January 2016 Highlights

• Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
25 Jan 2016 00:15 - 25 Jan 2016 00:18 #1 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
January 2016 Highlights was created by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
The way the players and camp pulled together for a deeply involved and roleplay-heavy event despite the snow. The early fight into camp even as an NPC was fantastic, as I could tell it was hard on the players and they had to seriously earn it, judging from the amoutn of focus walks I heard about.

Hearing that Aguara was deeply interested by Grim, and that his brooding mien, his personal agonies, and his extreme might in battle actually served her, despite his devotion to galladell was incredibly great for launching and extending a character arc.

The return of the homonculus/Alchemist plot, and the unveiling of Number 1, Eden, was truly spectacular, even if it was subtle and in the snow. The parasol was a brilliant touch.

The method of rebuilding the town with donations of CP/and various trade goods was excellent, adn it allowed us to get some of the excess item cards out of the game. Wonderful stuff.

Deeply personal roleplay with bob, Nalick, Danae, Billiam, Fenri, and Fyodor. Flirting with or insulting or teasing Shade. Being close with friends and family like Wulfgar and Beilgor.

Being a badass on main mod then shrieking in horror as I briefly loot a bunch of magic stuff.

Some unexpected and long-awaited roleplay with some of the Alisandrian players, about a subject of mutual interest.

Having a great time as an NPC ragpicker and making off with a ton of the town's gold, while still giving a bunch of PCs a great deal on a number of useful items.

Wonderful interactions with the "dark paladins" led by Divot. That entire scene was hilarious.

This event has given grim a new motivation and interest to move forward with, as well as presented him with some moments of great personal conflict.

The creepy bard made Grim very happy, even though he didn't know the words and didn't want to sing.

The depths of Grimkjell's magic-hatred was explored during main mod, and just how useful spell cleave can be in his hands was also proven. Watching as his brother dunked just as hard on magical spells as he did, using spell cage. It was positively wondrous. The Eirson brothers, each completely shutting down magical demons in different ways.

Seeing justice, even if it was frontier justice, done by Magnus. Discussing promotions and deciding on a very special promotion which is sure to cause some consternation elsewhere.

Hearing about the Count's Focus walk, as well as Paeonis'

Delicious adobo for feast. INcluding the song.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
Last edit: 25 Jan 2016 00:18 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Fenri Kantaris (Miked), Mantel (sigma-j)
25 Jan 2016 00:41 #2 by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
Replied by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher) on topic January 2016 Highlights
The only highlight that really matters was Paeonis Focus walk Drew and I where both at the point of fighting to not follow that as the descriptions where amazing and extremely detail like bravo.

Fighting the town as a husk was fun. The towns plan worked extremely well.

Learning a bunch of stuff and the overall roleplay while hiding in the Inn from the snow or hiding from sight due to being covered in snow outside made this event have lots of ups and downs.

Wandering on Alchemist mod and completly trolling the npcs with Alexander Silvers best use of skills ever.

Main mod going out as a deamonic wild mage and trying to find wild mages to force surges but only seeing George, Ilana, and Oren and that didn't work very well.

The notes in the snow after main where hilarious and very entertaining to read. The PCs that wrote that well done.

Sunday morning learning a skill from George with out Billium there and all of a sudden I hear him running over going I want to know how this works too and being like damn I missed most of the lesson Sorry Gene.

Overall a great event with lots of moving parts that came together.

And of Course the ADOBO SONG

ig: Erik Silverfang
Captain of the Royal Guard

alt: Yoska Yahtzi
OOG: Alex Schleicher
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
25 Jan 2016 01:31 - 25 Jan 2016 01:34 #3 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic January 2016 Highlights
Being sillied to death by Will and Michaela during Card Creation.

Taking a sweet potato out of my pocket and telling the "sweet potato story" to at least a half-dozen people.

The confusion when someone thought my bedroll was actually a baby. "There are none that I know of."

Freaking out Friday night, sitting alone in the dark, Dimetri and Fyodor consoled me, but not before Nalick acted out some aggression on some fire logs. I planned barely any of that, but I like the way it went.

Coffee and role-played anxiety aren't a great combination if you want to sleep. Fortunately, I wasn't the only one awake and ended up cracking absolutely terrible jokes around a table for about five hours! So many things that I can't repeat here, but everyone at the table died figuratively--two Tanwyn brothers almost did literally.

"He looked like a four-foot tall Starlord."

There was also a dramatic reading of Grimkjell's article in the (handwritten!) Chronicle while Dominic tried to stop me. Eventually he had me outside, but I pressed my face against the glass and continued, shouting.

This turned out to be a pattern when Dominc ran into the main room of the Inn clamoring that he wanted his head examined. Someone, he said, told him he was acting smart, so I decided to do battle with his ego and praise his brilliance, but he wouldn't have any of it.

That the Chronicle was handwritten! Thank you for your devotion, guys!

Being literally pulled aside for some one-on-one time with Grim.

Feast pork. I licked the plate clean.

"...gnomes."

FLOORBOARD WHISKEY WITH THALIA!

Magnus' impassioned speech about Damien.

Breakfast with Bob. Talk about an Odd Couple.

Sunday morning shenanigans with Danae. Making a table-full of people laugh. "That's your knee... right?" Having a meeting of the Church of the Hat in the Center of the Table.

Theological discussions with a newly baptised Andorran(!).

"I walked into the kitchen to look for my staff and I bump into Steve Oros. Mission accomplished?"

Punning with Steve in said kitchen for at least 5 minutes. Magnus walks in and borders on tears about the lack of coffee. I make the mistake of saying that if he cries, other people will start crying and, picking up the bag of Domino Sugar, say, "It'll cause a... Domino effect." What happened after that is a little fuzzy.

Being defeated by "Mama Karen" in a contest of stubbornness.

Last edit: 25 Jan 2016 01:34 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Mantel (sigma-j)
25 Jan 2016 07:24 #4 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic January 2016 Highlights
This was a great event for me, both in and out of character.

Firstly, to the new Pc ranger "snow", brought the entire family huh? Seriously though, fun to play with you, hope to see you again.

The blizzard was so awesome. So much fun to play a barbarian. "finally, we get autumn here. Maybe winter will actually come this year." I'm very grateful to the Kaladonia statehouse pellet stove.

I really liked the lay on at the Romani camp and fighr/walk back. It added such a deep feel and nice follow up to the land system story. Fighting the husks was very interesting. I particularly enjoy fighting ib... The spell cages are so fun.

The "damaged" Inn was a nice touch. I really liked seeing 4-5 of us actively cleaning up during the fight.

The repair plot was fantastic. I loved seeing the town have to pool together. I wish we had more variety of wood, so I could have been more helpful on that front.

Tha k you to anyone who came down and help rp at the Kaladonia altar space. I wish I had thought to do a clean up mass... But it was so cold and blizzardy.

Massive thank you to Steve for letting us design a rp based ritual for a non standard mod situation. Building the ritual symbol out of benches so as to not have to draw on the floor was fun. Typhon and I spent a chunk of time designing the ritual, and performing it with rowan, tris, Clytie, gamblor, rain, Typhon, Billiam and Dimitri (with surprise visit from magnus) was great. You all did such wonderful rp of your parts that it really brought it alive for me.

Feast was magnificent. Thank you Luis. And thank you Diane and the rest of the Kitchen Crew for the quickest dishes clean up in recent memory.

Caldor was really happy to be able to make his specific faith blend of Arawyn and Gaia work for the town.

Jonas v. Jun in a sexy contest.

Once again having people's minds not be able to wrap around a barbarian married to a Dryad.

The Buffalo chicken stuffed biscuits.... Num

Finally have a bottle of Zippeto hot sauce. Can't wait to use it.

I'm sure there is more, but this is it for now.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
25 Jan 2016 07:26 #5 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Oh yeah. Huge shout out too the chosen one., Aldric, for having a mass despite all this weather and repair. Those of us who play light followers can always count on you.

Caldor Eirson,

Vintner

~~~~~~
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Templar Aldric (Selrik), Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
25 Jan 2016 07:52 - 25 Jan 2016 07:54 #6 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic January 2016 Highlights
This was only my second event but it was absolutely amazing. Thank you everyone I interacted with for making it so phenomenal.

Some highlights-

The amount of role playing I got to do this game. Seriously. Role playing has been my favorite part so far of larping and getting to spend so much time actually building my character through it this weekend was fantastic. My first game I was a bit afraid to jump right in, but this time i had no hesitations and it was so worth it.

Taking the inn was super cool and very well done. Rook was not sure why exactly she got dragged into helping but once people figured out she was a good look out she took her job seriously. It was definitely an intense start to the game.

Thank you as always to the Crew of the Winged Victory. Seriously; I love you guys.

Okay, Tanwyns- best part of my weekend. I barely got to spend any time with them my first game and ended up spending a third of my game with them this time. Super excited to see where this new partnership will go

Saturday morning before my NPC shift I walked into the kitchen for some coffee and say three of the most exhausted and stressed looking people I've seen in a while, and my OOG inability to walk away from distraught looking people kicked in, so I offered to help with breakfast, which turned into breakfast and dinner set up, dinner cooking, dinner serving, and dinner clean up. So even though from 9am-9pm Saturday I basically was oog (NPC and kitchen), it was so worth it. Thank you to everyone in the kitchen staff for being so welcoming to me, and I'm glad I was able to help. I'll be back in February if you want more help :)

Crashing the bar mass momentarily IG to ask my crew mate a question and then getting pulled into a super interesting discussing on what rook believes in, which definitely was a fun challenge to me to on the fly figure out what exactly rook would or wouldn't believe in. Thank you for that, it was a lot of fun!

Somehow once again got dragged into main mod, which was super well done (thank you for not making us be outside, you're my favorite). Thank you to the Tanwyns and Vlad!

Sitting down with Calven Tanwyn and figuring out what rook needs to learn and setting up a plan for learning it. Excited for future lessons. Still super amused at how the first lesson went, opportunity presents itself in very funny ways.

Watching Poker at the adventurers guild- phenomenal game. Even though I didn't have the gold for the buy in, it was so worth watching. High stakes, lots of jokes, and a murder at the table when someone cheated at cards. 10/10 would do again.

Sunday morning was short but I did go out IG and I'm glad I did! Thank you to the swashbuckler (I'm so sorry I don't remember your IG name) for the deflect lesson. It was super intense and I've learned I have a lot of OOG work on actually getting better at fighting and blocking. You are an amazing swordsman by the way. I was seriously impressed. (Also you know the role play and then combat is intense when you accidentally pop out your shoulder. Oww. But worth it, and 3 Advil later it's only a bit sore so worth it)

All in all, a really really good weekend. I'm excited for February, especially since most of my normal group won't be there so I'll get to interact and spend time with different people. Thank you all so much for all being amazingly awesome. <3

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
Last edit: 25 Jan 2016 07:54 by Cara Easton (Raeelle).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Templar Aldric (Selrik), Fenri Kantaris (Miked), Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn)
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
25 Jan 2016 08:40 - 25 Jan 2016 08:44 #7 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic January 2016 Highlights
I want to thank each and every one of you I got a chance to interact with this weekend.

The hate and vitrol and racism and anger was palpable and amazing.

When Edwin told Gem: "You are as big of an ass as I am." I knew I hit the nail on the head.

There were so many fantastic points I don't know where to start and end.

All the Faekin who put up with me and my first Mate's antics, thank you!
Gannon: it's not your fault, just let me clap you in cold iron chains.
Tris: I loved how you accepted and supported the idea it was only about the booze.

Asad: You were fantastic. Your hate and rage and willingness to attack me and throw me under the bus every chance you got was phenomenal! I look forward to our continued fights against each other! <3

All the guard: You guys were top notch. Shout outs to Aldric, Bob, Grim, Peaches, and Nalick. We understand it's because we are blue. :-P

Gene really hates Graverobbers.

Making Steve remember a debt from 10 years ago. And it's time to collect. <3

Sea Witch Mod. I can't believe that happened. And everything that will spiral out from that. It was funny and intense and WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT WITH THE PEOPLE STANDING RIGHT THERE? This should be good. P.S. Yep that's my old boss. Whomp Whomp.

All the awesome people involved in the making of the box for Corsair's Heart. Everyone in the adventurer's guild did tremendous teamwork! Great Job!

Late Night Animated Object Mod. :)

I can't wait for the next event AND Campcon!

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
Last edit: 25 Jan 2016 08:44 by Jack (Keeperofdice).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
25 Jan 2016 09:09 #8 by Coran Tanwyn (Jtomlin)
Replied by Coran Tanwyn (Jtomlin) on topic January 2016 Highlights
This event was filled with so much good RP, and Food! Seriously though I was full the entire event not once did I go hmm I’m hungry because there always seemed to be soup or sandwiches and candy or some meat and cheese slices, it was awesome thanks everybody, Feast was also delicious also loved the vegetarian option.

New player shout out goes to Snow, and just like the snow he was every where, he also provided good role play conversation. He and I also kept shouting DRINK WATER every time we saw each other to remind each other to stay hydrated.

Starting in the caravans provided some really cool immersion and made the Stories of the lands feel more real as we marched back to reclaim the town. This event I really got to step into the exchequer role and Louis was not lying when she said I would hit the ground running, I did not think that would mean rebuilding the town but it was and incredibly enriching experience and I look forward to great opportunities. The rebuilding effort was a huge part of Coran’s weekend, and one point doubted the town would finish gathering resources but everyone pulled together to get the job done. Great role-play with Thalia, and Angry and all the others who were a part of gathering the supplies and rebuilding effort.

Waking up Saturday morning and going downstairs and having several people say “Hey sorry for almost killing you last night, you just scared the crap out of us” me being confused and then realizing they were talking about my twin brother the Astral Alchemist Cainin Tanwyn, provided me a good laugh. Also thank you witch hunters for your continuous effort to help the Tanwyns with their family history.

Coran Tanwyn
Chancellor of the Exchequer
Family Consiliario
~Tanwyn Trading~

OOG Name: Jon Tomlin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Amilia Tolunda
  • Artist, Writer, Gamer
  • Thank Yous: 97
25 Jan 2016 10:47 - 25 Jan 2016 10:55 #9 by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi)
Replied by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi) on topic January 2016 Highlights
So first off, I want to send out a HUGE thank you to the staff and players that kept camp in good condition before/during/after game. Every player that helped dig out buildings, cars, the staff that plowed, and especially to the 20+ people that helped my poor little Jeepy get free. (Note to self, she needs to see a shop, because she keeps randomly shifting out of 4-wheel high into 2-wheel high, and that was a HUGE problem on the snow!) If I knew all your names, I would list them, but there were far too many that helped.

Friday Night: I can't believe I stayed up until 4:30 am doing Tarot readings. Most of which, I'm proud to say were freakin' spot on. I'm so proud that I could RP that for people (and freak some out with their accuracy) Personal favorite? Reading a Psionist's cards, and the first round is 'Family, Love, and Happiness'. To which he cracked up laughing saying that he knew Tarot was a joke. I gave a death glare, and the next draw for him was 'Deception, Lies, and Illusion'. Thank you Psionist, I accurately read your energy. Great RP.

Saturday:
-There were people dieing in my tent. I was too asleep to care...and by the time I got up anyways it was resolved? I think? It's uncertain. To me anyways.
-Making fun of Magnus for an RP point. Sorry/not sorry Magnus, it was fun.
-Making fun of Nalik and hitting him with a bottle (RP, not painfully), because Amilia is a flirt when it comes to bards. Also sorry/not sorry.
-I almost forgot Creepy and Shade doing Creepy and Shade flirty things. And Amilia along with someone else offering as a third party to watch. Oh Adventurer's Guild, why didn't I discover you until recently?
-LEARNING LOGISTICS: I am insanely happy and excited to learn to be part of the KR team. I want to absorb it like a sponge and help out you guys as much as possible.
-Shout out to Kaladonia and the Adventurer's Guild for absorbing the Stonebars, Creepy, and I when our tent collapsed in. You are a life saver. Walking all the junk over from point A to point B, not such a highlight.
-Gambling the night away at the Adventurer's Guild. I got a gambler NPC to pay my way in, because that's how Amilia rolls. And c'mon, have you seen her new costuming? You'd need willpower against that one. (It even won me a hand or two...even if I lost it all.)

Sunday: Sleep. And all the thanks a second time as far as getting out at a reasonable time and cleaning up. I owe you all the biggest brownies I can make. All of them. But maybe not next month: If I show next month, its literally Friday Night and leaving for work the next day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amilia Tolunda - Romani - Healer
Aimee "Whisper" Whisperleaf - Dryad - Druid - Bard
Maive Lusterwryn - Londwyn - Alchemist

OOG: Julie Anne B
Last edit: 25 Jan 2016 10:55 by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Brian T. (Renthios)
25 Jan 2016 12:08 #10 by Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn)
Replied by Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn) on topic January 2016 Highlights
So many things about this weekend were awesome, and as it was my first LARP in a blizzard, I must say I was impressed by how little over a foot of snow impacted the event!

If I forget someone or something that happened I apologize:

- Getting there Friday and upon getting to the Adventurer's Guild meeting Snow (new player) and introducing myself as a friend of Nesterin (who couldn't make it to this event) only to have 3-4 other players do the same thing. Always great to see how open the game is to new players.

- Anxiously waiting for snow Friday night, and then once it finally started finding out the prediction went from 3-6 to 10-20 inches.

- Friday night mod was awesome, was part of the group fighting the husk of Lord Aleister, and being as low level as I am it's always better to stand back when you here multiple Slays being called.

- In the midst of the husk fight, hearing blade of victory while someone touched me and immediately calling deflect only to see that it was Zipeto and the Goddess Agaura(I think that's what it was) and being told I COULD deflect a buff if I wanted, but I shouldn't.

- After that fight there wasn't all that much going on (for me at least). Most of Friday night was spent in the Inn/AG talking with people.

- Woke up Saturday to the beginning of the blizzard. Took a look outside and seriously considered just getting back in bed. Decided to tough it out for breakfast (awesome as always).

- Learned so many things from people (well a person, thanks Brian) in the AG Saturday before NPC duty, finally seeing my character come together.

- NPC duty was mostly freezing out in the woods as an undead waiting for Steve to show up with whatever players were crazy enough to walk all the way to the maze for a mod. Of course it was most of the Witch Hunters. If I had a dollar for every time Lorelai or Peaches dissipated me while I was undead...

- Food in the AG was awesome, not sure of the names of who made it, but it was great and the cake was amazing (happy birthday btw)!

- Main mod was wonderfully convenient being in the Inn, even if it wasn't ideal it was a great break from being in the snow.

- During main mod I got incinerated and took it, going down, only to have Magnus as a NPC come over and say, "Are you down?" "Uhhh yes?" "Ok, devour, instant killing blow, you guys around me see me get stronger."

- Luckily I was carried to Thalia who upon assessing injuries did a double take when I told her I was in crit. Thanks again for the heal!

- Both poker games were great to watch Saturday, even though I didn't dare take part.

- Did pretty much nothing Sunday, just had to dig my care out and find a place to park by the AG to get my stuff out (that was difficult).

Thanks to everyone I didn't mention and again to those I did, it was a great event despite the conditions. So far I've LARPed in a hurricane and blizzard for 2/4 of my events. What severe weather condition is next?

Garlan Tanwyn

OOG: Sam P.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Brian T. (Renthios)
  • Angry
  • Thank Yous: 131
25 Jan 2016 12:32 #11 by Angry (Angryman86)
Replied by Angry (Angryman86) on topic January 2016 Highlights
Getting to camp just in time to throw goods in the barracks and get ready.

NPC first shift with Husking goodness. The Swash Husk didn't fair aswell as the Mage husk.

Taunting a random person only to find out it was Tork...

Finding out that there's a lot of work to do and Start assisting with the work.

Continuing to fix buildings...

After being spent both physically and CP wise, a rest and Artificer lesson before checking in on supplies.

Trying to get supplies for the repairs. The baconmancer provided once again.

Feast. Clean up. Finish after the town marched. Went around to join up. Found the front line right away and instantly put down by Zipeto. Dodge is lovely...expect from arcing cast.

Fixing yet another building after main mod with Siegfried. Realizing how bad it looked after the laughter started. Priceless

Glorious Sleep.

Talking with all the artificers and double checking on the work was done. Success.

See you people next weekend or the next event.

Father Angrin McCoy, Baronial Quartermaster
25 Jan 2016 13:25 #12 by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
Replied by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher) on topic January 2016 Highlights
Forgot a quote that was awesome.

Siegfried "Madame Warlord I regret to inform you that the mages guild is still standing"

ig: Erik Silverfang
Captain of the Royal Guard

alt: Yoska Yahtzi
OOG: Alex Schleicher
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Sister Danae (Danae), geezer (geezer), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Angry (Angryman86), Wili ()
25 Jan 2016 13:37 - 25 Jan 2016 13:41 #13 by Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
Replied by Fenri Kantaris (Miked) on topic January 2016 Highlights
I picked up the first NPC shift and had fun for my second & third hour, not to the fault of anyone but myself. My experiences with combat at KR have been mostly negative, it just does not seem to be for me. That being said, the ball is in my court for having a bad time and not asking the marshal (Uhhhh, I THINK Shane was running Logistics?) for a non combat role.

Big points for Bill Hannings for just being an awesome person on top of watching him fight people in game which makes me think that maybe, someday, combat will be fun for me.

I was going to switch out to Fenri after the NPC shift but ended up falling in to the trap of "chatting with bunkmates, let me lie down for a minute...aaaand it's morning!" Once I threw on the ears and all the blue stuff, I slowly started to feel better.

I was able to kinda follow everything plot-wise that was going on during this event, which was pretty cool for me. I also felt like I went on WAY MORE modules than I

FANTASTIC RP moments all around.

Helping bring the Count through the Phokus was amazing, watching James flop in to the snow and then what felt like two seconds later, his hair finally hitting the snow as well. Getting to hear his story as his body was rebuilt was totally Awesome with a capital A.

ADVENTURERS GUILD
Holy crap, Matt and Kate always run great mods and I am going to be sad when I am too high level to partake in those antics.

Fenri was SINGLEHANDEDLY holding back a husk while the rest of the people were trudging through the snow.

WHEN OUT OF NOWHERE, JACKDAW JUMPS IN-BETWEEN FENRI AND THE HUSK, POSED LIKE A SWASHBUCKLER IN A MOVIE.

The rest of the battle was amazing and some hilarious RP when the husk got a severed limb and then was alchemically glued to the ground so she couldn't crawl around as Shade came with his heroic stance and got the final blow.

Partially stripping during Main Mod (as it was hot as hell inside the Inn when you're wearing a ton of layers) and then being in charge of Triage while Thalia roamed the battlefield.....Fenri got the healers and a shield wall for a bit....before grabbing Feyodor and walking him around in front of me, physically pushing and pulling him as Hazel and I walked the battlefield.

Also, mid conversation with Thalia, standing up, turning around and BELLOWING WITH RAGE "DON'T TOUCH MY HAIR!" at a Satyr (I think) who's name I didn't catch. I commented earlier in the night that you shouldn't/couldn't annoy a High Elf. Soooo for a large portion of the night I kept getting booped on the nose and poked by her.....

Until the hair. :)

All the modules outside were fun as well, it kinda sucks we didn't get a lot of great narrative out there but...ya know, knee-deep snow (and I am pretty tall) in some spots.

OH HOLY CRAP
THE CONVERSATION BETWEEN FENRI, BILLIAM, DANAE AND FEYODOR WHEN THEY ALL FOUND OUT FENRI HAS NEVER BEEN WITH A WOMAN. BEST MOMENT OF THE WEEKEND. I was red & blue during most of that.

Fenri Kantaris

OOG: Mike Daly
Last edit: 25 Jan 2016 13:41 by Fenri Kantaris (Miked).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Saoirse Mac'Sidhe
  • Hold the line, never falter.
  • Thank Yous: 31
26 Jan 2016 13:09 #14 by Saoirse Mac'Sidhe (Sidhe)
Replied by Saoirse Mac'Sidhe (Sidhe) on topic January 2016 Highlights
Hey guys! Firstly I'd like to say that it was nice to be back after being gone for so long. I was happy to see so many familiar faces and meet some new people.

Now..in no particular order..

I ended up spending my Saturday morning with the kitchen staff and making breakfast. It was fun and I enjoyed the experience. There's nothing like being surrounded by good people and the smell of good food early in the day.

Chelsea was a big help in making sure I had what I needed when I needed it. She took orders and ferried things around for me. Rachael was a god send with the pan cake batter when we got swamped. Thank you so much for all the help! And of course we can't forget Zombie-Luis. That poor man was half asleep for about three hours and with the way he was shuffling around the kitchen I thought he was going to start acting out a scene of thriller.

It was fantastic to see Ree and Jason again too! I thought I was going to lose an arm when I brought out the buffalo chicken pastries. Glad you liked them Jason!

I was very glad that there was hot water at the camp this weekend. Taking a shower after my kitchen shift was the most glorious thing in the world. I was quick to get back into garb and saunter my way out into the inn in high spirits!

A wild Seamus appears and he has the hungries! Izzy and he bonded over sandwiches. The promise of floorboard whiskey ensured he was fed for the rest of the day.

Swyft asking for help with some healer shenanigans ended up providing quality rp. I didn't get to participate in much of it but I enjoyed watching the newer players throw themselves into the scene. People ended up displaying some very admirable qualities that further endeared the town to Izzy. She isn't going to be leaving any time soon with how attached to the people she is getting. A certain Celt caught her interest during this mod. Honor and loyalty are rare traits in the world. Izzy values them..and a wide set of shoulders, ahaha!

Sitting and watching as the count was pulled through the Phocus. Listening to James describe his long majestic locks to the healers making his new body was hilarious. The whisper-banter with Brian. "Ten fingers, ten toes, teeth in your mouth hole, and a button nose!"

Tea time at the Dragons Claw! Myself, Dimitri, Rain, Seamus, and Bjorn(sp) must have spent a good two hours there in that corner. Many laughs were had and just how dense Seamus is when it comes to women was made clear. Flirtation just went right over his head. The lure of tea drew in many a cold traveller. I must have brewed six pots and given out several mugs to those who came begging once they got a nose full. Many thanks to Bjorn who was kind enough to run to the kitchen several times for more hot water. He was also kind enough to clue her in on how to woo his thick skulled cousin. Izzy doesn't forget those who are kind to her. There will be much food stuffs shoved at him in the future!

Adventurers Guild. Oh the laughs that were had in that place. Shade throwing all his sassy shade. "I see we're wearing the same pants." "I see you have good taste." Charm in the back, intimidate in the front. Awww yus.

Cornering Torq to ask him a question. "Hey, I want to talk to you!" "Well I don't want to talk to you!" "Well, too bad!" Absolute power greater telekinesis! "Wait, am I floating now?" "YUP!" "God damn it!" -Feet kicks- "If I have to float so do you!" -Lifts Izzy off ground.-

Danny, Illana, J, Seamus: "LOL"

Finally making a move on Seamus that he got through his thick skull. The Adventurers guild cat calling. Alllllllll of the shenans that happened afterwards. I was laughing so hard that I nearly passed out. I'm not even kidding. Those people had me dying.

"Harder, better, faster, stronger!" -Faster thumping-

I think I spent the majority of my event in the Adventurers guild to be honest. Most of the people there created a very welcoming and lively atmosphere. I was reluctant to leave and only did so to go between it 'n the inn.

Talks with Wulfgar were fun too! Ostcliff will be getting a new vassal soon. It's going to be fun helping to build that land up into something awesome.

Being useful for plot! This is something that rarely happens for me at KR but I was privileged enough to be helpful this time. Huzzah for Psionic stuffs!

Main mod was an absolute blast. Dominate for days. The healers were very well guarded this time around. Re-purposing elementals was fun. Creepy as the earth elemental was glorious. I dominated him at least three times. The last time he came over and nuzzled my shoulder, then vomited gems into my hands.

Matts face when I called absolute power dominate on him while he was playing the mimic. He reflected it back at me, then I reflected it back at him, and he finally got me with another reflection. It was beautiful. Thankfully someone was able to chaotic alteration me out of his clutches before any real damage could be done to people. Thanks for the save!

Izzy swiped as much stuff off the table as she could get her hands on. After the mod it was all returned to Lord Tartarsauce. The look on his face was worth more than any loot. "Wait..you're giving this back to me?" "Well yes. They're your things." Absolute gold.

THE BISHOP OF THE TRIAD! Convinced a Lord to let me dominate the crack-pot bishop after finding out he was a total fraud who was using the people for their stuff. Forced him to tell the those people the truth then say he brought them to travance to find the true light gods.

Brother Aldric becoming the chosen one, then him naming me as his prophet. Arcing cast implant suggestion to make him the Holy Shephard to turn the crowd back to him was fantastic. His face was priceless~

Sitting down and having drinks with people at the bar~ Yaya and the Saytrs Wine spiked hot chocolate was adorable. She was the happiest member of the kin on Aarwyn when Izzy made psionic blue butterflies dance around her head.

Izzy got to sit down with Seamus for a few hours and have some one on one quality time. They listened to Creepy Bard and talked about the past. Creepy was a good sport about playing requests and I wish I had more gold on me at the time. I generally don't RP romances at Larp, but I'm looking forward to seeing where this particular story goes. Having a good friend you trust rp your characters interest is also very helpful. Shout out to Shane for being a top notch human being.

Getting taught Scholar by Bel and also baptised to Chronicler was also a serious highlight to my event. Izzy has a particular itch when it comes to knowledge and the learning of it. Having the King of Academia as her teacher is giving my character all of the hype. It's like learning from a celebrity.

Sunday!

I got to talk with Dimitri about the possibility of a business venture. All I have to say is..prepare for super strong mead with healing properties. It's going to be fun!

Sitting with Amalthia and talking about Psionics was very enjoyable. Fancy Elves and Londwyns can indeed get along. It ended my event on a high note.

I look forward to seeing you all again in February!

Saoirse Mac'Sidhe
Clergy of Galladel
Champion of Galladel
Centurion

Riley Kane

OOG Name: Kayla Arold
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Swyft (agentswift), Cara Easton (Raeelle)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
26 Jan 2016 13:27 #15 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic January 2016 Highlights
#NotAllAnastazi

Commenting on various languages and the weirdness of Gaelic with Seamus and Almat

Jen, I felt so bad for your poor voice, but Squeaky Tris was the best. Including Jason’s reaction.

SNOW!!!! (yes i like winter i know i'm weird hush)

Teaching cavalier lessons is always fun, made even more so when Grim comes to help.

March of the Murder Penguins

Paladin story time

Drew, during the height of the storm on Saturday: "well, we all live here now. We're starting week in the life early!"

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
  • Simon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 125
26 Jan 2016 17:48 #16 by Simon (BigZ)
Replied by Simon (BigZ) on topic January 2016 Highlights
Penguin squad with Lorelai and Oren was hilarious

Had a bunch of great rp with Peaches, Nalick, Collin McKreagor, Amalthea, and Cainin Tanwyn.

Running into Balbarith and finally meeting Eden. Thank you Matt for more alchemy plot shenanigans!

Alchemy being necessary for underwater mod.

OOG: Nick H.
-Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Cainin Tanwyn (Cainin Tanwyn)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
26 Jan 2016 20:19 #17 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic January 2016 Highlights

Annora wrote: SNOW!!!! (yes i like winter i know i'm weird hush)

Look at your audience.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Simon (BigZ)
27 Jan 2016 00:49 #18 by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost)
Replied by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost) on topic January 2016 Highlights
This event was a blast!

Friday -
Having to tell Judge and Frank what there skills did when Jeds shack was attacked. It was back and forth calling of skills and in the heat of the moment these guys forgot what all their skills did, it was worth the laughs at the end.
Hanging out with the awesome people of Alisandria, you guys are great and I wish I spent more time with you all.

Saturday -
Hanging out with Edmund until I got executed/murdered in the inn by Magnus. I was his first ever PVP and that means a lot to me :)
Shade bringing me back through the Phokus and me vanshing instantly so as not to be seen by anyone.
Talks with Magnus once I wandered back into the inn and subsequently having people lose their minds that I would so blatantly walk back into the inn 30mins after my execution like nothing happened

Sunday -
Nothing of importance to note

This event was full of a lot of rp for me and I will never give up becoming better than I had to be to make Magnus actually PVP!

Baht A'tal Damien Mograinne
Champion of Galmachis

OOG Josh LaBar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn)
27 Jan 2016 01:40 #19 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic January 2016 Highlights

Garlan Tanwyn wrote: So far I've LARPed in a hurricane and blizzard for 2/4 of my events. What severe weather condition is next?

Can I put five gold on a erupting Volcano?

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Coran Tanwyn (Jtomlin), Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
27 Jan 2016 08:07 #20 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic January 2016 Highlights
How could I forget Alchemy Mod?!?!!
Seeing Belberith again was great, and finally meeting #01, Eden! Lauren, as always, great RP, and I look forward to more!

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
27 Jan 2016 09:01 #21 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic January 2016 Highlights
My main highlight was, without a doubt, finally attaining my Von Ritter lineage skill. I really want to thank the guys who npc'd for that and gave me quite a fight in the snow. Sam Owens, John Jones, Gene Stern and I believe it was Alex schleicher ? I was so exhausted and elated and you guys always give a worthwhile fight.

Loved chatting with the Tanwyns, brooding with zero by the fire, witch hunter meeting and shenanigans (Penguin squad) and of course fighting so many undead all weekend.

Also fantastic rp with peaches, I hope Lorelai wasn't too mean! As usual, teamwork with Dennis brand (until he fell onto his shield on his back and turtled)

Thanks again folks, this was a big weekend for me.

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
27 Jan 2016 10:02 #22 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic January 2016 Highlights
This event was probably one of my favorite winter events to date.

starting off with the awesome opening, and the town plowing through the husks.

Elric's internal monologue when he met aguarra is something that I wish other people could have heard...

Paeoniis' Phokus walk, and Drew/Alex's commentary.

Talking to the other smiths about how to fix up the town (BTW, I am gonna refer to this weekend as "Smith Plot" from now on... hope nobody minds)

Saturday:
Adventurer's guild shenanigans.
Repairing the building
more adventurer's guild shenanigans.

Explaining to a couple of people that Elric's cloak was stolen by a pretty high elf.

More Adventurers' guild shenanigans (and shade's booty game)

The count's Phokus walk (or, his hair's phokus walk, to be specific. Its majesty knows no bounds)

Building the box, which was awesome RP, by the way!

Main Mod was really fun, and the face was a nice touch. (still not gonna ask)

Looking forward to the february event!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
27 Jan 2016 10:12 #23 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)

Elric_Ashby wrote: Elric's internal monologue when he met aguarra is something that I wish other people could have heard...

You and I need to talk at some point, because I feel the exact same way about Caldor's internal monologue.

Elric_Ashby wrote:
BTW, I am gonna refer to this weekend as "Smith Plot" from now on... hope nobody minds

I prefer Fix It Felix plot, but ok.

Caldor Eirson,

Vintner

~~~~~~
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

~~~~~~~
27 Jan 2016 13:18 #24 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic January 2016 Highlights
The other thrall was mark h.

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
The following user(s) said Thank You: Onca (Lorelai)
28 Jan 2016 15:56 #25 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic January 2016 Highlights
-Husk battles retaking the proper

-How many Brands get to be Husks? (Clearly we just need to grab everyone else in the family and let them have a go at it)

-People letting me interrupt conversations Saturday morning to spread information without getting mad at me.

-Homunculi are pretty cool. Politely informing the visitors the place was going to blow up shortly. Also, Eden will wreck your day.

-There were more than a few new players I want to kind of watch from a distance and shower with stuff reminiscent of 'Let's find an epic quest for you guys to save the world. Not us, just you new amazing RPers'

-Snow! :3 The seriousness of the outside RP (just survived a mini/continuing apocalypse) was basically all that kept me from romping through it like a spazz.

-Helped with Smith stuff. Was fun just RPing general repairs. I need more just chill RP interactions and less work.

-More people noticing the ears this event (maybe because they were a lighter shade than usual (thank you Sam for letting me borrow those!)) Made Ilana a little self conscious.

-Magnus talking about fancy dinners for next feast and calling George son just about killed Ilana.

-Aleister concerned Ilana was not working on building a fancy box like he asked. Watching Steve's eyes light up as I showed him the *stack* of materials I had for the box after feast.

-Getting the saddest look as I had gloves returned to me on Sunday.

-Faust! Ilana wants to kidnap him so bad (glad he's learning scholar stuff) Though hearing someone call Sorel 'Emperor' was far to amusing. 'Emperor Goldfish' it is

-Paeoniis is about Ilana's favorite physician student currently. He follows what she says and is at least amused by how informal she is.

-After event hangouts were pretty great too

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Magnus (hippy g0th), Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
  • Dimetri Yhatzi
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Si khohaimo may pachivalo sar o chachimo
  • Thank Yous: 127
04 Feb 2016 20:59 - 05 Feb 2016 12:27 #26 by Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart)
Replied by Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart) on topic January 2016 Highlights
Lots of RP was done because Damian is not a fan of wet and cold. One day a cloak will be made and worn but not this time.

Buying and selling and moving and scheming...Building the Town: Enterprising Style.

Tea Time! Buffalo Chicken pastries, pears, ginger snaps, dried fruit. And TEA!

Talking about relationships and choices in life. Woot Ostcliff!

Willpower lesson! Sorry Justin for breaking you. I had to stick around to make sure you were ok. Thank you Crane, Magpie, and Loon for helping to fix there Capt's "problem".

Future Shenigans! Money, Businesses, Money!

Can't wait for next game!

Dimetri Yhatzi
Viceroy of Ostcliff
Druid of the Conclave.
Master Merchant and Locksmith, The Purple Thistle
Mashkar le gadjende leski shib si le Romeski zor

Damian VanHart - OOG
Marshal

"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune--they're all just ways of claiming your success without claiming your failures."
Last edit: 05 Feb 2016 12:27 by Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart). Reason: Confusion by others
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.768 seconds