August 2008 Highlights

• geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
18 Aug 2008 23:09 #31 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic August 2008 Highlights
<<and keeping my mouth shut for HER sake.>>

Like I was born yesterday.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Inajira
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 22
19 Aug 2008 00:47 #32 by Inajira (Inajira)
Replied by Inajira (Inajira) on topic August 2008 Highlights
What an A+ event!

Friday:

I had a great time playing a werewolf, SO many of you were hunting me down by the end.

Playing Emily's "Father" was hillarious.  "Wahhhhh daddy, you're terrrrible".  Pretty hillarious stuff.

Chasing down the Jester and company as Thomas was pretty awesome, good job guys.

Saturday:

The chess game was so much fun.  Mad props to everyone involved, it was a really great scene.  I'm glad I got to start so many riots.  Playing a pea-brained lizard is pretty simple...I just act like myself for the most part :)

Main mod was really cool too, again it was a really well orchestrated tight rope walk of "Too overpowered" and "Too underpowered".  You guys really hit the bullseye with just the perfect power level for the NPC's.

Late night cookie selling with Alisia.  Judge's instructions were "Just act like yourself" (In so many words).  I suppose it makes one wonder "Do most people see me as a raving loon?"  I REALLY don't want to know what people think about that one  :P  Great job Judge, Alisia and Skimmy and thanks for wrangling me into it.  It was worth the fake blood down my back (and other regions...) for the part.  There's some epic graphic photos at the end of this post to show what "Love of the game" looks like.

Sunday:

Marnie the goblin.  Mars and David were absolutely perfect companions as I was going out as a "Smart" goblin.  Well done guys.

Dark Druid Mod: I griped a little bit about how much I hate putting on makeup on Sunday.  As I'm walking by a mud pit I go "Hey Zach, go smear some of that mud on my face, would you?"  "What did you just say about hating makeup on Sunday?"  "...Shaddup and do it"  Big props to Steve and Sam for figuring out how to kill me in about 10 seconds.

On a final note, I heard I was giving out some pretty rough swings during the chess match.  I want to REALLY apologize, that's usually not my style.  I just got so into it (Read: violent) that I must have been swinging for the fences.  I REALLY apologize to anyone I gave a bad shot to.

Finally, as promised what "Love of the game" looks like.  It looks an awful lot like fake blood soaked into boxers directly down by butt.  Talk about uncomfortable... :)

Angus Grumblegut
19 Aug 2008 01:20 #33 by T. Grumblegut (Yngwie)
Replied by T. Grumblegut (Yngwie) on topic August 2008 Highlights
Damn Wally, how could you forget about the epic robberies?

I'm glad everyone liked the weekend so much, but don't forget all the people who helped me out massively! I couldn't have done it without Keath and Andy, and I'd also like to thank Tommy, Jackie, Jon, Chris and Tom. You guys are all awesome!

Alex T.
Rules Marshal
  • Inajira
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 22
19 Aug 2008 07:48 #34 by Inajira (Inajira)
Replied by Inajira (Inajira) on topic August 2008 Highlights
WOW I really can't believe I forgot my favorite part of this weekend.  It really proves that you don't need a million body to be successful.

So Alex and I go out as two mook assassins with 20 body and a dagger.  We start bursting into people's tents and going "We're masterful killers, so give us all your money!!!!!" and it worked...4 times...

Each time it worked, Alex and I are going "No way it's gonna work again", and by some miracle it kept working.  It was pretty intensely awesome.

Angus Grumblegut
  • Noctra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • &quot;Valar Morghulis&quot;
  • Thank Yous: 0
19 Aug 2008 08:52 #35 by Noctra (Noctra)
Replied by Noctra (Noctra) on topic August 2008 Highlights
I'm so sorry I missed so much of this event. Sucks big time to be stuck in one building. However, Joe, Mike, Ryan and Eric really did an awesome job keeping me company and waiting on me. Thanks Guys!

The roleplaying I did get to do was top notch, special thanks to James and Amber and the absinthe... ;)

I'd also like to take this time to send an extra thanks to Joe for organizing the fund raiser. He truly did a lot of work on it for several months. He even raised money outside of KR to add to the the generosity of our players. Great job Joe, and thanks!

Sister Celestine Tellinghast
Paladin of the White Fox
The Order of the Brilliant Hammer

...and they shall know no fear
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
19 Aug 2008 15:25 #36 by geezer (geezer)
Almost forgot - Mike Dennis washing the mud of himself BEFORE lay-on.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

20 Aug 2008 12:39 #37 by Ardis Dar'Hanna (ArdisDarHanna)
Replied by Ardis Dar'Hanna (ArdisDarHanna) on topic August 2008 Highlights
Fri:
Getting overloaded with bad news from all angles and completely flipping out about it.
"What's wrong Ardis?"
"Oh nothing I'm just convinced now..."
"Convinced of what?"
"That I died back in Winterdark and this is Hell."

Rping my nervous leg insanity so well that Alysia actually thought I was sick.

Me: "I have no idea what character to play next still."
Judge: "You could come in as Ethan's sister."
Me: "That's an awesome idea."
(forshadowing much...)

Sat:
Catching the tail end of the chess match after my shift and watching Kyle kick the crap outta Jon haha.

Feast was nummy.

Nisha's singing always amazing.

Taking care of a "drunk" Morwen and actually giving Alysia a horrid concoction to "sober up" with. muahaha

Saving some lives on main mod and having ppl remember it later when they finally found my corpse.

Sitting in logistics and being regaled with stories of Kwildar's mom cookies.

Double chocolate chunk drow brownies  mmmm

Sun:
Coming in as my new pc and already being completely flabbergasted.

All in all what a great weekend, I'm really looking forward to the next one.

T

T
  • Hiro
  • i am the sleeping wild mage
20 Aug 2008 17:04 #38 by Hiro (Hiro)
Replied by Hiro (Hiro) on topic August 2008 Highlights
ok so no order to these but yeah

1. all the rp for whole weekend
2. feast enertainment
3. actually sleeping in my bed and not on couches in the inn (first time for every thing)
4. cookies just like mom used to make them oh wait made with mom ummmmm
5. chess match and all the crazy happenings along with that
6. helping a man with spiders that attacked his caravan but missing the caravan first time so had to back track to the right one
7. both early morning walks sat morning all bymyself as it was still dark out and sun morning with a group of peeps always fun to learn things about nature
guess that it for now maybe more later

IG: Hiro Makaza Zero

戦争は残酷である。 それを改良することを試みる使用がない。 それがより残酷なら、やがて終わる

War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over
OOG:Chris N
  • Tyra Silverfang
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I eat dark god babies...
21 Aug 2008 13:09 #39 by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing)
Replied by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing) on topic August 2008 Highlights

- saying "I haven't been hurt at all this feast" and then about five minutes later wolves run into town and Cael gets sucked into a crazy dark druid adventure where he got to beat down wolves, which made him really happy, while being terrified at the same time, big thanks to everyone that had my back in that fight

i feel your pain! When Justice (sorry i can never remember your in game name) went down with a severed leg i made the mistake of saying. "Out of the three moons i have been in Travance, I haven't had a limb severed yet!" and then 5 minutes later having the crazy corrupt druid severing my right arm. lol.

"There is a difference between a hero and a coward. A Hero wakes willing to risk death. A coward wakes wishing for it."

OOG: Adi
21 Aug 2008 16:07 - 22 Aug 2008 01:29 #40 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic August 2008 Highlights
Oh, you poor dear!  Whoever did that to you is a <expletive deleted>!  ;D

Even though I didn't PC this event, I had a blast!  Some highlights:

Friday:
-When crazy people attack!  "Why don't you love me, Mommy?  Inflict pain!"
-Late night ghouls having little-to-no effect

Saturday:
-Jimmy Larkin and the DISGUSTING Coast Haven Mudsludges!  Alex... your uppence will come!
-Anthony Larkin the Death Knight
-Being far too hoarse to sing for feast... and singing anyway!
-Mmmmmmm... donuts!
-Main mod was a blast!
-James' con job.  Just as I was about to sleep, James walks into logistics and says to Steve "Zach is my friend.  He's the kind of person that, when you need something done at an obnoxiously, disgustingly, irritatingly late hour of the night... when you really need something done well, you don't have to ask him.  You just need to mention it in his general vicinity and he'll jump at the chance to help."
-Despite the late hour of the night, NPCing the mod boss for Evil Mod was the most fun I've ever had as an NPC.

Sunday:
-Getting to be the NPC who finally baptized Kleidon to Brazen.  Diane, it was an honor to help your character develop. (PS: Thank Mars for the idea)
-Dark Druid mod was great.  Smearing mud all over Wally's face was even better!
-Cutting off Pracika's arm.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
Last edit: 22 Aug 2008 01:29 by .
  • Chris
21 Aug 2008 18:28 #41 by Chris (Chris)
Replied by Chris (Chris) on topic August 2008 Highlights
Alex great event!

I think  you achieved everything you wanted to

I throughly enjoyed NPCing with all of you it madfe the weekend great....

A few quotes from the posts that I have loved so far....

Andy is creepy enough already and now as a jester....

I was all alone with my rootbeer and chicken soup and mashed potatoes...WHO GAVE YOU THE F*&(IN ROOTBEER

We can ridicule Johnathan in a minute....we never did get back to that....

I apologize I apologize I apologize.......quit feeling sorry for yourself wally its not like you hospitalized anyone....oh wait!!!

My personal highlights....

Giving Rosa a bouquet full of daggers

fighting some lizard man until dawn

Promising every encounter I wowuld not disappear and then disappear

Trading beer for bear, deciding fireflies were evil magic, and the poor luck of a character to be named later:

Walking down the path as an NPC about to be assassinated and walking right by Solomen Darkheart who had caught the same assassin in the act the event prior. then watching the look in his eyes when he could not get the flaps closed on the tent!

Oh and starting a bar fight as Radley :)

Alex Andy Jon Tommy Ja-K Tom Kieth

OOG: Chris Arnold
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
21 Aug 2008 22:55 #42 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic August 2008 Highlights
great event in all

"do you wanna start... do you wanna start... huh huh...do you wanna cuddle..... HUH DO YOU WANNA CUDDLE" then seing the confused look on the npc's face as i attacked him after saying that... hehehe

Tea time with pesmerga (sp) and having the jester tell me he likes me... its hard to hate evil people when there so nice to me

poor ardis

Moma cookies...

and of course loosing my mind even farther

lastly thanks to every one who made the event possible i had a rough week and although i was only there for about 16 hours it made my week thanks

(ps great event alex)

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
21 Aug 2008 23:27 - 21 Aug 2008 23:33 #43 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic August 2008 Highlights
Waking up to NPC wolves, rolling over to tell them "go away, I'm tired"

Epic Ball-shot Smite (sorry coop)

Handing over 26 gold to Wally to make him go away, and actually being afraid he'd hit me at my 2 body....

Finally fighting Master Florentine again... only to piss of NPC's by ducking behind my enormous shield.

Sliding down the hill while casting to fully heal Ardis

Nightwing-McBane cabin

Sunday Druid mod, and blowing every single FP I had on Germinate...

4:59 into crit and Galen coming over for the win... ( I had Preserve life, but you didn't know, so that was what made it fun)

Seeing the look on Andy's face when he heard that two PC's were well into Crit.  It was almost as if he felt guilty....

Chess match/ Jailhouse brawl  FTW

Chaotic Madness - Chaotic Alteration combo of craziness

RP'ing said Insanities in the middle of combat...

Liz Reese asking to kill my nephew for the good of the town... and being ready to rip her face off...

Tyrius vs. Rayven.  Enough said.  God I love that shield...

Pracika just informed me that i forot the best part of the event... Aliester kicking puppies then falling on his butt.  :D

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
Last edit: 21 Aug 2008 23:33 by .
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
22 Aug 2008 00:11 #44 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic August 2008 Highlights
Hey now....it worked out alright....you were there....and it wasn't that I had to KILL him...just....put him into crit.....it worked....

Best Lesson Ever

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
  • Doug E
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 5
22 Aug 2008 05:02 #45 by Doug E (Dougal Mcmutton)
Replied by Doug E (Dougal Mcmutton) on topic August 2008 Highlights
my highlight was winning something while i was at home watching the olympics, wishing I were at the event.

OOG: Doug E
Storyteller/Rules Marshal
22 Aug 2008 13:16 #46 by Mother Rhonna (Rhonna)
Replied by Mother Rhonna (Rhonna) on topic August 2008 Highlights
Really great event guys!
This was my first time at this camp and honestly I didn't enjoy sleeping in the tents. Too many spiders. But other then that it was a blast.

Friday:
Had a good time seeing my two friends I brought really open up and get into charecter. Theydid a better job then I had expected and I'm glad they enjoyed themselfs.
Trying to go to sleep on friday and having no luck whatsoever. Every 30 minutes something new would attack our camp.
Seeing Collin run out in his underware to fight wearwolfs and hearing from the tent " 10 damage, 10 damage, 10 damage.....god damn your naked., 10 damage...." That was so funny!

Saturday:
Low lvl mod was amusing. I was all ready to go in there and flirt the pants off of this Jimmy dude and then not being able to do it when I saw that it was Zack. >.<
Rosa's mass was touching and frightingly ominous.
I then made Nym do all the flirting by feeding her lines. "comon Nym, Roll up your skirt, show a little fur...."
Feast was nummy.
NPCing main mod is always a blast.
Gettin a decently good sleep on sat night with the exception of overhearing evil mod taking place like right behind our cabin and beiing soooooooooo afraid to look out of the tent.

Sunday:
Tree dudes we good Rp. the headdesses were cool.
Wandering into the dark druid mod with no weapon. doh
Actualy having a use for germinate. ftw.

IG: Rhonna Mcbane
OOG: Dani Swinick
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
22 Aug 2008 14:02 #47 by geezer (geezer)
<<Roll up your skirt, show a little fur....">>

Norm's Dwarf was ecstatic  "Oh Annabelle, you have such lovely hairy toes, " (Lisa Hill could do nothing but stutter, blush and laugh) and "Fr. Edwin, did you see the hair on that Satyr's legs." 

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

• brik
  • whatever
  • Thank Yous: 14
22 Aug 2008 14:45 #48 by brik (sonya)
Replied by brik (sonya) on topic August 2008 Highlights
rhona is a terrible influence on nym hahaha

oog - sonya m.
  • Bellanear
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 13
22 Aug 2008 21:42 - 22 Aug 2008 21:43 #49 by Bellanear (Alai)
Replied by Bellanear (Alai) on topic August 2008 Highlights
A few I forgot:

- Swinging the same damage my first event as I did after 2.5 years as my last character was interesting, which leads me into my next one:

- in August, 1998, I came to my first KR event, running through the woods with a ridiculous 2 handed sword.  Now, exactly 10 years later, I found myself running through the woods with a ridiculous 2 handed sword.  Everything comes full circle (sort of).

- Re-learning that even though it is far from the most ideal fighting style, the intimidation factor of a greatsword is never to be denied, especially when it's latex, weighs 2 pounds, and you can attack with it faster than a normal sword.

- Learning new techniques for attacking and blocking with a greatsword from Dan.  Instantly going from having 6'+ of reach to being covered crown to shin was amazing.  It's like a tower shield, but narrower.

- Fighting in tandem with Ott-Garr was freaking awesome.  Those spiders didn't know what hit them.

-Bellanear Cyeos
The Alabaster Seal
Guardian of The Ivory Tower

Gavin S.
Last edit: 22 Aug 2008 21:43 by .
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
23 Aug 2008 00:38 #50 by geezer (geezer)
Finding out what the Chess set and board can do for me.  I thought is would make a nice trophy.  HAH.  I am one happy camper.

I will say one of its properties is that I can set up the "giant chess board" (barrier and all) once per Event, so if a festival is held where entertainment is desired, it would be my pleasure to invoke it.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.709 seconds