Second Annual Winter Festival 2014 Highlights

22 Dec 2014 10:47 #1 by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
Second Annual Winter Festival 2014 Highlights was created by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
The Winter Festival was just awesome all around, deep role play, intense political story lines, the just sheer awesome games and events for everyone.

Even more now, as the geopolitical winds shift from all sides aboard, the course of action Agryll takes to show his allegiance to Sir Cypher, not by Vassaling unto Ostcliff, but rather to Sir Cypher himself. (Gus your a role playing machine, playing both sides at the same time by letting people reach their own conclusions, not even a slight hint to see his voice change...but there none the less.The first time I have seen someone role play the do nothing attitude, very deep, at times I as a bit nervous for the next step. Thanks for the advice btw)

The open source of outing myself for using Necromancy scrolls. I did inform allies and thusly the Count himself. The role play with Lt. Bat Cooper was really intense at times.
Morwenne teaching just how foul Black Sorcery truly is. I'm still opposed to Nercomancy, but if I have any room to speak on the matter, the strongest of White Magic or Andorran prayers have been used for harm, and the darkest of prayers and magic used for good, it is the wielder whom is the root. We can't solve every problem with violence. I did what I did as an out, wasn't right, but it worked, Argyll hates the evil in most Necromancers...but who is trying to harm Argyll by threats and conspiracy theories?

I will still continue my quest to bring the Black Sorcerer of the Inverted Tower to justice...with new gear and toys for the hunt.

Who Guards the Guard? The Guard is working out many different types of issues...what happens next?

On to lighter highlights, all the games that took place. The bar was booming with several games...I was not so good at time...Mavith just took it home with a few games.

Congrats to Kanas for winning the marshal combat competition.
The other competitions, were really great to see as well.

Special thanks to Steve and Tory for all there work behind the bar. James for not killing all of us at the fire wow...idk how we could have messed up more. Charlie...You were totally right, I ate two bowls of stew. I was super hungry.

Great time, thank you to all of you. I'm hoping to see you all at the Awards ceremony. Until next...

Del Dragon, Argyle
(OOC: Forest Dougan)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
22 Dec 2014 11:17 #2 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Second Annual Winter Festival 2014 Highlights
A+ Festival would festival again.
In no particular order

-Team Chaos winning scavenger hunt. Woooo

-Not brooding and then sudden brood fest with Orophin when Swyft started delivering her news all excitedly.

-Serious and not so serious talks with Orophin, Jack, Morwenne and some others.-Pie and chesse and crackers from Yoshimatsu.

-Jack's "Ava you should join the guard" Bat Cooper's talk with her and Jack and Bat telling her that "She was definitely combat ready" but not sure if she was patience ready.

-Calder's Alt....omg. HR already!

-Good times overall. Most relaxed Ava has been for a while!

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
22 Dec 2014 13:20 #3 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic Second Annual Winter Festival 2014 Highlights
Oh my goodness, what a day!

Jed renouncing Glomm? Saying that he felt love and "it ain't so bad?" It was a Reclamation Day miracle! I cannot wait to see where this goes!

Seriously mad props to all the RP that happened, it was phenomenal. Everyone who I spoke with and showed papers to and dragged to the shack was amazing. I still have no idea who the invisible shadowy person Padme was playing was but she seemed very angry and I was very sure that I was very dead when she began to follow me out of the Alissandria statehouse.

Judge was fantastic, never breaking character, playing the appropriately confused/condemned/lost. All the papers he printed out that had Light scriptures and such on them, (some neutral and dark, too) the white robe he stared at on his altar... the awkward silences and random outbursts... Stellar, just stellar!

Great RP with Arden in the shack, trying to figure things out and talking about dragons and ponds turning over. Being ordered to leave by a disgruntled Draven though, was awful. Apparently the Lord of Alissandria thought we should not be near scary shadow lady.

I had so much fun bursting into the inn (in joy this time) and going up to people, excitedly proclaiming that Jed had renounced Glomm and has seen the Light. Of course there were many doubtful, but as time went on and as Jed came to the inn, folks warmed up to the idea, which is great!!!

Getting to interact with Kendrick and Godrick was just... a real treat, honestly. Godrick, our conversation at the end of the night, oh my goodness.

Spending time in Pendarvin was great! Fun times!

Shee and Steve French... Lesson with Lawrence...

All the rp with Alissandria!

Good times with Calder!

Accidentally hitting nobles around the Count, who must have said he was full like fourteen times.

Good food!

Astrid's delicious baked goods at the Pendarvin games!

I'm sure there is more I'm missing. This was an amazing festival! So excited I got to be involved in the stuff I did!

Thanks!

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Mistress Jade (Jade), Tycho Montresor (Tycho Montresor), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
22 Dec 2014 13:43 #4 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic Second Annual Winter Festival 2014 Highlights
Conversation with Bat Cooper. Very enlightening.
Conversations with the Count. Oh my.

Being social with my fellow Blood Spirits
Burk and smithing... Lots of it
Walking the camp not on high alert
Twice

Finding a possible home to camp in...

Fall out.

Jed's gift. Lol no idea about the change.

Counts gift after catching him in my arms....wrap it in that it's yours now.

Cloves special real bone gift. Gator! Yum!!

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
22 Dec 2014 15:19 #5 by Tycho Montresor (Tycho Montresor)
Replied by Tycho Montresor (Tycho Montresor) on topic Second Annual Winter Festival 2014 Highlights
A really enjoyable event!
I like events like this one: no big threat, no minions to fight. This leaves plenty of time for RP and exploring aspects of character that I don't often find the time for.

Special mention: Swyft and Arden, for some thoughtful and deep RP conversation. That was a lot of fun!
( Arden: When Jed is going to... umm, "look at the lake", just let him go, mmkay? :P )

Tycho Montresor
Viceroy of Alisandria

OOG: Cameron S.
Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
22 Dec 2014 15:50 #6 by Mistress Jade (Jade)
Replied by Mistress Jade (Jade) on topic Second Annual Winter Festival 2014 Highlights
-Loved being "randomTownsperson #4" with good cake for the Count!

-Jaxuarian Speed and Ulrich disarming Theo during the game!

-Swyft's reaction at the shack (and all the RP that went along with that) = priceless

- RP with Jed at the Shack

-RP with Dimitri

....OK really...ALL the amazing RP with everyone I encountered throughout the day. I LOVE RP days where you can really focus on what's in front of you without having to watch over your back every two seconds! LOL

Jade
Mistress Black Orchid Merchant Company
Captain of The Water Lily
Alisandria

OOG Padma
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Swyft (agentswift), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
22 Dec 2014 18:25 #7 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic Second Annual Winter Festival 2014 Highlights
Donald MacFhionnlaigh: the best kept secret in Travance. Seriously, not even the count knows me.

Donald got a present. yaay!

and Mother Remi. Seriously, Mother, if you get grey horns trying its not my fault.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
23 Dec 2014 00:08 #8 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic Second Annual Winter Festival 2014 Highlights
Hmmm.... A good event, if lightly attended.

Some thoughts....

Kanas winning the Martial event? That's what I get for not signing up in time. :P
Walking with the Count. Entertaining to watch interactions...
Question and Answer session with His Grace....
"I heard the Blood Spirits are looking for a contract...."
Visited the The Wigwam and it is awesome.
The stews were excellent.
Conversations were just as good. One hopes more is to be had.

On a side note.... the builders of the bonfire were obviously not boyscouts.

Steve and Tori- you two looked like y'all was having fun tending bar.

A generally good relaxing time to be had... and needed.

See everyone at Banquet and Jan Event!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
  • Brian T.
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You cannot escape me, even through death.
  • Thank Yous: 186
23 Dec 2014 21:58 #9 by Brian T. (Renthios)
Replied by Brian T. (Renthios) on topic Second Annual Winter Festival 2014 Highlights
"It's Baronially sanctioned...." - the theme of the bar this past festival.

The levels of Dead Man's Cups. Afternoon Delight, Dirt Nap, and Goodnight Moon.

Hanging out at the bar making money barking for the games, while watching people trying to buy back their gambled body parts.

Watching James get stabbed by Rodney the Scorpion playing said drinking games as the Count, and then having to go sit down in the next room with a little help from some townsfolk.

Teaching arts -and- crafts.

Enjoying delicious stew.

OOG: Brian T.
Marshal
  • Imrahil
  • I hear, and I forget; I see, and I remember; I do, and I understand.
  • Thank Yous: 216
23 Dec 2014 23:53 - 23 Dec 2014 23:59 #10 by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
Replied by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett) on topic Second Annual Winter Festival 2014 Highlights
I'd like to start with my thanks to Gus, Zach, Kayla, Charlie, Steve, and Tori (with honorable mention to Matt C. and Mark) for the hump-busting to make sure folks had a fun event.

Finally got to attend a game knight. Only packed in a game of Adventure Time Munchkin. It could use less curses... Renee's Lady Rainicorn's gender swap curse underlines why I always play Beemo. Karen gets Flame Prince-er-Ess spec built. Kevin gets Finn the truce-breaker. Alex's Jake was Jakely. Tori takes a limit break overkill win!

Charlie the real mensch. Shrimp and scallop curry makes happy sleepings. Coffee and bagels make for happy mornings for the caffieneohydrate monster. You've certainly motivated Brendan for Pendarvin, but Imrahil has his reasons to wear red and black. :lol:

Had a blast at the Pendarvin martial tournament, even with that low blow. Kanas was hungry and it showed!

I hope the folks who got to go on the flower mod had as much fun as the npc's did! Implant suggestion and riddle of confusion are too much fun! I swung 7 butter on someone in that mod... "You're pretty sure someone in that group just dropped a massive fart: Implant suggestion." :lol:

Some time for greater-than-surface-depth rp with a lot of folks. Dominic and Sir Pluvious certainly get some points this go round. Tycho gave me the kind of small talk meeting that implies I should get some deeper rp time with him in the future. Watchlist includes Maevith, the Blood Spirits - all, Erik, Dr. Armitage, Shee and Lawrence.

It's all water under the fridge. With Steve French and Oscar Goldman.

The fire at Pendarvin being much more boyscoutly.

Swyft's Disney/Jed's Aronofsky movie.

Learning of Carmac, and his candle. It doesn't even smell nice.

Imrahil

-Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

(Amos Oberjonois - Trapper and Spirit Speaker)

OOG - Brendan Barrett
Kitchen marshal
Last edit: 23 Dec 2014 23:59 by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), geezer (geezer), Jack (Keeperofdice), Sindarion (Steven SA), Swyft (agentswift), Tycho Montresor (Tycho Montresor), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
26 Dec 2014 21:00 #11 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic Second Annual Winter Festival 2014 Highlights
-The Disappointment Bar, here on this Day of Disappointment.

-Seaweed.

-Lessons from Tyros

-Team Druid scavenger hunt.

-Dr. Seuss mod.

-i finally know the good bagels place, after going to kr for how long...

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Tyros (Tyros), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • AmovBC
  • Thank Yous: 7
01 Jan 2015 13:08 #12 by AmovBC (amovingtarget)
Replied by AmovBC (amovingtarget) on topic Second Annual Winter Festival 2014 Highlights
This was one of my best days at KR ever. I simply had no idea that you could pack so much fun into a single day!

I arrive at KR and go straight to the bar. I end up playing bar games (I think it was called deadman's glasses or something), where I had to pick a shot to drink out of 6, and one might be poisoned. My attempt went something like this:

Me: Okay, so risks are there to be taken, so I'll pick the really obvious, really pretty glass in the center. "Drinks glass"

Bartender: "smirks" death poison.

Me: "smirks back" ignore poison.

Bartender & the people watching: :O

Bartender: "eyeing me more wearily now" you appear to have quite a strong stomach for drinks, sir...!

Me: "smiling" indeed!

He still had to pay me the money because, as far as he knew IG, I wasn't dying so I must not have drank the poison >:D

I ended up getting enough gold to double my bank from those bar games, and later on I learned how to play blackjack (kind of)!

Awesome bonfire telling stories and singing songs.

Learning skills, and discussing everything from luxury goods to magic with Haroldson.

All around, one of my favorite events ever so far in my short career at KR, and I look forward to seeing you all again soon!

-Amov Entus

OOG - Ben C.

“True courage is not fighting without fear, but in spite of it.”
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
01 Jan 2015 18:32 #13 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Second Annual Winter Festival 2014 Highlights
Taught a few lores, fairly obscure

Nice talk about magic with Aria (Nicole) and Amov, although Amov and I originally were speaking about other topics

Learning how to be a one-armed man. May change name to Richard Kimball.

Refereeing the Pendarvin Touch Tournament.

Starting the bonfire - the proper way. I am, after all, a master of the sphere of Fire.

Pendarvin sets a nice table for our guests.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
01 Jan 2015 18:45 #14 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Second Annual Winter Festival 2014 Highlights
If you wanted to be Richard Kimble, you'd need to re-open Physician. I don't think the one-armed man ever had a name...

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: geezer (geezer), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
01 Jan 2015 19:39 #15 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Second Annual Winter Festival 2014 Highlights
Plus everyone with Bounty Hunter list needs to be named Lt. Gerard.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
02 Jan 2015 15:41 #16 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic Second Annual Winter Festival 2014 Highlights
I finally got around to writing this. Here goes:

I got to bring in Dr. Isaac Percy Goggins and it's actually pretty refreshing. It's a nice change of pace, and foppish londwyn gent is pretty enjoyable. My one regret is not playing him for long enough.

I got into Kanas garb just in time for the Pendarvin tournament. Which was a lot of fun, and everyone who fought in it was awesome.

Cypher gave Kanas a job, and the rest of the festival was spent figuring out the reasoning behind his decision.

Talks with Kendrick, Pluvious, Tyros, and Brigetta were great.

Food was delicious, from the desserts at Pendarvin to the stew at the inn.

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.655 seconds