June 2015 Event Highlights!

• Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
22 Jun 2015 00:44 #1 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
June 2015 Event Highlights! was created by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
I would like to open my highlights with a big thank you for Chris Zipeto. This was his first time telling us a story, and he did just that, he told us this intriguing story filled with mystery, suspense, murder, and action. I could not have asked for a better birthday present then the ride I was taken on, so thank you my friend, continue building your craft.

That being said I want to thank all of you guys, cause I was nervous as hell I couldn't be a smart, docile, alchemist, and yet the response I received was overwhelming and cemented the fact I am a darn good rper and I belong at Knight Realms not just as the meat tank, but as a more serious (even though I was a goofball) intelligent character.

Friday: I bartended at the Bloody Stump which lead to all sorts of different RP. My first ever lesson given and I believe it was a good one, really uping how intelligent I could play my character. I did die, which sucked, I blame Nalick. But it was fun having Mary bring me through. Quote of the night "Yea, I'm a pro at coming through the focus, can I just get the short version?"

Saturday: It was my birthday, so I putz'd around, had some fun, talk to people, I think most of my fun came from main mod where I got to be a Necroblight, oddly enough the thing that killed me. Let me tell you something, never in my 2 years of KR have I had such an amazing fight. For a full 30 seconds to a minute me as a necroblight and John as Atrus just swung on each other as if a full on brawl. It was the most amazing fight of my KR experience, so thank you. I then went on to fight the entire town. I hope you guys had fun as I was body blocked around, standing and banging with all of you guys, just a great battle. Thank you. 4 am conversations and crafting in the kitchen.

Sunday: It was pretty lax, lessons from Rudolf, more goofiness, all in all great event.

I want to thank Jason Marin for instilling confidence in me that my rp is good, as well as others that I'm too tired to remember. Thank you guys for a great birthday and how amazing it was to be around friends. You are all the best friends a guy could ask for, thank you.

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Andy (Andy), Atrus (Atrus), Baoyu Kunsai (Baoyu Kunsai), Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby), Sindarion (Steven SA), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
22 Jun 2015 07:58 #2 by Baoyu Kunsai (Baoyu Kunsai)
Replied by Baoyu Kunsai (Baoyu Kunsai) on topic June 2015 Event Highlights!
Spider Bros. Would spider bro again.

In all seriousness though it was fun being back. I got to see old friends again and to meet many new faces as well.

OOG: -Adam C. Schaeffer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Derelith (Derelith), Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby), Not An Assassin (Salem), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
22 Jun 2015 08:50 #3 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic June 2015 Event Highlights!
Soooo very very tired.... 4 hours sleep after KR is not enough. I dont remember nearly enough of everything but I can put down what I do:

Friday night:
-NPCing! The spiders were fun and I loved trying to make mine more intimidating and scary then trying to drop people.Crawling on the ceilings and creeping across rooftops was amazing and I loved all of the rp with the people I was attacking. WTB spell packs for more harpoons though!
-Being a member of the clergy. Walking up to mass- it was literally my very first mass. Ever. Granted as an NPC but OOG I found it really awesome. It almost makes me wish Mae would change her mind about it. Almost.

Friday night afterwards:
-Walking into town and being told everything that's been happening. Asking about focus walks and being assured that no one has died. That lasted about......30-45 min. Then? Allll of the focus work.
-Resurrecting Miss Demeanor. Given the fact that I've barely interacted with your character, it was slightly a shock to find out some of the things I did. That being said, there was no way I wouldn't have rezzed you. No worries! Its toooootally fine. Really. Mhm...
-The gelatinous whatever-the-heck-it-was. Having Lathiel come help! Yay Battle Buddies Forever!
-Being at the scholar table when they started to list out who everyone was. That became significant later on..
-Going to bed... and sleeping for 3 hours max.

Saturday:
-A shower. Ah....showers.
-Seeing the archer! Knowing I've seen the archer! Saying no to the reckless idea of going after the archer with one other person! Having Oren- the person I was telling about the archer decide....to go after the archer with me. One other person. The irony of which I related to him as we walked....
-Running into Jacob! (Jakob? Something) All of the mass confusion of things.
-More mass confusion with people interrogating, learning, healing, just.... everything
-Having the Necromancy ripped out of him and the surprising feelings that provoked
-Thinking it was ended when the count basically said... "Start over. Thanks".
-Helping during the interrogation by thinking about questions.
-RPing the pain Mae was feeling while struggling to acknowledge that it was justified.
-The devastation she felt when she realized that, in all likelihood, he could not be saved.
-Deciding that I wanted to try at the least to see if he could.
-Resurrecting him and pretty much praying

Main Mod:

-Irony. I miss everyone going on the mod. And ran into the Spider again. I do wonder at times what would have happened if I hadn't missed going. I do wonder at that...
-Defending the Spider to every lord/lady in existence. Meaning every one except Aleister.
-Talking with everyone after and knowing that my life has gotten a lot more complicated.
-Going to sleep when I couldn't see anymore

Sunday:
-Was I awake?
-Talking with more people
-Saving goblins! Because why not?

Diner and talks and conversations and stories! I haven't gone to the diner in years and I did relish the fact that I had the time to do so. I enjoyed everything! I also enjoy the fact that my mind keeps going over ideas and plans even as tired as I am. Chris- you did an awesome job running this event and coming up with ideas. To all the NPCs- you were also amazing. By rights, I should have died. Maybe more then once. Pure luck saved me every single time. I do find it amusing that Mae has gone out of her way to keep from getting tied down to anything or anyone in Travance (her teacher notwithstanding) and now she does have something that she feels she needs to be around to possibly deal with. Having her deal with the ramifications of that is going to make for interesting months ahead. I don't know when I will be back but hopefully it will be soon! Take care all :D

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes), Angeliana (Angeliana), Not An Assassin (Salem), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
22 Jun 2015 09:01 #4 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic June 2015 Event Highlights!
Unfortunately, due to real life responsibilities, I was only able to make the Saturday day portion. that part was a little bit uneventful. Even so, I got some great talks in with the Blood Spirits full members new and aspiring, Caldor, Angeliana, Kleidin and Mirwen. all the quartermaster things- lots of bargaining.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
22 Jun 2015 09:47 - 24 Jun 2015 12:41 #5 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic June 2015 Event Highlights!
I think we're all going to gush about how organic the event was.
Who knew I was chatting it up with the Crusader Friday night trying to get her attuned because she was a fellow Galladelian? Not this girl until laaate Saturday night after everything was said and done.
A+ work everyone!

-Wildmage breakfast!
-Billlana and Iliumm. I think I just have this thing so other people use it and I'm fine with that.
-George and his martial lessons
-Wren accidentally triggering a brief panic with a joke
-Atrus asking if Ilana was okay. Also, just hanging out with Atrus in general.
-Got to hang out with Caelvan and Keavy a bit too!
-Zyn and Ilana hanging out. Billliamm's interactions with Zyn. All the punches forever
-Captain Hayes. I've never interacted with the character before, but the player is pretty sweet
-Bayou and company. Practically tackle hugging him when I finally saw him IG. Hearing of him in town: '...Kanas, how the hell do you know that name' 'I just met him last night!' '!!!'
-Arden's new little song and Ilana trying to shush her (Gina's quick doodle before game that I hope I can find somewhere in my stuff)
-The Arkovnian had never seen a Legionnaire before. Matt's 'Ah!' Was pretty great as limbs were regrown. (Team Earth Wall)
-Mama Bear visiting. Also eagle, a doe, a rabbit.... Hm, that's interesting.
-The immediate rush of people willing to help Ilana. Quelled a lot of that anxiousness that has been building up this year.
-Being told I had a good idea on the field was a first. Then that idea actually working out *really* well. Also being called 'Captain'. I don't think Ilana has ever liked a title before.
-Trapped in the tent as it rained. Not the worst thing at all.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 24 Jun 2015 12:41 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Atrus (Atrus), Liz (Liz), Tyros (Tyros), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer), Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
  • Amilia Tolunda
  • Artist, Writer, Gamer
  • Thank Yous: 97
22 Jun 2015 10:25 - 22 Jun 2015 17:09 #6 by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi)
Replied by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi) on topic June 2015 Event Highlights!
Sadly due to real-life issues, I'm in the boat of 'Only got to visit for less than 12 hours on Saturday'. But it rocked anyways.
  • First time running my own little business and WOW GUYS, I'm totally doing it again it was so much fun! (on a side note, the injury I have a green headband for was only made slightly worse by doing this, so little victories?)
  • Chatting with people I haven't seen in forever, IG and OOG
  • That gambler/acrobat. Seriously, you are too awesome, even if you were just NPCing this event. Because I forgot your name, come find me!
  • And much thanks to the gent who jumped my poor Jeepy in the parking lot. Her battery has been fluctuating since Monday, and finally kicked the bucket the MORNING of KR
  • And because I forgot...Thanks to the poor Marshal I sent to find my green headband (that I lost in the first 5 minutes of the game), the gent who plays Lord Silverbow.

And lastly, I'd like to extend thanks to everyone who asked about or consoled me on my various OOG physical and family events at this time. I feel the love Travance :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amilia Tolunda - Romani - Healer
Aimee "Whisper" Whisperleaf - Dryad - Druid - Bard
Maive Lusterwryn - Londwyn - Alchemist

OOG: Julie Anne B
Last edit: 22 Jun 2015 17:09 by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
  • Derelith
  • You cannot believe what you can't conceive.
  • Thank Yous: 9
22 Jun 2015 15:51 #7 by Derelith (Derelith)
Replied by Derelith (Derelith) on topic June 2015 Event Highlights!
(Out of order for dramatic effect)

Highlight #2 Being back
Highlight #1 Feeling the feels of how missed I was
Highlight#3 If I had a gold for everytime I was told "Ive seen paintings of you, but never in person" I'd be the richest Sylvan in travance
Highlight #4 Leading a search party on a wild goose chase
Lowlight #1 In the end Slightly Sane Billiamm always gets his man (Great RP with you Billiamm!)

I seriously want to shout out everyone who made me feel so welcome after my absence, and having such a blast RPing with each of you.
Special Thanks;
Chris Zipeto - Good job getting everyone so invested in this mod, it was a memorable weekend!
Shane Johnson - Your RP was on point 24/7
Jason Michaeli and Gina Carosella - Getting me recaught up on the rules and getting my character card up to date
Samantha Stassen - Us Sylvans have to stick together!
Gus Martino - Getting me caught up on IG events (IG of course), oh and saving my soul (never thought Id say that)
James Jones - For a great NPC shift, your a fantastic MM, and I hope to NPC for you again!

And finally James C Kimball for a list that is way to long to post on here! But the way he cares for each of the members of Knight Realms is unreal!

Derelith

IC: Derelith
OOG: Ray Hunter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Andy (Andy), Liz (Liz), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Arden (Shelby), Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
  • Derelith
  • You cannot believe what you can't conceive.
  • Thank Yous: 9
22 Jun 2015 15:55 #8 by Derelith (Derelith)
Replied by Derelith (Derelith) on topic June 2015 Event Highlights!
Haha! That was me who jumped your car, nice meeting you again! I had the same thing happen to me one event, so I know the feeling

Amilia Tolunda wrote: Sadly due to real-life issues, I'm in the boat of 'Only got to visit for less than 12 hours on Saturday'. But it rocked anyways.

• First time running my own little business and WOW GUYS, I'm totally doing it again it was so much fun! (on a side note, the injury I have a green headband for was only made slightly worse by doing this, so little victories?)
  • Chatting with people I haven't seen in forever, IG and OOG
  • That gambler/acrobat. Seriously, you are too awesome, even if you were just NPCing this event. Because I forgot your name, come find me!
  • And much thanks to the gent who jumped my poor Jeepy in the parking lot. Her battery has been fluctuating since Monday, and finally kicked the bucket the MORNING of KR

And lastly, I'd like to extend thanks to everyone who asked about or consoled me on my various OOG physical and family events at this time. I feel the love Travance :-)

Derelith

IC: Derelith
OOG: Ray Hunter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simon (BigZ), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
22 Jun 2015 20:21 - 22 Jun 2015 21:55 #9 by Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday)
Replied by Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday) on topic June 2015 Event Highlights!
Alright, so what I remember about this past event:

Hung out all afternoon on Friday, sifting pebbles with my homies. Scooped up the first NPC shift I could because screw taking off PC makeup on a weekend.
I played the notable role of ‘scream like you’re getting bloody axe murdered’ lady and received many compliments on my performance.
On Saturday Collin kept himself busy amusing himself among the new faces. He made the trek up to Jed’s cabin in the middle of who-knows with a healer and a ranger, where he learned for the first time that Glommites are particularly weird when it comes to where they put their snakes. For the record I never find opportunities to interact with Jed – although I faun over his contact lenses from afar and sending him mind waves hoping he knows that his makeup game is forever on point.
Papa Gypsy, Lord of the Gypsies and keeper of the Gypsy hive, extended a helping hand to my wayward Sylph. Upon realizing his crippling debt, Collin buried himself in pebbles and cried like a hero of Travance. Scholars and bards will be recounting his meltdown for generations.
Ilana was there to raise his spirits afterwards, and as a word of caution, he’s going to try and return the favor.
He was serenaded by a Bard-barian at the Inn, and heckled the guard without dipping his toes too far into trouble for once.
He enjoyed the company of Kit and Scout and Clytie, and has been considering allying with Alessandria with a wavering frequency of commitment. After all, they have the coolest stuff and he wants the public to know he’s fun at parties.
Collin’s face was unkempt after a particularly long voyage and a lack of sharpened rocks in sight, but maybe next event he’ll stop getting asked if he is part dwarf.
MeANWHILE THe DWARF ALCHEMIST at the Bloody Stump won my heart on Saturday night. I had a blast – and got blasted – on some of the finest pickle juice/lemon cocktails this side of Arawyn. Definitely something to boast about.
The Guard continues to be a thorn in my side, and nobody continues to be surprised. The council of slackjawed onlookers gathered to decide how they would do away with the Spider, and my Sylph tried to part the sea of debate with honest, brutish commentary a la Coasthaven. On behalf of my OOG self, I apologize. Speaking of, I met Crunchy the Coasthavener among several others and shared bawdy tavern stories that had me in stitches.
I would also like to chime in and gush about how cool that acrobat gambler was. I hope you’re doing rad flips and stuff, wherever you are.
And finally, to Cade – it warms your Captain’s cockles to see you becoming a fine leader.

My thanks to everybody who made this event possible - I know I was gone for awhile, but it’s great to be back and I’m ready to stick my PC’s nose in some plot shenanigans if I find the right people to tag along with. This event flowed so nicely, I really felt like part of the tension and excitement. I can’t wait to come back next month and see everybody again!

**☠☠☠☠CAPTAIN☠☠☠☠** Collin Hayes
(Former) Captain of the King of Herrings
[hr][OOG: Morgan]
Last edit: 22 Jun 2015 21:55 by Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Atrus (Atrus), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms), Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn), Cyrik (rez413)
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
22 Jun 2015 23:36 - 23 Jun 2015 00:41 #10 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic June 2015 Event Highlights!
Visiting Jed’s shack and getting overwhelmed and sickened by the Darkness emanating off of the unholy snake skin displayed on his altar. Damn you, Glomm!

Tried to have a conversation with Evrat but we were interrupted half a dozen times by random shenaningans; one of them being a group of about twelve undead that popped out of the woods and chased us up the path to Jed’s shack… Like that was gonna’ save us… Had to blow a Luck: Flee and Everat used his Pursue to keep up (lol) and we managed to (barely) escape!

Meeting “Legion.” What a guy! It was his first event here and he was a fantastic role player! He played his madness from Stonefall SO well! My only regret is not getting to spend more time with him! I hope he comes back!

Running into Bill’s merchant who had been slighted by Draven and being confused on how to approach his "arrest."

Accidentally running into Matt’s main mod boss thinking it was part of Lorelai’s test. Man oh man that was intense. Most of the time I thought it was planned, too…

Then running into him again later as he was in the barracks. I tried to heal the two people down on the ground and accidentally hit Grim (who was berserking) with my sword. Oops. (I’m really, really good at healing berserkers, apparently.) That fight was crazy. I’m not sure how MattMagnus channels all that energy. He has the endurance of a kid who ate six pounds of candy. I’m envious.

Berserking Atrus being physically wrangled by Aleister so that he didn’t kill everyone else. That was quite a scene, guys!

The ooze Izumi rats who wouldn’t quit. Or die. It was fun losing patience at the end and just going HAM. <3

Miss Demeanor and Erik being disturbing in the barracks with their lessons in unsavory things…
Saturday morning was a treat with a morning constitutional with Jonas over to Alissandria where we had lovely and inappropriate conversations.

Sparring and training with Ignatius and his henchman! You guys are such a blast! What wonderful tricks I am learning!

Vedrane Blade mod. Oh MAN, that was awesome. Thank-you for the upgrades!!!

Being asked to be Kit’s Maid of Honor at her and Billiam’s wedding! Omg! <3

Fun chats in the cook’s room!

Making Feast with that amazing crew. Couldn’t have asked for better folks. You were incredible. POTATOES FOR DAYS!

Guard promotions… Poor Grim getting stuck with the hug squad.

Atrus' sadness finding out that Terezi wasn't Terezi anymore...

Talking to possums under tents with Utguard as we were waiting in the “trap” for the beginning of main mod.

Accidentally healing a main mod boss. Whoops…

Jack’s Visigalan sermon about balance.

Nearly bursting with joy when Karkat accepted Swyft's gift of a rainbow scarf... and wore it! <3

The Green Goose’s shenanigans that lead to some incredible RP feels when Magnus went up against Karkat…

I think my heart stopped when Magnus screamed “SHUT-UP!” into 9 year old Terezi’s (Psy’s) face. The way that Karkat calmly laid his weapons on the table without a word and immediately leaped for Magnus and took him by the throat for it was epically awesome. Seriously guys, wow. There were so many feels going on when Magnus and Karkat went outside to “settle it…” The idea of mini-Terezi losing him… All I could do was hug her and cry with her questioning why this felt so wrong if it was the right thing to do and whether or not justice could co-exist with compassion. Amalthea was absolutely amazing, trying so hard to comfort us both while not giving in to the shocking sadness of it as well. After about twenty minutes of this, Karkat returned and we sat at the table, quiet and sullen, wiping our eyes and trying not to sniffle too much. No one dared ask what happened.
Bravo, guys!!!!!

Late night heartfelt talks with Amalthea. Girl, you never cease to amaze me.

The incident with Jonathan and Colin and the assassin who cut them apart and stole their eyes while they were on the road! Sheesh! Magnus and Amalthea and I all tried to comfort them, and assured them they were safe now. Then half an hour later, we got word from Collin that they were attacked again and Jonathon was killed. It was truly heart wrenching. What do you say to someone after you promise them safety and they are killed? That was rough. Interesting Phokus walk, though. Dat rain!
Phenomenal job by those guys, they really tugged at our heart strings!

The gypsy king and Boryev’s perfectly orechestrated gypsy hex that the “king” had to apologize to him every time he referred to himself as the king of the gypsies. HILARITY. Well done, both of you!

Breakfast with the Seneschal!

Treated to a second morning constitutional with Jonas on Sunday! What luck!

A failed attempt at changing Evrat’s perspective on his past.

Fighting persistent orcs and getting to “solo” one with some help from Caelvan so that I could stay on my feet and take vengeance for the fall of an ally!

Each and every interaction with you all! I love my KR family!

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
Last edit: 23 Jun 2015 00:41 by Swyft (agentswift).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Atrus (Atrus), Simon (BigZ), Onca (Lorelai), Utgard (Utgard), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Angeliana (Angeliana), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
  • Cyrik
  • Thank Yous: 35
23 Jun 2015 00:06 #11 by Cyrik (rez413)
Replied by Cyrik (rez413) on topic June 2015 Event Highlights!

The incident with Jonathan and Colin and the assassin who cut them apart and stole their eyes while they were on the road!

Minor correction, since I'm pretty sure the other guy was Colin I think you're confusing Jonathan with me. But yeah that was intense, props to Magnus, Almathea, yourself, and the shadowy hooded dudes who ran us around the inn.

Cyrik Hale
Corporal of the Baronial Guard

OOG: Will Alvarez
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simon (BigZ), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Swyft (agentswift)
  • Simon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 125
23 Jun 2015 01:57 #12 by Simon (BigZ)
Replied by Simon (BigZ) on topic June 2015 Event Highlights!
That shadowy hooded dude was me. It was some interesting RP and possibly the only time I've had to deal with that as my character. Props to you two.

OOG: Nick H.
-Officer
  • Wylla H.
  • Thank Yous: 48
23 Jun 2015 03:25 - 23 Jun 2015 03:35 #13 by Wylla H. (Tifferzlives)
Replied by Wylla H. (Tifferzlives) on topic June 2015 Event Highlights!
This event was awesome. I had a blast. Highlights in no particular order:

-Wylla losing her first life tag and the RP that surrounded it.
- Guard promotions!
- Drinking at the stump. Those were some pretty terrible ideas, haha.
- Having a torturer lesson done on her.
- Sparring with Atrus
- All the back rubs
- Patrolling with a large number of guards for once
- Bringing gypsies through the focus
- Arguing with a very agitating Sylph outside the inn :P
- Managing to piss two people off at once with one sentence
- Having her dead body carved up
- Setting off traps at the barracks
- Healing a mod boss
- Said mod boss knocking her and Nalick out as they ran to the barracks
- "PLANS!"
- Wylla getting knocked out during main mod and passed around during the fight to wake up very confused in where she was.
- Comforting Nalick and yelling at her sister
- NPC Orcs. First time actually having to use verbals and spackets. I had a lot of fun doing that!
- Trying to knock spiders off the ceiling with her staff
- Legion! Legion was awesome!

I know I am forgetting some things but this weekend was a blast. Hopefully see you guys in July!

(OOG Tiffany Yoder)
Last edit: 23 Jun 2015 03:35 by Wylla H. (Tifferzlives).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Atrus (Atrus), Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday)
  • Angry
  • Thank Yous: 131
23 Jun 2015 03:42 #14 by Angry (Angryman86)
Replied by Angry (Angryman86) on topic June 2015 Event Highlights!
Playing bar keep getting people drunk. Crying like the peasant I was at the sight of the corpse spiders.

Helping in the kitchen. Very tiring stuff.

Travancian water camel

Father Angrin McCoy, Baronial Quartermaster
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
23 Jun 2015 07:46 #15 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic June 2015 Event Highlights!
And along came a Spider...

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atrus (Atrus), Liz (Liz), Onca (Lorelai), Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Father Nikolai (ertsyperts), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer), Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
23 Jun 2015 08:27 - 23 Jun 2015 08:31 #16 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic June 2015 Event Highlights!
I thoroughly enjoyed playing the killer among you. Loved all the many interactions, stories, confessions and judgements. There are so many highlights that effected the outcome of the event listing them would take hours. I went in with no preconceived list of targets. I was allowed to let the RP drive the responses. The result was a complete loss in the contest that the Crusader did not know even existed until it was revealed in game.

In no particular order. Kanas, Mother Elle, Lady Silverbow, Clyte, Gothe Caldor, Templar Bat, Belechand, Lady Klieden,and a host of others spoke of their coming to Travance the Temperment of its people, its ability to band against outside threats its self governing monitor of itself and its ability to accept and change others who come here. I applaude every small powerful and long interaction set. Those who were nervous when stalked and listened too when word came out. Trying to balance the mottled soul gave more than a few reprieve. You know who you are...

The change of 'sides' seemingly four times. Just keep the faith...

Rainbows that are a ring and the ring of Galladel. The shock when people realized a killer walked, talked, smiled and laughed with them.

Telling His Grace, the Lords, Ladys and others that those she had met in Travance simply did not qualify. A confession that was easilly as truthfilled as the first time. The wrong questions that were asked.

The truths that were freeing.

You dont know do you? I knew you'd get away. The half hearted follow up.

A gift of a common shield.

A boat in the night and the burning of the others behind.

I know where in the world the Phocus is...now. If he sends me I will go.

Truly it was a pleasure. Thank you Chris Zipeto for the honor of a main boss 'bad guy'. Thank you to the player for the rockin off the wall out of the box head twisting RP matched stride for stride. I applaude you all! I love you guys and gals. Keep on being GREAT!

Love,
Mother Cassidy. Your Momma Cass

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
Last edit: 23 Jun 2015 08:31 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta). Reason: Spelling and sig
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Atrus (Atrus), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
23 Jun 2015 14:02 - 24 Jun 2015 00:00 #17 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic June 2015 Event Highlights!
Congratulations to Chris for running a great first event! I'm so glad you were made a storyteller.

What I enjoyed most about this past event were all the one-on-one and small group conversations I had with people:
The totem divination with Keavy
The heart-to-heart with Thalia/Talia (The Romani, not the bartender)
Drunk at the bar, regaling Brannoc, Verrill, and a few other people with the tale of Nalick's... err... inconstancy late last year.
A short walk with Verrill where I hinted at Nalick's backstory.

Saturday night shenanigans at the Bloody Stump, due in large part to Josh LaBar's hilarious gambler NPC "Frankie the Fish." To that effect, I made the mistake of introducing myself to him as "Father Nalick" and he rolled with it. "Hey, DAD, where's mum?" You and Shane were fantastic.

When someone ate the last pickle out of the jar, we came up with the idea to take shots of pickle juice. Then came the idea to add lemon juice to the shots and the "Terrible Decision" was born. You're probably saying "eww," but it was delicious.

Losing my s*** and unable to stifle my laughter while making someone a PB&J sandwich.
"Nalick, what's wrong?"
"I've lost control of my knife!"

All of the ensuing facepalms. All of the terrible jokes that night and poor Zelretch's reactions to them.

My first-ever Nobles Meeting. Holy cow. Gina as Dame Arden calling Jacob Reese "the spider man" and The Count/James holding himself together while everyone else starts giggling and Lord Tartaros/Steve loses it.

Winning the gelatin-eating competition Sunday morning, in which we couldn't use utensils. So much for quashing rumors of Nalick being a halfling.

The small cup of coffee I had on Saturday afternoon that sent me zooming around with a big grin on my face.

Teaching "Nocturne of Soothing Sounds" to Billiam, because he wanted to resolve some situations with a song instead of his fists. "Pleasant surprise" is such an understatement. The best part was when we needed Kanas to get angry enough to be a proper recipient for the song. Billiam's insults weren't nearly good enough, but Nalick's pun sure did the trick:

"Kanas, did Jonas Kane get everything he wanted for Yule? Clothes, but no cigar!"

Thankfully Billiam already had Kanas in a headlock.

My habit of walking alone at night may be over. Dunn, Wylla, Cade, and I walked toward the Bloody Stump late one night because Dunn had to fetch something (as it turns out, a pack of cigarettes. Clearly plot wants you to go cold turkey, Dane). We get to the field by Ostcliff and necro blights come charging up to us. Everyone's standing in a circle and I start the Lyric of Refuge. It's going well for a couple of seconds, but I'm OOG tired and forgot the words to the song I was singing. I paused to try to remember them, but the rules for the barrier are that I have to keep singing to maintain it. As such, the barrier comes down and so do we.

To think, a Malycite prayer (Curse of Madness) may have saved an Andorran priest. Anyway, Morgan saves me and we walk down to the phocus with three spirits in-tow. Nalick has a minor breakdown outside the Barracks while waiting for Wylla to come out. Tessa tries to comfort him. All Nalick can do is blame himself, but Wylla comes out and immediately forgives him, telling him he did all he could do. Quoth Nalick, "Why wasn't it me?"

Funny conversations with Papa Gypsy, and him buying me breakfast on Sunday!

The Guard meeting and not only getting promoted to Corporal, but being assigned to Grim's group consisting of Croi, Swyft, and Nalick. "Hug Squad" is a go.

Some of my favorite moments happened on Friday before lay-on. Wandering and joking around with everyone who showed up early. Going for a ride with Will and Tiff in Will's Jeep and getting into my seat in a novel, exciting way. Who knows, I might go Acrobat after all!

Now I'm off to check the date of the next event and let out a sigh.

Last edit: 24 Jun 2015 00:00 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday), Wylla H. (Tifferzlives), Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
23 Jun 2015 14:10 #18 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic June 2015 Event Highlights!

Nalick wrote: My first-ever Nobles Meeting. Holy cow. Gina as Dame Arden calling Jacob Reese "the spider man" and The Count/James holding himself together while everyone else starts giggling and Lord Tartaros/Steve loses it.

Oh you know...Just your friendly, Neighborhood Serial Killer.

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
23 Jun 2015 15:28 #19 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic June 2015 Event Highlights!
Highlights: Everything.

Ok. Now for SOME details.
Zippeto. Great job. You told a story, you engaged people, and you kept the world feeling alive.

As I've said in many places, my favorite thing about this event was not being able to tell some of the NPCs from Alts. They were played so well, and didn't have that "NPC" feel. In particular, Big Tom, Charles, Hottie Nyad (sorry Sarah) and the Crusader were incredible, and I had a lot of fun interacting with them. Heck, I didn't know Sarah was an NPC until people said we were hunting her during main mod, and Matt's until I used "First Aid" on him and got a Body total that was... not reasonable.

Leslie - that conversation with you down in the valley was brilliant. I hope you didn't get frustrated that I had Caldor take a lot longer to figure out who you were than Jason did. Between religion, his trusting nature, and your character's nature, you had to fairly beat me over the head with it.

Sarah - you know how much I adored your character, and would love to keep RPing with her till Wife killed her for completely unrelated reasons.

I felt like there were a lot of things "going on" beyond the plot this moon, which makes me happy. I love side stories, side plots, and mods that give the world life.

Midnight mass was awesome as always. I had so much fun with the people there, and the NPCs added a nice flavor. I was thrilled to have Clytie add what she did to it.

I really enjoyed meeting the Pontiff.. Caldor started so nervous and respectful... but then remembered who he was and started speaking up as he saw needed. Crystal - your ability to RP emotion during that scene blew me away. I'm actually happy about the sale of the monastery... but... high priest? gaaaaaaaaa. Having said that I'm so excited to RP and work with the other High Priests to make the church of light greater than ever.

A special shout out to Bat Cooper. That private conversation was one of the highlights of my year, much like the one I had with Tari last year. There is something so amazing about a deep in character conversation that has nothing to do with tags, skills or abilities.

I had a wonderful time in kaladonia as always, and a great time interacting with everyone. Its sometimes really odd for me to play Caldor with Wife not there, as he is always nervous and worried about her when she's gone.

The joy of being dropped 4 times because things hit me with normal damage. I'm probably the only guy who prefers being hit with special attacks and tags.

Very happy to see the town push some levels of NON-violent resolution with bad guys.

I do adore having main mods that are not at the big "mod sites". I enjoy fighting and moving around the proper. I also do enjoy a main mod with multiple small battles, rather than one huge one.

I'm very proud of the kitchen crew for doing such a great job and keeping everything so very clean and organized and doing feast prep so efficiently given how short handed we were. I hope we can keep this up going forward.

I'm sure I had more, and I'll put it out there if and when I can.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday)
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
23 Jun 2015 15:57 #20 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic June 2015 Event Highlights!
OH WAIT!

Finally teaching someone SOMETHING. First time in.....what years??

Also- finally learning my students name- I honestly could not remember for the life of me. I hope you enjoyed the rp! And I look forward to more :)

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
  • Atrus
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 92
24 Jun 2015 09:08 #21 by Atrus (Atrus)
Replied by Atrus (Atrus) on topic June 2015 Event Highlights!
What an event. I laughed, I cried, I raged, I puked.

Well, despite my best efforts I managed to be way too active in combat. Friday nights fights at the guard barracks left me more than tapped and tired. I really tried to have a simple no heavy RP, no heavy combat and failed miserably, but had a blast!

Fighting Matt Mar... (dude even after this long I still can't spell your name) "Magnus," as his NPC was awesome, he always plays up the combat and the damage, so even fighting something fight a ton of health, I still feel combat effective and enjoy the RP.

Going into a rage (again) and having PCs get in my way or touch me (again) and having to get wrangled by Aleister (again) was equal parts tiring hilarious and unbelievably fun. A+ Would angry Atrus fight with Aleister again, perhaps with less armor next time. Very fun combat RP, thank you Steve and Matt for all of that.

Saturday, various fights were fun. Just sitting and BSing with Ilana, George, Kate, and Adam aka "Nugget," was great. Nice down time with good RP and lighthearted discussions was a welcome change of pace.

Recalling tales of 1 big boot to the chest and 5 exploded goblins. That was awesome, would set off chain reaction of goblins exploding again.

Billiam RP throughout the event.

Teaching again! Combat lessons are a Go!

RP with Leslie's NPC was awesome, serial killer Galladelite who understands crises of faith... no wonder Atrus felt comfortable around her ;) But seriously, wonderful and engaging role play.

Saturday discussion with Angelica and Cypher.

Bill as Grim. That scene was great man! The yelling back and forth, Atrus literally being beaten onto the ground, the feeling of two heavy hitters clashing and throwing their weight and strength around was sweet. The combat RP mixed with the everything else and the back and forth was just awesome. My only complaint is that the lesson and teaching didn't go on longer, A+ teaching and lesson. Cannot wait for more!

Main mod, aka the failure to avoid combat.
Sweet fight in the Inn, thank the gods for healers, and Berserker's Rage... oh wait people bumping into me... getting lit up by Matt D.
MB: "Alright we're gonna drag you inside"
Me: "drag away."
-proceeds to get drug across inn floor.
Angry Atrus was angry, stunned Atrus was super stunned.
Marybeth was very fun to RP with for the small bits we did.

Catching up with Crux/Matt D, waking him up just to hurt him more, waking him up again just to let him know he was going to die. Thank you Matt :D

Atrus' mini freak out over TZ's reversion. When I body blocked the PCs on the path, I was sure Sam was going to light me up too.

RP during that whole thing. Angeliana trying her best to handle Atrus, awesome moment, love the drama, it's the LARP version of "Days of Our Lives."

RP with Cyndra, and Rose is always fun.

RP with Swyft.

Finally going to sleep Saturday night after shenanigans in the Stump.

Sunday: Thank you NPCs for being generally awesome all around.

~Atrus
"Only those who have endured the greatest suffering can become the greatest people."

John
Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kleidin (Kleidin), Liz (Liz), Tyros (Tyros), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Angeliana (Angeliana), Swyft (agentswift), Not An Assassin (Salem), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday), Wylla H. (Tifferzlives)
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
24 Jun 2015 13:46 - 25 Jun 2015 16:06 #22 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic June 2015 Event Highlights!
Where do I even start? I had a blast! (pun intended)

~ Tending to the Blackbird bar in Sebastien's absence. Oh the shit you learn while tending bar... haha

~ Setting up, helping Myers advertise for his high stakes poker game. Man if I knew what would happen later.

~ Being tasked with a special job and being super excited about a chance to demonstrate my art!

~ Bloody Stump silly times. Asking Big Tom a.k.a. Knuckle daddy to hurt me expecting him to refuse or argue, instead Demeanor got a great response of "How hard?" Oh joy! Being paralyzed with an ear to ear grin on her face. Franky's freak outs during said 5 minutes, Big Tom denying breaking her spine: "I just jostled it". Also making fun of Nalick and calling him "Dad" or "Daddy". (Sorry Jeff) :silly:

~ Leading a bunch of folks back to the Blackbird hoping to finally play this poker game to make some sweet amounts of gold... Until I was informed mid roulette that I'm sitting in a room full of main mod bosses. Wheee! Chris noticed Matt was missing so about 1 minute later, in walks Matt and BANG! 100 body superior slay, shoots me in the face. Poor little alt, bet her chips and her brains. :P Matt eating Demeanor's red eyes "Ooooh that's nice and different", Reece turning Demeanor into an undead pirate! Wooo best pirate.

~ My first focus walk on the receiving side. Mae did a fantastic job, made me realize I need to up my focus walk game as Angeliana. A+ rp, thank you for letting her through despite all she told you, I was fully expecting you not to. Also thanks for taking it like a champ when Demeanor yelled at you about someone owing her 120g.

~ Jumping out of the shadows to Achilles strike a ooze spider thing 5 minutes after being resurrected, "Resist", "OH BLOODY SHARKS NOT READY TO WALK THE PLANK AGAIN!" /bolt

~ A wonderfully entertaining lesson inside the guard barracks, made extra ironic and hilarious by the fact that Demeanor was surrounded by guards and in their building. Alex thanks for not freaking out about the RP, I tried to keep it light. Sorry you got rashes :P

~ Selling soap and don't bug me roll ons during Market Faire. Thank you all for supporting my hobby / addiction! Also, for keeping the score: Don't bug me roll: 1 Ticks: 0 :cheer:

~ Arch caster lesson #2 for Hazel, talks with Slyph pirate man, Andorran chat with Dominic "TELL HER!"
~ Every interaction with Peonas and Scout, including attuning them and Fauna to the Phokus. You are fabulous.

~ His holiness, being late to that meeting and getting short summary from Bat, then the united announcement / benediction at feast. High Priestess of Andorra? Super honor, Angeliana was very humbled.

~ Body checking Chuck's NPC while he was KB ing a newer player during main mod. Well... Angeliana doesn't hit people and no one else was close enough to stop him. That was a natural reaction to yell NO and bullrush you.

~ Freaking out during the chaos that was main mod. Until she figured out some spiders were undead. Battlecasting heals is just too awesome.

~ All of the post main mod RP with Atrus. Thanks for the roller coaster of emotions and fantastic RP John. :)

~ Miss Demeanor at the Alisandra state house. Parry lesson, popcorn, shenanigans... A+
~ 3 sneaky ladies roaming through the shadows to find an opposing crew's members. Could just be one of my favorite mods ever. Haze, thank you for RPing like a champion. Reece as well, I can't remember the third person's name. I'm sure Demeanor is going to get into a lot of trouble for what she did, but man she is too proud and cocky not to. Thank you also to Garett, who waited for me in the inn due to a miscommunication and still ran the mod for us and gave me a stellar opportunity to torture / torment multiple NPCs :) OMG my gypsy friends walking in pretending to be guards were priceless. A++ "This isn't guard business F.. off" , "Demeanor is that you???" "Oh... you guys... come watch my art!"

~ Drinking the Barrel of amazing wine we "collected" from said crew in the Blackbird. All the uuh deals.
~ Bullying Franky the Fish until he paid Demeanor some of the gold she lost to Myers then making a claim to Myers after we find him to keep him for "fun".

~ Florentine lesson form Boryev and Grimkjell. Awesome! Followed by one of the funniest Gypsy curses ever. "The gypsy King" had to apologize to Boryev every time he falsely claimed said title, so naturally Demeanor kept asking "I'm sorry who the F... are you again?" :lol: I legit counldn't stop laughing.

Thank you KR family for this fantastic weekend. I truly needed it, very nice to know I have friends and supporters who enjoy my weirdness / craziness. See you in July! Can't wait.

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
Last edit: 25 Jun 2015 16:06 by Angeliana (Angeliana). Reason: typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atrus (Atrus), Liz (Liz), Not An Assassin (Salem), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933), Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday), Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
24 Jun 2015 15:19 #23 by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
Replied by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher) on topic June 2015 Event Highlights!

Angeliana wrote:
~ A wonderfully entertaining lesson inside the guard barracks, made extra ironic and hilarious by the fact that Demeanor was surrounded by guards and in their building. Alex thanks for not freaking out about the RP, I tried to keep it light. Sorry you got rashes :P

But torture RP is fun and rashes is nothing....

Got to collect all the insanities. Just be glad Bill was OOG when he walked back in

But A+ torture would do again lol

ig: Erik Silverfang
Captain of the Royal Guard

alt: Yoska Yahtzi
OOG: Alex Schleicher
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
24 Jun 2015 18:02 #24 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic June 2015 Event Highlights!

Angeliana wrote: ~ Bloody Stump silly times. Asking Big Tom a.k.a. Knuckle daddy to hurt me expecting him to refuse or argue, instead Demeanor got a great response of "Hard hard?" Oh joy! Being paralyzed with an ear to ear grin on her face. Franky's freak outs during said 5 minutes, Big Tom denying breaking her spine: "I just jostled it". Also making fun of Nalick and calling him "Dad" or "Daddy". (Sorry Jeff) :silly:

All in good fun. :)

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.775 seconds