June 2013 Highlights

• Fortier
  • Thank Yous: 51
01 Jul 2013 21:07 #31 by Fortier (Greysect)
Replied by Fortier (Greysect) on topic June 2013 Highlights
Thank you Elias, I'm happy to have played a part in this many players' events, and hope to continue to entertain for many moons to come! Viktor's well-being might depend on good roleplaying,so there is no going back now. Here's to the trials, triumphs, debacles, and debauchery that await!

Viktor Zalost, owner of Jani Jo's Magical Services.
OoG: Sean Hallahan
01 Jul 2013 21:30 #32 by Sister Danae (Danae)
Replied by Sister Danae (Danae) on topic June 2013 Highlights
So, being that this is the second event I've come to in the past five years, I want to preface this by saying that I had a horrible time and I'm never coming back.

Just kidding!

I had an amazing time, from the moment I rounded the corner of logistics and was swarmed with nostalgia(and hugs, so many hugs) til the very end of the event, it was truly a homecoming for me. Even with all the faces that I didn't know, and whose names I've already forgotten, I felt so welcomed back and loved. Seriously, you people are some of the best people out there.(Except that Kiellor guy, he's a real jerk(Love you broski))

Also, loved the looks on faces as I tried to explain how long I've been coming(10 years and 4 months!), and why people have never seen me before.

SO HIGHLIGHTS

Friday:
Trying to figure out my character card. I feel bad for the person who has to figure out that mess, because, well, what the fux.
Playing an earth elemental for the brazen mod. Actually winning, even though it was my first anything since coming back to the game. Being told after by the guy I fought that he was impressed how often I got around his shield. That is the highest of compliments, and I will never forget it guywhosenameineverlearnt.

Playing ancient imps and causing havoc, until we watched James devour one of ours. Running away like the little pansies that we are.

Dust Devil, heh heh. Having my humus taken, and reappearing next to those who stole it in a wild attempt to give it back. It was a ton of fun spawning on top of people, and then ripping through their pockets.

Saturday
Coming into game as my barbarian for the first time ever. Thank you to all those who dealt with my endless harassments trying to figure out what I needed/wanted to do to make her awesome.
Actually being able to swing hard enough to hit things is such an awesome feeling. While I'll always have a soft spot for playing a healer, I seriously enjoyed fighting. Why did no one ever tell me how much fun it is to beat on things!
The Valosian Library mod was so awesome. She tried so hard to keep others safe, though she got knocked out a ton in the process.
Mass was awesome, though sadly my brain stopped working about half way into it.
And on that note, thank you sooo much to all those who babysat me and helped to care for me during my(2) migraines on Saturday. My head and I had a lot of differences this weekend, but everyone was so awesome in helping me out, and I appreciate it so much.
Having a bromance with all the celts during the different fights!
Main mod was spectacular!
Helping to get a poor elf drunk. Chug chug chug!
So many highlights that this could go on for years.
Also, getting an IG crush on Wormwood while listening to him rip apart a towns member with such brutal honestly. There was definite swoonage.

Sunday
Learning to parry from Shamus(Seamus, Sheamus, however you choose to spell it) Yay for a skill to help me stay alive slightly longer
Helping with teaching Elric a skill. I'm betting he'll never forget to listen to a pretty lady again. ;)
Diner shenanigans.

There are so many highlights, but my brain weary. So, I just want to thank everyone again for taking care of myself and my poor head. I love you all, and I'll be back in two and a half years.

<3

Dame Danae Hainsworth
Cleric of Valos
Second Knight of Pendarvin

"Where something bad happens, you have three choices...
You can either let it define you, let it destroy you, or let it strengthen you."

OOG: Michaela Benton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood)
  • Aella
  • Thank Yous: 99
01 Jul 2013 21:56 #33 by Aella (Onirazael)
Replied by Aella (Onirazael) on topic June 2013 Highlights
Sister Danae:

It was awesome meeting you!

Aella
OOG: Ree D
~I'd put a pretentious quote in, but I am far too lazy to pretend I'm clever. ~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sister Danae (Danae)
01 Jul 2013 22:05 #34 by Sister Danae (Danae)
Replied by Sister Danae (Danae) on topic June 2013 Highlights
I loved meeting you too! <3

Dame Danae Hainsworth
Cleric of Valos
Second Knight of Pendarvin

"Where something bad happens, you have three choices...
You can either let it define you, let it destroy you, or let it strengthen you."

OOG: Michaela Benton
01 Jul 2013 22:50 #35 by Akira Saralonde (katemariexo)
Replied by Akira Saralonde (katemariexo) on topic June 2013 Highlights
Sister Danae, it was so awesome meeting you! Love, the coffee fairy <3

Well, so for the recap...this was my very first event and my very first larp. LOVED IT. I had so many hang ups before coming in, mostly for being ill-prepared and also the whole ACK NEW PEOPLE, EEK ACTING thing. But once I got to Travance, it was like stepping into a pair of shoes that were just perfect for you! Everyone was so welcoming and friendly and especially helpful.

SIDE NOTE, a HUGE thanks to those who offered their help when a certain asthmatic went missing for like, 5 hours. OOG: I had no idea IG meetings could run so long and I freaked a little. (One of the many lessons learned during that moon, along with 'never go off alone even for 30 seconds to get water, and then give a thirsty demon the aforementioned water because he CAN and WILL subdue you afterwards and hold you captive. LOL)

Definitely enjoyed the singing during feast and being introduced to the Baroness. She is such a wonderfully friendly woman! Wish i could have met her under better circumstances, seeing how a few people were sucked into the abyss *sadface*

Inverted tower was interesting to say the least. The party hats were a nice touch!

NPC shift during main mod; INTIMIDATE!!!!!!!! /fail, Forgetting I had around 50 or 60 body and dying immediately with each swing *derp* and getting lost in the woods a bit.

Made friends with a grave digger (I'm sorry, I forgot your name!) And was introduced to what is called 'the wind tunnel' (bless you, kind woman!)

Could say so much more but im still pooped from running around the proper and my minds a bit fuzzy. Can't wait til next event! Akira is very happy in Travance and she thanks you all for welcoming her!

Akira Saralonde aka Kate Bober

Akira Saralonde
Treasurer of Ostcliff
OOG: Kaitlyn Bober
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sister Danae (Danae), Jack (Keeperofdice), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
01 Jul 2013 23:24 - 01 Jul 2013 23:32 #36 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic June 2013 Highlights

Akira Saralonde wrote: Made friends with a grave digger (I'm sorry, I forgot your name!) And was introduced to what is called 'the wind tunnel' (bless you, kind woman!)

Now it will be your job to pass this sacred knowledge onto another :-)

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
Last edit: 01 Jul 2013 23:32 by Kelly (Kelly).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moirya (Moirya)
01 Jul 2013 23:33 #37 by Akira Saralonde (katemariexo)
Replied by Akira Saralonde (katemariexo) on topic June 2013 Highlights
Oh, I have! A few people were very happy to have learned of it! Thank you, again! :)

Akira Saralonde
Treasurer of Ostcliff
OOG: Kaitlyn Bober
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
02 Jul 2013 00:17 #38 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic June 2013 Highlights
This was, quite literally, a hell of an event. from start to finish.
Friday night: Elric tearing apart demons until the order to retreat was given, and refusing to fall back completely until everyone else was out.

Abyssal Behemoth mod. Despite the slip-ups at the start, I am really glad that people enjoyed it as much as they did. I was especially surprised by the feedback that I got from Matt Magnus... I just hope I can top that mod...

Saturday: Mother Quin's reaction to the cookies.
Meeting the new Valosian Clergy.
Slaughtering demons
2/3 wins against the law demon...
best IG exit for my MM shift: getting dragged into the abyss to be tortured.
Discussions with Damian and Vince about stuff and things.
Exploding in front of the inn during feast thanks to a little "gift" that the law demon gave Elric before tossing him out of the portal.

Main mod:
*just finish with cutting off a demon's head when another one swings at my back with a weapon-casted incinerate*Improvised weapon- deflect *Demon head explodes in front of me*
Dismembering demons left and right, as well as causing more than a few to run away screaming.
Elric's mental issues causing a bit of trouble...
Wait... Skeletons? Really? *murder*
Sunday:
more demon murder.

Also, an entertaining sight on the way down: A cow standing atop a small hill, with other cows facing it, triumphantly mooing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
02 Jul 2013 00:22 #39 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic June 2013 Highlights
This was my second event, and the pre-Inverted Tower party was probably my favorite of my time spent at KR. A big thank you to Caldor and his lovely wife Aella for the food (delicious!) and drinks, and party hats. Heading into battle with a small army clad in party hats, was one of the most fun and surreal things I've ever done.

During Main Mod, I was a demon and got knocked down several times. Fortunately, the first person to do so -- sorry, I think I know whom, but it was so dark in that field, I could barely tell anyone apart -- did such a thorough job of dissecting me. Totally earned that Essence card. Who would have thought that being the victim of a dissection could be entertaining?

Several times, when I was out wandering, I stumbled into a group who was about to do their own adventuring. One night, either Friday or Saturday, I went treasure hunting. We didn't find any, but I still enjoyed the hunt. Overall, I've found the denizens of Travance to be quite friendly.

Late Saturday night, I was walking with a friend and a witch hunter and we were ambushed by who-knows-what. I was knocked out and after the witch hunter pulled me back up, we fled and teleported away. Then he took us prisoner. My friend was tied to a table and had Dread Surgery performed on him. I was tied to a chair and made to watch, and then had my tongue cut out. I wish I could have done more attempted conversation with the lack of tongue. Eventually, we ended up in front of the Inn and I attacked my friend repeatedly until knocked out by PCs. Alicia came over and repaired my tongue, which is apparently a limb, maybe, perhaps.

Asked what happened to me, I turned to Henry, who was very patient when I proceeded to ask him four or five times to repeat what he said to tell them. Thanks. :)

Sunday afternoon, I walked around Travance in search of Biron de Barac because no one had seen him for a while. During my walk, I found an Essence card with a pearl tied to it. A bittersweet victory, as someone had to at least seem like he was missing for me to find it, but I'd still consider it a highlight.

After feast, when they invited up the bards to sing "Roll the Old Chariot," was a hoot, especially when someone in the audience suggested "coitus" as a lyric -- "Oh, a little bit of coitus wouldn't do us any harm"!

I got to heal someone! Usually, when someone is injured, there have been at least five other people who were healers or who had healing techniques nearer to the victim than I was. But during the Inverted Tower mod, there were so many party members (pun intended!) injured, that I could assist one of them, and as a bard, I sang a bit of a song.

There were other highlights, and I know I'll think of at least one when I hit Submit, but I had a great time and I'll see you guys next moon!

02 Jul 2013 09:58 #40 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic June 2013 Highlights

Nalick wrote: This was my second event, and the pre-Inverted Tower party was probably my favorite of my time spent at KR. A big thank you to Caldor and his lovely wife Aella for the food (delicious!) and drinks, and party hats.

I'm really glad you had such a good time with it. The party went better than Goggs and I ever could have hoped, and I was so glad so many people were able to attend.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
02 Jul 2013 11:03 #41 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic June 2013 Highlights
Greenhead band event!

Thank you to everyone who made my mom feel included and involved! She was worried and came to game to keep an eye on me.
Somewhere in there, I convinced her to play.
She had an absolute blast. Special thanks to Daniel, Jas, Teresa, Geoff, and, I'm sorry i don't know your name, the mother with the hair covering. She said you guys took care of her, helped her use her skills, explained things to her, etc. I'm probably missing a lot of people and a lot of thanks.
This community has evolved into something that is just so lovely and so inclusive and accepting, and I am glad to be a part of it.
I can't thank you enough :)
SHE CAN'T WAIT FOR JULY. <3

Hanging out the window to see the "Inverted Tower Party" and being warned "CROI THERE'S A DEMON ON THE ROOF"
spell packeting buffs down onto the archers.

Good long talks with Raphael. I'VE MISSED YOU EMERSON.

Good long talks with Mixolydia. Jen. W.. You. Sly. Son. Of. A. Gun.

Getting to help with make up in logistics! Thanks Zach. Made me feel useful :)

Getting grabbed to hook and flavor text a white sorcery ritual to buff the low levels. Thanks Matt!

"LICK THE SHIELD"

Spending a stupid amount of time with James, pegging him with questions.

Woad.

OOG working on tori's birthday gift with steve. *brofist*

And, personally, my favorite highlight.....

AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A DREGADESK PARTY CAUSE A DREGADESK PARTY DON'T STOP

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Josephine (mferro54), Annora (Karen), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa), Faila (Faila)
  • Faila
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
02 Jul 2013 12:14 - 02 Jul 2013 12:18 #42 by Faila (Faila)
Replied by Faila (Faila) on topic June 2013 Highlights
Alex G (Nostarion, aka Young Scholar) and I were only on site from 9-5 on Saturday, but somehow we managed to do a lot in those hours. Some highlights for me were:

Walking Nostarion to the Baronial Library for his research, and arriving just as the Baronial Guard was attacked. Killing blow on an injured lizardkin that had just taken down another player, remembering to search, and getting something pretty (Faila wasn't so excited about that part, but Crystal was).

Debating with Nostarion after the Library mod about whether we would go back into the library of Valos alone to try to find Arthur (Goggs). We thought he might be bleeding out in there since he didn't come out with the group. He came during the discussion, so we didn't have to make that choice thankfully.

Matt's demon knight - so fun to fight! Thanks to all the demons and corrupted dire wolves who made the afternoon lower level mods great!

I don't know his name, but the NPC who played the farmer - "I got da taters. . ." Excellent RP, and Faila felt so guilty taking your money she ended up donating some to the monastery on Anhil's suggestion.

The party - thanks to Caldor, Aella and Arthur for such a pleasant interlude before Tower Mod.

Best moment - Faila pulling her sword on a gypsy in the Inn who was trying to steal from/cheat his fellow adventurers. It was my first moment of - yeah, this is totally what she would do. And then wondering later why Nostarion kept calling that same gypsy something like "the most excellent Guilded Thrush" or the "Amazing Guilded Thrush" or something to that effect.

Alex G is away at camp for the week, but I think I can safely post two of his highlights for him.

His encounter with the Guilded Thrush (Sean H. - awesome job all around by the way). At some point he just gleefully confessed OOG "I was hexed!" And kudos for a hex that was perfect for RP and age appropriate for an 11 year old!

But his all time best moment was definitely stealing the treasure right from under the nose of Matt's Demon Knight. I'm not sure I've ever seen him run that fast!

Jen - it was great to meet your mom, and I'm glad to know she wants to return!

Thanks for a great day!

Crystal

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
"May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
Last edit: 02 Jul 2013 12:18 by Faila (Faila).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josephine (mferro54), Croínamara (Jen), Fortier (Greysect), Goggs (coryan), Aella (Onirazael)
  • Andy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 157
02 Jul 2013 12:52 #43 by Andy (Andy)
Replied by Andy (Andy) on topic June 2013 Highlights
Had a great time this weekend!

Friday night Pendarvin mod was terrific, I highly recommend the other Lords spend their land points on them for their vassals. We all had such a great time, I'm going to force Jon to spend more points on them :)

Special thanks to Matt D for putting it all together, Chris Z, Zach, Kelly, Shane, and everyone else who NPC'd for it(I'm sorry, having a tough time remembering everyone =/ ). You guys really did an excellent job and we all appreciate the great job you did. Hope you had as great a time as us!

Only bummer was breaking my new shield even before I got there haha, oh well. Glad Jon and Pat were able to fix it!

I hope everyone enjoyed the Saturday afternoon Pendarvin party. Doug, Jon, Pat, Kelly, Alex T. , Keath, Aaron, and Charlie all come together to try and give everyone a great time Saturday afternoons with some food and grape drink. Thanks to Sam and Kristen, Diane, Typhon (ughh I cant remember your real name!), Charna, and the other Kaladonians for coupling with us to put together a full spread! I had an awesome time and I hope that we can do stuff like this every month. Next time with more fighting and Dwarfsports though.

James' puffy pants demon was just confusing. I have no idea what was going on there. I feel like that demon was just Geoffrey with horns.

Main mod was strangely fun. It was nice to fight bosses that seemed to actual account for their skills. Storos gave us a good fight and really took into account his card rather then just throw a resist at everything which really seemed to up the interest level for a lot of people. Seeing Billiam unload on him was a beautiful sight and then Steve portalling to Kristen asking her to fix his legs. Apparently she couldn't and Steve died a little on the inside.

Bummed I had to leave early after main mod, but Alex and I had some of her things to move on Sunday and the humidity took a nasty toll on me.

Looking forward to next month and more chicken!

-Andy

-Sir Hurgar
Knight of Pendarvin

-Andy
Rules Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erdrick (Erdrick), Elawyn (Elawyn), Pat (Pjort)
02 Jul 2013 13:32 - 02 Jul 2013 16:40 #44 by Namit Chand'ramohan (ShirtlessNPCguy)
Replied by Namit Chand'ramohan (ShirtlessNPCguy) on topic June 2013 Highlights
This event, I must say, was awesome, being able to bring out my PC (who's totally different than what I expected, aha!) I can't want to see how he's gonna develop!
-Making friends and discovering allies is always a good thing.

"I, Namit P. Chandramohan, would like to give a big Thank You to:
Mother Marika Rasia, Mother Remi Sylvaine, Aselra CoalBeard, Mr. Dominic Strong, Mr. Biron de Barac, Mr. Weylin McArthur, Gin Yuki, and Krom Silverfang, among others,
for offering me a warm welcome to the less-warm-than-Amon-Zad Travance proper. Should I bee of assistance, I am at your commands.
Until we meet again, I bid you all fare well on your travels!"

[Seriously, though, I cannot wait for July when I can actually start my training! :D ]

-Namit Patr Chandramohan

OOG: Chase Kosberg

OOG: Chase Kosberg
Last edit: 02 Jul 2013 16:40 by Namit Chand'ramohan (ShirtlessNPCguy).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aselra Coalbeard (Aselra)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
02 Jul 2013 14:19 #45 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic June 2013 Highlights

Crystal wrote: I don't know his name, but the NPC who played the farmer - "I got da taters. . ." Excellent RP, and Faila felt so guilty taking your money she ended up donating some to the monastery on Anhil's suggestion.

The farmer was Jun, pictured here:

You should have seen Jun as a disciple of Quan Lu several moons ago. :lol:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli), Dustin (Musushi), Faila (Faila)
02 Jul 2013 19:14 #46 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic June 2013 Highlights

Nalick wrote: You should have seen Jun as a disciple of Quan Lu several moons ago. :lol:

Oh gods, I loved that disciple. He was hilarious.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
02 Jul 2013 19:39 #47 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic June 2013 Highlights
Dustin is THUH BESTTTTTTTTTTT *brofist*

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dustin (Musushi)
  • Pat
  • Thank Yous: 9
02 Jul 2013 22:06 #48 by Pat (Pjort)
Replied by Pat (Pjort) on topic June 2013 Highlights
Pendarvin mod was A+. Matt did a great job. Super creative.

I ate a bunch of food on Saturday, and I always like when that sort of thing happens.

P.S. Damien is Batman.

Pat H.
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
03 Jul 2013 00:59 #49 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic June 2013 Highlights
Fun stuff for me at the June event.

Gosh, I wish I knew where to start.

First things first was getting my armor fixed up and sword sharpened. Met a pretty cool dragoon smith and we chatted for a bit with Bat cooper and generally got some fun rp in as we talked about various things, the reaction to the dragoon figuring out my character had the weapon he did was great, especially the roleplay he did where he said the flaw in Grim's blade was actually something designed to keep an edge was brilliant.

Seeing newly handsome guy who's name begins with a V who is a scholar and generally pretty interesting to talk to again was cool. Dem scars made him tough-looking. Grim approves of scars.

The initial engagement with the abyssal portal was pretty awesome, hearing those creepy imps (All you ree) talk smack was great, and fighting as hard as I could until we were asked to retreat, then talking with Gideon during the withdrawal about knowing when to fall back was important. Finding out he thought Grim was a sensible guy for a berserker was flattering.

Shortly after midnight I went in to help out with some NPCing, which was fun as I got to be a demonic wolf, and spent a lot of time laying waste to 3 towns as the heroes of travance did their best to get some assistance down there. Breaking a lot of limbs and wreaking havoc as a fairly weak NPC which had some useful tag skills was awesome.

After that, some weird demon rolls into the bar in the Inn, and starts drinking there, well, up until the point where it ingests holy water and melts, thus making everyone have a good laugh, as all the witch hunters walk off without cleaning up the mess, leaving Grim and a newer player to clean it up with mops. Easiest 5 gold he ever made.

Next morning it was Aella's delicious blueberry muffins, talking some more with bat before getting interrupted by crazy crap going down in Travance about eleventy billion times, and Grim briefly explaining something to a priestess of Valos before giving her a symbol of his debt to her. That'll come back to haunt him IG no doubt but honor before reason!

After that, getting recruited into the guard! Apparently Grim impressed them with his native cunning or something, I don't know. It was great fun to march around in formation and practice assault techniques with the other guardsmen. And then bandits and lizardmen and DAMMIT GOGGS STOP SAYING HI TO PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING TO KILL YOU.

Grim had a great moment picking up Bran and swinging him at Lizardmen as an independent melee weapon since Bran's legs were broke, and it went awesomely up until the point where grim himself had all his limbs broken and got thrown on a table in the middle of a huge melee and is going completely frothing mad with rage at enemies he can't hit, or even bite.

After that it was lunch and market faire time! At some point Grim met ox and liked him, but he was busy so he didn't get to interact as much as he liked to. Also, he spent some time learning throw from a guy with a fancy suit of armor talking about how marriage proposals worked. That was a lot of fun!

After lunch Grim spent time with Magnus and learned how to body block, using his brother as one of the many examples of how things are supposed to work. That was most enjoyable, and as always Grim learned best with Caldor around. Next moon he'll be paying Magnus back with some enjoyable lessons of his own. Caldor may be the crash test Dummy this time. Or possibly Bran or Seamus, whoever is available and fun to deal with.

And then it was time for newbie mods! Fighting the demon knight with the white sorceress was great fun. Awesome RP on the part of the demon knight, white sorceress, and all the other demons in the mod. Watching the Celt dragoon take charge with grim as a sort of shouty sergeant was great. We hold the line! Well, we do until that arse the gilded Thrush starts gloryhounding it. Grim was pretty ready to cut his thread for a minute there until his brother and Aella started shouting and he realized what his burdensome duty as a guard recruit was. WHich is to say... keep Viktor alive. So he fought on to do that, bleeding and brawling. Amazing mod, I have nothing but the best things to say about it.

After that, it was time for a bit of relaxation and silliness, and I can't remember what Grim did for a little while until he derped his way into the tail end of a service given over at the monastery. It was a pretty good learning experience, honestly.

Then it was time for the party, and watching demons on the roof! Grim walked out during the party and briefly confronted the demon, though he quickly got tossed off and broken his leg. That was one nasty demon. The archer volley line was brilliant, and the multiple duels the demon on the roof fought were great to observe as well. Also, Law and Order travance was in full effect as the nature of just what interactions the gilded thrush/viktor had with the demon knight, as well as his use of an offensive spell against people of the town came to light.

Party hats and the inverted tower mod! What a well-run adventure that was, as we went in, cleared floors, had a return encounter with the demon knight and smack talk 2 happened. Half the fun for grim was all the times he got hit with knockback attacks and slammed into walls, allowing me to bounce around and fall over. Anhil mockery part 2 was also amusing, though Grim felt bad when he found out Anhil got possessed. Grim will feel bad when he finds out a townsfolk who was exploring got killed. Also. GOGGS STOP RUNNING AHEAD AND PLAYING WITH THAT STUPID BOX. I still would like to know what I did during the Inverted tower mod that got me an RP point (So I can be awesome again ; ) )

So, apparently the inverted tower now has a broken 2nd floor that can be accessed from the first. That is interesting to grim, and I'm wondering if this will have consequences for upcoming tower mod runs!

Oh, special thanks to the demon Knight in the IT and newbie mod rping battle damage from the arrows especially awesomely.

Feast was great, as was the afternoon wheeling-dealing that grim had to do because of his newfound wealth and orders from Magnus. All the non-aligneds more or less invaded a table and ate there, it was pretty great.

After feast it was NPC TIEM for me during main mod. Great battles. Got a lot of use out of all the tag skills I had playing a huge demon beserker, especially awesome was the yelling match I had with a dwarven slayer after we both popped berserker rage, then my demon in a rather anticlimactic moment was knocked down and out by someone from behind, which was rather Indiana-jones ish. Fighting against Bran and sending everyone flying with repeated bodyblocks was also a great fun time.

After main mod it is time to help with ROGUE MOD. And boy did I ever, playing a rather derpy bodyguard who ended poorly after we got taken down like clockwork by the Guild in town. Very good stuff. Super great RP on everyone's part, and any excuse to get drunk and armwrestle IG is awesome by me.

After that it was time to come back in game as grim, only to find Gideon laid out dead on the inn table. It was suprisingly affecting for Grim, who is very overt in his gruffness towards most arcane casters, but Gideon has been so respectful of his beliefs and feelings about it Grim actually felt not only compassion and sadness at his death but fear, especially when he found out who done it.

He was then sent out as a bait team with several other unseasoned members of Travance, and we spent a lot of time roleplaying, getting very lost in the woods, and gathering corpses.

Sunday morning was relaxed, got a lesson from Seamus that was great roleplay, and found out that Grim is now known as the Deadly Tailor because of his tendency to talk about cutting threads. Good times, and Grim definitely likes Bran's cousin.

Sunday noon to afternoon was intense, the AByss mod was hardcore, and Grim almost ended up left there because he got hit with some kind of Ice spell. Nobody could figure out why he wasn't moving, and if it hadn't been for quick work by Gideon grim would have been left in the Abyss for good. As it was, Grim's beloved piece of war-ice. (His fancy sword) ended up as a permanent casualty of the mod. It was great fun standing absolutely immobile and have people shout orders at my character to move or close the line, and having them not realize grim was completely frozen solid. WHat a cool way to end this event in KR. Kudos to the guys running it AND everyone who played in it.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fortier (Greysect), Saoirse Mac'Sidhe (Sidhe)
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
03 Jul 2013 11:13 #50 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic June 2013 Highlights
First off I want to apologize to anyone who had to deal with me on Friday night. I was overcome by the heat and had a raging migraine because of it. I just wanted to strip off some layers (which I did eventually), sit down, and slowly sip water. Since Travance is Travance that really didn't get to happen. Thank the gods for pain pills--that was the only thing that eventually cured the migraine and the majority of my grumpiness.

Highlights:
-Getting Libris back. She no longer is Libris Infinitus so my PC considers her a totally different book. On the upside--cool lost lore language that helped me understand Kessia's notes in my book. Can't wait to Expert ID this next event.
-Pendarvin mod. It was a lot of fun to see my boys in action. Gene--I have one word for you: autobiography. I also had never dealt with so many doctory things in a single mod before. It feels nice to be useful in that respect--patching up my boys and sending them back out to fight.
-Lots of Lord of Pendarvin love this month. Antrim refusing to believe it was my fault that my civil action had no effect this month--my first non-success in the year I've been doing this. When I said: "I don't think my heart was in it--", he quickly said: "No I think your heart was in it. Perhaps your words of advice just weren't heeded." Later on when he found me on the battle field after Main Mod, he and Hugar asked how the Abyss was. When I looked at them blankly, they explained: "We heard you jumped into the Abyss." "Oh I'm not that stupid." The look on Antrim's face was priceless as he declared: "I'm proud of you. No really. I'm really proud."
-Darius lap sitting and Misaki growly face. Hehe. Jealousy should be a blue trait with how grumpy he gets sometimes.
-Brother Sister bonding time over our mutual hatred and dislike for Kessia. It's funny how a person who tries to kill both of us can make us put aside our sibling bickering in our drive to destroy her. Hell hath no fury like a Silverbow pissed off. Haha.
-Learning to shoot a hand crossbow from Hengus OOG. I really want one now for shits and giggles.
-Dealing with a broken Alicia and fixing some of her insanities and trying to keep her calm while attempting to instill in her the idea that Kessia is a bad bad person and should not be trusted. It's weird when I have become the level headed one and have become close with so many healers. Also pausing to realize I was actually protecting someone with a Divine Sanctuary. It's odd to see myself as a protector type but somehow I've gotten there.
-Marketfaire as Kathleen. My wares sold quickly but it was nice to hang out and talk to people as someone different. The look on Chris Z's face as he charged over to me gleefully to call Lore: Celt on my tartan skirt was wonderful. I was converged on by Celts and really made to feel like part of the family. Loved every moment of it. The RP was fantastic with those I interacted with. I even had Valentine offer to buy copies of my faerie tales for a gold a piece! Can't wait to go out as her again.
-working on collaborating research and resources is always wonderful with Lady Casandra.
-Sam doing awesome things to seal the gate. Erdrick is so badass.
-My Expert ID with Illana, Misaki, Danny, and Mark's character watching. I always try to make it fun and interesting so I poked it with a stick, poked it with a sword, hit it for no damage, jumped on it, licked it, and probably a whole bunch of other things I can't remember before I sat down and just studied it.
-Gideon and Kleidan pondering adopting me as we lounged on a hill in post feast nap-time. Also Gideon's new book for me is the best ever. <3
-Misaki's Master Witch Hunter test and my purpose for being there. It was hard to see Misaki struggle with this one and hesitate for so long but it did tell me one thing about my PC. Her dark elf side really has come back out with how ruthless she was thinking. Let's just hope this is the only extent it goes because Travance does not want to see that side of her.
-Post test talk with Magnus. It's nice to know his thoughts on Misaki and I's relationship. That makes it official--all of the Masters in town have shown their approval their own way. Magnus though has given Aemorniel something to ponder about. Even though Lethias told me Misaki's upcoming battle is his own, it'll be difficult for her to stand aside when it seems at times she's the only thing keeping him standing.
-Damien: you are a clever clever man and that is all I have to say. I love interacting with you.
-Faux-Aemorniel. It was a ton of fun to be able to do rogue skills. I became a little too fond I think of it. There were ton of hints dropped I wasn't my PC if people paid attention. Only Angeliana picked up I wasn't me by how cold and distant I was. The clincher for her was this faux-Aemorniel having no idea about the gift the real Aemorniel had given her and what it meant. Playing the fact I had no idea what people were talking about was so much fun but goddamn did I get in the middle of heavy secrets. If I didn't have such a specific mission, I could've bolted off wearing the Laurent Belmont circlet since I was wearing that at one point as the spy. It took not so sublte hints for Misaki--my own fiancé--to realize I wasn't me. Once he did--oh damn it was fierce. It's always interesting to see Cy pushed to the brink as his character. Also terribly sweet to see his devotion and how fiercely he'll do whatever it takes to have her safe and home again.

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana)
09 Jul 2013 01:42 - 09 Jul 2013 01:56 #51 by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli)
Replied by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli) on topic June 2013 Highlights
I guess I am doing this a little bit late~

The June event was super fun!! And high lights in no particular order.

-Being woken up by Demons, twice. Once Saturday morning and once again Saturday evening after feast when I went to nap.
First time- Elawyn using wall of thorns and the demons got bored
Second time- Corteccia and Kamei were the only ones in the state house. Corteccia used a barrier/shield and second time crawling into rafters have saved Kamei's life.
Quick story: Demon- "We're going to eat you!" Me- *in half asleep state* "go find someone else to eat, you'll eat me and be hungry again in a half hour anyway." I know, I'm horrible. =P <3

Welcome back Emerson :D It's been a long hiatus! But, whee! You're back! Same for Josh! You two need to show up more often!

Getting to interact with Darius Friday night. It's always a pleasure~ Even if sometimes I did miss m'lord =P

Erdrick once again asking, "Kamei have we found a way to make more of you yet?" Makes me giggle every time~

Super epic walk through the woods with newbies Friday night looking for boxes. Night time treasure hunting! Woo! I hope you all had a great time! <3

Cooking feast with Luis and his angels! It's always a blast cooking with Luis, and this feast was exceptional. Though, every time I walked out of the kitchen to cool down I always got dragged away to do doctor-y things. Which, I'm not complaining about ^_~

Putting Kuo Kun back together again, it was like a very bad nursery rhyme. x_x

Feeling horrible Saturday night because I don't know reanimate yet and people were looking at me with big eyes like "you HAVE to help them, why can't you help them?!" I promise guys! SOON! <3

Main Mod was CRAZY! (In a good way, of course). Standing with the healers and such making sure no one died. Stealthin' around the battle field making sure no one was just thrown into the shadows who was bleeding out.

Bar shenanigans! :) Gotta love it~

Helping cure Sir. Cinder of his ailment~ Thank you Brian for a true first introduction of Cinder. I look forward to many more interactions.

Khitan stuff later that was run by Luis. I had so much fun with this and I cannot wait to see where it goes! It's the first interactions that Misaki and Kamei have had in almost a year and a half, and it starts off with trying to save peoples lives. And, the ever judging stare of Kamei..haha, feels good to be playing Kamei like this again (even if just for a short while). Whee!! KHITAN STUFFS! :D

Hearing about epic adventures from Dustin on the way home! Abyss RP and his NPC as the farmer. "Got potato.tomato.co'n." hehe <3

Of course, once again leaving early from game. I was just so exhausted from all of the heat.
Thank you all for such a great game!!!

Ps. Thank you Kaladonia statehouse for having an ice elemental trapped ;) Anhil and Orion are true heroes~~ <3

P.s.s. Depending how things go I will see you all in October~ ;)

[Kamei Kunsai, Vassal and Health Administer of Kaladonia]
[Luminista Petsho-Aeislin]

(oog: Shannon F.)
Last edit: 09 Jul 2013 01:56 by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli).
09 Jul 2013 14:19 #52 by Mordra GraLucia (Mordra)
Replied by Mordra GraLucia (Mordra) on topic June 2013 Highlights
Thank you all for a great first weekend!

I was attacked by imps. My mind was probed by a psion. I was protected in a magical bubble from imps. I saw sweet looking orc and dark elf. I followed the witch hunters to a village getting attacked by a fire behemoth demon which, surprisingly, turned out to be a terrible idea. I ran to get help. I was killed by possessed gypsies. I went through the resurrect ritual. I helped/cheered a raid an ancient tomb for some scrolls while dodging gargoyles. I helped decipher previously mentioned scrolls. I was offered some alchemical potions from a man with goggles. I went to a fun party and got a fun party hat. I went to the inverted tower with my silly hat and threw some itching powder at a demon. I went to mass and got a mass of blessings. I was baptized in the pub. I was led astray from my faith not too late after. I wandered the land collecting bottles only to see what I think was a pirate under attack from demons. I ran to the inn and warned everyone. I ate a ceremonial meal in the monastery consisting of pies with sauce, meat and cheese on them. I was protected by an angry badger. I turned into a brute demon. I ate a dude. Then I turned into a skeleton and ate nobody. I saw an undead priest of galladel and lazily warned those at the monastery. I was offered the chance to chase after a chaos orb which I kindly refused. I smoked a pipe on the stoop of the inn. I swept some floors then I rolled my way home.

I’m looking forward to my next weekend and am going to take the opportunity to redo some of my character now that I have a better grasp of how the game flows. I would like to especially thank those at the monastery for letting me crash at their sacred place. It was also good to see some familiar faces all the way up in New Jersey!

Pending the heat, I look forward to my next trip. Thank you, all!

Mordra GraLucia
Chancellor of Alisandria
Champion of Enax
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lathiel (Lathiel), Augustus (OEBlaze), Goggs (coryan)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.758 seconds