April 2010 Highlights!

• Secarius
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Cinis et Cinis Pulvis Et Pulvis
  • Thank Yous: 1
12 Apr 2010 18:44 #31 by Secarius (Secarius)
Replied by Secarius (Secarius) on topic April 2010 Highlights!
Friday: snow really? REALLY?!?  got to have good rp with khitans and the dragoons.. unfortunately.. the dragoon stuff caused me to miss the khitan stuff..
not being completely worthless against the soul harvesters.. however taking a "harvest your soul to the chest friday night was not fun.. luckily jackie was there with her Gaias embrace ... THANK YOU! friday night.. was SOOOOOOOOO cold.... i didnt know what woke me up more.. the wind banging the windows, the cold or the uncomfy "beds"

Saturday: had a blast on the mushroom stomp mod... and getting a simultaneous dirty look from oryx and Rose when i cast a spell. morning patroll with Kamen warclaw .. AWESOME! um.. bob plot.. nuff said.. feast was awesome sauce love you jackie! =3  finding out about how Brax/me won the "worst barbarian award" and how a drunken Jim Bob roasted me when he accepted for me.. getting to be the Main Mod plot hook with Malcom.. cuz his back was hurting and my knee was bein dodgey... finding out just how epic main mod was with Knightly intercepter something squad.. and the tenacious defenders V Gwar... lulz were had.. then goin to bed cuz i was tired and NOT being cold cuz i had to be a space heater...

Sunday: getting to hang out with the draegamire crew. was fun. oh also RP time with Philliden.. awesomeness. um... yeah was amazing to get to see so many pplz again i missed you all. cant wait til may =3

ALex S.
player of Brax the Barbarian
12 Apr 2010 21:16 #32 by SerenityMoonstone (SerenityMoonstone)
Replied by SerenityMoonstone (SerenityMoonstone) on topic April 2010 Highlights!
Is this from last event?

~A group of adventurers discover some giant mushrooms~

Drumbadon: "Mmm, I wonder what they taste like."

Hiro: "I don't think that's a good idea."

Drumbadon: "Oh yeah?! And why not?"

Hiro: "They're half as big as you, and bright orange."

My name's Ahmetia Campbell and I am so happy to be here! ^_^
  • Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Half of an analysis....is anal.
  • Thank Yous: 0
12 Apr 2010 21:29 #33 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
Replied by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC) on topic April 2010 Highlights!
Highliights:

1) Friday night Cardinal/Barbarian meeting mod. We knew it was a trap, walked into it, faced uber outrageous barbarian demonoids, and all chaos ensued. I LOVE when the super powers have to run. It was AWESOME to have everyone scattered, somewhat scared and seriously wondering who was missing and bleeding out in the dark. Great angst.
2) Being told by Shalok and the Baron on two different occasions during the friday night mayhem to hold a path by myself while the various groups tried to find eachother. I didn't think this was wise (two is a better number as if one gets jumped, its more likely the second can run for help) but we were scattered and facing seriously tough creatures. I was pretty honored that I was trusted, or thought to be tough enough (or maybe I was just expendable...lol)
3) Meeting some new Pendarvin people, and seeing the group start to grow a little.
4) Getting swamped for smithing requests, always fun, but not so much I couldn't get out and about and join in on the plot
5) RP'ing with some new people
6) Having two different groups of people come up to me for help with...ahem...problems. Helping them get justice (or moving that ball forward).
7) Dougal, good team work. We'll do more of that ;)
8) Truly starting the path towards learning a higher list, and by someone who I think turned out to not only be the perfect choice, but will make it awesome rp'ing. Looking forward to it Matt.
9) Being approached by Vince & Steve when they needed someone for an important mod role. I hope I did it well, and I appreciate the confidence. Anytime fellas.
10) Compliments aplenty on my garb and armor, thank you for them all. Still working on stuff as $ allows and also time heh. Old school larp/crew of mine lived by the edict..you could be uber...but it didn't matter unless you also looked cool. Words to live by...words to live by.
11) Nice feedback on the amulets/brooches I'm making. Gonna be taking that to another level for any of the households that want them :)

Lowlights

1) Having to leave early when I was having so much fun. Working Sundays sux (at least its for the Jets!).
2) Near total lack of sleep Fri eve (cold, people who yap all night lol). Thank goodness for multiple 5 hour energies lol. Next time I'll just slap on a dozen caffeine patches heh.
3) COOOOOOLD. Bathroom....cold.....bathroom, cold.....decisions, decisions.
4) Bringing good cold weather gear...not bringing a sleeping bag. Sigh...
5) Having a leather item I made not fit properly. I never want a customer walk away unhappy, and there simply won't be a first time. It'll get done right!
6) taking a diving roll when I ran to the forge to help when it was attacked, and totally lost balance during the full tilt run. A nice landing at least in the roll out...though the french judge only gave it a 7.5, lol. Aging sux. Thankfully I was wearing a ton of armor, god I love the stuff.

Looking forward to the next event!!!

OOG name: Mitch
Master Runesmith of Pendarvin

Don't let the grey hair fool you...wait scratch that...DO let the grey hair fool you.
_____
I make leather armor and various items for sca, larps and dagorhir. Here's my photobucket: s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csmo/
12 Apr 2010 21:34 #34 by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas)
Replied by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas) on topic April 2010 Highlights!

• I loved late night NPC shift.  Running as a Grim Guardian covered in latex scars and horns was a blast.  I actually saw some looks of fear or concern before combat began (even with some high leveled PCs).  Thanks to everyone who complimented the latex/scars/makeup.

YES! Loved, loved, loved every minute of it! ;D

Rupert the adventurer

OOG: Cody Robert Queen
12 Apr 2010 21:40 #35 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic April 2010 Highlights!

Is this from last event?

~A group of adventurers discover some giant mushrooms~

Drumbadon: "Mmm, I wonder what they taste like."

Hiro: "I don't think that's a good idea."

Drumbadon: "Oh yeah?! And why not?"

Hiro: "They're half as big as you, and bright orange."

Nah, that was last year's February event
Drumbadon was awesome.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
12 Apr 2010 22:43 #36 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic April 2010 Highlights!
Awesome second event for me. As expected, I was able to get much more involved than I was last month, and as a result, had an even better time of it.

Highlights
-Some great RP with various celts and gypsies over the course of the entire event. Ashling and Paetros were exceptionally fun to talk to.
-Meeting more goblins! Iz'tel was great. "Remember to always waylay responsibly."  ;D
-Showing up to defend Kaladonia from barbarians. Billiam with 3 broken limbs seeing me and going "Goblin! Carry me back to the fight!" He'd attack something with his one good arm, they'd defend and turn their back to me. Great synergy there.
-Finally meeting some characters that could become very essential to my development.
-Awesome sparring with Cyric, learning how to parry a polearm with a dagger is win.
-The return of my Sack o' Jerky(tm)...had a couple people fighting over getting some >.>
-Hearing quite a few people tell Winks that he's their favorite goblin, sometimes in front of the other goblins...talk about awkwardly awesome...
-Main Mod combat was loads of fun, even though I went down twice...might be time to buy some more body points hehe
-Learning how to read with Lois Maxwell "A is for Ale, B is for Beer..."
-NPC shift Sunday was loads of fun with my lizardkin poisoner, but Kamen hits hard lol
-Good conversations after the event both during cleanup and at the Mug

See everyone in May!

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
  • Kendrick
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 4
12 Apr 2010 23:22 #37 by Kendrick (Kendrick)
Replied by Kendrick (Kendrick) on topic April 2010 Highlights!
Been a while since I posted something like this, but this was a very fun event for me.

For the record, the Knightly Interceptor Safety Squad was thought up during the feast.  We figured if we get Gwar, we give KISS!!
And yes, some people do actually want to be Peter Cris, thank you very much.

That was the most fun I've had IG in a long, long time.

I have never seen so many NPC's and it made for a really fun and challenging main mod.

Being the stick in the mud on pretty much every topic in the baron's council meeting was also very enjoyable. It helps me get to know my own character a little better even after all these years.

Witnessing a miracle at said meeting as well came out of nowhere. Edwin and Kendrick agreed on something that no one else did.

Jackie's pot roast = meaty love

The sena-strut as performed by Rubious is ridiculous

The grand entrance of the KISS army was an epic moment I will remember always. It wasn't the most dramatic moments in KR lore, but a hell of a lot of people really enjoyed it.

Brother Kendrick Maeldun
Paladin of the White Fox

oog Chris K
  • Hadrian Thane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The night is dark and full of terrors.
  • Thank Yous: 3
12 Apr 2010 23:34 #38 by Hadrian Thane (GBino)
Replied by Hadrian Thane (GBino) on topic April 2010 Highlights!

And yes, some people do actually want to be Peter Cris, thank you very much.

/* OOG
* Rob G.
* Rules Marshal, Margrave
*/
  • Tiriel
  • Banned
  • Banned
12 Apr 2010 23:40 #39 by Tiriel (Tiriel)
Replied by Tiriel (Tiriel) on topic April 2010 Highlights!
Gonna skip the usual junk, as we all know it's nice to see everyone again, etc. etc.

Highlights of the event:

"She's a DRYNAD"

Learning Demon Lore, and to those who were part of that, it was a very nice, quiet LARP moment, the kind that sets off the epic dramatic moments so nicely.

"I think she dropped dead at the sight of him"
"Ohh, that happens all the time, right Marcus?"
/runs

Meatapalooza

And anyone who saw the RP between the Count and Sir Blackthorne was truly blessed with THE highlight of the event.  Cherish that moment.

T

Brother Tiriel Tellinghast
Valrkirin Urulokion, in service to Lord Blackthorne
Turin MacLeod (NPC)

Terry
12 Apr 2010 23:42 #40 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic April 2010 Highlights!

Saturday: Barbarians GALORE! Chaos warrior etc etc. I soon fell in-love with the fact that i was basically a barbarian. Enjoyed being ego bait for the PC's  ;). Under domination i was given a second chance to live by the mercy of (omg i forgot your names except for wolfgar lmfao) and i started to think of a history for my future PC that i pray will show in the next event.

By the way that was me Slightly Sane Billliamm/ William McKraegar

I would like to say this is by far one of my favorite events, so to start with my favs and unfavs.

Friday
+ The transformation of barbarians to crazy gwar demons it was way cool.
+ Teaching my chaos apprentices Peatros and james lore chaos on the stoop of the inn
+The hood flip and oog thought is that sleasy p martini
+ great rp with gypsies and friends
+ reuniting with celt brothers
+/- Late night mod will discuss more at end
+ Great rp with tari, victor, ardentfyre, barak, alisair, the baron,  and many other but those are the ones that stick out.
-being dominated to sit there and do nothing
-so many broken limbs

Saturday
+delaying the barbarian horde for like 10min so kaladonia could muster and get reiforcements
+goblin carrying me to finish the battle
+Giving an npc chaos warrior barbarian a chance at redemption
+Galladell baptism amazing
+sweet rp with Zafrin in the morning
+Baron and Billliamm talk...
- always getting interupted
+The Hiberneons or whatever those celts are called
+Getting insanity suppressed and running around declaring my love for hobbits and how can someone be afraid of hobbits
+Kaladonia 10 course meal... I mean potluck
+3 hour needed nap after feast
+FEAST
+Teaching to Brawl to Laurel and Grizzle
+ Learning Brute from the Npc and having my celt family jump in
+ NPC duty Travancian Massuesse Guild. Charms and teaching pcs the skill.
+Main Mod going one on one with the Mod boss. Made me feel like I made a difference
+ The aguaran priest on main mod claiming Billliamm is a worshiper of Malyc and after defeating him saying "May Galladell take your soul"

Sunday
I cant think of anything in particular

+/- friday night mod... Yea tried to celt through a low level plot and were stopped by higher levels. It would of worked but that is how things go. Even though the result of us being stopped kind of made us low levels feel useless, it did provide for some very excellent rp. So I like and dislike what happened on friday night.

I would like to thank Steve and Vince because this weekend was a blast. I felt as a low/mid level character very useful. I know my friends who are low level had a blast. The transformation of barbarian to demon was really cool and shocking, it wasn't till a bit after the mod to realize they were gwar. The plot was conveyed well and the barbarians felt like a threat to travance. Thanks guys again I had a ton of fun.

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
  • Naranbaatar Aiki
  • Will generally just drink tea and eat sashimi
  • Thank Yous: 158
12 Apr 2010 23:49 #41 by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi)
Replied by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi) on topic April 2010 Highlights!
This being my first event at KR I had loads of fun

Highlights:
-Actually being able to bring Whubbles into fruition is a major plus always wanted to roleplay him ever since his creation from DnD days.
-NPC'n as a barbarian and have some awesome well roleplayed fights with people. As well as me and kevin coordinating our roleplay together to try and setup some scary atmosphere. Also that one last fight with that barbarian vs barbarian felt really epic because of the awesome roleplay.
-Meeting new people is always a plus
-Whubblebagging creed xD
-Main Mod fight was fun and excitingly chaotic

Lowlight:
-FREEEEEZZZZIIIINNNG
-Confusing people as to what I was(First time putting on makeup like that)
-Not being able to go on any mods except main mod :[
-Getting into a fight with a rock

I hope to be able to attend future events if work permits it

Naranbaatar Aiki
Squire to Count Sebastian Everest, Warden of Kormyre
Former Warlord Castellan to Corvencia
Legionnaire Commander, Kormyrian Army
"In service to the people"

OOG Name: Robert "Ira" Torres [MARSHAL]
  • Portia
  • Thank Yous: 2
13 Apr 2010 10:31 #42 by Portia (estark01)
Replied by Portia (estark01) on topic April 2010 Highlights!
Fun to be back.

Highlights:

-Helping various people pen love letters, then seeing the reactions when said love letters were delivered.
-Learning Kwildar's views on sex.
-Demanding cake from Misaki while on NPC shift.
-new pouch!
-Getting yelled at for abetting the besmirchment of nobles (although this was also terrifying), and having Apollo sort it out because "I speak people."
-Having word of the latter get around and Portia gaining support of the people.
-All the scholars back in town -- fun to see you, Rudolf, Ming Na, Father Osred, Lois. Come back soon.
-Main mod with hot chocolate, indoors, while laying down.

Lowlights:

-I missed Kiss, and Gwar.

Portia "Nosy McGee" Rom, Chroniclerite
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Cursed Healer
  • Thank Yous: 20
13 Apr 2010 10:54 #43 by LStarling (Kwildar)
Replied by LStarling (Kwildar) on topic April 2010 Highlights!
Meh-lights -

Snow in April. Hyper cold in april.

Missing the great GWAR/KISS clash due to my back whining more than I would like.

Highlights -

There was so much good this event, it's hard to describe.

Every moment of RP with Barack Tellinghast - Pure Gold.

Kwildar deciding to promote fellowship in his own life, and the reactions this brought.

Typhon - You sir, are pretty awesome.

Kwildar, Aleister, and a bottle of Elven wine provided by Elazar.

Darkheart roleplay, and the return of The Nightmare Priest! ;-)

James the Rogue - You sir, too are quite awesome.

... Everything to do with St. Astrid's Day.  I have to thank each and every one of you out there in KR-land.  I personally have very little resources at my disposal, and most of my plans for anything KR related tend to be quite spontaenous, so while I personally did not have much planned for an Andorran holiday, everyone in game made it just come alive. 

I was awed, and glad to be a small part of it.  Especially when all that was publicly written about the holiday for a very long time was an oft-forgotten sentence buried in the religious rules.

Lowlights -

Kwildar not receiving a candygram from anyone.  What's an Andorran have to do to get a break? *sadface* ;-)

--
Lawrence Starling -- IG
"Really, bee! I don't smell flower-y!"
Malcolm Mallardi -- OOG
13 Apr 2010 15:28 - 13 Apr 2010 16:33 #44 by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli)
Replied by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli) on topic April 2010 Highlights!
Oh god where to begin. This event was all kinds of awesome!!!

*Right after lay on was Khitan plot!! ^_^
*Getting to actually be useful during Khitan plot! (darn you Kamei for not being able to fight well..)
*Keeping everyone from getting killed, that mainly goes to Tir though =D
*Getting to see my friend Hazel in game again ^_^ <3
*Getting to see everyone again! (always my favorite part)
*Letting Mae Fang use me as her "prop" for healing. Left Arm Broken: 2 times, severed once. Right arm broken: 3 times. Why does everyone want to know how to heal limbs?!
*Getting my armed severed, and having it getting handed to Maricka, who looked like she was going to be sick.
*Giving said arm to Misaki as a "present" XD Face was priceless
*Burning said arm after the fun was done *sad face*
*Decorating our cabin full out! It was truly Khitanese, hopefully getting more decorations soon
*Being woken up at three in the morning by Ogres, "SMASH DOOR", they came in...sniffed Mae's blankets, and left.....*shrug*
*Saturday night, being woken up at four in the morning after just going to sleep, by a girl screaming for help. Two people from the guard coming up to us, finding out they're not part of the guard. Having them call us cowards when we shut the door on them.
*Same story- having Sir Aleister, Tari, Raxas and Sir. Cinder joining us in our cabin after this little mishap to make sure nothing else went down. They went off with Baoyu and Misaki and found that they were nothing more than mere thieves, oh well, back to sleep we went! lol
*Getting spoiled with these gifts: Sake set from Mae, A beautiful necklace from Mae, A glass rose I asked Hamish to buy for me, A glass rose given to me by James Shooter,and Another rose given to me by Professer. Cypher. Thank you all <3
*Giving a glass rose to Brother. Kwildar, he looked so happy and it made me feel all happy inside =D
*Arguing with Misaki is always fun, we got to do more of that since all the Khitanese stuff was going down.
*Roleplaying with Hamish! =D
*Listening to Mae and Hamish sing outside while relaxing in the sun
*Getting to speak more with Maricka at the bar, while she was being asked to dance by Camin.
*...Camin asking me to dance for him once he finished escorting me back to my cabin, that didn't happen...XD
*Being attacked by Grim Guardian's right before getting to my cabin, and laying there until they were taken down (how  much body did you guys have?!) and I was almost into crit. that was an awesome feeling! lol
*Getting to meet new people is always very nice ^_^
*Most of all: BEING USEFUL, it was my first year anniversary, and it was one of my only times of being useful to where i wasn't a burden and getting people killed, or getting killed myself =D
*Being too lazy on sunday to get dressed in my kimono, and borrowing Baoyu's shirt to run around in. It was very comfy, I think i'm going to make one =D
*FEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
****MAGNUS'S CANDY GRAM! Oh, my, god. I don't think i've ever laughed so hard in my life! XD
*Goblin manicure =D
* Masseuse guild. I absolutely adore you for doing that Ian, it was sooooo needed

NPC:
*Getting to play a barbarian.
*Getting a sore throat and losing my voice a bit
*"RRRAHAAAHHHH!! MUSHROOOOMMMMSSS!!!"
*Getting being bossed around by Steve XD That was awesome
*KIZZ vs. GWAR? awesome XD
*I think this was the funnest NPC shift i'd had
*Singing before the mod to get us amped up, even though I was kind of a party pooper telling everyone to quiet down, especially after Damien told us we had too

Lowlights:
*Snow? Really? At least it didn't last long
*COLD! >.< Thank god for many many blankets and a nice warm fire
*Kaladonia's ginormous hill (my legs are screaming at me still)
*Allergies...bahhh

Overall, this event was AMAZING.

[Kamei Kunsai, Vassal and Health Administer of Kaladonia]
[Luminista Petsho-Aeislin]

(oog: Shannon F.)
Last edit: 13 Apr 2010 16:33 by .
  • Misaki
  • Dark Sith? Where?!
  • Thank Yous: 23
13 Apr 2010 17:04 #45 by Misaki (cbodnar)
Replied by Misaki (cbodnar) on topic April 2010 Highlights!
Wow!  First of all, major props to everybody who made this event happen the way it did, especially Steve and Vince.  You guys did an awesome job and should be royally commended!  And now, highlights!  ;D

Friday Night
-Getting right to Khitan plot from Lay-On.  Sitting there with the courtier was pretty intense since it was Misaki's first encounter with anything Khitan plot related
-Getting to kick some other-Khitan butt and then followed up closely by Oni fighting.  That was pretty rough
-Stacy and Sonya, you two have greatly reminded me of why I am so bad at working with little kids.  However the roleplay was pretty awesome.  I owe you two cake next time for the amulet  ;)
-Returning to the Inn only to be bombarded by a billion and one questions.  I kinda felt a bit like Sorel.  lol

Saturday Early Morning NPC Shift
-RP-ing a scout named Jonathan Stetch and listening to the Celts' plan to infiltrate the Veniir outpost.  Proof once again that Gene and Ian have it going on with the RP
-Rp with my fellow Veniir tribespeople about "Leader's mask" and "Not wannabee!  Willbe!"  That was awesome
-Following that up with the Ogre B without the E squad.  I never thought that just going around and smashing doors in would be so much fun!  Would definitely mod again, A++ on our parts  ;D
-Know what the best part about doing NPC 2-6am is?  You get 4 magnificent hours of sleep following that.  MLIA.

Saturday
-My Khitan wake up call with Mae, Baoyu, and Kamei all actually beating on Misaki.  He walked away with his BP half gone!  Jerks  :'(  lol
-BECOMING A WITCH HUNTER!  Yes, I realize Misaki's life span just went down by a good many years, but c'mon.  He gets to study under Magnus.  That's pretty flippin' sweet.

Ok, so a Grim Guardian or two and a phase spider show up at the Inn and just before Misaki is about to get into battle Kamei comes over and hands him her severed arm that got replaced by a new one.  This opportunity being too good to pass up, Misaki grabs the arm, starts laughing like a battle-crazed maniac, and proceeds to beat up a Grim Guardian with a severed arm.  This only goes to show, careful what you do around Misaki.  You might witness something beyond strange (and cool XD)

-finding Ethgail and almost going after him full force.  Grrrrrr Ethgaaaaaaaail
-RP with Julian with a stupid grin on my face after hearing that some old Dragoon techniques are making a come back
-Getting to see Antrim do a Ritual of Attunement.  That was pretty neat.

Main Mod
-Gwar vs the Knightly Interceptor Safety Squad (KISS) and the Tenacious D(efenders) and Dragonforce....'nuff said
-Tag teaming with Creed, Billium and Toravisu to deliver a whole new world of pain against the Cardinal.  Steve, I'm so sorry that the new dragoon list ganked you  :)
-saving a few people by dragging them to healers between chasing after the cardinal.  Even getting thanked after the battle by one of them with a free drink!  It's nice to be the good guy.

Saturday Night
So after getting my blankety-blank handed to me by the one Grim Guardian's older brother from the one I beat up before with a severed arm (remember that?  yeah, that was cool), I get back to the cabin where I'm staying and suddenly there's screaming.  I hear what sounds like Naturi at the door so Baoyu checks it out.  It's a trap! (Thank you Admiral Ackbar)  He slams the door, I hold it shut with Strength +2.  A couple moments later, Aleister, Tari, Raxas and Cinder show up freaked out.  We decide we're gonna go and hunt these things.  Tari turns invisible, the rest of us are armed to the teeth and ready for an epic fight...turns out that they were just three simple thieves.  Well played guys.  Well played.

And can't forget the Dinner-Bob mod right before this.  De-licious!  Thanks again Bob!

Sunday
-realizing just how much money I made over the weekend: over 15 gold.  Awesome.
-RP with Kamei and realizing just how cranky she is towards Misaki.  S'ok, can't win them all.
-sparring with Random Fighter NPC #4 and winning, but giving back the winning profits so he can support his family.  Such a good guy  :P

Lowlights
With the re-write of the Dragoon list, having to hold off on Spirit of the Dragon until next event.  Pretty big let down after all the hype for this event, but it's ok.  I'll have to get it sooner or later.  He he he he....  ;)

Misaki Xianlu VonRitter, the Nemesis

Vassal of Pendarvin

"Evil Must Be Destroyed"

13 Apr 2010 19:30 #46 by Oryx (Oryx)
Replied by Oryx (Oryx) on topic April 2010 Highlights!

Highlights of the event:

"She's a DRYNAD"

*looks left* *looks right*

Well, as far as I know I was the only Dryad at the event. So...is that intentionally spelled wrong? and if so, buh? and if not, what'd I miss?

"When they're gone out of his head, these words, they'll be gone, everywhere, forever. As if they had never been."

~Mother Oryx the Dryad
Faithful Voice of Gaia

OOG: Paige C.
  • Sargoson
  • Banned
  • Banned
13 Apr 2010 20:21 #47 by Sargoson (raalin2100)
Replied by Sargoson (raalin2100) on topic April 2010 Highlights!

Highlights of the event:

"She's a DRYNAD"

*looks left* *looks right*

Well, as far as I know I was the only Dryad at the event. So...is that intentionally spelled wrong? and if so, buh? and if not, what'd I miss?

Cause she's not a wetnad

-Ryan Alin
13 Apr 2010 20:37 #48 by Cecilia Blanchette (Cecilia Blanchette)
Replied by Cecilia Blanchette (Cecilia Blanchette) on topic April 2010 Highlights!
I had a great weekend!!

So friday:
I spend the night at the bar and get kitty drunk.
they tell me i can t go on a mod cause my character is TOO drunk =[
i get carried back to caldonia where i get left till 2

Saturday:
I sit by the forge and watch people spar.
go back to caldonia where we get attacked and i am forced to scout for tobar.
i get a gem out of a barbarians underwear!

Main Mod:
We sing pokemon and rickroll.
april fools mod!
and i do double shift afterwards where i become a a thief and get roleplaying points for making our own mod and screaming!
afterwards i get locked out of the statehouse =[

Sunday:
i learn more about the enax religion (which ill join)
and im getting adopted by cain! (so ill be a daughter finally lol no more lonely kitty)

"Do I...hit her?"
"NO..1 she is a girl, 2 she is adorable!!"
--
OOG: Gabby Lonzson
  • Naranbaatar Aiki
  • Will generally just drink tea and eat sashimi
  • Thank Yous: 158
13 Apr 2010 21:46 #49 by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi)
Replied by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi) on topic April 2010 Highlights!

i get a gem out of a barbarians underwear!

Hahaha hey barbarians need to hide their most precious stuff in the most safe spot xD
Im still laughing about how someone actually thought to ask there because usually noone does xP

Naranbaatar Aiki
Squire to Count Sebastian Everest, Warden of Kormyre
Former Warlord Castellan to Corvencia
Legionnaire Commander, Kormyrian Army
"In service to the people"

OOG Name: Robert "Ira" Torres [MARSHAL]
  • Oryx
13 Apr 2010 21:54 #50 by Oryx (Oryx)
*shakes head sadly*

I should think you'd be able to come up with more intelligent ways of passing the weekend, being as experienced as you apparently are.

Unfortunately, standards of friendliness and maturity cannot carry into a pretend world when they are not exercised in the real one.

"When they're gone out of his head, these words, they'll be gone, everywhere, forever. As if they had never been."

~Mother Oryx the Dryad
Faithful Voice of Gaia

• Tiriel
  • Banned
  • Banned
13 Apr 2010 22:08 #51 by Tiriel (Tiriel)
Replied by Tiriel (Tiriel) on topic April 2010 Highlights!
Relax, it had nothing to do with you, it was a misquote, followed by a doggedly stubborn insistence that the scholar had heard correctly.

The Drynad in question was Charna, and she's actually a Satyr... but you try convincing Gabriel Von Druke of that, by now he has firmly decided that she's a Drynad, a mix of Dryad and Naiad.  And not to be trusted, as she seemingly vanished from our table during dinner.  Like a ninja.

Maybe she's a Satynja?  ;D

T

Brother Tiriel Tellinghast
Valrkirin Urulokion, in service to Lord Blackthorne
Turin MacLeod (NPC)

Terry
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
13 Apr 2010 22:29 #52 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic April 2010 Highlights!
Plus... it just sounded weird and funny at the moment it was said... at stupid o;clock in the morning.  I think it's a "you had to be there" moment.  ;D

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Oryx
13 Apr 2010 22:36 #53 by Oryx (Oryx)
haha fair enough. thank you for the diplomatic response. and Satynja is complete win!

~Oryx

~Mother Oryx the Dryad
Faithful Voice of Gaia

• Sargoson
  • Banned
  • Banned
14 Apr 2010 07:21 #54 by Sargoson (raalin2100)
Replied by Sargoson (raalin2100) on topic April 2010 Highlights!

Plus... it just sounded weird and funny at the moment it was said... at stupid o;clock in the morning.  I think it's a "you had to be there" moment.  ;D

You forgot the 48 Pints of Ale we drank

-Ryan Alin
14 Apr 2010 14:02 #55 by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli)
Replied by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli) on topic April 2010 Highlights!

and i do double shift afterwards where i become a a thief and get roleplaying points for making our own mod and screaming!

You guys were AMAZING! You woke us up down in Kaladonia and gave us quite the scare! I'm glad you got RP points for it =D

[Kamei Kunsai, Vassal and Health Administer of Kaladonia]
[Luminista Petsho-Aeislin]

(oog: Shannon F.)
14 Apr 2010 16:05 #56 by Cecilia Blanchette (Cecilia Blanchette)
Replied by Cecilia Blanchette (Cecilia Blanchette) on topic April 2010 Highlights!
thankya  ;D
i was very proud of my acting. the whole time after we hit a house dustin would catch up and be like OMG YOU ARE AN AMAZING ROLEPLAYER.

we woke up so many people that alesthar(sp?) and a whole group of high levels came searching to see what was going on, haha.

"Do I...hit her?"
"NO..1 she is a girl, 2 she is adorable!!"
--
OOG: Gabby Lonzson
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
16 Apr 2010 11:55 #57 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic April 2010 Highlights!
First things first - Jackie - you rock as a cook!  Believe it or not, at least one person never had pot roast before.

General - it is good to see some useful loot targeted at the lower levels.

Highlights:  Friday night with the "parlay" with Cardinal Haigan and Carnegy. Being Horatius at the bridge.

Walking through all the baddies with my cowl over my face and no one questioning who I was.  Could have been dicey.

Having to go back once it was determined that Haigan had been captured.

Best moment, even if there was a touch of OOG to it.  The temperature is in the 20s and the monastery leaks like a sieve.
Around 4 AM Shen "carries" a dying Quin to the monastery. "Can you help her Father."
Me "Quin looks a lot like Lathien."
Aaron "That's because Emily is freezing her balls off and I volunteered to be her"
ME "Triage.  Should have her up and about in 15 minutes.
Aaron "15 minutes.  Let her die!"
me - "I have a Gaia's embrace somewhere in one of my pouches, but I will be hung if I'm getting out of bed to find it."
Aaron "Fine - rip it up in the morning."
Ah, common sense prevailed

Teaching Creed how to cook breakfast.  First thing.is to start the sausage, then...
Watching the Count fight with nothing held back at main mod was interesting.

0 dark hundred and I hear a noise at the door.  "Who comes?"  No answer as the door opens.  Me  "Speed cast Perfect..."  Other "Its Ziegmund!!"

Lots of excellent RP with many, but this upper resperatory thing is kicking my butt, so later.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
16 Apr 2010 14:10 #58 by Gabriel Llopiz (Xenas)
Replied by Gabriel Llopiz (Xenas) on topic April 2010 Highlights!
Yeah, sorry about never having had potroast before that event, but look at it this way: best potroast I ever had!

Anyways, hightlights!

THE highlight of the event was the Pre-lowbie main mod RP'ing. The barbarians were fighting each other, grunting, and screaming "MUSHROOM!!!" and battlecries into the night. It was an amazing thing to be part of.

Other highlights:

being discovered by Lorelai in the inn and having a spit take. Good fun.

Fighting off soul harvesters and dying! Was funny though.

Crushing mushrooms, then telling everyone that sitting on a "tomb" was disrespectful to the dead.

Lowbie goblin mod. DAMMIT!!

Lowlights:

cold on Friday.

All in all, fun event. Can't wait till may.

Always a pleasure,
Felix Suarez
[OOG: Gabriel L.]
16 Apr 2010 21:08 #59 by Baoyu Kunsai (Baoyu Kunsai)
Replied by Baoyu Kunsai (Baoyu Kunsai) on topic April 2010 Highlights!
Highlights:
-Khitan Plot, Damien you did an amazing job and I want to say that if I had to for some reason left saturday morning my weekend would have already been fulfilled.
-Kaladonia nobles' combat training; Squires vs. Erdrick.
-Tag team grim guardian defense with Kamen
-feast: amazing pot roast
-escaping assassins
-getting attacked a billion times in Kaladonia by all sorts of barbarian, goblins, grim guardians, thieves, orangutans, and breakfast cereals!
-Weekend Plot
-Attacking Misaki wake-up call
-Every time i turn around there are new khitanese; rabbits.

Lowlights:
-kaladonia has a really big hill, times 10 trips, times already being exhausted before lay-on
-basically being exhausted all weekend
-getting lost in kaladonia before lay-on

OOG: -Adam C. Schaeffer
  • Hugo
16 Apr 2010 23:34 #60 by Hugo (Hugo)
Replied by Hugo (Hugo) on topic April 2010 Highlights!
First-ever Knight Realms event!  I had a blast exploring the town of Travance and meeting the best and brightest.  I'm hoping to be back ASAP for more adventures; 'till then, here are some of my favorite moments from the weekend.

Friday:
-Got into our cabin to find the resident druid had decked it out with a trellis of prop vines.  Made me feel at home in Travance right away!
-The trip in, fraught with undead, gave me all kinds of opportunities for in-character cowardice.  Also heard two goblins running around among the skeletons.  Almost too much excitement for one Hobbit to handle.
-Sausages at the Inn with my larger, more imposing friend Utgardt, then eventually a gypsy newcomer and Walker.  Hobbits are always down for sharing food, and we got some pretty amusing stories out of the deal.
-Expressing admiration for the Dragoons (“You mean Dragoons are real?”) and being subsequently introduced by Miriam to every Dragoon in the inn.  Best advice came from Caiman:  “Don't die.”  Also had a fun time brainstorming possible matches for Demetri's giganto key-necklace with Ashling, Miriam and others. 
-Something huge and nasty came up to the tavern door roaring and chowing down on heroes.  Later I got a couple different explanations.  Soul Harvesters?  Fire Drake?  The fight was entertaining to watch from inside the inn at least...
-Late-night fire near the Drega'Mire statehouse brought out some fine Barbarian gents and a couple Celts.  Before we turned in we got a chance to chat with these warrior-types about mages and their various despicable deeds.  Then something shambled across the path and every single heavily armed warrior heads off to investigate...leaving myself and Iz'tel to guard the fire.  Probably the most tense moment I spent on my feet all weekend.

Saturday:
-NPC shift was incredible.  I got to be a crunchy piece of cannon fodder all four hours and I loved it.  Hugo doesn't often mix it up in close quarters so I relished the chance to play first a troll, then a crazed barbarian.  Most hilarious moment of the shift:  myself and five other trolls/ogres bear down on Lord Erdrick, alone in the woods.  He gets both his swords out and tells us, “I wouldn't recommend it.”  Subhuman monsters that we are, we all circle around and take a few critical swings...only to be lit up and utterly shut down in the span of ten or fifteen seconds.  Two other NPCs (of the intelligent variety) come on the scene, totally speechless.  Brilliant.  Also someone gave us cookies during the NPC shift.  Props.
-Getting an enchantment lesson from Gideon was a really cool experience.  Hugo's whole reason for being in town is to learn new magic, so, mission accomplished.  Plus—bonus—being near the forge allowed me to listen in on some more powerful members in town, who had some more interesting tales to swap.  Apparently Malyc (the god) is named after Malyc the citizen.  Who knew?
-Utgardt and I had a good time talking with Ilana and another wild mage (thanks for the armor gent...sorry I'm blanking on your name!) about the nature of the Weave and the birth of the gods.
-Feast was amazing.  Really enjoyed the entertainment and of course the food was delicious. 
-Main mod was nuts-and-a-half!  Don't think I've ever been so legitimately creeped out by an IG event.  The chanting/howling was really unsettling and I wasn't sure I'd make it out alive.  I only scraped through thanks to some inspired surgery and the sheer diligence of the Travance body-squad.  Seeing KISS beforehand only added to the crucial badass factor.
-Spent the rest of the night relaxing with elven wine and the massage guild.  Sweet deal.

Sunday:
-Pretty chill day...we slept in late and mostly walked around tying up loose ends, socializing and working on breakfast/dinner.  Before I knew it we were breaking down the inn props and getting ready to head out.  Did get stomped by some lizard-things after being told that only the weak monsters show up on Sunday.  Not the case!  Thanks to those who came by to help us.

Only low-lights:
-Freaking...cold...especially Friday night.
-3 Body = not a lot.

Thanks so much, everyone, for a wonderful experience.  I'm eagerly awaiting the next event.

JH

IG: Hugo, Hobbit Enchanter
OOG:  Josh Harrison
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.748 seconds