could have done that better then you!

Kate and Tom, you make it so easy to love and hate you both.

Stacey as Tari this month being so obviously agitated that everyone wanted to save Rosa, but couldn't care less if Tari died. I was waiting for you to snap and choke Rosa to death.

Having Ardis play her role as Morwenne's replacement mother to the hilt and then dying on me. So much for the renewals! Its funeral planning time now.

Actually wanting to kill the babysitters I got stuck with, but ended up bonding with Quin despite my best efforts to tune her out. You make her seem so sweet and innocent Emily, but damn does she have a lot of baggage!

I have to say, Bob showing up, over complicating my life, but giving ice cream as a peace offering was one of the best things. Thank you dear!

I feel so bad, but my thought process when deciding to give Giddeon something went as follows: Huh, this would be perfect for him. But he'll most likely die. Oh well. Got to give it to someone.

Ah, and the new wild elf and dryad. I <3 you Steve, shaman storm clouds indeed.

The conversation that catatonic Morwenne was privy to between Nym and Galen. That should have been something just between you two, but it was done perfectly by you both.

Oh god, Osred. The conversation with Pesmerga still has me laughing. Your face never changed, but there was an astonished moment where your pen hesitated for a split second as you took it all in. That whole thing played out like a true temptation by the devil himself.

Really awesome event, I came home and slept for fifteen hours, which is always the mark of "If I go to sleep, I'll miss something" or "If I go to sleep, I'll get gacked." Again, I have to agree with Charlie, everyone brought their A game, or had it brought out of them. Thank you all!

Morwenne D. Archangel-Worthington
Lady of Alisandria
Guild Master

(oog: Alisia, Card Marshal, Story Teller)
  • Secarius
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Cinis et Cinis Pulvis Et Pulvis
  • Thank Yous: 1
18 Aug 2008 13:33 #19 by Secarius (Secarius)
Replied by Secarius (Secarius) on topic August 2008 Highlights
friday night was kinda slow for me. saturday at the chess game was awesome.. I knew I as a pawn had zero chance againt the jester's knight.. so I went in to do what I could.. make him blow some defenses to soften him up as much as i could for the next guy to face him. (tom thank you for giving me the first shot) and I also set a personal goal for myself walking into the arena against a knight "last atleast ten seconds.. which i did.. I lasted 12! -so proud of my self- the 3 brawls that broke out were awesome! never before had I gotten brax so close to berserker rage.. maybe with a little more time i can really flip out as him. hmmm oh yeah Quildar's mom was freaking delicious! and Double fudge chunk brownies!... and getting a non combat all rp character on sunday (farmer steve) was awesome!

thanks everyone for the great rp and great combat!

ALex S.
player of Brax the Barbarian
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
18 Aug 2008 14:08 #20 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic August 2008 Highlights
This was hands down the best event of my life yet!!!  It also happened to be one of the most anticipated events ever.  Thanks Judge.

Friday night was a bit tough, coming in and telling everyone that Kiellor was missing and I couldn't tell them anything about it.  :P The frustration on people's faces when I would confirm things they knew but refused to tell them anything new was so fantastic.

Also with Alex's plot the all out brawls were so fun.  As well as going to protect a little caravan, and coming back to hear I was the new queen.  Being completely terrified as I knew what happened to the last queen and just thinking of how I was going to get slaughtered if it was another one on one battle.

Stacey as Tari this month being so obviously agitated that everyone wanted to save Rosa, but couldn't care less if Tari died. I was waiting for you to snap and choke Rosa to death.

I think this can be the quote of the weekend.  I really think that I was considering the idea.  That or telling Pes he can have me as long as I can kill those who really love Rosa....luckily I realized that wouldn't end well.  :)

Literally all interaction with Judge no matter who he was playing was amazing.  Though it is hard when Judge jumps oog to tell you something, and then jumps back ig for me to tell Ethan.  Though you are excellent at pretending this is all new knowledge. 

My interactions with Pes were amazing, I was so terrified when I walked out of my tent and he was standing there.  It was such a private interaction that really brought 3 people closer together, not in a good way but still amazing.

I loved the tree ent pcs.  You guys were amazing, there was never a slow moment because whenever things would calm down you absolutely showed up to entertain me. Also I've been friends with most of Gavin's pc's but this is a whole new friendship we have going, and I'm absolutely enjoying it forever.

The fact that I went from never seeing Rosa to hanging out with her constantly and wanting to kill her and protect her at the same time, is a new interesting situation but one I love so much.

Getting to meet and interact with pcs I haven't had much time to and getting to know others better.  Sean you always make me laugh so hard.  It seems now I can throw Tom into that category as well.

Judge you are seriously my hero, and I can't wait to see what you do next.  Your plot is not only amazing but it makes me want to almost interact with you and Pes all of the time.  Thank you for the amazing compliment, and I agree that I am so glad that you are back and I finally get to know you better.

The makeup thing.  It hurt so bad, and it looks like I'll at least carry partial markings and memories of Pes for a few more days but so worth it.  As many people yelled at me, and as many times as Judge told me to take it off.  Is as many as he told me how cool it looked.  Everytime I was told that it stung, I didn't have to pretend.  And I'd absolutely do it again, it really helped my rp, and I found myself completely aware of the marks and Pes for the entire event.

Everyone really did great and this really was the best event ever.  You all are amazing

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
  • Wren
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 148
18 Aug 2008 14:14 #21 by Wren (Wren)
Replied by Wren (Wren) on topic August 2008 Highlights
Awesome Event!

Friday:
- Jester minions come into town, battle strategy: DANCE! = never got hit once all battle
- Drinking with Nym in the inn, via Jonas Kanes free shots, having everyone think Satyrs have NO drinking manners,"I didn't get any" lol
- Caravans, Werewolves, and Bandits, o my!
- Assisting in operations and arresting TWO bandits....Aleister: "Take this man to jail", Cael: "WHAT, ME? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THAT?", Aleister: "Figure it out", then charming the bandit and offering him satyr wine when we get to the jail, i was so scared that bandit was gonna kill me lol

Saturday:
- Getting a free staff IG and OOG via Ilana/Mars = much love
- all the roleplay with various people, and all the talks about druidics and religion
- A REAL LIFE chipmunk saving Nym's and Cael's life, Nym going "Your totem animal is definitely a chipmunk"
- All the demon/baby eating talks, big thanks to Bromius for "soul gazing" Cael and clearing his name
- getting immunized to Lizardkin poison - so thankful to Dr. West for that
- flesh cookies and all that craziness and then awesome chicken soup

Sunday:
- lizardkin coming into town and NOT getting eaten/kidnapped/poisoned/murdered by them
- Talking to the goblins to have one slaughtered while talking to me by a overzealous dwarf, healing said goblin, only for him to mime death threats at me while no one was watching, sooo unnerving
- saying "I haven't been hurt at all this feast" and then about five minutes later wolves run into town and Cael gets sucked into a crazy dark druid adventure where he got to beat down wolves, which made him really happy, while being terrified at the same time, big thanks to everyone that had my back in that fight

Overall a great event! Once again having my character develop in ways i hadn't planned was a great joy and discovery

- Sir Wrenton Revlis of Albriar, The Knight of Wands.
Steward of Sagewood
Headmaster of Darkwood Academy

O.O.G. Adam D. (Marshal)
  • Quin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Captain Cupcake
  • Thank Yous: 15
18 Aug 2008 14:38 - 18 Aug 2008 14:44 #22 by Quin (Quin)
Replied by Quin (Quin) on topic August 2008 Highlights
Oooh man,

Agreed. everyone brought their a-game to this event, and it was probably the best event I've been to in 6 months.

Right off the bat, friday night was fun, and my npc shift late at night was pretty good too. Vince yelling out "who wants to be a virgin sacrifice?" and everyone's eyes taking a beeline right to me. Later on, after Wally's npc comes back, he tries to sell me into marriage for 4 cows. You definitely can't read or write!

Saturday during the day was fun, and market faire food was tasty. Had a good conversation with Father Edwin, right before being unexplicaply happy after that. It was funny telling people with a creepy wide grin in a happy singsong voice "my face hurts".

The chess match, and Quin being progressively more and more angry at the jesters' antics. Accidentally pulling my groin muscle protecting Rosa and screaming at the jester to hit me (in order to provoke a fight). Sorry if my screaming freaked you out, andy. Then, fights actually breaking out and Quins' horrible dilemma at feeling rage and very much wanting to start wailing on people. Then the baron fighting, and the perfect win. "Don't worry about healing me, mother. He didn't even get past my armor."

Saying benediction for feast is always tough, especially standing on my leg muscle screaming at me to let it rest. Welsher's speech, then Lex getting lorded and proceeding to knighting Ethan. Very awesome. Resting up before main mod, hobbling back to the inn and Thomas asking me to be a super fighter, and me agreeing for some crazy suicidal reason. Borrowing Fogrom's armor, then proceeding to fight like a crazy person. Accidentally running full-force into Tommy, whoopsie. Running away from a crowd getting wailed on to pull some of them away from people, then bubbling, then running to fallen, then bubbling, then running away, then running back, then running running running....my leg muscles are actually fully sore for the first time in a long time. Passing out in the "cave" right after the battle from exhaustion and lots of people running to me asking if I was ok. Heheh.

Coming back to the inn, and finding out about ardis's death. Shaking Quin to the core, and it's only the beginning of the emotional roller coaster. Burying Ardis, then the whole cookie thing and throwing up and generally being completely furious. Then finding out that Rosa is missing and running out with the baron and draknar...straight into Pesmerga. Mentally coming up with contingency plans to get Rosa back, then all of them flying out of my head as soon as Pes noticed me and running the hell away. Yelling at Rosa. Later on, thowing out all of my mental defenses and Pes telling me the exact thing I don't want to hear. Resisting the very strong urge to run up to him and hitting him with everything I've got (and dying or something worse), walking away and fuming with Cinder.

Sunday and finding Antrim. Bonding with Morwenne. Hooray!
SUCH a fun event.

ps. The football throwing was fun, up until I sprained my finger. Yikes!

Quin K.
It isn't enough to talk about peace, one must believe it.
    And it isn't enough to believe in it, one must work for it.

Emily (MM/RPM)
Last edit: 18 Aug 2008 14:44 by .
  • Fogrom
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 70
18 Aug 2008 15:19 #23 by Fogrom (Fogrom)
Replied by Fogrom (Fogrom) on topic August 2008 Highlights
I'd forgotten how much fun it is to simply play KR. Thanks Alex for giving me the green light to go tear things up on the tomb mod. Specific highlights:

Friday night

Fence session - "We'll get to Jonathan in a minute Orion, but right now the focus is on ridiculing Max over here..."

Shots with Jonas, Orion, Victor, and Nym, and toasting to Brik Brockles and her boyfriend, Dr. Hix.

Dan and I rolling out as two Arkovnian / Germans and giving the town a perception test. I honestly thought we'd be able to stay in the inn with our horribly gored wounds for an hour and no one would be alarmed that we'd gotten them from a werewolf. The highlight of that whole encounter was pantomiming irony to Lord Birnum.

Saturday

The tomb mod, and the amazing timing of Fogrom remarking "well if we have someone who can detect traps and disarm them, shouldn't he be up here instead of all the way in the back-" and then a hold was called because some PCs had set a trap off.

The 'blood in the water' moment when Jonny G's death assassin took Fogrom's sever limb to his leg, and I knew the end was near; a hail of attack skills followed...

The chess match and realizing that I was going to be the head referee, whether I wanted to or not. Sub-highlights from the duels:
  • Slack's acrobatic rolls against the Master of Games.
  • Logan's awesome dive under the Lightning Storm spell by the queen, and the subsequent NASCAR-like audience accident of spell debris flying into the crowd; fortunately the magic circle held the spell in and prevented fan casualties...
  • What Judge said. I'm not often surprised like that when I go to check a stat. Also, the other question I asked him was about the strange name he used for the ritual that he had invoked. Judge's response: "yeah I figured I'd call it that to avoid confusion." My response: "yeah, that didn't work..."
  • The "prison riots", as Judge called them. I kept being blocked out of them because of the magic circle, and then when I'd finally start moving around to join in, the Baron would manage to get things under control. Probably for the best...
  • One editorial note I have to mention at the risk of being a buzz-kill, the duels unfortunately highlighted a too prevalent tendency lately to a) not role-play damage in combat and b) way, way, way underestimate the damage being taken. I'll be discussing the issue with the RMs to see what we can do, but in the meantime everyone can help by role-playing your damage when you're hit, and realizing how quickly your Body Points get eaten up in a combat.

The conversation in the inn with Ot-Gnarr, Nym, Cael, and other passers-by. Repeatedly offering to break people's legs for Nym.

Helping Mother Quinn don Fogrom's armor and then watching her run around calling herself a mini-Fogrom.

The trap I invented for main mod and the excellent effectiveness of the alarm portion of that trap.

Fence session number two, by the lake, eating chicken soup over mashed potatoes and drinking a root beer, and the only other company at the meeting being the moon and a fish picking off bugs that came too close to the surface of the lake.

Sunday

Having Kleidin explain to Fogrom that the sylvan elf and dryad wanted to track Pesmerga and rescue Rosa from him, with her clearly expecting that I would talk sense to them, and instead I just nodded to them and said, "let's go."

Sitting with the Black Orchid company, Cassandra remarking that Ardis died and that it was a shame, and Fogrom being the stoic barbarian and suppressing his very heavy heart and just nodding. Cassandra then remarked that Alia had also died, and that that was a shame also, upon which Fogrom let slip his feelings for Ardis by looking up and saying "no it isn't." I'm often not the world's best barbarian, but I have my moments if you're paying attention...

Rosa taking out her sword and offering it to Fogrom and Ot-Gnarr to kill her, and both of us reaching out to accept it. And the irony we noted about it later, that in being willing to kill her we had demonstrated the most understanding and compassion about her situation of anyone.

Going to help Atrus and Lethias arrest someone and thinking "please resist, please resist..."

Teaching the master profs and body block, and learning a skill from Lethias. I especially love when teaching the master profs turns into a symposium on the subjects with other master warriors chipping in their advice and comparing notes with each other.

Dinner at the Thirsty Moose. But yeah Judge, that was a good moment to cap the weekend with.

Matt White
  • Corvin Ralenfolly
  • The Good Looking Ralenfolly
  • Thank Yous: 43
18 Aug 2008 16:34 #24 by Corvin Ralenfolly (SteveM)
Replied by Corvin Ralenfolly (SteveM) on topic August 2008 Highlights
Hahaha, I had a Great time, and I feel bad for all those I was trying to Communicate with I could literally see Kyle and Brendon, just sighing as they walked over to us putting our hands above our heads shouting Cheif Cheif Chief! whenever there was a problem.

It was fun putting war paint on everyone (Remember no one died who wore it!) , also trying my best to kill Brian and Kimmel and well.. Nature took care of the third problem.

Promoting the Druids with Headdresses!

Chief Chief
Forest Chief
Great Wardancer / Great Shaman / Great Wall Builder
War Dancer / (Insert Type Here) Shaman / Wall Builder / Wall Maker
Brave / Scout

Was pretty Much all the words to come out of my Mouth for a while day.

Kate never let Two (for all intensive purposes)  Screaming Ringtailed Leamer's see bite marks on your neck, were going to tell EVERYONE.

Corvin Ralenfolly

Steve M.
18 Aug 2008 17:15 #25 by Mother Rosa (Kate)
Replied by Mother Rosa (Kate) on topic August 2008 Highlights
Wow, what an event.... I can barely think where to start.

Spent most of Friday comforting Tari and telling her that if Antrim were in the same position she wouldn't tell people anything either. ;)
Seeing all the Jester's men take down Alia while fighting them along with Lizard Thomas outside out tent and being so scared of the psychotic way Andy was pacing around I couldn't even go outside to heal her until they were out of sight.

Going to Osred's chronicler mass and spending most of it trying to talk some overzealous Valosian peasants out of violence.

Saturday market was nice, mass went surprisingly well. The irony hit me much later of a mass on how my weakness was my own and when I stumbled it was no reflection on Gaia. Thank god I said that while I had the chance.

The fights were good during the chess match and the brawls were hilarious. Trying to resist the Jester's fear just ended badly for me. Thank god he didn't think of using that fear again while I was hiding Logan and that necromantic wand inside my divine sanctuary.

Getting to play a banshee in the afternoon tomb mod, being glad Matt White didn't kill me out of game when I banshee wailed inches from his ear. Is it my fault he was dead center of the combat? :)

Being so distraught at feast that I couldn't give benediction and almost couldn't sing (I guess it's convincing if someone asks you out of game if you're okay). Last minute thinking of the most appropriate song I knew for the situation with Rosa's missing love.

Main mod was awesome and also scary. I haven't been so convinced we were screwed since we lost to Fallow. At one point realizing I can't save everyone and still give my undivided attention to keeping Angelica Tellinghast safe. We took the very unspectacular route of 1, 2, 3, run for it to get out of that place.

Later going to get my cloak and accidentally walking right into Pesmerga, I couldn't have made that any easier for him.  :P Rosa falling apart as that vampire picks up on all her fears an insecurities and hammers them into her mind, then topping it off by offering her the one thing she wants, her love back.

Watching terrified but strangely remote while a banshee destroys the altar you worship at. Hanging my holy symbol on the matching Gaian banner and walking away, the final acceptance...

Being amazingly touched by 2 unexpected people, father Osred who offered to put his book away and talk with Rosa as a friend on what had happened and Thomas the carpenter leaning in to her and whispering, "I will stay with you as long as he will let me," and then trailing her walks with the vampire all night. *tear*  :D

Getting up early Sunday and going out to fight anything and anyone who would hold a weapon with me. It was fun getting to be on the other side of battle for once. Rosa being so relieved to see Antrim alive and then so utterly destroyed at his response to her situation that she almost let a couple of barbarians kill her with her own sword.  ;) If there is one thing that would make Gaia angrier it would be committing suicide.

Thanks to everyone who roleplayed with me this weekend, you were all amazing.
Judge, both as Ethan and Pes I had amazing times interacting with you.
Getting to spend time with Stacey for once besides just in passing.
Emily, your reactions and internal struggles as Quinn to "new" Rosa was perfect.
Playing Sunday with Twig and Cheif until they realized I was closer to death than life shaman was amazing.
Hearing the rumor that Lethias and the witch-hunters and looking for me and booking it out of the inn.

Okay, I'll stop but let me just say, I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next. :)

Mother Rosa
Priestess of Gaia

"That which yields is not always weak."

((oog: Kate L))
18 Aug 2008 17:46 #26 by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen)
Replied by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen) on topic August 2008 Highlights
I will echo what many have already said: this event was the most fun I have had in a very long while.

Highlight reel:
- Andy is already creepy looking, so as the Jester he was just doubly creepy.  
- My monthly tactical conversation with Tari turning into basically a scolding.  Why does no one ever listen to me?
- The encounter with Steve and his friend (missed his name) Saturday night.  Due to obvious repercussions, it's not often that I get to play up my hatred to that extent and it always makes for some really fun RP when I do.  Subsequently climbing up a tree so that I could look over the inn and watch them.  It always amazes me how situations like that can thrust you so deep into character that even when you're by yourself, all you can do is think in-character.  It's times like that that make me love this game.
- Almost dying on main mod several times.  It's not often that I truly feel like defeat is a possibility, and it's an awesome feeling to be uncertain if we're going to make it out of a situation.
- Sentient Drow sword FTW.
- Talking to said sword and referring to it as "her" for almost 30 minutes before Kyle turned to me and asked if I was sure it wasn't a "him".  Freaking out thinking that I may have offended it.
- Getting to appreciate how awesome a character Osred is.  Mike really does an amazing job with it and how he handles situations.
- Scheming with a small group of people in the guards barracks until sunrise was awesome.  Everyone was totally into it and it made for awesome roleplaying.

I have to give a huge kudos to Alisia and Wally for their job as Annabel and Michael.  Judge and I had been playing the cookie scene over and over in our heads for weeks, and they nailed the roles.  Alisia was perfectly creepy and adorable at the same time.  And Wally was awesome.  As I painted a huge AM on his back in fake blood it ran down into unmentionable regions and he took it like a champ and didn't complain (too much).  He did a great job going from charismatic and charming and then snapping and being a maniacal lunatic.  They were both amazing.

I also have to give a huge kudos to everyone in the inn during that scene.  We were kinda worried about whether people would just blow it off and not really run with it, but everyone stepped up and did an awesome job RPing a tough situation to imagine.  The RP ran the gamut from being completely distraught to throwing up in the corner, but it was all perfect.  I'm sorry that Judge couldn't be there for the reveal and had to miss it, but I know I can speak for the both of us when I say that you guys did an amazing job and exceeded our expectations.

--Skimmel

Skimmel
RP Marshal, Rules Marshal, Storyteller
18 Aug 2008 17:52 #27 by Mother Rosa (Kate)
Replied by Mother Rosa (Kate) on topic August 2008 Highlights
How can I forget to mention my two most awkward moments this event.

Off-handedly talking to Quinn Sunday morning and without thinking saying, "I have so much blood matted in my hair." I didn't know if she was going to punch me or be sick.  :D

And also, I can't remember how this came up but I think it was during the above-mentioned scheming...
Slack: Rosa, you and I could just elope.
Rosa: Slack, we don't even like each other.
Slack: I like you!

Mother Rosa
Priestess of Gaia

"That which yields is not always weak."

((oog: Kate L))
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
18 Aug 2008 18:36 #28 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic August 2008 Highlights
Oh yea....

Almost killing- or at least trying to- Father Edwin when he said he was going to learn about vampires from a master vampire. I nearly did it. It was the most disgust and anger that I think I have ever felt as Alia.

Being asked on Sunday after telling people how I got criticized for calling Rosa a bad gaian if I *was* a gaian because of what I was saying and doing. Being told I should be one since I nearly was one anyways. Looking at those 2 people and just thinking away...

Talking with Brogan. Nearly leaving town but not doing it because I wanted to talk to Ethan about it before I did. Not talking to Ethan but staying anyways for an ENTIRELY different reason....

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Aug 2008 18:52 #29 by geezer (geezer)
Pt 3
Odds and Sods

Feast was simple and good.  I hate holding up feast for a mod, but Luis came through.

Saturday afternoon RP with Mr. Quin.  We seldom get to speak with each other for more than a few moments, so the 10 minutes of so we had pre-dancing Tori was precious.  Naturally, I treated Quin like any other attractive woman - I fed her.  Conversation goes better with food.

Saturday morning wake-up by two creatures who smashed our door and demanded food.  I told them breakfast would be served downstairs in an hour and they must pay for the door.  They left two gold.

Market Faire was nice as always.  I sold lots of food, a few weapons and ate the delicious food prepared by Diane and MB.

It was wonderful dealing with Joe Bondi on a cordial level.  Shiver pure and simple is into the money.  Lots of gray in him.

Keeping Fr. Edwin's principles.  When Pesmerga made a play for a small part of his soul, he would not leave Alia, because as a Priest of Valos he could not leave another to such a fate.  Having lots of time to consider the repercussions of my action (oh, 3 seconds is a lot of time when one is looking into the eyes of death) and then realizing I would live after all was exhilarating.  Churchill said "There is nothing like being shot at and missed to get the blood flowing."

Explaining to Chief Steve that it is traditional to split the treasure with the person who actually killed the monster.

Opening a new Profession that will further Edwin's chosen path.

Developing new IG friends. 

Playing the best game of chess I have in Travance.  It is one of Charlie's gaming traits that cannot be surpressed - I'm always up for the big games.

THE ABSOLUTELY BEST EVENT of my 24.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
18 Aug 2008 22:56 #30 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic August 2008 Highlights

I feel so bad, but my thought process when deciding to give Giddeon something went as follows: Huh, this would be perfect for him. But he'll most likely die. Oh well. Got to give it to someone.

Gee, thanks.  :P

More highlights I forgot...

Charm - NEVER underestimate how useful it is.  That's 2 mods I've disarmed with it.

Having Kleidin mention something, then commenting Gideon would be better off not knowing about it... about an hour after I learned it from someone else, and keeping my mouth shut for HER sake.

Blueberry Pie.  As heretical as it is to wish this on my own girlfriend's delicious baking, there was a brief moment when I was hoping that Matt would take it as Fogrom, and smoosh the Jester's face with it in a moment of justice.  Fortunately, he did not.  The one small sliver I had was delicious.

Seeing an Uber-Tanked Baron Montgomery, and asking "Can you still move?" as they were strapping MORE armor onto him.

The Disarm / Break Shield trap.  Nice one, Danny!

"Who's going to tell Solomon that Ardis is dead?"  (Silence)

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.860 seconds