Week in the Life 2013 Highlights

04 Jun 2013 08:24 #31 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
Oh, I completely forgot!! I really wanted to compliment Bat and Gwenyth (sp?) on a wonderfully handled outdoor Mass. Well thought out, great topics and well presented.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
04 Jun 2013 09:25 - 04 Jun 2013 09:42 #32 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
Despite lots of real life stress this past week, I'd been looking forward to WITL weekend, both for the Kaladonia Games Sam had put so much work into and for the two NPCs roles I'd been working on for months. My highlights pretty much all revolve around these three things.

Demons and Steve Plot: Kessia, whose entire personality is based on the stereotypical highschool "mean girl", made for an interesting evening. My main goal Friday night was to create a reason, aside from simply being demonic evil, for characters to hate this upcoming major villain. I think pissing off all the scholars and specifically Travance's sweetheart Aemornial accomplished this feat...I <3 you JJ! Don't worry, Kessia will return for you to get out all your aggression on.

Faeries and the Undine Counselor Morgana: When I write plots, I rarely write roles specifically for myself - I come up with the storyline, then figure out what role would be best for me as the Storyteller to play regardless of my preferences. This is usually a role with the most info or plot to give out and make clear (the leader of the Laurent-Belmonts was originally written as a male role, for instance, adapted so I could play her as the most logical part for me to take). After having a number of wonderful people (Kelly, Emily, Jen Eff, Alex, Dave, etc) play so many of the fun faerie roles so well and in such great costume and makeup, I was honestly starting to feel a little jealous. Then I found the inspiration for the next leg of the Mortalis plotline - a negotiation with an extraplanar expert who was also an ambiguous entity for Travance to deal with. Finally, a heavy makeup/RP role that made the most sense for me as ST to play. Huge thank you to Sam Dio for her help with makeup, to Jen W. for diving right in as Mix, to Augustus for being so absolutely excited to use Sea Lore and have it work, and to everyone that seemed to get really into the encounter. I came in expecting at least something of a fight, and was honestly surprised to find just a lot of excellent roleplay. I hope you all had fun, and that you are looking forward to the next legs of this long-term story.

Kaladonia: I adore all the Kaladonian Vassals. You are spectacular. Typhon and Orion were awesome, both even sang which I didn't know they could do. Typhon made a quiche over the fire. Anhil made an amazing steak. Almat participated in everything despite real life injuries. Corteccia took charge. Caelvan lost all his ribbons. We had a Colin! Billliamm was uncontrollable as always. And then I got a surprise Keavy for main mod. If you didn't get a mention, I still think you are great, I just can't mention it all. I hope everyone enjoyed my lore quiz!

And finally Klarington. Poor Elawyn and her issues with the men in her life. Thanks James for an emotional RP encounter and thanks Matt White for running the other half so Steve and I could play for a bit. Also Alice you are way too into doing everything you can to creep me out as Livia.

See you all in a few weeks.

EDIT: Don't let me forget Alice also working out the knot in my shoulder blade thats been bothering me for the last two weeks, and the reward of hidden banana bread for her. Your reaction to me pulling that out of my bag was hilarious.

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
Last edit: 04 Jun 2013 09:42 by Elawyn (Elawyn).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana)
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
04 Jun 2013 13:18 #33 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
Jotting down my highlights so I don't forget them! May be jumbled order, haha.

-Getting to Camp Tuesday night!
Wednesday:
-Treasure Hunting hike! Found nothing..
-Start of the Kaladonia games! Stealing all of Caelvan's ribbons.
-Unintentional Kaladonia feast
-Sending out my first Mod! A hunter and his dogs bit by a bear.
-Not being able to sleep, restart the fire at Kaladonia and have interesting conversations with June.
Thursday:
-Martial challenges for the Games.
-Going for a walk with Clove and Gregory
-Helping Bran teach an Ogre how to be a Chaos Warrior. Hilarious!
-Drawing Ilana and Gregory.
-SWIMMING. BEST IDEA EVER. Seriously fun times.
-Stealing a green ribbon right from under Danny McKreager's nose as he went for pie. :P
-While heat exhaustion and general exhaustion are not good things, sleeping in a nice cool Armory is. Also, kitten.
-Song Circle! I broke out of my shell a bit and sang a song by myself in front of people for the first time... It was a lot of fun and I'm glad people liked it! Now I shouldn't feel so nervous when I make a bard one day haha.
-Helping with Vampire mod. Jen Fiore, You are seriously hilarious.
-Finally seeing Silverbow and getting a gift request done.
Friday:
-Teaching Orion Fear. Using Caldor and his brother as test subjects haha!
-HeeHee the dryad playing tag with a farmer. Having her get sent back by playing tag and nearly getting Poison Ivy'd!
-Archery and Quick Shot competitions! Super fun.
--Work. NOT FUN.--
Saturday Evening:
-All the hugs for coming back, and head butts from Trisana.
-Getting the gift done by Silverbow and spending Keavy's life savings (which wasn't a lot) for it, then giving it to Caelvan.
-Mutiny!
-A quick chat with Rowan and Orias about Wode.
-Surprise Keavy for Elawyn for main mod! While I wasn't completely sure about what was going on, I still liked that Kaladonia was a good solid unit. And skirmishing with Elawyn, FINALLY!, was super fun!
-Relaxing in the cabin with Kaladonians.
-Entertainment Competition. Great job, guys! Loving Orion's song. And my joke "A Sylvan Druid and a Londwyn go on a Magical adventure!"
-Piggy mod. Ms. Piggy, I hate you! haha Fun, scary, ironic OOG, and great chance at RP for Keavy. I like when I get to play Keavy super angry.
Sunday:
-Not sleeping again, arguing with Verril, and random rickshaw ride to the lake with Gregory haha
-Shambling back to the tent and managing to sleep for a bit before things came to attack the tent. All the body blocks!
-Giving some gifts to Elawyn :) and having a very brief Master Prof lesson with her.
-Teaching Caldor Cat-like grace.
-WATERMELON. BASICALLY THIS.
-And finally.... "If you can dodge a sword, you can dodge a shroom!" Mushroom Dodgeball! Awesome! Will ShroomBall again. Keavy also feels proud or Orion for winning the games. :) Buddyyyyy!
Post game dinering was fun as well!

I'm going to Japan in 10 days! I'm going to miss you guys a lot but when I'm back we'll have lots to share! Love you guys!

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
04 Jun 2013 14:10 #34 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
Spent most of my event in the lake. Too bad I'm running June. Whole event is taking place in the lake!

Sprinkle Shack is the most important part of Knight Realms.

Failing Exemplar? Nah. Screw waiting. Get some rest and do it again successfully. It's the only way to handle it.

Shogun of Pendarvin.

Judge and I fighting so hard over a soccer ball he ragequit the event.
Damn right. That happened for real folks. Trust the rumors!

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oren Tenderson (Tormy)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
04 Jun 2013 14:13 #35 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
Angelica's Special Snowflake Song is the best song ever.

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nicoletta (fyperia)
04 Jun 2013 14:13 #36 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights

Aleister wrote: Spent most of my event in the lake. Too bad I'm running June. Whole event is taking place in the lake!

I approve!

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
04 Jun 2013 14:16 #37 by Croínamara (Jen)

Caldor Eirson wrote:

Aleister wrote: Spent most of my event in the lake. Too bad I'm running June. Whole event is taking place in the lake!

I approve!

NO, NO YOU DON'T. THAT IS A TERRIFYING THOUGHT.

Chancellor of the Arts

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goggs (coryan)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
04 Jun 2013 14:20 #38 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to Lake Realms!

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli), Nicoletta (fyperia), Croínamara (Jen)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
04 Jun 2013 14:26 #39 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights

Aleister wrote: Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to Lake Realms!

Is there gonna be a kraken?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
  • Bat Cooper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 74
04 Jun 2013 14:28 #40 by Bat Cooper (Cassius23)
Replied by Bat Cooper (Cassius23) on topic Re:Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
You people are all wet!

IC: Bat Cooper

OOC: James Jones
MM
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
04 Jun 2013 14:35 #41 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
Lake Realms? YES.

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
04 Jun 2013 15:36 #42 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
Dominic doesnt swim, he will drink his way around the lake.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen)
  • Gregor
  • Thank Yous: 10
04 Jun 2013 16:42 #43 by Gregor (Caleb)
Replied by Gregor (Caleb) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights

See you in July

Gregor Borowitz
Court Healer of Alisandria

Guild Member of the Black Orchid Merchant Company

OOG:Stephen Bukovsky
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
  • Dorn
  • Thank Yous: 45
04 Jun 2013 16:54 #44 by Dorn (Aradiel)
Replied by Dorn (Aradiel) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
To the NPC's from the gobo battle Saturday Night......You were beyond fantastic with both RP and Battle RP. You took every hit like it was real and roleplayed to a new level like never before. It got me more pumped and into character, fantastic job!!! Your reactions to hit and skills was so well done. Thank you from the rest of KR

Jeff

Dorn Marblecarver

-Killer of goblins and Trolls....the filthy gits-

(Jeff Mclean)
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
04 Jun 2013 17:15 #45 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights

Elawyn wrote: My main goal Friday night was to create a reason, aside from simply being demonic evil, for characters to hate this upcoming major villain. I think pissing off all the scholars and specifically Travance's sweetheart Aemornial accomplished this feat...I <3 you JJ! Don't worry, Kessia will return for you to get out all your aggression on .

Hehe. I never would have believed it being called Travance's sweetheart until I got the feedback from all the people who were willing to help me either retrieve the book if possible, help with protecting a man I am looking for, etc. Seriously felt the love this event. <3 you too. Just prepare to see the dark elf side you let out when next we meet NPC to PC ;)

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
04 Jun 2013 18:03 - 04 Jun 2013 18:56 #46 by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli)
Replied by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
Oh my! Where do I even begin? Well, I am finally rested enough to be able to write this!!

Week:
-It was so relaxing and amazing. The heat was fantastic, even though it eventually did get unbearable.
-Getting to swim in character was a big plus! RP swimming~ Judge and Jeff, you guys are hilarious and I love it <3
-Once again playing the Dryad! Danielle, David and Diane, you all did a great job <3 It was amazing and I can't wait to play her again.
-...."CA--CAWWW" ;P
-Late night mod down by the lake with Witch Hunters! Luis, Jenn F, Kayla, Danielle, and Christine...I love you guys. Jenn...I will never forget Frannie...EVER. <3
- Also, Cy, Mal and Cameron, I'm so glad you guys could keep your composure over seeing that mod.. XD hahaha
- KHITANESE GLUTTONY RICE <3 om nom nom nom nom

Weekend:
- <3 One year anniversary with Dustin on the 1st! One of the biggest high lights <3
-All of the napping, I have never slept so much at game.
-Early morning "SMASH DOOR"...only to take marshmallows...urgh. =P
-Kaladonia games were so much fun! I never have to throw a giant log before or play nine man morris, but they were so much fun!
-Playing Mutiny was my favorite, what can I say Nick? I'm a ninja ;P <3
-Being sorceried into a sylvan elf! That was probably my biggest highlight. All of the roleplay with Orophin! If only I could get stuff like that all the time for innoculations ^^
-Making feast with Luis. I hope all of you loved it because that kitchen was soooooooooo hot, it was ridiculous.
- "Hey Luis, you have done something I thought no man could have ever done...have my barefoot in the kitchen washing dishes." <3 <3 <3
-Seeing David and Katie with their adorable little tea stand....your rice and noodles are just amazing @_@ <3

There are many more...but I will add more as I think of them. Great event overall~

[Kamei Kunsai, Vassal and Health Administer of Kaladonia]
[Luminista Petsho-Aeislin]

(oog: Shannon F.)
Last edit: 04 Jun 2013 18:56 by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli).
  • Tom
  • Thank Yous: 15
04 Jun 2013 18:07 - 04 Jun 2013 18:08 #47 by Tom (Tomatsu)
Replied by Tom (Tomatsu) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
Glad to swing by for a little.

-Enjoyed npc'ing for Luis' little mod and got to see how Cy's character Misaki reacted.

~ Got to see some old friends and become acquainted with new ones :)

~Sold or donated all of my goods, thank you everyone who swung by to say hello or to purchase something.

~The small talk in the kitchen with the staff.

Hope to see you all again soon.
--

Oog-Tom Polanski
Last edit: 04 Jun 2013 18:08 by Tom (Tomatsu).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli)
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
04 Jun 2013 22:00 - 04 Jun 2013 22:35 #48 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
Thank you all who knew, for understanding my OOG situation and being kind and caring to me. Means a lot. Highlights were had despite it all:

~ Unexpected, unplanned and unwanted shield lesson. I hope everyone who participated and watched had a good laugh at Angeliana's expense. Thank you Baroness, for coming up with a fantastic way of not using a weapon and everyone else who stopped me from running away.
~ Talks with Lord Brightstar at the manor. Him almost scaring the life right out of Angeliana by ordering her to extend her hand and close her eyes. Feeling his hand instead of the hilt of his sword was a huge relief.
~ Aemorniel's gift. "So long as this rose does not wilt you are not allowed to give up.", "But it's metal..." , "Exactly" <3 Using your words back at you later just felt appropriate. Bloodspawn plot info... Your friendship is very precious to me.
~ Boating and fishing with the Baroness and Lord Brightstar. All the hilarity. The swans! The later presentation of her lost bobber to the baroness and her reaction was also fantastic.
~ Albert, "Andorran nonsense" that bested him eventually. That's the second time you cried on my shoulder but who is counting right? :whistle: Baroness, Sir Sorel, the resolution.
~ Empathic healer NPC Tommas. She was behind the bar because Angeliana wanted to drink and face the people she was talking to. All the RP that ensued. Glad you found my PC. Welcome to KR William!
~ Being thanked by some NPCs for wearing white at night, then being called an Angel for healing, soothing and scratching their noses when they couldn't. Them agreeing to come to jail peacefully because of me.
~ Watching Kaladonia games, white ninja shriek? Stealing from Lord Brightstar successfully then telling Lady Elawyn about it proudly: "I stole form your husband!" <blush> "Errr... I mean his sash for the games!"
~ All the lessons taught, even the ones in front of my own teacher Master Galen, talk about pressure. One lesson, I never thought I'd teach... :unsure:
~ Alisandrian frog and fire witch jokes, risotto, meeting Ethan Archangel. Ethan using Angeliana's hands as ice cubes and buffing me with more protections than I knew what to do with. Watching him use a phoenix tear to bring back the dead. I bow down to you!
~ Getting armor made by Sir Gideon, the reactions of the people who noticed Angeliana had armor on. Going to the wedding in it.
~ All the harassment by Corvin, loosing my cool and throwing him into the lake. You totally deserved it. :cool:
~ Personal confessions unfortunately cut short with Orias. You tripped her up by caring! Took a page out of your book by being honest blunt and to the point.
~ Croi... all of the emotions. The songs, the tears, everything... Angeliana is now your sister.
~ All of the massages given and taken, Lady Elawyn's loaf of Eodra... I groan about one pouch, you pulled that out of a pouch = mind blown! It was just what I needed too thanks.
~ Lord Aleister doing his best not to hurt some poison smuggling scumbags, honestly impressed and shocked Angeliana, also felt very guilty when you got hurt yourself to do so. Sorry! Reassuring Angelica I was holding on to your walking stick briefly after seeing her eyes widen at feast.
~ Lord Forgrom, Covin, Angeliana vs Necromancer and minions. Forgrom is a beast... Was proud to be able to heal him.
~ Jonas Kane at main mod, wanting to protect him, being told by the Baroness we need to have a chat about my priorities. :(
~ Playing Livia for James's Klarington mod. Thank you very much again for this HUGE honor. It is a complete joy and privilege every time I get to portray this character. Your mods are always fantastic down to the last detail James. Caressing Elawyn and watching her shudder. The escorting PCs dropping the ball big time.
~ Convincing Tari to go with her to the hospice. Seeing the weave. Wanting to desperately help the catatonic Von Ritter. Being given info for being empathic by a marshall for the first time ever! Also Lore: Healing! Thanks James Jones. :cheer: Watching white sorcerers work their magic.

~ Last but absolutely not least... Every interaction between Angeliana and Bran. Walking Bran through the focus. Every emotion felt, everything exchanged afterwards.

Love you KR family, see you next time!

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
Last edit: 04 Jun 2013 22:35 by Angeliana (Angeliana).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
04 Jun 2013 22:43 #49 by Namit Chand'ramohan (ShirtlessNPCguy)
Replied by Namit Chand'ramohan (ShirtlessNPCguy) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
Ooh... Kraken! Good stuff, ya ya!! ;)

OOG: Chase Kosberg
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
05 Jun 2013 10:03 - 05 Jun 2013 11:10 #50 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
The burning suffocation of the heat wave that we were the unlucky recipients of really did put a bit of a downer on things. But the existence of the lake was a life-saver. Going out in the boat with Rowan and Mr. Goggins was WONDERFUL. It looked perfect with the parasol and us singing some songs, though we failed somewhat miserably when Arthur tried to teach us one of his. :( Nevertheless, a wonderful time! And I rather enjoyed the Clam Diggers episode we put on to make the kiddie pool available with less murk and muck. I hope Jonas can get his castle with those racing clams. ;)

Learning necessary healer skills from Gailen and Angeliana. Both of them are some amazing role players. They really brought the concept of these skills to life!

How can I forget the game of Chaos Chess with Mr. Goggins and Jonas?
At first, I was simply a spectator, laughing my arse off about the rules that Jonas was making up and Goggs just happily rolling with it. It looked too fun, so why not three player Chaos Chess? I decided I would be both black and white and after some absolute madness, (including but not limited to chess pieces taking “naps”, the candlestick taking out like four pieces, and pieces joining forces) there were only two left, one black and one white. Which I decided meant I won! Huzzah!

Chasing Gregory around a bit with the human bane sword was satisfying. REVENGE!

Befriending gypsies and maybe becoming an honorary one next moon is something I look forward to. It’s only perfect, what with Swyft’s love of colors and bells. I can’t wait to ACTUALLY get to spend time with them. Maybe next moon!

Helping with the new player mod. We ran into some wolves toward the end. I hissed at them, but quietly enough that they wouldn’t hear, I thought… so of course An’hil throws me under the, uh, caravan and says “Did you just hiss? We have a cat hissing back here.” Which I retorted with “Why would you say that, why would you say that?!” only to be set upon by the wolves. Thanks, An’hil.

Speaking of wolves, oh my gosh what was going on! I have never been chased so much! Perhaps it is a bad idea to run so much, after all. Gideon suggested to try at least running in the right direction... v.v

Chaos orbs. My gods, learn to kite! lol Let it go BEFORE it explodes, you crazies.

Highlights
Palling around with Imrahil, my new referral and good friend in Travance. It was fun showing him around, even though I would get lost half the time…
Spending quality time with the Alessandrians and getting ideas on how to perk up Drega’Mire. Lady Blackthorne was a pleasure.

Being chased by a pack of wolves (I think?) when trying to get my water canteen in Drega’Mire. Thankfully I made it to Pendarven in time where a readied Keavey awaited!

NPC shift would have been more fun with less heat exhaustion! Man, the weather was brutal. I made the mistake of wearing a leather tunic kind of thing to go out as a guard for Regnad Kcin and damn near passed out after a while. Thank-you to Luis who nursed me back to health with AC, coffee and Ibuprofen. Lesson learned. Guard or not, no heavy things when the degrees are OVER 9000.

I attended the Valosian mass, afterward. What a well role played sermon! Massive props to Bat Cooper. His sermon about Valos being for the protection of others and to keep unity was well received although I do wish I had not missed the wedding.

The big battle Saturday was confusing, even though we tried to stay together by lands. That is hard to do in the dark, for sure. And I kept getting cut off from trying not to be cut down. Healers were getting rocked a bit… And props to whoever scared the sh*t out of me enough to disengage from the battle just to run around in a panicked circle. Not sure why you zeroed in but I guess it was effective, lol!

Trying to deciper just how this nursery rhyme stuff is happening with the bards, though tempers were running a little high from the extreme heat. We have some good theories going on, though. Can’t wait to find out just what it is!
Speaking of which, whoever played the wailing white woman from the nursery rhyme (Mary something was it?) you were amazing. Your shrieks were like, mind shattering.

The wolf npc outside (and then inside) the tavern. You were persistent, I will give you that! You literally had me over a barrel, lol. I really was hoping to take that turn a little sharper…

Ah, and then there is, of course, the scariest thing to happen to Swyft, ever. Much worse than ALL the wolves. Serves me right, I guess, for not realizing that Clyde was not actually Clyde but scary NPC man.

And there I was all “let’s go on an adventure!” mode to look for my fallen ears and to find Imrahil again. Clove agreed to come with us, at my behest. And I really should have realized something was up when Nega-Clyde didn’t care to wait for him. But I durped out (hey I was exhausted, it was late and it was dark!) so off we went toward Drega’Mire to find my ears, Imrahil and adventure.

Guess which one I found.

Not thirty seconds after Clove announced that it was bedtime and trotted off, Nega-Clyde hit me with a Quickbind and Waylay like a freakin’ whirlwind. I don’t think I have ever been so completely taken by surprise.

He was definitely, uh, “expository…” in his descriptions and it was the WORST not being able to scream for help. So yeah, fifteen minutes of creeped out, can’t run, can’t scream, alone in the dark AWFULNESS while he described carving wedding vows into me and cracking ribs and pulling out my heart and carving on the HEART TOO, wtf, and peeling back my flesh and… blegh... THEN being woken up (still couldn’t scream, so unfair) and being made to agree to the actual wedding vows while I couldn’t see where he was… I was so scared it didn’t even cross my mind to disagree. You EVIL man!

My first death at KR! Oh no! But thankfully it didn’t count as a “real” death, since they were able to get to my poor, mutilated body in time to do a reanimation surgery. Seriously mad props to Ilana, Misaki and Alicia. They were amazing at what they did and described. (Made especially vivid since I had to have my eyes closed and all…) Norm came in to oversee the procedure and made sure to tell everyone how gross everything was so they would get sick. Hah. This surgery was equally descriptive. What a treat, two in one night, lol.

In the end, a hypodermic needle of Frankenstein green liquid was shoved into my brain stem (gross) and a heal was thrown and I sat up with a way louder shriek than I thought my tired ass was capable of, really. (Hooray for receiving two RP points, though! Got me an extra build!) Hysteria ensued and some attention from tavern goers downstairs. Jack escorted me to good, kind Dr. Maxwell who was able to talk at least a little sense into me.

Gregory’s face when I almost toppled off the seat at the very sight of him was something. For once the smarmy grin was wiped off of his face. Was it… concern?

Breakfast was well appreciated on Sunday, though my desire for it and my friend Imrahil’s desire for sleep meant that he would get ganked in said sleep. Sorry Im! But fortunately Croínamara found him and yelled loud enough that he was healed in time.

All in all it was a very fun time. True, by Sunday morning all I wanted to do was go home and eat something delicious and greasy, but after that happened, I found myself having a bit of KR withdrawal. I hope to be back at the end of the month. :)

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
Last edit: 05 Jun 2013 11:10 by Swyft (agentswift).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
05 Jun 2013 11:01 #51 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
Main mod when Pendarvin participated in force. Hurgar, Angus and me obliterating one wing of the enemy, while the others killed anything that moved near or tried to flank us.

Explaining to Lord Antrim that for the forseeable future he will have a bodyguard

When we were discussing our banner, I jokingly said "Have Angus attach it to his back, like the Ronin." Wally literally ran with that idea.

"Heel, Angus!"

Timing is everything
While walking up the stairs to the Inn, Dominic said to someone "Don't call me Mister. It makes me feel old." Without breaking stride I said "You don't know S#%T about old."

Farmer Sue's family bringing the rings to Pendarvin, and the gesture Gideon gave me when I suggested they have him (as the ranking noble at the time) take care of them.

So much sorcery. Thank you for your time, Zach. Oh, also thank you for your rolls. Sorry Geoff and Steve for Norm and I using all his low ones.

Angus forged a superior exalted mithril frying pan for Alicia (seems she had three stolen). I attuned it. She left the Statehouse and was immediately swallowed whole by Smiling Jack. As Angus and I saw it through the window (lucky for her we did not have a window unit) we went out. When dropped, he regurgitated her, but Angus kept slicing, shouting "Give me back me pan, you scoundrel. I spent half an hour makin it."

Ca-Caw! (Shannon, you were so entertaining)

Someone from Pendarvin asked for a war cry and I suggested “Hakke Holle” which is Finnish for “Hack them Down.”
Good times

NPCing for Normas a corrupt mine boss. The PCs really need to get a clue. Thjey went about everything wrong. Had fun with Shannon, Sean, and Christine B.

A short NPC role for Mark B, with just Karen. If you think the old Father Edwin was a prick, this guy makes him look like Kwildar. Looking forward to reprising the role - have done it twice so far.

Pendarvin BBQ. This will be a regular feature through at least October, weather permitting.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
05 Jun 2013 19:44 #52 by Croínamara (Jen)
I just want to throw out a few actual highlights of my own:

Jen W.,....Mixolydia, you sly sly son of a gun. Well played at feast. Very well played.

Feeling lost and not knowing where I belonged to join the fight, stepping up to Arden and accidentally walking into a conversation between dragoons.
Being allowed to stay and listen.
Holding tight to Arden's hand. Hearing her speak and defend someone's name. Not letting go.
Running with her to go fight. I have never felt so proud and so helpless and so sad at the same time. Watching Arden grow through Croí's eyes is one of my favorite things about this game. Gina, all of the love and feels.

Carlotta's cards.........................*flips table* oh my word. my. word. oh myword.

Letting Angeliana hear the song. Not realizing how similar she and Croi are. This is a bond and a tie that will hold something fierce. That conversation solidified a lot in Croí's mind. A lot. It put into perspective what she needs to do. It gave her focus. Might have been character changing. Absolutely was game changing. It answered a question and prompted a decision. And we'll just let the ball roll from there. Alice, you are amazing.

Bonding with Orias and Jade.... *nods, raises glass, knocks it back*
I swear I swear I swear this is the first time I've ever heard Orias actually call Croí by her name. I swear.

All of the research with Carlotta, Rowan, and Almat. A thousand thanks to everyone who dealt with us hunting for manuscripts.

Barely five minutes of actual physical role play with either Elawyn or Aleister, and yet, the few moments each were awesome, the mental game was ridiculous and took up a good half of my time at camp . Through it all, i've come to realize that Aleister and Croi have at least one thing in common if nothing else; Elawyn matters more than an argument, and that's saying something considering how often we argue. it's neat to know. Steve, *salutes* this is getting interesting. Kristen, I broke a sweat like no other when El walked into the dregaroom on sunday.

NPC HOOKER MOD! Ladies, you are amazing. I had way way way way way too much fun doing that.

Wake up mod, telling a stupid story and eating fist fulls of apple pie. so much fun.

Wake up mod, rat mod, DAMMIT. barefoot run around camp. REQUIEM FOR THE DEAD. dude. dude. dude bro. that was awesome.

Jed can puncher a soccer ball better than you.

Chancellor of the Arts

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Fogrom
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 70
05 Jun 2013 23:54 #53 by Fogrom (Fogrom)
Replied by Fogrom (Fogrom) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
Starting the weekend off with a long walk / discussion with Croi concerning the deeper meaning of "doing what you say you're going to do". Also nicknaming.

The eighty foot (or so it seemed) use of Intercede. Two-handers have their moments.

The near-dawn Death Fiend attack, which we all agreed could have been resolved with just a bit more patience, but which was more fun to resolve with swords.

Eating all of the chickens in Pendarvin.

Running some encounters Saturday night. The standout moment from them and the outright best line of the weekend, courtesy of Arden (Gina): "Klarington. Adol. You could see how you could mix them up..."

Late night philosophy with Aemorniel (sp?)

<a bunch of stuff I'm forgetting>

Last, but not least, that wonderful breeze on the ramp outside the inn.

Matt White
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen), Arden (Shelby)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
06 Jun 2013 00:51 #54 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
I wish I could say I was sorry about the wakeup rat mod but I'm totally not :3

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
  • Chukklez
  • Flavorless text
  • Thank Yous: 13
06 Jun 2013 07:26 #55 by Chukklez (Chukklez)
Replied by Chukklez (Chukklez) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
Wednesday- Getting our cards and getting into the woods, apparently I'm a good luck charm but only found butterflies myself, steak and ogre abuse(that's what happens when you look at me threateningly), then s'mores. SO STICKY THIS IS A BAD DECISION
Thursday- Snowflake song and time by the lake round 1 of sunburn. So glad I was in logistics to see the witch hunter mod go out, I don't think I would have seen it in game and laughed so hard at it being set up/described. Legitimately being handed a fistful of logistics gold and being told to go out and gamble, I got to run the roulette table and didn't even have to beg anyone :)
Friday- Finally getting some lessons in as gregory also round 2 of sunburn and carding myself to the tune of no effect...
Saturday- Tried to bait lizardkin into a fight I could handle ended up baiting them to a sleeping Zathir OOPS guess it's time for round 3 of sunburn also psipoint gem overall great day. ohh and the smugglers that lie about everything was hilarious

"Give a man fire and he will be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."
IG Gregory, Jon
OOG Charles Davie
Rules Marshal
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
06 Jun 2013 08:53 #56 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights

Fogrom wrote: Late night philosophy with Aemorniel.

It truly was a pleasure. My PC has heard so many stories about this Bear of the North that it's nice to be reminded that he still is a mortal man and can ponder without scorn. Hearing about past adventures of Travance and its heroes is always my favorite thing.

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
06 Jun 2013 09:52 #57 by Croínamara (Jen)
HOW DID I FORGET TO INCLUDE CROI'S WALK WITH FORGRAM. WE FOUND A DRAINED POND AND SAT IN IT. IT WAS GORGEOUS. also, all of the talk about responsibility, and of course nicknames.

Chancellor of the Arts

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
06 Jun 2013 12:36 #58 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
I'm finding my brain to be like a sieve as I try to remember everything that happened over five seriously epic days. I'll just hit a few good ones.

- NPCing a commoner selling a couple of bottles of drink turned out to be one of my favorite roles ever. I just had so much fun with it. Big thanks to everyone for getting involved, especially Aermornial.

-Literally falling asleep as Croi was finishing a sentence to me during research. I guess it's time for bed. No wait. It's time for a mod. Yes, of course it is...

-Getting to know some younger characters a little bit better.

-And of course anyone who taught me anything about magic was freaking amazing as usual. The mage life is a good life.

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
07 Jun 2013 04:18 #59 by Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet)
Replied by Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet) on topic Re:Re: Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
1. Disappointment/betrayal so great after a snap decision that I had to walk away in the middle of feast. Soooooo good RP that led up to that. Soo good subtle rp thereafter. Oh jen and alice, you just wait!
2. Having time to set up the manor properly before I had to be somewhere. Apparently 2 days is nearly sufficient. I need to work on that.
3. Having a good friend I can really count on to make sure things get shut down properly when I have to leave early.
4. Leaning acrobat Oog. Thanks to the patient NPCs who waited not just patiently but concerned as I assessed the damage (which was nothing more than a slightly pulled muscle in my neck) after tripping in front of Pendarvin and my body somehow managing to remember how to do a backward roll and land with my feet in proper relation to my backside. Let's not try that again shall we? At least not on the rock pile there.
5. The massage the day before that probably was responsible for me being loose enough not to have snapped my neck doing that.
6. All the heart to hearts. I can't tell you how much it means that people will look past the title and really TALK to me.
6. Impossible smores mod. Mission accomplished after using every evade, dodge, deep pockets, and fire magic I had at my disposal. And I never even had to touch my card.
7. Goggs. You managed to get me to be harsh and ALMOST rude without you being a dark elf or doing anything that posed imminent danger to anyone at that moment. I expect we will be having quite a bit more interaction on the subject of Sylvans and their primitive ways.
8. Moiyra's urgent matter which really could not wait. Could not have been better timed. Nothing else could have made me smile at that moment let alone laugh. Well played all of you who spent god knows how long, risked god knows how much to retrieve my $2 bobber from a tree because I said it was my favorite. Which by the way it is and will be even more so now.
9. A boat and 2 of my favorite people to just spend time with IG or out. Doing both.
10. Jumping in the lake for the first time ever. Having to receive a seriously important dignitary in my sopping wet gown after having jumped in the lake. . .thank you kristen for not making me walk around like that.
11. The food at Kaladonias contest being worth being woken up to act as judge no more than 2 hours after I went to bed.
12. Starting a shield wall of 3 during main mod, but getting a feel for how to make them work. Bat look out. You're becoming indispensable. Being a lefty on top of all the rest. . .
13. Conversations I didn't have with people who if they're smart will NOT remember having them. ;) also entirely NOT drinking satyrs wine with some new faces.
14. The sincere care I got in Alisandria from everyone from Kirsten who ran to dig out her tweezers and gave up her special soap to Jeff who expertly and painlessly removed the damn deer tick that managed to evade several tick checks. Thank you all for just seeing I was beyond a mess after too much no sleep and that nasty surprise, and handling me so well.
too many more to add. . . But I probably will as they occur to me.

Baroness Mixolydia Hartwoode of Travance
March Warden of Selendrias

Alas for those that never sing,
But die with all their music in them!
(oog-Jen W.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Augustus (OEBlaze), Croínamara (Jen), Angeliana (Angeliana), Goggs (coryan), Albert (deatharcana)
  • Augustus
  • Thank Yous: 56
08 Jun 2013 01:56 #60 by Augustus (OEBlaze)
Replied by Augustus (OEBlaze) on topic Week in the Life 2013 Highlights
In no particular order:
  • Halfling Eating Contest!
  • Trying to plead for mercy on behalf of the Lizardkin
  • All 3 new player mods I went on as Augustus to be a guard "just in case"
  • Teaching Guildmaster Silverbow Blackjack
  • getting to play more than 3 hands of poker.
  • Learning Dissipate Undead from Misaki
  • Using said skill at the wedding for fireworks.
  • Having a lich pop out of a small child.
  • Fighting corrupted wolves, losing.
  • fighting PHANTASM wolves, and making a snap decision to save a newer player rather than Dame Dar'hanna (sp?)
  • Fighting alongside the Baroness and Moirya during Main Mod
  • Hearing a Grumblegut talking about keeping score after Main Mod, mistaking it for someone else, and yelling at them.
  • The following conversation with the Baroness. Seriously, I got so worked up IG, that I couldn't stop crying OOG. I blame the stress of 5 days of LARP and the heat.
  • Talking with Marika afterwards. Repaying a past kindness.
  • Getting to swim in the lake for the first time.
  • A USEFUL LORE: SEA CALL!
  • Counselor Morgana
  • Not blowing defenses on her charm, because that would be rude :P
  • Talking with T'soli about his actions
  • All the glares.
  • Introducing Finnigan, or Finny, or Finn, or "Don't touch that!"
  • Finally the ability to have checks written!
  • The Goblin Vassals to Drega'Mire. "LORD AL MEAN! LET GO CHIEF RUNS TOO FAST!"
  • Being an Elder Elemental on Sunday
  • All of the fantastic RP I had this week.
  • Subtly working things into my character so people don't notice changes.
  • Last but not least, having ALL of my item cards brought to me on Friday.

John Smith
[hr][hr]Augustus Waters
Private in the Baronial Guard

[hr]OOG: Justin E. Torres
New Player Marshal
[hr]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.834 seconds