September 2012 Highlights

11 Sep 2012 14:16 #31 by GinGinny GinRum (Pyai)
Replied by GinGinny GinRum (Pyai) on topic September 2012 Highlights
September Game Highlights, in no particular order:

-Getting drunk. All the time. I should have considered how often I'd be roleplaying drunk when I picked satyr, but at least I'm making tons of new friends every moon. Thanks to everyone who puts up with me being "drunk" around them, and to the people who embrace the merriment with me (including but not limited to Teag, Yousef, little Na, Val, Augustus, etc.) Poor important people who have to be sober all the time….
-FINALLY a hawt, horned male around to ogle over. Sad he turned out to be a jerk and split before eyelashes could be batted.
-Meeting my Ib, first friendly goblin and having him introduce me to honey butter over brownies.
-Redcaps. WOW! You guys were fierce and scowly and intimidating. The hat-smack was a nice, demeaning touch to the bodies of the fallen.
-Lastly, the realization for what laws are for. This was a culmination of two events/epiphanies, the first being the bandit bounty quest which brought up the idea of vengence vs the law. The second was meeting Father Artemis and really enjoying him and their in-depth conversation, only to have him run off in the middle of it and get killed a few minutes later, with the idea that direct vengence isn't always a possibility. Is there profession: Barrister?

IG: GinGinny GinRum
Ambassador of Alisandria
OOG: Megan Coppock
RP Marshall
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
11 Sep 2012 14:31 #32 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic September 2012 Highlights
It was definitely an interesting Event for Ava, lot's of new things started and will definitely have some interesting impacts on her in the future.

FRIDAY: (or Frinday )

- Going to Ostcliff and confronting Zelretch right off the bat for "forgetting" to put her in a place of power in Ostcliff and calling him out on his "insulting" letters. (Those are in quotes because Ava really was the insulting one)

-Ironically finding out that Zelretch intends on courting her. (After she feared him, then had a charm battle where he admitted that Ava was right and that he was indeed infatuated with her)

-Trying to bribe Orias to teach her things.

-Zelretch coming back from Cursed treasure mod with Gibberish and Ava taking full advantage of it, even though she did end up being nice and translating for anyone who didn't understand his horrible hand gestures.

- Ava comparing Zelretch to Orias, only to have Zelretch gesture something about surpassing Orias, which led to Ava insulting him some more which then led to...

- LATE NIGHT FISTYCUFFS With Zelretch. I have legitimately never spent as much time on the ground as I did. Good thing we both consumed so much alchemy to let that RP go on for a good hour or so. Ava really should've focused on his face more.

-Then Killing lots of elementals and being "stalked" by the fire one. Then returning to Ostcliff for more fistycuffs.

-Getting 64 fire damage to the face when Zelretch punched her with a bunch of firebombs.

-Mortal hunters right on the other side of the tent we were talking by. Then getting dominated and going after Zelretch.

SATURDAY-

-Having to explain a million times that all of her bruises are from "courting" with Zelretch and that she indeed liked the bruising.

- Chaosy things.

-Not getting in trouble for once, though everyone kept thinking it was her fault that Zelretch was speaking gibberish.

-Receiving random punches and "Love taps" from Zelretch whenever she insulted him.

-Late Night Talk with Zelretch about things.

-Drow and the interesting stuff that happened with that.

SUNDAY-

NPC Shift. Much thanks to Kristen for taking it easy on me. If she hadn't I would've been out of commission for work on Monday as my voice would have been non-existent. Also learning that you don't need to touch a bruise for it to hurt and that under all your bruising makeup there could indeed be real bruises.

Can't wait for October!

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
11 Sep 2012 14:51 #33 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic September 2012 Highlights
Oh boy, where to start?
Well first off, training not one, but TWO new logistics marshals.
You know you did a good job when they fight over who gets to roll insanities for people.
"don't worry, he hurts himself all the time, this nothing compared to what he has done before"

Shotgun wedding mod.

Finally finishing my LM shift, getting into character and almost immediately being pulled out to fight the valerians.
When you are a priest of Galladel, you tend to have reservations when fighting other galladellian clergy.
Deciding to take the honor guard's shield after being hit in the face with it about twenty times when trying to help him. I think thay is justification enough for anyone.
Facing down Wally, and surviving.

Saturday.

Uneventful morning, up until the phantasmal army came charging at us.
Facing them twice, then tried taking a nap.
This nap was interrupted by a phantasm that tsunamied Aemorniel and someone else.

Taking a couple of minutes to realize that Aemorniel was knocked into serious, and frantically healing her.

Switching over to Viktor because elric's garb was drenched.

Hitting on Aemorniel to try to see if the rumors about summoning Misaki were true, and promptly disproving them
Physician lessons FTW
Misaki: "hey, can I drink this" *holding up a vial of holy water in front of Keilor, and promptly getting his neck broken by said Keilor"
Dr. Maxwell: "well, it looks like we have our test subject."

Talking to Reginald, and getting funny looks from Aemorniel, and a nonchalant shrug from Dr. Maxwell.

Mainmod:
Going from being rear guard, to being everywhere on the field, and drawing the attention of just about every single big bad.
Finding out that that was my first master warrior lesson.
Sunday, finally seeing the mod that Chris and I have been worki.g on see the light of day, and seei.g it go exactly as planned.
I was tempted to have the purified corpse tree grove give everyone a buff due to how awesome you guys went about doing it.
The Rochester brain trust will have to come up with more mods for everyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
  • rivanyasi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Opportunity lets you find, Skill lets you procure.
  • Thank Yous: 42
11 Sep 2012 16:19 #34 by rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
Replied by rivanyasi (rivanyasi) on topic September 2012 Highlights
Almost forgot something phenomenal: Towards the end of Redcaps, Tanis' amazing shot that somehow tore one of the redcap's hats out of his hand and caused it to land on the fence near the Baron's manor, and the rest of us being amazed and jokingly lamenting his not having used a Nail.

Na'ar Chacov, Soul of the Stars.

Ayiri Amexis, Sorceress' Apprentice.
Lupta Tamasa, Torn and Blackened.

OOG: Riva A.
11 Sep 2012 17:59 #35 by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507)
Replied by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507) on topic September 2012 Highlights
Friday:
The Treasure Map
Typhon seeing someone die over a piece of paper really bugged him so he had to find out why.
Mostly solving the folding puzzle.
Being Assassinated getting healed and immediately working to heal a poisoned ally cue "Poison Bomb 32 poison." Inviolate Form. I'm now the only one still conscious. All the Restorations.

NPC Shift
Sent out as Mortal Hunters. Walking past where the other pair had just attacked.
Tari (comes out of her bubble to warn us. "You probably shouldn't chase after those guys they're mortal hunters."
Me: "You don't say." Waylay

Saturday
Waking up to find out from June that everyone from the treasure mission was cursed.
Going up to Ben Theis to get my curse. Hex of the Arcane. I was so happy about that. I really hated when they Rayven made me get rid of it.
Being asked to stay at the in and tell any Kaladonians to go to training. Being asked to guard Tris's bottle. Realizing that now would be an awful time for me to have my Mania show up so I started pacing and absentmindedly drinking Satyr's Wine.
Showing up to training sloshed.
Arch Druid Lesson
Sneaking up on Valarians with Caelvan. Slipping and busting my ass without alerting them.
A talk with Oren about my curse.
After the ritual to remove said curse Elawyn confronting me about stealing cursed treasure. I explained and she understood and was even happy to hear that all of my reasons were good reasons.
Main Mod running everywhere picking up the injured and bringing them to the healers all during the battle.
Getting Slain and thinking how much I want to end up in Crit again but be found by Belegchand so he can Restoring Light me in an intense moment.

Sunday
Enchanted Wolves Let's Make Kaladonia Hate Themselves Wake Up Mod.
Corpse Tree Mod
Getting Slain again and being dragged next to a broken Belegchand.
Belegchand: "What's wrong with Typhon?"
Na'ar: "He's in crit and he's already been taken out twice."
Belegchand:"Grab my arm. Grab my arm and roll me over to him. NOT THAT ARM! NOT THAT ARM! Restoring Light"

After the fight leaving the corpse tree mod and being called back to cure the land because they though I had Summon Nature's Herald.
Talking to the Martial and asking if a Druid of the Circle could work instead.
Waiting for other help and keeping that as a last option.
Deciding we couldn't wait any longer and asking the Martial if instead of using my very ineligent weapon's to kill myself. If I could instead use my Life to power an Uber Germinate.
By the Immense Power of Natures Most Sacred Wish I Cast Sacrificial Germination.

Justin/Augustus arriving 30 seconds later with a scroll that could have helped. It was the perfect timing dramatically speaking.
Augustus: "I've got the scroll. I've got the scroll."
Caelvan: "You're too late. He's already dead."

Belegchand and my reanimation. "I can't. I can't do it. I can't he's my brother."

Tris when she saw me dead.

All the respect I got after that was better than all of the offers of cool things I got which I am still going to take advantage of. .
Finding out my insanity. Headaches and figuring out a good trigger that should come up often enough.. I am not getting rid of it.

Typhon's new belief that there is a reason for everything because he nearly died so many times but Arawyn kept him alive so that he could die at the right moment.

Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga
Hero of Auralion
Warrior of the White Wolf

- Druid

David Reyes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn)
  • Ali
  • Those Who Hear Not The Music Think The Drummer Mad
  • Thank Yous: 36
11 Sep 2012 20:39 #36 by Ali (Nutmeg)
Replied by Ali (Nutmeg) on topic September 2012 Highlights
BLAM! I had a blast! I haven't been back for two years and it was nice to be welcomed even if I was a bit shy at first. Yes I made it home in one piece sadly not until 10pm on Monday womp womp.

-Speaking in Third person is hard to keep up sometimes but I had a blast doing it.
-Nutmeg attacking the shins of everything!
-Being so welcomed to her new land/ home. Go Go Alisandria!
-Not actually really being involved with any plot. I'd make it to usually only 1/2 - 1/4 of a mod before I'd leave or "get distracted"
-Having my leg chewed off and then some poor ol chap "running me to the Inn" In hind sight I have horrible knees and can't actually run very well. womp womp,
-Staggering around the Inn with one leg and having Travance take care of me :)
-Then 10 bottles that were bought for me because I lost my limb and started to sob.
-Finding a lot of things if it's laying down on the ground it's fair game haha. In fact I have found gold/ money from another universe (aka DR)
-People letting Nutmeg pretend to be some sort of Warrior, Samuri, Paladin etc etc
-Trying to feed the prisoner.
-Trying to find Lord Blackthorn with M'lady and running into Bears.
-Nutmeg is now Junior
-People buying Nutmeg breakfast/ food because Nutmeg always gives those useless gold thingy's away.
-Actually getting sleep without being sick! Yay!
-It being a tad cold so I walked up to the Inn and fell asleep on the couch and someone tucked me in haha D'awww You rock whoever you were
-Giving people random gifts. No seriously Nutmeg wants you to have this and no it's not cursed Nutmeg made it!
-Trying to flag down the Minotaur with a broken shield
-Trying to charm the Minotaur common wouldn't people have felt a little more silly if it had of worked! :P
-Main Mod as the Shield wall. I fight competitively so it was hella fun! Actually cutos to whoever I shielded with. Often it was literally arm and arm holding each other up. It was crazy intense.
-Canadian Shenanigans
-All the food!!!!!!
-Halfling Treasure box! "Bleh the gold look at all that meat!"
-The language lessons
-A high elf is a ___ compared to a sylvan elf hahaa...
-Nutmeg poking Teak's "wine bottle"
-I also love that herb garden *munch munch munch* (Some person) "Oh god! Someone get the halfling out of the food garden!... I thought those peppers we're suppose to keep critters away."
-Wulfgar: "Oh great there goes my cellar and winter food... NUTMEG!!!"
-I can't believe this isn't an apple...
-Knee capping and hitting NPC's in the chest with a steel apple, why? because no one ever suspects the apple.
-Running away/ avoiding Blade... Camping with him is going to be well... interesting.

Nutmeg: Wow you have one hell of a Gut
Cane: Are you calling me fat?
Nutmeg: No, I'm calling you dead sexy.
Cane: *Blank stare*
Nutmeg: I'm a halfling.. I bet you could pack back a couple of pies.. *Bats eyes*
Cane: *Sighs*

Person: Here you go madam your seat for feast
Nutmeg: You have to be kidding me.
Person: *Blank Stare*
Nutmeg: You want me to sit beside that thing *Points to goblin* It'll eat my food or shank me in the side and I'm more worried about the food.
Person: *Sighs* We'll find you a seat elsewhere

Person: *Belches*
Nutmeg: You know that's kind of attractive.

har har har I'm sure there is a ton more.

IG: Nutmeg, Hobbit and Chef Extraordinaire
OOG: --Ali--
The following user(s) said Thank You: Casandra (Casandra), Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli), Kadin D (Katie D)
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
12 Sep 2012 10:12 - 12 Sep 2012 10:14 #37 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic September 2012 Highlights
Friday Night NPC shift training to be a Logistics marshall! Easier than I thought it would be haha.

Coming IG and going off to fight Valerians. This event was mostly a "Know your limits, Keavy" type weekend for her. Although there were opportunities where she could try running out and try beating the crap out of stuff, she decided to yield this time and help protect in the back.

Saturday:

More Valerians!
Protecting the tablet carriers from the Minotaur. Keavy's temper getting a little close to extreme towards one, though.
Kaladonia Training sessions! Though cut a little short, it was tons of fun and actually very helpful.
Learning Florentine from Elric.
Watching the tense prisoner exchange and the even more intense debate between Lord Brightstar and Lord Blackthorn..
Feast!

Main Mod:

Becoming part of Lady Elawyn's rear guard, only to become separated a few times. Then, knowing my limits again, protecting the healers and Tablet carriers under Mixolydia's orders until the end of the battle.
Looking for Caelvan in the field, and he's no where to be seen. Told he was taken prisoner.
Shortly after his release, tackle-hugged him and wouldn't let go haha
Got Keavy's cards read by Carlos.
Late night conversations with Sergei. Look out for turkeys. Attached to feathers. Attached to ropes with sacks.

Goley 'Bottle' mod!!! So happy. I wish it could have gone more in depth, but no one wanted me to touch the nightmare orb!

Going to sleep at dawn. Waking up to wolves. Magically altered wolves. That wouldn't listen to reason. YAY.
Then being taken to the corpse tree mod that I totally knew and forgot about OOG.
OOG:"....Oh CRAP."
Nearly dropping to crit. Seeing Tris downed, windwalking over to her and..
Corpse tree Shane: SLAM!
Keavy: Dammit!
After being healed again, windwalking her the hell out of there.
Going back to the scene of the destruction once it was over and needing it to be cleansed. Remorseful as Typhon offers his life.
Bringing his body back to the inn. Taking Tris away from him to tell her what happened and that it would be alright.

Keavy: Tris, have I ever lied to you before?
Tris. No..
Keavy: Have I always been loyal to you as a friend?
Tris: Yes..
Keavy: Then you can trust me when I say that he will be alright.

Having to leave early, I arrive late to one last mod. Troll time. I don't know the names of the two fighting the troll, but it was fun having it blow it's defenses and then letting me Fear it. :)
And apparently something with red caps, wolves, and a Faun. I was tapped and had to leave, but Jen I loved how you looked!

Lots of fun, can't wait for the next!

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
Last edit: 12 Sep 2012 10:14 by Keavy (Dani).
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
12 Sep 2012 11:25 #38 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic September 2012 Highlights
Friday Night NPC shift
PCing New Player for the first time, so fun to be on the other side. To my NPC's thank you for adjusting your stats based on the type of New Players we got(not that many combat based professions XD)
training to be a Logistics marshall

Saturday:
Surprisingly no attack to wake us up at 8 in the morning
Missed breakfast so, went to track things. Dealt with an alchemist. who turned from male to female. got him back there and had Billium use a very strange Chaos blast an got me an awesome item.
Kaladonia Training session. Jumped right in without even disrupting the drill
Talking with Typhon when we hear noise from Pendarvin only to see Valarians. Decided to sneak up on them, worked and then we teamed up with lethias.
Feast, was awesome, but realized I have to serve feast to Kaladonia next time XD

Main Mod:
Being part of the skirmishers.
Got downed with Rose and Crestingstar, Magnus surrenders to save us, I wake up, jump to a crouch and Magnus takes a look at me "Stand down, we're prisoners"
In there camp when Oakroot comes over to us when Jun is looking for Magnus
O:"Magnus, glad I found you I'll go tell Jun"
Rose: "I love how he looks at Magnus, but not us"
Me: "Oh well, guess we're not important"

Goley bottle mod! Loved how it started. Caelvan can't wait for that to happen for real(even though he knows it will take a long time)

Sunday:
Kaladonia feeling horrible against wolves, no Animal Emp
Corpse Trees, ugh
Will oThe Wisps using charm, had a will power but I was curious, so I didn't bother
Jen you looked awesome
Start dragging Jen to the baron's manor, Jen casting displacement on me and belechand, tries to blink me(use her displacement) tries again (bele uses intercept displacement) (mixolydia comes over casts displacement) Jen tries a 3rd time (use Mixolydias displacement)
Giving the faun the last of my Druid Points to get her home

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
14 Sep 2012 14:43 #39 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic September 2012 Highlights
Also, two little things that made my sunday.

First one was in logistics, when Kristen was prepping Jen to go out as the Faun.
Kristen: "alright, now for the ears"
Jen promply makes this unnatural squee of delight, which broke logistics at that point.

The next part was an interaction between Wryen Nightfrost and about six other people.
"You just threw itching powder at a tree!"

"well it was worth a shot!"

Even mostly out of context, it is an entertaining dialogue.

Sorry, i think that is the last of my highlights...
Right!
Elric becoming a vassal to Kaladonia!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
14 Sep 2012 15:30 - 14 Sep 2012 15:30 #40 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic September 2012 Highlights

Elric_Ashby wrote:
Elric becoming a vassal to Kaladonia!

sweet!

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 14 Sep 2012 15:30 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mother Rosa (Kate)
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
14 Sep 2012 17:26 #41 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic September 2012 Highlights

Elric_Ashby wrote: The next part was an interaction between Wryen Nightfrost and about six other people.

"well it was worth a shot!"

I remember that, haha.

"Itching powder!"
"Yeah."
"...Its a tree."
"Yeah. So?"
"....It's a TREE."

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn