May 2010 Highlights

11 May 2010 16:13 #31 by Gabriel Llopiz (Xenas)
Replied by Gabriel Llopiz (Xenas) on topic May 2010 Highlights

Hate with love?

It's certainly quite possible.

well if Creed can love something to death, I think anyhing is possible.

Always a pleasure,
Felix Suarez
[OOG: Gabriel L.]
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
11 May 2010 17:35 #32 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic May 2010 Highlights
One barbarian and two fire mages step into a circle........

Wonderful wonderful chopsticks....I'm still amazed and amused

All of the sudden bodyguards I have, and the amount of Creed, where were you, Tari was unprotected, again....as said people run away leaving me behind :P

Alluding said bodyguards every chance I got ;) 

Feast was delicious and wonderful plate spying

Very unexpected and serious talk with Elezar, one of my favorite RP moments yet with you. 

Tumbling lesson talk with Atrus and Lethias Sunday morning, as well as all of the votes of how to no longer be a glass cannon.

Impressing all my new interesting friends with Illusionary magic

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
11 May 2010 17:42 #33 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic May 2010 Highlights
Merely an observation - there was plenty of toilet paper available, just none willing to transport it.  The Kitchen Staff are not your parents.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Ninjin Khun
  • Death by Cookie!~
  • Thank Yous: 0
11 May 2010 18:34 - 11 May 2010 18:38 #34 by Ninjin Khun (Ninjin Khun)
Replied by Ninjin Khun (Ninjin Khun) on topic May 2010 Highlights
+Going there my first time
+Meeting so many kind Khitans willing to help me and not kill me, so many were ready to kill me.
+Khitan Story Plot
+Being praised for my Khitan accent and RP

+Getting electrocuted
+Getting thrown
+Getting dominated twice
+Getting caught on fire
+Getting knocked out nearly 16 times
+Getting Paralyzed and arm eaten off
...Wait why are these positives?

+Creed praising me for battle
+Watching Magnus, my good friend, get sung to at Feast
+Sitting with goods friends Aleck, Alexander and Jekyll
+Bucket of Meat Mod
+Collected Firewood for Inn
+Watching the Dragoon Aleck slip and fall and squelch out the torches of the goblins! Hahahaha!
+Magnus paying my taxes
+Running away with Aleck's weapon around the Inn! And then passing it off to other people. Hahahahahah!

- THE COLD
- Being low level but that will pass
-Waking up to a Racoon... (-.-)

Ninjin Khun (Chanin Jaksarn)
Honor bound to House Zero
Runaway from Kingdom of Night
"How can someone like me see the light, when I was born in the Night."
Last edit: 11 May 2010 18:38 by .
  • Aleck
11 May 2010 19:01 #35 by Aleck (Aleck)
Replied by Aleck (Aleck) on topic May 2010 Highlights
What a weekend.

Friday Night
+ Loving the fresh air.
+ Getting all ready with my character
+ Seeing Sam with 16 other people trying to open up her car for 2.5 hrs then somebody using a longsword to open it up.

Saturday
+ The RP during the morning was fun.
+ Running after goblins for the small Goblin Mod. Naturi and I taking on 3 of the goblins randomly.
+ NPC Shift was super fun, basically dumped myself with green paint then black paint.
+ RPing with Ninjin and Jekyll my good friends.
- Burning my wrist trying to clean the stove (Not doing that again)
+ Main Mod was fun till I fell down. When I fell with my bowl of water though right after the fire was dowsed.
-Sleeping through Bucket of Meat Mod. I don't know how I did that.

Sunday
+ Waking up to a Dire Racoon. Was pretty interesting.
+ Actually guarding somebody during the morning on the way to the Inn.
+ Right before the Clean-up Hold had a great RP with a couple of people.
(I have to stop letting people run off with my pole arm)
+ I forgot who...but a mage casting Heat Object on my weapon then having people piss on it. It was funny though.
(Got to stop letting people piss on my weapon.)

There was a lot of things I probably forgot. It was an overall fun weekend despite the cold.

OOG: Rei Borrero
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
11 May 2010 20:23 #36 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic May 2010 Highlights

I forgot who...but a mage casting Heat Object on my weapon then having people piss on it. It was funny though.
(Got to stop letting people piss on my weapon.)

Sorry it was just laying there I had to...... ;)

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
  • Ali
  • Those Who Hear Not The Music Think The Drummer Mad
  • Thank Yous: 36
12 May 2010 00:09 #37 by Ali (Nutmeg)
Replied by Ali (Nutmeg) on topic May 2010 Highlights

At the current moment Nutmeg is both horrified and delighted by the town.

IG:

+People trying to convince Nutmeg to live places
+People's reaction to Butter tarts
+Watching Tarn learn to write and read
+Role Play with most people
+Teasing Billiam until it got boring.
+Resting in the sun (which is also OOG) always go go go its nice to sit back and relax once in awhile
-Nutmeg living through and attack on the monastery (((I've never been so afraid in my life)))
-The drow seeing Nutmeg
- Paths are way to rocky to go properly barefooted
+Nutmeg finally stopped getting Robbed
+ The debate between becoming a physician or an archer
+ Nutmeg is making new friends and is falling in love with the town

+Running around as a drow during NPC Shift Friday
Me: Whats Ninja vanish?
Person: Imagine throwing a smoke bomb down and vanishing, its kinda like that
Me: !?!?!?!?! That's Possible *squee*

OOG:

+Getting to site way earlier then normal and getting to meet people OOG
+The reaction to the guy at the border when I had to explain what larping was both ways
-My air compressor breaking so no make-up :(
-My knee wasn't agreeing with me
-Having sugar complications all weekend so I was either to sluggish to do anything or felt like garbage
-Forgot Nutmegs boots at home
-Getting lost on the way to site
    +The nice people that helped me find my way
+The hangout after at the Ugly Mug
+Making new friends

IG: Nutmeg, Hobbit and Chef Extraordinaire
OOG: --Ali--
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
12 May 2010 15:29 #38 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic May 2010 Highlights
A running theme seems to be "Great feast, congrats to <<INSERT COOK'S NAME>>"  Jake kept the standard high.  I particularly liked his.  "If I did not ask you here, get out of my kitchen - NOW!"

Lowlight - On the Demon-Juggernaut mod, taking a shot from Pat's Astral Juggernaut, spinning around to simulate the damage and finding a face high sturdy mutiflora rose.  Three cuts on my lower lip plus those around my right lens and chin rendered me hors de combat.  However, I just about stopped Jared's RIII demon by myself just prior to that, so it also ranks as a highlight moment. 

Teaching various people several diverse skills.  I enjoy teaching.  In particular, Teaching Mex' NPC Gypsy Literacy via grammar.

Overcoming our mutually poor first impressions of one another and spending some time with Mae Fong.

RPing my Stage III Leprosy.

Seeing the looks on some peoples's faces on the Juggernaut/Demon mod when Edwin let go with all he had. 

Being part of the inner circle of an inner circle.

Explaining to some robbers that my Edwin's real wealth is in his books.

Receiving empirical proof that my education in humility is bearing fruit, though Edwin will never be Humble.

Sitting by the chessboard and saving a newcomner ask me "Do you play?" 

Ripping Creed a new one Sunday morning as he was both late and did not have the promised bacon.  This lasted maybe 10 minutes and I did not repeat myself.  Then, having had my memory suppressed the night before, I arranged to have the last hour suppressed and had no memory of having ripped into Creed for his short comings, so....  Thanks for being a good sport about it, Chris.

Having a civil conversation with Tari. 

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Portia
  • Thank Yous: 2
12 May 2010 21:38 #39 by Portia (estark01)
Replied by Portia (estark01) on topic May 2010 Highlights
I enjoyed:

-the luxurious accommodations in Drega'Mire
-talking to ye olde mummy dude
-Mixolydia, just in general
-a lit-up chat in the woods
-perambulating with el Baron
-watching folk knock out the inverted tower mod
-discussion of how to tell a wild mage from a nyad (burn 'em! ...after you dunk their heads in the privvy)
-watching other folks get their LARP on
-delivering a love note to the Count
-the scrumptious feast
-watching folks scan the Chronicle

Portia "Nosy McGee" Rom, Chroniclerite
  • By the Sword - Live and Die
12 May 2010 22:34 #40 by Rannick (Rannick)
Replied by Rannick (Rannick) on topic May 2010 Highlights
I like to end on high notes, so ...

LOWLIGHTS

-Missing a lot of the goblins sent out on Saturday.  I was off lifting logs and having fun anyway, but I'm still sorry I missed 'em.

-It wasn't THAT cold.

-The attack on the monastery.  Note: not the dying, but the attack, itself.  If that was a plot-run thing, why plot would send out something guaranteed to result in PC death-and-resurrection is beyond me.  It's unfair and does not add to game enjoyment.  If it was a bunch of PCs, you guys are assholes.  I'm all about playing the kind of character you want to play, but this is ALSO a collaborative effort in having fun.  When the character you play takes away from the enjoyment of the other players, it's time to change what you're doing.  I hope you all feel like big damn men.

HIGHLIGHTS

-Waking up Saturday, putting on my armor, fixing my hair, wishing I had something to kill, and looking outside to see a pair of NPCs in spider-masks walking up the trail.  "Aw, Kate!  You shouldn't have!"  It was a fun little fight - thanks to the NPCs, too!

-Using the real-life longsword I had in my car to rescue a real-life damsel in distress.  To be fair, it took 15 to get the window wedged open, and one Army Captain to realize he had the right tool to go from there.

-Training Strength +2 by moving MASSIVE logs with Wulfgar, the Nyad, and the scale-mail barbarian (OOG: Chuck, I think?) to set up a mead hall.  Don't worry, guys - this was just the first run.  We'll make better progress next time!

-Some really fun "Serious RP" with some folks who really set the bar ...
... Kwildar (discussing religion, the resurrection process, and post-resurrection confusion)
... Bridgette (swordplay, the nature of war, and special forkses)
... Oryx (the nature of war, acting protective after main-mod, and "Hey, your - um - guy that you're sleeping with?  Yeah, he's dead ... I think.  I'm pretty sure.  You might wanna check.")
... Nutmeg, and Sage (post-resurrection blues and survivor's guilt).

-Some really fun non-serious RP with Sage (thanks for the cinnamon, buddy!) and Wolfgar (Jawohl, mein thane!).

-The new barbarians: Chuck (?), Eric, and ... the one I didn't talk to much.  Glad to have you on board, guys!

-Nutmeg playing a halfling and for-reals not wearing shoes.  You are SO much tougher than me for doing that!

-Being a training aid for Collin (great shooting, man!) and Hammish (you are SUCH a good sport and THANK you for the fun time.  We should "brawl" more often).

-The food.  For breakfast of french toast and sausage, lunch of chili and cheese and sausage, and a healthy, hearty feast of salad, green beans, cous cous, chicken, and berry/custard pie, thank you to all the cooks.

-The entertainment.  All the performers deserve another round of applause.

-Hanging out with Wolfgar under a tree and drinking away in the afternoon sun.

-Hanging out with Ian (Hammish) just after the game.  You're top-shelf, my friend!  Hope to see you next time!

-The lowbie-side's main mod.  There were so many great moments - from short bouts of standing toe-to-toe with minor death knights, to facing small bands of goblins at once, to pulling people to safety, to getting caught in a corner with Kwildar, to battling alongside Wolfgar and Raven, and even to getting blasted by a well-aimed Incapacitate (well played, Tristan ... and thank you to the one who healed me).  I got so into the battle and my character's inner barbarian that I was literally frothing at the mouth.  The times I've had that much fun at a LARP - ANY larp - are few and far between.

To the NPCs who made that possible: I heard there was some lag-time for you guys, but I want you all to know that I had an amazing time fighting the goblins and their death-knight support.  Everyone I talked to said the same or similar things.  I apologize if I swung too hard - please take my loss of control as a sign of how much fun I was having (*sheepish grin*), and a quick shout-out to whoever called the hold to remind us all that "NPCs are people, too."  For what it's worth, I had been hoping to slaughter goblins all weekend long, and I was starting to fear it would never happen, so when you guys came screaming out of the dark, you completed the event for me.  Thank you.

--R--
--Andy--

Those who draw a line between the soldier and the scholar will have their thinking done by cowards and their fighting done by fools.
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
12 May 2010 22:49 #41 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic May 2010 Highlights

-The attack on the monastery.  Note: not the dying, but the attack, itself.  If that was a plot-run thing, why plot would send out something guaranteed to result in PC death-and-resurrection is beyond me.  It's unfair and does not add to game enjoyment.  If it was a bunch of PCs, you guys are assholes.  I'm all about playing the kind of character you want to play, but this is ALSO a collaborative effort in having fun.  When the character you play takes away from the enjoyment of the other players, it's time to change what you're doing.  I hope you all feel like big damn men.

This needs to be addressed, because this is a part of what Knight Realms is.  Player vs. Player activity is allowed at KR.  We do not prevent it OOG, because doing so would be artificial and dull the role-play of the game for a lot of people.  We're not going to tell a player that they cannot be evil, or they cannot attack other players.  Some games do make that rule - we're not one of them.  We do enforce fairness, and do our best to make sure that any PvP activity is marshaled.  In this case, an OOG marshal was with them at all times (The Rules Marshals have already verified this).

I personally dislike PvP.  I agree with the fact that I go to have fun, and let other people have fun, and someone else ganking my PC in an unfair fight is not fun on my part.  But as long as the rules are being followed, everyone is entitled to have fun how they see fit, and I *will* play fair and roll with it.  To me, the group effort is more important than my personal enjoyment.

The best thing to do - and the thing you SHOULD do - is react to it In-Game.  Roll with it.  Develop your character and grow from the experience.  Become dedicated to stopping the same thing from happening to other people, etc.  There will be In-Game fallout from this event, I am sure.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
12 May 2010 22:54 #42 by T. Grumblegut (Yngwie)
Replied by T. Grumblegut (Yngwie) on topic May 2010 Highlights

I like to end on high notes, so ...

LOWLIGHTS

-Missing a lot of the goblins sent out on Saturday.  I was off lifting logs and having fun anyway, but I'm still sorry I missed 'em.

-It wasn't THAT cold.

-The attack on the monastery.  Note: not the dying, but the attack, itself.  If that was a plot-run thing, why plot would send out something guaranteed to result in PC death-and-resurrection is beyond me.  It's unfair and does not add to game enjoyment.  If it was a bunch of PCs, you guys are [censored]s.  I'm all about playing the kind of character you want to play, but this is ALSO a collaborative effort in having fun.  When the character you play takes away from the enjoyment of the other players, it's time to change what you're doing.  I hope you all feel like big damn men.

HIGHLIGHTS

-Waking up Saturday, putting on my armor, fixing my hair, wishing I had something to kill, and looking outside to see a pair of NPCs in spider-masks walking up the trail.  "Aw, Kate!  You shouldn't have!"  It was a fun little fight - thanks to the NPCs, too!

-Using the real-life longsword I had in my car to rescue a real-life damsel in distress.  To be fair, it took 15 to get the window wedged open, and one Army Captain to realize he had the right tool to go from there.

-Training Strength +2 by moving MASSIVE logs with Wulfgar, the Nyad, and the scale-mail barbarian (OOG: Chuck, I think?) to set up a mead hall.  Don't worry, guys - this was just the first run.  We'll make better progress next time!

-Some really fun "Serious RP" with some folks who really set the bar ...
... Kwildar (discussing religion, the resurrection process, and post-resurrection confusion)
... Bridgette (swordplay, the nature of war, and special forkses)
... Oryx (the nature of war, acting protective after main-mod, and "Hey, your - um - guy that you're sleeping with?  Yeah, he's dead ... I think.  I'm pretty sure.  You might wanna check.")
... Nutmeg, and Sage (post-resurrection blues and survivor's guilt).

-Some really fun non-serious RP with Sage (thanks for the cinnamon, buddy!) and Wolfgar (Jawohl, mein thane!).

-The new barbarians: Chuck (?), Eric, and ... the one I didn't talk to much.  Glad to have you on board, guys!

-Nutmeg playing a halfling and for-reals not wearing shoes.  You are SO much tougher than me for doing that!

-Being a training aid for Collin (great shooting, man!) and Hammish (you are SUCH a good sport and THANK you for the fun time.  We should "brawl" more often).

-The food.  For breakfast of french toast and sausage, lunch of chili and cheese and sausage, and a healthy, hearty feast of salad, green beans, cous cous, chicken, and berry/custard pie, thank you to all the cooks.

-The entertainment.  All the performers deserve another round of applause.

-Hanging out with Wolfgar under a tree and drinking away in the afternoon sun.

-Hanging out with Ian (Hammish) just after the game.  You're top-shelf, my friend!  Hope to see you next time!

-The lowbie-side's main mod.  There were so many great moments - from short bouts of standing toe-to-toe with minor death knights, to facing small bands of goblins at once, to pulling people to safety, to getting caught in a corner with Kwildar, to battling alongside Wolfgar and Raven, and even to getting blasted by a well-aimed Incapacitate (well played, Tristan ... and thank you to the one who healed me).  I got so into the battle and my character's inner barbarian that I was literally frothing at the mouth.  The times I've had that much fun at a LARP - ANY larp - are few and far between.

To the NPCs who made that possible: I heard there was some lag-time for you guys, but I want you all to know that I had an amazing time fighting the goblins and their death-knight support.  Everyone I talked to said the same or similar things.  I apologize if I swung too hard - please take my loss of control as a sign of how much fun I was having (*sheepish grin*), and a quick shout-out to whoever called the hold to remind us all that "NPCs are people, too."  For what it's worth, I had been hoping to slaughter goblins all weekend long, and I was starting to fear it would never happen, so when you guys came screaming out of the dark, you completed the event for me.  Thank you.

Please sign your posts with your real life name, as per forum rules. Thanks.

Alex T.
Rules Marshal
  • Rannick
12 May 2010 23:04 #43 by Rannick (Rannick)
It's Andy.  Andy Sherbo.  You're welcome.

So apparently it WAS PvP.  Thanks for clarifying.

Thanks also for quoting the company policy, Geoff, but I kinda figured that's what it was.  It doesn't make a lick of difference to me or change a thing I said.  I'll react in-game, alright - don't you worry about that - but if this is where I get to say my piece about what happened in the event, then THAT is my lowlight and I stand by it.  The fact that it's allowed in the rules doesn't make it any less of a dirty move.

--R--
--Andy--

Those who draw a line between the soldier and the scholar will have their thinking done by cowards and their fighting done by fools.
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
12 May 2010 23:43 #44 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)

If it was a bunch of PCs, you guys are assholes.

I'll also note that hurling OOG epithets at other players is against policy .

Unless someone personally targeted you for OOG reasons, or otherwise was abusive towards you OOG, it was absolutely not a "dirty move."  If they did, you need to report this to a Marshal ASAP.

The policy is there for a reason - it makes sure the game runs smoothly for the majority of players, and the betterment of the game as a whole.  We didn't make it up just because it looks good on paper (or on a website) - it has a reason for being there.  Just because you got caught on the wrong end of an encounter does not mean the rules, or policy, is at fault.

The person who suffered the most in this encounter - Charlie - took it like a champ.  His character was robbed, mind wiped, and humiliated, and his home desecrated, but the Player didn't voice a single complaint, even if the character did.  That is the kind of spirit the game strives for.

Steward of Elvalion
  • Tyra Silverfang
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I eat dark god babies...
13 May 2010 07:27 #45 by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing)
Replied by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing) on topic May 2010 Highlights

Merely an observation - there was plenty of toilet paper available, just none willing to transport it.  The Kitchen Staff are not your parents.

during down time NPCing a boy and girl were sent out to stock the major bath houses, kept npcs busy and everyone else supplied with toilet paper (for the time at least)

"There is a difference between a hero and a coward. A Hero wakes willing to risk death. A coward wakes wishing for it."

OOG: Adi
  • Noctra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • &quot;Valar Morghulis&quot;
13 May 2010 07:56 #46 by Noctra (Noctra)
Replied by Noctra (Noctra) on topic May 2010 Highlights
This is for everyone that has an issue with what this thread it for.

Since this is the Highlights thread, I assume you must have had fun.
We have something called event feedback for issues.
I suggest using it. You might get better results instead of swinging insults in public.

Sister Celestine Tellinghast
Paladin of the White Fox
The Order of the Brilliant Hammer

...and they shall know no fear
  • Dark Sith? Where?!
  • Thank Yous: 23
13 May 2010 08:41 #47 by Misaki (cbodnar)
Replied by Misaki (cbodnar) on topic May 2010 Highlights
With that in mind and to clear up the awkward air here on the thread, lets get back to highlights!!!...plz?  :-[

Friday Night:
-infiltrating undead ranks as an undead Misaki?!  Awesome!!!
-Very intense RP with Aleister when Misaki first found out Ethgail was there, then trying to rush forward and get to Sorel when he got murder-faced by a vampire
-SO MANY DRAGOONS!!!  Including a returning one!  Ms. Drexel was a fantastic addition to the every-growing army...I mean group!   ;)
-getting my chance to lead the dragoons while no other Sith while around and even getting a compliment from Magnus

NPC Shift:
-It seems that once a year I get to play an awesome kick-butt NPC.  This month was finally it.  Getting to play a Black Sith was by far the COOLEST thing ever.
-right after that storming the Inn with 3 other two-tone dragoons and Windwalking over to Matt to perform a Dual-Roundhouse Incap.  Yeah, that was awesome
-surviving the longest as I fought against the Count and a slew of other high powers until they downed me and burned by body.  Yep, I even laid on the ground for 10 minutes so they could check and see what was inside me after my corpse melted away from divine flame

Saturday:
-Learning that Telligrim was back the following way:
Person: "Telligrim is back"
Me: "...hahahaha!  You always were a funny one!"
*deathly silence*
Me: "...*Khitan cursing*
-Galen's Jerky = Jerky of the Gods.  Delicious!
-Getting constant updates from Raxas that only I knew about besides him.  He he he  ::)

All that I have to say about feast is that it was probably the most delicious one yet from a year of coming to KR.  Whoever was cooking this meal, bravo!  You have satisfied a dragoon's mighty appetite  ;D

-impressing Tari by eating feast with chopsticks.  Yup, cus cus, salad, even pie.
-helping to defend the Inn with Colin McKraegor (sp?) et al.  That was some pretty intense fighting and everybody did a pretty bang up job

Saturday Night:
-Creed's awesome bacon-wrapped sausage-thingy-mabobber.  Whatever it was, it was awesome.
-FULL POWER DRAGON FORCE MARSHMELLOW CATCH!!!  :D
-just finishing the BWSTM (see above) and getting dragged away by Magnus by my ear to go hunt a werewolf.  I love my W. Hunter teacher!
-finding out the werewolf was already dead, but getting free food from Alisandria!
-Antrim's "point-click" Incinerates.  They'll still always impress Misaki, and still always personally remind me of Roy Mustang  ;)

And probably the biggest highlight out of an event that I've been to so far...LEARNING SPIRIT OF THE DRAGON FROM A DRAGON!!!  There's an absolute first!  Thanks to Vince for playing the Dragon and Bob for running the thing.  I owe you both a preferred beverage of your choices  ;D

Sunday:
-long tangent about Dire Raccoons that I will sum up to in these facts...
1) Don't feed them
2) Don't try and befriend them unless you're trained
3) Don't try and scare them away by putting on a monstrous werewolf disguise and hoping it'll run away like a scared little raccoon.  It doesn't work...
4) Paul makes an awesome Dire Raccoon.  Thanks Paul!
-using these lessons to convince Misaki to some day be a Dragruid  ;)
-waiting all weekend for the chance to use Lore: Lizardkin (because I can) and missing the mod that had lizardkin because of sleeping in a bit.  Boo.
-giving a couple trinkets to Kamei and then messing with her mind  ::)

Lowlights (but not really lowlights)
-getting stuck at KR til 9pm (but I got to spend more time with Shannon.  That's always cool)
-finding a tick in my side >.<  (that's ok too, got it out and I'm not diseased!)
-the cold (well...I like cold)

See you guys in a couple events or so!

Misaki Xianlu VonRitter, the Nemesis

Vassal of Pendarvin

"Evil Must Be Destroyed"

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Calm in mind, gentle in heart, illuminate the spirit
  • Thank Yous: 29
13 May 2010 11:48 #48 by Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar)
Replied by Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar) on topic May 2010 Highlights
Mary Beth has touched on something that has bugged me for a long time when I read the game Highlights.  As she stated the thread is called "Highlights" not "Highlights and Lowlights".  I'm not sure when this trend started, but somewhere in my 2 year absence it popped its ugly little head up and I have to say I find it to be a real downer.  Yes, there are all things we don't like but she is right, from one player to another; air the "lowlights" in the event feedback.  Believe me they do get read.

This is for everyone that has an issue with what this thread it for.

Since this is the Highlights thread, I assume you must have had fun.
We have something called event feedback for issues.
I suggest using it. You might get better results instead of swinging insults in public.

Tirsen Crestingstar

Ben.T.
  • Gregor
  • Thank Yous: 10
13 May 2010 13:54 #49 by Gregor (Caleb)
Replied by Gregor (Caleb) on topic May 2010 Highlights
My Highlights:

Foodapalooza at the Alisandrian Steakhouse
Watching Scholar Gabriel Von Druuk (Terry-Potato-Obrien) wake up every time food came out, during his 17 hour nap-training session, to eat.
(How did that end up? Did you learn Master Napper?)
1 CABLE
Watching Radu I-Stink-Like-Graves Dragovic (Jeff McClean) work - always priceless.
Talking, however briefly, with Nipples Marinara aka Alex Turqman.

See you all in June......

Gregor Borowitz
Court Healer of Alisandria

Guild Member of the Black Orchid Merchant Company

OOG:Stephen Bukovsky
13 May 2010 22:01 #50 by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507)
Replied by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507) on topic May 2010 Highlights
Fun Moments

(Muted Typhon (me) and Sage are in Drega'Mire looking for Kwildar and are told to check the Armory)
Typhon (written): Already Checked Armory
Sage: Where did they say he was?
(Typhon attempts to gesticulate INN by gesturing IN)
Sage: He is having sex?
(FACEPALM) (attempts to clarify by repeating gesture)
Sage: Are you trying to proposition me?
(Typhon opens the Dragon Claw Inn Menu he stole to write on and points at the Title)
Sage Ooooh the Dragon Claw.  But what does this have to do with sex?

(Typhon forgot to close the door to a cabin on the way out)
Sage: What were you rasied in the woods?
(Blank stares from Muted Typhon)
Sage: Oh yes, druid, so yeah.

Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga
Hero of Auralion
Warrior of the White Wolf

- Druid

David Reyes
  • Oakroot
  • We all hope for happy endings... right?
  • Thank Yous: 1
14 May 2010 10:15 #51 by Oakroot (OakRoot)
Replied by Oakroot (OakRoot) on topic May 2010 Highlights
(Muted Typhon (me) and Sage are in Drega'Mire looking for Kwildar and are told to check the Armory)
Typhon (written): Already Checked Armory
Sage: Where did they say he was?
(Typhon attempts to gesticulate INN by gesturing IN)
Sage: He is having sex?
(FACEPALM) (attempts to clarify by repeating gesture)
Sage: Are you trying to proposition me?
(Typhon opens the Dragon Claw Inn Menu he stole to write on and points at the Title)
Sage Ooooh the Dragon Claw.  But what does this have to do with sex?

(Typhon forgot to close the door to a cabin on the way out)
Sage: What were you rasied in the woods?
(Blank stares from Muted Typhon)
Sage: Oh yes, druid, so yeah.

Sorry bout that haha

Brinden Oakroot
Vassal and Gaurd of Kaladonia
Student and Squire of Lady Elawyn Brightstar
Follower of Chronicler and Son of Arawyn
*OOG*
*Clark Livengood*
14 May 2010 12:46 #52 by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507)
Why are you sorry Clark that was some of my most fun RP yet. Who would have thought that my best acting would happen when I couldn&#039;t talk. Thank You Clark and thanks also to Winter Sage you transformed what would have been an ordinary Sunday Morning into a tremendously fun mini adventure.

Hero of Auralion

- Druid

David Reyes
  • LStarling
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Cursed Healer
  • Thank Yous: 20
14 May 2010 13:31 #53 by LStarling (Kwildar)
Replied by LStarling (Kwildar) on topic May 2010 Highlights
All spent searching for Kwildar, and speaking of his alleged exhibitionist tendancies?  Oh, the horrible mental images that flashed through my poor head when I read this. ;-)

--
Lawrence Starling -- IG
"Really, bee! I don't smell flower-y!"
Malcolm Mallardi -- OOG
14 May 2010 16:20 #54 by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507)
I would like to establish that I did no "speaking" of alleged exhibitionism that was all Winter Sage I am innocent here.

Hero of Auralion

- Druid

David Reyes
15 May 2010 14:56 #55 by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507)
One more fun moment before you guys come back from the alt event

Friday Night

Farmer: This is a disaster we lost our crops in the frost last moon and now these Drow are attacking our home land of Kaladonia.
Typhon: Don't despair there is nothing from which Nature cannot come back.
Farmer: What the Drow are coming back?!

Hero of Auralion

- Druid

David Reyes
  • tarn
16 May 2010 10:32 #56 by tarn (tarn)
Replied by tarn (tarn) on topic May 2010 Highlights
I had a lot of fun this event. It was only my second event but i met alot of cool people and had some really fun moments!

Just a few highlights.....

- Meeting some more barbarians
- Watching Hammish teach someone how to charm..."GET BACK IN THERE AND USE YOUR WORDS!!" and also him teaching my character to read and write. "A is for ale.."
-Being the gold golem and attacking the inn with 3 others. This was the first time I was an NPC this powerful and it was a RIOT fighting all those people. Also the look on peoples faces when i kept saying "no effect". Especially the druid.
Druid casts spell
Me: "No effect."
Druid: "It's Druidic!!"
Me: "No effect"
Druid: *runs away*
That was classic! I do not know the druid's name in or out of game but it was well played by him!
-seeing all the brawling and roughhousing on sunday before cleanup hold. "Wait for the picture!" Well done Andy that was funny! You even cracked the photographer up!
These were just a few of the many highlights for me this event. Thanks to all for making this a great experience for me!!!! ;D

Tarn Wildheart

OOG: Eric Parker
  • Rannick
11 Jun 2010 12:01 #57 by Rannick (Rannick)
Wow.  I sure got ganged up on in a hurry - on the forums and in private messages.  Maybe I should look at this stuff more.

Alright, then.  I know when I'm outnumbered by brass.

But I didn't start the "lowlight" custom - I'm just following what others have set.

I've never seen Player-on-player action do ANYTHING but cause heartache and bad feelings.

Any player who gets his jollies by stepping all over sleepy lower-levels is not worth playing with - whether doing so is "by the rules" or not.  In a larger sense, there are lots of things that are "legal" that are still "wrong," and in an RPG sense, doing things that you KNOW will detract from the collective enjoyment of the game is bad form, whether it's "in character" or not.

I reference Rich Burlew:

www.giantitp.com/articles/tll307KmEm4H9k6efFP.html

Specifically, under the "Decide to Act Differently" section: "Every decision your character makes is your decision first. It is possible and even preferable for you to craft a personality that is consistent but also accommodating of the characters the other players wish to play."

And I'm not sorry for saying so on a public forum.  I think it's great that you want to "keep things quiet," but that rarely gets stuff fixed.

--R--
--Andy--

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
11 Jun 2010 12:28 #58 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Hi Andy,

PvP is a part of Knight Realms that many players enjoy.  Some specifically come to KR to engage in it, under the guidane that it is fair, by the rules, and accepted as a part of the game.

You are welcome to your opinion about PvP, but other people are welcome to theirs, too.  Some of them enjoy it.  The end decision rests with the owner of the game, and he has made his decision public and clear by the game's rules and policy.  As such, it does not need to be "fixed" - it is working as the owner of the game, and its players, want it to.

Steward of Elvalion
  • Rannick
11 Jun 2010 12:41 #59 by Rannick (Rannick)
Hi, Geoff,

"As such, it does not need to be 'fixed' - it is working as the owner of the game, and its players, want it to."

Well.  Some of its players - maybe even most.  My "lowlight" isn't really about the rules, anyway.

But I do hope you guys enjoy this weekend's event.  I'm afraid I'll not be able to participate.

--R--
--Andy--

• Erim Walker
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I love Travance. There are shirtless men EVERYWHER
11 Jun 2010 13:38 #60 by Erim Walker (shiva14b)
Replied by Erim Walker (shiva14b) on topic May 2010 Highlights
Andy, let me be the first to say how absolutely DEVASTATED we shall all be not to have you grace us with your presence this weekend </sarcasm>

if you don't care for how our game works, I suggest you try Mystic Realms or Realms of Adventure.

Also, I'd like to take this moment to make a HUMONGOUS public apology to David Reyes (Typhon Scaldinga), who I've been mistaking you for since your very first event.

Sorry David!

"Ok we can attack... but if we miss, we'll hit the villagers."
"I'm willing to take that chance!"

Things I am no longer allowed to do in an RPG :
31. The backup trap handler is not whoever has the most HP at the time.
73. Not allowed to name my cudgel Ceremonial Whoopass Stick.
74. My thief's battle cry is not "Run And Live"

[OOG Jenna
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.794 seconds