September 2014 Event Hightlights!

• Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
07 Sep 2014 19:57 #1 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
September 2014 Event Hightlights! was created by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
So once again another weekend has come and gone. I for one couldn't be happier with how things worked out. This weekend was full of great adventures and meh weather.

Friday: I guess the first thing to go into was Caldor's Mass. It was lovely, absolutely amazing and I loved every second of it. (Yes even the part where I sat on my jewels....) It was a great service, and Moo was a great addition.

Next was the Bloody Stump. It was a pretty cool experience hanging out and jabber jawing until a certain someone got upity. Luckily Jack was there and didn't let that someone beat on a defenseless woman. (Even though the honor combat that ensued ended with an even harder shot to the nards than the one previously mentioned)

Saturday: This was a bittersweet day for me all in all. The heat was horrible, but the rain was even worse...

Jack went through a lot of emotional turmoil from what was going on in order to make Blood Tide. I don't think I've ever portrayed such rage and disgust ever in KR so it was a nice turn away from being silly.

Helping the Guildmistress out with a very rude Bedouin. He saw a lot of himself in the man and decided to step in before things got out of control. Also dealing with Jack Dimms JR. was great. He won't be taking trophies any time soon.

Main mod was okay for me. The rain made it suck a bit though, and the yelling and chanting I did ruined my voice.

After Main Mod, I got to go out as a band of pirates. Dread Pirate June was awesome and so was whoever stole our chest. Great use of slight of hand.

Talking to Lois Maxwell on the issue of intimacy... There have been many moments that I've come close to crying from laughter. This is one of them.

Sunday: This is where the meat of my event was. First we had a confessional with Caldor, our thoughts being put on display on this whole Blood Tide thing. It was a great little moment, even though I couldn't speak.

Finding out about a good friend being a Necromancer... Oh wow, just wow.... Jack felt really betrayed to a major degree, but in the end, moving past the anger, it seems things have a way of working out for themselves.

I have to say, Jack receiving Blood Tide was astounding, and to be honest when I stepped up I thought I was gonna get shut down and told no like most times. This was different though, very special, Jack was granted the "honor" of bearing this great evil weapon. Followed by long talk after long talk. It's funny that less than a year ago Jack was the most hated man in Travance. Now he is the keeper of this great evil.

This was awesome for me guys, I really needed a getaway from average life, KR is so great and I have to thank Rudy, Alicia, Mary Beth, Leslie, John, Dave, Ben, and Ertle for everything they did for me. I love all yalls. Peace!

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Casandra (Casandra), SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Goggs (coryan), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Wylla H. (Tifferzlives)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
07 Sep 2014 23:31 #2 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
Friday: I missed Caldor's mass as usual due to the requirements of my IG duties. Someday, brother. Someday. I love that it's our IG joke now.

Friday night was mostly a blur to me, honestly.

Saturday morning traitor hunt was a lot of fun. Saturday afternoon planning meetings with the nobles, finally getting briefed by goggins on Ragnarok, organizing things regarding that, and finding Tobias in town were my highlights.

Organizing the inverted tower was great, even if I didnt' go on it.

War planning with the war council was great.

Conscription for the Travance militia was also great fun, this is going to be a new and hopefully fun thing for the non-vassaled PCs, I hope they enjoy it.

Main mod in the rain was crazy interesting, and one of the no death victories we've had.

Roleplaying with Carlotta generally was amazing.

Goggins is my favorite annoyance! He takes forever to tell grim ANYTHING. They're a lot of fun.

Wonderful roleplay with Father Labell. Wonderful roleplay with bran about confession. Wonderful church of light stuff generally.

The jar between the evil acts the town must commit, grim and the other northmen's personal morality, and the strange alliance of the barbarians and the Londwyns was impressive.

I got a real chance to roleplay with Phillidin for the first time, and I was very happy with it. Tim's pretty awesome guys, Rp with him for realsies.

Carlos' readings are always a highlight. I approve of them so does Grim.

Gene ran a fantastic plot, and my two tense roleplay scenes with Billiam were also amazing. I adore the tension they always have with one another, as Billiam pushes, or Grim pushes, and Billiam -always- walks away triumphant. I love it, I really do. Billiam with minimal exposure to grim has completely captured the essence of both his strength and his flaws in one sentence.

Brief moments of roleplay with Ginginny were great.

I loved sunday NPC shift. Fire Giants then mercenaries, spent most of our time getting killed or being dead. Working with tim and Katie and Matt D was a really good time.

Talks with magnus, talks with Oren, talks with the rest of the guard, all great. We're a fun band of brothers.

Finding the body of the blue heart was wonderful, as was burying him with poor little Rowan, and having a painful encounter with the Castellan.

Feast was very good! Sitting with Gideon was a real pleasure, along with burk and Tobias.

Oh now I remember friday, I got a chance to off the malycite thingy twice, it was crazy fun to fight. Thanks for the fun NPC brawl, tim and gannon!

Roleplaying with Rudy was great.

Brief interactions with Kitt were fun.

So many new guards! I'm gonna have to start getting a new list of names on the board! I'm so proud of you all.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Casandra (Casandra), Oren Tenderson (Tormy), SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm), GinGinny GinRum (Pyai), Faila (Faila), Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms), Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast), Wylla H. (Tifferzlives)
07 Sep 2014 23:35 #3 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
OMG what an interesting time. From Sir Gideon coming to Lori with the Ritual to take notes on hearts and to make the box, was later VERY important on the heart sacrifices to Melody proving that she would step in front of Mom to confront a bear RL and the insane weather that thunder stormed around us at main and the tertiary mod for main.

After the Gideon thing the Dark Elf Branded had to be away from all the heart stealing stuff. Read branded and see why... Lol on the other hand it gave me time to work with Melody and keep her cool... Thank you for the pond. Thank you all for being her aunts and uncles who offered water love attention support and games. She is sacked out.

Melody speaking at the Gaian Mass... Giggles.

Oh I did get to make four drawings by description of some bad guys for the guard. Missed out on some of the merchants time but it was cool to do. Lol 4 drawn freebies I guess. It was cool to do. Lol!

Also I'm hoping my big drawing is in logistics... It slipped out of my pack going down to make those 4 drawings...

NPC main mod as the Agurran Priestess Mom... Awesome! Black hearted thing.... To Germinate! All my children! Crackle boom crash!

Make up at Logistics! Fun times.

And bears... I kept Mel away from game before because of bears but last night when the bear came by the tent my sleeping dog woke stood up in the tent and softly growled watching out the tent door. After about two minutes of this it was... I WILL lay down in this 6 inch space between Mom and the tent door because there was a bear nearby.

I love my dog... This kind of loyalty you can't NOT buy...bar none the most brave thing I've seen a dog do. She continuously amazes me and she loves all you guys.

In fact I heard how she calmed a new player who was unsure of doing this game. She acted without Mom being there. It gave me goosebumps to know she will do a calm therapy without Mom there. Shows how comfy she is with all of you.

Much love!

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Casandra (Casandra), Oren Tenderson (Tormy), rivanyasi (rivanyasi), Croínamara (Jen), Faila (Faila), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Wylla H. (Tifferzlives), Nick C (kingofwhateverr), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Azrael
  • Thank Yous: 21
07 Sep 2014 23:55 - 07 Sep 2014 23:58 #4 by Azrael (newtyperx79)
Replied by Azrael (newtyperx79) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
This was my first event as a PC.

Friday night: highlight of my night making my PC and then getting complimented on the wear by another female Bedouin who I did not see again during the weekend. The First new player mod was great being introduced to the land.

Then I when on NPC shift. This was great got to then turn around and attack my fellow new players as they were on another NPC mod. This was exciting and a good battle.

Saturday: I hung around the Inn and assisted with protecting a group, who I found out later where retrieving a heart, Azrael was more surprised then upset, but chose to stay just to protect the women in the party and others. I even stopped the Ogres for a minute by using avoidance to block the path with one, until he threw his mates to his war chief...that was surprising and unexpected.

Tower mod was exciting, loved the NPC resetting quickly and coming at us from all sides, they worked their butts off out there. Made for an incredible experience.

I also got to meet many new people and Tobias who I was able to write some notes for. This gave Azrael some interest in the areas of learning to help people as a possible physician.

The main mod seemed Epic from me. I ended up providing support to the line, pushing the defenders back with avoidance so the wholes could be refilled when someone went down. The catastrophic surges though I dreaded as I harmed line defenders in the area, thank go healers were there to pick us back up quickly

The rain thunder and lightening I think added to the effect of the entire days events and final battle of making the weapon. There was just something about it that made everything come together. Although after the battle being soaked was horrible.

Sunday: was relaxing I avoided any serious combat, was disappointed that I had to meet a noble, perhaps they wont remember what I am ? ha but Azrael does not want to make a bad impression, for now.

I was saddened by the lay off as Azrael and a new friend of his were about to make a lot of gold, but yet a life was saved and left Azraels with no extra weight.

This was a great event and I look forward to the next one.

Azrael

OOG: Luis Morales
Last edit: 07 Sep 2014 23:58 by Azrael (newtyperx79). Reason: Forgot to add one highlight
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Casandra (Casandra), Tyros (Tyros), Onca (Lorelai), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Simon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 125
08 Sep 2014 00:08 - 08 Sep 2014 21:12 #5 by Simon (BigZ)
Replied by Simon (BigZ) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
In no particular order:

Getting Ilana wings way too early on Saturday morning.

Preached the Church of Moderate Pesmerga on NPC shift.

Did not bubble at the moon.

Curt's alchemy setup in the Inne was awesome.

Had a lot of fun RPing with a lot of people I normally don't talk to often.

Even though it eventually became a safety risk, Main Mod had some great atmosphere with the rain and combat mix

Laying down the framework for Burger Trench

Jenn Fournier's mini Heroic Gambler mod and Ava blowing chaotic madness on Friendship.

OOG: Nick H.
-Officer
Last edit: 08 Sep 2014 21:12 by Simon (BigZ).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Casandra (Casandra), Tim P (OrganicGolem), Onca (Lorelai), Narcis (ChrisR), Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast), Wylla H. (Tifferzlives)
  • Wylla H.
  • Thank Yous: 48
08 Sep 2014 02:00 #6 by Wylla H. (Tifferzlives)
Replied by Wylla H. (Tifferzlives) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
First time PC, probably going to be lengthy, probably going to have tons of spelling mistakes on names and places. Apologies in advance!

Friday: Going out on new player mod was super fun. Helping Trent get to town safely was fun. Didn't feel like I did too much though as a newbie healer at first. Once back at the inn, got some coin for our troubles. Sat at the bar with my sister Tessa and had some drinks. Met Quan Liu as he tended bar. A fight breaks out behind me and Tessa pushes me out of the way. Ended up healing/meeting Auggie (I don't remember your full name so sorry!). He bought me a drink in thanks. As we went to leave, tipped Quan Liu a gem and a gold. Apparently that gem earned me a drink later in the night. Grouped up with a few people to go investigate some gargoyles. One almost killed me, but someone was kind enough to intercept it. Role play point? Awesome! Got to sit down a little later and had some of Quan Liu's brew with him. By the time I left the inn, I stumbled to camp with my sister to sleep it off. Stupid wolf spider in our tent with its glinty eyes. Thanks for the help with that Lori!

Saturday morning/afternoon: Got woken up to a fight outside in Kaladonia. By the time cloths were thrown on everything was said and done. Went to the inn for some drinks. Decided to walk down to see the lake. Met a very nice gypsy (We talked and ran into each other a lot of the weekend and i still forgot your name, i'm sorry) and a fellow named Byron (sp?). While we were looking at all the pretty seashells the gypsy fished out of the lake, got to meet Alune. It was very funny watching him fall out of a canoe. Decided to jump in the lake with everyone else. Auggie showed up again and a good time was had swimming and chatting. Biggest cannonball contest! Screams were heard coming from the mages guild. Props to all those that jumped out of the lake wearing only shorts or under wear and took off running up the till branding their weapons. By the time I got up there I found a fellow with a missing arm. WOOO! First time regenerating a limb :D After the limb was fully back and I inquired about any other injuries. We decided to go along with Auggie and some others on their patrol a bit. Found a couple people on the roof in Kaladonia with a goblin and two more goblins on the ground below. Goblins dispatched. Another limb regenerated.

NPC shift: Three competing merchants selling goods. Mine were best of course.
Got sent out as a greater undead to totem pole hill. Within a few minutes dead. Respawn. Few minutes in, I get my leg hacked off. That's cool. Then the other leg. Psh, whatever I can still army crawl. Then the left arm hacked off. Well. Shoulder/hip shimmy. Then I was made to fight my own kind. Shoulder/hip shimmy all over the place!
Third and final time sent out had to go track down Jed to learn about, ahem, things. Very imposing. We had the power all along!

Feast: Awesome as always. Wait, what was that I just felt? Meh.

Main mod: Was told I was fighting for Ostcliff. Cool beans. Tessa runs back to camp for a cloak. "Don't wake the ogre!" I say. "Wait, what?" says nearby person. "Don't worry about it, it's fine." I say. Met Ser Pluvius (sp?) Wait wait wait...front line healer? Me? Ser Pluvius took me aside and told me that he knew I was having doubts about myself and that I would be fine. Really gave my character the courage she needed for the upcoming battle. Rain, thunder, lighting...awful and awesome all at the same time. Really added that extra feel for the fight. Never got hit, never went down. Think I held up my portion of the line fairly well. Never got breached! Poor triage.

Saturday night: Woooo! Fresh from the fight, let's drink! Got to meet Goggins. Such a nice fellow. Even when accidentally insulting a gypsy haha. Couldn't sleep so I hung around the inn and witnessed those shadowing things i heard so much about. Goggins and a couple others let me join them so I safely got back to camp.

Sunday morning: Attacked by giant...rat...things the moment i left the tent. Ran like hell to Pendarvin for aide. Time for breakfast. Was delicious btw! Walked around again with Auggie, Tessa and Brax (sp?). Met up with Alune along the way. Impromptu first aide lesson. OMG WHY ARE YOU WILLINGLY LETTING HIM CHOP OFF YOUR ARM?!
Went out of game for a bit to pack up/clean and take some pictures.
Back in game, very ominous seeing all those vultures take wing overhead as Jack gets Blood Tide.

All in all it was a spectacular weekend. Sorry it's so long, everything was amazing since it was my first PC!

(OOG Tiffany Yoder)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Casandra (Casandra), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
08 Sep 2014 08:05 - 08 Sep 2014 16:55 #7 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
-Horuss' return. Having to be patient with Philidan. Thinking everything was a lie until a single sentence. Then realizing, as usual, the truth hurts a bit.

-Finding out Torin was returning, but his letter making Ilana nervous. Almost everyone she would think to stand at her side most likely not being around when it would happen. But, the numbers slowly trickled in while he was around. Relieved Ilana.

-The super forge. Suspicious dwarf is suspicious. But, imagining the forge was pretty cool. Good details Tim

-Not sleeping -.- But, had a ridiculous Drake adventure with Zelretch, Orion, and Viktor Solvei. It was a nice distraction. Chatting with Ava after my hour nap.

-Torin's portals certainly got everyone's attention. Ilana meeting her mother after 20+ years. Sylvan's don't change much at all, or Ilana would have never believed it. Getting to be pleasant for awhile introducing them to people and telling them about various adventures before dealing with business.

-I should note that Taylor was a lovely choice for Nadira.

-Ilana knowing she had to kill her dad and knowing he wouldn't agree. Opposite ends of the battlefield. Pretending this was ok most of the event with mild cracks of honesty here and there.

-I didn't help with retrieving hearts... I went to Mass, had a mini trip to the Inverted Tower, and can't remember much. Trying to figure out how to turn people into not undead and people apologizing to her about what she had to do. Ilana was way too distracted by thinking.

-The second meeting with Torin. Had really hoped Nadira would have come this time around so Ilana could grab her. We spoke our peace and let each other go.

-Philidan and Ilana having a great and terrible plan.

-Defending the creation of Bloodtide. Immediately running into Torin afterwards. Chasing him around the battlefield. Ilana making a final decision and repeating the conversation she had years ago with the same, but a very different man. Picking one family over the other and breaking a woman's heart. Galladel have mercy for that one. Then Nadira got away *with* Torin. Not pleased by that at all. Really wanted to save her.

-Palinthorn saying 'No' to a lot of terrible things.

-Ilana covering up most of her feelings with a slightly manic attitude.

-The retraining leaving Ilana with Frenzy after Bloodtide left her with anger. It was going pretty well and was a bit worried I was going to pick a random innocent because no fight happened until a certain pain appeared.

Ilana: I want to teach him a lesson
Bystander 1: Then go ahead
Ilana: Really?
Bystander 2: Yeah, go ahead Ilana!
Ilana: *starts walking over and unwrapping Bloodtide* Ok
Both: Wait, Ilana? That's the wrong weapon Ilana!

It was hilarious. I might have waited a bit longer if they didn't agree XD

-Ilana made her point though AND got a cookie for it afterwards! Being briefly chased around and almost talked down but Billliamm is truly the angriest of us all.

-Being talked at a lot by a man and almost getting angry until Ilana realized what was happening and told him to keep going. Lois fixing the rest of the problem.

-And, after a brief conversation Sunday, Ilana almost thinks she picked the wrong option.

I guess we'll see what happens.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 08 Sep 2014 16:55 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Casandra (Casandra), Tyros (Tyros), SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm), Narcis (ChrisR), Faila (Faila), Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
08 Sep 2014 08:50 #8 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
I truly thank you all for coming our to September knightrealms. I hope everyone had a blast. PLEASE FILL OUT EVENT RECAP FORMS. This tells us what you did or didn't like to help make a better gaming experience for everyone.

I have to thank the tremendous amount of time and work that Kirsten and Steve put into this event. Kirsten made you those lovely hearts you pulled out of the victims, she helped coordinate mods and run them for me to help lighten the load. Steve was intrinsic giving up the precious time he wanted to pc. Helping give life to horuss and erik. He helped with making the mods challenging using the rules and made my life easier when i was overwhelmed with real life.

I would like to thank also all the marshals who stepped up and understood my needs for mods and npcs.

I would like to also thank all the npcs who helped make the mods go smoothly and got soaked through main mod

Lastly I want to thank Nick, Kevin, Taylor, Sean, Matt C., Leslie and the others for there ability in helping bring my story alive with the face NPC roles they played.

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Casandra (Casandra), Tyros (Tyros), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Lathiel (Lathiel), Oren Tenderson (Tormy), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), rivanyasi (rivanyasi), Narcis (ChrisR), Kirsten (Lotano), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast), Nick C (kingofwhateverr)
  • Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
08 Sep 2014 08:57 #9 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
Two things I forgot to add.

Arguments and trying to get on Sister Danae's good side. Always fun to be on your half good side and bad side.

Geoff, your readings as Mr. Magellan are spooky... Keep doing what you're doing.

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sister Danae (Danae)
08 Sep 2014 09:40 - 08 Sep 2014 14:35 #10 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
well, another game has gone by. I think this was the "Let's mess with Donald's head" type game.

-the "Be Good!" Tetsubo. using it on greenskins. "DINNAE MAKE ME HAVE TO MODIFY YOUR BEHAVIOR!" There are some reasons that Celts should not be literate. :-P

-Conversations with Gideon on his sacrifice. Respect there, and a loyalty earned.

-the whole turmoil over Bloodtide was definitely a test of faith and loyalty for my PC. He's not terribly powerful, so he was more or less along for the ride. Lets just say that he has a perspective on it few would think of.

-Inverted Tower. powerful and smart undead+Celt Soul Warden+two rescues=one very confused and mixed up Celt.

-Conversation with Lucien before feast. More mental calisthenics.

-Feast was awesome. Enough said.

-Main Mod. Awesome, but I have to get out a rag, some WD-40 and some steel wool for my armor now. Worth it.

-Bloodtide going to Mister Dimms. and me volunteering to teach Shafted Mastery to Jack next game. Why do I have the feeling that between the necromancer fight and this, that I am going to be forced into some form of limelight as Donald?

-Drinking with Torque. Enough said.

-New Hobby: trading gems (when I have them) with the dragoons.

-Muddy situation with the guard. suggested a compromise. seemed to work.

that's all I have. Until next time: wear your seatbelt, don't run with scissors, and drink water.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
Last edit: 08 Sep 2014 14:35 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933). Reason: forgot about the "Be Good!" Tetsubo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
08 Sep 2014 11:01 #11 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
I originally entitled this game: Save Ava's immortal soul part 2, however it's now entitled " Malos: The Event"

In really no order:

-Friday night was just insanity. Ava already being pretty volatile and all the things not helping that at all.

-The whole healing thing with the shadow creature and all of that fighting near the Monastery. Ava has never felt so much fear from anything before, especially considering her current situation. The brutality of the creature upon those she now considers friends only made her want to reconsider because she fears of the danger she would put them in.

-Getting yelled at for running around too much by Lucien and Aldric.

-Getting filled with Hatred and just casually walking around others fighting to try and kill Templar Rayven....no one thought about it really...Ava's brand of hatred is quiet. Fear more if she doesn't express her hatred at you.

-Being felled while trying to kill Rayven only to wake up in a choke hold/knife point by Atrus....who told her to calm down....then being "escorted" outside where she ended up in a corner, all while taking damage with Atrus trying to calm her down....only to then be surrounded by what felt to be everyone...then having others trying to heal her and feeling intense pain and then more yelling and being blinked away. Only to be felled again by the creature, being healed by jack who then pleaded for her to follow him because she was in too much danger there. Getting to the stump to rehydrate and be given Aid. Jack's seeming sense of sadness when Ava just pleaded constantly to be brought back to the monastery because she was worried about what was going on up there. Only to run into Zelretch who informed here that people were looking for her.

-Shout out to Lucien, Aldric, Danae, Rayven and all the light church for excellent RP all weekend :)

-Some vulnerable conversations Friday and Saturday with Lucien. Some things Ava never really discussed with anyone before but was definitely a necessary uncomfortableness for her to progress.

-Illana talk saturday morning. Talks about feelings and emotions and trying to help her with her daymares. Being told she needed to imagine someone she trusts with her in her dreams to make her realize she's not really alone. Ava also admitting that the primary emotion she is used to feeling is loneliness

-Confession with Lucien, being told she is a good person still was very comforting for Ava especially since she's just started to really accept emotions again, being filled with many conflicting ones at the same time can be very confusing.

-Godrick stepping in before Ava tortured her first subject. While Ava was outwardly annoyed, she ultimately was grateful that she did not bring suffering to someone in the same way she had felt it.

-Getting ill every time she was around Atrus or Jed. Thanks for putting up with my dry heaving RP/ thanks for everyone who thought I was actually about to get sick XD

-Making it through Light mass relatively unscathed.

- Getting "roughed up" and trying to remain steadfast even though it was a positively shaking encounter where not only her life but the outcomes of those she cares for were threatened.

-Getting asked by random townspeople how she was doing. Unaware of how many people know what was going on Ava finding some peace that people actually cared about this process.

-Being disgusted with the collection of the hearts, but also being willing to bear the burden of pulling the heart out for the one the light clergy had to go get, however missing them leaving and Ava hoping that no one suffered much because of her not being there.

-Brief talk with Atrus before Main Mod, that left both her stomach empty and her mind a bit shaken as she felt like she could not physically resist listening to his words. However trying to remain steadfast as he told her she needed to get off the fence and become her true self again. Trying to persist through his arguments with the fact that light will illuminate her and his darkness.

-Praying before main mod to Malyc and Valos, having a weird OOG sensation on my shoulder when praying to Valos was too strange to not act on IG.

-Main mod fight. Was on the wall of wild mage explosions. Being a temporary blockade while fleshed to stone. Being returned to flesh because they needed her to insult people. GETTING CHARGED BY HORUS OMG. It went like in slow motion. Ava was watching the fight, then when Oro's met my eyes I was like "Oh SHIT" It did make a highlight of Ava's night though. Getting yelled at a few times to get back in the line was normal but also annoying to Ava because this fight was the first and only time this weekend she lifted her sword for combat.

-Praying at the Monastery right after the fight, asking for forgiveness for any lives she took before heading to the Inn.

-The fight leaving her exhausted but with a feeling. Finding Lucien to receive what Ava believes was a "good you didn't die" hug. Ava giving him a "I'm glad you're not dead" Hug and also having him bear witness to her Renouncing her faith in Malyc.

- Shoutout to Megan Coppock for being an awesome Malycite priestess. After Lucien trusted Ava with bringing her to Jail, Ava had to hold herself back so much to avoid killing or harming her. Having to argue that the light will always illuminate her mind and she wouldn't allow the priestess to put more darkness in her head was hard and while completing the task without harming her, the harm done to her by this talk was far more.

- Second light mass by Lucien. While appreciated, the previous malycite talk had wounded her enough to make her sick at the end. Then praying at the font while Zelretch and Clytie made silly little jokes about the gods near her.

-Several Clytie talks were fun and of a very different nature from what she used to talk about. Zelretch telling her to stop preaching Malyc, which even if it was in jest, did nothing but rattle Ava's resolve a bit. Making her think "Oh the priestess was right, I will always do Malyc's work"

-Overall a wonderful event, so much rp and development for Ava that is continuing and even when mostly resolved will always stay with her. I'm glad for everyone who has interacted with her and is/was/will be involved with her continuing development because it reminded me how much I love playing her and that her future is always changing, it reminded me of why I got a chaos star tattooed on my chest :)

-Hopefully I will be at the festival just to say hi to everyone :)

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Casandra (Casandra), Atrus (Atrus), Tim P (OrganicGolem), Simon (BigZ), Onca (Lorelai), Annora (Karen), GinGinny GinRum (Pyai), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast)
  • Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 379
08 Sep 2014 12:54 - 08 Sep 2014 12:58 #12 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Replied by Tim P (OrganicGolem) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
HERE GOES!
So I can remember one moment when I thought to myself "Okay, I can sit down and relax for a bit." only to realize after a few minutes I was super late to a meeting Aleister told me I needed to be on.
Friday:
  • Eyeing up the dwarf Gene was playing (whos name I probably got, but have already forgotten) and the "walking stick" he was carrying. Walking around a bit, wondering when Horuss was coming, asking it aloud only to have people point inside in the Inn.
  • Getting hit three times in the ear, thanks Steve. Him hitting me with further tag skills, and blanking on what I had on my card. Getting hit with Desperate Isolation and thinking... you know, it's probably for the best I take this. THE BROODING BEGINS!
  • Planning and waiting patently with Illana to begin righting the wrongs, only to be opposed by everyone.
  • Realizing before anyone (probably) what was supposed to happen, and telling everyone I was having no part of it and storming off.
  • People finally realizing how hopeless fighting the wraith is, and actually seeing it on a lot of faces. Having a few people start asking the right questions. Glad to see that finally advancing.
  • Moving right into the dwarf, getting a certain skill called on me by Orion and shooting back the quickest "yup" of my life. Also Cory stealing the npc weapons, that's one way to win a mod :P,
  • Glorious sleep in a cool(ish) room.
  • The entirety of Saturday morning/afternoon was more or less spent by myself trying to find / convince others of alternate methods. I think I finally caved at around 5 pm, and the brooding went into overgear.
  • Giving Jenn/Evee her sword (Eff yeah Etherium).
  • Having spent the entire event trying to find Dr Maxwell, I finally did at the last possible second, and then I shot light from my mouth. Perfectly normal sciencey stuff.
  • Walking outside to find everyone already there, running off to get a robe to use my skill, realizing I wouldn't have time, and having Magnus lend me his. BROODING LEVELS TO MAXIMUM.
  • The rain, the mood and the nerves at main mod. I didn't tell anyone, but my heart was pounding literally in my chest as I stood in the field waiting for Horuss.
  • Having destroy evil reflected to me... my eyes lighting up as I fell to the ground wondering if anyone saw / knew the significance.
  • We are the embodiment of House Alabaster.
  • My Sunday morning [strike]Monster Marshal[/strike] Logistics Marshal shift. I'm glad at least I could help a lot of people understand the rules for sockets/runes/binding.
  • Seeing Ava escorting the priest of Malyc to logistics, being oog sad, and realizing the impact it will have on Orophin's sanity (or lack thereof).

[hr]
-Tim P
Last edit: 08 Sep 2014 12:58 by Tim P (OrganicGolem).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Casandra (Casandra), Onca (Lorelai), Narcis (ChrisR), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast)
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
08 Sep 2014 13:06 #13 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
wow what an event, seriously all the emotions. In no particular order.

Aiden returning to Travance and actually being attentive and figuring some things out

All the chaos Friday of being guildmaster and learning what it is when 800 people need you at once, really difficult. I have a new respect for the nobles.

Low light missing Labelle I wanted to see him so badly.

Late night talks with oscliff and Morwenne about being in charge of the mages guild.

Being leader of the mages guild, having everyone stare at me and feeling like IM responsible for so many and really hoping I don't screw it up.

Going on a mod, morwenne wasn't there for due to a clerical area. Not only having to step up as a white sorcerer but having to take the sin of taking the life and heart of a white sorcerer.

Ensuing fight with morwenne upon returning making her feel worse only to find out on of taris closest friends was giving her life so we could get a heart.

Being desperate to save danny because he once did it for me.

All of the pesmerga cult. So amazing but so painful at one point I was sobbing begging aleister to let them die. They just brought on so many emotions, not only was tari pushed to her edge she just lost all perspective and realized how alone she is.

Getting in between danny and Billliamm and getting hit by billliamm and all the emotions from that.

Realizing just how afraid Tari is to come to next event

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Casandra (Casandra), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
08 Sep 2014 13:32 - 08 Sep 2014 13:33 #14 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!

Tim P wrote:

• Seeing Ava escorting the priest of Malyc to logistics, being oog sad, and realizing the impact it will have on Orophin's sanity (or lack thereof).

• I sense consequences coming.
    I was like "Oh god" when I got her to jail and saw you :P

OOG:Chris R.
    Storyteller / Marshal
    Last edit: 08 Sep 2014 13:33 by Narcis (ChrisR).
    08 Sep 2014 15:18 #15 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
    Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
    This is such a weird event for me, that these highlights may be a bit jumbled. I'm not hitting everything up, but just major stuff.

FLAT OUT my favorite part of this event had nothing to do with the plot. Caldor spent much time talking with all the Druidic Elders present (4 PCs and 1 NPC) about what it meant to be an elder, and how one becomes one. Each gave a very unique and well thought out perspective. Excellent RP from all of them.

Friday night midnight mass - I thought it wasn't going to happen, then suddenly everyone showed up. It was really great to give the mass, and to have so many people speak at it. Conviction was a topic I picked for this mass right after last month's event. I couldn't possibly imagine how relevant it was going to be for this plot. Highlight of the mass was of course using Animal Emptathy to allow Moon (Melody) to speak at the mass (with me translating).

After mass battles with with the thing in the monastery. Ended up trapped inside and having excellent theological discussions.

Had my visions for the heart quests, and thus began Caldor's objections to the weapon issues.

Saturday I went with the Lycanthrope hunting group, but still opposed the heart harvesting. It was there I discovered many people did not know what we were doing or why.

I spent a lot of time saturday tryying to come up with other plans to avoid the ritual. Objecting loudly and regularly to how evil the town was becoming.

Labelle!!! Love that guy. Glad to see him. Proposed a position of the church .. and it took.

After having narrowly avoided having to speak in the nobles meeting twice, I got sent in as the Church's representative. Vocally expressed my objections and gave a potentially guilt inducing benediction.

continued trying to find alternate options until the last minute. Made my objections and concerns known to the Count.

Caldor was getting VERY sick of hearing people say its the "only option" or that great evil is ok because other options "aren't quick enough". He lost a lot of respect for some people, but strangely, gaind some for people he would not have expected.

Went to the main mod battle to heal and protect. Had a GREAT time making my buff specialty really usefull. Our line was solid, and they kept trying to break it with Tsunami, Flesh to stone and other abilities that I was layering on our people. Even with rites of storing, a potion and a mana fruit, this took all my power. Fortunatley, just as I was really running out, the battle switched.

Going face to face with Horace while he was still our ally was seriously intence. I knew he could drop me in a second OOG, but Caldor was NOT taking being told not to heal people or to let people die. Steve really pushed out some strong RP from me in what could have been a pure battle scene, and I thank him for it.

Trying not to interfere with the ritual when Keavey was screaming was nearly impossible.

Immediately trying to heal Keavey, then bury her in a concecrated grave, then having her spirit with me for the battle was both tough and inspiring to Caldor. I think I used the battle cry KEAVY is with us and Do it for Keavy at least 3 times.

Having Keavey return to life as we walked back to the inn was amazing.

Post main mod events were odd. Spent a lot of time dealing with townsfolk who were furious that they did not really understand what had been done.

Caldor became very upset that it appeared that the weapon was still in town, despite the assurances that it would removed immediately.

Stayed up late night to deal with a necromancer/writ issue, only to find out IG that someone was a necromancer who I had known OOG for a while. I expected it would hit him in a certain way, but given the events of the month it came out entirely differently.

sleeping alone in a tent is kinda creepy. Waking up to 6 chipmunks eating your spackets is even more so.

Doing an "attonement" mass on Sunday was amazing. Great RP from everyone who asked for it and/or came. Rudy... what you asked for and what you agreed to was amazing. Mad props to you my good man.

Caldor was not thrilled to see wife and Brother having issues, but he was terrified when wife and Kleiden got into a screaming match. I half expected them to pull out bows and play a "Archer v. Archer" game for reals...

Oh, and on the purely silly note, I got to participate in (and loose) my first ever game of Professional Pattycake.

I'm sure there are tons of things I'm forgetting, good and bad, but this is whate came to mind.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
    Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
    Vintner
    Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
    OOG: Jason M.
    Deputy Kitchen Marshal
    Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
    A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
    ~~~~~~~
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Sister Danae (Danae), Casandra (Casandra), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer), Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast)
    • Morgan
    • Thank Yous: 20
    08 Sep 2014 15:30 - 08 Sep 2014 15:33 #16 by Morgan (faewinds)
    Replied by Morgan (faewinds) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
    Lets see if I can remember everything;
    • Morgan and Sanura being bored as hell in the stump because everyone was caught up with stuff up near the inn.
    • Morgan reaaaally wanted to leave by the time her shift ended, mostly because of tensions rising at the bar and, as there were less people, it affected everyone.
    • Getting back at the Stump a couple hours later in time to get caught in fighting a large group of undead. Happily, there was both a healer and a witch hunter there, so Morgan mostly got to stick to healing
    • Morgan and Ariya staying up all night having girl talk, ending on the stairs in the inn
    • Getting a backrub while people discussed what kind of desert I was was entertaining on so many levels.
    • [/li]
    • Going over to Jed's with Ariya and meeting up with Swift, and helping Swift clean up and light candles
    • Staying after Swift and Ariya left and taking a nap in Jed's rocking chair
    • Sitting in during a debate Swift and Jed were having and putting in her two cents till Swift hit a sore spot for Morgan.
    • Later, going out with Alisandria to get the heart of the Druidess
    • Going through the focus to talk find out Ginyuki(?) wasn't coming through the focus because he needed a break and then coming back to Verrill and Séamus to tell them such, also Morgan being a little done with Verrill not respecting the fact that there were some places where his opinion wasn't the one that mattered.
    • Wandering back to the Monastery with Séamus and getting to actually talk to Bran, as she'd only really got to meet him in passing
    • Watching Bran and Duncan fight while being annoyed at Séamus for setting his bound item down...on her lap.
    • Going to spend time in Ostcliff till the fighting began, getting asked to the Winterdark Ball on the way
    • Getting annoyed when she was assigned to triage as one of two healers, and having triage moved to right next to the forge that was filled with that much pain. Getting annoyed when all but about 2 or 3 of the people ment to protect the triage went running off to fight.
    • First ever torture! It was the best! From the oog reactions to Morgan coming into the clearing to the actual rp to the oog reactions after, it was totally awesome! Thanks Bill, Chuck, Dominic, and May!
    • Spending much of Sunday being tied to other people, which was fun.
    • ALL OF THE RANDOM BACKRUBS!

To all the people who were there for my OOG issues, thanks for being so supportive. Whether I cried on you, or you distracted me and took me to Quick Check, or made me feel better, or made me feel better when we found out what was actually happening, thank you. The fact that so many people were willing to come together and support me on this was wonderful to experience, as well as the way James immediately started looking into it. This is why I like it here. :-)

Overall, I had a good game. Thanks!

[img

Player: Mary Rose M.
    Main: Morgan Cooper, High Priestess Of Glomm, Find Gregory Ya Gahdang Self
    Alt: Fiona Hesperus, SAYTR NOT ANTHROPORMORPHIC PERSONIFICATION OF GOOD, Physician, Scholar
    Alt: Elizabeth Spencer, Stonefall
    Alt: Briar, Stonefall, Druid
    Last edit: 08 Sep 2014 15:33 by Morgan (faewinds).
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Casandra (Casandra), Tsoli (Tsoli), Swyft (agentswift), Tycho Montresor (Tycho Montresor), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
    • Goggs
    • Premium Member
    • Premium Member
    • Thank Yous: 226
    08 Sep 2014 17:09 #17 by Goggs (coryan)
    Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
    A big highlight this weekend was getting into conversations about how "this sword is evil but necessary" or "we have to go cut out some still-beating hearts but it's nbd" and then laughing and telling those present all about Ragnarok. You could literally see the moral gears grinding in people's heads. Awesome.

Heading to Honour's Peak on Friday night. Some really descriptive storytelling from Tim turned what could have been a cut-and-dry mod into a really interesting and imaginative experience. I had a really great time (even despite getting eaten by a fire tornado thing.)

Briefly talking to Norm as Arden on the way back from said mod. Although we have few reasons to ever have our characters interact, it's incredibly rewarding when they do - the thinly-veiled insults and condescension never fail to make me, as a player, smile (even though Goggins has rather different feelings about them!)

Getting to be a "volunteer" in Morgan's Waylay lesson. I don't think her teacher meant for her to end up giving me a back rub, but hey - it was delivered from behind, and between the shoulders, so don't mind me while I pass out on this table...

Finally getting answers to a four-month research project. Extremely rewarding!

Forging Bloodtide. Damn thing kept trying to kill us. A very intense scene - made all the more epic by the thunderstorm going outside, the huge battle happening around us, and the hornet's nest that was casually hanging out on the roof of the forge.

Being witness to Eevie being presented with her new sword by Magnus and Orophin. Happy faces all round!

Ending up on Tower Mod, getting mega-nerfed, and truly struggling to deal with having only 4 body and swinging for base damage. Why does this feel so familiar? ;)

JR's thing on Saturday afternoon. As always, it was extremely entertaining, and easily a weekend highlight.

Seamus DelDragon out of nowhere

Dat bit on Saturday night when Belegchand totally bled to death and then didn't die. I'm not a huge fan of the phrase "all the feels," but I did get to act out a range of fairly intense emotional responses at that point.

Waking up on Sunday and dealing with the fallout from Lois Maxwell's late night confessionals.

Goblin bowling with Sylus Crone. Strrrrrrrike!

Giving a certain gypsy a Shadow Manipulator, witnessing said device "not work properly," then having to deal with the entire caravan yelling at me and demanding a refund. 10/10 gypsy-ing, you guys were awesome.

A slightly unusual wake-up mod on Sunday with Teresa. Hail the rockman!

- A. C. Goggins
    Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
    "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Casandra (Casandra), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933), Morgan (faewinds), Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast)
    08 Sep 2014 17:17 - 08 Sep 2014 17:25 #18 by Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast)
    Replied by Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
    Lucien's reality:

-Nobility never attend Light Mass
    -Laws enacted to protect evil
    -Nobility order murder of innocents
    -Nobility order collusion with dark forces
    -Nobility desire the possession of an evil artifact

That is all.

Thanks to absolutely everyone I RPed with, from good, to bad, to naughty .

Friday night "Looking for Pluvious' healer friend"

Allisandria crew.

The war council

THe plan between Lady Cassandra and Lucien if the orcs refused to fight.

The awesome weather for Main mod (no sarcasm)

Sunday Mass and waterfront RP (hopefully a tradition)

Thanks people!

Seek the truth and walk in the light,
    Lucien Belfast
    Priest of Valos

Last edit: 08 Sep 2014 17:25 by Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast).
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Casandra (Casandra), Simon (BigZ), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Narcis (ChrisR), Uhtred (Erich Lutz), GinGinny GinRum (Pyai), Swyft (agentswift), Tycho Montresor (Tycho Montresor), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
    • Lois Heimdell
    • Administrator
    • Administrator
    • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
    • Thank Yous: 1026
    08 Sep 2014 17:35 #19 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
    Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
    This event all felt very surreal. Who knew a bunch of atheist Londwyns would have such strong opinions on Evil? There's a pile of people she now has a new respect for (none of which she told, because hey, stiff upper lip and all that, but it will play out eventually), and ones she previously had respect for which have lost esteem in her eyes.

"KICK ME HERE". Sorry Matt, but I've been wanting to do that to Belegchand for years ;-) Really, the whole time in the inn post main-mod made me glad of the RL bear that prevented me from going back to my tent. I hadn't had that kind of hangout/downtime in a long time.

Lois is pretty used to sitting down with Gideon and being interrupted by a million people who want Gideon to do something for them. Someone approached them on Sunday, and Lois instinctively leaned backwards to let Gideon answer. Turns out the person was looking for her. What a weird feeling!

Who knew being an accountant could be so exciting? Goose, apparently. ;-)

Late night talks about romance with Dimms and Grey, and the "hugging practice" with Goggins on Sunday that ensued from those talks.

Fixing Ilana's head.

WRENCH FIGHT!

While the Count was outside on Sunday morning and all the business with Bloodtide was being conducted, looking up and seeing the circling vultures. It seemed like nature really wanted us to have some awesome special effects this weekend.

Talks with Clytie, Genevieve, and Billliamm.

I probably forgot stuff. It will all come back to me after I hit "submit", I'm sure. Thanks to all the players, because y'all always seem to bring your A-game and make Knight Realms a great time :)

----

----
    ((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Casandra (Casandra), Goggs (coryan), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
    • Nicoletta
    • Administrator
    • Administrator
    • Thank Yous: 442
    08 Sep 2014 18:18 #20 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
    Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
    In no particular order:

- "Excuse me sir, do you have a moment to hear the good word of our Lord and saviour, Telligrim?"
    - Asserting my dominance.
    - Ritualistically sacrificing a heathen to the Prince of Darkness. Still wish I'd had more time (and fake blood and preparation) and it would have been much cooler for all parties involved... but the fact that I got to do it with permission makes it a definite win for me.
    - The night I stole the heart of a married woman...! Dani was great, and I couldn't say no to her when she asked if she could scream instead of me killing her right away, which apparently lead to a lot of people outside getting very very angry. Probably the first time since her enslavement that Terezi has ever regretted having to kill someone.
    - Lucien's offhand comment about the Gods being more powerful than the Dragons, and Arden and Terezi making eye contact before bursting out in laughter on either side of the Count (who was definitely stifling a grin.)
    - Screaming at Mirrormere over Bloodtide, who I am quite honestly shocked did not kill me right there.
    - Pushing Tyros and Magnus out of the way to tackle Horuss's body before it even hit the ground... then tearing off half his face and Indiana Jones-style eating his heart out. And of course the chorus of "what IS that thing?" etc. when I came back to the inn dripping wet covered in his blood. Also Gina threw a peach at me...

OOG: Zelda Turqman
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Casandra (Casandra), Croínamara (Jen)
    • Croínamara
    • Elite Member
    • Elite Member
    • Sock Marshal
    • Thank Yous: 467
    08 Sep 2014 19:15 #21 by Croínamara (Jen)
    Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
    STORYTIME WITH MATT CALO AND STEVE OROS.

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
    Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
    Chancellor of the Arts
    Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
    Jen F.
    Roleplay Marshal
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Casandra (Casandra), Aleister (Aleister)
    • Onca
    • Premium Member
    • Premium Member
    • Thank Yous: 202
    08 Sep 2014 20:30 #22 by Onca (Lorelai)
    Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
    What an insightful event - truly proof that people will often choose the simplest option even when there may be something better. Lorelai spent most of the weekend contemplating the actions of others and discovering how she is beginning to feel about Travance. It was rough, to say the least.

Thank you to Zelretch for hearing her out, forEVER, to Belegchand for continuing to make time to talk and not holding her weaknesses against her, to Duncan for backing her up in a fight, to Ava for giving her perspective, and to Oren for being an inspiration. I'll gladly tell each of you details of this praise if you want to message me, but seriously - thanks for the introspection. And thanks to Gene for being the cause of a portion of it ;p

I had a great time hunting down the Lycanthrope (thanks Sean for letting us beat on you and chase you down) and fighting trolls on the beach with Duncan (Hero's Last Stand is totally meant to be used when you see your friend/battlemate on the ground!), and holding off the undead in the back of the battle during Main Mod - by herself, for a brief time. You guys were excellent sports.

Thank you to the PCs at the Inverted Tower! We were working hard and thank you for giving us chances to breathe! I enjoyed meeting a bunch of new players, too, and testing the ground for some of you. I hope we gave you a challenge. (also thanks to Cooper for being EPIC and also letting me put gold glitter ALL over his face, because he is the prettiest pr---soul guardian)

BURGER TRENCH. - cannot wait.

Lastly, I had an amazing time on Chris Z's Saturday morning mod, thank you for chasing me down, carrying me around, tormenting me, screwing with my mind, beating me up, and challenging my faith. I hope you guys enjoyed - I certainly did.

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
    Huntress of Galladel
    Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
    Rachel Jump/Onca
    (New Player Marshal)
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Casandra (Casandra), Simon (BigZ), Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes), Narcis (ChrisR), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
    • Nick C
    • “Stones of Farspeech? You mean the Rocky Talkys?!”
    • Thank Yous: 16
    08 Sep 2014 20:47 - 09 Sep 2014 20:51 #23 by Nick C (kingofwhateverr)
    Replied by Nick C (kingofwhateverr) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
    I loved the entire weekend! This was my second event and I can't get over how much I want to go back.

PC: Stalking creatures and actually being able to kill them. I learned a few valuable life lessons that will help me greatly with my job in Travance. Tower mod was awesome. My friend worked his @ss off as an npc and seemed to enjoy disarming me with every swing (I now have a new hatred for skeletons). I went on the lycanthrope mod, which about 20 levels out of my league but being able to help and and the high-levels knowing I was a low-level and still inviting my to come was great.
    Killing things pretty much summarizes most of my weekend.

NPC: Going on the mod with Leslie as a priest and I as one of her abused children was awesome. That's the most make-up I've ever put on. Main mod was awesome. I don't think I'll ever be able to be scared of lightening after that. I also loved being one of the four Berserkers that were buff and told we didn't have to go all the way back for respawn. I also died with the two goblins, disagreement and agreement. They picked with weirdest phrases to say. Note to the person that played agreement and was on the mod with Leslie: I meant to give you a hug after you explained why you we're just hugging people. I lost my voice during main, which sucked so bad.

After that was over, I decided because main mod wasn't wet enough, why not do the 12am shift. I then went out as an invisible stalker. Which was fun, but the explanation of what people saw and didn't see was a bit of a pain. I also loved throwing a dead body at the door with strength +8 and waking everyone up to kill more people in Alisandrea. I'm not really sure who gave us NPCs the steak but I owe you a hug because that was literally the best steak I've ever had. The next NPC was a disgruntled corpse-man. We're the guys that clean up the bodies from the inn, and we went on strike. I'm not sure what the guys name is but he made it so hard to stay in character because he humor was deadly. We also had master hide in shadows as commoners which was funny. Good luck with the blood-covered inn next event.

Lastly, I went out as a barbarian chaos warrior and that was great. I got to help continue that plot with the awakening fire giant king by attacking pendarven. I'm sorry for waking you guys up at 3:30 just to try to kill you for the sake of the plot of a mod but the rp was still awesome.

I love everyone for making it such a great weekend.

“WATER IN THE FOUNTAIN IS TURNING THE FRIGGIN FROGS SACRELIGIOUS”

OoG: Nick C
    Last edit: 09 Sep 2014 20:51 by Nick C (kingofwhateverr).
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Casandra (Casandra), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
    08 Sep 2014 20:51 #24 by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
    Replied by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
    This was my second time at KR and I totally enjoyed it even more!

Some highlights from this go around:

-Finally pledging as a vassal of Alisandria. Everyone there is such a fun crew to roll with and Ketryn is pretty pumped about serving her new Lord and Lady.

-Early morning campfire-cooked bacon. yesssss.

-Expressing disgust about what the town was stooping to and then finally swallowing it and helping obtain the black heart when duty called.

-Main Mod was INTENSE. NPCing as a goblin berserker and screaming my heart out as my soaked hair ran into my facepaint and lightening filled the sky behind me. I felt pretty intimidating. It was awesome. Being resed by goblin healers and then taunting the pitiful humans and elves before dying again and again was super fun.

-NPCing as an assassin and then getting into a 15+ min hide-in-shadows standoff with other rogues while everyone waited to see who would make the first move. It was hilarious. I loved every minute of it.

Huntress Ketryn Shiverthorn
    Private of the Baronial Guard

OOG- Kat B.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Casandra (Casandra), Tycho Montresor (Tycho Montresor)
    • Aleister
    • Administrator
    • Administrator
    • Thank Yous: 1504
    08 Sep 2014 21:02 #25 by Aleister (Aleister)
    Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
    STORYTIME WITH JEN AND MATT CALO.

Also, Horuss. Holy crap I loved playing Horuss.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
    Assistant Director
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Casandra (Casandra), Belegchand (mcalo), Narcis (ChrisR), Keavy (Dani), Croínamara (Jen), Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
    • Faila
    • Premium Member
    • Premium Member
    • Thank Yous: 173
    08 Sep 2014 21:28 - 08 Sep 2014 21:31 #26 by Faila (Faila)
    Replied by Faila (Faila) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
    My 3 hours at game on Friday night may be a short-timer record. It is never fun to leave early, but it was a massive bummer to leave this month - I really wanted to see what was going to happen.

Fun stuff in a few hours:

• Just getting to catch up with friends before lay-on and especially giving Leslie a hug knowing I would go nowhere near her drow IG.
    • Meeting some fantastic new (and kind of new) players, hearing about their PCs, and their enthusiasm.
    • Telling a group of new players during check in about John's awesomeness when he introduced himself (while made up as Atrus) to my daughter during WITL, and then having this voice from behind the group of new players say . . . "are you talking about me?"
    • Faila having nearly the same reaction when yelling to a group of people that Belechand had been dropped on the Inn and reporting on his injuries, only to have someone yell back, "yeah, he is standing right here telling us about it" or something to that effect. Duh - guess I need glasses.
    • Working with Edmund to craft the all-important chest, and having the dawning realization as Faila worked and overheard snippets of conversation about just what was going to go in said chest.
    • Having that realization confirmed and the RP after. So many thoughts that could not be acted upon.
    • Ilana's new head and excitement about the possibilities. Reconsidering the possibilities and plans due to a gift.
    • Said gift -- super cool OOG - thank you Geoff!. IG a much more complicated reaction (damn Gideon).
    • A very quick glance into the new space under the barn - really amazing looking!

Hope for the chance to catch up some more during the festival this weekend. Kudos to Gene and all of the marshals and staff for a job well done.

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
    Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
    "May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
    Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
    Last edit: 08 Sep 2014 21:31 by Faila (Faila).
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Casandra (Casandra), Atrus (Atrus), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
    08 Sep 2014 23:31 #27 by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost)
    Replied by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
    My character's first death from sacrificing himself to find the next red heart and the reactions of the people who saw or found out just after it happened. Romeo, Tori, Jason, Ben, Nate and Mom you guys were awesome and it was a very interesting experience thanks so much for making it as great as it was!

Also Maverick mod was AWESOME! Just ask JR and Bill!

Baht A'tal Damien Mograinne
    Champion of Galmachis

OOG Josh LaBar
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Casandra (Casandra), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
    • Nalick
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
    • Thank Yous: 1440
    08 Sep 2014 23:43 - 08 Sep 2014 23:47 #28 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
    Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
    Friday:

Food and discussion at the Mage's Guild. Cracking awful jokes with Lidius.

Gaian Mass. I always enjoy Caldor's sermons. This time, we had a four-legged friend in attendance. Caldor and Moon's conversation was hilarious and enlightening. I appreciated Jack Dimms' contribution as well, although he contributed more than he intended to.

Having a drink at the Blackbird, despite having to duck. A nice chat with Gin Ginny and Rosette.

Nalick the bartender. I volunteered for the late-night shift down at the Bloody Stump and it was my first time tending bar in any of the bars in Travance. At first it was going well, and then a third of the town came in for a visit. One burger for her, two drinks for him, he's still waiting on his drink, it's too dark to see what coin this is. Thalia, despite you not being there, I have so much more respect for you!

Jonas Kane even stopped in for a drink, except he ordered off the menu. He ordered something I hadn't heard of before, a "William Montgomery," so I whipped up something and nervously handed it to him. He liked it. Success!

Back to feeling overwhelmed. Special thanks to Squire DeMontfort III for manning the grill.

This moment with Ser Cypher:
    "Nalick, how do you make a lemondrop?"
    "You let go of it."

Saturday
    I head down to the Monastery for confession with Angeliana. I won't get into the specifics here, but no bloodshed was involved. While I'm in no rush to go back, I love that there is an outlet for getting something off your chest.

I hurry to the Inn. Not only did I get there in time for lunch, but I got there in time to receive a lunch that someone paid for in advance!
    Lunch with Genevieve. Sigh... This was me putting my foot in my mouth, followed by a hamburger, and then my foot again. Of course, it didn't help that Gilthu came over to bestow an "Inviolate Form" on me with a wink.

Eevie receiving her new weapon. I bumped into Captain Magnus at just the right minute to be able to witness the surprise. Then I hung out. Talking a bit, blushing a lot, having some fruit.

Jack. Dimms. Dane, I love ya, brother. Awesome performance and I'm so very proud of you.

More wandering until it was time for the Mage's Guild meeting. The meeting came to an end and all of us, save Ginny, venture through a portal. The only reason I went, was because I wanted to try to stop them from taking the heart. But, before I knew it, there was a knife against an elderly man's chest and I turned away. Travance...

Main mod! This is one of my favorites ever. The lightning across the sky, the flashes making it look like daylight, and the thunder, the shield-pounding. It was amazing imagery.

Chatting with Eevie in the Inn, which is always fun and I'm going to start carrying a dictionary in my pouch for such occasions. Slowly but surely, the table filled up with her friends. A poem I wrote was read aloud, to my IG and OOG chagrin. Philadin gave me step-by-step instructions, of which I apparently skipped a few, and if I perform the next step, I may be trapped in another plane of existence.

One of my NPC roles was an on-the-fly thing thought up a couple minutes before we were sent out, by a fellow NPC. He asked what happened to all of the dead bodies in the Inn. That turned into Logistics sending us out as employees of Jonas Kane. We cleaned up the Inn and got into some heated arguments. Travance will be reaping the consequences next moon.

Sunday

There's an Ostcliff meeting around 11. Everyone slowly trickles in. We hear footsteps outside and someone asks who's coming. I go over to the door, which doesn't go all the way to the roof, and look over it. "Ahh, it's Dr. Maxwell and Rane." I get some laughs. And people still think I'm a hobbit.

Late afternoon, I asked Tari to teach me the skill "Protect Item." Morwenne walks over and agrees to act as a distraction. She's racing around the table, talking at a million-miles-per-hour and cracking me up. Eventually the lesson concludes and I chat with Tari for a bit. My interactions with her are always fun and I look forward to more.

The scene could not have been better when the Count handed over Bloodtide to Jack. Vultures started circling overhead. I don't remember who originally pointed them out, but it was perfect timing.

See you all at the next Feast, maybe sooner!

Last edit: 08 Sep 2014 23:47 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Casandra (Casandra), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Angeliana (Angeliana), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms), Wylla H. (Tifferzlives)
    • rivanyasi
    • Premium Member
    • Premium Member
    • Opportunity lets you find, Skill lets you procure.
    • Thank Yous: 42
    09 Sep 2014 00:03 #29 by rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
    Replied by rivanyasi (rivanyasi) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
    Friday:
    Flamenado in Honor's Peak! Don't touch the sides, though!
    Silversmithing lessons and running on instinct. Lupta's hidden instincts to do what he's forgotten are showing through to more and more people.

Saturday:
    The struggle to bring Gin-Yuki back was insane. His dragging me around nearly caused a panic, as more and more people decided to mess around in the spirit realm to figure out why we weren't trying to be more immediate with it. Also, finding out why the Red Heart was going to come from where it did, and needing to keep quiet about it... Ack.
    Selendrian Ambassador: Zach showing up and informing us about the thing was made especially interesting when I thought about my sisters and really really really needing to get them involved.
    Black Heart mod. When I was one of only two or three people not aware of what to expect, I was concerned... but the reality of the situation was oh so much worse. Needing to dissect an abusive mother while her children are desperately trying to rescue her... ugh. At least I was able to give her a decent burial, even if I did get called a hippie for doing it :P

NPC:
    Probably the most restful shift I've been on. A moment of panic when the guard misconstrued "That is not my key!" and almost lost that character his life, but we got it done.

Sunday:
    Getting to pal around and do magic! I really don't use spackets very much, though. That's what I really need to practice. Also, to my teaching student... I hope whaling on you like that wasn't too painful.for you... but I do also hope that the lesson really made an impact!

Na'ar Chacov, Soul of the Stars.

Ayiri Amexis, Sorceress' Apprentice.
    Lupta Tamasa, Torn and Blackened.

OOG: Riva A.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Casandra (Casandra), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
    • Swyft
    • Premium Member
    • Premium Member
    • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
    • Thank Yous: 339
    09 Sep 2014 00:24 #30 by Swyft (agentswift)
    Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
    Oooh, boy...

The game started off with a bang for both Angeliana and me, after we received our “messages” from Atrus. Traveling to find him where he had to do his penance to Glomm was a trying task for two empathic healers. The closer we got, the worse it was and when we did finally reach him, it was staggering. Aaaand we found him nailed to a freaking tree.

Much screaming.

Serious props to John for having the cajones to do this. Wowie. I'm thankful it was as dark as it was or we probably would have been even more horrified, lol. Props to Alice too, for keeping it together when he got in her face. I didn't do quite as well when it was my turn... Holy crap, was that scary! He can describe horrible things much too well and it's much worse when it's up close and personal!

Angeliana's presence gave me courage, though, and we both managed to pull through, after much discussion and a lot of arguing and grumbling about gods and the like. Eventually we convinced him to come back with us.

Madness in the monastery! Everyone pressing all of the charges! CHAOS! That was the theme of Friday night.

Dispelling crazy rumors that Atrus killed Angeliana and Angeliana killed Atrus, what the hell, guys! lol

Early morning theological debates with Jed, Morgan and Aria... and certainly not having the popular opinion. The shenanigans between Jed and Morgan with the candles were priceless. And I just loved Aria's sass!

Getting brave enough around Jed to yell at him for nailing Atrus to a tree.

Finding Jonas on Friday night, what a delightful surprise! Telling him I renamed Travance to Crazy Town and that he was elected Mayor. He seemed very pleased by this!

Running into Kit like five times each day and deciding we would form Team Kitkat! We are fast friends, now!

Enjoying time with Trent, Lukas and our neighbors over in Drega'Mire where we were all tenting.

Gypsy Kris! Awesome to hang with everyone, many laughs, such comfortable folks to be around! I hear more gypsy parties are in store and I can't wait!

Trying hard to diffuse a fight with the gnolls and their halfling thief captive whom they wanted to eat at our campfire. Reason and logic didn't work, unfortunately, and they had to be dispatched when they attacked.

I missed some of the implications that lead to main mod, and apparently ignorance is bliss. Found out later and felt pretty bad I participated in the fight at all, though being in the skirmish group was fun as hell!

HAMMER TIME. Oh... the LAUGHS! (Sorry Pluvious, but it was just so darn funny!)

Trying to keep both Jed and myself underneath Oren's shield when the cold rain started coming down and having to do all the work because Jed declared himself a pretty princess.

Butt Horns... (Don't ask.)

The fight in the rain was pretty awesome. It was a little daunting being out in the field with only four other people and dodging Big Bads while making sure my group stayed up. Thanks to latent defenses I never dropped, but I did get shield bashed, which made Edwin panic, and throw me into the triage area and yell at me to stay there.

“Edwin, I was assigned to that group, I need to keep them alive!”
    “I saw you fighting!”
    “I was blocking!”

lol.

Hangout time with Kit and Jed in the cozy shack while we waited out the rain was fun times.
    Because of the weather we were sure that nothing was going to be out. So we continued our conversations and then I saw Jed's eyes go wide as he went silent and Kit turned slowly in her chair saying “uhhhh...” so I turned around and there right behind us was some green elemental looking thing (Brad) that had seemed to have silently materialized out of nowhere.

I screamed. Couldn't help it. I could NOT process his being there, as we didn't hear him at all, no one saw him come in and all this after Jed had just told us how much things were not getting in. But there was a ward on the door they didn't see so they had to go back out. We DIED laughing. OOG Judge said he thought for sure that it was a real ghost, because it seemed so impossible for him to be there like that. That was ROUGH, Brad! You got us all good! Lol!

Lots of great rp on Sunday. Loved talking Ronin with Silverbow. The story for his choice of the path was so sad and intense. I love that Ronin is not just a standard code but a personal one. Really can't wait to have another discussion about that, especially after what happened with Blood Tithe...

Parry Lessons with Edwin! Loved it, and also thank-you Charlie, as always, for looking out for Swyft so much! Sorry I made you nervous at main mod. <3

Lucien's mass... well delivered, meaningful and potent for the current situation. Swyft is garnering so much respect for this character. He was so fiercely devoted during the spiritual crises on Friday night; that was some phenomenal rp! Thank-you for the meaningful lesson, too!

Great event, with great people and probably the most laughs I've had at Knight Realms in one weekend, yet! Made new friends, getting some serious character development and learning so much about others folks. So enjoyable, thank-you everyone!

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
    -Knight of Corvancia
    - Carnifex of Aguara
    - Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Casandra (Casandra), Atrus (Atrus), Angeliana (Angeliana), Morgan (faewinds), Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast), Wylla H. (Tifferzlives), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
    Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
    Time to create page: 0.833 seconds