Dec 2014 Highlights

• geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
03 Dec 2014 10:11 - 05 Dec 2014 15:18 #31 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Dec 2014 Highlights
I had a lot of nice RP experiences, but what can compare to being the Chosen (and possessed by the god) Champion of Valos?

I had to obtain BloodTide without using brute force. This led to my pleading (Edwin actually repeatedly said "please" which was James' idea, and as he was Valos, who was I to argue) with Keavy for her to relinquish the weapon. Naturally, very few believed I was divinely possessed. Surprisingly, my least favorite member of the ordained clergy, Br. Aldric, immediately accepted the situation.

Later, had a conversation with Keavy in which I mentioned that our characters only interact when high drama is afoot. I suggested that when the weather is nice in the srping, we take a nice walk and picnic.

From a RP POV, the current situation is interesting, as Edwin has very little memory as to what I did, and have only my right arm (thank you Gene, for grabbing my left, as I am right handed).
This will give me an opportunity to see exactly how unreliable eyewitness accounts are.

Feast was first rate, and I apologize for barking at the room. Ree and crew did a bang up job, particularly when one considers half the oven space in the kitchen was down. Carving 65+ pounds of prime rib left my hands cramped for a while. OTOH, I was full before the meal was served. I got really good at popping morsels into people's mouths without touching their lips.

Pendarvin vassal meeting. It was much easier when our lord was a Sorcerer.

Some nice talks with Swyft, one of which included Astrid.

Snowball fight - people gave me snowballs, as I cold not make them with one arm. It was easier to throw people

More later, if I think of any.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Last edit: 05 Dec 2014 15:18 by geezer (geezer).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
03 Dec 2014 18:04 #32 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Dec 2014 Highlights
OH ADD ON because I just remembered them:

Shout out to Alisia for pretending to vomit any time Ava and Orophin were remotely romantic.

Shout out to Diane for the comment that Ava and Orophin were good for each other. It makes Christine chuckle and Ava go "..." and want to blush and hide.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
03 Dec 2014 20:04 - 03 Dec 2014 20:10 #33 by Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday)
Replied by Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday) on topic Dec 2014 Highlights
Sorry for being more removed this month, I definitely wasn’t equipped for winter in Travance.
Everybody was asking me questions about my PC which was sweet…
it was nice to see all the familiar faces back for December!! I hope I can interact with ya'll sometime soon.
I hope I have what it takes to learn Lore: Potato after this month’s feast. I remember us discussing the concept of a potato gun full of spackets which was hilarious.
Had a lot of fun chumming it up with the kitchen staff!! You guys rock. Didn’t personally attend Magnus’ midnight mod though had a lot of fun with the alliteration too.
See you in January???
See you in January.

I'll bring wool socks.

**☠☠☠☠CAPTAIN☠☠☠☠** Collin Hayes
(Former) Captain of the King of Herrings
[hr][OOG: Morgan]
Last edit: 03 Dec 2014 20:10 by Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
04 Dec 2014 12:16 - 04 Dec 2014 12:19 #34 by Mother Marika (Ophelia)
Replied by Mother Marika (Ophelia) on topic Dec 2014 Highlights
1214 Season Finale of Knight Realms. Fantastic!

Friday:
-Church mission "Wait, if it happened three days ago..."
"That's right, everything refreshes." Angeliana and Marika buffing the HELL out of everyone. Sustain and Preserve Life and Resist for EVERYONE!!!
-Light Mass in Kaledonia. This was the first time Marika has ever spoken at Mass and not turned into a terrified blob of uncertainty. It was a very comfortable atmosphere and my nerves were completely gone.
-Krampus "Have you been a good girl?"
"Well...people tell me I'm a paragon of good..." Gets a shiny bauble. Whoohoo!
-Chiv-alley. 'Nuff said.
-Having an almost hour long conversation about ice-cream and various desserts with Mary-Rose and Chuck. I can't remember the last time I laughed so much!
-It's a cursed object? Throw it at Marika! They're cursed? Throw them at Marika! They're wounded? Throw them at Marika! The combination of healer, hunter and Gaian priest never has been used so much at one time...

Saturday:
-Wake up to see Jed and Atrus in the monastery. "Wh-wha-? *bleary eyed*" Awkward Glommite Mass was awkward.
-Setting up the craft table with Rosette and Trisana. People should buy our things (shameless advertising).
-Standing in for the Grey dragon in Dragoon mod. Apparently Marika is gregarious enough.
-Feast was delicious.
Main Mod:
-I've never worn woad before. But this was the fight against one of the toughest demons ever. Which is what Marika fight against. So when Bran asked, "Would it be ok if I gave you the same woad that Shamis wore?" I almost cried a bit. That moment, right there. She went into battle with her husband's hammer, his lineage legacy, and his war-paint.
-Being asked if I was going to be staying in the Triage and just responding by raising an eyebrow like "Seriously? You think I'm NOT gonna be on that battlefield?"
-Running around like a nutjob with the other Soul Wardens jumping in front of people to take the Death Pulse and "No effect" shielding them. And also running around shouting "STOP YOUR DEATH COUNT" to anyone within appropriate radius on the floor.
-Snow + hill= sore calves.

Not much happened Sunday as I left early. But I got to witness the beheading of my brand-new student. The Gaian in me cried a bit and winced. The Hunter in me just thinks "Well, I TOLD you that you were signing your own death."

Master Marika Korsova Laurent Belmont
Priestess of Galmachis
Soul Warden
Shadow Hunter
"For eternity."

Doctor Winifred Sterling
"Oh dear...now I'll have to cut it out...again..."

OOG- Samantha Maksoud
Logistics Marshal

"Intelligence is the wife, imagination is the mistress, memory is the servant."-Victor Hugo
Last edit: 04 Dec 2014 12:19 by Mother Marika (Ophelia).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Angeliana (Angeliana), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
04 Dec 2014 18:13 #35 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic Dec 2014 Highlights
Good end of the world event.

From the beginning:

Being voluntold to represent Drega'mire in chatting with Don'Kellard. 'Twas good fun, love moments where Annora gets exasperated with elven racism. Flattery will get you everywhere. Cordial chat was cordial?

Logistics random ideas resulting in Krampus…Chris, you looked awesome.

Way too early Saturday morning, I am dead to the world asleep.
Swyft comes in: "Annora, thought you would want to know, Xashe is sitting in the other room"
Mental monologue: "what?!?! i need to get up for this. but i don't wanna get up. tired. blarghargh. argh. grr. why oh why do i have to be responsible. i'm going to regret not being there for this later. i hate you steve" *grumpily drags self out of bed*
Xashe "chats" and Glommite theology.

Going to the dragoon cairn for the first time and participating in the ritual to find the Verdranne blades.

Accidentally attending Chronicler mass. Should accidentally attend again.

Team Intercept on main mod. We stuck to Angelica like glue!
Tori starting to channel Judge with her dreamcasting descriptions.
And, damn, that obelisk looked both impressive and ominous.

Philidin! Missed you, buddy. Good having you back.

Snowball fight!
All druids should learn instinct in winter.

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes), Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
05 Dec 2014 13:51 #36 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic Dec 2014 Highlights
Can't believe I forgot to mention this...

Angeliana: "Utgard I need your help!" (After difficult convo with Amalthea)
Utgard: "Sure. What do you need?"
Angeliana: "Physical demonstration of your love for her" (points at Amalthea as she positions Utgard to hug Amalthea from behind where she is sitting) "She needs consoling."

The following moment made me almost cry for real... Utgard wrapped his arms around Amalthea protectively and lovingly, Amalthea rested her head on his chest, they both closed their eyes and smiled contently and stayed put for a moment.

I am jealous of the love you two share. <3 Thank you for letting me witness it.

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
07 Dec 2014 01:01 #37 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic Dec 2014 Highlights
Quick jot of highlights lest I forget. May go back and fill in some details later.

So much intense RP from a lot of players
LM shift Krampus shenanigans
Simultaneous kill of Balfurous with Ilana
Post Main Mod Morgazzi scene
Bloodtide closure
Shenanigans as Malakai

May or may not be at the winter festival, but can't wait till the next!

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
07 Dec 2014 22:17 #38 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic Dec 2014 Highlights
OHMYGOD I FORGOT GRIM AND SINDARION SINGING
OMFGODDDDDDDDDDD
man, for someone who showed up for less than five hours, I sure got some sicknasty wicked highlights.
You guys are dynamite.

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sindarion (Steven SA), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday)
19 Dec 2014 08:24 #39 by Hazel Storm (HazelStorm)
Replied by Hazel Storm (HazelStorm) on topic Dec 2014 Highlights
So much to talk about this month. Starting with actually having a room! Getting there late and there being beds available it was nice. Having to NPC main mod, that was a little nerve wracking but at least I was able to sleep Friday night and enjoy midnight mass in Kaladonia. Mass was amazing, Caldor you did such a great job though it was chilly I was given another cloak to wear over mine to keep warm. Thank you Nalick for taking such good care of me. Thank you Caldor for starting my Druid training I enjoyed it. Looking forward to continuing my training and learning more about being a Druid. Healing Nalick was interesting as well. Thank you for trusting me with that. You are such a great friend.
So NPCing main mod was actual a lot of fun. I was really nervous about it but my new and old friends gave me courage to get through it and I thank them for that. Our scenery for main mod was beautiful. White balloons with blue glow sticks in them. It was a little chilly but with warmers I hardly felt it. Being a Devotee of Balfurious was interesting as was carrying a sword. Then being able to be elements as well. Then dying and coming back more powerful. Almost getting killed by James cause he thought I was a PC that was so much fun especially when he apologized to me. Freezing the ground so everyone slipped and fell which was all true with the snow being so slick. One of the best parts my last death being killed by Balfurious now that was so hilarious! Being killed by the god that I followed so interesting. Kate you did a great job with setup by the way loved it, so amazing!
Finishing my NPC shift and Naar finishing my heal sensory elements lesson with help from Talya thank you for that. Sitting with Nalick as he learned a new song which was very familiar to me. The hanging tree I believe, kinda creepy and dark but a sort of good song. Sitting with Clytie, Nalick, Time Veril, and two others sorry I am not too good with names. The small fight between Clytie and Nalico glad you worked it out then finally going to bed all and all fun weekend.
The next day bringing in my alt Fauna Tinuviel Star and totally confusing everyone she met. Meeting Amizar and finding out about her sister Hazel and her relationship with Naar and learning advance lit thank you for that and all the info you have Fauna. Finding out more about Hazel from Gwynedd and learning unlike herself Hazel is still learning to control her empathic ability and finding out how Naar taught her sister Neutralize Poison. She was so angry about that and plans to give Naar a piece of her mind when she talks to him again. Meeting Nalick and him offering to show her around and introducing her to some of Hazel's friends she really likes Clytie and Little Bear. Nalick you are so sweet thank you for everything looking forward to the friendship growing. Meeting Hazel's mentor Caldor and totally confusing him. Your face was priceless not sure Fauna is too thrilled with her sister learning to be a Druid but being brought up by High Eleves herself does explain that a little bit. Heading back to the Inn and ending with a snowball fight! Now that was the best way to end the weekend.

Hazel Storm - "Keep calm and let it go."

OOG: Heather Kissling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.558 seconds