Feb 2014 Event Highlights!

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
16 Feb 2014 23:00 - 16 Feb 2014 23:34 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
Feb 2014 Event Highlights! was created by Gallion (Gallion)
First and foremost, thank you to everyone who came out! There was over a foot of fresh snow, valentines day to compete with, another con going on, and a popular gaming con happening in less than a week… so for those of you who came out against all odds, thanks! ;)

This might have been one of my favorite events. A lot of players who are not normally thrust up the front lines (figuratively) where, and it was refreshing to see them in action! I interacted with a lot of people I have not had the pleasure of interacting much with in the past, and I was truly impressed by their level of RP!

For those of you who spent much time at the scholar table, thank you! All the plot info was in that book, and it was great watching you uncover it, and pour over the multitude of interesting plot points that were all being advanced. This plot feature is one I feel is really beneficial to the characters ability to become informed, and I will try hard to encourage its presence more and not only when I am running the weekends.

I had a GREAT time debating Visagalis with the whole town as Father Lazurus! Thank you to the players who volunteered to NPC some of the “Aspect Priests” with me! You all did a fabulous job! Thanks for all the in-depth interaction in this encounter; I really have a blast with it!

Garret, Damien, JR, and Steve thank you for your valuable assistance with plot!!

Castle Mod went over much better than I would have hoped. Thank you to all the NPCs and to Kirsten! I decided just a day or two prior to the event, to allow all of the NPCs in the mod to run organically and however they chose to react, and in doing so the amount of combat in the mod was rather low, but the amount of realism was so high I am still stunned having witnessed it. What’s far more awesome than fighting a “Treasonous Faux King” until he dies and coughs up loot, is RPing with him, finding out the realistic story of what led to that point, and then struggling through the difficult RP of figuring out how you feel about the situation and how you will get you and everyone around you through it. I was afraid the mod was going to be too complex, but somehow it ran itself… well it was probably thanks the strength of the NPCs and Marshals in each area. Having everyone break up into groups and quickly spreading out to deal with different issues helped remove the herd mentality. I was worried because it was not your typical large battle, instead was a camp wide encounter, but those worries were washed away when I witnessed so much stunning RP and heard so many awesome stories afterwards about what people did.

The Baroness did a GREAT job helping all of the characters get prepped and informed, so that there was little to no confusion on the mod. It is also always impressive to watch her command respect with soft-spoken words as well as sharper and louder ones.

Luis, Sam Owens, Brian H played their parts perfectly on Castle Mod, thank you!

Watching Chris McKenzie play King Stonewall, and Justin and David play his right hand men, was such a pleasure it was the absolute best highlight of my weekend! It was outstanding watching the mood of the RP gradually shift as they figured out very slowly what was going on. Once again, the level of realism in this encounter is exactly the kind of thing that I really want to see more of; In-depth character RP choices, and interesting political intrigue. Everyone I watched interact with the King and his men where awesome!

I played the Count for practically the entire event, to help nudge along the story in a subtle way. It gave me the opportunity to get to know more characters as that NPC.

Sunday I did a little bit of Jonas Kane, and had my typical fun wake up journey around town with Swyft!

This was an exceptional quality weekend of RP and Story, and I look forward to driving this deeper into the forefront in the near future! ;)

Thanks!

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Last edit: 16 Feb 2014 23:34 by Gallion (Gallion).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorn (Aradiel), Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507), Caelvan (Caelvan), Kirsten (Lotano), Swyft (agentswift), Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Faila (Faila), Not An Assassin (Salem), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
17 Feb 2014 01:08 - 17 Feb 2014 01:10 #2 by Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie)
Replied by Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie) on topic Feb 2014 Event Highlights!
This was probably my favorite event yet! I was expecting 3 feet of snow to put a harsh buzz kill on the weekend, but was happily proven wrong! The highlight of my weekend was by far the castle mod. Getting asked to play a main mod character with a name was flattering, but then getting to spend the mod RPing with the town was amazing!

David and Justin deserve a huge shout out here, they were both IG and OOG vital to having the throne room scene happen! 2 hours of intense debate and role play would have been incredibly difficult without either of them there, to say nothing of how the initially "traitor" charges would have gone down without trusted men by the king's side. Working with both of them was a huge pleasure, thanks for making the mod as much fun as it was, guys!

Having Dominic Strong and Bat Cooper be the initial PC's to come and try to convince the king to come quietly was more than just a little shocking! I was expecting the Baroness and a dozen heavy hitters to kick open the door and drag us off to the dungeon. The fact that we managed to find a solution without resorting to blows as very exciting, I can't wait to see what repercussions come from the actions in the castle!

Everybody who came in and interacted with us was amazingly into the RP, and that helped immensely to keeping us all in character. Over 2 hours of intense RP with an unfamiliar character was a challenge, but seeing the characters visibly struggling with what they found in the room was a great way to stay focused by dragging them in and hearing them articulate their problems.

A great weekend all around! Maybe the next one won't be as snowy!

OOG: Chris
IG: Benjamin Daimler
IG: Grobspit Snaggletooth G.D.S
Last edit: 17 Feb 2014 01:10 by Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faila (Faila)
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
17 Feb 2014 01:38 - 17 Feb 2014 07:40 #3 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic Feb 2014 Event Highlights!
This event taught me the value of big, open spaces and how much I miss them when snow half my height removes them. On the plus side, it taught me how to fight with a staff while toppled onto my back.

Friday: Got treed by wolves. I knew it would happen one of these days.
Enjoyed the spirited discussion at the Scholarly Table with Croi and Goggins. Always funny to hear how avidly Goggins denies magic.
The oozes were interesting, particularly the one at the Baroness’ statehouse. Much scrambling to avoid the aggressive garbage bag!

Saturday: Oh my gosh, did I enjoy the lowbie mod!!! The NPC’s you sent out for that were just fantastic. They really got everyone to have a good time, despite our severe limitations on traversable surface area. Limbs were just flying off into space. It was a constant struggle to keep everyone healed while flailing around in the snow and whacking at Underdark creatures. Got blown up a few times, can’t forget that. What is it with things exploding around Mr. Goggins?

My favorite part, personally, was having a magic fire staff on loan from our NPC quest fellow. Then I got to do 4 damage instead of 2! (And then 5 with helpful bardic buffs!) I had a BLAST with that, thank you. I even killed some of the evil things! Felt so tough! Raar!

But seriously, props to all the folks on that NPC shift. You were SO fun to fight. Everyone was exhausted by the end of it, but we’d all had such a good time!

Cooking Feast with Damien, Luis, Nate and Holly was a great experience! I still feel bad about getting chicken bits on Damien while privately challenging myself as to if I could actually make it into the garbage bin with my garbage...
Thank-you for dealing with me, lol.

I started to feel myself turning into an icicle during main mod, and I was at the house of the wild mage/sorcerer that folks were wound up about… The overseeing Marshal “magicked” me into the door of the building that everyone but the wild mages in our group were standing outside of so that I could warm up for a bit, which was awesome, thank-you.

However, the prospect of startling a wild mage was kind of awful, so I tossed my weapon down the second I went in and went on about how much of a threat I wasn’t.
I then proceeded to ruin everything by getting some boot lace caught on his chest after trying to sit on it, then standing there dying of embarrassment and apologizing profusely while Illana tried to me get untangled. And then I tripped over some more stuff before landing unceremoniously on the bed. Nothing like first impressions.

Also Drega’Mod…
That was one of the scariest experiences I’ve had yet in Knight Realms. And I have seen some s---
Once we figured out that it wasn’t actually Aleister who was sitting in front of us with a table of skulls and some undead guards, it went down. Now… I try to be a courageous cat with the battles and all, but when Steve started throwing 20 body strikes and slays around like confetti… yeah, I kinda' wanted to go cower somewhere.

Instead, I sort of focused on hiding behind the larger objects in the room and tossing out True Distant Heals in response to the bloodbath that ensued. Zathir tried to catch Nega-Aleister off guard from behind, but that only earned him a flurry of blades and crazy skills.

…So I started throwing a slew of True Distant Heals at Zathir. while he was getting wrecked. That was kind of really exciting for both of us, I think!
Can’t forget… Used True Distant Heal on those undead and it actually hurt them. Whoohoo!
It also made them mad, though.

And then, as if it wasn’t horrifying enough that we were stuck in the close quarters of the barn, Nega-Aleister could also vanish… Which I didn’t know until after I felt someone pushing me across the room, turned around, saw Steve, died a little on the inside and accepted that I was going to be murdered horribly.

Fortunately, it had just been an invisible hand…

Zathir’s Divine Restoration on a ritualistic skull set the ball in motion for our victory, which we eventually claimed after tons of shenanigans and tentacles, exploding poisons, exploding maggots and exploding buildings…

In conclusion: GREAT mod, loved it!

Sunday I was thrilled to go on a morning wake up adventure with Jonas Kane, who never ceases to bring laughter to me or anyone he harasses! It’s always the most fun when we run into a scuffle, which we did. Also, I do hope he is serious about his “better” dungeon party, since he missed the Count’s.

Thank-you, everyone for making a wonderful weekend full of wonderful memories! I got to know some folks a lot better and participated with some great RP'ers!

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
Last edit: 17 Feb 2014 07:40 by Swyft (agentswift).
The following user(s) said Thank You: JR (jlratti)
  • Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
17 Feb 2014 02:23 #4 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic Feb 2014 Event Highlights!
So I was gonna do this earlier, but KR lack of sleep syndrome kicked in and I passed out actually writing this the first time! In any case this weekend was amazing! so much great rp! Jack Dimms slowly but surely turning the view of the town around him! drama! suspense! Not getting killed! Kudos to all around! Now for the highlights.

Friday was drunk Jack Dimms. It was honestly Jack just being Jack, getting drunk, and giving everyone at the bar a laugh. The celt bar tender was amazing, so was Mother Remi. Actually a lot of props to Mother Remi. I can see her doting over Jack in later months as he goes through his transformation from murderous blithering idiot, to a respected man. Skelly face was also great as well as Borius. (Sp. OOG Shane you were just amazing all game.)

Saturday was really the meat of my event. Jack woke up and headed to the Inn, only to run down to Pend Arvin to find that his kin were trying to get the mages out of of their home as to put their fire god back to sleep. Jack would try his hardest to get a word in but he would be shunned away at first which made him get so angry he walked all the way back to the Inn only to return a few minutes later and allowed to speak. His idea was agreed upon actually and it warmed his heart that his kin would finally open up to him and let hm in after being shunned for so long. The rp between Burk and Jack was great and even Grimm would be a bit more accepting of Jack.

After that Amizar would tell Jack he made it into the Chronicler with a poem. the absolute joy Jack got from seeing his words on a page and showing people he was much more intelligent than they thought was a great moment for him. The only thing that added to this would be later on as Amizar was paying him, the Chronicler would need a topic to which after a small bit of thinking, Jack would softly speak out the word "Home". This idea was widely accepted and Jack even has a hand in next moon's puzzle. Jack just felt incredibly smart and useful this event which just made him feel so much better from the low point he started in at the beginning.

Next thing would have to be most certainly Jack's decision to become a Skald. After reading Grimm's article in the Chronicler Jack became inspired, he felt this was a task he could do and really sink his teeth into. It led to a lot of great rp discussions and later on in this would come full circle as Sunday during the tribal moot, Jack would be given the rune of Heritage by Shane's NPC.

Feast was great, I think before the feast was awesome though as a snowball fight began. Jack spent a great deal of time switching sides between Lord Aleister and Sir Cinder's side to pretty much everyone else, lobbing snow into both groups, making sure to get snow on everyone he saw. So after all of that cold fun it would be a warm moment when Jack would get to recite his poem at feast. It was a great applause and he felt so good that the people of Travance accepted his words. He even heard a "Here! Here!"

After that it was my npc shift which everything about this shift can be rounded into one word. Yes. First the group would be sent out for a Romeo and Juliet story. Two would be chosen to be the lovers and the rest of us were their family. We were all back wood hick farmers who would slander each other in the most vulgar ways possible. I think the best part of that was walking up to Baroness ans telling her those Fishers called her ugly, slighted her name, and Praised Xualla. After we were thrown out of the Inn by the Baroness, it was time for main mod. Since I play a combat character I decided to be a non combat guy during main mod. I went out about 12 to 14 times all with different personalities, each time getting the other PC's the giggle and chuckle at my actions. It was also great to be there for the ending of the mod as the King and the Baroness spoke.

Next is Sunday in which was the tribal moot. It was a great thing and even after all the things that came to attack us the moot had the moment that will now go on to change Jack the most. He was given the rune of Heritage to hold onto. People are starting to trust Jack and it truly warms his heart.

In any case, til March guys, I'm off. If I forgot anyone, lemme know, and I love you all. peace!!!

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faila (Faila), Not An Assassin (Salem), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
17 Feb 2014 15:27 #5 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic Feb 2014 Event Highlights!
Bonjour, Je m'appelle Sébastien, And I'm an alcoholic...
"Bonjour, Sébastien!"

Seriously, whether I was double fisting Boryev's mead or finding myself in combat with my sword in one hand and a bottle of something in the other (which was often), I was getting...semi-wasted over the course of this event. While Sébastien sure likes to drink, I like to stay hydrated.
A big shout out and thank-you to gwennid (please forgive the butchering of your name) who cured me of stage-four dysentery. Meaning all of the blood you saw in the snow...Yeah. I'll clean that later.
My Friday consisted of those two happenings mentioned above along with me walking around everywhere singing "Aïcha" to myself.
Let's also not forget Jack Dimms......'HIT' (hahahahaha) (shout out).

Saturday was an early wake with paperwork at ten. Highlights for that? Uhh...Well, I was a necro-student whom was dying on the inside from all the raunchy looks he and his NPC friend-os received from pretty much everybody. Getting thanked for the RP on that one and the demon mod I did for Steve Oros (shout out to him and to Tommy for that awesome last second healing he did. Way to go man!).
I dropped my pancakes. -insert sad face-
I went on yet another tower mod and somehow found myself dealing a lot of damage (I think about 20 a swing) to a demon-like thingy that dropped this awesome sword that our newish fur-wearing friend-o now has (shout-out to whoever you are).
I cut the demon open for an essence or something that got me a nice sum of en or (which I'll take twenty of that next time -wink wink-).
Main mod wasn't really my gig so I left and fell asleep.

Got knocked out by an old guy and had to pay 5 gold for it. You'd think skelly-face would, I don't know...See that coming?

And my personal favorite thing that happened, I lost my dagger. Please refer to my post in the Lost and found section.
I was trying to RP as a hunter setting animal traps and my dagger must have fallen out somewhere in the woods between the armory and Alisandria (left side).
Life will continue onward...But dang it all.

Thank you for all the fun, and the laughs, and combat, and Roman and Julie hillbillies, and to whoever turned May's PC into a human (double shout-out). Great event! I look forward to next time I stop by Travance. Enjoy your time off until the next event :)

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
17 Feb 2014 16:05 - 18 Feb 2014 17:50 #6 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Feb 2014 Event Highlights!
-Cloakers and Ilithids and Oozes, oh my.

-Barak and Arabeth! ^__^

-Didn't get to interact with the Scholar's Table much, but nudged newer people over to interact with it instead.

-Hanging out with Goggins and John in the Armory. Dragoon meeting happening eventually. Almost stepping out of line seeing Horus. Getting looks from younger dragoons as I complained about everything.

-Telling Aleister about all the crazy stuff he misses because he'd find it important. (Even if he's the one running the stuff. Characters should be informed~)
(Cheesecake Party)
-Talking with Philidan after hours about dragoons.

-Not sleeping >_>

-Dealing with some Pendarvin residents. Need to figure out how to put to sleep/slay a fire giant god now. It'll be fun :D

-Totally scared of a guy now.

-Helping an Angel of Valos. Learning something crazy. Demons clearly just ruin everything.

-More Father Lazarus :)

-Julie and Romon's (?) wedding. Keeping the Smith/Fishers distracted.

-Getting to hang out with Owen! He's a fun character (And Sindarion too, but I always can hang out with you :P)

-Cedric. It made Ilana worry even more for a person she knows and it made her realize just how much she hates certain things in the world. Maybe he'll forgive and send a letter some day. Thanks Brian for the RP and thank you for waiting after Steven and I both had to go to NPC duty to give us a chance.
^Picking out the *perfect* phys rep for a fancy book to show Cedric, the phys rep going missing and then finding him using it as a book he's reading in the stables later on.

-Couldn't fall asleep when I wanted to then I kept blacking out in the inn. (Orophin... you didn't transform yourself into Viktor, did you? That totally freaked me out to see you sitting next to me instead of Tim) Eventually ended up alone ._. Thank you for not murdering me/robbing me completely blind in my sleep world.

Sunday:
Jonas Kane and Swft's wake up

Hanging out in Kaladonia

Helping some crazy mushoom induced people

Learned a new trick!

The best sorcery! (You'll see)

I'm forgetting things at the moment, I know it.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 18 Feb 2014 17:50 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR), Swyft (agentswift)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
17 Feb 2014 16:22 - 17 Feb 2014 16:49 #7 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Feb 2014 Event Highlights!
Oh I had lots of fun this event! Even though Saturday I was out of commission due to hacking up my insides.

Friday:

-Helping Illana try to figure out what destroyed the freaking oozes/things. Essentially being given weapons to see if any affected it.

-All of that interrupted the first part of trying to teach a student about Chaos warriors. Then trying to teach her to not run away...which got one of her legs rotted...which led to the second lesson of teaching her to tactically run away.

-Killing werewolves/ wolves!

- Zelretch not telling her he was going to the armory during her fighting the carrion worms. Which led Ava to an hour long search for him. Let's just say she was so unhappy when she found him that when she came across those wolves...lots of anger was let out.

SATURDAY:

- Chaos warrior talk with said student and Keavy and Lord Hellock. Hopefully Rostavella understood we weren't mad at her just trying to impart onto her what happens when you choose that path. Luckily for her Hellock and Keavy were much more willing to give her a warning. Whereas Ava was very willing to just throw her into it.

-Trying to tell necromancers to keep it down if they want to live. She was all like "I don't care what you do but if you keep yelling at this someone will kill you" They claimed the law will protect them. Then who else but Karkat to assault one of them. Sure guys, don't listen to the crazy girl, see where that gets you all :P

-Father Lazurus. Talking Visigalis. Ava finds it funny how people who are usually all about accepting others are very quick to try and disprove this religion. She is continuing to monitor the situation as she finds it really interesting.

Unfortunately around then was when I started to feel kinda icky. Followed by lots of chest coughs and essentially when I had to call it kinda quits for the night. I heard lots of good things from everyone though about main mod and other things.

SUNDAY

-Chaos warriors who ate demon. Ava trying to convince them that they were already powerful. Only to be dust deviled around by the first group and then insulted then pacified. On the second group being offered to go meet said demon but again only to be assaulted and then starting the fight everyone wanted then being chaotically altered and attacking Nobles and whatnot. After being healed to still be altered then attacking people again, to be broken of the chaos then for people to rush over to her and give her a million mental defenses.

-Talks with Amizar who gave her a scroll of invisibility as a present. Then wondering what he had done and said he hopes he doesn't hear about a crazy killing spree from Ava.

- Croi's mini song about Ava that was mostly the words "Chaos" and something about jumping on to of Wormwood saying "Let's be best buddies" Even Ava had to chuckle.

Overall despite all the snow I had a really fun event :) Now that I have a job that's willing to give me the weekend of KR off I will hopefully be there more often :)

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
Last edit: 17 Feb 2014 16:49 by Narcis (ChrisR). Reason: My memory is really horrible
  • Kuo Kun
  • Thank Yous: 34
17 Feb 2014 19:48 - 17 Feb 2014 19:49 #8 by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun)
Replied by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun) on topic Feb 2014 Event Highlights!
Some stuff:

- NPCing Castle mod was fun.
- Market faire shenanigans
- Demons are still everywhere
- As was snow, which was surprisingly all right
- Lots of new faces
- Giving smith lessons

The facts were all out there to put it together: gave away the Draconic Focus, although I'm not sure if folks caught the rationale. Here's hoping.

It'll be a while before I can do another full weekend at KR. Here's hoping for free Saturdays.
Last edit: 17 Feb 2014 19:49 by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun).
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
17 Feb 2014 19:54 #9 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic Feb 2014 Event Highlights!
- Light mass was wonderful! I'm so glad I spoke.
-Getting to know several of the light clergy better.
-You made a priestess cry Dominic. How do you feel?
- Jonas Kane: "What is a dungeon party and why wasn't I invited?"
- Talking an NPC priestess through a crisis of faith with the help of the two most eloquent Valosians in game.
- Breakfast Sunday morning was very nice. Thank you to Sam and Crystal for covering my usual shift.

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
17 Feb 2014 20:16 #10 by Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet)
Replied by Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet) on topic Re:Feb 2014 Event Highlights!
I had an absolutely amazing event. I will admit some of that was not being pulled in 50 directions at once every hour but a lot of it was getting to rp with different folks. Kevin as Dominic was so passionate about why the king might just be doing his best to help that when I got intel backing that up, how could I not let him be the first to talk? Kevin, not sure after we got where we did why you think I'd call what you did treason? You got the baroness thinking rescue not attack. You're a goddamn hero, sir. Well done. Sitting back and watching folks I don't normally see taking the lead getting that opportunity was fantastic. And you all did shine. I loved every minute. Finally getting to rp with crystal and watching her be uncertain just what to do (as her character) when presented with determined but non-hostile people was amazing. I saw the conflicting thoughts flicker as they passed. And here you came into all this thinking you were just the chaperon. ;) being awake for the planning of main mod was pretty cool too. Its so much easier with some sleep under my belt. Finally, I'm putting money on Boryev paying Alistair. That's all I'm sayin.

Baroness Mixolydia Hartwoode of Travance
March Warden of Selendrias

Alas for those that never sing,
But die with all their music in them!
(oog-Jen W.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Damien (Damien), Croínamara (Jen), Faila (Faila)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
17 Feb 2014 20:40 - 17 Feb 2014 20:41 #11 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic Feb 2014 Event Highlights!
Oh my god this was so awesome! This is the first time Dominic had enough with all of letting the nobility and the heads take care of whats going on with the commoners and the threat of the towns usual beat them to death attitude that I literally had to force myself to stand up and be like "I am going to have these people keep the place they now call home!" I took every oppertunity I could to discourage the town from doing ANYTHING! To spark a war with them. I want to say thank you to the baronness for letting me speak first and the reason I thought I was going to get branded a traitor is in the end I was gritting my teeth to avoid saying "F the king!" Cause as soon as I saw Donovan and his friends at the table I knew I was going to negotiate and debate for them and not against them. I don't care what the town can offer they come before the king in my eyes. I even gave all the commodities and even bought more beforehand to help supply them with all they need. Moral of all of this is, Dominic will do anything for the people, and if nobility or royalty say or do anything against the people then they invoke my wrath.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
Last edit: 17 Feb 2014 20:41 by Chesta (Kevin).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Oren Tenderson (Tormy), Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie), Faila (Faila)
17 Feb 2014 21:45 #12 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Feb 2014 Event Highlights!
I was worried that showing up noon saturday would make me unable to get involved. Hoo boy was I wrong.

I adored the Valos angel mod.

I had tons of fun with the Visigalis Q&A and the fall out from that. Amazing tip of the hat to Brother John for keeping up with our questions about Life and Death under this religion.

Dealing with the Northwoman seeking revenge and her Grim Guardian army and getting to step in and talk to her was wonderful. I enjoyed that the conversation didn't end when she stopped the attack, but rather, went on with deeper discussions of why she should keep on living. It truly was some incredible RP.

"How are you taking the bounty so calmly Caldor"
"Because I have my clan"
You know I love you guys!

Light Mass was great as usual.

I'm so happy the Baroness let me run with the Dungeon party with Mother Remy and Mother Lenore. This was a FANTASTIC main mod for me. I got to travel around with a group of people, gather up random people with a mixture of combat, RP and luck. I really loved the concept of the map overlaying with the whole camp, rather than just being in one sub section

Having the baroness hand me leather restraints....

Sooo close to arch caster I can taste it.

AS always, I love getting and giving lessons.

The Barbarian Moot on Sunday was amazing. I'm so happy to have all the northmen gathering and discussing our lives, and the interests of the north. I hope more will join us next time we host one. Getting attacked by Ice Demons during one was hilarious.
Lores are called, "Ice Demons"... the whole group breaks out laughing.

The "mushroomed" Barbarian attack was also really cool. All great stuff.

I'm sure I am forgetting something... but great event all around.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josephine (mferro54), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
  • Faila
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
17 Feb 2014 21:47 - 17 Feb 2014 21:57 #13 by Faila (Faila)
Replied by Faila (Faila) on topic Feb 2014 Event Highlights!
Man, this is going to be a treatise - please humor me.

I am going to retrieve some ancient memories. It is hard to believe that it has been just over a year since Alex and I first showed up to discover what KR was all about. In January of 2013, we had dinner at Panera bread in Sparta and I remember that we were both nervous. Alex declined the chocolate chip cookie I bought (for those of you who know him you know that is a sign of severe anxiety) and I tried to be the chill mom, but I totally faked it at the time -- I really wondered what we were walking into. At 6 pm we showed up at Sac and we literally were no more than 3 feet into the Inn before we were greeted by folks who seemed to know we would be arriving - I think Paul S. and a few others, and James took the time out of what I now know is a very busy time pre lay-on time to show us to some bunks he had saved for us in the Inn. I remember walking around the camp before lay-on, helping fix the Kalendonia statehouse door and just being amazed by what we saw, the size of the camp and how beautiful it was. We spent the weekend NPC'ing and James J. was the Monster Marshall for our first shift, and he worked his a** off trying to keep us engaged (which isn't always easy with new players, especially when one is an 11 year old green headband). Renee and some others were in our room in the Inn that night, and I distinctly remember Alex waking me up about 3 am and saying, "Mommy, I think someone was just assassinated and the guy jumped out our window." (it was Rudolph IIRC). We left after feast (only because Alex was falling asleep over dinner) but were completely hooked. It was so cold, much colder than this weekend, and I thought the camp was absolutely beautiful and peaceful and that I would be happy to drive to Sac just to have an hour to walk down to the lake in the quiet of the snow and pines and enjoy the solitude.

Fast forward 13 months to this weekend.

Alex and I arrived early on Saturday and I had a good morning visiting with people in the Inn, learning some lessons, and catching up on the happenings in Travance. Love the scholar table! Back in November I spent a very large proportion of my "extra 40 build" on CP, and I promised myself that Faila would try to use them up each period, so I spent a lot of time smithing things. I like smithing -- it is kind of quietly sociable (Faila thanks Kun, Edmund, and John Smith) and I took advantage of Edmund's forge that was in the Inn and Failas's new personal forge and didn't even visit the Baronial Armory once this event.

I had a lot of fun on the new player mod - despite Faila having a number of limbs rotted and withered (puncture armor and shatter weapon are not a lot of good against worms and moldy oozing slimy things). Hurray for a few of Nosterion's incinerate scrolls - very helpful. I ended up very cold and wet after the new player "falling in the snow" mod, and was happy to hang out in the Inn and craft after that. It is cool that I can now send Alex out on Tower mod and skip it myself and know my 12 year old is safe and having fun (the stinker came back with socketed items ;) )!

As a mom, I like feeding people, so I enjoyed sharing brownies, veggies, and beverages, and having a chance to meet new and younger players, find out what they want out of KR, etc. . I hope you will all come back and join the KR game again soon! Faila was happy to meet Keavy and some others IG and it is very fun that she is now actually pretty useful as a smith. Matt, thanks for the awesome new hammer!

Helping in the kitchen is my retreat when I start to feel overwhelmed with RPing Faila, not to mention I always have a good time, so I was happy to serve feast and help with clean up. Note to new players -- if you haven't figured this out already, if you help in the kitchen in the early morning you will get coffee more quickly!

And then a super-fun time NPCing main mod. Playing Ma-Fisher was a kick in the pants. All I can say is, "catfish noodling." Apologies for Ma-Fisher's coughing fit in the Inn. I think because Jen W. is the only person I know from my OOG past, she is the one person who I just start to totally crack up when I see, especially if I am being silly. I was happy to learn that the IG light clergy didn't lie to Ma-Fisher about the where-abouts of her daughter :P

NPC'ing main-mod. I went in as a "ready to fight to the death" defender of King Donovan, but one who would follow commands and act rationally. Wanting to defend our new home but not being irrational about attacking others was so hard. - So many well intentioned heroes! Early on word came from my King that I should "act peaceably," which was incredibly difficult - I really wanted to fight - I was so angry! I kept looking for excuses to pull a sword and never really had one!. Walking around camp for 2 hours (minus a short OOG stop in Alisandria to get warm) on "patrol" was enlightening. I loved my yelling argument with Keavy , and the fact that I was able to talk many Travancian heroes out of taking me to the dungeon ("your Baroness told us we would not be harmed, would you violate her word?" "A party, really? and would I be able to leave if I wished?"). But my favorite was the entire "the King of Kormyre must be dead. We have had word that those who worship the dark Pantheon are now walking openly among honest folk. We know he would never allow that, so he must be dead!" That lead to some incredibly excellent RP and few PC's had a decent response to that!

Kudos to Chris M. - , when I finally ended up getting to see you as my IG liege I was ready to follow you to the death - you were compassionate, , charismatic, and commanding. I have to say that the entire "Dungeon Party" scenario (Travancian "Hotel California" hmmm. . . ) has only re-confirmed that the Heroes of Travance need to be very very careful as they risk appearing arrogant and full of hubris to other peoples!

Okay, I better stop gushing. But thanks to everyone who made this weekend so much fun! There is just no better way to spend a few days.

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
"May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
Last edit: 17 Feb 2014 21:57 by Faila (Faila).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Rudolf (Rudolf), Josephine (mferro54), JR (jlratti), Croínamara (Jen), Swyft (agentswift), Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie), Goggs (coryan), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
18 Feb 2014 04:26 - 18 Feb 2014 04:33 #14 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Feb 2014 Event Highlights!
For the past couple of events, I've had a problem with my nose that often made my face look scrunched, like I was about to punch someone or sneeze, or both. Thankfully, I seem to be recovering from whatever it is, which meant I was finally able to focus on the roleplay instead of my facial expression. During the event, I felt more in-character than I ever have before. This event was also the first time in which I had my own sword. When I brought it to Logistics, they gave me the response I thought they would, considering the sword was rather hard. They told me to be careful with it, which I was. I pull my swings anyway if only because I've been on the receiving end of some hard blows.

Nalick attended his first Light Mass since becoming an Andorran. After it was over, there was a brief moment of proselytizing, and it worked!

Jack Dimms reading a poem in front of everyone at Feast, then embracing Gaia at Light Mass, was a treat. I had faith in ya, Jack, and I still do.

There was a great lesson in instilling confidence by Grimkjell, who involved the Baroness.

Even though I'm not a scholar, I thoroughly enjoyed the Scholar's table. Just being there and seeing everyone make heads or tails of the information related to the plot, and chiming in when I could. I definitely love it from an IG as well as OOG perspective.

Main Mod! With regard to Nalick's faith as an Andorran, his profession as a Cavalier, and his morality, having the Baroness advise everyone that we were prohibited from killing anyone in the Castle, was wonderful. Restraint is one thing Travance sorely lacks and it was a refreshing sight to see.

Nalick's love life came into focus. Sitting in the Inn by myself, I wrote a paragraph before being approached by Gin Yuki and asked what I was working on. "Nothing!" I replied while quickly shutting my journal -- which was probably the least subtle thing I could have done. He snatched the journal and proceeded to find the letter, before asking me about the particular recipient.

The next day, I bumped into Mother Remi at the bar and asked if she knew where the would-be recipient was at that moment. She didn't, but wanted to know why I was asking. That's when I tripped hard over the word 'platonic' and let the Kiterian out of the bag. Mother Remi then asked if I had read her article in the Chronicle ("Challenges of Love") -- I did and loved it. What fortunate timing for her article to be published.

I did finally deliver the letter Sunday afternoon, which if you ask about it in-game, I will swear up and down that there was absolutely nothing romantic in it whatsoever.

Overall a great event, despite the cold and the snow. Here's hoping March is warm, in more ways than one.

Last edit: 18 Feb 2014 04:33 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faila (Faila), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
18 Feb 2014 11:20 #15 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Feb 2014 Event Highlights!
In all my time of attending KR, I have never done as much or had as much fun as I did this past game. I want to thank Chris, Kirsten, Tim, John, Alisia, Luis, Walter, Damien, Connor, Damian, Mars, Garrett, Ric, Cody, and everyone else (I'm probably forgetting a few :\ ) for making this event memorable.

Can't wait for march!

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Damien (Damien)
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
18 Feb 2014 14:18 - 06 Mar 2014 02:09 #16 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic Feb 2014 Event Highlights!
Things that we learned on JR's cave-collapsing mod:
  • 80% of clockwork explosive kegs are 100% effective at exploding Gogginses.
  • There is a 90% chance of correlation between the events "rumble rumble rumble" and "get all your limbs rotted off."
  • You snooze, you ooze.
Easily one of the most enjoyable mods in which I've ever had the pleasure of participating. Chaos, explosions, and loot raining from the ceiling (literally) coupled with some surprisingly resourceful subterranean nasties (who totally kicked our asses, by the way) made for a fun and exciting Saturday afternoon. It seemed like everyone involved left with a smile on their face, a gem in their pocket, and a disfigured stump where one of their limbs used to be.

Getting to have tea with Dragoons. I don't even care that our plan didn't work; it was just awesome to get you folks together and get you chatting about all that amazing Dragoon lore that's floating around. Big thanks to everyone who came along to help out in any capacity - expect more "Wild Sorcery" soon.

Chasing Swyft around outside the inn on Sunday morning as a recently exorcised demonic host. Well done for being a sport and managing to run away from all those Tsunamis I totally didn't have.

The mad mechanical marvels that fall out of James Jones' head. I really wish that more people than just Ben and I had been around to hear you describing your horrible death device - you're a creative genius, in a slightly worrying way.

Can we just take a moment and appreciate how amazing Main Mod was. Admittedly, it helped that Saturday night was utterly beautiful, but the whole concept of having different rooms with different scenarios was excellent - I think I described it to someone as being "like a two-hour RP theme park." Can't begin to fathom the amount of planning, thought, and organization that must have gone into putting the whole thing together, but please please please do something like it again soon. Please. Thankyou.

A brief chance to talk shop with Danny McKraegar and Edmund on Saturday night. Without writing too much, it was a fun little moment, and I'm grateful that you thought to call me over for it.

Justin's new Londwyn continues to be very awesome most if not all of the time. Seriously, this guy. This. Guy.

Chatting with Aleister at the scholar's table. I wish I'd been more awake at that point, but it was nonetheless oddly refreshing to be on the receiving end of a stream of incomprehensible pseudoscience for a change. Freakin' loved all the maps and diagrams you pulled out for the occasion!

Getting a rare chance to help out with a little piece of the weekend plot. I've heard it said that larps can only be properly enjoyed by fully involving oneself in the action; whether or not that's true, it was certainly very enjoyable to be involved in something a bit bigger (and with more background story) than my normal crafting regimen. Clockwork awesomeness for all!

Okay, that's got to be enough things for one post - there were loads more notably fun times over the weekend (like being invisible with Lois, and getting high with Gwynedd, and throwing Kevin into the snow in his PJs, and playing cricket with Josh's ooze) but basically, yes, it was a really great and awesome event. Hoorah!

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
Last edit: 06 Mar 2014 02:09 by Goggs (coryan).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), JR (jlratti), Swyft (agentswift), Faila (Faila)
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
18 Feb 2014 20:13 #17 by Clove (Mark)
Replied by Clove (Mark) on topic Feb 2014 Event Highlights!
Didn't get to do much with anything relating to plot or mods or npcs so I made my own fun!

Clove cook outs! Thanks everyone who showed up, even the npcs that wanted to jack my food and shelter (very entertaining)

Sleeping outside! Besides frozen boots in the moring and getting out of a warm sleeping bag it is very nice being in the peaceful woods at night.

Cook out #2! Got bored around noon saturday and grabbed up another group to cook over an open fire again, this time while it was still snowing.

Hassling Jack Dimms (thanks for being a champ oog and not taking anything personally, I swear im not that big a jerk oog, you are awesome!)

OOG-Mark B
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
21 Feb 2014 15:19 - 21 Feb 2014 15:21 #18 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic Feb 2014 Event Highlights!
This event was awesome despite the bitter cold and waist deep snow.

Friday:
Before lay on, managing to get Conor's car out of the snow was a hassle but thankfully Louis and others pitched in to help. Thanks so much.

Werewolves! Werewolves everywhere! Also had to crawl through waist deep snow to drag out Dominic's limbless body.

And of course, saving more normal wolves haha

LM shift shenanigans as always, plus a quick check run in the morning.

Saturday:
Receiving two bottles of ale from Faila that tasted sooooo good.

Chaos warrior talk with Ava, Hellock, and curious Rostavella. Keavy has strong views on being a chaos warrior, and she made sure that Rostavella knew. It was fun discussing the path, and also learning how similar Hellock and Keavy actually are. Also, having Keavy drink a whole bottle of ale during the discussion lead to more intense emotions as it continued. Lots of fun.

Trying to learn Instinct but being interrupted by grim guardians. Finally being able to wail on some NPCs felt good after having to leave early last event and not getting to swing once. Even more interesting having to trudge through deep snow to do so haha.

Then the instinct lesson. Ricochet arrow to the eye! Instant lesson ender haha

Then a commune with nature lesson- Finally! Keavy can hopefully start looking for some answers about herself!

Snowball fight!!!

Fixing the fire and roasting mushrooms with Sindarion and others, mmmm.

(My mind is blanking on some other things that I'm sure I'm forgetting..)
Getting my armor fixed by Faila :)

Feast!

Main Mod:
Before main mod, I had to wait for my boots and things to dry for about an hour in front of the fire in the statehouse x_x
Main mod was pretty sweet.
Its probably the first time I've been at MM where I didn't have to kill anything. I was with the group who went to talk to the Cavalier healer. (name escapes me) and although slightly nerve-wracking at first, it turned out that he was a great guy to talk and hang out with.

Also, Jen's old lady Tilly. Oh my god. I love you.

More mingling with the Cavalier later we get back to Travance. Early sleep time for me, after some Kaladonian chit chat before bed haha.
Sunday:
Lazy and relaxing chats in Kaladonia again.
Last minute Rend Limb Lesson! Hopefully to be revisited. I didn't get to hack off Sir Tellinghast's arm like I wanted to, so maybe I can practice on him next time haha

Can't wait for next event and for the next Heroic lists to come out!!

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
Last edit: 21 Feb 2014 15:21 by Keavy (Dani).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Narcis (ChrisR), Croínamara (Jen), Faila (Faila)
  • Jorik
  • Thank Yous: 45
21 Feb 2014 23:23 #19 by Jorik (rjvanscoten)
Replied by Jorik (rjvanscoten) on topic Feb 2014 Event Highlights!
What a great event. I was finally able to bring my younger brother who has been dying to come forever to experience KR. I was a little concerned at first about leaving to him NPCing the event while I played my character, so I had decided to NPC with him as well but he brought a friend last minute. Needless to say they were both sound asleep in the car on the ride home. They both had a blast and are looking forward to making characters.

Took the first NPC shift. It went by really fast. Got my first indication for the weekend how much it was gonna suck if we ventured off the plowed paths. the deep snow was exhausting. After shift it was to the inn to see who was still awake. Jorik wanted to find a smith to get some work done. After realizing how expensive mithril was, Jorik decided that was going to have to wait several moons. Then it was back to the armory for some sleep. Guard Duty Saturday morning. There was a fiasco where an imposter claiming to be a member of the Guard enlisted our help to arrest a man. Turns out that we helped a Slave trader recapture an escaped slave. We found the truth out too late. This was a great shame for Jorik, and was also salt in his wound due to slavers being a big part of his back story. After that, Jorik got enlisted to help clear out an old hermit's cave that had been overrun by creatures of the underdark. It was an intense fight. At one point, everyone in the party was on the ground due to having their limbs rot off. Luckily reinforcements arrived with some powder kegs to seal the cave.

In the early afternoon, Jorik got invited by father Lazarus to come to a meeting about Visagalis. Much of what Father Lazarus had said during the meeting struck a chord with Jorik. It will be interesting to see how Jorik's discovery of the Divine pans out. After that it was time to dry my clothes and take an afternoon nap. Missed tower mod which was disappointing. Hopefully in march it won't be so wet. Feast was delicious. Got to eat dinner with my fellow Northmen. There is something that is just great about eating without manners, but hey, we're barbarians!! Needless to say, great role play.

Main Mod was a bit unexpected. I was expecting at least a minor amount of resistance, but didn't meet any. My brother had been dying to fight me all weekend, but for some reason, we didn't get the chance. Finally he decided to walk around to different groups of Travancians challenging Jorik to one on one honor combat. Of course This led to some confusion by some of those in the group I was with, and they tried to talk him down, but I quickly explained the situation. We squared off, and on his first swing, I shattered his weapon. The look of seething anger on my brothers face was priceless and the whole ordeal got a decent amount of laughs.

Sunday morning was the tribal meeting for all the barbarians who were present this feast. It was a great time, and some business was discussed which should make things interesting in the next few months. Our meeting was interupted however by a pack of ICE demons, which sparked a great amount of laughter from the barbarians. Best part of the morning was when Grim went into his beserker rage. he raged for a bit before both his legs were broken, leaving him crawling on the ground and Growling at everyone as he tried to attack any and everyone. It was kinda hard not to break character and laugh. Needless to say it was another great event. Looking forward to march, and if things go as planned I should be bringing some new players again.

Jorik Wulfsbane
Man of the North
Private of the Baronial Guard
Vassal to Pendarvin
OOG: Jeremiah V.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
22 Feb 2014 12:20 #20 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Feb 2014 Event Highlights!
The weather was awesome - blinding snow, full moon from which one could read, and the sun of Austerlitz on Sunday!

Edwin hanging out at the Castle's Prison (which was in the Pendarvin Statehouse,

Kirsten did a first rate marshaling job. I made certain that all got something to eat and drink, IG, before being sent to the lockup. Came in handy later when questioned by the "king" and his court (Great job, guys, particularly Justin T.) when I was able to say "We gave them their choice of ale, wine or water, along with smoked meats, cheeses, breads, and cake. I hardly call that poor treatment."

Making headway with the Barbs - yes, you can hate magic but the man who is a mage can still be honorable.

Pendarvin/Barbarian mod - nice marshaling and plot by Matt D. Look forward to more

Taught so many things to so many people from so many lists.

Nice lesson from Pit Dawg.

The new dynamics in Pendarvin are coming together nicely.

Working with Dimms, explaining what is involved in being a skald. First Verrill, now him - why do I always get the projects?

The 6AM hop skip and jump to the outbuilding, when the snow came up to my knees.

Handing off problems to those better suited to dealing with them.

Great job by staff - good idea of James' to make the snow situation be part of the castle structure.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.725 seconds