Festival Highlights

• McDermitt
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Youve not even begun to taste my might!
  • Thank Yous: 30
03 Feb 2008 14:57 #1 by McDermitt (Matt Quagz)
Festival Highlights was created by McDermitt (Matt Quagz)
" Slack and the Baron live in a 27 room mansion and sleep in bunk beds."

Wally fighting Quinn 30's style boxing.

Trying to enter the Mid -level  tournament.

Finishing off Gamblor in the Veterans tournament.

Making it to the finals in the Veterans tournament and haveing an awesome fight with Roy.( I was pretty shocked I lasted)

Forgetting my verbals.

MUD

Deer legs
Demonic Dogs with deer legs.

Sir Slack McDermitt the Boar
Knight of Travance
Steward of Valdalis
Master of the Mages' Guild

oog-Matt Q
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
03 Feb 2008 21:20 #2 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Festival Highlights
I was fearing an event where I'd be at the forge all day - until I realized I was the only one that would wear armor into the ring.  The Tournament was fun up to and including getting mollywhomped by Kyle.  Well played!

Important lessons in Mage Guild Ettiquite by Tari.

Seeing Kwildar enter a new phase in his development.

Tobar's... "hilt" poking out of his cloak.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Gamblor
  • "Everything falls to one cast of the die..."
03 Feb 2008 22:39 #3 by Gamblor (Gamblor)
Replied by Gamblor (Gamblor) on topic Festival Highlights
2 events in a row. That means I'm back!

Highlights:

-"Cheating is second only to Black Sorcery..." That is g-blor's new motto.

-Fighting Slack in the "Veteran Gambler's Tournament." I almost had him.

-Wooing a hobgoblin with a stroke on the cheek... And not getting killed.

-Coming in second in the poker tournament. I was kind of out of it from OOG stuff, so I screwed up the rules a ton at the start. Why were people so suprised I was in it till the end? Granted, I haven't played much poker in the last 2 years, but I still remember it all, and it's what my character is based around.

-RPing with old friends.

- Watching THE BEARDED FURY.

-New shirt. Thank you, Kate. :)

Thank you everyone for a great Festival.

In Service of Lady Luck,
First Gambler of Travance,
Vassal of Drega'Mire,
-Gamblor

"Cheating is second only to Black Sorcery..."
[hr]
[OOG - Chris Camburn]
“Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it.”
-Maimonides, The Guide for the Perplexed
  • LStarling
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Cursed Healer
  • Thank Yous: 20
04 Feb 2008 02:00 #4 by LStarling (Kwildar)
Replied by LStarling (Kwildar) on topic Festival Highlights
Highlights -

The Kwildar Bipolar Emotional Rollercoaster. Gods, he's so... strange.  But seeing him finally dealing with some of the stuff he's been avoiding out of fear, uncertainty, doubt and confusion was amazing, even if he did cry for more than a few minutes. - Alex, Geoff, Diane, Quagz, Craig, Charlie, Liz, Liz, Charna, Emily, and everyone else involved in all of that, I'd like to give you all a very sincere thank you for some amazing roleplay.

More than one conversation about brothels.  I have to wonder about some of you guys sometimes. :)

Fudge, Hedonism Cookies, and 'Messy'. All amazing stuff.

Stew.  Soup. Fooood in general!

Philosophical discussions about Chaos.  Tom, Craig, that was just a hell of a lot of fun.

A diner run afterward, and 'Loopy Mal'.

Lowlights -
This damned cough.  i just wish my lungs would stop complaining.

tripping in holes in the dark and tossing my back out again.... And the ensuing 'Loopy Mal' at the diner run following.

--
Lawrence Starling -- IG
"Really, bee! I don't smell flower-y!"
Malcolm Mallardi -- OOG
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
04 Feb 2008 09:12 #5 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic Festival Highlights
The massive amount of hedonism that surrounded me this festival was just amazing.

Pancakes!!!!!!!!!  That is just so wrong. 
Giving someone a second chance at an impression, and being quite surprised at what I found. 

Almost being forced into hot nights with Tari ;P  Though highly amusing. 

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
04 Feb 2008 12:32 #6 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic Festival Highlights
Five reasons this was a good event.

5: Bromius regaling a crew on how they made it out of the hidden temple. Hopefully, he will tell us the one were the Dreamchylde brothers conquered 'The Crag"

4: That crazy dog and the deer legs.

3: Combat circle. Fun times.

2: Chaos Discussions. I can't wait for a full event to talk about this.

1: Glomm, God of Corruption or Seedy Shyster?

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • Amizar
  • Thank Yous: 47
04 Feb 2008 12:57 #7 by Amizar (Amizar)
Replied by Amizar (Amizar) on topic Festival Highlights
What a wonderful Festival!  Many thanks go to Fr. Edwin for all his hard work putting this together.

I was honored to be the organizer for the fighting competition.  It was a chance for me to get to know many of our fighters, and watch some amazing battles in the mud.  Thank you all for participating in this entertaining event.

I'm very sorry that I was unable to continue, as my associate Gwynedd (a healer) needed heel healing.  My sincere thanks to Galen for taking over when we had to leave.  I'm happy to report that Gwynedd's heel is now healing and she should be back on her feet in about a week. 'Twas just a bone spur.

We're both looking forward to seeing everyone again at the next Baronial Feast.

--Amizar & Gwynedd

Imagination is more important than knowledge - Einstein

IG: Amizar Wuzwhir, Baronial Scribe
Editor Emeritus of The Travance Chronicle
OOG: Paul Shaffer
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
04 Feb 2008 14:44 #8 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic Festival Highlights
I did have a great time!

-Watching the tag team fights and cheering for Victor.
-doing the mass and actually working with the clergy (well some of them). It was a real eye-opener for her and I have high hopes for the future.
-Having Victor actually win was hilarious. The way he did it- priceless.
-Playing a card game.
-Talking to soo many people and finding out things. Making up with Tari again and figuring out *finally* where everything stands with her.
-And theres more. But thats all the time I have to write....

Oh! And thanks Galen for driving me to MBs. Im glad you stayed and had a long chat...even if I passed out 2 hours before it was ended apparently.

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
  • Cameron
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 15
04 Feb 2008 17:00 #9 by Cameron (Galen)
Replied by Cameron (Galen) on topic Festival Highlights
I'm a bad man, because I didn't do my highlights for the January event before I did these.

-Taking over for Amizar as the master of ceremonies.  I'm sorry you had to go, and I'm glad Gwynedd is recovering well, and thank you for letting me take over for you.  It was a huge amount of fun bellowing this way and that.
-Being talked into abusing my newfound power by Bromius and Thomas to create the now infamous "Bearded Fury" match.  Mother Quin, how could you?  You brute!
-The hilarity of a good number of the team battle fights, culminating in the final battle between dearest friends!  Of course, if such dear friends are quick to slit each other's throats, I shudder to think of what they do to their enemies.
-Once again abusing my power to get a taste of all the deserts.  Mmmm...chocolate and raspberries.  ;D
-Finally getting people to play Once Upon a Time and having everyone have a great time.
-Teaching so many people.  I need to draw up lesson plans for all of my skills.  Pay attention class, there will be a test!
-Realizing that I was sitting five feet from a person I was meaning to talk to...a minute after he left.  D'oh!
-Digging myself a deeper hole. ;D
-The pre- and post-game BS sessions with various people, including (but not limited to) THE SUBPAR STAFF BRIGADE, Those not appearing at this event, and anyone else both real and imagined.
-Fun RP with various people
-Once again, announcing the various contests, contestants, and victors, including the victor, Victor, victor of all the victors.
-Despite being such a ham, still being too nervous to actually sing in front of judges and such.  Sorry, but I did bleed some people's ears a little later.

Not a problem Liz.  By the way, I was right, it was overall a minuscule addition to my journey ;) .  I hope that our chatting didn't keep you up for too long and that you were able to go do what you needed to do Sunday.  :)

Sir Not Appearing At This Game
04 Feb 2008 19:19 #10 by Lord Renaudierre (Sir Renaudierre)
Replied by Lord Renaudierre (Sir Renaudierre) on topic Festival Highlights
-Winning Veteran fight, but not by much.  It was a really good fight.  I thought for sure Quagz would win.  But for the rainy ground, and me finally remembering to start insulting him (wish I had sooner) he probably would have.

-Finally getting to RP a bit with William again....don't think I forgot Kyle, 2x...

-When I find out who recommended to James we have a Winner's fight in the dog kennel, oh they shall rue the day...

-I was disappointed that we never got around to the Chessboard event.

In service to Kormyre,

Lord Alexander Renaudierre of Frostguard

~~~
Roy S.
  • Chris
  • Thank Yous: 0
05 Feb 2008 09:39 #11 by Chris (Chris)
Replied by Chris (Chris) on topic Festival Highlights
To quote Quags...Demonic Dogs with Deer Legs.....

For me and those watching...My first fight against Victor...I could not have written a three stooges scene better then that...

Happy Victor took my headband and hid in the shadows...

Watching Slack hit Gamblor with his shield...

Two topless psychopaths throwing down their weapons and duking it out with Mother Quinn...

Learning to play Happily Ever After and since then being haunted by a strange bird in my dreams...

Cooking a second round of stew for people who did not get to eat…

Having a Vet decide that my Elvin body with its sustaining constitution and strength was the best choice and that I could help him in the Tag team battle...or maybe it was just that my very few combined seasons with his added up to 50...Who cares I got to shoot Victor!

Playing Sir Brite Star (Brite Spelled as Rainbow-Brite) in one of the ugliest games of chess ever seen…

Upset that we did not get to play Chess...Maybe James could suspend the monsters from killing us next moon after the market fair and we could play then???

And I never got my Wine Coolers?!!!

Thank you Charlie for letting us use the place…I may say other things about you but I will never judge your hospitality

OOG: Chris Arnold
  • Seamstress
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Sew much fabric, sew little time
  • Thank Yous: 1
05 Feb 2008 22:22 #12 by Seamstress (Seamstress)
Replied by Seamstress (Seamstress) on topic Festival Highlights
Well, my worst fear was confirmed, you KR folks are a strange but likeable bunch.
Although I know I would enjoy dressing up and role-playing, the rules and nuances and all of LARP-ing don't interest me so I'll stick to my sewing. 
Glad you all enjoyed yourselves! 
Tucker, the demonically happy dog was dirt-tired Sunday. 
We have a small-ish collection of stray items, particularly a gray-greenish topcoat.
Tucker wants to know who has his deer leg.

OOG ~ Tina S ~ aka Seamstress
Primary Location 42°42' N, 75°11' W
Preferred Location 18°22'N, 78°14'W
06 Feb 2008 10:53 - 06 Feb 2008 10:58 #13 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Replied by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin) on topic Festival Highlights
My son said that he left his trench there so it may be his.

Had a great time on Saturday and my younger had an awesome time.  Thanks to those who volunteered to be healed by him!

Ardin Silverbow

OOC-Norm B

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
Last edit: 06 Feb 2008 10:58 by .
06 Feb 2008 11:42 #14 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Festival Highlights
Though it was hell to get to the place being lost for 20 mins, finally arrived at Charlie's house late Friday, the people who live around the place are really nice even if they're a bit lost... The festival was a lot of fun and I interacted a lot more then I anticipated I would. Congrats to everyone who participated in events, it was all very fun to watch.

-Firday night playing Halo, beating the crap out of Matt till Charlie's son decided he wanted to watch T.V. and soundly trounced me
-Amused how my arrival to the house was so much how I was going to RP Ilana showing up anyways. (reality collides!)
---
-Waking up about half an hour before anyone else and hanging out with Tucker.
-Morning walk with Tucker and the Seamstress ^^

-Helping out Matt with his 'slave' chores.
-Cooking and cutting. Lots of cutting. Was much fun :3

-Practically pouncing Orion and Efgale in glee.

-Ilana's protest to tag team matches and how magic is just bad in general. Her brief 'career' in them and deciding she'll just stick with cooking and writing.

-Demonic dog and the deer leg, and him almost giving me the thing >.o

-Learning that all I need to do to obtain my goals is be really patient, no matter what happens or what people say... Sounds like Ilana to me. That's easy enough to keep up... right?

-Mykal and Rodemir (probably spelled wrong) were my longest conversation ever... with anyone. Funny to think a pair like them makes Ilana like humans more. The stories were great, good work guys. Really wish we could have checked out William's Leap.

-Everyone who participated in the singing/story telling I think did a good job, I chickened out of both events myself...

-Galen! You sing very well so stop complaining! <3

-Hiding from the Bon Fire IG but wanting to check it out so badly OOG... so having Ilana disappear a bit and checking it out myself.

-Galen's storytelling game. A lot of fun and a good way to wind down the night.

-Getting a ride from Zach since complications arose, thank you Zach, even if you don't like my demonic cats :P

-Knowing in the Knight Realms universe Ilana's enjoying herself cooking up a storm in Mordavia and writing down everything she learns, she needs something good in her life right now.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
11 Feb 2008 12:11 #15 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Festival Highlights
The Festival was wonderfThere wereul, even viewing it inside the chaos sphere of the OOG host.

Tucker, the demon dog with deer legs, had a wonderful time.  As Paul said of Suzi at their wedding "Too good a time."

I did not clean up our bedroom prior to the Festival and had zero concern about the money I left laying about on my bureau.  It was all there at the end.

Bonfire

Winning the Travance Chess Championship, while expected, was still satisfying.

Having the opportunity to use almost all of our serving platters and tureens, which hardly ever get troted out of the cabinets.

There were around 50 people in attendence.  A few food consumption facts:

Figuring stew at around 10 pounds per gallon (being heavier than water)

25 pounds of chicken stew
75 pounds of Beef Stew
10 loaves bread
The veggies with ranch dressing consisted of:
  5 pounds tomatoes
  4 pounds carrots
  4 pounds sweet peppers
600 ounces of mulled cider
160 ounces of Berry juice
1/4 keg of birch beer

And, of course, all those scrumtious deserts.
To top things off, after we ran out of food!! Diane and crew whipped up a quick 15# or so of stew.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
11 Feb 2008 13:30 #16 by geezer (geezer)
Least I forget - thanks to all who helped clean the place.  Even though it is KR policy to leave sites in the same or better condition as that in which they originated, it was heartening to see so many do so much.  Extra kudos to James, Amber, Theresa, Craig O, and Jackie M, the latter who did an entire sink plus full of very dirty/greasy pots, pans, and serving dishes.

It all translates into being able to do it again, if the situation arises.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

• Damien
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 145
12 Feb 2008 14:16 - 12 Feb 2008 14:39 #17 by Damien (Damien)
Replied by Damien (Damien) on topic Festival Highlights
Man, fun times all around  ;D
  • Having Chris wake me up by kicking me out of my own bed  :P
  • Getting there late . . . only to find out we were early  :D
  • Asking Charlie where the bathroom was and him telling me to man up and use a tree . . . so I did . . . several times  ::)
  • Cider.  Mmmmmmm, always good!
  • Learning in the Inexperience ring of combat that the best offense against a shield bearer is not to fight him.
  • The 3 Stooges skit that was my fight against Orion (Chris)
  • Experiencing what it feels like to be a Yo Yo in the Team ring of combat. "Victors up!  Victors down. . . Victors UP!  Victor's down . . ."
  • Being in the final team battle and Orion (Chris) being one of my opponents, running around the 2 heavy hitters each of us hitting them from behind as I chased Chris
  • Learning that when faced with multiple high level opponents the best tactic is stay the hell away from them  :P
  • Actually winning 10 mins of conversation with Count Winterdark, and instead of convincing him to pic me asked him to tell me more about Travance and Mordavia then I think I could have ever learned  :P
  • Running in for the singing contest only to have to run out  (I wish I could have see you all perform :( )
  • Gallon's story telling game.  Much Fun!
  • Sitting around at the end of the night hearing random funny stories and songs.
  • Naked, hairy fight.  Nuff said.
  • Eatting, realizing I eat a lot, then helping to make the second stew.  Nothing like ripping the meat off a dead goose with your bare hands  ;D
  • As always, good friends and good times.

[hr]
Victor Sylus, Baron of Travance
OOG: Damien A.
Last edit: 12 Feb 2008 14:39 by .
  • Gamblor
  • &quot;Everything falls to one cast of the die...&quot;
21 Feb 2008 01:15 #18 by Gamblor (Gamblor)
Replied by Gamblor (Gamblor) on topic Festival Highlights
Any news on pictures from the festival?

In Service of Lady Luck,
First Gambler of Travance,
Vassal of Drega'Mire,
-Gamblor

"Cheating is second only to Black Sorcery..."
[hr]
[OOG - Chris Camburn]
“Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it.”
-Maimonides, The Guide for the Perplexed
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
22 Feb 2008 06:38 #19 by geezer (geezer)
Seamstress sent some to Geoff on Wednesday.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
22 Feb 2008 13:14 #20 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Festival Highlights
Sorry guys this is all my fault. I have not had a chance to do them yet. Ive been writing a book, but ill be done in a few days. I will try hard to get them done before the event, but there is a chance that they will go up afterwards.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
22 Feb 2008 15:51 #21 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic Festival Highlights
Why I'm More Awesome Than You - by James Cool Kimball

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
22 Feb 2008 16:10 #22 by geezer (geezer)
How I Lost My Pants but Kept My Cool

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

• Hadrian Thane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The night is dark and full of terrors.
  • Thank Yous: 3
22 Feb 2008 18:33 #23 by Hadrian Thane (GBino)
Replied by Hadrian Thane (GBino) on topic Festival Highlights

How I Lost My Pants but Kept My Cool

What is wrong with you?

No, seriously.

/* OOG
* Rob G.
* Rules Marshal, Margrave
*/
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
22 Feb 2008 18:53 #24 by geezer (geezer)
James lost a pair of pants at the Festival.

What is wrong with you?

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

• JoDios
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • That guy with the muffin hat.
  • Thank Yous: 0
22 Feb 2008 20:11 #25 by JoDios (JoDios)
Replied by JoDios (JoDios) on topic Festival Highlights
James C. Kimball.com: How I Would Have Done It
or
How to Get Long Flowing Locks

OOG: Jo
22 Feb 2008 20:26 #26 by Jacob Kanane (Jacob Kanane)
Replied by Jacob Kanane (Jacob Kanane) on topic Festival Highlights

How to Get Long Flowing Locks

Introduction by Sam Roberts

Brother Jacob Kanane
Templar of the Order of the Mailed Fist

(oog) Rob Irving
  • Kendrick
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 4
22 Feb 2008 23:59 #27 by Kendrick (Kendrick)
Replied by Kendrick (Kendrick) on topic Festival Highlights
Shattered Dreams - The Andy Griffith Story

Brother Kendrick Maeldun
Paladin of the White Fox

oog Chris K
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
23 Feb 2008 17:28 #28 by geezer (geezer)
For the win

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

27 Feb 2008 12:15 #29 by WayaMilenko (WayaMilenko)
Replied by WayaMilenko (WayaMilenko) on topic Festival Highlights
Soap In The Eyes: The Life and Death of a Shampoo Model

Waya Milenko

(OOG-Clint)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.803 seconds