August 2012 Highlights!

• Augustus
  • Thank Yous: 56
20 Aug 2012 00:17 #1 by Augustus (OEBlaze)
August 2012 Highlights! was created by Augustus (OEBlaze)
So, I guess I'll kick this off?

Officially a vassal to Drega'Mire. WOO!

Deciding to stay in the inn and play lots of poker instead of going out in the wet and probably getting myself killed.

Sleeping in on Saturday morning, but not late enough to miss breakfast.

Fastest Breakfast I've ever ordered.

Using the largest salad bowl I've ever seen.

Congratulating the now Lord Aleister.

Getting nice tips for refilling bottles of Ale during Feast.

Rushing over to NPC duty after Feast.

Being the only Orc in a platoon of Ogres, and taking charge, even though I probably had the least body.

Setting up an ambush so good, I didn't know where the rest of the army was after a quick scouting mission.

Returing from asking a rules question to the On-Duty Marshall, and meeting the PC we were supposed to be ambushing. (I'm really sorry for ruining that for you, it would have been great.)

All of the Cleaves. All of them.

Playing a Black Crow Assassin to a townmember, "Are you okay? Did these assassins get you?" "No, I'm fine." "Good. Waylay, 16 Poison, 6 backstab, 6 backstab"

Losing all of the money I won earlier in the event to Wiver and his uncle Cletty.

Tick-free, mosquito-lite for me.

Making it through the entire weekend without messing up my ankle, only to have it go out when moving my stuff out of the Drega'Mire room.

John Smith
[hr][hr]Augustus Waters
Private in the Baronial Guard

[hr]OOG: Justin E. Torres
New Player Marshal
[hr]
20 Aug 2012 00:47 #2 by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli)
Replied by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli) on topic August 2012 Highlights!
I am so happy to be posting up my high lights. This event was so good to me.

First it kicked off by me moving back to Jersey and getting to see everyone once again.

My biggest and best high light from the weekend was getting hugged from behind, only to find out that it was my first friend ever, Matt B. (Max) <3 So, it made my entire event just seeing him after two long years, I don't think anything could have ruined my event after that.

Friday-
- Watching Hamish crawl out of a chest...
- Kaledonia meeting and learning my civil service, finally! Health administration for Kaledonia, woo!
- A nice heart to heart with Lord Erdrick about different matters, making Kamei feel much better
- Introducing Max to all of my new friends in Travance and trading back and forth what I have learned and accomplished
- Walking in the rain back to the tent with Jun, only to be woken up a few hours later by loud yelling of the celt-tent being attacked

Saturday-
- Wish Jade and Jun happy birthdays~~ <3 Happy Birthday Angel and Dustin!
-Swedish fish and curry!!
-Coming across a injured woman who was very crazy as we were going for a walk, only to have her drag me back into the inn. Thank you Gweynned for your help with her!!!
-Taking said woman to the monastary to have her question the light gods, only to feel awkward and leave because well...-points to self- Khitan
- Trying to help people as a big-bad was throwing around necromancy during the day time...
- Which led into me walking back to the inn, only to see a creepy shadow creature lurking around going after people...
-Only to see that Sanniyah had been grabbed and taken away, to have her being brought up to me almost dead...phew.
-The circle of fighting was the most fantastic thing I have ever seen. It was so interesting and so awesome to get to watch people fight like that.
-Kamei trying to preserve her honor by taking her own life in the arena, only to be yelled at Lord and Lady Brightstar not too...and I did pretty well before I died :D
-Staying next to the pit for five hours healing people was fantastically awesome, I felt so useful! ^_^ Resuscitates for EVERYONE!
-Finally getting a break to leave and to take Jun/Dustin out for his birthday ^_^
-Coming back at the start of feast, to only sit outside with Jed and talk about many a thing
-Seeing Ralph at game!! So awesome!
-Apparently getting "honorable mention" at feast, which made me smile.
- Helping clean in the kitchen before going off to NPC duty!

NPC:
So...this NPC duty was one of the most fun I have done in a while. Practically mini-mod boss, which was fantastic. So many skills, and it was awesome to not go down so easily. My best story...
Stealthing around the battle field...and seeing Hamish. Walk up behind..and...ASSASSINATE. Only to watch Ian fall face first into the ground. It was fantastic and even as an NPC, made me feel awesome like I did a great job.
Also...scaring up some stuff in the inn with Adam!

After:
-Sanniyah's party! It was nice to see everyone and to get to hang out with a lot of people I didn't get to hang out with all weekend.
-Being attacked by grim guardians and spiders while walking up to the inn, and having my legs taken and eaten. WOO!

-Saying good bye is always hard, but good byes were said, stuff was packed and Dustin and I left early.

IT WAS GOOD TO SEE EVERYONE AGAIN <3 It made me feel like it was my first event all over again ^_^

[Kamei Kunsai, Vassal and Health Administer of Kaladonia]
[Luminista Petsho-Aeislin]

(oog: Shannon F.)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
20 Aug 2012 00:55 #3 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic August 2012 Highlights!
Oh boy, where do I start?
well first off, My logistics marshal shift was rather busy as usual... and just remember, if you ask me to write up an item card for something; I WILL add flavor text.
Helping set up Scorpion mod... Hurl is a really unfriendly tag skill. a superior 50 ft throw? That can make soomeone's night take a turn for the really bad.
Special NPC role: that mod went off perfectly, when I can creep out half of the town without even lifting a weapon, that is a win.
Bursting into Caelvin's (spelling?) tent in crow form, grabbing the unfortunate elf, then flying off with him.
went as such:
fly in
Invoke nightmare on both of the occupants
subdue, strength +5
fly off with him
drop from 50 feet in the middle of a field near Ostcliff.

Falling damage: it is a fun thing to cause as an NPC

"Well, we know we are looking for a giant bird!" heh

Once that was done, I just went to sleep.

Saturday: Elric's return!

Explaining to various people as to where Elric has been, and meeting all of the people who had arrived in the time that he was away.
Surprisingly I did not go to the forge all that often while I was here.

The Shadow creature was awesome. Vince, all I have to say is that you did an amazing job with that. That was one of the creepiest creatures that I have seen yet... but also one of the most hilarious.

Getting tagged by the shadow creature, and mopping the floor with the guy that I faced.

freaking some of the new people out with nexus... always fun.

Main mod: "would you like fire or ice?"
"Kill it with fire!"
swinging for 15's with a one hander is kinda nice... not gonna lie.
FINALLY MAKING USE OF MY RACIAL DEFENSE!!!
Falling damage from the big bad? I am detecting a theme here...

After main mod.
"great, I have not been able to use Nexus at all..."
*looks outside, and sees a horde of undead*
"I GOT THIS!!!"
taking out the horde of undead, killing each of the skeletons with one hit each.

finally going to bed once I met my undead-stomping quota. (which was every single one that I saw)

Teaching three people things and stuff on Sunday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
  • Augustus
  • Thank Yous: 56
20 Aug 2012 00:58 #4 by Augustus (OEBlaze)
Replied by Augustus (OEBlaze) on topic August 2012 Highlights!
Things I forgot! Lots of good RP with Valentine. From learning fencing, to teaching how to be an appraiser by trade.
The explosion at the bloody stump that I had absolutely nothing to do with at all... I dont even know why I'm mentioning it, it's not like I was there or anything.
Fighting with a Polearm at Main Mod.
Intimidating Wahs.

And of course. All of the beautiful people that make up Travance. Yes, all of you. Thanks for being generally awesome and doing things that my tired brain can't remember.

I really loved the arena, and wanted to fight, but Augustus would've been slaughtered.

John Smith
[hr][hr]Augustus Waters
Private in the Baronial Guard

[hr]OOG: Justin E. Torres
New Player Marshal
[hr]
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
20 Aug 2012 01:44 #5 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic August 2012 Highlights!

Elric_Ashby wrote: Oh boy, where do I start?

Bursting into Caelvin's (spelling?) tent in crow form, grabbing the unfortunate elf, then flying off with him.
went as such:
fly in
Invoke nightmare on both of the occupants
subdue, strength +5
fly off with him
drop from 50 feet in the middle of a field near Ostcliff.

You forgot, Caelvan intercepts the second that was cast on Keavy, and you were close......"a" instead of an "i"

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
20 Aug 2012 10:32 #6 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic August 2012 Highlights!
I have to say, Alexander and “Moon”- You guys MADE my Friday night. I haven’t laughed so much on a Friday night of KR in a LONG LONG LONG LONG time. Thank you so much. Sorry I disappeared and didn’t come back as my elf on Sunday. I’ll be Neina on Friday Night next event too.

Neina buying a Mithral Sword for 5 Gold of someone else’s money SCORE.

Butt Scratch… Nuff said.

One Shotting my challenger in the ring of death. (as Ekatarina). Merica, fantastic RP after my match.

Gaian Clergy decorating the Gaian Alter. Paige it was awesome to have you back, you need to be back more!

(Paige, Merica and Ekatarina sitting in the monestary talking about Gaian things when Rayven and Kwildar walk in)
Kwildar: Let me leave the Gaian women alone.
(girls start giggling)
Rayven: I hate that we taught you humor.

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Uhtred (Erich Lutz)
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
20 Aug 2012 10:55 #7 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic August 2012 Highlights!
That Gaian alter looked awesome, even at night.

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt D (MattD)
  • Misaki
  • Dark Sith? Where?!
  • Thank Yous: 23
20 Aug 2012 12:14 - 20 Aug 2012 13:04 #8 by Misaki (cbodnar)
Replied by Misaki (cbodnar) on topic August 2012 Highlights!
Man it's good to be back, and what an event to come back on! There's a lot of awesome things that happened over the weekend, but here's a few that really stuck out in my mind:

Friday Night
1) Assisting Dr. Maxwell with taking Aemorniel's brain out...and almost dropping it. My bad! Also, "Don't tell a God what he can't or can't do" - Dr. Maxwell referring to himself
2) Temple Run Mod. From the Froggymen all the way down to the "Raider's of the Lost Ark"-esque ending, kudos on running a fantastic mod there Gus. Also, seeing Mars and Chris G's alts totally owning that dungeon with arrows and [strike]Damien's [/strike] Damian's PC for being super-trap-man!
3) Arden (I hope I'm saying that right) being my first dragoon student. Get ready for a wild and wicked ride! ;)

Saturday
1) The succession of mods that required Misaki's attention was alarmingly high, but SO awesome to be a part of. I swear he's becoming a runner for assembling the troops.
2) Naps outside of the Baron's Manor after reading books under a shady tree on a warm, breezy day. That is going to be Misaki's happy place the next time he finds himself being tortured to death.
3) Getting to dress all fancy for feast and sitting next to the count, leading to a HUGE advancement in Misaki's relationship with the Count and their dragons. jamesckimball.com/thanks_for_the_awesomeness

Oh, and 10 points from Kaladonia for its Lord getting me stuck in a circle of death with him while trying to get me to do civil service for his land :P

Saturday Night
1) Mike Smith, main mod was CRAZY! I don't think I've ever had a tougher time in a fight than I did there. The combination of tough NPCs and little movement room made it a main mod I'm sure to remember. Also, sleep blade poison immunity ftw.
2) "DID YOU SEE THAT? MAGNUS just PUNCHED A MAN to DEATH!...WITH HIS FISTS!" Judge, whenever you rant as Jed it's just pure gold.
3) SLEEP! Thank you npcs for not waking me, whether you meant it or not.

Sunday
1) Woke up, took a walk...then played one of the death knights that half of you guys beat on mercilessly. Painful? Yes. Would I do it again? Hell yeah.
2) So apparently, I magically appear whenever somebody is hitting on Aemorniel...hmm...

Again, thanks for an awesome event to return to and I'm REALLY looking forward to the next one in a couple weeks or so!

Misaki Xianlu VonRitter, the Nemesis

Vassal of Pendarvin

"Evil Must Be Destroyed"

Last edit: 20 Aug 2012 13:04 by Misaki (cbodnar).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
20 Aug 2012 13:15 #9 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Also, Aemorniel using psychoanalize on Elric, and causing Lord Brightstar to stop and look at us with a look of "what the *bleep*"

That was kind of hilarious.

Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
20 Aug 2012 13:21 #10 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic August 2012 Highlights!
First off this whole event was a major mind blow on what the main mod was going to be. The unexpectednes(i don't care that's not a word.) was really cool.

saturday: the arena was by far the most awsome thing in I could have ever hoped for. As long as we had physicians nobody died. even if my sword was shattered I don't care it was just that much fun. Also the gorgon mod was cool even if they were pretty much almost immune to everything we hit them with and having to run to get help. still it was epic. Finally for saturday thanks for sending things to the inn during main mod just for those who didn't go on it for whatever reason.

unfortunatly i did leave early sunday so i literaly have nothing to say on that but yeah. overall this was another epic event.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ming Na (Ming Na), Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli)
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
20 Aug 2012 13:47 #11 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic August 2012 Highlights!
First and foremost this event marked my one year anniversary since first coming to KR and starting Larping so that was nice.

I have to say it's hilarious to have Erdrick insisting that I am wearing the wrong colors--Green and White are more my colors in his mind. Then having Jed tell me--Red and White. You guys know how to make a lady feel wanted :P

Friday:
~Seeing my "other brother" Matt. It was a pleasant surprise and glad to see you. I could tell it really made Norm and Nick happy to see you play along too.
~Getting Misaki's surprise I had commissioned delivered to him and enjoying him being confused by the message it was "from a friend".
~Getting my brain cut out at the Mage's Guild by Dr. Maxwell. To get in there, we had to be Blinked and to prep me for surgery I drank Ingested Sleep Poison I believe. I tried my best to not laugh OOG at the gruesome amount of details Maxwell was getting into that was grossing out Misaki as he assisted. As always Ben--you are a delight to see do your work. Your face afterwards as I was upset that my brain wasn't pretty was priceless.
~FINALLY SANE! There are NO MORE insanities in this girl. Took 6 months but it was totally worth it.
~Ardin asking if I would like to run a brothel house as a Madam. The hilarity in this cannot be expressed with words.
~Being informed that Lord Na's vassals had spoke to my brother about Lord Na wanting to unite House Na and House Silverbow through marriage. Hmmm...Lady Aemorniel does sound rather nice...hahaha.
~Starting Misaki's Ogham Reading only to have it paused as I heard the words "Temple of Knowledge". It was fun on that mod even when time grew short, it rained, and my PC's Chroniclerite heart was broken by watching a scroll being torn to pieces.
~Helping with the cypher that was encrypted on all the maps. Elias--you are a wonder to watch at work.

Saturday:
~Spending Saturday afternoon with my friends in Alisandria. I have never laughed so hard in the longest time. Defibrillators, broken people, food, etc. I had a ball with you guys. Somewhere along the line I had agreed to join the business group there.
~Giving Jed his ogham reading. Most of the time it was twisted to sound really sexual by Judge (love you man) to the amusement of everyone there but I could see some were really hitting home. That single reading earned me 5 or 6 RP points all on its own--new personal record.
~Playing an accidental game of "catch me if you can" with Misaki trying to find me after I woke up.
~Sitting outside of the Baron's manor to make scrolls, work on manuscripts and codices, and having a dragoon taking a nap in my lap. Weather was gorgeous, I was comfortable under my tree, and it was just very peaceful.
~Jed and Aemorniel's talk before feast started. This is turning into a really interesting friendship.
~Misaki's meditation down at the Dragon Cairn because of stuff. Aemorniel's never felt more proud or happy for her bodyguard.
~Spending time during Main Mod with Elawyn. I learned so much about Arawyn and werewolves and such. Giving you your reading was very interesting to say the least.

Sunday:
~Waking up to make my rounds about the camp before settling back down with my friends in Alisandria. Jonas stole my sword for a time and had a ball, saying it made him feel Asian as he swung it around.
~Informing Antrim of my abilities as a scholar and physician and being told most likely he would have me in charge of health care of one of his lands after jokes of having me do Dark Forces Investigation.
~Buying a Potion of Dark Heroism and promptly giving it to Rudolph because "that's more his department frankly".
~Raven coming over to me in front of the Inn and telling me "So I'm told that if I want Misaki to appear all I have to do is flirt with you." At that moment Cy comes back from Logistics and is heading back in our direction. The laughs shared after that were priceless.
~Psychoanalyzing Elrick's brain and figuring out he has hives based around stress. I promptly proceed to tell him that it's probably based in sexual frustration being a priest and all--which is exactly when Erdrick walks by and just hears me say loudly "it doesn't mean it's not sexual frustration" and him pausing with a WTF face.
~One on One with Gideon on the prospect of becoming a noble through marriage. It's a lot easier talking to you about stuff as a fellow Quinarian since you're one of the few who don't have a stock in my future. Thank you so much for being honest with your advice.
~Misaki and Aemorniel discussing the prospect as well and the sweet question he asked off-hand as they walked.

NPC Duty:
~Willow-o'-the-Wisp has to be the best NPC I've gotten to play in the longest time. Natural curiosity of people made it so I didn't have to call half my skills. Favorite moments were the three newer people I had tagged down in Alisandria that I ditched out in the field near the Baron's Manor, the 6 or so men from the Bloody Stump who followed me for shits and giggles to make sure I wouldn't cause harm dwindling down to just Antrim and a knight whose IG name I keep forgetting but is a delight then vanishing in the middle of a path, catching Belegchand and making him go all the way down to the beach and then just vanishing. Him cursing out the "stupid willow-o'-the-wisps" was delightful.
~When out as an Undead, being used as part of a Witchhunter's lesson/test if you will.
~Going out as a bodyguard of sorts for some strange mod and using a body block on an undead NPC that went to attack me just as the PCs were going to question and probably arrest me and my companion. That proved to them we were legit and they let us go.

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice), Ming Na (Ming Na), Uhtred (Erich Lutz)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
20 Aug 2012 16:16 - 20 Aug 2012 16:49 #12 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic August 2012 Highlights!
Let's see, this was an overall interesting event for Ava even though nothing too huge happened for her.

FRIDAY:

- Getting asked a million times about her face only to reply "I think this is an attractive look and will get me a worthy husband"

- Being pulled aside my Mother Rosa and the "interesting" talks that ensued. Then being yelled at my Aleister and being threatened to being thrown in jail/put to death if she investigates her curiosity any further.

SATURDAY:

-Talking with Jed. Nuff Said.

-Fighting in the Fighting Pit and just destroying my opponent in less than 3 minutes. It was great and after I killed them I looked up and most of the people there just looked at me and were like ". . ." Ava was slightly sad that it seemed like they had "Underestimated" her abilities. (I was just happy OOG that it went well XD)

-Learning Strength with Orias.... After giving him 2 potions of Giant Strength.(Though one of them was actually a silent apology for insulting him on Friday)

-Low Level Main Mod was interesting, Wrecked a lot of stuff with Warlockery and helped keep everyone together and moving with Wolfgar's Family member (I don't think we ever actually met in game)

- BEST MINI CONVO WITH ANNORA DURING THE FIGHT:

-NPC lands a crit on Ava, who ate it like a champ-
Ava: "Yes keep hitting me hard like that it's turning me on!"
Annora: "Oh you chaos types"

NPC SHIFT:

-Getting to play a necromancer who got insulted twice during the battle at Alissandria. Even though my death was quick after being forced out of invisibility that way then being killed via psionics it was awfully fulfilling to Perfect Cast Harvest Your Soul for revenge to an insult.

SUNDAY:

- Getting Blown up because Bolton opened up a box with a bomb in it.

-Bacon for Alissandria to silently fix the fact that she was accused of sassing Lady Cassandra.

Overall great event! Can't wait until Sept!

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
Last edit: 20 Aug 2012 16:49 by Narcis (ChrisR).
  • Tatsuya
  • Thank Yous: 10
20 Aug 2012 16:24 #13 by Tatsuya (Darkweave)
Replied by Tatsuya (Darkweave) on topic August 2012 Highlights!
Awesome event even from before lay on...
First Matt Calo drives by in his car and yells "Get in there's no time to explain!" Surprise I'm the backup backup wielder of Maelstrom
All of the dragon spirit conflict with Maelstrom
Learning spirit of the dragon while holding Maelstrom
Running from Bolton and Radezial when he was turned into a living statue, saving both the swords and Bolton and I from terrible fates
All of the rp that went into my gaining acceptance for druid training was just indescribably amazing... the meditation, the discussions, and finally the answer I came up with based on all of it. Definitely the best way for me to have become a druid. Now if I just had all the build to open it...
Then getting to be amazingly adorable and awkward with Yue ^_^

OOG: David Giroux

"To be a druid is to become like Arawyn herself and to sacrifice, not just one's life, but one's very spirit to the world." -Tatsuya Lazuli
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn)
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
20 Aug 2012 16:24 #14 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Replied by Sindarion (Steven SA) on topic August 2012 Highlights!
Awesome event, as always! Sindarion may not have been involved with the arena or some of the bigger things that happened around Travance, but that doesn't mean he wasn't busy! Some great things that happened this event:

First event as a scholar! Woo! Met up with a few other scholars of note, who showed me the ropes.

The absurdly long time it took to tell a couple of people my name at the inn. Sindarion may have been in tears at the end, but I was trying so hard not to laugh!

Going along to investigate the ball of earth from the sky, finding lizardkin, and getting hit with all the assails.

NPC shift as the great Captain Diego Alejandro Esteban and recovering his lost treasure! Had a great crowd of people as part of this mod (major props to you guys!), and accidentally setting off the alarm while leaving the cave. Could have been avoided, but running out of the cave into the sunlight all the while being chased by a horde of undead was just plain awesome.

Being asked by Gideon to help out with a higher list lesson by getting hit with a rend limb and successfully resisting it with the power of Brazen, much to the surprise of both Sindarion and Wulfgar.
"That's never happened before." "Not for me, either! It usually just.. comes off."

Learning trade proficiency with Arza. What we both thought was going to be something very silly and turned out to be a very eye-opening and serious lesson.

And lastly, Sindarion learned the Dwarven language, a longtime goal of his... but from one of the Grumbleguts. He had no idea what he was getting himself into.

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Uhtred (Erich Lutz), Arza (Calder Putnam)
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
20 Aug 2012 16:53 #15 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic August 2012 Highlights!
I just need to say that I (and any of my IG students) have asked the same question of every druid or wannabe druid at KR for something like the last 5-6 years, and while I've heard plenty of good answers, Tatsuya was the first person to ever give Elawyn a bit of an epiphany with his. So. Good.

My highlights were all the druids, rangers, wannabe druids, new druids, and interested outliers that either spent some time with me throughout the weekend or came out to the Grove. I'll be honest, I had planned on staying close to the Proper with my knee acting up, but after receiving multiple IG messages about how eager people were to go the Grove I knew I had to drag you all out there even if the place is overgrown at the moment and something of a hike. Thank you all for making me happy for the effort every time.

Other than that, watching Orias get defeated in the ring was probably Elawyn's biggest highlight, and Kwildar's comment to me when he was in critical was one of mine.

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annora (Karen), Tatsuya (Darkweave)
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
20 Aug 2012 17:07 #16 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic August 2012 Highlights!
A great game as always.

Meeting new faces in Travance and giving them a tour around.

Running the Temple Mod was fantastic though it took so long. Had some great moments and everyone involved did amazing! Goley that was the best dollar I ever spent and I hope it comes back to haunt me.

SLEEP

Running around with the various Vassals and getting to know them better.

Awesome RP with Darson

Late night hookah with the Rallenfolly's leading to bomb mod.

SLEEP AGAIN!

Finishing Master Warrior Training. Chris that was an AWESOME lesson. I was tired, sore, and excited to fight more all when it was over. Now it's time to learn to rip off limbs!

My favorite moment this game was with Elawyn whom I've been trying to corner to talk to for some I'll say 4ish months?

Me: Lady Blackthorne, it's good to see you. (Facepalm)
Kristen: (laughs) Excuse me?
Me: Alright, I'm done for now, I screwed it up before I started. (headshakes and walks away)

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
20 Aug 2012 17:18 #17 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic August 2012 Highlights!
Finally lord of Drega'mire. Survey says that my form of evil will have to be Lycanthropy.

Who wants to take bets how long it will take for Aleister to go evil just like the rest? :P

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oren Tenderson (Tormy), Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli), Nicoletta (fyperia), Zathir (Clevatus), Caelvan (Caelvan), Narcis (ChrisR), Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart), Annora (Karen)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
20 Aug 2012 17:34 #18 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)

Aleister wrote: Finally lord of Drega'mire. Survey says that my form of evil will have to be Lycanthropy.

Who wants to take bets how long it will take for Aleister to go evil just like the rest? :P

Werescorpion?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Hadrian Thane (GBino)
20 Aug 2012 18:00 #19 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic August 2012 Highlights!
-Getting to play Ilana for a little bit and check up on everyone and get a mini-vacation. Going to Amon'Zad and looking about ruins while people jumped Giant Scorpions.

-Temple Mod aka Tanis vs. the puzzle key :)

-Syl amused by how impressed everyone was with Tanis' fight because she understands what really happened. Getting pegged in the arena and expecting to be a terrible disappointment after Tanis' fight. Succeeded at that, but I think I might have had a chance if I had all my arrows starting. I still did better than I expected.

NPC:
-Gorgon Mod turning into Rend Limb Fest quite suddenly. Bran's finishing touches to the Gorgon's Corpse afterward were nice as well.

-Scouting around and finding the Main Mod site. Hanging out at the top of the hill and concealing up in the bushes near the healers. I didn't do much to the 'main bosses' but I pegged the lurkers in the treeline enough to compensate.

-Teaching a few lessons Sunday. I am surprised to find any students as this character, but, it is a lot of fun for me to try and come up with new lessons.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • Laura
  • What What What are you doing?
  • Thank Yous: 73
20 Aug 2012 18:34 #20 by Laura (Laura)
Replied by Laura (Laura) on topic August 2012 Highlights!

Aleister wrote: Finally lord of Drega'mire. Survey says that my form of evil will have to be Lycanthropy.

You better not! Wait until I'm back full time at least!

Kressara Skytte

Alt: Jinx Kainen

*OOG*
Laura Wernsdorfer
20 Aug 2012 19:27 #21 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic August 2012 Highlights!
Lots and lots of excellent RP with Augustus, RP with Sindarion, a great NPC shift (I got to be a skeleton, a head trader, a box hider and a legless soldier).

Getting to see Gideon make a suit of armor for me with one hammer stroke though... that made my jaw drop!

Definitely looking forward to the next time we can make it. Unfortunately that probably won't be until November. :-(

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sindarion (Steven SA)
20 Aug 2012 19:41 #22 by Galstaus Nightwolf (galstaus)
Replied by Galstaus Nightwolf (galstaus) on topic August 2012 Highlights!

Ilana Darkwood wrote: -NPC:
-Gorgon Mod turning into Rend Limb Fest quite suddenly. Bran's finishing touches to the Gorgon's Corpse afterward were nice as well.

-That was a blast being your Gorgon "Boo."

-I also (sort of) enjoyed being typecast as an Ogre for every other mod I went out on the all of Saturday the rest of the weekend. I guess a 6-2 300 lb. guy can't play a hobbit....

OOG: Dan "DB" Lupus

"I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown."
-Homer
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
20 Aug 2012 20:00 #23 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic August 2012 Highlights!

Galstaus Nightwolf wrote: -I also (sort of) enjoyed being typecast as an Ogre for every other mod I went out on the all of Saturday the rest of the weekend. I guess a 6-2 300 lb. guy can't play a hobbit....

Not true! Too bad you never got to meet Mr. Fulltree.

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
The following user(s) said Thank You: Galstaus Nightwolf (galstaus)
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
20 Aug 2012 20:09 #24 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic August 2012 Highlights!

I'll put 10 gold on "he'll die first"

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
20 Aug 2012 20:14 #25 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic August 2012 Highlights!
Didn't Crasis already pull that card?

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
20 Aug 2012 20:18 #26 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic August 2012 Highlights!

Crasis beat you to it.

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
20 Aug 2012 20:31 #27 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic August 2012 Highlights!
I almost forgot! Best moment in Pendarvin. I was helping Charlie set up the sorcery table outside for he and Jon to use for rituals. In Charlie's ritual box, as soon as he opened it, was a mama mouse and her 5 or so babies. They had fur and everything and not pinkies.We just opened the box and I guess the surprise of seeing something alive in there made Charlie, Kelly, and I jump back startled with a shout but Andy ran away in terror of the little things. I had never seen Jon laugh so hard in my whole life. We carefully took the components out of the box around them and set them free on the edge of the woods. Still...Andy's reaction was probably one of the funniest things that happened all event.

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nicoletta (fyperia), Annora (Karen)
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
20 Aug 2012 20:38 #28 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic August 2012 Highlights!
I was only at game for 4 hours. Still worth the entire trip to make it there & go home.

1. Saw my friends.
2. Jed, his axe, & the orc head. Mind bleach.
3. Hearing the war stories already the moment I arrived. The ups, the downs, the insane sideways.
4. Even frozen in ice, I will stand & look majestic.
5. Elemental fight & seeing the new folks toughening out the bruises. Ladies, you rock.
6. Not sweating my ass off the entire event. Wow!
7. Dinner @ Lafayette. Holy awesomeness...

I arrived back in NYC around 11 pm in midtown. On a Saturday night. Thought I was back IG & seeing what Coast Haven might look like on a raucous night. :woohoo:

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bagwell (Bagwell), Angeliana (Angeliana), Maralas (adamdrew3)
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
20 Aug 2012 20:45 - 20 Aug 2012 20:49 #29 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic August 2012 Highlights!
Terezi:
- High-fiving the shadow to get into the fighting pit.. and winning.
- Leaving the arena to immediately go to the new player zone and wrecking it, almost by myself. With my effectively level 8 character.
- Shenanigans with the Vantases.

Angelica:
- Starting the scavenger hunt just before feast, and getting all but three things on the list... Team Drega'Dark totally won that (a few of the signatures were impossible to get due to attendance)
- main mod: Having my entire fighting style taken from me, Angelica being so freaked out that I stood in the middle of the field by myself unsure of what to do, and taking my first death because of it... streak = ruined, thanks to Matt and Brian
- Planned on refusing to let anyone but Aleister resurrect me - and then Aleister came to do it first anyway :D Said resurrection took no less than half an hour... and I REALLY wish Angelica remembered the whole thing; I was really close to failing twice and had a few realizations that it's a shame she forgot.
- Barak had apparently decided Angelica was too emotionally unstable for reanimation. I walked back into the inn to Sorel yelling at me because I was "being dumb for not liking reanimation" and almost started crying. (Guess he was right hehe)
- Liam giving me Sorel's shirt to fix the rip in the sleeve (what did you do?! It's huge!!) and walking around with it late Saturday and all of Sunday clinging to it as a subconscious side effect of the resurrection. No one really said anything about it... I did get some weird looks when I dropped it on the ground and freaked out though hehe

Now, I knew I was losing my voice by Sunday from screaming healing at undead, but I didn't know I had this disgusting chest cold that refuses to allow me to speak above the quietest whisper... so I hope no one else is sick :c

OOG: Zelda Turqman
Last edit: 20 Aug 2012 20:49 by Nicoletta (fyperia).
20 Aug 2012 20:50 #30 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic August 2012 Highlights!
I was also only there for a couple hours (left around 12:30 Friday night), but I very much enjoyed everything I did.

-The RP with everyone who was sympathetic to Winks' situation, with particular mention for Emar and Mother Rosa.
-The journey to Amon'Zad and fighting scorpions. Yeah, Winks needed to let off some steam.
-And finally, the Clan Sharpthorn memorial. There weren't very many people, but that's ok. It ended up being a few of the people that Winks has felt closest to in the last few months, and I felt like it ended up being extremely emotional for everyone involved.

I'll see everyone when I come back in October.

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.798 seconds