May 2010 ALT Event Highlights

• Tiriel
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 1
16 May 2010 20:17 #1 by Tiriel (Tiriel)
May 2010 ALT Event Highlights was created by Tiriel (Tiriel)
WOW!  What an excellent event.  I had a great time, and there were so many great moments I cannot begin to name them all. 

I will sum up my highlights of the event by lauding my (yes, i consider them my own) Resistance PCs. All of you.  You made the weekend a pleasure to run, as you were gung-ho and excited about everything, you were properly terrified of Thanatos and his Black Guard, you initiated all the big moments yourselves, without any NPC "prompting".  All in all, y'all were a great crew , and I am genuinely in awe at how completely you all were immersed in everything.

Bravo to you all, and I can't wait 'til next years Alt event.

Terry

Gabriel Tellinghast
Former General of the Kings Armies
Member of the Resistance

PS:  Beware the Triple Shank!!!

Brother Tiriel Tellinghast
Valrkirin Urulokion, in service to Lord Blackthorne
Turin MacLeod (NPC)

Terry
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
16 May 2010 21:12 #2 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic May 2010 ALT Event Highlights
I'm glad to have been there to help out and may make a PC next time.

It was great seeing everyone and laughs were had. Sorry those NPCs had to see me when I had that low bloodsuger moment. If I didn't say sorry then, let me say it here.

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
16 May 2010 21:18 #3 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic May 2010 ALT Event Highlights
I had a load of fun at this event even though I had to leave right after Main Mod. Making the decision to NPC the whole event actually turned out to be fantastic because I had lots of great experiences with the various characters I played.

Highlights
-Zombie'ing Friday night was great both in the NPC area and roaming out to the Inn.
-Vince Clortho! Gozer the Gozarian!
-Jeff you did a great job keeping all the undead NPCs organized and interested throughout our various mods. Hats off to you.
-Bandit Village mod Saturday was fun, especially finding out we'd basically be getting food and supplies for free!
-Helping with feast and NPCing a bartender.
-Greater Ghoul during Main Mod was awesome. If I didn't love playing Winks so much during mass combats I'd totally NPC Main Mod more often.

See everyone in June.

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
16 May 2010 21:24 #4 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic May 2010 ALT Event Highlights
I had a great time.

At the Alt Event, bein g the Fence and owning the Inn went hand in hand.  Tending bar made me accessible to all, which made my job much easier.

Stealing a priceless item from Chris F.  Him trying to kill me to get it back, but three of his four hired guns were on my side.  Sometime, things just fall into place.

Kelly taking charge of table set up for feast.

A remarkably unrushed feast prep, everything going smoothly, everything ready with time to spare.  

Emily dumping a bowl of whipped cream on Jeff's head and Jeff's lame attempt to retaliate.

Sleeping in the small room at the Inn.  I like this and may reprise it in the regular game.

Conversation with many, but with Lucius and Radu taking the position that all Goblins should be treated like snakes - killed on sight.

After the "regular" lay on, a long evening of RP with Kwildar.  It was intense and informative.

Ditto with Gideon.  

Falling over after being attacked by 3 heavy duty thugs in the Inn and smoking them with perfect aim speed cast lumenescent beams.

Usual stuff teaching Creed the short order breakfast business.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
16 May 2010 21:46 #5 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic May 2010 ALT Event Highlights
Thank you to all the storytellers and NPC's for your hard work this weekend. It was a smaller game but I can't think of anyone who couldn't get involved in the plot if they didn't want to.

Highlights:

-Jade and Cameo, worst acrobat and bounty hunter ever
-The very realistic feeling that at any moment you could be accused of being a resistance member and totrtued.
-Skeletons came to attack my cabin on Friday night. The hobbit, the Bedoin, the coast havener and I were trying to have a very late dinner. The hobbit (Michael) was hiding under the bed before they even started banging at the door. The rest of us stayed out and ready to fight and then we hear chewing noises from under the bed as the hobbit ate our food that he managed to pull under the bed without us seeing.
-Both the Friday night and Saturday night mods in the graveyard were amazing.
-2 AM tree puns and a tri corner hat
- the wild mages faces lit up on Sunday morning when they got to fight elementals.

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
  • Michael P
  • Thank Yous: 0
16 May 2010 22:08 #6 by Michael P (Michael P)
Replied by Michael P (Michael P) on topic May 2010 ALT Event Highlights
Fun event!  While it had lower numbers, it allowed a lot of personal attention.

Highlights from ALT side:

- Playing across from the Goblinoids as a Hobbit.  As much as they enjoyed playing the evil/cannibalistic aspects or even trying *not* to be, playing someone who isn't the front center hero type is fun.
- Being able to RP may way into and out of many situations without having powers halting the RP... such as the inquisition/torture/execution scene outside and the follow up hobbit emotional breakdown.  
- Snacking and eating so much that come Sunday, I didn't feel exhausted and beaten.  
- Discovering that I do indeed fit under the pallet beds, and can vanish with the food in less than a minute.
- Working as many one liners into the weekend as possible.
- Scenarios which cause all of the standard size PCs to double over and crawl while I get to walk... and light heartedly mocking them.
- Brodius Thunderforge.  Ha-HA!
- Interaction with a thief alt late Friday whose name I unfortunately don't know. 'Why don't you and I go out to the woods and find our way through the dark?'  'Because you have a small knife, a large pouch, and I have already seen you stab two other people in the back.'

Highlights from primary side:

- Pun-a-thon late night Saturday. 
- Troll fights... like bum fights only with burning enchanted blades and dominate.
- Flow of Sunday was good.  Sunday often feels like a very late start and not much going on.  Having a few modules that had cause/effect aspects and were not just random monsters was nice.
- 'I am an apple, I am hard core, Why is everything so horrible? (wine), and sweet leaf to leave'
- Interaction with my favorite troll, little did I know that mispronouncing 'Brugga grugga thhhhpt' as 'Brugga Brugga thhhpt' is the difference between honoring a trolls lineage and saying something about their mothers taste in men.

Michael Pucci
Player of Paetros of the Yhatzi Kompania

www.DystopiaRisingLARP.com
16 May 2010 22:26 #7 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic May 2010 ALT Event Highlights
I had a great time playing Al Shanker aka The Shanker!
The Triple Shank!
Kind of being in the resistance, but not really having any clue what the resistance was, only that I would eventually be able to shank those people I swore to shank.
Michael P.'s hobbit!!  Great!!
Brendan's nautical terms for everything that was going on!
The plot was a lot of fun, even if I had no idea what was going on IC!
Getting to Shank a little, and swearing to hunt down and shank certain people and all of their decendents until there are none left, even to the end of time!

Making Illithid Calamari!
Finding out Blade is the new Lord of Pendarvin!!!

-OOG Michael Smith
  • Tyra Silverfang
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I eat dark god babies...
17 May 2010 00:02 #8 by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing)
Replied by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing) on topic May 2010 ALT Event Highlights
this was my first alt event and i had an absolute blast! Once a Brockles, always a Brockles (literally i'll be green forever >.<)

- seeing peoples faces when i introduced myself as Brockles and watching them try not to laugh ^_^
- seeing creed's character die and have his body thrown on the porch and then have his shield taken because he's not using it
- Thanatos: hey mars, grant death
  Nikita: uhhhhh
  Requiem: Intercept......uhhhhhh crap *dies*
  Nikiti and Snog: running. running! RUNNING!
- Inserting myself awkwardly into conversations constantly
- dr. shank, shankarino, shankmaster, shankenstein.... loved it!
- not being killed OR tortured = plus
- being in charge of Talin's (sp?) private stock booze during battles = one drunk goblin ^_^
- being asked why i wasn't fighting the undead only to reply "i'm just a convenient stack with a toothpick included" pointing to my dagger.
- feeling horrible when our hobbit tried to heal people and i was around >.<
-       Snog: I don't think that hobbit fellow likes me.
       Nikita: he thinks you're going to eat him
hobbit walks out "so much healing before 1st breakfast *sigh*
       Nikita: how many breakfasts are there?
       Talin: 3 of each meal i think
       Snog: and that's why I don't eat hobbits... just not healthy.
- hot hobbits, lean hobbits and breakfast hobbits are just not my preferred meal sorry =P
- walking to bed and running into the black guard with Nikita and talin
      Thanatos: do you know of anyone who's been complaining about the King?
      Nikita: That malacite had some words about himmm....
      Thanatos: That guy doesn't matter because he's a moron.
priceless rob priceless ^_^
- being woken up by goblins wanting food then being called lazy and a traitor by said goblins and having them try to kill me calling flee and hiding in the woods lol
- being the first to find out Nikita was captured and tortured T_T and running to tell everyone else
- being chased by a lizardkin, blowing a flee and being so out of breath I just stop running and say just kill me just make it quick and painless >.< being hit 3 times for 5 damage and then having him run off after someone else... still having 4 body left and running to the nearest copse or trees and lying as flat as possible lol
- Mars, Toria, Katie and I being the loot brigade lol hilarious!
- Psion: what letter is this on the cup? i can't even tell
 Snog: ohhh let me see! let me see! *after studying it for a few moments* it's a scribble! (smiles proudly)
- flirting with an ogre to lead him to his death ^_^ it's the green charm i tell you!
- sitting in on one of Charlies dealings and getting coin for just sitting there lol
- coming up with a new identity for Nikita
  Shank: how about Nividia?
  Snog: oh! Oh! or Sony? that has a ring to it ^_^
-telling traveling merchants that they should get together because they both wore green and had long hair and that it would be a great business venture and walking away mid conversation to hear "did we just get set up by a goblin???" lol

I'm sure there is much more i haven't said but altogether it was a great event and much great RP with everyone!
oh and i have a new found respect for ANYONE that plays a painted role on a daily basis >.< so much work! but well worth it

"There is a difference between a hero and a coward. A Hero wakes willing to risk death. A coward wakes wishing for it."

OOG: Adi
17 May 2010 09:23 - 17 May 2010 10:46 #9 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic May 2010 ALT Event Highlights
This is how I felt my weekend officially started:
Requiem: "I guessed I picked up a cursed painting and they had to cut off my arm..."
Nakita: "Now you know not to steal things from dead people, poor taste" *tucks away gold found in a crypt*
Ah yes, this is not Ilana.

-Looting Party Round 1. Having Wally's Necromancer create an undead to diffuse the necromantic power on one of the doors:
Nakita: "...It eats bad energy like candy, I must have one of those!"
-Compliments on Nakita's outfit(s). Thanks ^_^
-SO many bodyguards and all of them did a good job. A few even died for me (Poor Requiem and the Grant Death situation. Nakita owes him drinking money for life.)
-Silly Malycite wanted to kill our buddy. Silly Malycite trusted two Coast Havener's to help him out. Silly Malycite and his friend who we tried to warn to leave got shanked.
-Finally deciding it was bed time after the sun had risen.... just to find Thanatos and the Black Guard hanging out by the house ><  Having... friendly conversation with them and then having to find a healer to help out the Psion that was tortured and cut up inside *facepalm*
-Changing my costume subtly throughout the event and then drastic changes for the few disguises I did wear. I love getting to change around.
-Being tortured, dread surgeried, and killed. :P Sorry for stopping the RP a little during the scene, only other time I've dealt with torture was NPCing at the last alt event.
-The group of nobles watching the hobbit trying to kill me and unable to get through my armor. It was pretty funny.
-After said execution, having a vacation. Having an excuse not to be in town anymore, Nakita got to sit at HQ and take a sun bath. Thanatos did her a favor, sort of.
-Trying to come up with a new name with the others. Some of the options were... exceptional :P
-Nakita made light of her 'final death' as much as possible around the others. Only Tollin got to hear the amount of rage there really was.
-Called one of the lynch pins in the resistance. Awesome.
-Ravenhold 'tower'. Looting party round 2. Upon finding the royal seal, Nakita holding onto that thing for her life. Being so unhappy when she had to give up the ultimate trophy.
-Nakita giving pointers on how to be in a proper disguise and getting to tell her tale to Gabriel and Prince Graham as we listened to the Ghoul Lord battle in the woods.

Thanks to everyone who put up with me bumping into things and helping me out as I was walking around half blind for the event. I'll have money to fix my glasses... by January... hopefully. I have to admit, I have a bit more fun playing Nakita than Ilana and I was glad to do it again. I'm not going to be around till August/September so you guys keep safe and I hope I get to see you soon.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 17 May 2010 10:46 by .
  • Oren Tenderson
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Be better than you were the day before.
  • Thank Yous: 172
17 May 2010 13:00 #10 by Oren Tenderson (Tormy)
Replied by Oren Tenderson (Tormy) on topic May 2010 ALT Event Highlights
It was a blast this weekend.  I played the same character as last year, but with a few changes.  Last year I had joined the resistance, and a few of the other PCs were a bit concerned about things, so this time around I took that into consideration, and had him soften over these five years.  He came in with no backstab proficiencies, but more waylays than he ever should have needed.

Lay on brought about a sense of urgency with most of the people who were either part of the resistance, or rogues guild right away.  The sight of Thanatos was truly terrifying in game, and the back and forth vengeful attacks around the Rogues guild kept me constantly aware of what was going on around me. 

- having an apprentice that was of the same profession, but was nothing like me.  (Coast Haven Assassin ~ Goblin Assassin) And we are obviously the same level.  Made me laugh a lot.
- bringing bottles of 'alcohole' to almost half the battles or runs that I got to go on.
-all the people that were sleeping int eh same building with me were quite great to interact with.
- Talking with the guild master/tavern keeper so often, and getting jobs and favors dealt with was a fun experience each time.  (good job charlie)
- Terry, you definitely helped keep the feeling of urgency going for the players of the resistance, with your willing to broach any subject with us as long we weren't within earshot of someone we didn't get to trust.
- so many near misses with Thanatos.  You were really good at making it feel dangerous for everyone.
- Robin the hobbit.  I enjoyed most every minute of the RP with that character.  Michel you did a great job.
- Zach, it was great fun hanging ot with you in general during the times we were in town, and amazing that I got to pull you around half the time from you missing one part of your character's body or another.^u^
- both ambushes I was involved in were greatly fun.  No hard feeling's guys.
- Chris yoshi telling me that I was five minutes from getting ganked just after the switch over hold happened, because he was part of the group I was supposed to be systematically ganking for the rogue's guild.

-NPC shift.  elementals, were steam rolled.  trolls were hilarious.( I was the one that happened to miss and break the limb of another troll as it was moving past who I was swinging at.  I was also the troll that got dominated, and break limbed another troll to death [XD] then told to go back where I came from and kill all the others.  First ever non-combat NPC ever! had fun being a merchant.

- Main running arc just got me laughing.
  - Oren buying some psalms for later use
  - the posi barrier protecting a card game.
  - the 'how do you get those cool toys' talk
  -so, four wild mages, and a kliden go with an alchemist to fight off grim gaurdians, and elementals...  Have you heard this one before?
  - watching a gypsy curse get placed on an NPC for waylaying everyone male gypse wild mage.

Captain Oren Zero Tenderson of the Royal Baronial Guard of Travance.

OOG- William Bartlett
Marshal
17 May 2010 14:38 - 17 May 2010 14:40 #11 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic May 2010 ALT Event Highlights
    I had a great time this weekend!  Some highlights include:
  • Actually playing a serious character for once.
  • Being able to stand on the front lines of most of the battles and tell the lesser NPCs that their attacks couldn't get through my armor.
  • Hey, Oren, how many times did I lose some limb or another?
  • After being dominated to get treasure from the graveyard, I had my right arm, left leg, and three fingers on my left hand gnawed off by the Ghoul Lord.  He then told me that if I could get out of the graveyard on one leg and a pole arm crutch before his zombie could catch me, he'd let me live.
  • As soon as I found someone to help me walk, insisting they take me back to the graveyard so I could keep getting the treasure.
  • Resistance mods were really fun, esp. when we made friends with the town of brigands by promises to send food and tradesman.
  • Long philosophical discussions with Casperian about Galladel, Galamachis, and the Kami, trying to reconcile Rin's reincarnation philosophy with the idea of Final Death.
  • Rob Gambino, you may be creepier than Wally.
  • Exclusively using Inner Calm to keep my composure during RP situations.
  • Accidentally getting myself accepted into the Black Guard and having no choice but to accept the "great honor."
  • I have never been so terrified of being caught, even when Shalok was trying to kill me.
  • I was the troll that died from a broken limb.  I almost died when I entered the Inn and saw Apollo wearing a tri-corner hat.
  • What's more stupid: transforming yourself into a greater fire elemental in front of 4 wild mages or transforming yourself into a greater fire elemental in front of 4 druids?
  • I have proof that bacon can be used as currency!

Lowlights:
  • My back is killing me from that armor.
  • Biting back innuendos and jokes while playing Rin was almost painful.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
Last edit: 17 May 2010 14:40 by .
  • Oren Tenderson
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Be better than you were the day before.
  • Thank Yous: 172
17 May 2010 18:36 #12 by Oren Tenderson (Tormy)
Replied by Oren Tenderson (Tormy) on topic May 2010 ALT Event Highlights

• Hey, Oren, how many times did I lose some limb or another?

I honestly don't remember how many times I was getting you to someone to repair a limb or other, but honestly even being a crutch a good portion of the time we were hanging out, was fun RP.

• What's more stupid: transforming yourself into a greater fire elemental in front of 4 wild mages or transforming yourself into a greater fire elemental in front of 4 druids?

That is a good question.  Honestly, it is a close call.

Captain Oren Zero Tenderson of the Royal Baronial Guard of Travance.

OOG- William Bartlett
Marshal
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
17 May 2010 19:04 #13 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic May 2010 ALT Event Highlights
*Agasha Kijin lies dying on the ground, Geoff has his eyes closed*

NPC #1: Killing Blow One, Killing Blow Two...

Geoff (OOG, opens eyes): "Wait, are you killing blow active?"

NPC #1: Ah, no, sorry.  Carry on.

*Kijin goes back to dying / Geoff closes his eyes again*

NPC #2: "Killing Blow One..."

Geoff (Internal Monologue): "Seriously?"

*Geoff opens his eyes, sees Thanatos hovering over him*

Geoff (Internal Monologue): "Seriously."

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Lina Marinescu
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Only the curious have something to find
  • Thank Yous: 78
17 May 2010 19:54 #14 by Lina Marinescu (Ismaesumi)
Replied by Lina Marinescu (Ismaesumi) on topic May 2010 ALT Event Highlights
My triumphant return to KR was, well, triumphant! I had so much this weekend, I can't wait until next year's alt event.

Highlights in no particular order.

- Doodling around on the penny whistle before lay-on and enjoying making music again.  :D
- Everyone's costumes as their alts, not gonna lie, I love the visual aspect of KR
- Meeting Al Shanker and the Triple Shank
- The many complements to the Lovely Bedouin girl with the mysterious eyes and Al Shanker's creepy yet effective way of hitting on me
- Graveyard mod and almost blowing up after watching the theif's hand being cut off
- Michael as Robin the entire weekend, his jumping behind me at the sight of every goblin and that little whimper he let out every time
- Wandering to the graveyard during the day to do some treasure hunting only to be attacked by the Ghoul Lord and his minions. Waking up from Robin healing me only to find that zombies were rending my limbs from me and my resulting screams being heard up at the Inn.
- A feeling of dread hitting me in the stomach every time we passed Thanatos, the Lord or the Black Guard.
- Freaking out at the Mage's Guild several times
- Eating feast with the greatest and very real feeling of paranoia and fear. I never want to eat feast like that again, but thank you to all our dark NPCs for making that feeling happen.
- Speaking of feast, eating feast with a veil wrapped around your face is a bitch.

- Returning to town as Lina but feeling naked because I didn't have my sword or dagger.
- Tree puns and Lord Abendroth in a tri-corner hat. Marvelous.
-Getting to sit and talk with characters that I don't normally see much.  

- A great feeling that everyone enjoyed the Sunday encounters. Wild mages, your welcome for the elementals ;)

Best moment of the weekend? Picture if you will: Skeleton's banging on our cabin door at 4:30 in the am. Cameo facing the door with her shield and sword, Lucky standing behind her ready to heal her. Robin under the bed with Zhiva sitting on the floor next to the bed ready to cast her spell. Sounds of munching coming from Robin underneath the bed. Cameo: "Robin, are you eating?" Robin: "What? I was hungry!" Cameo, Lucky and Zhiva dissolve into disbelieving giggles.

Thanks for a great event everyone!

IG- Lina Marinescu
OOG- Katie M.- Lead Monster Marshal

The stalwart soul has the will to live and is eager for the race ~Taylor Caldwell

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
18 May 2010 08:30 #15 by Gabriel Llopiz (Xenas)
Replied by Gabriel Llopiz (Xenas) on topic May 2010 ALT Event Highlights
This was my first alt event, and damn... It was both intense and fun.

Ok, highlights!

Friday:
3...2...1... Lay on!
*Creed dies*
me: oh... S**t!

Finding the Resistance members as soon as I possibly could because walking around alone was a sure fire way to die a horrible, painful, and somewhat entertaining death.

heading out on the first anti-tyrant squad mod and dying a horrible, painful, but somewhat entertaining death... Then coming back as a zombie... Then dying again.

My first death ever! Being brought back through the focus was highly entertaining. Really showed me the darker side of being a healer.

Walking around with my resistance buddies only to walk in front of the Lord... And intercepting a Grant Death. Why would a Coast Havenite take a death? We get free drinks for the rest of his life!

Sleeping in pandarvin, and being the only person in my entire cabin who was in the resistance. That was intense.

Saturday:

being awken by what I thought was a portal, but no... It was a will-'o-the-wisp... Damn...

Waking up and heading out to the inn for breakfast... French toast, links and bacon! It's the only way to start the day. Death shortly followed... Again.

Going to a different town (npc land) and being one of two people who could read. Then fighting. Then waylay! SO MANY WAYLAYS!!

Mod to find Connor, the paladin of light. Saw a part of daga'mire (sp?) I've never found before. Now I know why that part of the camp is the swamplands.

Bedouins gone wild!

Going to ravenhold tower right after and, seeing Robin dance around as everyone walked through hunched over, and he was upright.

Deplomacy with the great wizard who name I forget.

Getting bored with said wizard and playing with goblins, giving them shiny coins to play with.

Waylay'ing said goblns to get my coins back.

Venturing deeper into the tower with my new found goblin buddies and using one as a trap findering

Goblin: *opens tiny box* "ohhh, shiny!!"
Me: "Waylay!"

dying then being healed and wakin up to a beautiful priestess of Galladel. I'm so smooth when I'm on the verge of death.

Mini-feast that overlapped normal feast. A shame that there was no RP marshal.

Plans to put Operation: Gank The Town into action.

Having the plans include a chair being thrown.

Spying on the baddies and feeding information to the resistance.

Main mod was great. Having flee + feign death + invisible + a slighly drunk Requiem = hitting on Skeletons.

Seeing the 'Prince' bust into the inn and seeing everyone with an "oh damn!" look on their face.

Sunday:

being a scared goblin that could only bleet, and abusing the 'poke-nose-out-around-corner-then-head' thing.

Making a u-turn and playing a brute to cause some trouble at the inn. Hitting on people. Hitting people. Getting arrested, and trying to make Qwildar mad on the way to prison.

Going home early, but getting two RP points..

Always a pleasure,
Felix Suarez
[OOG: Gabriel L.]
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
18 May 2010 10:03 - 18 May 2010 10:14 #16 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic May 2010 ALT Event Highlights
Its rare when I post my own highlights, even though I always do have highlights. The Alt events tend to have a much smaller attendance, but despite that I am always amazed at how great the players make it through some high quality acting and stellar effort. It really is a very unique kind of event, that lets the players who show up to it, truly explore other avenues of RP in a fresh new environment and have a blast doing it.

My two biggest highlights:
- The Feast, torture scene. First of all, there were so many people missing, I was worried... but once the torture scene began, anyone who missed it, missed out on one of the most epic moments I have ever personally witnessed at KR. This has largely to do with music and timing that lended such drama to the moment it will be burned in my memory forever. The very second that Ryan's goblin pulled a resistance member off the bench and started torturing them, the song "Iguazu" a VERY eerie track I have on the inn music player started to play (It is a song from the deadwood soundtrack).  Someone tried to come to the commoners rescue and was perfect aim deathed by thanatos. "This is what happens to members of the resistance" stated the lord, and the torturing commenced for many, minutes, all the while Ryan's goblin making the most creepy remarks as the commoner screamed in pain. Finally the Lord ordered it be done, and the commoner was killed. Then the lord proceeded to threaten that anyone who does not show up for the fight against the ghoul lord will be found guilty of treason and being a member of the resistance and will be executed... he ended with "That is all? ... that very moment, 4 min and 55 seconds after the commoner was pulled off the bench, the track "Iguazu" ended.  The RP of the NPCS was absolutely top shelf,  but the music timing, was 100% random fate... that crap right there was a higher power helping make the scene kick ass. ;)
- Here is a u-tube video with the music if you are interested.

- My other main highlight was all the interactions with the PCs and Conner. Also the fact that the PCs came to the conclusion to ask conner to pretend to be the dead prince, completely on their own. Going into the weekend I was really afraid we would have to force-feed that in some way, and I was very relieved that we didn't.

Resistance Member 1: Pointing at a skeletal corpse covered in clothes and a royal crest. "We found the Prince!"
Resistance Member 2: "NO!" "We didn't find the prince.. we found the proof of the prince's identity and we will find the prince later..."

Allot of you guys did some REALLY awesome RP trying to convince a Paladin/Hermit who wanted nothing to with society anymore to both break one of his vows and lie for the greater good and then re-enter society at an epic level. Some of you in that room where amazingly dramatic with your words and it was a real pleasure role-playing out that scene.

Thanks to everyone who helped run the event and thanks to all the players who showed up and made it a very memorable time!

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Last edit: 18 May 2010 10:14 by .
  • Michael P
19 May 2010 21:45 #17 by Michael P (Michael P)
Replied by Michael P (Michael P) on topic May 2010 ALT Event Highlights

- My other main highlight was all the interactions with the PCs and Conner. Also the fact that the PCs came to the conclusion to ask conner to pretend to be the dead prince, completely on their own. Going into the weekend I was really afraid we would have to force-feed that in some way, and I was very relieved that we didn't.

Resistance Member 1: Pointing at a skeletal corpse covered in clothes and a royal crest. "We found the Prince!"
Resistance Member 2: "NO!" "We didn't find the prince.. we found the proof of the prince's identity and we will find the prince later..."

Glad that was part of the scope of the story arch.  I was a little worried that I may have completely derailed the players direction when I spoke up as resistance member 2. 

Michael Pucci
Player of Paetros of the Yhatzi Kompania

www.DystopiaRisingLARP.com
19 May 2010 22:02 #18 by Gabriel Llopiz (Xenas)
Replied by Gabriel Llopiz (Xenas) on topic May 2010 ALT Event Highlights
Think of it this way: if it never happened that way, then a hobbit just rewrote history!

Always a pleasure,
Felix Suarez
[OOG: Gabriel L.]
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.667 seconds