Nov 2014 Highlights.

04 Nov 2014 01:10 - 04 Nov 2014 12:44 #31 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Replied by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl) on topic Nov 2014 Highlights.
Oh right! I forgot about walking into the fight between the count/Mirrormere and Keavy fight completely by accident while going down to Kaladonia to ask about dinner for Keavy and co, due to the count being around. Aka: Walking in on the VERY THING she was trying to avoid happening at Feast. That was fun. Hope you guys enjoyed dinner! :P Thank you for the help in getting the food to Kaladonia (I am very sorry, I forgot your name!)

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn
Consul of Kaladonia
Warden of the Phocus
Ambassador to Calasvorin
Manager, Dragon's Claw Inn;

OOG: Abby Leib
Last edit: 04 Nov 2014 12:44 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion)
04 Nov 2014 07:35 #32 by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
Replied by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn) on topic Nov 2014 Highlights.
Again, another seriously fun event!

This was the first main mod I've attended as a PC and I was blown away. The sights, the sounds, the creepy little farmstead! Every time I come to this larp I'm blown away by the amount of effort put in by the organizers to create such a fun atmosphere. I can't thank you all enough. I had a blast.

As for Ketryn, things didn't exactly go as she planned this event but the unexpected twists were definitely fun and shook things up for her.

-First off, that amazing lesson with Draven and Grim. You'all are +A when it comes to RP and thanks for pushing Ketryn so far. She learned a lot about you both and I learned a lot about pushing the RP. Some day I'll get the hang of this!

-So damn much Entwine with Vines. Too damn much Entwine with Vines. No more Entwine with Vines!

-Rule bending is not rule breaking. Location is important. Maybe this was forbidden but THAT wasn't explicitly forbidden.

-Getting out of Alisandria for a bit and visiting the other lands. Pendarvin is full of pretty awesome people and some great singers!

-That new player mod where you all blew yourself up. I sure picked the right time to casually wander outside the door. Too bad I can't heal anyone...

-Being detained and questioned by the guards as an NPC. Being entwined with vines AGAIN as an NPC.

-Marybeth was fantastic as the Oracle. You gave me chills.

-So many other things

Huntress Ketryn Shiverthorn
Private of the Baronial Guard

OOG- Kat B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sindarion (Steven SA), JR (jlratti), Croínamara (Jen), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
04 Nov 2014 09:41 #33 by Tessa Harlow (hunteralex75)
Replied by Tessa Harlow (hunteralex75) on topic Nov 2014 Highlights.
A friend from her childhood visits Tessa and helps Tessa keep her sister safe on the Frederick mod. Wylla wasn't hit once, success! Much laughter at the bloody stump with Argyll, wylla, Asher, and nalick. The bards were quite entertaining. After a few drinks and a scare mortal attack its time for Tessa to retire for the night. Only to be kept awake by the fighting outside.
Awoken by noises outside the tent. Wylla dresses quickly and when Tessa refused to get out of bed wylla decides to lay on her. Arkelian - " well this is awkward." headed to the barracks when Tessa is waylayed. Wylla - " you just attacked a member of the guard"
Feast was an emotional time for Tessa and she could not get into the festivities she left early to layer up for main mod, which was pretty awesome.
Finding out arkelian may be dead, well guess its time to kill someone. Luckily it did not come to that.
Arkelian and nalick, ohh you two.

This event was by far the best and it helped develop my character so much more. Can't wait to see what's in store for her next event!

(OOG) Alex Hunter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Atrus
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 92
04 Nov 2014 10:21 #34 by Atrus (Atrus)
Replied by Atrus (Atrus) on topic Nov 2014 Highlights.
Fun event.

More character development is always a plus.

Having good characters around and dealing with them is always a fun/interesting challenge, Angelianna, Swyft, Norm's Paladin Teacher, and Grim always make for a bit of fun.

Terrible flashbacks of dealing with Fallow in the past, was a trip to RP.

Elias, as Bolton is always a creepy bastard who is loads of fun to deal with.

More insanities.

Staff Fighting/lessons with Angelianna and Swyft

Jed and crew.

Litany of Doom, and all of the confusion thereof.

Phokus walk and all the horror thereof, thank you Renee for being generally awesome throughout the weekend.

Willpower lesson with Swyft, phenomenally fun.

Having three awesome players around while I RPed some things as Atrus which I haven't done before, Nate, thank you for probably one of the best compliments I've gotten as far as RP goes!

All in all had a blast, actually sleeping was fantastic, and Main Mod was nicely lit, if not somewhat confusing with the glowsticks and quite enjoyable. Thank you James, and staff and crew for being awesome. Also NPC's on my Shift, you guys were great, thank you for dealing with an incredibly hectic shift and doing a good job with makeup stuffs.

~Atrus
"Only those who have endured the greatest suffering can become the greatest people."

John
Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Zathir (Clevatus), Angeliana (Angeliana), Swyft (agentswift), Faila (Faila), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Faila
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
04 Nov 2014 13:03 - 04 Nov 2014 13:23 #35 by Faila (Faila)
Replied by Faila (Faila) on topic Nov 2014 Highlights.
A very quick list.

• The Page of Pendarvin.
• My mid-day NPC being really really pissed off about Travance stealing her crossbow and watching some excellent RP in that same mod. Also, learned a lot about calling skills just by watching Quan Liu and Steve's NPC fight in that mod (pretty much without ever using a weapon).
• Spending most of Saturday afternoon planning and rehearsing with Jen and Jeff. And getting to meet Lauren.
• The incredible main mod plan and set-up.
• Highlight #1: I would willingly replay that main mod scene another 20 times just to see either Morwenne or Ilana's reaction to Aggie again.

Thanks to James and staff for a great event.

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
"May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
Last edit: 04 Nov 2014 13:23 by Faila (Faila).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Croínamara (Jen), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa), Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Faila
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
04 Nov 2014 13:10 #36 by Faila (Faila)
Replied by Faila (Faila) on topic Nov 2014 Highlights.
I forgot the awesome chicken dinner. Diane, I want to know how to make that (in much smaller portions). And Abby, you are the best for helping so much in the kitchen.

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
"May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Croínamara (Jen), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
04 Nov 2014 13:57 #37 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic Nov 2014 Highlights.
Firstoff….
Kudos to everyone for a mostly injury-free event. All Y’all need to take a bow.
Secondoff…
Kudos to staff for this month’s journey into the wilds of Travance. Lots of fun was had and no little RP was left undone. Bravo!

On to highlights
Friday Volunteer NPC shift with The Brotherhood of Shadows and their attempt at bloodtide. This was honestly the first time I have seen a proper guard upon that weapon… and it showed. The Death of Kane was a happy thing for the player… though I am not 100% certain its over yet.
PC time…. Coming in to Travance to find the Barracks interior torched and hearing of Birgitta’s heroics in putting it out. That oldsword has no fear…. But then, it was removed last year at this time… True Story.
First Time Phokus Walk, courtesy of a damned Dark Paladin with Litanies of doom. I’m just pleased it took Billingham and Caelvan combined to drop me. The upset friend sitting outside the phokus and the brief talk has lead to some confusion on where one stands… that answer will be had later, I am sure.
More discussions about the state of the lands, patrolling then bed.
Saturdayguard meeting… and then Celt Mod. If someone had told me last month I’d be important for this mod, I’d have laughed at them till I fell over. Suffice it to say, I am still a bit in shock.

Main Mod stuff… It’s a jumble and it was all cool. By section-
Main Mod Prequel- The revelation of the possessed children, Duncan’s seeking his faith’s priest over it and the scaremortal attack. Going full defensive to protect a weaponless Gideon, there was no attempt to fight back, just actually parry… And it went like this- “Nope nope nope nope missed me nope” where each nope was a blocked swing or a side step. This bought time for heavy hitters to come up and deal with the baddie.
Main Mod Scouting mission- lots of fun trying to explain how to move quietly on the road. Happy tosay, most everyone got it.
Mainmod the fight….
-Team Fianna. Nothing could stop us until we got separated… and even then, we were machines.
-midbattle exchange-
NPC at pc: “Deathpoison!”
Me: “Intercept; Immune!” as I placemy sword in the gap between them.
NPC (looks at who said it) “Oh shit!” and runs.

More fighting… I rescue the low levels and get them organied then run into the DeathKnights. Thirty secondsof fighting and a slay got through… Crit time.

Get found by a BloodSpirit (Huronson) and dragged towards a healer- only to have himget cut down.
Get found by someone andafter a moment panic, get rescued at the 3:15 mark of crit.
Get up, get some health and get backto the Fianna…. Only to get dropped once again into crit.

By the damned Death Knights again.

When I finally get found, I am approaching minute 4. Once saved, stand guard with Bran as Angiliana goes about healing.

Just before the end, gettingword that the artifact I carry is about to get ported out- the battle looking lost at this point. Being angry about having to possibly run but knowing it’s the smart thing to do. And having it not be needed.

I STILL don’t know if this was a win or a draw. But the carnage made me think loss…

Post main mod conversation… and a request between clansmen. An epicly wonderful serious conversation between three Celts of stature.

Sunday and the waist- tackling of the Posessed Count before he does a horrible thing. Wonderfully epic scene and I am very surprised I did not die there…

EndGame, Clean Up and the Long Journey Home.

Good times and I so look forward to next month.

one final thank-you though… This is to Jeff McLean for ordering/telling me to go play in Main instead of working it as safety marshal and trying to not let me get pulled out for safety stuff. I still wound up playing medic at one point but its to be expected I guess- I was nearby when the event happened and got grabbed right away.

But it was wonderful to be out there and involved.

Can’t wait for next month!!!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Dorn (Aradiel), Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
04 Nov 2014 17:13 #38 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic Nov 2014 Highlights.
~ Setting up Maralas’s Gaian altar and Angeliana’s Andorran altar next to one another in the Winterdark manor. Not sure if anyone saw, but I thought it made for a very nice calming atmosphere.

~ Being chosen by an Arch Angel of Andorra, having instant knowledge of all ceremonies, hearing much needed words of Andorra through her. Maria thank you for the awesome RP!

~ Forging the Staff of Syrith! Yay for being raised catholic, all those Italian and Latin prayers I had memorized came in handy with Andorra and her holy words thrown in here and there. Great RP here all around and the effects were awesome. Marika and Angeliana holding hands to stand as the Valosians kept getting hurt was awesome. Add battle against a malycite devil outside and two very empathic healers used one another for support. That was cool Sam :)
~ Bran and Grimkjell: “Don’t worry! It’s our blood.” -_- Zerkers…

~ Labelle vs. Edwin. This was a scene. Keavy’s reaction was well played by Dani, glad I was next to you.

~ Talking to William’s spirit and getting approval to save him with SCIENCE! Finding Dr Lois and thinking that’s a good match. Assisting her then puking when she expertly cracked open his ribs, sucked out the fluids and spit them into a cup… Crystal thanks for the compliment for asking if someone puked for real.

~ Raxas’s winterproof hookah tent. Amazing. Thanks Randy.

~ A fair trade with Atrus. Then very personal and deep RP with Alander and Atrus… way to twist every word Angeliana said John… damn Glomitte.

~ Chats with alternate Klarington and Verril. Voicing concern over meddling with time and gathering powerful weapons. Understanding and accepting their reasoning but worrying. Getting mocked by Klarington about the staff of Syrith, or so it seemed…

~ Offering to stay with Alternate Vim forever along with Godric and Belechand in exchange for Agrrevane and our friends going free. Vim trusting us. All of the turned pcs on that mod… ran out of FP, twice…

~ Watching Morwenne’s heart getting ripped out of her chest by a demon, saving her only to later find out she turned to ashes… shrimp spirit soup? Her persistence to be left alone.

~ Sitting to the Count’s left as per his request for wanting his personal healer with him at all times if possible. Getting the “recipe” for the “alchemical concoction” a man fed him in the kitchen which gave him fantastic amounts of energy.

~ Being uneasy and feeling bad for the oracle during feast. MB, I wanted to come over and hug you then feed you cake.

~ Going to main mod as the Fianna’s healer… cause Seamus and Bran… and they didn’t have a healer… cause derp. Duncan’s “advice” for Angeliana not to go and Bran coming to her defense with how awesome useful she is. That was touching (next day undone by the brothers before wenches comment).

~ Calling “no effect” to all Harvest your souls thrown at me. HUZZAH Soul Warden!

~ Font of Life + Divine Sanctuary = AWESOME when people around you are all in crit and you have already heal life’d them all. Screaming my head off for another healer and backup until I hear the following terrifying words from a masked NPC: “Alice, Entrophic Blast.” Well played… Lucky for us, when I go down, nearest ally heals 50, and that happened to be Therion HEHE :cheer:

~ Empathy Mastery being the most useful it has possibly been so far. I pulled something like 9 PCs out of crit who had run out of other options due to some silly amount of harvest your souls getting chucked around.

~ Undead Atrus, Therion putting up the focus barrier to instantly ash him. Stuff falling out. Bolton… I see what your handiwork has accomplished…

~ Longest Veil of creation EVER, by like a mile. Fanstastic RP by Atrus, only to find out Angeliana cannot bring herself to pull him through the final veil. Whomp whomp.

~ Best insanity RP witnessed. A++, later trying to have said insanities cured by begging Illana for help only to get her phsycoanalyze willpowered. GRR!

~ Learning a lesson unfinished by Atrus from Lady Angelica. Revelations... Aldric, yes, I know.

~ Confessions. Drinks! More drinks! Someone mentions Angeliana is ‘becoming’ an alcoholic, Bran laughs “She always has been”

Great weekend. Thanks for all the fun KR family, can’t wait until next time. <3

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
  • Thank Yous: 131
04 Nov 2014 17:30 #39 by Angry (Angryman86)
Replied by Angry (Angryman86) on topic Nov 2014 Highlights.
Well best to start at the beginning.

Lay on and get ready to play henchman for Zatar's insane act of lets get Bloodtide. Finish off being the last man to die I think and go back to logisitics to end up helping out James with working the stereo while he time warps into the inn. Then helped out Luis with playing a mage and died like the filthy peasant I was lol, tag skill? a house cat coulda killed me. Then it was back to the tent, yes that pop up behind the barracks in the holy Hannah cold weather.

Got up to see the wind and say to myself outta game sorry Matt and proceed to get ready to go smith, carrying my chain mail to work which did not see the light of day during game due to too chilly outside and the inn felt like a sauna. But while in said sauna got involved in the arrest of Collin Hayes for assault and theft. That poor lass didn't know when to quit lol and made that event great cause she was really trying to get away and trying to bribe us, threaten us.

And then it's time for tower mod, corpse trees...fun, the group got split in half, we find the trunk and I look at the smith alchemist next to me lets blow it up cause you know, forget magic. Then to be told it looks unhappy burning tree and we get wrecked pretty good and then just as trees start to die the poor wild mage I met inside of logistics gets surprised and burns a surge which causes a ring a fire at 5 ft radius which places me, the barbarian, inside and then que the freak out over the magic wall of fire and the poor girl(wish I was smart enough to get a name) got the yelling of a life time to the point of I think I almost saw tears.

Right after tower mod I grumble bout mages and head back to the armory to repair and just as I'm taking off my armor, the count is walking up to the barracks, he goes in, I take a seat outside to not interrupt. He comes back outside and we exchange words and he notices the incoming wave of baddies saying I best get inside. I go inside to tell Brigita that hey bad things outside and the count out there and grab the nearest weapon(cause you know dingbat I am left mine in the tent) and we go outside to assist and get blown up by a booby trap. Healed up and then go assist the yelling and screaming and discovery of scaremortals. Then back to the barracks for the repairs and out to feast.

Feast was good, helping clean up was fun aswell save for scrubbing burned food on enamel pot.

Main mod I didn't get to go on, just waited at the barracks for the return of friendlies and called it an early night.

Sunday got up to Role Play with Donald and A knight looking guy for shield training, got some pointers and my ass kicked. Role playing Ignore pain training, everyone seemed to enjoy that.

Angrin- Smith and Baronial Guard Initiate

Father Angrin McCoy, Baronial Quartermaster
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
04 Nov 2014 20:06 - 04 Nov 2014 20:14 #40 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic Nov 2014 Highlights.
For whatever reason, I was having a really lousy October, and this weekend helped me get rid of some of that funk, so thank-you everyone for that!

-Walking around with the Blood Tide group, though Swyft was appalled simply having to be near it. I got nice and duped by the group that jumped us Friday. The fellow leading it acted as though we knew each other, and I suck at remembering names generally, so I assumed (sigh!) we did and he tried to incapacitate me. But intercept is a thing, fortunately!

-Did a nice slide across gravel on my knees when I lost my footing dealing with some undead. Walking sucked entirely too much for the first chunk of Saturday to do more than sit somewhere... :(

-Time travel mods-- super cool! Kanas sweet talks swords stuck in trees!

-Lost every argument with Jed so hard that I spent most of the visit with my head on the table. Too bad Zathir was no help, agreeing right along with him! Sigh! Honestly I'm not even sure what we were arguing about by the end of it... but Jed made no secret of his enjoyment of my abysmal defeat.
Next time I'm bringing cue cards. And my OWN peanut gallery.

- Bolton you creepy mad scientist, you! No you may not have my eyes! Don't feed me that “for the greater good and SCIENCE!” nonsense! lol

-NPC shift was pretty great. Getting to be part of Goggins' army with Mecha Grim and Sky Captain Jun … freaking sweet. Our outfits, I must say, were one of my favorite aspects. I hope the players enjoyed the scenario!
P.S. I miss Mr. Goggins! :(

-Played disease causing dire wolves with Sam and interacting with Druid-Charlie! I had no idea Orophin could befriend animals, but how funny it must have looked with two wolves chilling with him. Until he dropped his sword on me by accident... lol.

-Harsh combat practice with Atrus. Perhaps I should not have said that I bet he couldn't hit me.
I lost. Lol.

-Getting squired by Lady Angelica! Aaahh! There was so much joy in that exchange! I am thrilled, absolutely thrilled!!! So excited for the future!

-Main mod was fantastic! The amount of creepiness just walking through that field was immense. You just knew those people were going to be getting up off those stands any moment...

-Getting to be in the Honor Guard with Zathir, Typhon and Na'ar was super awesome. Kensai powers! Zathir did an amazing job!

-Angeliana was like a superhero in this mod. If it wasn't for her, there would have been many more deaths. She had a circle of people who had been dropped to critical and was keeping them all alive. It was incredible. We both slammed through our healing points that night and panicked most of the mod. Good thing for Ethan!

-Hugging Atrus' soul back into his body in the Phokus! Hehe...

-Spooky exchange in Winterdark with Angeliana, Atrus and Zathir. Phokus walk Atrus is craziER Atrus and by the end of it, he had us convinced that there was something awful outside. Something that frightened HIM, lol.

Then Zathir and I had to go back alone.
After that.
It was bad.
We ran from a tree.

(I wish I was lying.)

-True Distant Heal lessons with Wylla! The best part was that we were attacked during it, so I got to show her how to do it in combat. Fun stuff. Love these lessons, Wylla! :) You're a fantastic healer.

-Clove stole my badge. He shoved the entire thing in his mouth when Wylla and I tried to retrieve it from him. That's dedication!
(He is so lucky I can't beat him up!)

-Speaking of which, the “I'm Pretty Sure This is a Bad Idea” willpower lesson from Atrus was just as horrifying as I thought it would be. Hell, I should have learned it just for going! Came back in one piece, though. Woohoo! (John, you logic so well, it's frustrating! Lol)

-Watching Edwin's response to a group that was thieving and tried to hold me hostage.

“If you hurt her at all, you will be hanging from five different trees.”

Thank-you, Charlie! <3

Overall a very fun weekend, filled with memorable experiences and people as always. I'm sure I have missed mention of awesome things, but not on purpose! I appreciate each and every interaction! Thank-you!

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
Last edit: 04 Nov 2014 20:14 by Swyft (agentswift).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Atrus (Atrus), Angeliana (Angeliana), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Wylla H. (Tifferzlives)
05 Nov 2014 12:29 - 06 Nov 2014 10:31 #41 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Nov 2014 Highlights.
-Coming into town with Galen

-Scrambling around town to collect materials and people
-Using the creation of the staff to counter the creation of Bloodtide for its smiths being a failed plan. Ilana just needs to think at Galladel harder.

-Mr. Sterling winding up being the primary smith of the staff "Is someone with my lack of belief going to cause an issue?"
"Just focus on whatever you do have faith in."

-Malyc spirit came back and ate a soul. It should have stuck with the dang healer. I also caught the tail end of this so have no idea what actually happened beforehand.

-Dwarven buddy coming late at night and foreshadowing.

-Trying to go to bed and constantly being interrupted by undead. Then the Galladelian duo run into the Demi-Lich. Alone. And run. We're brave, not stupid.

-Undead Gregory. Not sleeping :/

-A dinner date to save the Barony

-Meeting Orion McBride, Thunder, and Lightning. The 'witch hunter' mod was happening at the same time and I decided I'm always killing demons, I wanted to do something enjoyable. Good thing. The amount of mind controls was crazy (Ilana might have also pissed off a Fae. Oops)

-Immediately going to the Agravane Mod and risking my brain. Worth it. Also Angeliana trying to hold the sword and Ilana utterly confused because she missed the part where she's okay holding blades now. (I did too)

-Morwenne trying to leave us and Ilana just doing her best to remain calm about it. Them Ethan showing up and tempting him to stay as a person with head scritches.

-Running into Count vs. Town part 2. "I won't destroy it... Just kill her"

-Bloodtide shenanigans. GJ Bele

-May NPC of the month go to the haunt group during main mod? They were utterly amazing. I have no idea what was going on during main mod mostly because I was a resuscitate machine.

-Dark Druid near Xilinthax? Sounds awesome! Not getting back in time to explain why it was a terrible idea to go there. Hearing about the trip afterwards.

-Surprise Arani mod!

-Necromancer hanging out at the Inverted Tower?

-Sleeping through someone trying to get help. I clearly needed it >.o (Still feel awful)

-When Maja appeared, Ilana was so relieved. She said his name any chance she got during the event and pretended it would work like Corsair. Was a bit impressed by how many other people were happy to see him.

-Klarington running away from the problem. Alt Verril being a winner.

-People kind of wanting to stab Ilana when they had Bloodtide. She was amused. Especially when people started trying to guard her.

-Ilana was completely wrong about Elemental Warden (as well as everyone else) and felt a bit dejected. Now the big three need to figure it out together.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 06 Nov 2014 10:31 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Angeliana (Angeliana)
05 Nov 2014 12:50 #42 by Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn)
Replied by Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn) on topic Nov 2014 Highlights.
Such an epic event to first time pc...Where to begin?

- Arriving late with Cade and not having the connections to stay safely in a group. Told never to go anywhere without company, or bad things will happen. Ignoring said advice (because foolhardy, happy gypsies), and attempting to get to the Bloody Stump by ourselves for a very late night drink. Getting lost in the creepy woods. Running into the Guard and getting Duncan as an escort (safe at last!). Being stopped on a backwoods path by some ragged strangers asking for help. Their complete and efficient murder of Duncan in the blink of an eye. Immediately followed by all four of my limbs being flung in different directions as I get slaughtered. Cade gets away screaming bloody murder, and a large rescue party manages to find us and heal me. Welcome to Travance, where you die horrible deaths within hours of arrival! Couldn't have asked for a more terrifying and entertaining way to set the scene for the rest of the weekend.

- Epic hookah tent with good company and conversations involving teddy bears and skulls that I never imagined having before that moment.

- Mushroom mod with the new players. Cade and myself falling in with Colin and Val. Our ragtag gypsy pirate crew is going to have many strange and dangerous adventures, most of which will be instigated by our own shenanigans and foolhardiness (but wherever the Captain leads, we must follow...and rescue). Can't wait to see where the wind takes us next!

- Inverted tower mod, and having knowledge of traps and dexterous fingers come in handy much sooner in my career than anticipated. "Don't worry guys, I can disarm it!" Trap resets. "Sorry guys, it's still there and I'm all out of tools! Anyone have extras? Oh I was the only one? Alright who wants to jump through!"

- Meeting Alexander and being mentored in the way of Shenanigans.

- Main Mod. Holy Hades Halitosis that was terrifying. Seeing the lights and the field of scarecrows and immediately recognizing that survival was going to be difficult. Mad props to everyone involved in the prep and orchestration! The intensity and scope the whole way was just phenomenal.
- Getting split off from the main group of new players. Val and myself finding ourselves alone in the highest tier of the action. Panicking at our immanent doom. Val's use of Cloak of the Green working until the very last monster. "Sense life! 26 magic! 26 magic! 26 magic! 26 magic! 26 magic!" Val drops and I sprint away."Sorry Val, I'll come back for youuuuuuuuuu!" Reuniting soon after with a healed Val, and finally finding the rest of our group. The overwhelming feelings of relief at that. The Captain's Crew sails on!

-Going back to the caravan with Cade to prep for NPC shift, only to be accosted there by a group of six trolls. The panic on our faces as Cade I look at each other with the realization that our low-levels selves are going to be utterly decimated and there is no one anyone near by to come save us. Cade's epic levels of bs and fighting prowess on display as he draws the leader into the dark for me to Waylay him and hide back in the shadows. Cade dumping the unconscious body on our steps and continuing to bs about our strength. Trolls leaving in great fear and respect of our abilities. Our mini freakouts after that we are still alive and that our plan worked without even having time to create a plan. Andrew, our chemistry is stupid to have been able to pull that off. It's going to be hard to feel more like Kings of the Con than at that moment.

- NPC shift leading to some of the most ridiculous things I've seen yet. Screaming our lungs out for over an hour as kobold elementalists trying to bring winter early (and being told later that we could be heard in literally every land). Dropping two PCs and our increasingly over-the-top attempts to bring attention to them to get them rescued. Very land turning a deaf ear to us even when we moved right in front of a building and blatantly yelled about performing human sacrifices to bring on Winter. "We're literally murdering people right now! Will anyone dare to stop us?" Sorry guys, we tried! I can't wait to hear more about the fallout I'm sure that this craziness caused.

All in all, a brilliant event. To think that it's only going to get better from here makes me giddy!

Tanwyn, Cael

"We align the stars."
Head of the Tanwyn Familia

OOG: Nic White
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), JTinney (Swordsaint), Croínamara (Jen), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday), Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
05 Nov 2014 15:06 #43 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic Nov 2014 Highlights.
This event was so good. I had a lot of RP that helped Billliamm with the nudge in the right direction.

1. Yelling at Klarington when he showed up, doubting him the entire time.

2. Hanging around with Billliamm's lady love Kit was pretty awesome

3. being the corrupting voice of Bloodtide, all you wielders are great. Big shout out to the keavy count showdown

4. Feast and the hilarity. Butter your bread

5. Going back in time to bamboozle, for the greater good

6. Talking with Ethan and his belief spurned/reminded Billliam to do the right thing always. Helped reinforce godric's opinion and advice

7. Getting blessed by Malyc for using chaos for all the right reasons. Only person to get detrmented when I lost 5 minor insanities and 1 major. Chaos happens bro

8. Practicing my songs, but not quite ready to perform them at feast.

9. Orion McBride mod was fun to write, run, and npc. I hope everyone had a blast, and a faerie is immortal 900 years isn't a long time for revenge.

10. Pal-ing around with alander, hurgar, ardin, and kit at different points.

11. Pendarvin hang outs friday and delicious sushi

I am sure there is more but that is what i got so far.

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen)
06 Nov 2014 09:20 #44 by Hazel Storm (HazelStorm)
Replied by Hazel Storm (HazelStorm) on topic Nov 2014 Highlights.
What an adventure this weekend. Quite a bit happened.

Friday night was interesting. Naar taught Hazel neutralize poison by having Typhon poison him! Hazel was so upset she asked Galen for help. She was so angry at Naar for hurting himself for the lesson! She forgave him though it still upset her.

Saturday so much happened, Hazel got drunk for the first time. Angelina bought her a dragon's breath and the bartender gave Hazel an ale and then something of his own brew then he dragged Hazel into helping set up for feast. Which would be interesting since she had never done that before. Just like Amizar publishing her poem in the Chronicle, new and exciting. Thank you for that Amizar.
Talking with Nalick thank you for trusting me. Then before setting up catching up with Naar and him teaching me Sustain Life, now that lesson was so much more fun then the Neutralize Poison lesson. Soon enough it was time to set up for feast. Now that was actually fun. Taliya asked for help serving feast that was kinda fun though we were so busy. Have to say it was a great turn out for feast glad everyone seemed to enjoy it. After feast talking with Kit so much fun thank you for the advice it was very helpful. Staying at the Inn during main mod and finally being able to catch up with Clytie and telling her about Naar and I.
Finding out my instincts were right about main mod and talking with Walter when he returned, worrying about Naar thanking Gaia he came back safe. Bloodied finally being finished feeling ill at that, and Clytie asking when we can destroy the thing. Being kicked out of the Inn till they fixed the air horn going to the barn for a little bit well they figured that out.
Going out with Naar and when we came back I got to totally destroy an undead with healing now that was quite fun.

Sunday was windy and cold but not too bad there could have been snow. Watching Naar write ballads was interesting, spending time with Rowan and listening to her play was beautiful. All in all a great weekend.

Hazel Storm - "Keep calm and let it go."

OOG: Heather Kissling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
06 Nov 2014 12:47 - 06 Nov 2014 12:47 #45 by Brokk Ironjaw (derekkonn)
Replied by Brokk Ironjaw (derekkonn) on topic Nov 2014 Highlights.
Second event full-timing, and it was awesome. What a great collection of players, staff, and crew; the dedication to your craft and roles is aparent at all times. Be proud and stay true to the game. To the guys/gals in the kitchen; THANK-YOU! You're the true heroes here, especially the food & coffee deliveries to logistics ;)

...and now for the highlights!

-demon body guard Friday night, getting wailed on by about 30 people, falling backwards and busting my ass hard on a large rock. Immediately started wondering how I would possibly begin to explain it to my boss if I actually got hurt and had to miss work...

-played a lesser demon Saturday and getting told by a few people that my make up looked like Darth Maul. Haha, whoops.

-on that same mod, getting tripped constantly by a certain Mage lady, then actually tripping into bushes as I was trying to pretend to trip. Hopefully no one noticed... Haha

-Mithril Golem muscle-suit!!11!1!

-Grasping w/roots pretty much everyone!

-all the nice conversations with everyone all weekend, and all the yucks at feast ("Look at my last name! Apparently, I'm no longer Jewish; I'm....ITALIAN!!!")

-logistics shenanigans all weekend. Again, whatta great staff! Special shout-out to the lovely lady who swapped me her clean-up detail; <3 +10!

See you all next month!

-Derek K
Last edit: 06 Nov 2014 12:47 by Brokk Ironjaw (derekkonn).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
08 Nov 2014 22:17 - 08 Nov 2014 22:18 #46 by Sojourner Dusk (SD1976)
Replied by Sojourner Dusk (SD1976) on topic Nov 2014 Highlights.
Second KR Event, though first as a PC.

- Took first NPC shift, and was part of the crew assigned to attack the barracks to serve as a distraction while an attempt was made to steal Bloodtide. Listening to the din from the melee that occurred outside the Inn was amusing, although we did still set the barracks on fire. Also, thanks to PCs not paying attention, I managed to burn through all the tag skills on the card I had over an eight minute period. I was eventually dropped by a Kensei swinging 60, but I was satisfied with the mayhem caused.

- Stayed on after 02:00 to help with a Mod, expecting to be done quickly. Coordinating ambush strategies with the other NPCs around the tree, only to have the Marshall come back and say "You should rush them now." *sigh* Getting repeatedly held at bay, despite being the only NPC without Break Limb and/or Tsunami. I did end up breaking a few armors and weapons, though. Also, I'd like to apologize to the PCs for breaking character. I was exhausted and have no idea how I was even still standing at 03:00 when I got back to Logistics...

- Some rest, and Kenta's first morning in Travance starts with complications. I thought I had two Baronial notes for breakfast, since I had no IG money. Nope. Negotions are made to come back after Feast to help with cleanup as compensation.

- A game of chess against Edwin. Ten moves in, and I know this is going to be more challenging than I've played in years. Thirty moves in, I change strategies from trying to win (slim odds anyway, as I'm out of position) to gaining a better understanding of my opponent.

- Trying to find out the Laws of the Barony on two different instances results in A) accidentally making contact with the Rogues' Guild, and B) having a discussion with Anhil about the number of laws which have loopholes.

- Telling the story of Godsbane, and the look in the Scribe's eyes as the tale unfolds.

Zasshu Kenta
OOG: Brandon D.
Last edit: 08 Nov 2014 22:18 by Sojourner Dusk (SD1976).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sister Danae (Danae), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
09 Nov 2014 15:05 #47 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic Nov 2014 Highlights.
This was probably the first event where I didn't get involved with plot and yet I still had an amazing time! I did not get a chance to go on any of the time travel mods because of either other duties or Bloodtide.

Friday:
Intro mod - Meeting Valanye who is similar to Keavy in some ways, and being very eager to teach her everything!

Saying "Yes I'm a celt now." in the middle of sentences while talking to people.

Zach: -as his demon to another player- Terror!!
Me: -hops in front- TERROR!
Zach: You DARE try to terrify me?! A demon lord!? Mind of Chaos!!
Me: -puts insanity catching poke ball on belt- :D

Labelle vs Edwin- knowing full well they could both probably destroy me but trying to stop them anyway.

Finally receiving Bloodtide - Oh the excitement and nerves!! Didn't get to do much on Friday night with it but I loved the role-play that I started to develop with it.

Saturday:
Secret morning mod with Zach and Walter, following Caelvan as he traced special tracks.

LM shift! Watching Bill become mechanized and wondering whyyyyyy

Coming back into game and following Buckles around while he held Bloodtide.

Druid Fallow mod!!! This was a very key point for Keavy and Bloodtide. As Keavy and other druids were chanting around the banshee, Buckles dropped and wasn't holding Bloodtide. Keavy couldn't let it sit or be taken by someone else so she broke away and grabbed Bloodtide, then berserking and attacking the scare mortals. Drool for added effect!

From that point on the role-play with Bloodtide was super inteeeeense! Gene's dialogue as Bloodtide was awesome too and really helped set the level of RP I needed to show.

Twitching and repeating phrases is eerily fun (aka being crazy)

Reaching the point of almost 150 kills = super happy fun time ALMOST DIE BY THE COUNT/MIRRORMERE MOMENT! Could not have been more scared in my life, but I also loved every minute of it.

Reaching 150 kills!! Psychotic Keavy is awesome.

Feast in a tent! Good food and good company.

Then, an intense moment with a bunch of people in the statehouse trying to take Bloodtide from Keavy. Belegchand's ruse and everyone surrounding Keavy leading up to the statehouse being trapped. Then handing it off to Tari.

Main Mod:
"Oh god we're the adults now."
"When did we become the adults?!"

Steve's damn construct! rendlimbrendlimbrendlimbrendlimbslayeviscerate! Okay Steve, I'm on the ground.

Almost losing Caelvan, but then having Magnus paladin save him.

Finding out Anhil died, being there for his reanimation.

Being promised to have Bloodtide back for the battle of Balfurous.

Going back to research the leaves found on the secret morning mod, and gaining access to the Putrid Grove and the Putrid Huntman Cormac. Crazy intense RP!!!

Having a spat with Caelvan after said mod.

Sunday:
Wode!

Almost dying from time and space ripping apart!

Cloak of the Green/ Gift of the Predator lesson.

Listening in on Gideon's Vanguard lesson from Caelvan

Excited and nervous for next event!!!!

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
10 Nov 2014 10:47 #48 by Hazel Storm (HazelStorm)
Replied by Hazel Storm (HazelStorm) on topic Nov 2014 Highlights.
Thank you and your welcome

Hazel Storm - "Keep calm and let it go."

OOG: Heather Kissling
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.793 seconds