Festival Highlight and thanks

27 Jun 2010 00:08 #1 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Festival Highlight and thanks was created by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Thank you to those who went out of their way to make M elody and Calb welcome at teh festival.  The scared Keeshond left with a curled tail and sat at Jame's feet just before we left.

He had shut 'off' about late afternoon which is why we didn't stay over but he did really well because a lot of you went th extra mile to make him really get to feel comfy with you.

And Melody... I think I may have yet another LARPing dog in a few years with that one.  She started to follow good guys and bad guys at the end.  I watched her track the masked NPCV's without aggression but with a playful lets get them look.  For those who recall Tempus and Jazzy my two Shelties they learned Hold as Down and Lay On as Go Get and could actually interact with the game on a semi limited basis.

Both are exhausted along with the Mom.

Just wanted to get their Highlights out there before I sacked out.

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
27 Jun 2010 13:30 #2 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Festival Highlight and thanks
A HUGE thank-you to Charlie and Tina for letting us use their home!

Even with the heat & humidity, it was a good time - the ability to just relax and chill with people In-Game was nice.

Many, many thanks to the Alisandrian & Winterdark Picnic Committees for bringing delicious food! :)

Kabobs - YUM!

"Gideon, I think this is the first time ever I've seen you without your armor on."
5 seconds later, someone else walks up.
"Gideon, I think this is the first time ever I've seen you without your armor on."

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Belegchand
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
27 Jun 2010 15:45 #3 by Belegchand (mcalo)
Replied by Belegchand (mcalo) on topic Festival Highlight and thanks
Thanks to the Spiegels for letting everyone take over for a day... It was an absolute blast!

Ok, so, highlights:

-Entering the Entertainment competition and telling my first Elven History story (for those who liked it, there will be more in the future as my character "uncovers" them)

- NPCing for 7 straight hours... personal favorites were
      (1) being a Lion and running into the woods...  right into a massive group of Druids who were discussing things... They tried to calm me down, I tried to maul them... Hmmm... Maybe should have went for the calming down thing...
      (2) Playing the bounty spider, "You have eight eyes, you should be able to see behind you." "No, I have 7." "Wait, what... OH MY GOD WE GOTTA GET THIS THING!
      (3) The group of hunters that lured the Travancians into chasing a regular boar in an attempt to steal their trophies... Minor flaw in plan: only one person that stayed back after the boar was killed had any trophies... But problem solved (yay Insult!)

- Sitting around after 10 chatting with Father Edwin about the Scholar profession... Definitely made me see things differently, and changed my plans a bit IG because he brought up some good points...

Lowlight:
- Driving home with a GPS that decided not to work and no printed reverse of the directions... Yay guessing games!

OOG: Matt Calo - Marshal
  • Oren Tenderson
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Be better than you were the day before.
  • Thank Yous: 172
27 Jun 2010 19:07 #4 by Oren Tenderson (Tormy)
Replied by Oren Tenderson (Tormy) on topic Festival Highlight and thanks
obviously, thank you for the hospitality and welcoming us all into your home for a day or so, charlie.

I had some really good RP time with some people I don't really get to hang around with often, and a few minutes with other that I do.

For all of the druids and rangers that went on the totem meditation, thank you all for the talks we had during and after that  entire exercise.  It was funny that we were attacked  by a bear and then a lion when we had all gotten to the point where the meditation had gotten to seeing our totems.

As for those of you who went on the small treasure hunting trips into the forest with me, sorry we always came up with nothing, but at least with what talking we did do, I would consider it all pretty quality RP for everyone involved.

For the conversations with Shamus, you are always fun to talk to about the questions I have been posing you.  Just for that reason I enjoyed hearing you talk about both the ranger path, and the witch hunter path.

Wolfgar, even as you were dressing down your camping spot, and were half out of costume, you still made the RP conversation we had feel very true to life, and I am quite happy with the results of that little talk.

Sam, I will keep bugging you in game until we get that talk done, but the little distractions you come up with are still fun and amusing.

The only downside i had this entire time, was consistently overheating in that armor and not getting to a drink fast enough.

Captain Oren Zero Tenderson of the Royal Baronial Guard of Travance.

OOG- William Bartlett
Marshal
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
27 Jun 2010 20:57 #5 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic Festival Highlight and thanks
Thanks Charlie and Tina!

Kabobs were wonderful, thanks for standing over the fire Jake!

-Getting everything worked out with Sam A+

-Beating Shalok in the combat tourney

-Winning second place in the combat tourney, then having multiple people ask to spar with me.

-Shamus and I dueling in the tall grass. For that moment, I didn't think I was at a festival anymore.

It was a good festival. The sneezing on the drive home wasn't so fun.

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • Oakroot
  • We all hope for happy endings... right?
  • Thank Yous: 1
28 Jun 2010 04:45 #6 by Oakroot (OakRoot)
Replied by Oakroot (OakRoot) on topic Festival Highlight and thanks
GREAT JOB TO BOTH GUYS HAD SUCH A GOOD TIME
I enjoyerd this Festival to the most extreme degree
-Watching everyone enjoy the atmosphere of all the townsfolk having a grand old time'

-Doing what I enjoy and that is TEACH I think I taught more at this one day festival than in any other event

-Having the chance to discuss totems, before being interrupted by my totem T.T

-Being closer to my Druid master and actually getting around to learning something awesome

-Bonding with friends and family

-Having Toravisu sit in on my teaching of Jump for Typhon and Cure Minor Wounds with Miso amusing to see him try to comprehend

-Making Geoff laugh durring my Instill Confidence Training when he asked me to do it on a celt/my brother lol

-Last but not least LEARNING BATTLE CASTING

(special thanks to Kristen, Sam, Travis, Geoff, and Typhon)

Brinden Oakroot
Vassal and Gaurd of Kaladonia
Student and Squire of Lady Elawyn Brightstar
Follower of Chronicler and Son of Arawyn
*OOG*
*Clark Livengood*
  • Tyra Silverfang
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I eat dark god babies...
  • Thank Yous: 0
28 Jun 2010 07:02 #7 by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing)
Replied by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing) on topic Festival Highlight and thanks
getting to see everyone was awesome!

- the real man test! ^_^ hilarity ensued
-poor poor naturi. that's all i'm gonna say lmao
- my first experience of deer burgers!
-PUPPEHS! so many doggehs!
-great rp with wolfgar (i had no idea erik was gonna be there so it was a pleasant surprise!)
- celt/barbarian hilarity... too much to even remember
- trying to make oakroot his long awaited sandwich lol
- james reaction to tucker trying to "get some" lmfao
- teaching for the first time was pleasantly delightful! ^_^ i hope my student enjoyed the lesson as well and thank you for those of you who helped with that lesson!
-not getting sunburned or overheating! ++

"There is a difference between a hero and a coward. A Hero wakes willing to risk death. A coward wakes wishing for it."

OOG: Adi
  • Seamstress
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Sew much fabric, sew little time
28 Jun 2010 08:27 #8 by Seamstress (Seamstress)
Replied by Seamstress (Seamstress) on topic Festival Highlight and thanks
Thank you to those of you who talked with Seamstress about garb; I'll be busy this summer for sure!
Thanks to all of you for being so thoughtful and courteous of our house and home.  Special thanks to the folks who cleaned the kitchen late Sat. night/Sun morning and to Paige and Steve who were absolutely thorough and magnificent on Sunday!  Because of all, you are more than welcome to return :)

OOG ~ Tina S ~ aka Seamstress
Primary Location 42°42' N, 75°11' W
Preferred Location 18°22'N, 78°14'W
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
28 Jun 2010 08:45 #9 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic Festival Highlight and thanks
Oh man! I totally forgot some things!

Punctuation jokes!

Dorian- "Hey Tyson, you're with me."
Typhon - "It's Typhon, like 'Hyphen' but with 'Ty' in front of it."
Dorian- *Five second pause* "I will never call you that ever, so, let's try new combinations!"

Typhon is now Tyrenthesis, because it sounds cooler.

-James needing an adult after seeing Tucker and Melody 'playfighting'.

Hearing Lyle Shaw complain about the dogs and animals and goblins.

Tina giving me some sturdy ribbon for my shield so I can wear it. Thank you again!

Good Times.

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
28 Jun 2010 13:52 #10 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Festival Highlight and thanks
Excellent time at the Black Orchid pavilion.

Forgetting that it was not Jen's pavilion, but rather Dame Mixolydia's.

A long conversation about scholars and scholarship.

Teaching Courage

Brokering a deal that will have repercussions as it is implemented.  Using Legal Contract for only the second time in the 3 years I have had it.

Winning the gaming competition,  Chess was a given, and I am decent at ring toss games, but I never played Nine Man Morris before.  Fortunately, it has elements of several games I do know, plus a basic strategy and tactics.

I had a wonderful time playing chess with Tori/Angelica.  For a person her age who does not play in serious competitions, she manifests a nice talent.  At one time I ws debating between two moves, each of which would win me a pawn.  I verbally whipped off the three and four move combinations and asked her if she could follow to which she replied yes.  The trick, I explained, is being able to properly evaluate the position. 

Ensuing hilarity with Steve M about him leaving an item card at home, locking his keys in his car, and dropping $40.  I found the money.

Treating the festival like my party makes it a matter of delegation.  My eternal gratitude to Stompin Jake, who actually cooked the kabobs in 94F heat. 

Smoking cigars

Tucker grazed all day and gratefully accepted petting and belly rubs.
I am certain more will come to mind

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
28 Jun 2010 16:41 #11 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Replied by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin) on topic Festival Highlight and thanks
Many thanks to Charlie and Tina for the use of their awesome property.

Thanks for the ladies who sweat it out in the kitchen and for the chef who cooked those kabobs.

The decorated pavillions and food/drink to be had were just awesome!

Enjoying tea with Ming and realizing that thirty minutes is way too expensive.

About to give up in the back woods and spotting a wooden box with a puzzle box.

Watching Lathiel totally enjoying himself, despite the heat.

All in all a good relaxing festival.

Norm

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
  • Seamstress
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Sew much fabric, sew little time
28 Jun 2010 18:20 #12 by Seamstress (Seamstress)
Replied by Seamstress (Seamstress) on topic Festival Highlight and thanks
Tucker seems to have finally "un-tuckered" himself.  On Sat. night he was definitely dragging, but not about to stop--you never know when a tasty morsel might hit the ground!

Shadow (cat #1) returned Sun morning; Onyx (cat #2) is still sulking in the woods it seems...

OOG ~ Tina S ~ aka Seamstress
Primary Location 42°42' N, 75°11' W
Preferred Location 18°22'N, 78°14'W
  • Erim Walker
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I love Travance. There are shirtless men EVERYWHER
28 Jun 2010 20:49 #13 by Erim Walker (shiva14b)
Replied by Erim Walker (shiva14b) on topic Festival Highlight and thanks
What a lovely, relaxing day! Nothing in particular to report, just a Nice Day, and I really enjoyed it. Cheers to the Spiegals for their hospitality, to the NPCs who sacrificed their day for our enjoyment (and the marshals too), and of course James for arranging the whole thing.

Only lowlights would be:

1. the tick I found rather firmly cemented to the back of my upper-leg when I got home. Managed to remove it whole (and still squiggly) with only a minor amount of hysterics over the fact that there was A BUG ON ME T_T.

2. A deep-stabbing through the achilles tendon from a large thorn sent off some sort of bizarre chain reaction that led to my entire lower leg seizing up in some sort of swollen, cramping chain-reaction that left me unable to move my right foot for hours after I returned home. That was kinda scary T_T.

"Ok we can attack... but if we miss, we'll hit the villagers."
"I'm willing to take that chance!"

Things I am no longer allowed to do in an RPG :
31. The backup trap handler is not whoever has the most HP at the time.
73. Not allowed to name my cudgel Ceremonial Whoopass Stick.
74. My thief's battle cry is not "Run And Live"

[OOG Jenna
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
28 Jun 2010 22:24 #14 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Festival Highlight and thanks
Onyx has returned and after I opened the door he deigned to brush my leg, made certain we had not moved his food bowl, and exited the house.  Tucker is back to his usual energetic self having recovered all day Sunday.  I can hear his occasional barks from someplace not on our property.

I would like to extend my thanks to all who helped clean up after.  More tangible than my gratitude, the gods will bless you with SP if you see me at the July Event.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • fathertain
  • I am also known, as the Angel Crusher
30 Jun 2010 11:00 #15 by fathertain (fathertain)
Replied by fathertain (fathertain) on topic Festival Highlight and thanks
big thanks are due to Doug E.  He woke up at 7 that morning with james to begin set up, worked the booth for sign in, then spent all but two hours serving as a monster marshal.  I was happy to help MM for the afternoon but Doug spent his whole day in "logistics".

thanks buddy

R.R.Draconus

Seneschal, Travance Proper

-adam
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
30 Jun 2010 11:14 #16 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic Festival Highlight and thanks
I really had an amazing time at the festival, not the least of which was due to the awesome people I got to spend it with.  Being away so often in Florida, there are so many new(er) players I never get the chance to interact with.  While I know many have been coming for a long time now, it really impresses me when I see how far they have come in their roleplay from those first and early events I witnessed.  Due to the nature of the festival, I really able to spend some casual time just hanging out with these characters, and it really made it some of the best fun I've had at KR in awhile.

Some particularly Highlights:

-Teaching all the Druids (and friends) and watching them teach.  My druids are all grown up!

-Spur of the moment Totem meditation with all those interested.  I haven't done one of those in awhile, and I hope everyone involved had a good time, even if we did get interrupted at the most crucial part. 

-Getting to know people I rarely spend time with!  I had a lot of fun RPing with Winter Sage and Oryx, but it was nice getting to know both Tristan and Paige as well.

-Helping to decorate and keep pretty the Winterdonia Tent!  As always, I loved all my time spent RPing with Mixolydia, Sorel, Janus and everyone else that came through.  Also, we had delicious food. :)

Just a handful, I'm sure there are more.  Thanks everyone for such a great Saturday!

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
30 Jun 2010 11:18 #17 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Festival Highlight and thanks
Doug E was a HUGE help this weekend! Thanks man!

Thanks (in no particular order) also to Adam, Jake, Sean K., Norm, Nick, Kyle, Dianne, Steve O, MB, Pat H., Steve M, Leslie, Paul S. Andy, Mike D, Jon  and obviously Charlie and Tina for hosting!

Thanks to everyone who helped set up and break down, everyone who NPC'd full or part time, and of course everyone who cam to enjoy the day!

The Bounties and the puzzle boxes seemed to go over so well, we might start implementing them a bit more often into the regular events.

The food and the desserts where all fantastic! Thanks to everyone who had a hand in either!

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
30 Jun 2010 14:22 #18 by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507)
Replied by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507) on topic Festival Highlight and thanks

Oh man! I totally forgot some things!

Punctuation jokes!

Dorian- "Hey Tyson, you're with me."
Typhon - "It's Typhon, like 'Hyphen' but with 'Ty' in front of it."
Dorian- *Five second pause* "I will never call you that ever, so, let's try new combinations!"

Typhon is now Tyrenthesis, because it sounds cooler.

Typhon hated this and offered to beat anyone who calls him this into a bloody pulp. But I personally think it does sound cool.
Learned a lot things at this event thanks to all of my teachers, Learning Jump was quite fun.  Wall of Thorns was great.
Druid meditation interrupted by animals awesome. Looking at the wolf in my mind and hearing growling was just great. [After the confused bear walks away from the utterly confused Druids. Typhon: “For a second there I thought it was my totem growling.” Everyone laughs. Sorel:  Congratulations Typhon your spirit has taken form on the Material plane!”]
Explaining to Sage how my character is related to a High Elf. [Sage: Are you adopted or something? Typhon: No Actually it’s sort of the opposite, Abandoned.]
All the druids interfering with the hunting competition. So fun.
Teaching Catlike Grace to Miso.
During the Entertainment Competition getting distracted by Thousands of blinking Fireflies just Spectacular. Also an earlier conversation with Sage and Elawynn about whether Lightning Bugs/Fireflies were filled with Lightning or Fire.

Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga
Hero of Auralion
Warrior of the White Wolf

- Druid

David Reyes
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.737 seconds