Family Festival

14 Sep 2014 12:51 #1 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Family Festival was created by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Xander wanted me to send out a thanks to everyone for the family fun day. Despite the rain, he had a most wonderful time. He wanted to express particular thanks to everyone who ran the events for kids, and to Clove and Kanas for their fun battles at the end of the day.

I personal wanted to thank everyone involved in running the mini-adventures for the adults. Especially given the weather and the small numbers, you guys were really troopers and made it a great time. Steve, thank you for playing along with my group's silliness, and I will treasure the 10' pole. I really enjoy those sorts of adventures where you actually have to interact with the environment and do things.

I'm uploading some pictures to FB, and I'll share them around later.

Caldor

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Nadya (LGwilson08), Swyft (agentswift), Faila (Faila), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
14 Sep 2014 12:54 #2 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic Family Festival
Sorry I missed out on the field trip. I was around but never saw you get ready to go out.

The tour was a success for DJ and Renee. He'd not been in the woods for a very long time. A missed turn on the way home made it a much much much longer ride.

I hate rain and cold. This is known. I love the players of KR this is also know. I never not have fun... as long as I have the players of KR its always good.

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nadya (LGwilson08), Swyft (agentswift), Faila (Faila), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
14 Sep 2014 13:16 #3 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic Family Festival
That was an amazing festival. It was a lot of fun, and it's a change from the monsters, villains, and seriousness that is a normal event. It was a great time for me and I had a lot of fun.

But what really matters in this is the kids. We have this festival for their sake. They came to the game ready to be a part of the world, and they made the magic real. They were unafraid of roleplaying with everyone in the funniest and best ways. They jumped into the story of the Fairy King and the Goblin Lord and did remarkably. They interacted with members of Travance and even attacked them. I saw them all bum-rush Lord Aleister. It was hilarious. They also attacked me and Clove. A group of kids also started chanting for more undead to fight at night, and went up to known necromancers and asked for more undead. They were the center of the event, and they were perfect at it. So thank you Darrus, Skullbite, Chopchop, Fairy kid, Aurora, Xod, Dalia, Nostorian, Lily, Xod's twin, and everyone else I forgot the names of, you made an amazing day for all of us. Thank you for being a part of our town.

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Kirsten (Lotano), Faila (Faila), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Faila
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
14 Sep 2014 19:58 #4 by Faila (Faila)
Replied by Faila (Faila) on topic Family Festival
Thank you to everyone who made this such a fun event. Kirsten, Diane and all the NPC's - thanks for keeping the kids occupied and happy with an entertaining storyline and a lot of kid combat. JR and the other grill masters, thanks for keeping us all fed. James, thanks for your willingness to have this type of event. I hope our new players and visitors enjoyed themselves as much as our family did.

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
"May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Kirsten (Lotano), JR (jlratti), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
15 Sep 2014 08:52 #5 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Family Festival
-Getting to hang out with everyone before the event.

-George and Ilana (JP and Mars) both had the same idea to hand out cookies. Wild Mage cookies for everyone!

-The food :D

-Entertaining kids with my shield/sword (a few were quite happy they could wield something so easily that was basically the same size they were)

-Ilana saying something Marcella didn't expect (seriously, I've only ever hear 'cousin', where did 'sister' come from?)

-Why do they always get the happy ending?

-An unexpected guest visits the Inn late at night.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Tyros (Tyros), Narcis (ChrisR), JR (jlratti), Faila (Faila), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
15 Sep 2014 10:26 #6 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Family Festival
-Me as well as Ava being excited about children. People ask why she looked so normal and Ava's "It's for the children" and broods away.

-Orophin and Ava funplex brood park was a gogo at the festival.

- What happens when you send 3 chaos warriors and undead to accomplish a task? Exactly what you think:

Steve: It looks like if you had some rope you could repel down.
Orophin: Awesome, good thing we actually kept that the rope.
Ava and Orophin both look at George
George: Oh was I supposed to hold on to that?

<3 both of you and the NPCs and Steve and Zach for that mod! It was so much fun, even if Ava was the first to successfully get across.

-Coming back getting blown up on from George but also going to go roll some insanities...yay Chaotic Madness! Yay Schizophrenia! Yay for telling people to mind their space so Orias wouldn't chop them in half!

-Illana's concern about Ava spending time with Orophin is warranted <3 you Mars for being awesome with me being a butt. Also being the first physician to forcefully heal her mind....(though I mean she WAS catatonic XD) Ava really wants to believe Illana that the emotions she's currently feeling are good.

-Head massage by Tim. Yay for less headaches!

-Getting actually asked to the ball by Orophin. Thought it was going to be a "YOU ARE GOING WITH ME BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT LEAVING MY SIDE" when it actually was "I would still like you by my side anyway"

-Ava blushing everytime Orophin showed Ava how to "properly" show concern. Much hand holding between Zelretch, Ava and Orophin.

-Only scaring one person who was a preteen so I feel pretty accomplished.

-Awesome Awesome food, I am so thankful to those who helped prepare, buy or serve it :) You guys do a real service to the game :)

-Hugging someone I never thought Ava would hug...the conversations from it and ending my festival on a "She is still trying to emotion"

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Tyros (Tyros), Tim P (OrganicGolem), JR (jlratti), Faila (Faila), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
15 Sep 2014 10:34 - 15 Sep 2014 16:44 #7 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic Family Festival
~ Buns, sausages? :silly: Thanks for cooking for us all in that pouring rain! Also whoever brought veggie sticks <3

~ Fort awesome and all of the religious / philosophical talks over hookah and spiced wine with Clove and Hazar. Really awesome RP all around. Was a nice coincidence for me that it was rose shisha and I put some Andorran holy water in there for Hazar. Also, long overdue apology to Clove. A mutual understanding.

~ Brigitta hugs!

~ Conversation with Aella:
Aella: You know... if you turn evil, I'll have to kill you.
Angeliana: I know. I count on it.

~ Caldor's support for swift and Angeliana.
~ Trading a hug for a bowl of popcorn! Huzzah!

~ A sweet little Sylvan elf trying to chop up my witchwood staff into firewood, upon self repair she threw a spell at it, after ignore magic she decided to pout until I pointed at the benches outside and told her she could use those. :)

~ A deal with the devil? :blush: I hope it was worth it.

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
Last edit: 15 Sep 2014 16:44 by Angeliana (Angeliana). Reason: I can't spell :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), JR (jlratti), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Imrahil
  • I hear, and I forget; I see, and I remember; I do, and I understand.
  • Thank Yous: 216
15 Sep 2014 11:03 #8 by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
Replied by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett) on topic Family Festival
- Ribbings about wearing Imrahil's cloak in my streetwear.

- JR's Picnic area. Perfect for grazers like myself!

- Meeting the very well heeled Baroness, at the same time as Jen. :)

- Lessons with the Eirson's. I look forward to more!

- Group shenanigans in the rain and pushme-pullyu troll negotiations.

- Shee's expert skull identification.

- Wee folk with lots of heart!

- Mark's impromptu MM shift. Shee halting ash rats in place with well timed barking. The first time I've ever been brought back out by popular demand!
The bruises are worth it.

Imrahil

-Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

(Amos Oberjonois - Trapper and Spirit Speaker)

OOG - Brendan Barrett
Kitchen marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), JR (jlratti), Nadya (LGwilson08), Faila (Faila), Aella (Onirazael)
  • Nadya
  • привет,как ты? Меня зовут Надя
  • Thank Yous: 19
15 Sep 2014 12:49 #9 by Nadya (LGwilson08)
Replied by Nadya (LGwilson08) on topic Family Festival
ogre was fun and i know moss loved the way i spoke cause it was just like the hulk lol!
moss's wings were the best and his make up was stunning!!
the one little kid who kicked some major butt during someone elses duel lol i gave him a ticket and told him "me give you this... you such good warrior! you kick butt it good"
i obtained a duck skull. that was awesome
omg WHAT A DELICIOUS BURGER LOOK HOW JUICY IT IS!
our adventure team of awesome and how i made the baddies shake in their wet booties.
awesome festival guys :)

"how did you end up here?"
"I will give you one word 'Tequila'
.... never again with the Tequila"
'Nadya'

Herro - Shee Krank't from the Blood Eye clan
OOG~Janice :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Faila (Faila), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
15 Sep 2014 21:11 - 15 Sep 2014 22:20 #10 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic Family Festival
-D&D dungeon Crawl mod, team Force of Nature ftw.
Huge thank you to Steve, Zach, and the NPCs for staying out for hours in the weather to run these mods. I would love to have more in the future.

-The Bacon Hater. dang miniature hellions.

-assisting with shield lessons, always fun.

-"That's Lady Angelica Earmuffs to you!"

-Burgers? excellent burgers.
And watermelon.

-Plotting for ball. Between Angelica and Morwenne (plus everyone else), Annora is doomed.

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
Last edit: 15 Sep 2014 22:20 by Annora (Karen).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), JR (jlratti), Faila (Faila), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
15 Sep 2014 21:34 #11 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Family Festival
Seeing all those kids really jumping in and having fun really makes me happy to be a part of this community.

Thank you everyone who was a part of it.

Favorite moments:

Crystal telling me her daughter loves my scrolls so much she refuses to sell them. :3

Being used as a human shield by Steve to protect himself from tiny adventurers only to have them recognize me as a hostage and go around me. <3 They learn young!

D&D Mod.

All the great RP.

Sincerely again: thank you everyone who brought this day together. The adventures of these kids today will be the stories we tell in the future. :)

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Faila (Faila), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
15 Sep 2014 22:17 - 15 Sep 2014 22:18 #12 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic Family Festival
Three words: Fayest of fey

D&D mod was awesome (thankyou!)

Cassie's yeti blanket thing

Food smelled amazing

MB's ice cream

That moment when the larpettes come to rescue you from a dungeon and one of them tries to stab you just cause.

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
Last edit: 15 Sep 2014 22:18 by Goggs (coryan).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Kirsten (Lotano), JR (jlratti), Uhtred (Erich Lutz), Faila (Faila), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Azrael
  • Thank Yous: 21
16 Sep 2014 10:32 #13 by Azrael (newtyperx79)
Replied by Azrael (newtyperx79) on topic Family Festival
This was a great event.

I didnt get to join a DnD group, but I had a blast following the little ones around. They thoroughly enjoyed beating me up in between each of their little events.

I was glad to help and participate in making the kids smile and have a blast! Especially when some of them told me they couldn't wait to beat me up next time before leaving :woohoo: :evil: :cool:

sorry the birch beer ended up not being birch beer, apparently the company who sends the store the kegs messed it up :(

Azrael

OOG: Luis Morales
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Kirsten (Lotano), JR (jlratti), Faila (Faila), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Kirsten
  • Thank Yous: 105
16 Sep 2014 13:50 #14 by Kirsten (Lotano)
Replied by Kirsten (Lotano) on topic Family Festival
Thank you to everyone who volunteered their time and patience with the kids! You all were so great NPCing, interacting with, bartending (making the Jonas Kanes), cooking for and doting on them. I know for certain little Chop Chop had a blast and now I will have to listen to him asking when the next kids day is for another 12 months :)

Emeline Patterson
Knight of Alisandria

Kirsten
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Uhtred (Erich Lutz), Goggs (coryan), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Faila (Faila), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.586 seconds