Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!

• Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
13 Sep 2015 20:43 #1 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!! was created by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Well another event passed by us almost like a blur, but how amazing was this event? Such a roleplay heavy one too, I loved every moment! Go Matt!

Friday: Well Friday night was great! I got really into my new dwarf Dunn and really into the whole alchemist thing. Crafting, selling, finding out what I can do to help the barony, ah yes how wonderful. Nothing past that happened. Other than IHOP conversations about screaming banshees.

Saturday: Saturday was another money making day! First I set up at market faire, for lack luster results, but after speaking with the count, wow did it pay off. I ate earlier, so I was able to skip feast and get right to work. an hour later, I had enough to stock the entire Travancian forces! Easiest gold ever! Past that was my NPC shift. I was to be an agurran priest. I had never done the role ever, but from what it seemed, people really liked it! I'm glad I could be creepy as hell!

Sunday: Playing knock the skulls over with Fyodor, Hurgar, Siegfried, Eva, Parker, and the rest! Great fun! And even more gold to be had!

Til next event, See ya!

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
13 Sep 2015 20:47 #2 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
Excellent event.

Kaladonia continues to bring their A game (and occasionally their "see me after class" game).

Pendarvin is now Pundarvin.

Matt Magnus is awesome. Matt Magnus's plots are awesome.

I accidentally won a game of chess. I still don't know how.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
13 Sep 2015 21:01 - 15 Sep 2015 11:14 #3 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
I need to write these down before I forget!

-Nadira showing up Friday night. Taylor, I could hear you from almost the other side of the inn. Clearly Ilana's mom is where she got her lungs.

-Meeting all the 'third tier' NPCs properly. I got attached immediately to them. Introducing the brothers to peach pie. I'll cook for them the next time they show up for sure!

-Not hesitating with Angelica and Zelretch to chase after Vallius with Ludwig and his brothers to try and save him from Maker. We were all expecting to take life tags and enjoy our bad decisions but the end result of watching them rise up and then come to feast with us was even better.

-Someone wanting to learn wild mage and the stir it caused. Ilana supported the idea, but we just need to meet this person first.

-Getting complimented on my skill during my Florentine lesson.

-Crushing Blow lesson. Oren's assistance :)

-Eva's body block versus Dennis as a swift stage kick was beautiful.

-Mind Over Matter teaching. Tobias is such a great sport.

-Paeoniis' enthusiasm is always something to brighten my day. Love giving you lessons.

-Tamzyn's insult succeeding before she even got to say it.

-Oh Ketryn X.x

-Hiding to the side during the Cairn meeting and having to step away during Bloodtide conversation to stop being rude with any remarks/crying. Just had Ilana hyperventilate on the path for a few minutes and a poor new Blood spirit coming across her being friendly.

-Scholar Mod aka Drew hates us <3
"Hey guys? There might be a..
null... Why did I come in here again?"

-Kaladonia vision quest mod and meeting Cormac.

-But... Ava D:

-Tea time with the Count and company in Ilana's room.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 15 Sep 2015 11:14 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Tyros (Tyros), Simon (BigZ), Narcis (ChrisR), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
  • Dennis Brand
  • Treason or revolution? That depends on the victor.
  • Thank Yous: 72
13 Sep 2015 21:08 - 13 Sep 2015 21:36 #4 by Dennis Brand (Devin)
Replied by Dennis Brand (Devin) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
Matt, thank you for the great and memorable event.
The plot was all-around amazing.

Now, for some personal highlights:

Friday,
Banshees and whatever else that was out at like 4am. I don't know where you were on camp, but with how long the screaming was, it sounded like you were everywhere. Thank you for bringing the 24 hour experience to (un)life.

Saturday,
Talking with Amalthea while watching the Enax mass. The mass was interesting; the conversation was hilarious.
Main mod, all the NPCs did an excellent job of bringing that scene to life. Seeing an unknown numbers of shadows across the field as they slowly advanced toward the battle line. The tension before the first sword was swung was palpable. Great job to all those main mod NPCs.
Late night Scholar mod. I'm not, but being "forced" to sit in on it was enlightening. It never really occurred to me that there was so much knowledge and history afoot.

Sunday,
NPCing as one of three goblin merchants. Got a lot of great roleplay from the players, especially in Kaladonia. Special nod to the guy whom bought gloves that were maybe fire resistant because they were made of Bedouin leather.
Getting off my NPC shift and being immediately told I am training with (i.e being viciously beaten by) Lord Tartaros... and really whoever else wanted to join in. Thanks for that experience, Steve.

ig: Dennis Brand | oog: Devin G., marshal
Last edit: 13 Sep 2015 21:36 by Dennis Brand (Devin).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Tim P (OrganicGolem), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Arden
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • The ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of time.
  • Thank Yous: 163
13 Sep 2015 21:49 #5 by Arden (Shelby)
Replied by Arden (Shelby) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
POWER OF FRIENDSHIP

OOG: Shelby M Briar [She/They]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nicoletta (fyperia), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Caelvan (Caelvan), Annora (Karen), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dethie Blackeby (DethieBlackeby)
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
13 Sep 2015 21:53 #6 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
I don't even know where to start. Thanks to Matt, Dustin, Jeff, Ricky, and Alex, and Karen for all of the RP shenanigans. You guys are incredible. <3 Very happy to have been able to be so involved in a weekend plot and go from "I don't care, they aren't real people" to so vehemently fighting to save them. High fives all around for winning with the power of friendship!

Shout outs also to Mars and Nick for the short encounter we had with the cloth golem. That was amazing and you were both on point and I think I almost cried it was so good.

I impulse-learned eleven lores and my fourth lower list this weekend. I think I had a good time.

OOG: Zelda Turqman
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Simon (BigZ), Annora (Karen), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
13 Sep 2015 22:32 #7 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
Super emotional event for me IRL but overall super enjoyable.

Rolling into the treeline after getting super jumped by homonculi. That definitely made Ava decide how she felt about them.

Getting to have good times with Orophin while awaiting "trial"
Chopping a very old corpse tree in half.
Remembering why I love playing Ava.

Trial with the nobles.

Promptly retiring Ava when Orophin chose the option to leave and going with him. Not saying the town is gonna probably regret letting them just go but you know it's all good.

Going out as Daeferil. Getting used to her but it was fun. Walking with Collin to see the cloth golem only to have him sprint away from him. Daeferil doesn't understand those silly alchemists.

Being possessed by a ghost and then getting possessed by a ghost that was possessed by Magnus? A Three way argument in a completely sane head.

It was a great time with Ava over the years but the RP dictated I did what I did. Super bittersweet but I'm hoping to have fun as my elf.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Aria (Aria), Jack (Keeperofdice), Damien (Damien)
  • Wili
  • Thank Yous: 206
13 Sep 2015 22:47 #8 by Wili ()
Replied by Wili () on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
CROTCH GOBLINS.
I laughed for approximately two hours straight.

I was officially adopted as Sébastien's protégée and learned the ways of the Blackbird. I made aaaaaaaall the monies/sockets.

Cinnamon was welcomed with open arms by most, and threatened to be burned or squished by others.

Wili's taxidermy has officially branched out to be Wili's pet shop.

Decided it would be a good idea to take the rogues path back to the guild so I didn't get murdered by monsters... Turns out, there's a new downed tree, the bushes have grown six feet since last moon, and it is super dark. BUT I DIDN'T DIE SO YAY!
Friday night, I was lulled to sleep by banshee screams, while praying the banshees assumed mages guild was empty and didn't come kill my squishy elf. Success!

Saturday:
Delicious breakfast, as always.
I went "spelunking" with Cael, who I now refer to as "my salad Tanwyn". Sorry you had to die, Jeff. I really didn't want to kill you, but it had to be done.

"Come shoot me with arrows so I can practice dodging". Don't need to ask me twice.

'Adventures in the woods' with Sébastian eventually turned to 'lost in the woods with Sébastian', to which the obvious solution was to just say SCREW IT and plow through the bushes. Plus side, my tree cloak now has actual tree bits and prickers on it for authenticity. Also, gold and bonding time.

Boredom at the Blackbird prompted Sébsei (I'm calling you that from now on, FYI) and I to venture out and kill things. Shooting Sébsei, easy- shooting homunculus Liz, not so much. I immediately lost an arm and then got knocked into crit. Thanks random healer lady I don't know! Sébsei, also severely damaged, and I hobbled back to the bar and vowed never to fight things again.

NPC shift was spent getting killed by all the poisons, because once the ban was lifted for the purpose of killing homunculi, THE RIVER RAN WITH POISON!!! Also BrRrR. I finally understand why y'all always push the socks. Side note, thanks for the tissues Stacey! Getting a writ to buy the entire town drinks and put them on Sir Aliester's tab was super enjoyable. Too bad the Blackbird wasn't inhabited when we went out....

At the Mages Guild by myself. Again. Please don't kill me monsters... Oh hey there, shiny faced thing.... A mirror golom you say? NOPE. I don't stab you, you don't stab me, sounds fair. We can stare creepily into each other's eyes through the window, and I will go right back to sleep.

SUNDAY BREAKFAST IS BEST BREAKFAST!!!
Met a dryad. OOG- that dryad RP is ON POINT. Hilarious.

Much fun. Will fun again.

Wilindé Aläciel
AKA Wili
Blackbird Manager Extraordinaire

OOG-Kelley Commeford
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Esten (TinyDanser84), Not An Assassin (Salem), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday), Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn), Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn), Coran Tanwyn (Jtomlin)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
13 Sep 2015 23:16 #9 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
THE POWER OF PSYCHOLOGY!!!

(more to come later)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nicoletta (fyperia), Annora (Karen), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
13 Sep 2015 23:16 - 13 Sep 2015 23:22 #10 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
Roleplaying with Kendrick. Chris Kane, you the man.

Giving Tobias an in-game push for his skill, and watching Jason F rise to the occasion.

Scholar mod. Grim is a big muscleman and will push all the londwyns and elves and southrons into a locker.
Or quickbind them and demand they finish telling the story.

A very intense conversation saturday morning, though Grim was mostly there to glower. Watching Drew Benton try not to crack up.

Deciding story time was more important than Mirror golems.

NPCing for Alisandria mod and Kaladonia mod. Land Mod runners, I am willing to be your go-to guy for animating mooks, brutes, or other thugs if you need someone filling out a group. I enjoy watching everyone roleplay their reactions.

Setting up all those torches for main mod with Josh Labar, Jason Feldman, Zach Theis, and Karla. We can light up the niiiiiight.

Matt's Storytelling is energetic and flexible, and his NPC support was great. Wonderful job guys, thank you for a great event.

PS James looked super cool when he went out as his druid guy.

Seeing and roleplaying with Faila and nosterion, and the rest of Pendarvin. I like you guys a great deal.

Karen had some great emotional moments with her and Grimkjell talking about the homonculi, and it was interesting to see grim trying to comfort and reassure another human being, since that's more his brother's thing.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
Last edit: 13 Sep 2015 23:22 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
13 Sep 2015 23:17 #11 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
PS it was super good to see Kayla and Jason P again.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
13 Sep 2015 23:19 #12 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
Short, exhausted version:

So much Fun.

Alisandria mod continues to be fun. I loved being the bad guy.

Kala Plot is awesome. Turned into a rabbit, communed through my own vine hair. Rabbit based eye of the storm. Rabbit based Instill confidence. SURPRESS SASS.

Sorry Hugh, I just can't do Decay.

YAY! My marriage is saved!

Gaia mod was so beautiful and wonderful.

Stayed up way to late both nights.

Baptized a main mod boss! I loved Brutus so much . He was the best.

More later, if I can get my thoughts together.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
13 Sep 2015 23:26 - 14 Sep 2015 00:51 #13 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
Oh boy. This weekend. I just don't even know where to begin.
I've been looking forward to this event for at least the past month or two. And man, did it deliver!!
Annora got put through the wringer, put on an impressive emotional roller coaster ride.
I knew coming into this event that it was going to be intense, and oh damn, it did not disappoint.
Being one of two with lore:homunculi, as well as being in possession of the Black Knight's spear made me hit the ground running.

Starting Friday night with the first waves of homunculi, meeting with Valius and co…and promptly putting my foot in my mouth. Oops.
(Annora tries with the words, and means well, but diplomacy…not her strong suit).

Sadly brief but still enjoyable conversation with Kendrick.

NPC shift, aka reason #1 I have no voice right now. (110% worth it!)
Tim: "Karen, how loud can you be?"
famous last words….
To all that were entertained/terrified by a wailing banshee at 5am, you're welcome!
SORRY NOT SORRY :D

Getting to work with people I don't normally interact/team up with, including but not limited to Angelica (yes I actually got to work with my lady!), Meander, Tobias, and Dr Viktor, and finding competent and sympathetic ears.

Having a pleasant chat + tour of the proper with Belberith…but what does this mean?

Empowering the spear to the level where it was homunculi bane…yay, but also uh-oh!

Having the alchemist use the spear as a conduit to attack Ludwig, being forced to stay away from him, and feeling both guilty and frustrated they couldn't see their real enemy. With a hefty dose of being screamed at by Angelica and Valius!
Hello Annora's crisis of faith! And reason #2 my voice up and quit. Obeying orders to not come near them meant sitting and watching them from a distance (while crying my eyes out).
To everyone who was OOG concerned about the sobbing mess I was, thank you, and I was touched. I've had enough experience with emotional breakdowns to know how to play them well :P

Breaking the alchemist's connection to the spear, and OOG observing an alchemical dreamcasting battle.

Main mod: effective casting team is effective!!
Encoutering papa alchemist, and proceeding to scream/sob in his face in a vain attempt to get through to him. (3rd reason my voice went bye-bye)
Brutus vs alchemist-possessed homunculus: double slay edition! "YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD!"

The pleasant aftermath of the battle, where the 4 homunculi and Travancians sat together as friends. And enjoyed pie.
Annora begins to hope again.
Saying bittersweet goodbyes to the brothers, and making them a promise.

Quite literally running from saying goodbye to homunculi to dealing with druidic matters.
Deeeeecaaaayyyy!!!!

Excellent late night conversations, and somehow time went poof.

Sunday:
Breakfast!

No magnus please don't kill me and cook me if I happen to be in drake form.

PALADIN JOUSTING. THIS WILL HAPPEN (again)

Body block kick from a seemingly elegant lady!

GET DOWN, YOUR EXCELLENCY!

I love silly shenanigans.

I feel this doesn't sum up even half of that emotional roller coaster this past weekend was. Matt, you and your NPCs knocked it out of the park.
Can't wait for more…after I've recovered from this event :P

More later if I realize I forgot anything!

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
Last edit: 14 Sep 2015 00:51 by Annora (Karen).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Tyros (Tyros), Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday), Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn)
  • Wili
  • Thank Yous: 206
13 Sep 2015 23:28 #14 by Wili ()
Replied by Wili () on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
OH I FORGOT!!

Got pegged in the nether regions by cookie tree. SUPER glad I'm not a guy, or I'm pretty sure I would be infertile now.

Sword lessons!!!! Thanks Sébsei, Boriev, and Sergei! Also, Sergei's magical hands are joining my personal staff, I just decided.

Wilindé Aläciel
AKA Wili
Blackbird Manager Extraordinaire

OOG-Kelley Commeford
  • Simon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 125
13 Sep 2015 23:49 #15 by Simon (BigZ)
Replied by Simon (BigZ) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
What a great event. Thank you Matt! Dustin, Ricky, Jeff, and Alex, you guys did an amazing job with your roles. Had a ton of fun interacting with you. Went from "hommunculi aren't actually alive no matter how many emotions they exhibit" to risking my life to save them within 24 hours.

Impromptu save-the-hommunculus mod with Angelica and Ilana was fantastic. Very much expected to die for that stuff. Pleasantly surprised when everybody involved (except the Informant) lived.

Lessons with Takouri, Lorelai, Big B, and Kane were great. Justin, you're a great teacher. I learned some stuff about Zelretch as well as myself because of you.

OOG: Nick H.
-Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Magnus (hippy g0th), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Nicoletta (fyperia), Onca (Lorelai), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
14 Sep 2015 00:09 #16 by Gabriel Llopiz (Xenas)
Replied by Gabriel Llopiz (Xenas) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
I had fun. It was an incredible story.

Friday:

A Friend Amoung Enemies:
As the Adventurer's Guild arrives at the caravan's to retrieve the lost gold, bandit arrive just moments before we do and get the prize. While everyone was fighting, I sat with the stronger bandits and spoke about Londwyn and how nice it was to get a chance to sit down and relax.

The Epic of Crotch Goblins:
Sitting down in the Blackbird Tavern for several hours and just elaborating on the who, what, where, and how of Crotch Goblins. It was majestic.

The Difference Is Like Wilinde and Night:
Sitting down and speaking with Wili at the Blackbird was honestly one of the best RP. It felt very organic, the best part was trying to get the proper pronunciation of her name.

Saturday:
A Civilized War:
Fighting some of the Homonculi and having a nice conversation with the ones who can speak.

A Guilt-Ridden Acquaintance:
Taking a Chaos Blast for Swift and the following RP that came from a broken dagger.

Always a pleasure,
Felix Suarez
[OOG: Gabriel L.]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby), Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday), Wili ()
14 Sep 2015 00:22 - 14 Sep 2015 00:24 #17 by Tycho Montresor (Tycho Montresor)
Replied by Tycho Montresor (Tycho Montresor) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
I am REALLY enjoying this plot! It's especially interesting because of Travance's relationship with the adversaries, which gives emotional context to the fights.

As an Alchemist, I love the opportunity to explore what the Art is capable of beyond the recipes on the character cards. The existence of homunculi and what it means for Alchemy, and our understanding of sentience and life, create fantastic RP opportunities, and bring new dimensions to the practice of Alchemy in-game. RP with "the Informant" is always enjoyable, and allows Tycho to grow in subtle but important ways. I look forward to the next time we meet...

Thanks, Matt, for making this plot so engaging!

Many thanks to all who are helping with Alisandria mod! (You know who you are!) You really make the encounters fun, and the RP that ensues is always memorable.

Sunday Monster Marshal shift: Thanks to all the NPCs who were so awesome! Your enthusiasm and creativity makes the game better for everyone, and I hope you all had fun NPCing!

Tycho Montresor
Viceroy of Alisandria

OOG: Cameron S.
Marshal
Last edit: 14 Sep 2015 00:24 by Tycho Montresor (Tycho Montresor). Reason: (edited for grammar)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Simon (BigZ), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday)
  • Brian T.
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You cannot escape me, even through death.
  • Thank Yous: 186
14 Sep 2015 01:17 #18 by Brian T. (Renthios)
Replied by Brian T. (Renthios) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
First off, a HUGE thank you to the players who NPC'd Saturday 2pm-6pm, my hat's off to you for the first encounter that went out, the ghosts. I heard so many stories from you guys, as well as a few players, and I was utterly floored with the creative situations that you folks came up with on the spot to act out for the PC's. Best story goes to the group of adventurers who got to fight Utgard for their last hurrah.

Now, in no particular order:

1) Late night poker/blackjack in the Adventurer's Guild, it was a blast taking all your money for the cause.

2) Tamzyn's birthday cake, especially when Jonas got a piece and just eerily sat in the back of the guild hall watching us play cards while eating it.

3) The Shady Acres Retreat role-play with the disgraced snitch being executed and kicked through a gate into a swamp for drake food.

4) Sunday insult lesson, and Sunday crushing blow lesson. I can't wait to have build again after my racials are fully paid off so I can start learning things again.

5) Big Papa, and Buffalo Boryev.

6) "My gods, he's even sitting in a Z formation."

7) Sergei asking someone to borrow a "cup of Fierce", and getting it.

8) The management office in the Adventurer's Guild, despite being very mothy at one point, was the coolest room in the Proper, complete with sign on the door.

I'm sure I'll be posting more as I remember them.

OOG: Brian T.
Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
14 Sep 2015 01:19 - 14 Sep 2015 02:23 #19 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
Cookies and quiche were the real heroes.

Hands down, this was one of my favorite events. Matt, thanks again for casting me! It was a blast interacting with the town and the other homunculi, even when the four of us were alone.
Ricky, thank you for the glasses. They really tied the look together.
Lauren F., thank you so very much for doing our make-up.

Being offered cookies from Aella, who quickly realized that she didn't have any.
Describing to Vallius and Brutus what cookies were, as well as pie and constellations.
Coming back to Kaladonia later that night and receiving an entire package of Oreos from Lady Kleidin.
Vallius and Brutus' reactions to having their first cookie.
Quiche and hospitality at Alisandria
Townsmembers' fearful, curious reactions.
Liz/"Ms. Logic" stumping me outside the kitchen.
Having a State Farm moment with Zelretch, Ilana, and Lady Angelica. Like a good neighbor, Ludwig is there?
Karen. <3

What I really enjoyed, was not falling on my face, at least metaphorically. Almost all of my interactions and conversations seemed to flow smoothly for a change.

At Main Mod, Matt walked over with a white headband and told me to engage the town, so I looked around for a group of PCs that weren't swarmed by homunculi. Finding one, I then unknowingly walked straight into the group designed to defeat me -- Caelvan, Dani, Caldor, and others who soon joined them. Part of the difficulty was hearing what everyone was calling, not knowing the effects of some of the skills, counting up how many defenses I blew, and the rain causing the makeup to run into my eyes-- it brought the "Blinding Fog" to life. Thank you, guys (Conor, Jason/Dani, Gina, Jason/Caldor, Jenna, et al.) for being good sports while beating the stuffing out of Ludwig.

Bill F. had me play a guard that was paid to guard a huge pile of rubble with a door in front of it. Cael soon came over with Kelley's character (I don't think I learned her real name!), who had an arrow in her leg. A short chat, a pleading for help, and I'm lying unconscious outside the door.

There were a decent amount of people who passed by the mod site who checked to see if I was OOG okay. You guys are awesome!

Saturday night, I came back into game around midnight. When I reached the Inn, I was greeted by two merchants being blown from the Inn and knocked unconscious. One short argument later, with a man offering to drag them to the grove so that they could nap in peace, I demanded that they be woken up. Apparently, they were selling vials of dyed water as "potions" that didn't actually do anything at all.

Making this mistake when asked where I had been the last day or so.
Kanas: "Hey, Nalick. Where've you been?"
Nalick: "I was neck-deep in duty."

The meeting of "sharing knowledge."
Chris Z. and Drew, thanks for organizing this! I'm so glad I went and I hope there are more of such meetings in the future. Some of the lores are definitely fascinating.
Chris and Sarah, your teas were quite tasty.
I'm still giggling over some of the moments-- when a candle was mistaken for a mug and when I made someone almost spit-take.
The effects, especially when the special guest left. The RP from everyone was great.

Reuniting with Squire James and Wylla part of the way through the meeting.

Sunday morning, I make the great decision to have a cup of Deathwish coffee and follow it up with a cup of Cael's cold-brew that he's selling in the Inn. No hyper-Nalick, but a tad jittery and a slight difficulty thinking straight.

Cue recently cured Magnus, walking toward the Inn with a huge grin on his face, telling me that "someone said you wanted to have a talk with me." Matt and I may not see eye-to-eye on this, but one can overdo it with the coffee. Still the confession scene happened and its result was different than I imagined.

Sir Caelvan taking Nalick's staff. How I got it back was simpler than I thought it would be.

Bumping into a discussion of Moresca Ball plans and Valanye wanting to know "how balls work."
Nalick: "PFFFFTTTTT!"
Magnus: "DAMN IT, NALICK!"

Pre-game and during-game shenanigans with first-time players.

Beginning Nalick's Master Warrior training and being at once excited and horrified of what's to come in October - a mere 19 days away.

Amazing.

Last edit: 14 Sep 2015 02:23 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Damien (Damien), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Tsoli (Tsoli), Simon (BigZ), Nicoletta (fyperia), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Annora (Karen), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn), Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
14 Sep 2015 02:16 - 14 Sep 2015 02:17 #20 by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
Replied by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
Friday:
Fought the town

Stared blankly while questions where happening

Fought the town
Recalled

Fought the town
Recalled

Saturday:
Woke up
Make up, Lauren you did amazing for us all weekend

Fought the town till flesh to stone
Victor started to work on me

Fought the town almost died
Victor and Tobias did super cure insanity

And then fought the town some more
Final Tobias process

Then started learning what food and alcohol was till the cloth golem was spotted and ran away

Awesome mini mod that happened

Eating at lords table and then Ricky recalling with the shepards pie coming with

Main mod rain turned it into shirtless main mods bosses

Could barely fight due to magic and psionic stuff

Some FOIG stuff that will be interesting 1 person knows what I mean

Overall had a blast and enjoyed fighting you all

ig: Erik Silverfang
Captain of the Royal Guard

alt: Yoska Yahtzi
OOG: Alex Schleicher
Last edit: 14 Sep 2015 02:17 by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Damien (Damien), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
14 Sep 2015 04:46 #21 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
For being super tired and only IG for about 8 hours....gods did a lot of things happen. Here we go...

Friday

-Awkwardness is awkward when fellow guards members are freaking out over the blackbird and I'm washing out their cups. I had no idea what to say. Then reading the letter and being equally speechless. Still having to return the cups lol!

-Walking from returning the cups to the "holycrapwhatisthiswhoareyouwhat?" battle by the inn. Being ordered to put someone in jail. Then going back to the jail to find out the man is gone. Yay confusion!

-Interrogating a cultist! Fun :D

-More homunculis o.o

-Getting oh so confused about everything. About everrrrrryyythinnnngggg. Also getting dropped BY everything. Just everything.

-STUMPING JEFF! HaHA!

-Interrupting a lord and realizing it about halfway through me talking. Stammering through an apology.

-Meeting the Lord Admiral by running after Lawrence with him and Conner. Finding out afterwards he knew my name and really having no idea how to feel about that.

-Lord of Nightmares! errrr Tears! Well Paranoia. Sure! All of it!

-Learning how to fight greater undead effectively- wait until they are all on top of Oren, then hit them from behind!

-Karen.

-Conversations with Oren and finally a lesson! Where I wanted to dissolve into giggles. God sleep deprivation...

-Sleeping a car is A+ if you have tons of costuming and blankets and pillows.

Saturday

-NPCing a ghost. Being helped finally and all the rp that happened because of that. Will, I think my heart grew even bigger knowing you tried to find their killers.
-Homunculi! Seeing the looks on people's faces when they realized I was running. Right. At. Them.
-I just wanted you to have fun Kelley <3
-Taking a shower and leaving <3

I had a great time even if Allyce was pretty darn confused at what was going on. Sadly, unlike Mae, she cant really just go with it being responsible and stuff lol. I will see you all in Oct :)

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Damien (Damien), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby), Annora (Karen), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Fortier
  • Thank Yous: 51
14 Sep 2015 10:59 #22 by Fortier (Greysect)
Replied by Fortier (Greysect) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
* Went out as a bartering goblin looking for a home Saturday morning. Shout out to Morgan Flannery and the player of "Creed" for their interactions, glad you both had fun.
* Got to know Eva, a Wild Magus and a scholar. Enjoyed our discussions about the possibilities of new applications of our magic. I sense a fundamental difference in our personalities, and I look forward to future discussions and conflicts.
* Shout out to the player interested in Wild magi who had the patience to stand and listen to my prattling. If you see this, please message me, and I'll make note of your name! So sorry, I keep forgetting!
* This is for the Tanwyns, Case, Cael, Calvin, Canaan, particularly Calvin: I still feel remorse for the turn of events...Isn't that awesome? Hope the five new players who came along enjoyed being so utterly in over their heads!
* Thanks for the mod, Damian. The attention to detail and prosecute required to finish your mod unscathed was something I have been looking for since I started the game. I hope I am lucky enough to participate in more mods like yours. /brownnosing

Viktor Zalost, owner of Jani Jo's Magical Services.
OoG: Sean Hallahan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Esten (TinyDanser84), Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday), Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn), Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn), Calven Tanwyn (Jyamp2)
  • Gabriel Chance
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The guy who does the things
  • Thank Yous: 265
14 Sep 2015 14:59 #23 by Gabriel Chance (Kiellor)
Replied by Gabriel Chance (Kiellor) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
My single biggest highlight was making Sarah Brand give me a huge pouting face because I temporarily made her forget her whole card at the scholar meeting as the special guest star.

Beyond that losing money at the adventures guild card games was a fun time. And getting to marshal an intense meeting Saturday morning where my entire crew got thrown under the bus in game by some other pcs was hilarious. Me and Alisia were laughing about that last night so if you were there I promise no hard feelings out of game. And since I don't know in game well carry on!

Management office is best office.

Gabriel Chance
High Arcanist of Drega'mire
Binder of the Vestige Argolarium the Bound King

OOG:Drew Benton
Officer
Story Teller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Herrister G.D. Reynolds (steaknbits), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
14 Sep 2015 15:31 #24 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
There will be more later, but this one stands out for the sheer "differentness"from what I expected. I was helping Zach as a poacher in Kaladonia Mod, and when the gaggle of PCs came to me, Keavy (I had bet some of the other PCs how long it would take her to slaughter me as I was drawing down on a wolf) came up to me and started giving me an ecological lesson on how wolves maintain the balance and (I tried to interrupt) she went on (and I tried again to interject) and she said, look, I can finally speak calmly and rationally without growling and you are going to hear me out" all without raising her voice.

I was stunned :cool:

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
14 Sep 2015 15:34 - 14 Sep 2015 16:31 #25 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
Thanks for all of the money, Travance. I appreciate it.

Where to begin..?
I surprised my Rochester Crew buddies by coming down unannounced. It was cool because the reaction from them is what made me feel like I truly am a Roc City Crew member.

H. Reynolds is baaaaaack! I missed having you around, Jason.

Having Wili (KelleyC) around for tending the BB with me was awesome, especially with the crowd we had on Friday night. Kelley, thank you for you help, seriously.
Also, if I hear one more thing about "Crotch Goblins" in my bar, people will be dying. I won't even be creative, either.

Coming into Saturday; like Wili said in her highlights, we went off into the woods for treasure and found ourselves lost in a place that I would eventually go back to on Sunday. After trying to reason a way back to civilization, we decided to just plow through the woods and eventually made our way back. At least now we know the way for next time.

I spent some quality time with friends, specifically the ambassador, her Fiancé, Wili, my gypsy friend-os, and Bill Tsoli.

Main Mod was nice, I liked the rain. I spent my time on the field keeping an eye out for Ambassador Correlis, the MVP of this event. I was constantly going back to her to have her poison my blades so that our white-faced friend-os would stay down. Feel free to thank her next time you see her.

Afterwards, I was with the Meander in the Pendarvin Statehouse drinking tea and listening to a bunch of Scholars talk about...Something or whatever. Needless to say, I fell asleep. When I woke, I stood up, said something stupid while gesturing to my crotch, and walked out.

Then there's Sunday. I should have just stayed in bed.
I decided to help some Gypsies get to a MOD site that went into a dark cave to get some dagger or something. While feeling around the wall to guide myself through the darkness, I triggered a trap that knocked me out and sliced my leg off. I returned to consciousness and tried to crawl away from the madness. I had them strap my leg onto me, which was all the help they gave me. I was crawling away, yes...But You should still probably try to help me in SOME way. Buuuut...No. They left me for dead. So I crawled really really slowly back to civilization...Twice...Got my leg fixed up, and went OOG for cleanup.

Shout-out to Matt for running this event. Thank you Matt!
I'll see you all again hopefully in November.

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
Last edit: 14 Sep 2015 16:31 by Not An Assassin (Salem).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Tsoli (Tsoli), Fortier (Greysect), Herrister G.D. Reynolds (steaknbits), Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn), Wili ()
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
14 Sep 2015 15:52 #26 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
Ooh, let's not forget Gypsy Blacktree's perfect Tarot card reading for Sébastien. HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
  • Burkhart Jarlson
  • A precious object without the strength to protect it is easily taken. Strength without something to protect is easily wasted.
  • Thank Yous: 107
14 Sep 2015 17:18 #27 by Burkhart Jarlson (steel_enigma)
Replied by Burkhart Jarlson (steel_enigma) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
This month the Dragoons gathered and had one of the best conversations as a group I've had in a long time. I learned a lot more about the Dragoons and even about Arawyn history than I knew before.

The Battle Royale was one of the most fun experiences I've had at game in a LOOOOOOONG time. Watching everyone team up before splitting up into a free for all was so cool.

Finally got to make my maker's mark, making barbarians into better barbarians, and learned a great lesson from Gideon.

Last but not least:
One One One One One One One One One One One One One One One One One One

This is not spam. This is an accurate description of the epic battle between Myself, Lord Gideon, the Knights McKraegar, and the Mirror Golem, The most amazing and hilarious combat ever.

_________________________________________________________________________________
OOG: Josh Leib

Main:
Burkhart Jarlson
Son of the Heargen Clan
Blood of the Dragoons
Shaman of the North

Alt:
Fen the Fun Faun
Musical Satyr
Available for Bars, Parties, Shows, and Personal Concerts
Accepts Gold, Gems, Ale, and kisses from beautiful women (just don't tell my wife)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
14 Sep 2015 17:49 #28 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
Early morning meeting where, in some kind of miracle, I think everyone on all sides actually got exactly what they wanted, IG and OOG. That's pretty rare, so thanks to everyone involved ^_^

Katie's Nutella cookies. OMNOMNOM.

The thing with the stuff & Jason P. ;-)

Stuff at the Nobles's meeting was intense and really cool to witness.

Exploratory brain surgery with Angelica! I loved interacting with Brutus and Vallius.

Hanging out with Ilana, George, and the Count, and Mars's mint tea which totally cured my headache. "The answer is no because baby red pandas are going extinct." "The answer is no because when a mommy and daddy hate each other it's your fault."

Master invention lesson, which I have been waiting a year for. Thanks to Matt C. for taking part of his small amount of IG time to give that lesson. Sage of Innovation, woohoo! Also related: the Goggins desk-top doll. Says such phrases as "Um", "Er", "I'm sorry", and "What?" when you push the button!

Some of the stories I hear while working in logistics are fantastic, though I won't repeat them here. :-D And thanks to Geoff for helping out during the shift, so I could eat the first food (aside from that Nutella cookie) I'd had all day.

SCHOLAR MOD. YES. LEARN ALL THE THINGS! At one point, ghosts were outside, doing the ghost thing... One was just standing there staring in the window creepily, so Meander reached over and closed the curtain. I'm still giggling about that! When goldfish crackers were offered and explained as a children's snack, hearing Grimkjell say in super serious gruff voice: "Hand me the children's food." And then having to take the bowl away from him so he didn't eat them all :p Also, SUPERIOR SASS! More seriously, it was kind of eye-opening to realize how much Lois knows about Travance - I always thought she didn't know much at all, but apparently that is not the case.

Until next time, Travance!

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Tyros (Tyros), Herrister G.D. Reynolds (steaknbits), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
14 Sep 2015 18:40 #29 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!

Brian T. wrote: 3) The Shady Acres Retreat role-play with the disgraced snitch being executed and kicked through a gate into a swamp for drake food.

Hmm? You called?

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
  • Fortier
  • Thank Yous: 51
14 Sep 2015 18:46 #30 by Fortier (Greysect)
Replied by Fortier (Greysect) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!

Justé wrote: Then there's Sunday. I should have just stayed in bed.
I decided to help some Gypsies get to a MOD site that went into a dark cave to get some dagger or something... I had them strap my leg onto me, which was all the help they gave me. I was crawling away, yes...But You should still probably try to help me in SOME way. Buuuut...No. They left me for dead.

I am so sorry we left you behind. I wish I could deny responsibility, but I could have told them to retrieve you. It slipped my mind.

But we'll get our desserts a room, won't we? XD

Viktor Zalost, owner of Jani Jo's Magical Services.
OoG: Sean Hallahan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Not An Assassin (Salem)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.948 seconds