September Highlights

10 Sep 2013 21:54 #31 by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH)
Replied by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH) on topic September Highlights

Aria wrote:

Best was during main mod, mocking and maniacally giggling while levitating above...and the fantastic conversation with Tari and Goggins.

You are still the worst hide and seeker ever :P

Seriously, best conversation ever. You guys were awesome.

~Charani Yhatzi

OOG: Sharone Horowit-Hendler
kitchen staff
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
11 Sep 2013 01:19 #32 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic September Highlights
Big Highlight:

Feast food. You have now experienced the cooking I've experienced periodically throughout my visits to Jason and Ree's. Totally awesome. 6 hour pork is the BEST.

Friday night/Saturday morning

This was actually my most involved rp the whole event because of OOG reasons involving some lost keys and a trip to Philly :(

But anyway! Meeting the Redcaps and Unseelie was cool until they provoked Grim into a fight, then Grim found out about negotiations AND apologized to the baroness for losing his temper. And then the redcaps hunted him as he tried to lure them off Aella's trail (successfully!)

Getting his life saved by Orrin! Very nice work Vice captain. Sadly, it was only spared for a darker fate...

First part of the druid ritual mod involved a scramble down to the lake to pick up water. We ran into a gypsy weeping over his lost children but they could do nothing about it, and we went on our way, sending a few warriors like Anhil, Danae, and someone else who I can't remember as well off to help.

We come back up to the Inn, and make our final preparations, only to lose our tactical coordinator and EVERY healer we had lined up well before we took our long walk into the woods. Zach and Chris mad this incredibly creepy and atmospheric, and having helped with some parts of the mod setup I was really pleased with how well it turned out.

People start dropping, Keavy gets her limbs cut off, the entire ritual is going to heck, so grim unleashes his Berserker rage and tears into the dire wolves and natures' guardians with the blood red vengeance of a berserker born.

And then, he dies, his legs cut out from him, leaning against a tree. The rite goes off, and I get to listen in at all the very wonderful mourning RP as various characters react to the brother of Caldor (one of the druids who was doing the ritual) dying as a sacrifice for it to work. Some stuff that Augustus and Typhon said I particularly remember, though Grim was dead at the time. Bran also said some cool stuff.

The reanimation itself was amazing, I've been wanting to take part in a reanimation ever since I saw Moira get reanimated back in July, and it was even cooler to have it done on myself. Dr. Maxwell, Augustus, and Caldor, as well as Typhon did an amazing job of anticipating eactly how he'd react on waking up and safely restrained him from destroying an entire room in winterdark manor (which he would have done had it not been for their super smart roleplay)

After that I didn't do a whole lot until I checked on my insanities at logistics and got a major one, and once again Dr Maxwell saves the day! I think that's his job or something ;)

I also had some great roleplay with Orrin and Magnus and a few of the other guard members during this time because we were dealing with Magnus' return and the aftermath of all that, as well as Grim's thoughts about the completion of his wyrd, or destiny, since he was to be a Slayer (which he accomplished by using the Hammer of Light to fell the Shadow King), and a Sacrifice, which he achieved in the lonely, dark woods before dawn.

Getting my first Master warrior lesson courtesy of Jun and Angelica Tellinghast was great, particularly with Magnus going out of his way to make sure grim found a teacher like that.

Main mod was fun, chaotic, atmospheric and scary, particularly when Grim took a wrong turn and went with the strong guys up against the Redcaps instead of down the left-hand path with the low seasons. Thanks to the grumbleguts and a few other powerhouses for busting him out and letting him show up and startle Orrin and Augustus by coming out of literally nowwhere during the mass battle and greeting them cheerfully.

NPC shift, well, I was asked to do some Rogue Mod stuff and had a great time NPCing for it. Playing a guard, an Iron Golem, and then a Ghost in quick succession was great.

Sunday was pretty chill, I got to actually sleep, had some bacon with Typhon, was there for about a half of an Ostcliff land meeting before I got pulled off to go break up a warlock ritual. Grim tried super hard to arrest and talk it through but it ended up in a mess as he got chaotically altered and super violence happened.

Props to Goggs for deceiving grimkjell like that. I had great fun throwing Sean's NPC back into the midst of the PCs for a further beatdown with a well-timed use of the Throw ability.

The pit fighter mod was AMAZING and I was glad to be able to learn stunning blow as Grim from the NPCs. I love entertainment-style combat mods such as that, rather than just murder-hoboland. It was great to just roleplay and posture and stuff.

The game was pretty fun overall, I'm sad I couldn't get hooked by the main plot due to my being dead or absnet for a good deal of it. Grim only ever ran into faeries being jerks or annoyances.

a particular person highlight was Orrin explaining to Grim what he in fact WAS and then he and grim talking about the symbology of Grim's armor, and that he should get a rune simply dedicated to the wyrd of being a "Good person." I fully intend to do this as soon as I find a proper quasi-nordic rune in order to do so.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
11 Sep 2013 01:42 #33 by Father Nikolai (ertsyperts)
Replied by Father Nikolai (ertsyperts) on topic September Highlights
This event was awesome though odd for me.

Wasn't involved with plot in the slightest rest of the event just seems to whirl together in a blend of sleeplessness and awesomeness.

Gypsy Children Mod. Oh gods. When the group started marching off and doing a head count realizing we were screwed. If it weren't for Anhil and company arriving when they did life tags would have been lost. Albert putting in a crazy amount of work and saving everybody. Not being able to save them in the end and being the only person to witness the other Galledelite perform basic funeral rites. Taking the time to take them to the graveyard and bury them with some others.

Gypsy mod curse. Hey he was there! *gets hugged* start retching because of curse hilarity.

Dominic and his apprentice? late that night. My involvment being blown waaaaaaaaaaaay out of proportion and being accused at laughing at the death's of the gypsy children. Didn't let it really show but my character was pissed at hearing that. Like Red Lantern Corp. internal rage.

Saturday was mostly damage control from the previous night due to the Dominic thing and a slight disagreement on duty with a Barabrian. Also still need to talk to Ms. Darkwood in game and straighten everything out. James actually kind of looks up to her as she introduced him to Doctor Maxwell (don't think she remembers lol) and she is the only other physician besides Doctor Maxwell who can reanimate. Again misinformation and misinterpretation led to me running around trying to make people not hate me.

Npc'ed Main mod as an ice drake. It was interesting to say the least. There was a point where everyone was scattered and it seemed like they'd have to retreat. Then a couple people showed up followed by Lord Ardentfire. Turned it around quite nicely for them.

Vermin Lords at Pendarvin. Going into crit getting picked back up then treating all the poison and like 4 broken limbs. SOmeone comes running from the mages guild saying Mirwen was down. Immediately bolt that direction with only Verril Lebastion with me. Get there find out she's in crit and a healer appears. Everyone leaves I end up being late and walk alone. Tried to hide from the Red Caps. Doesn't work and they took me hostage. Eventually get to the mages guild. End up using a Divine Sanctuary scroll to save myself and Mirwen until the cavalry arrive. Some amazing RP by the Guildmaster. Tried to think of so many things to say but it would've just ruined it.

Sunday warlock mod. Chaotic alteration on Grimjkell for the second time this event. Dominic stops it then bam Chaotic alteration on Danae and I'm floored. Get back up rush over to Byron and bam hit by an ego whip in the back.

All in all good event even if it was an extremely stressful and taxing one

Father Nikolai

Matthew E.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
11 Sep 2013 10:31 #34 by Sister Danae (Danae)
Replied by Sister Danae (Danae) on topic September Highlights
I had such a great event! I really want to put out a huge thank you to Danny, without his help, I'd have never made the event.

Friday night:

Quick run to the monastery after layon for awesome clergy fun times. Being part of the wall of clergy standing ready to protect Cooper from anything that could happen.

Trying to help someone get to the armory, only to run into a couple redcaps who decided to verbally abuse us. Ran to the town to find Bat Cooper, who nicely said to deal with it. Ran back to the armory to find a pack of lower levels hiding in there.

Getting asked to come help collect water, and having this become an incredibly difficult task, as we faced piskies, wolves, redcaps(who were mad at Grim and decided to attack him). Had to carry Grim towards the town to try and find him a healer, but luckily we ran into one before we got too far.

Abandoning the water quest to help save the gypsy children because Valos. It was an awesome fight, and even though we didn't save the children, great role play happened.

The walk back to town with Loralei and Anhil.

Getting recruited to help a Druid thing, and being one of the many that ran off to fight the redcaps. Danae's feelings of guilt when she found out Grim died during this.

Saturday:
Morning porch talks with Kanas. This is starting to become a regular thing. Having to pause the conversation to receive the most delicious coffee, because nobody likes an undercoffeed barbarian.

Handing out tomatoes to people, made some coins off it, but Danae really just does it for the love of good food.

The best conversation about magic with the faerie prince. Danae, however, was completely clueless as to whom she was speaking. Luckily, she remembered her manners. The hilarity that ensued as the barbarian and faerie prince could not see eye to eye over magic.

Npc shift! Played a piskie for about 5 seconds before being recalled for rogue plot. Getting to watch rogue mod was awesome!

Getting to go out for the last 30 minutes of my NPC shift as a redcap was so much fun. Looking for someone who wanted to play a game, with the wager being blood. Getting fed by Alisandria, and unknowingly receiving a poisoned drink. Thankfully natural resist saved me for my first few sips, but unfortunately took a few too many. The confusion that came after I suddenly collapsed.

Going to feast in my "night clothes" without war paint, because Danae took a nap and slept too late.

Sleepy barbarian is sleepy.

Mass was amazing as always.

Angry papa Kwildar! Eek!

Main mod was awesome. Trying to keep the low levels in line while there was a whole lot of standing and waiting. Watching the path in case anything attacked.

Near the end of the fight, getting blinked behind the line of faeries, and having just enough time to turn around and swear before being roflpwned.

My only complaint would be the blue lights, because migraines make me sad.

Sunday:

Getting to punch magic in the face with Dominic. Getting chaotically altered(sorry guys!) and having no one attack me to prevent my rampage.

Learning my second part of my master list training from Billiamm. May have been one of my favorite lessons ever.

All and all, I had an amazing event, and I can't wait until October.

Dame Danae Hainsworth
Cleric of Valos
Second Knight of Pendarvin

"Where something bad happens, you have three choices...
You can either let it define you, let it destroy you, or let it strengthen you."

OOG: Michaela Benton
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
11 Sep 2013 11:51 - 11 Sep 2013 12:59 #35 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic September Highlights
Simply a wonderful event. Although I didn't get to engage much with what I hear was a very well-written plot, the attention to detail that had been put into planning the weekend was nonetheless impossible to overlook. Beautiful costuming and thoughtfully assembled roving encounters - along with a host of splendid NPCs charged with carrying the story forwards - characterised the event, and I know that I certainly won't be forgetting it for a long time to come! Kristen, JJ, thankyou - it was ace.

Going out with Cy, Angel and Josh on Saturday to hunt for the Mortalis was a definite personal highlight. Had a blast trotting around watching Arlyn screwing with the PCs and attempting to charm/threaten/buy them off - Cy, you sort of reminded me of a deranged Bond villain, and although I was meant to be playing a cold, unfeeling character, it was difficult to hold back a smile whilst watching you do your thing. Just excellent. Josh and Angel were ttly bestest minions evar, and the torturing was awesome in a sort of "this absolutely probably shouldn't be awesome" kind of way (Dani you rockstar :lol: )

Say it with me now: SALLY GOGGINS!! I... er, have a daughter now? Or something? WHAT? Gina, I sincerely hope you're bringing her back at some point, because this is going to be incredible. Travance, you better be ready for Mini-Londwyns.

Elias' Dark Dwarf, whose name I still don't know (I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that, as funny as it is, you haven't actually named him Mister Friendly...) Every interaction with this guy was well-executed and entertaining without being cheesy. Absolutely loved it - and am OOG hoping that it wasn't just Bolton in a disguise!

CHRIS F'ING ZIPETO you little legend you. THOROUGHLY enjoyed all your Willard-related lol (yes, even the bit when Orion was ready to kill me.) I know I can't be alone in being stoked to see what you've got in store for us next month... JUST TAKE OUR LIFETAGS NOW WHY DON'T YOU. Seriously, thankyou for going out of your way to run all the things that you did this weekend; was as entertained as I was impressed (which is to say a lot.) It goes without saying that Nigel was dishing out generous portions of awesome as per usual, and seeing you and Meander teaming up on Tower Mod was truly a joy.

Basically EVERYTHING on Saturday night. From the cheery-yet-lethal redcap duellists, to Biron's late-night dragon stories, to sneaking around in the forest with Teresa... just so many awesome things went down around then. And getting to go on Main Mod! Only the third time I've got to do this as my PC, and a really rather trippy experience at that. All the lights and flares and glowsticks and smoke and fairies giggling like maniacs made for a thoroughly surreal experience.

Oh yeah, and that awkward moment when you accidentally KO Lord Ardentfyre... oops. You looked very monster-like in the dark!

Nadi breaking Goggins on Friday night. "Lyric of Suggestion: Fairies are real." Nothing like a little existential dilemma to throw a spanner in the works (ha) - all I'll say is that it certainly made my weekend more interesting, and allowed for some much more involved dialogue with the Piskies that kept popping up all over the place. And yes, Sharone, you're terrible at hide-and-seek :lol:

Late-night lessons with Elric - Ben managed to hold together a really watertight lesson despite being clearly very sleep-deprived. I'm looking forward to future lessons with you buddy!

Similarly interesting chats with Gideon about magic. I think it's going to take a little while before Goggins will believe you, but this is certainly progress. Thanks for being patient and RPing it out with me.

Gypsy children mod. Getting to see this from the perspective of an NPC was really rather amusing. I don't think it could have gone more wrong! On the plus side, I can now append "imaginary evil gypsy girl child clone thing" to the list of characters I've played. That one sure was weird.

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
Last edit: 11 Sep 2013 12:59 by Goggs (coryan).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn), Onca (Lorelai), Chryphex (Chryphex)
11 Sep 2013 12:56 #36 by Renji Shintaro (digitaldpad)
Replied by Renji Shintaro (digitaldpad) on topic September Highlights

Goggs wrote: Similarly interesting chats with Gideon about magic. I think it's going to take a little while before Goggins will believe you, but this is certainly progress. .

I was the creepy npc sitting at the end of the bar during that discussion. This was easily one of the top 3 best moments from this event for me. You sir, are one awesome character.

~An apprentice near a temple will recite the scriptures untaught.~

Renji

(Oog Chris Burke)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goggs (coryan)
11 Sep 2013 16:54 #37 by mas_michellemybelle (msucamel)
Replied by mas_michellemybelle (msucamel) on topic September Highlights
It had been years since I came to Knight Realms and I guess I just want to say my first highlight would be the community. It's really nice to not be somewhere for a very long time and come back to the kindness and openness that I have received.

In terms of IG highlights:

Ric Dolan. Lord Hellock is such a complicated and complex character. I look forward to breaking this puzzle down.

I absolutely love RPing the animosity between Dark Elves and High Elves with Arden Silverbow. It's like a chess game between him and I. It is just so fun to play out.

Edwin, as always for being as shady and as good as he is depending on the interaction.

My fight with the squire of Ostcliff. I don't remember your name but I assure you my character will not forget your face -- or her now undying hatred of you. Also, telling you off in front of your lord -- twice.

My RP interactions with Clytie, the nyad, who will forever be my "Let's make jokes about how stupid confession is.." partner.

The vice captain of the guards apologetic confession.. I think Crimson would have almost preferred Slacks method -- at least he would not have apologized for it.

Creeping out random PC's by just sitting on the porch and not talking. It's amazing what you can do in terms of atmosphere by not speaking when one is a Drow. I enjoy this and plan to explore it further.

Solomon, Jude or June (I'm not sure what the correct name of your character is, my apologies,) and Dr. Maxwell's cruel humor.

One of my favorite moments had to be when the imps came to attack the inn. I was sitting on the porch literally doing nothing and when they came up to attack everyone else, they did nothing to my character. Sometimes it is easier when you just let others assume the worst I suppose.

I had so much fun. It's nice to be back.

Kindly,
Michelle
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Matt D (MattD), Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin), Onca (Lorelai), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
11 Sep 2013 21:57 #38 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Replied by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin) on topic September Highlights
What an event. I am still recovering from lack of sleep. Sleep is overrated anyway:

Friday:
New guest at the Guild
At the Guild and was visited by three redcaps. They only wanted to punch us or rather have us run into their fists. We gave in and they left. If they had arrived ten minutes later, we would have had real problems.
Awesome ritual by Master Weavewarden, that was enjoyed by all present.
Lord Montgomery!
Serious talk with another Master of the Guild. I could feel tears.
Being summoned by the Baroness to help with a problem.

Saturday:
10a-2p Logistics Shift: thanks to Stacey for helping me with a medical issue.
Awesome burger at Alisandria.
Mage's Guild meeting with food by Ginny. Always a positive reinforcement for attendees.
Pirate Mod-great job by Sharone with an unexpected overlarge group. Alisia as the insane crew member did a great job, even after she was brought back to Travance.
Spending time with Colin.
Feast Outside was comfortable and the pork was incredible.
Main Mod was really fun as well as dangerous as it was spread out over a larger area. Great job by the NPCs who seemed to be everywhere.
No Amizar and Verrill, you're not going with that woman. Maybe the Nyad can go though. She is now my second favorite nyad. On second thought, let's gets down to the waterfront and sort through this. Great job by the merpeople.
Ran into an upset human woman with relationship problems. No good deed goes unpunished. "I need a wild mage!"
Vermin, vermin and more vermin! I have not felt such fear in a long time. Was given kindness at the Kaledonia Statehouse. Dash to the Guild to check on Mirwen. Things got worse and I was greeted by an unexpected visitor to the Guild. She said we don't make the type of deal that was proposed. Most of the town was down there. Ardin was truly touched. Could have been much worse.

Sunday:
Ritual-more pressure than usual but pulled it off despite a small hiccup.
Telepathic contact!
Enjoying the pit fighting. Great job by Sean and his merry band of fighters. Watch out for that brute though, she's pretty mean-looking.
Gideon getting in a stinger. Ouch.

It was truly a great event. Kudos to Kristen and those who made it possible. There were so many. Saw some very good role playing, especially from our newer players. Keep up the good work!

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH), Aella (Onirazael), Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
12 Sep 2013 11:19 - 12 Sep 2013 11:22 #39 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
Replied by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay) on topic September Highlights

mas_michellemybelle wrote: My RP interactions with Clytie, the nyad, who will forever be my "Let's make jokes about how stupid confession is.." partner.

Let us make this tradition. Every friday night, we get together and make fun of confessions and the interrogators when they're being unreasonable.

Silverbow Patriarch wrote: Maybe the Nyad can go though. She is now my second favorite nyad.

Nope. You wanna bump back down to fourth? Work with me here.

Dame Clytie Silverfang, the Pegasus
Knight of Travance
Master of the Mage's Guild

OOG- May Leonard
Kitchen Staff
Last edit: 12 Sep 2013 11:22 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay).
The following user(s) said Thank You: mas_michellemybelle (msucamel)
  • Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
13 Sep 2013 10:11 #40 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic September Highlights
There were waaaaay too many things I loved about this event, but let's see if I can't get them all into perspective.

Friday: Returning to Alisandria and having the Red wearing folk take me in like I had never left. It'd been since the WITL since I could go to KR so I was really excited to be there. Then the Gypsy Children Mod hit that night. Geez what a slaughterhouse..... I mean we all got grinded up for the most part which led to amazing argument with a certain Dr. Demontfort. Oh the joy I had running into Dr. Maxwell and explaining the situation. Be careful with your words James, next time you decide to call a Notherner a coward, you better hope the Barony is around to save you again. Also the argument with the RedCaps at the bar after one had levitated me in my tent was also great. I think I rp'ed that wonderfully. I especially loved Judge opening my tent and telling me to shut up, then promptly asking e if I had jumped before.

I GOTS ME FOUR RPING POINTS AS WELL!!! 1 for the argument in the bar, 1 for rouge mod, one from Master Silverbow, and the other from a woman playing a nyad who enjoyed me spitting on the ground after I got entranced by Corey. Btw Corey....... dirty, dirty move you deliciously evil bastard you. Thankfully Dr. Maxwell saved me before tearing out my own heart, whew!

Saturday: As I stated before Corey entranced me and almost had me tear out my own heart. Npcing as a Piskey (Spell check) and drawing a flower onto a resident of Drega Mera's chest, only to have him declare eye for and eye and have a flower on my chest as well. But then I was promptly turned back to Logicistics to go for rouge mod. I then had a pretend card game with a man I can't remember your name, but it was great rping and then Jeff weyley'd us both. Then I got to be an owl bear, only to be hit with an incapacitate and fall before I terrorized the two innocent ladies I was chasing.

Main mod for me was kinda on the thumbs down side though, not saying it was bad, but I ended up being on the shield wall for the gold path as we tried to get that skin, only to have one wolf show up, and then stand around for 10 minutes before moving out. Being that I was upset about that I went back to the inn looking for a fight and found myself roleplaying with Master Silverbow where I recieved my 3rd rp point. It made me feel awesome that even though this was my second moon, I was damned good at rping.

Running down to the lake to deal with Nyad's was great, all the way up until I was his with enslavement and then sent after Lord Blackthorne in which I took a header into the sand.

Then came the dreaded gank squad. I challenged a redcap to a duel and got bodied, then proceeded to have to fight vermin lords where I got my limbs eaten not once, but twice! Oh how terrible it was. The worst part about Gank squad was that I was toe to toe with a Vermin lord minion I think and I was doing really good. A Recap then walked up and after taunting me for about 2 minutes, swung and hit me for 30 magic. Oddly enough I only have 29 body and was at full health..... ain't that a shame? Dropped into Crit, then was carried back to the monestary for some healing.

Sunday: A dragoon handed me two enigmatic ores and a master lock box that Dr. Maxwell opened up for me. Got a bunch of goodies in there and now Jack is on the hunt for 8 more ores!

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
  • Faila
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
13 Sep 2013 21:17 - 14 Sep 2013 06:48 #41 by Faila (Faila)
Replied by Faila (Faila) on topic September Highlights
Am I really posting this nearly a week late?

Alex G and I were on site only on Saturday and we had a great time. Our last event I found it easy to RP Faila, but this event, RP was challenging and I found her to be distracted, although I think there may be a good IG reason for that.

The Good

• Smithing items that people actually needed - hurray for iron and tier 1 materials ("take that Angus")! I used up all my CP for the first time which convinced me to dump a bunch of build into getting more.
  • Having the shield Alex and I made pass for safety.
  • Watching Alex G. RP with Billiam and Ilana doing research as I smithed in the Armory.
  • Watching some new players with great RP (May in particular who at her second event - I think - had the courage to address nearly the entire town down in Alisandria).
  • Getting to catch up with Ree and Jason as we prepped for feast.
  • Meeting both Dimitri and Lethias IG and not having a clue who they were either IG or OOG until we introduced ourselves.
  • Smithing upstairs at the Inn and suddenly realizing the Selkie Prince was sleeping in the same room. Brian, your NPC was so pathetic I couldn't do anything except offer to help, and feel helpless I couldn't do more.
  • Main mod
  • Driving home at 11 pm and having Alex G. tell me as he crashed out "this was the best event ever, I really felt like I was a part of everything." Nothing like being protected by the fighters of Pendarvin during main mod (including Grumbleguts, a Lord, a Mage, and a Paladin) to make a young scholar feel important. Thanks to everyone who made that happen! And thanks to the Storytellers who used this model to keep the lower level players involved.

• The Bad
    • Finding out said homemade shield was heavy (but I still can't wait to get to use it)
    • My flying prat fall during new player mod - no bruise kit can replicate what now exists on my knees - but it is good to know I still bounce pretty well.
    The Ugly
    • Being told by Dimitri that Faila couldn't hone iron weapons and realizing I'd cheated when swinging for an extra +1 during the new player mod earlier in the day - both Faila and I were really mortified even if it was unintentional. Mea culpa - Magnus, please don't drag me in for questioning.
    • Understanding how to beat the "shell game" every time only minutes after watching various body parts being eaten during main mod - a complete duh moment

• Thanks to everyone for a great event.

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
    Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
    "May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
    Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
    Last edit: 14 Sep 2013 06:48 by Faila (Faila).
    • Gwynedd
    • Premium Member
    • Premium Member
    • Thank Yous: 17
    13 Sep 2013 22:16 #42 by Gwynedd (Gwynedd)
    Replied by Gwynedd (Gwynedd) on topic September Highlights
    Sorry,this is a week late.

Before I give my Highlights, I want to give a big thank you to Kirsten, J.J., Brian and all the npcs that made last event so Great!

I loved being apart of the main mod gathering the healersThalia and my gypsy friend and my Alissandrian friend(I am sorry I do not remember your names) who helped with the prince! thank you so much!!!

Gwynedd
    OOG: Suzi Shaffer

What do you need of me?
    14 Sep 2013 19:32 #43 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
    Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic September Highlights
    This was a great event. I loved the story for the event, especially since it was "Disney in Travance"!

Friday: For the first period I was an NPC, in which I was scared shitless by the Rogue's guild. Whoever was the guy who disguised himself as a fairie, that was awesome. After not dying once as an NPC (which is good?), I got to be Kanas for the rest of Friday, in which I went on the druid mod, where everything was trying to kill me. Really, everything, including the GMs, who targeted me on purpose with not even damages, but I was getting entwine with vines and poison ivys. I barely survived the entire mod, and what did I get out of it, the option to befriend a Direwolf. I tamed him, and used him to find injured people.

Saturday: It's kind of weird to have a dark dwarf as a roommate. After waking up at 7ish, I sat on the front steps talking to Bard the useless smith and I forget your name the Bedoin, where we had a really strange conversation. I have no idea what we were talking about. Afterward, stuff happened, I spent time at the forge with Falia and the young scholar, then multiple newbie mods await, in which I found out about what the little section of woods near the monastary. I also had an amazing Druidic lore lesson with Typhon, Caldor, the young scholar, Mother Remy, and Clover. I was there with Cytie when she tributed herself, and I was so relieved when Gwyneth helped us, as well as Tatsuya and his tea. Gwyneth, you are amazing and are the best healer ever! Without you, Travance would be a much more dangerous place. Feast was amazing, especially the food. After feast and whatever happened with Lord Fallow, I got to participate at the War Meeting. Apparantly me being at the Fairy door when the Siren Morgana helped me come up with the idea that allowed us to achieve victory at the main, or at least an outline of the objective. I actually was of some use to Travance for once. Main mod was interesting, and the Kappa was fantastic. Thank the gods I wasn't playing the game. After main mod, I was sleeping, and a but of Redcaps though it was a good idea to wake me up from my sleep and start trying to duel me. I told them to get away from me, then I fell back to sleep.

Sunday: After a sort of pleasant sleep, I had a discussion with Lucius Knight and the Lord of Ostcliff about what it means to be a member of the barony, and the benefit of good work. Then I was dragged by Dominic to a Warlock ritual, where I got into a discussion about making a deal to pay the mercenaries in bacon, until the warlock leading the ritual decided to go aggro, leading to conflict, and no bacon. After that, which ended in some unnecessary deaths, we left and decided to spend time learning new skills and take it easy. I learned how to use a sword by Dimitri, and then the day was done for me.

Overall, that was an amazing event. I can't wait for the next one!

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Faila (Faila)
    • Keavy
    • Premium Member
    • Premium Member
    • Will bite when provoked
    • Thank Yous: 231
    17 Sep 2013 15:46 - 17 Sep 2013 16:07 #44 by Keavy (Dani)
    Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic September Highlights
    Better-late-than-never post!! If I've forgotten anything, forgive me!

Friday:
    Druid Ritual mod!! Crazy intense! When I ran out of skills to call, and had no arms left, Keavy (IG) threw herself at enemies to do anything to keep them away from the ritual as well as other people.

Actually sleeping on Friday night?!

Saturday:
    Torture/dominate in the cellar of despair haha Cy and Cory, you were awesome and it was such a unique form of torture. I was hoping I would pull more teeth for you guys before people stopped the domination haha But I kept up the roleplay by making a fat lip (aka a wad of cloth) for a good few hours.

Feast food!! And tons of Shenanigans. If only it wasn't starting to get colder, I'd sit outside more often!

Following Firin to the stump of Wytchwood again with his satyr friend we named Snowflower. Keavy got to dig again! Fun times. :)

Quick NPC role for Alisandria. Being the demon death fiend "dogs" to the kennel master of Fallow. Awesome time creeping the crap out of them! and then getting the snot kicked out of me!

Main Mod:
    Helping with Caelvan's squad which had a good chunk of new players.
    Being taunted by Kevin's faerie as well as other little pesky piskies and such haha
    Got revenge on Cy's Nyad with June. After he pulled off the key from his neck, Keavy threw his body into a tree. (OOG: I wanted Cy to move so he wouldn't be trampled, but wouldn't so I made him! haha)

Sleep! But then interrupted by Corsair saying "Hey! Wanna have some fun!?"
    Keavy: What? What do you mean?
    RedCap by cabin: 70 damage! 70 damage! :D
    Keavy: UH NO THANKS.
    Corsair: Okay, suit yourself!

Even though that was all retcon'd haha.

Sunday:
    Meeting Jonathan, Conor's wild mage.
    Random interactions with Verril throughout the weekend were interesting.
    Random magical ritual mod.
    Helping poisoned wolves mod. Companioned them all of course, but didn't keep them this time haha
    and finally.....

Learning Druid!!!! (aka I GOT THE THING!)
    Also having food and chat with Baroness, Elawyn, and Darius.

Can't wait for next event!

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
    Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
    Servant and Protector of Arawyn
    Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
    Danielle Sanfilippo
    Last edit: 17 Sep 2013 16:07 by Keavy (Dani).
    • Dunn Ironwill
    • Do you require alchemy!?!
    • Thank Yous: 175
    17 Sep 2013 20:25 #45 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
    Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic September Highlights
    Oh Keavy that was you playing the demon hounds? My bad by the way for swinging when you trying to get away, didn't know you needed a hold. Did you happen to catch me face to face with one of the other demon hounds? I was the barb with the big shield and axe cussing out the hounds.

Professor Dunn Ironwill
    Cenobite of Agaura
    Occultist.
    Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
    18 Sep 2013 08:22 #46 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
    Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic September Highlights

Keavy Lylas Kennyreplith wrote: Following Firin to the stump of Wytchwood again with his satyr friend we named Snowflower. Keavy got to dig again! Fun times. :)

That's not "O'deer" is it?

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
    Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
    Vintner
    Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
    OOG: Jason M.
    Deputy Kitchen Marshal
    Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
    A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
    ~~~~~~~
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Keavy (Dani)
    • Elawyn
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • Thank Yous: 177
    20 Sep 2013 12:43 #47 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
    Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic September Highlights
    Trouble with Faeries: Depths of Compassion
    Or
    How Disney Comes to Knight Realms

September 2013

I am so sorry I have not had a chance to post this up sooner.

I'd like to thank everyone that came out to the event, helped with the event in some way, or otherwise just enjoyed themselves. I'm so glad you had a good time with the crazy faerie plot I've been working on since February or so. I tried to make the plot very open ended, and able to changed or adapted to whatever choices Travance decided to make. In the end, I think it all worked out. We did in fact bring Disney to Knight Realms, and somehow even got a happy ending (to many of our surprise!).

I have a few specific people I need to extend my gratitude to (the length will show you why it took me so long to post):

First and foremost, JJ (Kathleen Wayneright) was my right hand, my rock, my second, and my secret partner in crime for these last many months. After January, I knew I needed to go further with the faeries and the fight for the Mortalis, but didn't know exactly how yet. By chance, JJ had been musing on a Selkie storyline, and ended up sending it to me for my opinion. And so, the baby that was our story was born. Between the danger and politics of the courts on my side, and the romantic string that gave the weekend its "heart", its reason to get people to care, I felt (and hope you agree) that it became a full fledged story. Certainly we evolved it and changed it over the last 6 months or so, but JJ was there from start to finish. Then, when work and real life took over for me and I had no time to make props on top of the pages of lore and character summaries I usually provide to PC and NPCs alike, JJ was there to coordinate the props, costuming and anything else I so desperately needed help with, and even did most of the makeup for our weekend NPCs as well. Thank you JJ for being an awesome partner on this - I hope you know just how much it was appreciated and how awesome you truly are.

Kelly O. (Queen Hyporia of the Unseelie Court) was an indispensable member of the team as well. Kelly not only continuously inspires me with how excellently she plays this NPC, making her easy and fun to write for, but helps me out in so many ways that made the weekend go smoothly. Kelly not only went all out for her own costumes, but assisted with the costumes of everyone else, including working with JJ to make the selkie "skins" (or mantles). Further, Kelly was ready and available to help the entire weekend, wrote and ran an awesome puzzle-filled module, and marshalled main mod when we decided Hyporia would not be present due to PC actions. Kelly is amazing, and I could not ask for a better lead NPC and friend to help out.

My weekend NPCs, as a whole, were an amazing group of individuals that went above and beyond what is usually requested. Many came to my house the weekend before, where I fed them dinner as they let me read the entire plot summary to them, get their opinions, try out costumes, and work on motivations and answer their insightful character and lore questions. They also learned approximately 20 pages of event writeup, lore, and character motivations. To roll the credits:

Brian Hahn (Crown Prince Norivu'Cael) - the best Disney prince I could ask for. Brian was asking questions about his motivations up to layon, and went above and beyond anything I ever could have asked for. My only regret is that I actually didn't get to spend much time around him as that character, as I didn't want to crowd and trusted him to do what he needed to do without me.

Cyril B. (Arlyn Mariner) - who took the maniacal ravings I wrote as his manifesto and ran with it so far without toppling over, and then got beat up on main mod to boot. He lead the PCs on chases, tortured people, and gave insane speeches. I am so proud!

Nick B (Prince Norivu'Tevrin) - I didn't even have to get through my question posed to him before Nick agreed to NPC this main mod boss for me. He didn't even care he'd be a faerie prince to do it. Nick did a fabulous job with a small but oh so crucial role, and even was able to pass a quick quiz on his lore knowledge that I jokingly threw at him right before he entered game as the character. As his first real RP and Fighting intensive main NPC role, Nick handled it like a pro.

Kevin Downing (Lord Halcyon) - Kevin was hanging out at my house a few months back when I off the cuff asked if he'd be interested in adding to the Unseelie entourage as the first male Shae to come into game. He jumped at the chance to play the heavy RP and possibly heavy combat role (depending on PC action), and even bought some new costuming for the part. I was able to rely on Kevin before and during the event as someone I could bounce ideas off of and as a major NPC role, even though he's only been playing KR for a year or so. I've earned a ton of respect for him in the process and am super grateful for all the effort he put into a role that went from flavor text to possibly key future NPC.

Mike Smith (The Kappa) - Not only did Mike immediately sign on to help me run this low level encounter and even agree to be a turtle man with no hesitation, he helped me run through all of my stats logistics for the event, checking them for balance and consistency. I have always been able to rely on Mike to help and support me in anything I run, and I will continue to be so grateful to have his keen eye and trusted opinion.

Alex B. and Sam Dio (General Fraye and Captain Symele) - Since I started writing faeries last year, I knew I wanted to do a dark faun as one of the special flavor text NPCs, but I couldn't figure out who would be best to play what I had in mind. Dio pulled of the look and personality I was going for fantastically, and gave up her one night of freedom from the faire weekend to do so for me. Alex, of course, again volunteered to be one of my major fighters, adding his big personality into the mix Friday night and taking a lot of physical abuse early into the morning. Thank you both for the effort and time you put in for me.

Dave M (Ambassador Jo'Noran) - What can I say about Dave? While not sure if he could come until near the event, I always included Dave in the planning in hopes he could. I was so glad when he told me he'd be available for anything I needed, as I love how he took this role and ran with it. Thank you Dave for giving up time to NPC for me!

Sam R (Red Cap General who decided to call himself "Kevan"): Due to his crazy schedule, my fiance was not able to commit to NPCing anything major this past event. Nevertheless he jumped on board to play one more needed redcap in the entourage, and then, when OOG complications arose, selflessly and of his own volition volunteered to take over as lead Main Mod NPC, leading and instructing the NPCs in the battle to be sure everyone had a good time. I truly appreciated this last minute sacrifice, especially since Sam had specifically requested originally not to have to be a Main Mod boss npc this time around.

I'd further like to thank all the shift NPCs and Marshals that helped me out throughout the weekend, everyone that helped keep me from going completely crazy, and specifically Corey, Angel, and Josh, who volunteered to go around as Arlyn's torture squad during the day on Saturday. Corey pulled together such a fabulous costume for his Undine "frenemy" to Arlyn with only a week or two until the event, and while I didn't get to witness the performance personally (thanks to Vince for marshalling that!), I only heard great things about how he played the part and his interactions with PCs and NPCs. It was a complicated RP role that needed a delicate hand, and Corey pulled it off brilliantly.

Finally, thank you to the PCs that have become so invested in this storyline, pushing me to try harder to tax you, confuse you, and make you make hard and interesting decisions that effect that glorious imaginary world we all inhabit once a month. Particularly, James Jones and Ann, who took my IG instructions for a negotiation table and made it into an absolutely fabulous scene rivaling any I've seen at the game, Jen W. for always inspiring me to find fun new ways to frustrate and sadden and inspire her character and others, and to Justin T, who really jumped into this plot line and is such a joy to work with. I also want to say thank you to everyone who so quickly volunteered to donate to the event, making my stress all the less as the event loomed upon me.

I think I've rambled on long enough. I hope everyone had a fun time, and if I forgot anyone, I am so sorry. To all the new players that got involved, thank you too, and I promise more faeries in your future if you want them.

Thats all I got. See you all soon.

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
    Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
    Guardian of Belladeen

---
    OOG: Kristen M.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Erdrick (Erdrick), Sister Danae (Danae), Lathiel (Lathiel), Misaki (cbodnar), Kelly (Kelly), Onca (Lorelai), Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost), Aemorniel (Aemorniel), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa), Orion (Orion.), Goggs (coryan), Faila (Faila), Avalyn Ode (krazyaznxinluv)
    • Nadya
    • привет,как ты? Меня зовут Надя
    • Thank Yous: 19
    01 Oct 2013 00:54 - 01 Oct 2013 00:57 #48 by Nadya (LGwilson08)
    Replied by Nadya (LGwilson08) on topic September Highlights
    Gwynned it was me :) i helped. and had a blast. most fun main mod ive ever attended

"how did you end up here?"
    "I will give you one word 'Tequila'
    .... never again with the Tequila"
    'Nadya'

Herro - Shee Krank't from the Blood Eye clan
    OOG~Janice :)
    Last edit: 01 Oct 2013 00:57 by Nadya (LGwilson08).
    Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
    Time to create page: 0.716 seconds