September 2014 Event Hightlights!

• JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
09 Sep 2014 12:07 - 09 Sep 2014 20:52 #31 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
September event….
Quite a few things this go and all I can say is…. Holy crap.
Madness of plot and the willingness of people to *not* look for another option. And some of those people are PC’s Duncan respected. Or used to at least. Its gonna make interesting rp should it come up between in game.

Pre-game, showing a peculiar physrep to Cory and the others in the Armory and their reactions…. Priceless.

Friday:
Walking with the new travancians and assisting as needed… and apparently scaring the crap out of friends when I disappeared in the dark without a sound then reappeared again without a sound.
Some wicked fights this night… for sure. Little did I know how much harsher was to come.
Monastery madness- both times I went in there this night, I got dropped. Once from an intercepted retribution and once because I managed to be physically in the way. :P
A long delayed chat with Lorelai interrupted and waylaid by another PC. Damn it…
Bed by 4am…..

Saturday:
Up at 7 and moving… straight into morning insanities concerning all the Blood Tithe shenanigans. And resolving if given the opportunity, I would try to find another way or encourage looking for that other way… Failed at this one, I did…. Not for lack of trying... the stone wall of "This is only Way" answer caused me to lose respect for a supposedly wise and honorable man. This will have repercussions, I am sure.

More patrols.. and Abyssal Spear mini-mod. Pulling a daytime disappear and reappear to the surprise of some. Interesting RP for this one, some fascinating developments and when it went sour, it got really wild. Tracking the Big Bad who portal-ed away; the prisoner popping the poison tooth and the resurrecting of her in Alisandria made for fun stuff.
The Prisoner’s escape and subsequent recapture & carry back to the questioning area was great physical RP. Way to nearly make me drop you, Rachel…

Fighting at the beach later on in the day. What started out as small group of ogres attacking folks down there…. Became a fight for our lives as the count of[strike] Ogres[/strike] Trolls grew to over 15. Lorelai and I alone account for 12 of them and the cavalry that came running got the rest. Epic epic fight…

Feast!
Of the 11 main meals I have eaten in the last year, this one is tied with the Kitchen Fire delayed meal fighting with it for top dog. That awesome.

Main Mod!!

Several things-
*Leslie- Sorry for tossing you under bus but when Gene said what he needed for that priestess, you fit the bill to a T.
*Fighting in the rain/thunder…. Watching the scene as Safety Marshal, I was impressed at how folks were managing combat in the crappy conditions. Low injury count for this despite conditions was waaay impressive.
*When the super close lightning strike happened, I was happy to know Gene and I were on the same page…
*And yes…. I needed a medic. Found the rut on the sloped section of the road between Armor Field and the Crossroad to the modsite the hard way. One bloody knee and hand later…. :P

Post Mod!
The Great Bear Avoidance
The attempt to (event classified by Higher Authority)
A Goblin, some Ogres and a key ohmy…. And the funny arrest made because of it.
Then the opening of what the key fit. Yeah that.
Bed by 4 am again…

Sunday Funday…

Up early again (7 am is a thing) and there needs to be a sign on the shower house as to male or female inside so no one gets embarrassed or an eyeful they shouldn’t. Something to ponder, at least.

Breakfast then learning Master Florentine from Bran. Many one liners and at least one near painful weapon exchange later…. Cringe-worthy to be sure.

Not an hour later, “Master Warrior 3: the Butt-whuppin’”. Gave as good as I could and I think surprised my teacher with some of the things I did.

And Yes Illana… this old man does move that fast.

END of Game and the great packing began.

All in all, a good event. A Disturbing event IC and amusing OOC, to be sure… Next month should be just as fun!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
Last edit: 09 Sep 2014 20:52 by JTinney (Swordsaint). Reason: some formatting issues
The following user(s) said Thank You: Onca (Lorelai)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
09 Sep 2014 14:07 - 09 Sep 2014 14:08 #32 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
I will list my other highlights later, but after John made a safety point during me during opening ceremonies <<*And yes…. I needed a medic. Found the rut >>

That he did it while standing almost next to me was the icing on the cake. Since I like John, I only rubbed it in three times. He wasn't certain at first whether it was blood or mud, so I helpfully shined a lantern on it. :lol: "Yep, its blood. Got any AAA ointment?"

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Last edit: 09 Sep 2014 14:08 by geezer (geezer).
  • Terzak
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Tell me, thief, do you know anything about MAGIC?
  • Thank Yous: 154
09 Sep 2014 14:25 #33 by Terzak (TheArchMage)
Replied by Terzak (TheArchMage) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
(We interrupt this absolutely excited program with this message. I know there's no legitemate reason for me to explain, but I want to. Anyway, for last times highlights there were 3 things I need to say. 1: I was using an I-Pad and my fingers just don't feel satisfied on one of those. 2: Tired, just tired. 3: School was just about to start for me. With that in mind, let us proceed.)

This event was just beautiful.

Saturday

Across the day, explaining to the new Magi Iron Sides what Travancian etiquette is like was interesting.

Going off to kill a sorcerer and take his heart (and seeing a strange phoenix) then running straight to Tower Mod to see someone else with a heart. I was confused nonetheless and very, very agitated

Feast was amazing and it will supposedly be cooked in my home from this moment forward.

Main Mod was Main Mod, but the weather just heightened the tension. I really want to see an in-game explanation of the lightning, because at first I thought it was Pyrotechnics.

THE CUULLLT!
There was a lot more interesting stuff going on, but my memory has dimmed.
Sunday
NPC Shift

Now the shift was wonderful. First was the group of Giant Rats, with Animal Empathy and Food in hand. To the person who I was standing on, I may not of mentioned that my OOG size was the size of that rat...sorry. Then I got to spread disease.

Goblin Colony in Drega'Mire! (Apparently this has happened before?) The skinning of a Waylaid man, along with the trimming of his hair is not how it works in the tgmnuitj0otk-q9uodybqwgh Tribe.

Then in comparison, going to Alisandra, sending out a Boom Boom Goblin only to get it sent right back, then dying and of course the Shrek clothes found upon my corpse.

Undead was great, seeing as the skull upon my head was so lifelike. I loved how the jaw was broken on the mask and coincedentally thats where my gems were hidden.

Overall, just wonderful.

By my hand,
Professor Terzak Winstonshire

OOG: Will Harrington
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion)
  • Nadya
  • привет,как ты? Меня зовут Надя
  • Thank Yous: 19
09 Sep 2014 14:55 - 10 Sep 2014 15:43 #34 by Nadya (LGwilson08)
Replied by Nadya (LGwilson08) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
jack dimms is the best ball sitter around
gypsy tent shenanigans with sir dr sir maxwell :)
kris..... hmmmmff
npc-ing in the bar under the barn was actually a pretty cool role
i was a scare mortal wheeee dehydration
we ate a feast of mcdonalds twas glorious as well as convertible airflow of the gods
derping about the inn until main mod was over
the greatest gypsy heist in the history of gypsy heists
back to gypsy tent, complete with wine women song and cookies
goblins being goblins trying to come into gypsy tent lols
ostcliff land meeting

almost forgot..............SMOKE.
..................ARE YOU SMOKING YET?

awesome event! i got so little sleep it made me sick but so worth it!

"how did you end up here?"
"I will give you one word 'Tequila'
.... never again with the Tequila"
'Nadya'

Herro - Shee Krank't from the Blood Eye clan
OOG~Janice :)
Last edit: 10 Sep 2014 15:43 by Nadya (LGwilson08).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
09 Sep 2014 15:46 #35 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
Friday:
-Malakai Misadventures with:
--Tari
--Arden
--Rowen
-- And all the new players!
Saturday:
-Addition of two more Dire wolves in my pack
-"It wouldn't be fun for me-erm...Fair..for me to kill you when you can't even defend yourself."
---It was the first time meeting and speaking to Terezi ever. Love as first sight.
-Talking to Caldor, Grim, Anhil, and various others about the decision to have Keavy's heart taken.
-Meeting Rudy's brothers, and other shenanigans
-Kaladonia meeting, as well as a visit by the Selendrian ambassador.
-After feast, preparing for the deed, A heavy air following Anhil and I.
-Getting Keavy's heart taken out by Terezi. She stole my heart away <3
-Being a spirit before and during the battle, floating around to various people. According to Caldor, Keavy's spirit ball has ears as well.
-Watching everyone beat up Steve. :P
-EPIC SCARY LIGHTENING!
-Walking back into existence and enjoying the rain.
-PICKING MY INSANITIES! I love being a Dreadnaught!
-Being in the in when Terezi walks in, and RPing my new Major Insanity of her :P
Sunday:
-Bloodtide and Ilana nonsense
-Communing with Nature. Getting an answer that made Keavy feel better about what she did.
-Teaching lessons!

Also, ALL THE HEADBANDS.

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nicoletta (fyperia)
  • 森時間
  • Thank Yous: 26
09 Sep 2014 15:57 - 09 Sep 2014 16:00 #36 by 森時間 (Socretez)
Replied by 森時間 (Socretez) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
Hey! First time PC'ing this weekend and I had a lot of fun despite being in the Amazon Rain Forest. I've written a small narrative of what happened. If it's too much I can take it down or abbreviate it. If you want something taken out or rewritten, send me a message.

After arriving in Travance, Jikan found himself touring the lands, getting familiar with the new area he was sent to. Shortly, the group of new adventurers was met by a strange pack led by a Dragoon by the name of Horus. Squire Uidhir warned the new dragoons about Horus and his evil intentions. Soon after all the dragoons gathered around the Dragon Cairn to meet with Horus and his plan to reforge the Blood Tide, the only weapon known to be theorized to defeat Balfurous. Telling the Dragoons gathered around what needed to be done the Dragoons set off to taint any soul they had left by carrying out the dark deeds of murdering and ripping the hearts of an exemplar of the draconic colors. Much to the blatant outcry of a majority of Travance, including most of the dragoons, the deed was carried out by nightfall of the next day. Jikan felt sorrow, pure sorrow for the lost souls sacrificed in the name of the supposed greater good. Unable to prevent the evil deeds, Jikan sat contemplating with a group of likeminded barbarians on how to cease these actions.

Jikan had met with many dragoons of which he never met before, the most prominent and memorable where that of Draconic Champions Arden Uidhir and Horus, Burkhart Jarlson, and Quan Lui. Making great friends with Burkhart, Jikan learned much about the dragoons and their originations.

After being recruited to assault the inverted tower to relinquish the necromancer of his power and free the souls of his damned, we found ourselves with direct instructions to not harm the undead so their souls could be freed under punishment by the guard. As the fighting started, Jikan found himself protecting the less combat capable and taking fallen brethren to the small amount of healers that were available. As the fighting became prolonged and exhausting, Jikan stood on the front lines halting the advance of lines of undead protecting those behind him. Deftly parrying blows from several undead, sometimes many at once, Jikan was successful in the protection of many of his allies and the undead they so tried to save, or some of his allies at the very least. Many of his allies did not share the same fervor to protect the souls trapped in the bodies as some of his allies were blatantly trying to destroy them.

After which Jikan found himself heralded by the Lieutenant of the Guard Grimkjell Eirson to be conscripted as he had currently no ties to any of the lands he had just entered. Jikan and his assortment of newly conscripted allies made the long trek to the soon-to-be battlefield where the evil blade, Blood Tide, was to be reforged and its new owner found. Our tasks, to protect the evil blades reforge and ensure that the forces of Horus (and an itinerant group of greenskins?) did not prevent the reforge. Meeting up with the Captain in charge of the defense, of which Jikan cannot remember the name of, we learned our strategy of defense and were familiarized with the procedures to be done that night.

Unfortunately do to certain circumstances Jikan was unable to fight gloriously and bring honor to his family that night for he had to leave (OOG).

森時間 おとなしい の保護者
Mori Jikan, Protector of the Meek
OOG: Brian Dennis
Last edit: 09 Sep 2014 16:00 by 森時間 (Socretez).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion)
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
09 Sep 2014 16:05 #37 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
~ Atrus's penance. The crucifixion, the make up, the RP, all of it. Well done John and Renee for going above and beyond. Thanks for marshaling Mark.
~ Glomm vs. Andorra, a test of her faith. Angeliana was determined to persevere. Empathy, consequences, reactions.
~ Healing an emotionally overwhelmed Ava and blowing up at Aldric, apologizing later when alone at the bar.
~ Accusations, repercussions.
~ Goggings asking for Angeliana's help. Jumping into a portal, drunk, chasing after "Pretty girl", watching Goggings steal NPC weapons was priceless. Making sure Karkat and Terezi were safe. Also accidentally offending Nate's Sylph.

~ Morgan Labelle, Celestine Tellinghast. Chats in the Monastery, all of the RP here.
~ An Angel talking to Angeliana, the emotional RP was stellar. You know who you are. Thank you.
~ Labelle whipping clergy's butt into shape.
~ Being restrained and held back from healing Atrus until true distant healing him because Labelle attacked him after he expelled him from the monastery.
~ Labelle setting divine fire onto certain letters then reinforcing the concept of family and support.
~ Jed, Atrus, shack shenanigans. NPCs... I was sad you were NPCs and not PCs haha oh well.
~ Light mass. Good turn out and some important words spoken. Aldric's mead is delicious. Thanks for sharing!
~ Lucien talking to Ava and getting emotional, holding his hand for part of the conversation, being unable to find words to apologize.
~ Caldor, Aella and Oren's passionate support in refusing to participate in Travance's plans. Angeliana did not go on any heart gathering mod. Tried finding alternate ways tirelessly and kept suggesting them and getting turned down. Walking up to several nobles in loud protest including the Count at no avail.
~ Aella vs. Kleiden. Holy shit both of you, that was intense.
~ Terezi and Atrus's back up plan for the black heart. Most clergy Angeliana sought in panic being ok with said plan if not excited about it. Being disgusted and frightened by the reactions.
~ RP with Belechand before main mod as Angeliana prayed and cried. Matt, we hadn't interacted much before, this was superb, you blew me away. Definitely one of my top highlights. Faith vs. Purpose a very emotional discussion.
~ Confessions, especially Atrus's. Wow. I am speechless. Important perspective gained.

Had to leave early. Thank you all very much for the OOG understanding, kindness, support and care you showed me during a very stressful and terrifying time for me. I truly appreciate it and apologize if I was a burden in any way. Proves to me the community at this game is great and I have some really wonderful friends here.

Until next time, take care KR family.

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 73
10 Sep 2014 12:20 #38 by Tyros (Tyros)
Replied by Tyros (Tyros) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
Great Event! Thanks Gene and all those who helped run this weekend.

Friday:
Having Tyros return to town and have no clue what's going on. Within 10 minutes of seeing people in the Inn, Horus walks in with an undead Dani and I can't find anyone around to explain to me what happened. Stalling by offering Horus a drink and telling him to sit down while I gather people.
Going to the Cairn and getting to start the ritual for locating the other hearts needed.
Meeting some newer dragoons.

Saturday:
Not knowing which character to play because two different things were going on at the same time that I was interested in and I wish I could have been everywhere at once.
Making the right decision when I picked George and followed Ilana around to meet her family.
Enjoying feast with people I don't normally get to hang around.
Switching back to Tyros after feast and going on main mod.
Waiting for the battle to start and following Horus around trying to decide when the best time was to jump him.
Randomly getting jumped by Ilana's father and being relieved that the attacks were all an area effect.
Helping Terezi throughout the fight and healing her enough to find a healer, only to watch her run right back into battle.
Mimicry on Palanthorn's White Flame! (I don't ever think I'll ever be able to top that mimicry)

Sunday:
Getting really excited for someone else's master warrior lesson and immediately buffing his teacher instead of the student.
Gathering around the Count as he handled Bloodtide. Getting singled out by the Count and freaking out afterwards.

(JP)
Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sister Danae (Danae)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
10 Sep 2014 13:08 #39 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!

Tyros wrote: Sunday:
Getting really excited for someone else's master warrior lesson and immediately buffing his teacher instead of the student.

Yeah.... about that. ;)

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
10 Sep 2014 13:32 #40 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
Rolling out of bed and driving to KR for the first time in almost a year....and yelling at the little cloudbursts that seemed to herald the worst the entire way there.... thats how it all started...

For real, I had a great time! It was awesome to see all the people I knew, and meet a few people that I didn't! And I honestly never knew being a soul warden would come in so useful about 5 min after I went in game :cool:

-Showing up and seeing all the shocked faces
-Getting a hug from James!
-Going IG and during an encounter with Nar being very OOG amused that Mae finally reached the state of zen shed always hoped to achieve. It only took....4 years?
-Having that state of zen immediately disrupted after about....oh, say... 5 min of talking with Quan Lui. I was mostly successful at keeping my feelings hidden and staying calm but....lets just say Mae was back with a vengeance. And I have to say Id forgotten what a healing personality she was. First goal of the day was found: go into the spirit realm as a veil master and bring the slaughtered people back!
-Finding Gene and pretty much pouncing on him. Couldn't do what I wanted to do, but I did come out with SOME good(ish) news.
-That news leading to other bad news
-That bad news leading to other news that finally made things finally come to a head

I dont think Mae has ever lectured someone or really confronted someone like that ever. I needed to meditate for a few minutes and met one of my teachers students and made that happen! But yea...when Tim came over and told me why Travance was still following the plan, Mae was just shocked. And there was really nothing she could say at that point. Plenty of things to feel, but she was pretty convinced it might be treason in these lands to talk about the Count.

-Going to the inverted tower and allllllllllll that happened there. Oh my. Being possibly the ONLY person that can freely go into the spirit realm to rez someone, doing so, and then finding out that was quite possibly the worst idea ever- thats a thing. Alllll of the things. Yep.
-Feast!
-Deciding to just follow Quan Lui on the battlefield- and deciding that saving Danny from Telligrim was NOT the same as helping an evil sword be spawned. Also didn't fight the orc army that apparently was brought here TO get the evil sword forged. Did heal! Didn't fight anything but Horuss, Illana's family, and the undead. Yay morals intact!
-Coincidentally, myself and the other healer finding out exactly WHY the army was coming. Just standing there, and all of a sudden it occured to me- theres no reason for the orcs to attack us. So....why??..... Then someone telling us and the two of us looking at each other. Pretty much figured.
-Helping to save Belechand! I love being a healer :)
-Walking through puddles and grass and holes and rocks in heels! I love not being sick or having a broken ankle!

-Driving off into the rainstorm afterward having a small heart to heart with Quan Lui. Mae isn't sure when she'll be back but she IS sure that the Travance she knew is very much being troubled by their own morals.

I really did have an awesome time (despite the heat/humidity!). I was touched at how many people came over to hug me and I really did have a great experience. I really am not sure when I'll be back but its nice to know Travance is still there, waiting. Be safe!

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
11 Sep 2014 08:11 #41 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
PC Highlights

Getting so angry that people allowed Danny to be an undead and then being mad at Danny for allowing himself to be undead. "Death before dishonor". Capps knew what was about to happen as billliamm went silent and began shaking with anger. Then a minute later I leaned close and whispered "terrorize" the fight was fun. Then everyone stepping in was great.

Billliamm breaking his honor code by attacking a loved one in anger. ..it wasn't Danny.

Making Grimkell arrest billliamm because he felt guilty and proved the laws meant nothing.

The hanging out with Aidin and Celting around. Joking about dead family as you do and ending most lines with galladel rest his soul.

New official token from kit and finding the mithral sword I had made for her.

The subdue to Goggins as billliamm thought he was attacking his dear friend Lois.

Leaping onto the gaian alter and destroying them evil cultists. Then while raging attacking innocent pendarvin batbarians....Oops they looked threatening in the dark.

Hanging in Alisandria Sunday morning watching a gentleman pugilist.

Mass and billliamm with his many derailing

Catching Ilana by ignoring safety of myself. It was worth it

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Goggs (coryan), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Dustin
  • Pirate King
  • Thank Yous: 5
11 Sep 2014 12:09 #42 by Dustin (Musushi)
Replied by Dustin (Musushi) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
Gonna keep this short and sweet: OH THE RAIN, THE LOVELY POURING RAIN <3

- Thank you

OOG - Dustin D. Boomfist

IG - Pirate King, Dread Commodore Jun Ashiro
The following user(s) said Thank You: Magnus (hippy g0th), Goggs (coryan)
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
11 Sep 2014 13:36 #43 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
I forgot to mention something very very important from JP's alt.

Disappointed Dad Face.

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyros (Tyros)
11 Sep 2014 14:23 #44 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
My single biggest highlight from this event was marshaling the creation on Bloodtide. Thank you, Gene, for giving me the opportunity to torment those poor souls.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daniel McKraegar (Daniel McKraegar), Belegchand (mcalo), Goggs (coryan)
11 Sep 2014 14:39 #45 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!

Siegfried Aldorson wrote: My single biggest highlight from this event was marshaling the creation on Bloodtide. Thank you, Gene, for giving me the opportunity to torment those poor souls.

The mini-mod happening during main mod, was pretty great. Kudos.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
11 Sep 2014 14:45 #46 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
If I was able to be in 2 places at once I would of done it, but Zach did a great job and what I heard did it perfectly

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
11 Sep 2014 17:56 #47 by Genevieve Reynolds (bookybird)
Replied by Genevieve Reynolds (bookybird) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
Quick Run Through of Awesome:

Bartending Friday night! Guess who survived her first rush?!

Getting to sleep in Caladonia where sleeping didn't require sweating out a gallon of water.

Every conversation with Clydie. Holy moly, the fun we are going to be having next event. :evil: Also getting increasingly freaked out by nyad's in general.

Accusing Nalick of being a Gigolo. -cackles-

Genevieve Reynolds
((OOG Danielle P))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
11 Sep 2014 18:11 #48 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
-exploding ale. The way Goggins' face lit up when we told him of this idea? Priceless.

-Philidin the plural. And Aleister's inability to handle it.

-Sunday, finally getting to experience a Keavy totem meditation. A++ meditation, would meditation again.

-moist butts. sleep deprivation makes everything hilarious.

-glorious air conditioning. (thanks Tim)

-baby bears are adorable. From a safe distance.

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Tim P (OrganicGolem), Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby), Goggs (coryan)
  • Arden
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • The ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of time.
  • Thank Yous: 163
12 Sep 2014 18:15 #49 by Arden (Shelby)
Replied by Arden (Shelby) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
best part of event hands down

"terezi EAT REAL FOOD"

*throws peach*

OOG: Shelby M Briar [She/They]
13 Sep 2014 17:11 #50 by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
Replied by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
1. Sorry, folks I have swamped lately, but without further ado here are my highlights;

Friday Night: I did a patrol with Donald , Erik, and Drill Sgt. Duncan which really set the tone for the whole event, Aggie was in WAY over his head, and just swam with it.

The Orc and goblin raid in front of the Barracks. I followed behind Lt. Grim protecting healers aid the fallen on the road. I run over the hill to help my Lt. And what do I see? Grim, standing there with about a dozen or more dead goblinoids all around him, “THAT'S MY LT!” Seriously, I felt bad for a half a second, poor green skins, they should have talked it out. Grim fights like an Orge who dropped a hornet's nest on it's lap.
I am finishing up another patrol after that and headed to the Inn and met some new towns folk, Wylla you are a true friend in a dark land. Quan Lui, not at all a Celt, but offered what might be the best advice I've ever heard. (Louis, thank you for that Role Play, you have helped several of us newer players and I hope that some day I can pass on your advice. In and out of game, Thank You, for all that you do, you give your all to KR, we see it, and I think many new players can learn from you...as well as some veterans.)

I will round out Friday Night with the, “Naked – Not Fight” Donald and Aggie were about to turn in for the night as a racket soured at the Barracks door, and after a few moments, Aggie runs out of the Barracks, weapon in hand wear only evening shorts screaming,” YOU WANNA FIGHT? YOU GET BACK HERE, YOU GET BACK HERE AND FIGHT ME NAKED!” To which they quickly lost their nerve and retreated, I passed on this information and retired for the night.
Saturday: I was awaken by an attack on the barracks in my bunk, I was saved, but I lost a bit of pride. I walked a few patrols and ended at the docks, where I spent a good time relaxing. It was cut short by the attack of two Fire Drakes. Which lead to another Patrol, we aided some craftsmen in Caledonia, your thanks was heart felt, and your words too kind. We Guardsmen try to help out there.
My Patrol Team and I then headed to the Inn for much needed water. I met with Brother Alaric, once again he aided my path for duty and justice! (Dave I seriously can't RP on your level, but I am getting there. That was heavy man.)
Okay first rule of Tower Mod, we don't talk about Tower Mod. Lt. Grim gave a strong speech, and really pumped me up. (Bill you go hard brother!) Goggins and his crazy arsenal of goods never stops to amaze me. Sgt. Duncan's advice...oh how true did those words come to be.
I would like to say thank you to the 4, yes 4, NPCs in the tower that weren't plot. As hot as it was and as fast as it was, thank you for giving it your all and answering questions to boot.
Cooper! You sir are my PC of the month, Del Dragon and his Soul Warden stories were the backbone of my PC idea, and you never broke character, not once. You missed your calling in life, go to Hollywood, that level of acting is big screen worthy and then some. You lived up to the legend, and then some! Truly EPIC story telling for all of those in there....and the rest I can't talk about.
That takes my to my NPCing Main Mod; we got in it, we were ready, the weather was awesome, we were ready to put in work as the Greater Undead Dragoons. What Happen? Quan Lui and Jed(Yes, you read that right, teamed up and just stomped us dead in our tracks. Jed, the darkest hero in the land? New In Town playing the Inn too.

The rest of RP I can't really get into, but I want to say two more things. First, stop some of the rumors, to those involved, the man was in-front of me, just please stop it. If this doesn't apply to you cool, if it does, new players don't need that and it takes away for the game, keep oog, oog. Secondly, Matt aka Raven put in over 12 plus hours for us in Logistics and then helped new players until he left to go to work, thank you Matt, you earned a public shout out. That does it for me, until next moon everyone.

Del Dragon, Argyle
(OOC: Forest Dougan)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wylla H. (Tifferzlives)
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
22 Sep 2014 05:55 #51 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic September 2014 Event Hightlights!
I would like to thank Geoffery Schaller for one of the most powerful and character defining moments that I have ever experienced in any form of roleplaying. I waited almost 8 years to receive a reading from Carlos And when i did, it not only turned my life upside down inside out and every which way but rightways, but then he intrinsically changed my life forever when he took that purple bandana, and neatly folded it over his tarot deck, then handed it to me to keep. I will never forget those eleven words you uttered to me. Thank you.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.767 seconds