July 2012 Highlights

31 Jul 2012 09:23 #31 by Mother Marika (Ophelia)
Replied by Mother Marika (Ophelia) on topic July 2012 Highlights

Elawyn wrote: -Can't forget Elawyn's biggest social regret - sitting at the front at Mass, loosing her cool, and questioning Marika. This is why she always hides in the back. Later, great talks with Rosa and Kwildar in partial result.

Kristen, honestly when i was on the porch crying afterwards, it's cuz I was so heavy into my RP that it was either cry or burst into laughter, and the former sounded less crazy for Marika. But I love you for the awesome RP moment! :P

Master Marika Korsova Laurent Belmont
Priestess of Galmachis
Soul Warden
Shadow Hunter
"For eternity."

Doctor Winifred Sterling
"Oh dear...now I'll have to cut it out...again..."

OOG- Samantha Maksoud
Logistics Marshal

"Intelligence is the wife, imagination is the mistress, memory is the servant."-Victor Hugo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
31 Jul 2012 11:24 #32 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic July 2012 Highlights

GJSchaller wrote: One I missed:

Charles D, playing a Hobgoblin, being interrogated in the Inn: "ODO! HELP ME! COMMAND GOBLINOID!"

Odo, from outside, in a sing-song voice: "mind shield!"

^
This

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
31 Jul 2012 16:49 #33 by Galstaus Nightwolf (galstaus)
Replied by Galstaus Nightwolf (galstaus) on topic July 2012 Highlights
Although I left a little after the feast Saturday night I had a great time. The most memorable was when I was NPCing as a troll during the thunderstorm with my pals. The party of trolls was scavenging for food and some PCs we came across feed us instead of fighting us. At one point Emily (I do not know her IG name) gave us bananas and we were smashing them into each other's mouths and eating off the ground. Very troll-like IMO...

Honorable mention to my boy Tim "Too Sweet" Yates who got into a wrestling match with the Count! That was his first time at a LARP!

OOG: Dan "DB" Lupus

"I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown."
-Homer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Velius (Velius)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
31 Jul 2012 17:41 #34 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic July 2012 Highlights
Also: The Count wrestling a troll in the rain... all I can say is that it looked fun as hell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
31 Jul 2012 18:16 #35 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic July 2012 Highlights

Elric_Ashby wrote: Also: The Count wrestling a troll in the rain... all I can say is that it looked fun as hell.

Not gonna lie, I thought Corsair had something to do with it when I stumbled onto that.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
31 Jul 2012 19:07 #36 by Clove (Mark)
Replied by Clove (Mark) on topic July 2012 Highlights
early morning hookah with delightful people
adventurers' guild mission. Mike Smith, it was every bit as amazing as I thought it would be.

OOG-Mark B
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
31 Jul 2012 19:50 #37 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic July 2012 Highlights
Last, an hour plus RP session in the Inn with Hadrian while waiting for the Goblin attack. Some of my best and most consistently enjoyable RP scenes have been with him, and this one, on the topic of the Weave, Sorcery in general, and White Sorcery in particular will lead to many more talks. For one accomplished in magic, Edwin has much to learn.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
31 Jul 2012 22:16 #38 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic July 2012 Highlights

Elric_Ashby wrote:

GJSchaller wrote: One I missed:

Charles D, playing a Hobgoblin, being interrogated in the Inn: "ODO! HELP ME! COMMAND GOBLINOID!"

Odo, from outside, in a sing-song voice: "mind shield!"

^
This

Thank you.

I know I had to leave the event early, but it was a very nice event. Even with the rain.

I was, at first, skeptical with the event. I thought "Oh, just another New Gaaldron War, I've been through 5 or 6 of them. No big whoop." I was wrong. I missed a few events so I was behind in the whole lead-up.

It was great! There was so much racism and hatred around!

Fantastic job everyone involved!

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • Augustus
  • Thank Yous: 56
01 Aug 2012 11:56 - 01 Aug 2012 12:16 #39 by Augustus (OEBlaze)
Replied by Augustus (OEBlaze) on topic July 2012 Highlights
Friday Night:

Going on a simple scouting mission with Moirya while invisible, then being quick-bound and dragged off to the Goblin War Camp. Screaming all the way there, through a gag, and having no voice for the rest of the event. (Worth it!)

Roleplaying fear so intense that I had to laugh at my captors, because the only other reaction I could of had was to cry. Having Matt decide it'd be better to kill me than to let me live. Killing blow 1.... 2... 3.... 4... DIVE ROLL! Then getting incapped, and sent right to crit.

3 and a half minutes into the crit count, getting rescued from the middle of the goblin war camp by Moirya and Victor. Literally being unable to see because of poor night vision, and following the sound of their ninja footsteps... poorly. I think I walked headfirst into at least four trees. (Also worth it!)

Going back to the War Camp, and telling the general the location of the Goblin war camp, estimated troop count, and possible location of "The elf" prisoner. Studying in the count's library.

Saturday:

"LORE: SEA!!" "Wait, really? Okay, come over here" Using Lore: Sea to not only identify and know the behaviors of Grindylows, but also to dive in and rescue a townsmember, his two swords, his shield, and the grindylows dead body from the bottom of the lake even when Anhil's Strength +5 could not. (And you thought Lore: Sea was useless.)

Playing Roulette: Okay, if it lands on 0 or 00 The game's over. =lands on 00= Okay, so I owe you... 60 Gold total now? =goes to bank= DAMMIT I COULD HAVE CALLED SECOND CHANCE! =ensuing fit of rage and madness=

Getting yelled at for gambling while the Earth Drake was attacking the inn. "Okay, when you want my dead body to be a tripping hazard for our forces, I shall get up and run into battle"

NPCing Main Mod:
Marching through puddles.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH
Hitting Lethias in disguise for suggesting a retreat.
Taking out 3 PCs with one detonation.
Exploding all the PCs.
Casually walking around the front lines to detonate on the squishies in back.

After Main Mod:
Lizardkin Drum Circle, you know who you are.

Talking with Carlos, and having my fortune read. As dismal as it looked, there was a light at the end of the journey. I would like to discuss this in more detail with him another time.

Sunday:
Drega-Brunch.

All in all, great event for Justin, bad event for Augustus. It will be interesting to see what he does next.

John Smith
[hr][hr]Augustus Waters
Private in the Baronial Guard

[hr]OOG: Justin E. Torres
New Player Marshal
[hr]
Last edit: 01 Aug 2012 12:16 by Augustus (OEBlaze).
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
01 Aug 2012 17:09 #40 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic July 2012 Highlights
Oh boy, was this a busy event...

Friday night, being able to approach and talk briefly to Lady Elawyn and investigate possible futures for Annora, and then ending up at the war meeting. That was impressive...both Annora and I need to brush up on Kormyrian geography!

2-6am saturday morning NPC shift...one of the most fun NPC shifts ever. Thank you, marshals who were running that one.
From high level mod jade golem and baby golems, to the looks of awe in logistics after pulling a giant Mountain Dew out of hiding.
And then the Goblin Murder Squad. I want to reprise that role.
And wrapping it up with poison bacon mod...silly Travance, lured to their deaths by bacon. It's a good thing more enemies haven't picked up on the barony's greatest weakness...

Saturday...I don't even remember half of what happened. I know there was business at the war camp, being sent off hither and yonder, and my suffering a slight bout of dehydration. Wolf mod that was broken by Keavy and Typhon. And then running from the inn to the baronial manor and back and back in the downpour.

Count Everest wrestling a troll. In the mud. That is all. Except that there should have been popcorn for those watching.

FIRE! Spontaneously deciding with Zafrin during feast prep to try to get the fireplace going, and then finding the perfect person to pull it off. Most welcome after the rain.

Main mod: Being part of a functioning shield wall was sweet. Losing my character card, not so much. But thank you to the awesome person who found my dropped stuff in the mud.

Learning instill confidence from Tobar...Dimitri, thank you for being a trooper. And halfway through, Mercutio the Menagerist shows up at the inn...cue repeated silence and pacify spells thrown at me. Made the end of the lesson a tad tricky.

Recruited by Bran to be the subject of a new chaos warrior's fear lesson...good thing Annora has plenty of courage.

Insane and suicidal Raphael and watching bard lessons at stupid o'clock Saturday evening. Plus falling asleep in the inn and a few ghoul and ghost incursions.

Strange breakfast Sunday morning conversations...apparently fae get around quite a lot!

Sunday morning arm-wrestling competition. And silly Augustus dared bet against Mirwen...thanks for the gold, dude:D

Everyone becomes an archer!

Experiencing crit for the first time after getting thwacked with a slay Sunday morning. Ow. Thanks Na'ar for getting me back up.

All in all, a great event that got Annora investigating her possible futures a bit more.

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
01 Aug 2012 18:27 #41 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic July 2012 Highlights

Annora wrote: Learning instill confidence from Tobar...Dimitri, thank you for being a trooper. And halfway through, Mercutio the Menagerist shows up at the inn...cue repeated silence and pacify spells thrown at me. Made the end of the lesson a tad tricky.

"Yes! Be brave! Tell her you're not afraid! Tell her to get back in the kitchen and make you some pie!"

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sean Moulson (Moulson13), Keavy (Dani)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
01 Aug 2012 22:48 #42 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic July 2012 Highlights

Bran MacInnes wrote:

Annora wrote: Learning instill confidence from Tobar...Dimitri, thank you for being a trooper. And halfway through, Mercutio the Menagerist shows up at the inn...cue repeated silence and pacify spells thrown at me. Made the end of the lesson a tad tricky.

"Yes! Be brave! Tell her you're not afraid! Tell her to get back in the kitchen and make you some pie!"

*Starts throwing pies* You want pie? I'll give you pie!!
I will take ranged weapon prof just to throw pies at people.
And believe me, with my cooking, they should at least be doing poison damage or somesuch.

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
03 Aug 2012 06:01 #43 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic July 2012 Highlights
Wow, what an event.

Friday
*Took first NPC event and had a blast. Everyone in Logistics painting each other Green for the shift, we all grew closer at that point.
*Going out as a Goblin Commander with a group being told to deliver an Elf captive to the war camp.
*Sneaking around the inn and delivering the captive to the camp and being told to deliver his ear to the inn and then run back to logistics.
*Having to sneak back to the inn as all the high level players were searching for the camp and I would not have been able to survive.
*Getting back to the inn and delivering the ear and then running as people chased after me.
*Getting caught and being “interrogated” by Billiam, Winks and some others for some time.
*Being stuffed into a chest, spun around repeatedly and having “fire” thrown in.
*Having my eyes and mouth “burned” shut and then having it cut open again to talk more. Never have I been thanked for an RP scene after the fact by the others in the scene and it felt great knowing that I helped make the game more fun for them. By the way the scene was great fun to play.
*Going back to the inn as a healer and everyone looking at me with suspicion.
*Being lectured as the healer on how to be brave
*Went to bed

Saturday
*Up early and went to serve breakfast.
*Getting there so early that I could prep the area before hand and really being ready for serving.
*Elves all over the kitchen: serving, taking orders, and running food
*Heading to the war camp
*Going on a wolf mod with a Grumblegut and Druidonia, and breaking it as we managed to make the wolves happy and not attack us. GO DRUIDS!
*Coming back and being told Lorelai had passed through the focus, running from the war camp to the monastery and waiting.
*RAN!
*MORE RAIN!!
*Group Clergy shower....
*Feast
*Slept

Sunday
*Got up and had strange conversations with Cypher. Why oh why do Nyads get around so much.
*Finding food for breakfast (thanks Goose)
*Serving breakfast and making moneys
*Sunday mod
*Everyone playing Archer
*First Master Marksmen list
*Being cursed with a Beard, damn you Gypsies
*Having curse being removed
*Being recursed with a beard, damn you Gypsies again
*Clean up

Thank you to everyone who makes this game more and more fun and interesting for me. I really can't express my gratitude to everyone. Thank you and see you in two events. Sad I wont be at the next one.

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
  • McDermitt
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Youve not even begun to taste my might!
  • Thank Yous: 30
03 Aug 2012 10:53 #44 by McDermitt (Matt Quagz)
Replied by McDermitt (Matt Quagz) on topic July 2012 Highlights
I rarely post on here. Just wanted to say that Sean Moulson's RP for the beating Gene and I tossed at him during the interrogation was outstanding. Well done.

Sir Slack McDermitt the Boar
Knight of Travance
Steward of Valdalis
Master of the Mages' Guild

oog-Matt Q
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.657 seconds