2013 Alt Event Highlights..

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
31 Mar 2013 21:23 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
2013 Alt Event Highlights.. was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Wow. Just... mind-blowing, to see so many old faces, old memories, old costumes, even on people I've known for 11+ years.

In no particular order:
  • Some original costuming dug out of storage by everyone.
  • The Feast Tables arranged like "they always were."
  • The leveling mechanic was genius. It gave the sense of advancement of a campaign, while maintaining the originality of the Alt event.
  • Getting to serve tea and rice again.
  • The "pre-recorded" scenes with Jonathan and Klarington were great.
  • Seeing even new players get into the spirit of the Alt event was amazing!
  • The overall simplicity of the event gave it a unique charm. No councils, no long-term politicking to worry about, even cleanup was a breeze, since the town as "sparse" and just settled. It was a nice change of pace from going nuts over all the little details.
  • Various "Bleed" moments. The snippets were fantastic, especially the forced one at Dinner.
  • The aftereffects of the dream on present-day Travance will be fun for a long, long time.

Hats off to Mike and James for a wonderful sequence of events - already jonesing for April!

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
31 Mar 2013 21:46 #2 by Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie)
Replied by Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie) on topic 2013 Alt Event Highlights..
I was only there for a couple of hours as an NPC on Saturday, but had a blast! Wandering around as a goblin on equal footing with the players was a refreshing change of pace.

My favorite moment was being drawn from the deck to protect a random PC and the awkward bar conversations once I arrived.

OOG: Chris
IG: Benjamin Daimler
IG: Grobspit Snaggletooth G.D.S
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen)
31 Mar 2013 22:13 #3 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic 2013 Alt Event Highlights..
Oh my goodness. This was my first alt event and I found it amazing. Let me just put some of the things here

*knowing that I could kill Wormwood...
*3,2,1...kill the dark elves
*the various RP sessions I got with all the other elves as a Drow and pulling Sylvans through the focus
*Main mod was amazing with the effects and what not
*Dying in the fire and having bleed with some good friends while burning to death
*All the evil that was there that people didn't know about
*Giving my Drow ears as trophies.

I can't wait for Anhîl to come back and deal with the effects

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
31 Mar 2013 22:31 #4 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic 2013 Alt Event Highlights..

GJSchaller wrote: The aftereffects of the dream on present-day Travance will be fun for a long, long time.

This!!!

Holy cow. Shortly after we woke, I found myself holding an inconsolable Tobar and telling him that it was all just a bad dream. I looked up to see equally emotional reunions unfolding all over the inn. You are such a stellar group of role-players. I am really privileged to be able to game with you guys.

I'm totally tuckered, so I'll post my highlights tomorrow. Thanks to all the staff!

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
31 Mar 2013 22:47 #5 by Sanura LeBastion (linzatart112)
Replied by Sanura LeBastion (linzatart112) on topic 2013 Alt Event Highlights..

Chris McKenzie wrote: My favorite moment was being drawn from the deck to protect a random PC and the awkward bar conversations once I arrived.

That good sir was one of my favorite things that happened to me. only because it was at like the most mundane time ever and I was actually expecting something to come out and kill me and I get "I FEEL THE URGE TO PROTECT YOU." but it was great that you were there once the mage hunters came around. I probably would have died.

~Sanura LeBastion

OOG: Lindsay Hantverk
IG Sanura LeBastion
  • Malyc
  • Blue Blaze Irregular
  • Thank Yous: 0
31 Mar 2013 23:20 - 31 Mar 2013 23:22 #6 by Malyc (Malyc)
Replied by Malyc (Malyc) on topic 2013 Alt Event Highlights..
Busy as I've been, it has been a long time since I've had call to post anything on these boards, or to actually log onto them. (I'm actually somewhat surprised to find that I am still technically a Rules Marshal)

The awesomely awesome of this past event gave me reason to pop in and say my thanks.

- The opportunity to play an alternate dream world version of Malyc has lead me to think there is still room to grow for a character who has been around since the dawn of time.

- Courting a dark elf, a secret engagement, a failure to keep her safe, the dark but hopeful conclusion, and the return to realize that a part of her existed beyond the dream realm.

- Being a healer kinda rocks.

- Sleafus and Duncan/Malyc as the idealized versions of ourselves, and the question of how much we would have to drink to forget the last 24 hours of our lives.

- Conversations with Jonathan Travance. Mike Smith, you have not displeased me.

- Railing against the Deck of Many Things.

- Several minutes of knowing laughter with Sleafus after the boar hunt was announced.

- No ghost pirates or pirate ghosts.

- Sitting at the high table for the first time in 8 years.

- Not being willfully useless for once.

- Trying to find a way to sabotage plot to stop the dream world from ending.

Thanks everyone for making this one of the best KR events I've ever been to. Hopefully I'll be able to get back, even if it is only for an afternoon, more often.

P.S. Geoff, could you change my avatar to something a bit more recent. I don't want anyone to have unreasonable expectations based off of the 22 year old version of myself back when I still regularly shaved my eyebrows.

Malyc Weavewarden

(Jeramy you dolt!)
Last edit: 31 Mar 2013 23:22 by Malyc (Malyc).
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
01 Apr 2013 01:41 - 01 Apr 2013 01:56 #7 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic 2013 Alt Event Highlights..
"I thought you were a deer!" - James C. Kimball

Dryad Achievement Unlocked.

--

Young Elawyn and Orias and a glimpse at the progression to the characters they are now...

Kristen and Alex..
You are both such talented actors.
Years of organic RP has created this dynamic between the two of your characters that consistently floors me event after event - This event absolutely takes the cake.
Besides the glaring contrasts between each of your characters due to the passage of time, the thing that truly caught me was the honest reality and feeling embedded in their growth.
You can SEE the remains of gung ho, lighthearted young El in the stoic Lady Elawyn of today and you can SEE the depraved and destructive Wormwood of present in the promising - if arrogant - young fighter Orias, sitting puppy eyed across the table from her.

The interaction I witnessed was hopeful, brimming with youthful naivety, and utterly, utterly heart wrenching to experience.

It was - and always is - a privilege to RP with the two of you.

--

Double thumbs up to the Passenger PC and Bleed concepts for allowing RP like this to occur and carry over into regular game, for it's ability to enable new player interactions with not only the pasts of so many previous or still existing and familiar NPCS's and PCs (seriously, some of these characters are almost lore like in their naturally progressing ingame mythology), but for offering so many opportunities for role play between the Alt character and the PC character, before, during, and after the Bleeds and the Dream.
This was an incredibly unique and well executed idea.
Bravo, and hat tip.

--

You know it's a good event when you're privy to an emotional wreckfest between Elawyn and Aleister.
There are never enough shoulders to lean on in this town, let alone dry ones.

--

Thank you to every one who RP'd with my Dryad. I ran out of bracelets (they took forever to make, so I only had a handful), but those of you who got them, Thank you for some truly excellent RP, notably David, Jeramy, and Cory.

--

Liam is my favorite lizard.
Tori is my favorite goat.
Steve is my favorite jackass.

--

Getting to watch Steve and Jason pee themselves over Sam's doomed draw from the Deck.

Being the NPC to wreck Gannon's Alt for summoning a mephit (sp?) from the Deck.

Someone's "I HAVE THE URGE TO PROTECT YOU" hero summoned from the deck.

Bless that Deck of Many things. BLESS IT.

--

To Judge and everyone else who scribbled such glorious works of art with my colored tree pencils....as someone aptly put it:
"This is what you get for introducing them to paper"
Yes. Just yes.

--

Druid RP with Elawyn to save the spider.
A+ character camaraderie. Would camaraderize again.

Elawyn's accent.
Elawyn singing.

Pardon me, just sweeping up the shards of Croí's exploded heart.

--

"You see a sandwich run by?" - Orias Wormwood.

--

"Orias wormwood is a cat; He presents you with dead gifts and lets you pet his hair."

--

Feeding the wolves donuts through the Kaladonia window.
Saving the wolves!!
RUNNING TO SAVE ANGEL'S NORTHERNER
Angel's northerner proceeding to gank Danielle's drow.
*facepalm*

On that note:
The whole northerner tribe and wolf pack.
You were all amazing.

--

Geoff, that was the best tea I have ever had ever. Everyone's reactions to it was hilarious. Even Liam's Troglodyte was enamored.

--

Me: "I have to roll a disease"
All of Logistics: "THE DICE IS LOADED, EVERYONE HAS POX OR KURO."

--

Gina's Northerner getting pox and refusing to walk while scratching.
My Dryad trying to carry her to a physician, only to walk five feet before blacking out from Kuro.
Slapstick is best stick.

--

Gina's Northerner decking Cory's Arrogant Old Man Celt in my Dryad's honor.

--

*southern accent*
"I'm Able, this is Sable, and we grow radishes!"

--

Kev's Dwarf at feast: "Urgh.. this is going to be difficult...don't tell my sister." *removes beard*

--

"The punishment for Piracy = Death OR 1/2 lunch money."

--

Cardigan Kane, maker of fine sweaters.

--

Thank you guys. This was excellent.

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
Last edit: 01 Apr 2013 01:56 by Croínamara (Jen).
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Elawyn (Elawyn), Alex (Wormwood), Annora (Karen), Goggs (coryan)
  • Inajira
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 22
01 Apr 2013 10:51 #8 by Inajira (Inajira)
Replied by Inajira (Inajira) on topic 2013 Alt Event Highlights..
What a great event!  I haven’t had this much fun in quite a while!  It was really fun to try to get into a character I haven’t played for almost 10 years.

-Being able to try to remember how to play a guy who was totally out for profit.  That was the toughest thing about trying to play Inajira again…being a scumbag is tough lol

-Being paid to try to off someone…then being paid more to not kill that same person.  Being paid to do nothing is fantastic.

-Pulling from the deck of many things with all the money I made.  All told I lost 5 build, got 3 build back, got a giant cup of money, a natural resist and a warrior buddy to follow me around. 

-The forced bleed during feast.  I actually almost choked myself when I was pretending to freak out as Angus stuck in a skinny persons body.  Who would’ve thought that trying to eat a quarter chicken in one bite was a terrible idea?

-The insanity that was the brawl that erupted after feast.  That natural resist suuuuuure came in handy.

-I totally loved the bizarre quasi-lawful Sleafus and Malyc.  I felt like it was crazy day when I was being hunted by those two, mainly because whenever I would do something shady back in the day those two were ALWAYS the ones I went to for help first.

-Being forced to hide in the woods all Saturday night.  I haven’t had to do that in a long time.  Unfortunately, the cold and aches I now have is just a reminder that I used to hide in the woods all night when I was ten years younger. 

-Inadvertently being a hero and saving Karen and Mary from the drow/Bedouin that had captured them.  Honestly, I was just going in there because I was offered money for every drow ear I came back with J

-Finally, my best highlight was this: After I had saved Karen I walked her back to town.  On the way back, I explained to her that I really didn’t mean to save her, and it was just her lucky day that I was offered money for the drow.  Even after I had explained to her that I was essentially a scumbag who would have left her there if I couldn’t have profited off the drow, after I brought her back to town she still turned around and gave me a hug.  For all the time I played Inajira, nobody ever really offered that kind of affection.  I had a fun time imagining that if that scenario had happened when I was still playing Inajira, he would have turned out wildly different then he did.

Angus Grumblegut
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Elawyn (Elawyn), Aleister (Aleister), Croínamara (Jen), Annora (Karen)
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
01 Apr 2013 11:59 - 01 Apr 2013 12:05 #9 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic 2013 Alt Event Highlights..
What a fun weekend! Undoubtedly one to be remembered for a long time to come. Some of the fun things that happened:

Trying to teach Haya's heavily-accented bedouin how to speak kormyrian, through an equally-thick celtic accent (What's a "Luzzerd?" What do you mean when you say I'm "Thugh?")

Joke time on the steps to the inn... Because it's always possible to crowbar modern jokes into a 12th century fantasy setting. "How do you know when four elephants are in ice box? Empty carriage, it is parked outside your house!"

Fun with the Box of Heroes, and subsequently trying to get people to play Limb Lotto. "Open the right box? Win your weight in copper! Open the wrong box? Lose all your limbs!"

Walking into Logistics at midnight on Saturday to find it totally empty save for Chuck and Mark, and the slow realisation that we were going to have to portray an entire army of undead with just two people. However, what could have been an incredibly monotonous evening turned out to be kind of amazing, with some brilliant combat RP from Drew and Justin (and in fact from everyone who made it down to the mod!) Really made my night - thanks guys.

A wonderful interrogation session with Cappy on Sunday morning. You did a great job mate - well done for not corpsing! It's kind of amazing how mods which start off as little more than wandering punchbags can end up producing moments like that.

And of course, the Malycite Meat Marionette Mod. James really seems to put a lot of thought into making his mods entertaining and engaging, and this one was no different. Playing Malyc - and then getting played BY Malyc - were both a lot of fun, and I think the madness that ensued down by the Manor/Monastery was certainly worthy of any god of chaos.

Playing someone as obnoxious and ignorant as my celt was kind of a stretch (it turns out that trying to be rude to everyone all the time is surprisingly tiring) but seemed to make for lots of entertaining interactions as people slowly lost their patience with him. Thanks to everyone for being a sport and playing along; particularly those of you who were able to step up your RP and call him names, lose your temper, barge him out of the way, and - yes - punch him in the face. The whole dynamic of "I hate you but I also kind of need you to heal me" was excellent.

Just all round an ace weekend - it's sad that we'll never get to see many of those characters again!

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
Last edit: 01 Apr 2013 12:05 by Goggs (coryan).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mairin Tarrant (Charbi), Augustus (OEBlaze), Croínamara (Jen), Annora (Karen)
  • rivanyasi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Opportunity lets you find, Skill lets you procure.
  • Thank Yous: 42
01 Apr 2013 15:51 #10 by rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
Replied by rivanyasi (rivanyasi) on topic 2013 Alt Event Highlights..
I am never going to remember all of the awesome things that happened this month.

Right out the gate: Able, Sable, and Richard... I had a bit planned out for myself with Jenny, Kenny, Lenny, and Jill... could not have planned this better. Also, Granger dedicated part of his first crop to Mable, the sibling they lost to the Spitters: a dedicated crop of radishes he promised to give to the poor every year.

Lots of fun RP with Drian (seriously... Gaelic.), from being protective to joking about marriage to being the only PCs really into the whole farming scene more than the conquering...

Real appreciation for the Baron being so down-to-earth and actually having time for my farming silliness... and the interaction between him and Klarington was totally cool to watch.

Getting to make all of the silly references, corny jokes (*ahem*), and farming puns.

Accompanying Kristen's rendition of Home Again. I didn't mean to mess up the moment with hick voice, but I love the band and the song and it's not something to be sung alone, so... ^////^

Drow. I wish I could have had the opportunity to get revenge... but time is as it is. Still... I wish I'd gotten to turn that into a straight fight.

Potato farmers. Spider noms. Scaregoblin. Slime beast. KR Family. Getting my healing back. Many lost wolves. Barbarian peace. Necronyad.... all of the things!

Also: further props to the rapid-growth design. I loved the sense of urgency it brought to Friday night, and the continuity we had through Saturday and into modern day.

I'm trying to scrape together the cash to join you all in April... but otherwise, I'll see you for the Week. Cheers!

~ Riva

P.S.: today at work, I saw a penny on the ground, and thought, <Oh! Copper>

Na'ar Chacov, Soul of the Stars.

Ayiri Amexis, Sorceress' Apprentice.
Lupta Tamasa, Torn and Blackened.

OOG: Riva A.
  • Mirwen Silverbow
  • Shadows and darkness are not to be feared. As with any other tool, it is the will of the wielder that does evil or good.
  • Thank Yous: 85
02 Apr 2013 12:27 #11 by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen)
Replied by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen) on topic 2013 Alt Event Highlights..
I had to leave early because family and easter and whatnot, but i still had a BLAST at this event. i don't even know where to start.

How about with '3-2-1 lay on!' 'KILL THEM THEY'RE DARK ELVES'? Up until that point, I wasn't really sure how exactly I was going to play Lyrexia, but I have to say, hearing that suddenly snapped me into a very sarcastic and haughty Drow indeed. Great way to start the event, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you whoever started it!!

I also have to thank Sean for putting up with playing a Drow too, tolerating being my 'pet', and for applying about half of my makeup for me. On the same token, the event wouldn't have been the same without Danielle playing my sister and Conor playing her 'pet'. Our little group had a lot of fun scheming.
One of my favorite fringe benefits: getting a 'good' reputation because Sean/Istolil was a healer. Also great: 'Yes, but who on earth would want to heal empathically?' -conspicuous silence- '...Of course you would.'

Furmorn, Ragnar, and Maliq (am I spelling that right?) were great friends to have around. So entertaining. I like being a sneaky bastard.

Bleeding with Dani when Elawyn started to sing at the bar, and freaking out as Mirwen and Keavy realized what they were and that they had to act like they were in charge.

Kelly, John, and whoever else was in the group of Quinarians: the not-yet-Kaladonia stakeout was great. Absolutely fantastic. Guess we weren't going anywhere that night.

Apparently it's a long-standing tradition of the Kanes to go around camp waking people up by coming into their cabins and being loud and obnoxious. It wasn't even roleplay that had me hunched over in a corner being grumpy at the Inn.

Sleep and the NPC shift. Highlight of that: flying waylay, trip for real, roll and hop back up. '...be careful with that one, it might be an acrobat!'

Slapping makeup on and running to feast. 'the evil table is laughing, I'm scared.'
Taking Sean's food away at feast. That's what you get for asking where the 'paradise' of a patriarchal society was.
Force bleed: Anhil jumps off the bench and starts screaming 'WHAT ARE YOU' at me as I'm panicking, trying to tell him it's Mirwen...finding Arden and trying not to cry as I panicked even more and started freaking out because I was a Drow.

Having Diane's alt put some necromancy protections on Lyrexia, bleeding into mirwen, freaking out and trying to dispel magic, failing because i was a swashbuckler, and quietly panicking for five minutes while my 'sister' was asking why I was acting so strange and my 'pet' had his head in my lap.

Main mod. It never fails to impress. I will totally admit to booking it out of the room the minute the water balloons came out. I was not finding out what they did.
I went down one of the holes later. Nasty place.
Got knocked back into the hole later when the building was coming down. Was down there for a bit, then Sean and Gina apparently dove in after me. Once it was obvious that no one was coming to rescue any of us, we all went into bleed and cried as we all died together. It was very touching and very sad. Fantastic roleplay, both of you. The level of RP in this event was outstanding, but those moments take the cake.

I had to run after that, but I had such a great time at this event. I wish I could have hung around to play out the aftermath, but alas. Thanks to everyone who helped out planning/running/making the event so incredibly awesome. I'm sure I forgot a ton of awesome things that happened, but oh well. I can't wait to see everyone at the next event!!

Lady Mirwen Silverbow of Pendarvin
Master of the Mage's Guild
Mage's Guild Scribe

[IMG

Christine B
New Player Marshal
Logistics Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Elawyn (Elawyn)
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
02 Apr 2013 12:43 #12 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic 2013 Alt Event Highlights..

Mirwen wrote: Kelly, John, and whoever else was in the group of Quinarians: the not-yet-Kaladonia stakeout was great. Absolutely fantastic. Guess we weren't going anywhere that night.

Menacing you guys was the highlight of my event. Thank you for being such good sports about it :-) My memories from the event will always flash to Jon, Sonya and me giggling uncontrollably because we were having such a good time getting yelled at for being the good guys, watching the bad guys who were pretending to be the good guys, making us look like the bad guys.

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn), Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen)
  • Mirwen Silverbow
  • Shadows and darkness are not to be feared. As with any other tool, it is the will of the wielder that does evil or good.
  • Thank Yous: 85
02 Apr 2013 12:50 #13 by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen)
Replied by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen) on topic 2013 Alt Event Highlights..
Don't think I didn't notice you stepping on my cloak the entire way out to main mod!!

Lady Mirwen Silverbow of Pendarvin
Master of the Mage's Guild
Mage's Guild Scribe

[IMG

Christine B
New Player Marshal
Logistics Marshal
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
02 Apr 2013 12:58 #14 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic 2013 Alt Event Highlights..
:whistle:

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
02 Apr 2013 15:54 #15 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic 2013 Alt Event Highlights..
In no particular order:

-Safety Couch.

-Friday night toast to "new friends."

-Truly heinous shenanigans with Mark, Chuck, Dani, Conor, Christine, and Sean.

-Torturing Ralph just 'cause.

-Wally murderfaced me, then let me run and did it again.

-Being Chronicler's PR nightmare.

-Actually managing to kidnap people from main mod.

-Punishing Chuck for spilling the water.

-Dread Surgery and Bleed RP with Mary.

-Being one third of an "endless army of the undead"

-First arch-caster lesson with Barak

-Being molested by Malyc and needing a Valosian holy shower.

-And, of course, Dream Logic.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood)
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
02 Apr 2013 16:58 - 02 Apr 2013 17:06 #16 by Josephine (mferro54)
Alt portion:

-Tea so good I turned down chocolate cake.

-Being a loud, brash coasthavener was such a refreshing change from Carlotta. I loved getting to dare a group of goblins to take another step forward.

-Fishing expedition! Thank you Mike Smith for putting up with my shenanigans, and treating this like serious business. Everyone who came along for this did a great job.

-Late night shift Friday, messing with everyone as Alexander's undead.

-The noodle incident

-Kidnapped! Looks like I get to join the "that time I got tortured" club. Bleed rp that ensued was completely incredible.

-Wally rescuing me and then having me take a message to the Baron that I was terrified to deliver. Started crying while reciting it, but was too scared to mess it up.

Regular portion:

-waking up to the sound of Tobar being sick close by. Lovely...

-Fireside rp with Dmitri and Galen.

-Managing to not get myself killed after breaking the cardinal rule "Don't walk alone."

-Malyc kiss. What. The. Ef.

Carlotta OZ
Last edit: 02 Apr 2013 17:06 by Josephine (mferro54).
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
02 Apr 2013 22:38 #17 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic 2013 Alt Event Highlights..
I was beyond impressed with the roleplay, investment, and effort I witnessed this past event. With a complicated premise and some wonky mechanics to balance, I won't lie and say I wasn't a little worried about how things would pan out. That being said, I was floored by each and every one of you. Thank you for what is most certainly among my top 5 events for roleplay and character development, up there for me with Jeremy's Future event from years ago.

A few highlights:

Having to ignore what was OOG so incredibly touching in order to continue as if nothing was going on as no less than three of my favorite young KR ladies (Christine, Danielle, and Jen F) used their precious Bleed skills as a response to young Elawyn singing at two different points in the weekend. I was hoping it would be noticed, I didn't expect the reaction I got. It was awesome, and thank you.

Having a surprise Ralph to act as a foil for "young Ellie" on Friday night, Sleafus being one of her childhood friends. His frustration at trying to protect someone so completely naive and uninterested in protection really set the stage for the rest of the weekend, and helped to ground my RP. I loved watching him RP an alternate version of that PC all event, it was spectacular.

Mike Smith as Jonathan Travance was complex, grounded, and utterly believable. Also now we know Mike can hold his own in a fight. ;)

Several cascading "Bleeds" - being an ST, I tried to avoid directly interacting with any of the Meristics, despite how hard many of you tried to get Lady Elawyn involved (I physically scribed most of the props guys, c'mon!). I absolutely enjoyed instigating a few well-timed moments however, particularly the one in the Kaladonia Statehouse on Friday due to the proximity of so many vassal "passenger PCs" and one uncomfortably close Orias.

More than anything else, I was completely stunned by everyone's subtle and swift changes between characters when using the Bleed - it was always profound, and it was always well done, and really I can't praise you all enough. Some of my favorites were every time Theresa Bled into a food crazed hobbit; James Jones going all investigator with a subtle switch of accent and a handful of meristics; Aaron eating a whole chicken; Sam Dio and Danielle trying SO HARD to get Lady Elawyn's attention; Judge and Chris Kane reminiscing...I'm sure there are so many more.

All of my RP with Jen Fiore as her Dryad, and actually having stunning Drow ladies to admire just as El did 10 years ago.

Being on the opposite side of an argument on killing with a young Antrim.

Lore & Order: STU Marshal Poncho and Waterballoons. Especially when Jon purposely put himself in front of one.

And of course Alex, with whom I was able to have some of the most profound conversations and relevant, character changing roleplay as we pretended to be 16 again, and then again once back in the "real world". Tag Team Champions.

Thank you all again - you are the reason I look forward to each event.

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Woolsey Bysmor (Osred), Alex (Wormwood), Josephine (mferro54), Croínamara (Jen), Annora (Karen), Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen)
  • brik
  • whatever
  • Thank Yous: 14
03 Apr 2013 10:46 #18 by brik (sonya)
Replied by brik (sonya) on topic 2013 Alt Event Highlights..

Mirwen wrote: Kelly, John, and whoever else was in the group of Quinarians: the not-yet-Kaladonia stakeout was great. Absolutely fantastic. Guess we weren't going anywhere that night.

like kelly said, thx for bein such good sports about it :)

we were sort of hoping, for extra hilarity, a group of npcs would roll up and murder us right on your doorstep!! instead, we just got sassed by your roommates.

oog - sonya m.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen)
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
03 Apr 2013 15:11 #19 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic 2013 Alt Event Highlights..
Before I forget!

This event was really amazing. Finally getting to play a whole new character is one thing, but to have the RP turn out as well as it did was something else. I was so nervous that I wouldn't be able to be the kind of person Cidia was, but it all turned out great and I'm so happy with everyone I interacted with as her.

Friday:
3-2-1-LAY ON "DARK ELVES, GET THEM!!" Scared the crap out of me. My feelings were similar to Christine's in that I figured out how my character acted as soon as that happened.
Having our healer pet find the focus. The overall involvement our elves had this event went better than expected.
Meeting some people who became our allies (Mark, Chuck, Zach, I love you guys)
Meeting the brash young Orias, of course. "I'm Orias, I kill things, and I've probably F***ed your sister."
Having Conor be my pet drow when he finally arrived.
Bleeding to Elawyn singing at the bar. (Seriously, Kristen, you have a lovely voice. I had to bleed haha) Proceeding to freak out with Mirwen after.
Trying not to fight is haaaard! Undead attacking, being saved by Jeramy's healer Duncan AKA "Mr. Andorran"
Actually going to sleep relatively early (especially for a Dark Elf.)

Saturday:
Before LM shift, Sitting around waiting for breakfast. Being questioned by Duncan and others around the fire. "Do your people eat souls?" "Do your people have multiple limbs?"
Then breakfast and a quick bleed with Mike as his Sylvan into Ming Ru. Scribbling a note for Elawyn to find before I returned to Cidia.
LM shift! Sitting outside enjoying the nice warm daylight and talking to those NPCing at the time. Kevin and Dustin are always entertaining.
Coming back in without my posse (they were NPCing) but meeting with our allies for a mod. Trying to help, though not being trusted.
Going back to the side cabin in Alisandria with Chuck and Mark's characters Furmourn and Ragnar for some evil plotting and OOG hilarity.
Heading back to the inn, bored, then hearing some battle near Kaladonia and deciding to investigate. Being attacked by wolves, brought back up by Jen's Dryad, then slain by Angel's Barbarian, dragged off to the side and killing blowed! Angel, you were the last person on my mind to kill until then!
Being taken by Duncan through the focus. Wanting revenge!!!
Feast!!
"The evil table is laughing, I'm scared!"
Talking torturer things with Zach.
Mass bleed. I LOVED all the chaos that ensued. And of course: "SHUT UUUUP!"
Judge: -points- "THAT ONE MUST BE KEAVY!"
Evil Plotting again with Chuck Mark and Zach.
Being courted by the now Magistrate Duncan. More subtle plotting.

Main Mod:
Following the town split but following through with our evil plots. Zach nabs Mary's alt, Nate's farmer thinking we're suspicious. Conor waylay's him and we head out to do our bidding, but Cidia was unsatisfied with the catch. Sorry Nate, but it was fun giving you the killing blow.
Tricking Karen's Sylvan into helping the other side, Conor waylaying her and dragging her to the Alisandrian cabin for a good old fashioned torturing. Little did we know the plan was foiled all along.
Once we manacle Karen's alt, I cut out her tongue, and she wakes up......SURPRISE WALLY TO THE RESCUE! Cidia didn't stand a chance and was dead on the spot. Sooooo clooose!!! Fun RP though.

Post main mod, Cidia wanders as a furious, creepy spirit to be found by Duncan. After some deliberation about the events that took place, it was deemed that Cidia would be better off dead. Duncan sneaks away to the focus to resurrect Cidia. Jeramy, the RP we had throughout this whole event was one of the best moments of RP I've ever had, and that last bit topped it. "Five days time..."

Finally waking up as Keavy, crying in Caelvan's arms.
Trying to console Lady Elawyn, and failing horribly.
Mark's many bad god plot with endless undead.

Sunday:
Keavy's got a pack now!
Jim Jones' Malyc mod. Good to get back into the fighting!

Loved every bit of it! Can't wait for the next!!

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Elawyn (Elawyn), Croínamara (Jen)
  • Artimus
  • Thank Yous: 10
03 Apr 2013 18:34 #20 by Artimus (Artimus)
Replied by Artimus (Artimus) on topic 2013 Alt Event Highlights..

Keavy Lylas Kennyreplith wrote: 3-2-1-LAY ON "DARK ELVES, GET THEM!!" Scared the crap out of me. My feelings were similar to Christine's in that I figured out how my character acted as soon as that happened.

You're welcome. It was my pleasure to dial Kendrick back 15 years to what a good surface elf should be like. Kill the dark elves!

This was one of the best RP weekends I have ever been at and it was a pleasure to part of it.

Watching my son play the hobgoblin haughtiness and arrogance

Judge as Heygor Borowitz and the naughty picture drawings was ridiculous.

Bleeding as Kendrick to young Orion and Elawyn and having them look at me like I'm nuts was well worth it.

Feeling that real new player fear of being alone was a nice change of pace too.

Mike Smith making everyone feel important at all times was a great touch.

Tending bar like the old days was a lot of fun. I forgot how much you get to interact with everyone and how many people want to be your friend as the guy pouring the drinks.

Tori as a feinting goat satyr was hysterical.

Spay painting the salt and pepper away for the brown locks and beard was well worth the people goofing on me for it.

And of course the biggest bully in Travance, Thog, making everyone uncomfortable was a hoot.

'Without the struggle there can be no glory'

Father Artimus Ja'had
Chapel Master of Alisandria
Servant to the light that is Valos
OOG Chris K
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
03 Apr 2013 21:32 #21 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic 2013 Alt Event Highlights..
This was my first alt event, and wow, holy crap was it amazing. Seeing everyone playing radically different characters, and having the entirety of the game world shaken up and changed around was quite an experience. Crowning moments:

Archery! So much fun to mix up my fighting style, and bring in some RL skills. It was a relief to find out that I could actually hit things fairly well with a bow, too. And I had all my arrows at the end of event!

Anything and everything involving Liam's troglodyte. Kidnapping an irritating Kartagnus Kane, forcibly pulling him onto the top bunk and trussing him up in a blanket (nothing but the flailing boots sticking out!), and then going back to sleep was one of the funniest ways to start a day at KR that I've seen. His epic reactions to the advances of Jen's dryad and nearly killing someone with poison spit, all while making unintelligible lizard noises the whole time, were sheer hilarity to behold. Trog is best reptile.

Jen's dryad. D'awwww. Just, d'awww.

Tori's satyr. A+ goat, should goat again. I loved the moment when we both started fluffing the other's fur and giggling. Adorable fainting bleating noises ftw.

Steve Oros makes an excellent James C. Kimball.

DECK OF MANY THINGS.

Best NPC shift in a while: Walking into logistics to find it empty, save for Mary. Then learning that Steve was running this shift. Incredibly bloody ghoul minions of Alexander, go! Actually being able to hurt Wormwood in a battle by Kaladonia. Waking up and creeping out Geoff and Diane, but leaving without a fight. Later asploded in the middle of a room in the inn, learning much later that life tags were taken in the process...sorry!
And Steve is the saddest little lich. Who makes baby duck noises.

TEA AND RICE. OM NOM NOM. Geoff, I would love to see that tea make a repeat appearance.

Using these strange copper coins as currency...

Dream logic.

Playing the most fearful and timid little sylvan. Such a departure from my usual mentality!
Running, hiding, and fleeing from the drow whenever they showed up (not that it helped in the end, lol)
Hiding behind people, relying on others, whimpering, and fleeing in terror were all fun and new.

During forced bleed at feast, consoling Keavy, as well as finding out who was who in these strange bodies. Getting to be loud and angry for a couple minutes.

During main mod, being waylaid and dragged off by Conor and Dani's drow, and then starting to get tortured before Wally bursts through the window and kills them. I was looking forward to awesome torture scene, too.

After being rescued from the drow, being brought up to speak to the Baron about what happened, and crying and stammering to get all the words out. But getting to tell everyone that "I told you so!"

Interactions with the group of Quinarians led by Kelly and Jon, especially once the town had turned against the dark elves.

Bonding with Mary's alt as fellow torture victim.

Elawyn and Orias. Jen said it more beautifully and completely than I ever could, but it is simply amazing to watch Kristen and Alex RP...seeing how these characters have lived and evolved over time, and being able to observe them both at 16 and a decade later is a joy to watch. Getting to see the early days, the very beginnings of these two characters, and knowing the paths that lay ahead for them sends shivers down my spine.

And yes, Orias is a cat. He brings you dead bloody things and expects praise.

After the switch to our main PCs, the church mod. I have to applaud the 3 or so NPCs, including Zach, Cory, and Chuck, for going through endless respawns and making the barrage of mauls and attacks thrown at them highly entertaining to watch. At the same time, Keillor ripping into undead with all the dedication one would expect from a master witch hunter, and lecturing Augustus to stop playing with his food.

Kiss of Malyc. Ewww.
A nice cathartic beat-stuff-up mod from Jim Jones was lovely way to round off the weekend. Just the sort of sensible violence to wrap things up.

Learning my first druid spells on Sunday. I iz real drooid naow?

Seeing Keavy skip off joyfully in the direction of logistics, calling "I have a wolf pack now!"

Now, to turn our attention to April...

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Alex (Wormwood), Croínamara (Jen)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
04 Apr 2013 12:17 #22 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic 2013 Alt Event Highlights..
<<-Tea so good I turned down chocolate cake.>>

HERESY -= BURN HER

Spent most of the event either making a meal or fetching stuff for it. Had some good times with Oros, Kane and Tori at the bar. Loved explaining that while horses like being curried, not so much with goats.

However, something I think I will incorporate into my feasts (it was easy with the smaller turnout) was going to every table and asking if everyone had "a sufficiency of food." The instant feedback was nice.

I preferred the Post Alt Event as I could play something that mattered to me, as opposed to being general NPC help. Teaching a rank one spell to Rowan using a dagger, to have Gideon present his sword (which is longer than she is tall - come to think of it, it is longer than I am tall) saying that with this spell, size does not matter. Teresa really gets into the Halfling thing.

Scrapple for Rowan. Good thing it was on a fork, as I might have lost a finger otherwise.

Teaching Carlotta to be more proficient with fire. Really, coming up with one's own calculus for this stuff is fun. Trying to convince her that there are other spheres besides fire. Ever feel like you are speaking to a wall? :( There is still time.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goggs (coryan)
04 Apr 2013 22:35 - 04 Apr 2013 22:38 #23 by Mother Marika (Ophelia)
Replied by Mother Marika (Ophelia) on topic 2013 Alt Event Highlights..
I have to say, in general I love the Alt Events because it's an incredible chance to just let loose and concentrate on the RP instead of the politics that follow us from month to month.

Alt Portion:
Having practiced my terrible thick Gaelic accent for a week straight, I finally got to bring Dreon to life.

Bonding with Farmer Dan about...well...farming. I mean, I was a housewife Druid. I made plants grow...but seriously, the RP with Nate over this event about our insane families, raising children and how we were solely responsible for the excellent potatoes at feast (the growing not the cooking) was really fun. And trying to teach him proper grammar...

Getting the Rank I Druid skill Extinguish for the first period. Thanks Kristen!

Being on equal grounds with Elawyn...and being approached by multiple people saying that as a fellow Celt and Druid, I should be able to talk her away from Orias.

Dream Logic.

I have to say, though I normally help with feast, it was very different doing so as Dreon as opposed to Marika.

Handing out breakfast during the meeting Saturday morning. "Oi! You've got two legs! Bring yerself ovar here an' get yer own damned food!"

Quan Liu bleeding through Luis's Sylvan.
"Lady Elawyn, you have had coffee before."
"Um...I'm not a lady..."
"Yes you are. You are Lady of Kaledonia and Keeper of the Grove."
"Wait...we have a grove?!"

Seeing everyone's OOG face when I told them my surname was Del Dragon. And the apologies that ensued after the switch for having to have been married to Shamis.

During the forced bleed, having Marika almost burst into tears at her inability to heal whoever it was passed out on the table and having Ethan/Father Orion steady my hand in my freak out.

During main mod, Mauling the crap out of the NPCs. Now I know why Diane likes it so much, it's fun! Also, the one time I used Wall of Thorns. I liked being a Druid.

Switch!

Talking with Gideon and then being hijacked for the Dark Church mod. "Look, we have too many people. But Marika's a Gaian Priestess AND a Witchhunter. She gets precedence." I felt special.

"Augustus! Stop playing with your food and kill it!"- Kiellor

With the help of Angelica and Kiellor, desecrating 2 Rank II altars...wait...I'm the ranking Priest in town at the moment? Whaaaaa?!

Master Warrior lesson with Danny MacKraegor. We kept getting interrupted by Malycites so it turned into, "Um...how about we just see how you fare in combat. And go."

Seriously, such a good event filled with amazing RP with people I rarely get to RP with. It was a lovely change of pace and I kinda wanna bring a Celt in to PC just cuz of how fun it was ^_^

Master Marika Korsova Laurent Belmont
Priestess of Galmachis
Soul Warden
Shadow Hunter
"For eternity."

Doctor Winifred Sterling
"Oh dear...now I'll have to cut it out...again..."

OOG- Samantha Maksoud
Logistics Marshal

"Intelligence is the wife, imagination is the mistress, memory is the servant."-Victor Hugo
Last edit: 04 Apr 2013 22:38 by Mother Marika (Ophelia).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Augustus (OEBlaze)
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
07 Apr 2013 10:15 #24 by Josephine (mferro54)

geezer wrote: Trying to convince her that there are other spheres besides fire. Ever feel like you are speaking to a wall?

I know there are other spheres! I just don't care... <3

Carlotta OZ
  • Rowan Uidhir
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Beans, beans, the musical fruit...
  • Thank Yous: 145
19 Apr 2013 01:29 #25 by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
Replied by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa) on topic 2013 Alt Event Highlights..
Really, there are too many highlights for me to post...even with my post being LONG overdue lol. This event was a great change from usual KR shenanigans.

The Pre-Alt event foam smithing in preparation for the “real” smithing was so much fun! Kevin, you were the absolute best weapon-maker both IG and OOG. It was worth the 4+ hours searching around for supplies and all the time spent cleaning up your garage. Thank you, everyone for the complements on our hammers!

With that, I had a blast roleplaying at the forge.

Staying in the Caledonia Statehouse was a great decision for me. Lots of interesting RP with the four Drow, Elawyn and Wormwood, and everybody else. I’m so glad that my PC had those opportunities to figure out what was going on.
“Why am I so tall?”
“What do you mean? You’re a dwarf.”
And all of those bleeds throughout the weekend were fantastic. I’m still deciding though whether Orias used his Bleed when I confronted him about payment because Alex, I think you’re the first person to call a Dwarf ‘cute’ (and none of that crap about the Dwarves in The Hobbit movie! I’m sick with the Tumblr fandom with Boffur and Kili!).

Haroldson's Magic Weapon lesson was quite informative and amusing
"Size doesn't matter at all" *Hands Rowan the Weaveforger's 2HE* Grant Strength to lift it! Gah! "It's more than twice her height! Alright, try it with this weapon."

A quiet sunday morning was the perfect way for Rowan's day to start before returning home. She seems to always have very enlightening conversations with Giddeon about the ethics of high powers. And a-a-archcaster questions?! Woah, didn't see that one coming so soon.

I always seem to use my Incinerates on Haja whenever she NPCs haha XP

Rowan going back to the Shire for a few months was completely justified by the pain and guilt that she had to escape from. Having her own prejudiced feelings and her entire upbringing was questioned and destroyed by the person she loves the most was her most emotional moments in Travance.

I'm seriously going to miss you all tomorrow. That's it for now and I'll see you in May! :)

(OOG) Teresa Amore
  • Arden
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • The ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of time.
  • Thank Yous: 163
19 Apr 2013 01:57 #26 by Arden (Shelby)
Replied by Arden (Shelby) on topic 2013 Alt Event Highlights..

Rowan wrote: Rowan going back to the Shire for a few months was completely justified by the pain and guilt that she had to escape from. Having her own prejudiced feelings and her entire upbringing was questioned and destroyed by the person she loves the most was her most emotional moments in Travance.

Uh... whoops!

OOG: Shelby M Briar [She/They]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.923 seconds