March Festival

• Daedri
  • Thank Yous: 1
19 Mar 2008 18:03 - 19 Mar 2008 18:26 #31 by Daedri (Daedri)
Replied by Daedri (Daedri) on topic March Festival
What highlights?

To stress a point, were all making a pretty bad name for ourselves in regard to getting to know new people through this game. How many of you were this good of friends before KR gave you a place to get to know eachother even better than you already did. Or gave you a chance to laugh at eachother or yourselves for the really stupid things we all do when were larping it up.

I think that everyone who works up the courage to say "You know what, I bet it would be a lot of fun to play make believe for a weekend" deserves a chance to build the same kind of relationships that the 'old timers' did.  I did not know a single solitary soul coming to KR the first time. But I like to think Ive made a few friends in my relatively short time.

I can roll with the punches, I can also swallow my pride and admit to quagz that I touched on a sensitive subject and that I was sorry.

I learn new things about people everytime I interact with them, but you will never know everything about everyone.  Most people think its hilariously funny to walk up to me and instead of shaking my hand, they will touch my concave chest, or pectus excavadum. I'm a grown man, who earns a lot of respect form the people he works with and deals with on a daily basis, nobody walks up to me and touches my chest. But I allow many of you to, because I understand the casual type of repore you're trying to gain with me, which is fine.  There may come a day when a subject arises that I am not comfortable with, and when that happens, I will do my best to let you know in a collected and mature way. And I just hope the next time I push someones button, they offer me the same courtesy.

Thanks.

Daedri Elensar
Shipwright to the People

Craig Odell
Last edit: 19 Mar 2008 18:26 by .
  • Damien
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 145
19 Mar 2008 18:46 #32 by Damien (Damien)
Replied by Damien (Damien) on topic March Festival
Can I touch your chest, Craig?  :P

[hr]
Victor Sylus, Baron of Travance
OOG: Damien A.
19 Mar 2008 18:53 #33 by Jacob Kanane (Jacob Kanane)
Replied by Jacob Kanane (Jacob Kanane) on topic March Festival

Robb- Who are you to bust on incorrect spelling. This isn't 6th grad English spelling test. Go watch the Colbert report :'(.

Fair enough, I honestly thought Charlie meant to write 'kiss on the cheeks.' Never heard of a 'buss on the cheek' before.

Matt White's right and I'll try to tone it on the 'hypersensitiveness.' I think I need to stop reading the boards at work.

Brother Jacob Kanane
Templar of the Order of the Mailed Fist

(oog) Rob Irving
  • dedrite
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • For the Emperor!
19 Mar 2008 21:06 #34 by dedrite (dedrite)
Replied by dedrite (dedrite) on topic March Festival

...my head hurt reading that.....

Did someone say Piggy-Peterson is playing again?!?!?!?!??!?!?

Indeed.  Move already!

-Brother Knight Templar Sabatheous Tellinghast-
Knight Templar of the Order of the Brilliant Hammer
Holy Inquisitor of the Church of Kormyre

Crudelius est quam mori semper timere mortem

"Nothing is ever forgotten"

((Joe Bondi-Marketing Officer))
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
20 Mar 2008 11:41 - 20 Mar 2008 12:01 #35 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic March Festival
Just so there is no misunderstanding, Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary 1976 (that's A Merriam Webster, the scrabble player's bible) under buss says "kiss."  Too bad scrabble is anacronistic.  I do have a leather board.

Quas and I have busted each other's chops from day one with Chuck (which I abhor) and Quas, as in imoto.  We genuinely enjoy one another's company.

Yeah, it seems I get worked over a bit on the boards (others have mentioned this to me in private), but its not like I don't put myself in that position.  My personality is at times grating. :)  I call to mind Benjamin Franklin's conversation with John Adams in 1776.  I wouldn't have put Rob's posting to hypersensitivity, but rather to a different set of ethics, given his comments on some of my other posts.  So long as it does not extend to people's IG treatment of my characters, there is no problem. 

These differences go back to my concept of friendship.  If one thinks my post was creepy, then obviously that individual does not know me at a particular level.  No judgment - just lack of knowledge.  If one thought I wanted Matt to post pictures of vampishly clad women in his embrace, ditto.

It is one thing to choose my words carefully, but I will not water down my writing to assure that no one reads it wrong.

Craig's comment about personal space and touching brings up the LARPers minefield.  Personally, I am very selective with whom I embrace in the game - even those with whom I have become close IG.  I desire no misunderstandings.  Having played in an adult themed vampire game or three, that was the key rule.  There were scenes that only worked because the people involved discussed ahead of time the level of intensity that would be employed.  That would not work in KR, but it is part of my attitude toward the touching aspect.  Given my age in particular.

Ugh - I'm tired.  It was a long night.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Last edit: 20 Mar 2008 12:01 by .
  • Fogrom
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 70
20 Mar 2008 15:37 #36 by Fogrom (Fogrom)
Replied by Fogrom (Fogrom) on topic March Festival
I just want to clarify a couple things about my post.

First, I did not intend for anything I said beyond the first sentence to be directed at Jess. There were two distinct thoughts in that post, the first being that I thought - without anything more attached to it - that Jess unfairly interpreted Charlie's post. The second was everything else.

And regarding that second part, I'd like to make two other clarifications:

One, I didn't intend to come to Charlie's defense, per se. The person that I felt got the harshest treatment was Craig, and I'm glad to see that was resolved. But my statements weren't intended to defend either of them, or even both of them; they were intended to defend everyone that comes onto these forums, tries to fit in, and sometimes gets rendered into a chew toy because he or she fails to immediately parse our community's etiquette and our relationships. There is no road map to getting along with as diverse a bunch as we are, but as Craig pointed out what we do is so damned odd that anyone coming along can't be blamed for thinking that he can fit in. Of late, it has just seems like some people have been overreacting to what other people do or say, and, worse still, interpreting everything those people do or say after in the worst possible light - never giving them a chance to learn to ropes and start fitting in.

Two, I only said what I said because it is my firm belief that none of the people I was addressing actually want to be like that or intend to come across that way. For me to bother saying something critical of a person is proof that I think highly of him or her. I don't waste my breath on people that I don't care about. So I appreciate the responses that have been made so far, here and via PM, because it reaffirms my belief that we are all as fine a group of people as I like to think.

Finally, Paul's answer to my rhetorical question gave me a good laugh in the way that it really made no sense whatsoever. A+ sir.

Matt White
  • McDermitt
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Youve not even begun to taste my might!
  • Thank Yous: 30
20 Mar 2008 16:26 #37 by McDermitt (Matt Quagz)
Replied by McDermitt (Matt Quagz) on topic March Festival
we are all new at some point.

Ive been part of KR since event #1
but I was still a Noob in the eyes of the vets back then.

Some treated my well and I learnd a lot from them
others Ill never forget for there assholeness

Hell Tommy and I hated each other for the first year

Sir Slack McDermitt the Boar
Knight of Travance
Steward of Valdalis

oog-Matt Q
  • Andy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 157
20 Mar 2008 17:59 #38 by Andy (Andy)
Replied by Andy (Andy) on topic March Festival
I still hate tommy.

-andy

-Sir Hurgar
Knight of Pendarvin

-Andy
Rules Marshal
  • Jasmina
  • Thank Yous: 0
20 Mar 2008 20:22 #39 by Jasmina (Jasmina)
Replied by Jasmina (Jasmina) on topic March Festival
Arent we suppose to be talking bout the march event???? ??? :-X :-\

Jasmina or as some people just call me Jasmin

(oog- Cerra)
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
20 Mar 2008 20:27 #40 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic March Festival
I rallied with hundreds of other masked avengers to strike down a money hungry, demon on society. Around the world others joined in as well on this cause, we the faceless voicing the truth they don't want you to know.

And I called James "Waffles.".

I had fun.

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • Chris
26 Mar 2008 09:07 #41 by Chris (Chris)
Replied by Chris (Chris) on topic March Festival
Eat your MAMA...

And the above for mentioned crack is not directed at Quagz, Mat White, Sam, Craig or Charlie, or any aforementioned person within this post whom my statement may offend...

It is only that I copyrighted the phrase "Eat your MAMA" on a very hazy night on Bourbon streets in Louisianna. I have contacted my publicist, and she agrees, while we will not seek monetary retribution at this time, this post is now a legal and binding document in regards to the copyright status. Future references must cease and desist immediately.

but these days you can get a dog-pile of stern criticism just for cracking a plain vanilla joke at a guy

2 points for Mat White

And Quagz this is not a diss on your mother as mine is very sick as well, but I am just curious...What is it that you ate?

Oh and before I offend anyone with the above proceeding comment since my previous statment balances on truly vanilla crossed with a little chocolate sauce for flavor. I like Quagz very much and implore him for the tenacity he has shown in dieting off 50 pounds...(Go RED SOX!)

OOG: Chris Arnold
  • McDermitt
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
26 Mar 2008 19:52 #42 by McDermitt (Matt Quagz)
to lose weight

I cut out 100% of the BS

NO FAST FOOD
no cheese
no anything that taste good
its all poison

I ate 3 bowls of special K a day
only ate grilled chicken breat, ground turkey (i can never eat this again) and sometimes very lean meat.

I went to the gym 6 days a week and walked 2-4 miles.

The biggest motivation was the fact that I was in a contest much like the biggest loser where i could win money. That and I didnt want to lose to my buddy who was talking so much sh1t.

Id be down to do another contest if anyone here wants to challenge me. >:(

Knight of Travance
Steward of Valdalis

oog-Matt Q
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
29 Mar 2008 16:21 #43 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic March Festival
If you bet with me, Quaz, we weigh out twice.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • McDermitt
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
29 Mar 2008 16:48 #44 by McDermitt (Matt Quagz)
???

Knight of Travance
Steward of Valdalis

oog-Matt Q
  • Daedri
30 Mar 2008 01:51 #45 by Daedri (Daedri)
Replied by Daedri (Daedri) on topic March Festival
This is your brain on drugs.

Daedri Elensar
Shipwright to the People

Craig Odell
30 Mar 2008 09:25 #46 by Jacob Kanane (Jacob Kanane)
Replied by Jacob Kanane (Jacob Kanane) on topic March Festival

This is your brain on drugs.

A+

Brother Jacob Kanane
Templar of the Order of the Mailed Fist

(oog) Rob Irving
  • Gentleman Jas
  • Wine, Women, and Song.
31 May 2008 17:08 #47 by Gentleman Jas (Gentleman Jas)
Replied by Gentleman Jas (Gentleman Jas) on topic March Festival
Wow Im late with this but ere it goes! Highlights for me were as follows
1. throwing myself 10 feet back every time I got Body Blocked
2. My hardcore excercise regiment.
3. Getting my leg broken by a Chaos Warriors bare hands
4. Almost being Killing Blowed, but was saved by a most awesome maneuver by Magnus.
5. Being told not to become like Magnus after pulling a body to safety.
6. Seeing everyones face when I seemed interested in the Chaos Warriors offer of 2000 gold to help drop the walls protecting us.
7. And last but not least seeing one of the chaos warriors actually take a bite out of a pine cone.

"Any thug can stab and grab, but a perfect scoundrel has panache, you must do it with a wink and a smile."
IG: Gentleman Jas
OOG: Kevin Maphis
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.591 seconds