Moresca Ball 2014

20 Oct 2014 08:51 #1 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Moresca Ball 2014 was created by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
This event was amazing and lead to so much character rp and potential for the future.
1. Not purposely showing up late but it totally worked out throwing the chaos part into the mix of out order and chaos coupling
2. Storytelling competition taking first place, thank you. I wrote and made up all of that story it was influenced by many mythos and stories but it was awesome to win with something I created
3. The challenge, Danae's challenge, William did his best and only slipped up a few times. He is a rover by nature
4. Teaching the ancient art of, "no offense but..."
5. The ever growing relationship between silverbow and William, he may think Billliamm is constantly joking but some of his laird's words cut deeper then he realises.
6. The transformation from slightly sane to William mckraegar. Yay suppressing insanities.
7. Deep talks with Godric and the william's true enemy being revealed. I can't wait to continue this story
8. Getting kit in trouble with alander and also the talks about William being sane and the promise of future talks about all his crazy
9. There are more but I will leave it a here until I can think of them

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Croínamara (Jen), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
20 Oct 2014 09:22 #2 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Moresca Ball 2014
I had a great time at the ball. It ended way too soon.
Finally got to check out the garden
Met Worthington's sister (Spelled Tamzin?)
Ruined my mask figuratively and literally (but Morwenne helped)
Seeing Alander and Myris again! (Now I know where to visit them too)
Talking with Zelretch and Cypher
Talking with a bunch of others
Trying to do the dances with different songs. It was fun to try and mostly succeed

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
20 Oct 2014 12:01 - 20 Oct 2014 12:01 #3 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic Moresca Ball 2014
I AM THE BEST ASSASSIN.
Honestly, stalking Ilana was the best part of my evening.

Being resident loud voice.

"THIS ISN'T CAKE *smashes a handful of not-cake into his mouth* THIS IS PIE." *throws remainders forcefully away* - Bill Hannings, as the night ends.

The Dirty Penny story.
The Almost-but-not-quite masque of the red death story.

PORK BOATS.

All of the participants for all of the contests. Ya'll killed it something fierce.

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
Last edit: 20 Oct 2014 12:01 by Croínamara (Jen).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
20 Oct 2014 15:05 #4 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Moresca Ball 2014
But for the absence of my wife, I had a wonderful time at this ball.

I want to thank the RP marshals and James for letting me push things a little for some extra fun RP. I really enjoyed getting to play Caldor a little different and play with what's going on with him.

Huge nod to Zach for playing up something with Caelvan and Keavy's song. And Danny and Connor - thank you so much for singing that! I love the song and it moves me and my character to hear you sing it.

Congrats to our new Lords!!! All well deserved.

All the outfits were amazing. John, your really blew me away. I'm so glad I got to see it in good light outside before things started. I still want that coat.

Food. So Good. Kayla knows I was stalking that buffalo chicken dip for weeks leading up to this event. I enjoyed everything so much. I just wish I could have eaten more.

So fun to see Grim finally not having to be "on duty" and act like a real northman again!

SO Glad I got to have an important conversation with Danny. It was weighing on me OOG that I was going to have to wait till december to have it.

Wonderful conversations with Illana. There is an ongoing relationship there that I am so very fond of, and I'm so happy every time I get to RP with you!

And of course, glad to see that Morwenne and Caldor's "service" paid off.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
20 Oct 2014 17:03 #5 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Moresca Ball 2014
-Ava and Orophins "Oh yeah there is a thing today gotta go to it" take on going to ball
-Ava not getting the purpose of the ball besides for satiating hunger
-Good talks with Orophin, Cypher, Pastores ;)
-Talk with Keavy. Keavy always comes in with the topic of the month like twenty minutes late. Still god talk considering Ava essentially gave her an ultimatum despite not needing to give one
-Talks with Billiamm with Orophin and the interesting tension/not tension that resides between them.
-People still being surprised that Orophin and her are married with slightly hesitant "congratulations"
-YUMMY FOOD
-EVERYONE IS BEAUTIFUL.
-talk with Godrick. Yup, a fallen angel of Valos isn't a person.
-Danae catching on more quickly. Later glarey eyes from her.
-Swyft being sad by the concept of my outfit.

I had such a fun time! It was interesting for Ava to be without combat and she definitely felt a bit out of place but had fun anyway!

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
20 Oct 2014 17:05 #6 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic Moresca Ball 2014
~ Entrance chained to Pastores, having to explain the bad deal Angeliana made all night long. Grim grunting.
~ The food. Omg Lasagna, Andorra have mercy, it was delicious!
~ The Count loving Angeliana's mug and being jealous she had a nicer one than he did. Thank you Sir... I mean Lord Victor Sylus for the gift :D Congrats again!
~ All of the new Lords and Ladies! Well deserved.
~ Recounting the true events/circumstances surrounding the Baroness's exit to Father Osred.
~ Poker tournament and winning it. Wasn't easy. But the King's Gold is in good hands now ;)
~ The awesome phys rep for the King's Gold, Angeliana and Swyft's secret hiding place for it.
~ Looks from Drega'mire when a drunken Angeliana won gambling and was connected to Atrus's belt via her cuffs and a chain. "Who is chained to who?"
~ Swyft's song! So very fitting and awesome.
~ Harp... I adore that sound <3 And that special song. The hug.
~Alander and Myrnis convincing Angeliana to throw grapes at people for fun. Trying to chase the slyph to explain love making, alas, another time...
~ The Count's horrible joke about shutting the doors and killing everyone because he ran out of patience. Queue many many prayers to Andorra to give his Grace more patience!!!
~ John winning best male costume! Well deserved.
~ Meeting Val / Jen. I hope you come back!

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
  • I hear, and I forget; I see, and I remember; I do, and I understand.
  • Thank Yous: 216
20 Oct 2014 19:13 #7 by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
Replied by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett) on topic Moresca Ball 2014
-Getting a chance to explore the magnificent environs beforehand.
-Not tripping over my robe/Swyft's dress during announcements. Tiny, poorly placed eyeholes...
-Noticing all the nobody giving heed to the the Count's seating direction. :)
-John's costume. Keep kicking that bar!
-Foods! That C.T.M. Alice. :)
-All the contests, and contestants. Well done folks!
-Making Jack uneasy with my mask, and the attempted easing.
-Sneaky Croi is still rather noticable! :lol:
-Taking a stroll around the grounds, plannings with Trent.
-Adult time with the King's gold.
-Revelation from Kleidin, and the never messing with magic it has instilled.
-Recognizing some top notch RP from some of our newest. Keep it up guys!

Imrahil

-Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

(Amos Oberjonois - Trapper and Spirit Speaker)

OOG - Brendan Barrett
Kitchen marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Croínamara (Jen), Angeliana (Angeliana)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
20 Oct 2014 20:07 - 20 Oct 2014 22:25 #8 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Moresca Ball 2014
Joking around while waiting in line with my date for the evening, Aryia:

"So, a bard and a necromancer walk into the Black Keep. Stop me if you've heard this one."

Sitting at the table and making people laugh when I ate food with the mask on (it had a nose about three times the length of my own).

The food! You people are talented! You know, at things besides role-play. Some of you, I already knew that about, like Aella/Ree. That coffee-toffee pecan pie was great!

Bumping into Landris and learning that what she crocheted for me many moons ago, will be mine soon.

Croi being a ball of excitement. But I repeat myself.

Bawdy conversation with Burkheart, and the song he couldn't sing too loudly.

Awkward conversation with Genevieve. When it's not, I'll worry.

Swyft's dress! You looked wonderful, you really did. And then your song and the way you acted it out when you came off the stage. Bravo!

Burkheart singing the song he and Sindarion crafted (What Shall We Do With A Drunken Travance).

Sindarion and the harp. Later in the night, I managed to catch him outside when he was tuning it. A+ job during the competition!

Singing! I got up and sang! The October event was really the first time at KR I sang in front of a group of people, and it went smoothly, so that paved the way for me singing at the Ball. I'm glad people got laughs out of it, too!

Chairs. Jack Cypher taught me about chairs. "Please take a seat." That is all.

The Count explaining that while inebriated, he gave the cleaning staff the night off, and thus needed some help tidying up. Glad to help!

This was the first time I heard Clytie/May sing a song and I was not disappointed in the least! Well done.

Charcoal and Billiam, my fellow nervous singers. I enjoyed both of your performances.

As things were wrapping up, Zach invited us to have one of his cupcakes. I pick one up and I take a bite while he's explaining to someone else how he prepared them. When he mentioned that instead of oil, eggs, and I think, flour, he used goat urine, I was so close to spitting out the cupcake for real.

See you all in 10 days!

Last edit: 20 Oct 2014 22:25 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Croínamara (Jen), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
  • rivanyasi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Opportunity lets you find, Skill lets you procure.
  • Thank Yous: 42
20 Oct 2014 20:33 #9 by rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
Replied by rivanyasi (rivanyasi) on topic Moresca Ball 2014
Invisible harp.

Evaluating Celtvan and Celtvy's winnings.

Chess with Tommy.

Discussing pine trees and barbarians with the Eirsons.

All the delicious food. Thanks to everyone who prepared it.

Na'ar Chacov, Soul of the Stars.

Ayiri Amexis, Sorceress' Apprentice.
Lupta Tamasa, Torn and Blackened.

OOG: Riva A.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
20 Oct 2014 22:08 #10 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic Moresca Ball 2014
Pork boats.
Cheesecake.
Cow urine cupcakes (and the reactions to my secret recipe).
Pork boats.
Sausage.
Lasagna.
Pork boats.
Crab dip.
Pork boats.
Pork boats.
For the love of the gods, pork boats.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Mirwen Silverbow
  • Shadows and darkness are not to be feared. As with any other tool, it is the will of the wielder that does evil or good.
  • Thank Yous: 85
20 Oct 2014 23:36 #11 by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen)
Replied by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen) on topic Moresca Ball 2014
Let's start with the most obvious: I guess I have to update my forum signature :P I'll have to stop correcting people who've been calling me Lady and get used to it now.
(never gonna be used to it)

Watching the dancing from above! This was my third ball and yet the first time I was up on the mezzanine. I only caught the last little bit, but it was still awesome.

So much delicious food. There's a reason I never wear a corset to the ball.

Judging the storytelling/poetry competition, as usual. I always enjoy the stories people come up with.

There's more but I can't think of them right now. But it was a wonderful time and everyone looked so lovely!

Lady Mirwen Silverbow of Pendarvin
Master of the Mage's Guild
Mage's Guild Scribe

[IMG

Christine B
New Player Marshal
Logistics Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Croínamara (Jen), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
21 Oct 2014 01:08 #12 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Moresca Ball 2014
The food.

Atrus and Angeliana, snarling.

Brothers in drunkeness and northland fun. I'm just glad to play off Jason.

Croi being a fun MC.

Scandalous behavior with Morwenne

Quiet talks with Lord Victor, Lord Gideon, and Lord Silverbow.

Working on grim's code of honor.

Avoiding Croi until it was time to judge the contests.

Avoiding dancing.

Talks with the Chancellor of the Exchequer.

Food.

Finding out Aleister was worrying a Black SOrcerer, and this making grim feel BETTER.

Looking at neat costumes.

Stalking around the upper catwalk area like someone who doesn't belong at a fancy place.

Predicting angeliana was going to win at cards.

Setup and takedown Goofery.

And indeed. IT WAS NOT CAKE! IT WAS PIE!

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Atrus (Atrus), Croínamara (Jen), Angeliana (Angeliana), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
21 Oct 2014 03:20 #13 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Replied by Sindarion (Steven SA) on topic Moresca Ball 2014
Food.

Food.

MORE FOOD.

PORK BOAAATS

Not standing Clytie up for the ball, and our back-and-forth dialogue involving gnomes and teapots. Courtesy of Morwenne and Caldor.

Meeting all the new and new-ish people! Y'all were awesome!

oh god the songing contest ive been waiting to sing those two songs and im so glad you guys liked it
Seriously, though, everyone who sang, you were all great.

and, of course, the post-ball-car-ride-pork boats

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby), Croínamara (Jen), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
21 Oct 2014 13:44 #14 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic Moresca Ball 2014
Last minute sorcery from Alister before we walk into the main room. Followed by Caldor's reaction. "Uhhhhhhh..."

Walking in with my knight Anhil since Conor was going to be late.

Celtvy is now a thing!

FOOOOOOOD

-taps Angelica's arm and whispers- I want to get up from the table but the corset is making it hard... Could you slide over a bit?

Also, thanks Christine for the corset!

Caldor's rune making and silly questions about being a Celt, among other things.

"I have to ask... But are those -points to chest- because of being a Celt or the corset?"
Then a prompt joke about one of Aella's arrows mysteriously finding it's way into his shoulder.

Last bit of the storytelling contest :)

A serious talk with Ava about where she stands and where to go next with her chaos warrior (and soon Dreadnaught) training.
Seriously though, whenever someone's giving her a talk, Keavy always shows up late!

New lords!

Dancing!

And the singing contest! On a whim I thought about singing the song we sang to Caldor after Caelvan and Keavy's wedding, but I didn't expect to win! And especially didn't expect the sudden plot surprise from Zach! It was awesome to feel like we grabbed the attention of something mysterious!

Everyone had fantastic songs and I swear I was going to cry for Sindarion's they were so beautiful.

It was a great night. :)

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Narcis (ChrisR), Sindarion (Steven SA), Croínamara (Jen), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
21 Oct 2014 18:31 #15 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Moresca Ball 2014
Food was good and there was plenty of diversity.

My top highlight was OOG, when a player told me that while it is plain that Edwin is curt and does not spare the feelings of others, Charlie is a very nice person. Having played competitive Diplomacy, I can state without reservation that many cannot distinguish between Gaming and real life. Those who played in the Darkness Before Dawn LARP can think of several.

I made book on who would be promoted. One had to get it all right to win. Everyone had Gideon and Ardin, a few went on a limb and said Jack would become Knight Protector. No one selected Victor to be a Lord, so I cleaned up.

I view the Ball as an evening to conduct diplomacy and business, both of which went well. Had productive conversations with Caldor, Gideon, and Victor. It is always a pleasure to RP with Geoff, particularly in the current circumstances. A few months back he called me a traitor concerning my actions that demonstrated the Bank of Travance was not solvent. At the Ball we discussed wide ranging topics which will have us in close proximity often. Edwin really wanted to bring up the traitor charge, but even he knows the point is out there without being stated.

Good RP with Swyft, concerning one of the directions her future might hold, but it is not as cut and dry as she thought. Told Keavy my preliminary findings on something that concerns her, but that woman makes a mule seem easy to persuade.

With Ardin saying Mirwin is the Jewel of Pendarvin, it appears that Silverbow women are jewels and princesses. Made arrangements to have someone run my business, said someone not being a vassal of Pendarvin (IMO, it is not right to be selfish and do less for the land by asking one who lives in Pendarvin to do it).

Got some good advice from Slightly Sane (actually he was completely sane), I did not ask for it, but when has that ever stopped him from offering it?

A very important matter is the white doublet Kelly made for me acquired no stains. My DS &WW is impressed.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
21 Oct 2014 20:33 - 21 Oct 2014 20:34 #16 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic Moresca Ball 2014
My first Winterdark ball! From the gorgeous venue to the wonder of everyone being dressed in their fine and fanciest, it was truly a delightful, stress free evening! I think the only issue I had all night was trying to figure out how to walk in a gigantic hoop skirt. Eventually I realized I just had to lift an end a tad and I could take steps that weren't painfully dainty...

THE FOOD.

Omg, who brought that chocolate brownie-but-not-exactly-solid DELICIOUS chocolate explosion? Please, please... I need that recipe. I have never tasted any chocolate anything-ever quite that exquisite!

Kayla, that buffalo chicken dip was amazing... I need more, good thing you live so close! Brendan's sweet and sour kielbasa was surprisingly delicious! Angeliana had to explain to me what a “pork boat “ was and I'm glad she did. Tasty! Honestly, all of the food was above and beyond. Thank-you!

Atrus and Angeliana, you two crazy kids, you. You looked fabulous! I particularly enjoyed Swyft wearing just about the exact opposite of what Atrus was, lights and all... ;) But damn, dude. That mask...

Ava, your costume was morbid to Swyft but AWESOME to me! Cool concept! And Orophin wears fancy ruffles well!

Morwenne, your style remains forever an inspiration to Swyft. You looked GORGEOUS, girl. And your dancing eleganza extravaganza was my favorite part of the night! How we all laughed! Just plain good times.

I had a nice chat with the lovely Godric, gained some insight and not discouragement. Swyft looks forward to future discussions. :)

Drunk Count is Best Count!

Trying to explain some things on etiquette to Atrus with Angel. The count did not help the situation... But it was hilarious!

Serious talks with Edwin. He cares so very much! <3

Trent's singing... spot on as usual! Love the mask!!!

Nalick finally singing. Oh my goodness, what a beautiful voice.

Thank-you for getting the brevity of my song! It was fun to sing! Thanks to John for being a good sport.

Thank-you for all of your kind words on the dress! And thank-you to Kayla for putting it together! <3
I got to live a little dream that night, what with all that fancy, frilly, floofy... stuff. It was wonderful!

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
Last edit: 21 Oct 2014 20:34 by Swyft (agentswift).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Atrus (Atrus), Angeliana (Angeliana), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
23 Oct 2014 10:30 #17 by Hazel Storm (HazelStorm)
Replied by Hazel Storm (HazelStorm) on topic Moresca Ball 2014
So this was my first ball and I had so much fun.

First off magic portraits on the grounds so much fun. Shey and Charcoal your two portraits beautiful.

Naar we make an adorable couple thank you for coming to the ball with me.

Spending time with Shey during the story contest though Hazel did not like a lot of them cause they were so sad and dark.

The dancing so much fun thank you Lord Victor for helping our group with the dances. Morwen you did a wonderful job with the dancing and explaining it sorry our group took a little bit to figure it out.

The food was wonderful and the singing contest beautiful long but beautiful.

Talking with the Count getting a little nervous when he threatened to lock the doors and kill us all. I thank Gaia he didn't.

Thank you so much for a wonderful evening and I look forward to coming back again.

Hazel Storm - "Keep calm and let it go."

OOG: Heather Kissling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
23 Oct 2014 12:29 #18 by Mother Marika (Ophelia)
Replied by Mother Marika (Ophelia) on topic Moresca Ball 2014
Well, this was my first Ball NOT as Marika, and I thoroughly enjoyed it :D

At first, it was a bit awkward, because Winifred was so bloody nervous having a Knight as her escort. But after eventually loosening up, she had great fun! Thanks Ben for putting up with my awkward silence :D

The storytelling was nice, though I'm sorry I missed Steve's story with the plate.

Jen, I think this was a record singing competition. How many people participated?

OMG food. Jason, gimme Rie's pecan pie recipe NOW.

Everyone looked fantastic! Year after year I am more and more impressed with people's outfits.

And thank you Alisia for organizing the dancing. I couldn't participate, but it was fun to watch!

See everyone in a week!

Master Marika Korsova Laurent Belmont
Priestess of Galmachis
Soul Warden
Shadow Hunter
"For eternity."

Doctor Winifred Sterling
"Oh dear...now I'll have to cut it out...again..."

OOG- Samantha Maksoud
Logistics Marshal

"Intelligence is the wife, imagination is the mistress, memory is the servant."-Victor Hugo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Croínamara (Jen), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
23 Oct 2014 13:26 - 23 Oct 2014 13:26 #19 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic Moresca Ball 2014
Sam, Somewhere between SO MANY and GODS HELP US.
The same thing goes for the storytelling contest.

Next year, I'll have casual sign ups at the very least, JUST so I'll have a ball park of how many participants there are, and so we can time accordingly.

(im so proud of how many people stepped up to perform oh my gosh you have no idea)

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
Last edit: 23 Oct 2014 13:26 by Croínamara (Jen).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mother Marika (Ophelia), Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.686 seconds