Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights

15 Aug 2016 01:15 #1 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights was created by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Despite the "dear gods, why?" heat and humidity, I had a pretty dang good time this event. Thanks to Garrett, Kirsten, and Goose for stepping up and writing an awesome event with juuuuust the right number of twists and turns to make it REALLY interesting.

And now, the highlights!

Friday:

- Actual murderhobo, Shia Labeouf

- Some kickin' npcs on my marshal shift

- Finally using my Secret Recipe after years of roleplay, IG and OOG research, and moral debates on the ethics of testing on active undead. Thanks, Karen for helping to make a cowardly Alchemist feel awesome.

- Better (and continued) living through recreational narcotics

-Being polite gets results.

Saturday:

-The continuation of my polyamorous relationship between three air conditioners

-NPCing for Adventurer's Guild mod. I don't get to NPC often anymore, but I love doing mods where the combat and flavorful RP are kicked up to high gear and PCs are creative. This was one such mod. It was really great to see the combat RP chops of a lot of the newer players (and some low leveled experienced players) really making an impact. A+ mod. Would Corpse Tree Dryad again.

-Thanks to everyone who came to and helped out with my lecture (or found me later to ask for a one-on-one version). It's been super rewarding to actually present publicly the results of what Nigel has been working towards since character creation. All the questions, curiosity, and discussions on the practical and theoretical implications of the research that has gone into this Secret Recipe were fantastic.

-Extra shout out to Josh for donning that mask and hood in the ridiculous heat just to be part of the live demonstration for the lecture. All of the reactions from the audience were great. Nigel's research ethics make for some really fun people-watching.

-Being Polite Gets Results, Part 2: Electric Boogaloo (Now with 50% more Rend Limb!)

-Dat garlic bread, tho.

-All of the discussions about research with William, Kestrel, Starling, etc, and getting to use my new toys for Nigel's research already.

-Being polite gets results: bonus edition. Questions of a god walking the earth into the nature of death, divinity, faith, and fate.

-Galmachis: "It behooves me to be polite."
Nigel: "Finally, someone understands."

-The shadow of Alok Malagan continues to shape and direct Nigel's life. Unexpected reunions, revelations, and lasting scars, both physical and mental.

Sunday:

- Nigel's joy at field-testing his Secret Recipe on a demon, and the Londwyn viewing audience's group cheer at its success.

-The strangely compelling combination of mead, cocaine, and blood.

-Having slept for more than 3 hours this event resulting in me being a vaguely functional human

As always, one of my absolute favorite parts of playing this character is the conversations and discussions I have with people. Whether it be about research, culture, past experiences, or glimpses into what makes a character tick, I always greatly enjoy being able to experience the depth of roleplay that comes out in the quieter moments.

See you all next game!

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Liz (Liz), Faila (Faila), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Valanye Kennyr'renaith (daniela franceschetti), Kestrel (Kestrel), Azra (Wingedbeastie)
15 Aug 2016 02:01 #2 by Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn)
Replied by Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn) on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights
This might've been one of my favorite events this year, tons of stuff happened and my luck with finding things continues.

- Friday started slow and then undead attacked, I figured it'd be the normal stuff. It wasn't.

- Luckily for me I was only devoured twice and I was around people each time. Thanks again to Swift and Peaches for bringing me out of crit those two times.

- Enjoyed an awesome mod Friday night with some other sneaky folk, even if it did get a little slow at the end it was challenging enough but still fun. Bonus: the sounds of disappointment from others when they run up to help fight but are told they don't see or hear anything.

- Bed later than normal but before sunrise, or so I thought until I was woken up by undead scanning me and then leaving without attacking.

- Corpse tree mod on Saturday was fun, it's always great watching new players learn in a trial by fire

- Finding shiny objects on the ground is my favorite thing, I don't know if I could ever not play Romani

- After fighting the undead Friday I much preferred watching others fight the crazy acrobatic undead

- Seeing the First Mate get away so many times was pretty great, and I got his sword which is even better

- The trials were awesome, A+ on everyone's parts, loved seeing the variety of both crimes presented and justice dealt, although lost my bet on Cade being innocent but won on Calven being innocent (could never bet against family)

- Food Saturday was great, thanks again for that

- Spent main mod as an NPC, loved the setup, wished we could've spent longer out there fighting, water balloons were a ton of fun to throw, lightning in the background was awesome, all around seemed like a great main mod

- Post-main mod NPC shift was relatively relaxed, got to be a disgruntled pitchfork salesman who lost his boat and pitchforks to the pirates attacking, luckily Burkhart promised he'd work his forge replacing them all plus interest for reparations (since the heroes of Travance did cause the pirate attack technically)

- Enjoyed the time spent in the inn with Owen Piper and friends (don't know your names unfortunately)

- Owen Piper tried to convince me to physically assault Galmachis so as to complete my Master Warrior training. I did not, but was prepared to give Gamblor 100 gold to do so (and he would have too)

- Went to bed at almost a normal hour and got an unprecedented amount of sleep at KR for once

- Sunday finally completed my Master Warrior training despite actual dirt that landed perfectly in my eye

- Also experienced the rending of my limb by Billliamm and the subsequent healing of my limb by Lord Aleister (thank you both)

- Had a great mod with Mayer run by Bill, super simple but still a ton of fun

- Interesting talk on Sunday about a subject that may cost someone a life tag or a whole lot of gold, can't wait to see where that goes

Can't make it to the family event but I can't wait to see everyone in September

Garlan Tanwyn

OOG: Sam P.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Coran Tanwyn (Jtomlin), Calven Tanwyn (Jyamp2), Crane (Erikkinbob)
  • Kardin
  • The Blackjaw
  • Thank Yous: 121
15 Aug 2016 02:33 - 15 Aug 2016 13:07 #3 by Kardin (Ben)
Replied by Kardin (Ben) on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights
Highlights
-Working and adventuring alongside Marcus, Kreylin, Miss Amelia, and Aldric (the Coast Havener). You guys are growing as a team and Kardin loves being a part of the battles and all of the collective hijinks. We're gonna go far, Young Bloods!

-Accidentally interrupting the criminal trial with CHICKEN AND POTATOES, and listening to the comedy routine that was Calven Tanwyn's defense.

-Drawing cats, bunnies, mighty dragons, and lesbian art with Chet and Pascal.

-Answering questions about the Stonefall musical theater and hearing the excitement that it incited. Super encouraging!

-Being dramatic and shirtless in the rain while having Ebony throw fireballs at Kreylin until he stopped dying.

-Speaking with Dr. Kroh about the potential of Stonefall as a new kind of town. Learning a lot about the old physician and respecting his grit and incredible vision. Kardin shares his view on artistic endeavors and knowledge as a means to inspire greatness.

-Loving the atmosphere marshals and their storm inducing weather machine, becauseholycrapthescenesetforthemainmodwasamazingandepic!

-Face palming due to Miss Amelia breaking both legs jumping out of a tree because she "thought it looked cool".

-Training with Oren to become a better swordsman. Kardin was really impressed with the Captain's advice. Guardian practice COMMENCE!

-Kardin going all Pirates of Penzance with Maer during main mod and leaping into the fray.

-Watching with pride as my idiot sons, Marcus and Kreylin swung onto the ghost ship together got hit in the face with grenades twice, fought off sharks, and generally held their own in a swirling torrent of sea water and death. Kardin was so proud of you boys that he actually teared up a little.

-Working with Maer to get Allyce back and being in awe of his friend's determination and razor focus. Maer is getting stronger and stronger and if he ever forgets how useful he really is, Kardin will be sure to be there and remind him.

Kardin Armister of the Hiolangorn || Shield of the North
Vassal to Lord Aleister Tartaros of Drega'mire
Iron Centurion of Palindor

============
OOG:
Ben F.
============
"Never get discouraged. People may punish you for every good thing you'll ever do, but you only fail if they get you to stop. Your actions can mend a heart, save a Light, or topple the mightiest foe."
Last edit: 15 Aug 2016 13:07 by Kardin (Ben).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Calven Tanwyn (Jyamp2), Crane (Erikkinbob)
  • Azra
  • Thank Yous: 6
15 Aug 2016 02:35 #4 by Azra (Wingedbeastie)
Replied by Azra (Wingedbeastie) on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights
Okay, my particular highlights (apologies for missing/incorrect names)

Friday:

- People being super lax about certain magical eccentricities, yay

- The young lady in the Adventure's Guild who explained why the city is such a bag of cats

- Talking with Papa Kifu about what was coming

Saturday:

- The fight against the corpse tree/dryad, the following sword lesson.

-NPCing as a Undead Pirate, everyone's response to the 5 entities following Barnabus the mage and playing Patience, escaped Scullery Maid/Aspiring Mage.

Sunday:

- People watching as various people trained.

-Seth throwing the cheese vendor's cheese out of the Inn

- Two Ogres (I think enter the Inn), gentleman leaps away, NOPING away from possible attack.

- Samuel and his 'withwood' and his bag full of savings

-Mama Mae (May?) calmly shooting a demon, then turning and asking if anyone wanted some marmalade.

OOG - Scout M.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Valanye Kennyr'renaith (daniela franceschetti)
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
15 Aug 2016 03:53 - 15 Aug 2016 03:57 #5 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights
I dont think Ive done one of these recaps in a long while but.... this event, if any, deserves it.

First off? Holy. Crap. The. Weather.

Friday:

Dealing with side effects of the previous event still- it literally almost seemed like someone knew every trigger Allyce has and just sent them ALL OUT. Props to those who noticed she was shaky- and some people did.

Helped to save people! Almost killed one of them right after! Then walked into a tracking mod with Ketryn! And having us both almost die!

Seeing a Ritual Undead and just wanting him dead. Otherwise known as the "....Athletic feat again? Lacerate again? Running again!" encounter.

Being chosen for parlay and Allyce barely managing to channel her need for information over her need to just be plain violent to an undead.

Going to bed- finally- only to get to overhear a reanimation. Which in turn spurred more RP. Which meant I then went to bed at 630 am. (Worth it)

Saturday

Making myself get up at 1030 am to make sure I was out for a possible Noon showing of the Priestess.

Walking to the Baron and having him pin me with a stare and literally ask "Is this important?" All Allyce could say was "Maybe?" It absolutely was important but Gods can the Baron make her tongue tied.

The fights. The fights. The fights.

The trial!! Face palming a lot of times.

Fighting more!

Making decisions! I HAD A BACKUP PLAN! It just....didnt work. Being talked to OOG about possible IG repercussions and just starting to laugh and laugh and laugh.... Poor Allyce.

Main Mod! Everyone wanted me it seemed. I just walked around attacking people once the Priestess left. And then found the Baron. And then everyone found me!!

The phokus walk. Dear. Gods. Brian T? You know what I mean.

Walking right from that into another emergency. Walking from that emergency into an interrogation. Walking from that interrogation to bed. Allllll in the rain!

Sunday:

Just literally being out of it IG all morning. Really out of it. People know why. But! I saved the Baron? Yay!

SPECIAL NOTE: To the Guard (and honestly everyone) who apparently were just determined to get me back. That honestly touched me as a player and if Allyce knew, it would likely touch her as well. To Oren who steadfastly refused to let someone see something on my body because he'd sworn to help me hide it. To Kardin and Ebony who hunted for me. And to Maer, who apparently literally had 2 jobs on that ship and actually nearly came to blows with someone to complete those tasks. For him, thats huge. Honestly guys- the Guard IS a family now. It has been for awhile but this event proved it.

There are SO MANY OTHER things. But thats that for now. See you in Sept!! (Maybe >.>)

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
Last edit: 15 Aug 2016 03:57 by Liz (Liz).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Damien (Damien), Oren Tenderson (Tormy), Belegchand (mcalo), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Brian T. (Renthios), Kardin (Ben), Valanye Kennyr'renaith (daniela franceschetti)
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
15 Aug 2016 10:50 #6 by Seth (Kurteth)
Replied by Seth (Kurteth) on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights
Friday night, becoming an Orphan named Jack, who was subsequently adopted by Aria.

Saturday, looting the treasure map off of an undead pirate, returning it to the Baton, and then sent to folow it with the Baron's steward and a member of his Onyx guard, Grass.

CHICKEN AND POTATOES

Swinging into battle on the ship, dodging canon fire (water balloons), carrying an ally who had no limbs to safety, fighting (Tiffany) a staff wielding undead for about 5 minutes.

Watching someone try and ride a dire cow. And then having the dire cow threaten me when I ask about steaks

Sunday, sparring with various people out in front of the Inn. Repelling a demon attack, getting a new sword crafted.

First event, a ton of fun. I can't wait to come back.

Seth

[hr]

OOG:Ben Carlson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Wylla H. (Tifferzlives), Valanye Kennyr'renaith (daniela franceschetti), Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
  • Wili
  • Thank Yous: 206
15 Aug 2016 11:15 #7 by Wili ()
Replied by Wili () on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights
Friday:

WILI WAS USEFUL!! Not only was I responsible for freeing our two kidnapped people (you're WELCOME by the way) without using any hide skills (I'm just that sneaky), I got to paint a beautiful mural of a blackbird. Thanks for being the ONLY one to appreciate my artwork, Seifer. Ungrateful swine, the lot of you.

Drinks drinks and more drinks. Perks of running the blackbird- it is the coolest non-air conditioned area in game. Trade-off: floating floor. I had a LOT of drink options this weekend, sugar free and bubbly, and it seemed to go over well. Finely honing the menu so I can make permanent ones soon!

Something got in my eye and made me half blind the rest of the weekend. I think it was a mosquito. 100 gold to anyone who can get me bug repellant that actually works. I have tried everything and STILL get eaten alive. My mom tells me it's because I'm so sweet.

Saturday almost died of heat stroke. Thanks Brian, Matt, and Jen for letting me infiltrate your cool cubby to recuperate. You still have free drinks at the BB waiting for you.

Kardins chicken and potatoes OMNOMNOM holy crap those were delicious.

Calven's trial. I had no doubt you'd get out of that, brother, but I am still very impressed.

Going to "kill pirates" with the sole intention of capturing a dire shark. Mission successful. Nesterin caught us chopping it up and was like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?! There are still things to kill!".... No man, YOU have things to kill, I got what I came for. Handing out dire shark sushi all night was fun, and I have some SWEET new accessories coming in the future.

Rainy adventures = no witnesses. It was so nice working with a team that actually makes a plan before jumping in, and actually takes into account everyone on the team and uses their skills wisely. If y'all ever need me again, I'm there.

The refreshing rain scared away all of the Travancians, so Saturday night gambling party turned into Wili and Calven getting wasted and reminiscing old times.

Kidnapping an ettercap. Skinning a nosferatu. I love killing Ben's monsters, he's so accepting of Wili's need to collect things.

Wilindé Aläciel
AKA Wili
Blackbird Manager Extraordinaire

OOG-Kelley Commeford
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Cecilia Mercier (jsin), Kardin (Ben), Valanye Kennyr'renaith (daniela franceschetti), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample), Calven Tanwyn (Jyamp2), Azra (Wingedbeastie)
15 Aug 2016 13:14 #8 by Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
Replied by Fenri Kantaris (Miked) on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights
Having the impending storm flashing in the background during main mod = amazing.

Had some awesome Healer RP with Thalia, Leona and a new Healer (Emily OOG, don't remember IG).

Pendarvin land meeting and hearing how proper Hurgar was around a Quinarian lady impressed me.

I am starting to enjoy being up later and dealing with all the night time chaos because it seems that people seem to not need healing or have such a terribly large pool of BP that it's unnecessary for me to be there.

I am truly disappointed at the lack of fear that Fenri has while wandering around the proper both IG and OOG, but mostly OOG. I have been in Travance for almost a year and have gone from "there's no way I am going anywhere alone" to "haven't heard of anyone dying in a long time, guess I will walk down to the beach alone and enjoy the night" (which, to be fair, I was put to sleep and scalped but luckily was saved from death by Sir Hurgar), Coast Haven seems to be a scarier place than Travance, this is disappointing, as a Healer I feel as though my services are rarely ever needed. Fenri needs to have a chat with some Witch Hunters because it seems that being a non-combat Healer = never having anything to do. (to which I hear proclimations of "three people just died, where were you?!" and the answer is "I don't know".

BACK TO TALKING ABOUT THE EVENT.

Main mod was amazing, truly (although space seemed to be...tight).

I had a great RP session with Dimitri when I learned 1HE proficiency, truly a fantastic lesson that I actually applied later when I was fighting as an NPC.

Kardin gets all my love for walking right in to the middle of court with food (which was OOG delicious and worth 10g).

Fenri Kantaris

OOG: Mike Daly
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy (Andy), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kardin (Ben), Alia D'Font (DatStephy), Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
15 Aug 2016 14:08 - 15 Aug 2016 14:29 #9 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights
Biggest downside to being late showing up for the event is I missed out meeting all the new players. The ones I ran into were fantastic though. Shout out to the new wildmage! She was such a delight to talk to Friday night and the group of new players in the *amazing* armor.

NPCing the New Player Mod was an absolute blast. The pressure was real from Matt and Zipeto getting ready to murder-face everything.

Ilana's Highlights:

-With the appearance of the Coast Haveners avatar, they suddenly all got very interested in talking about their culture, that's clearly what happened. Getting to learn about the different spirits and even having a chance to make some bandages and put some twigs in them for the door.

-Reanimating someone! I haven't been able to do that in awhile. She was such a good sport about it too being an 'under 3 events' character too <3

-Leading Pendarvin and the very effective shield rush to the other boat. I think we only got a bit separated as we were bouncing back and forth between boats, but thank you to them for working together

-Sharks are terrifying o.o Thank the Gods I bought extra deflects. (Also, I just need to say A+ to the ravenous Shark crew. George legitimately thought Ilana was getting ripped apart by sharks you guys were frenzy-ing in one spot I just escaped from. I think he was getting ready to boil the ocean.)

Keola's Highlights:

-Learning some more druidics!

-Nigel's lecture

-Being able to openly make fun of the trials and not get arrested because everyone listening agreed.

-Ice cream sales :3 Lemon sorbet + cinnamon apples = amazing.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 15 Aug 2016 14:29 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom P (Father Ridigan), Faila (Faila), Kardin (Ben), Valanye Kennyr'renaith (daniela franceschetti), Azra (Wingedbeastie)
  • Grashügel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Safety Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 241
15 Aug 2016 14:12 #10 by Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
Replied by Grashügel (HAZMAT221) on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights
Sad to see that another event has passed, but very happy there are already things to look forwards to on the horizon.

Friday night began without a hitch. Gras was a little worrisome about the large influx of coast haveners despite it being his "night off" . Despite all that was happening around him, he was able to gather more information regarding his study of the moon and everything and anything that has to do with it.

Despite the heat and humidity which is tolerable for me, I was able to enjoy the night sky and all its wonder on the shore and the lake. It was a very nice moment until a hoard of pirates and undead saunter by. We made sure to not stick round very long after that haha.

NPC shift in the early hours of Saturday morning was very eventful. I thoroughly enjoyed the pace and longevity of our roles. It was also interesting to scare the pants off some unlikely heroes and become the bump in the night. I hope no one is too displeased with us.

After recovering from my late night shift, I eventually made my way to the inn. I enjoyed several lessons and once again continued to learn about the many beings in our world. It became apparent to Gras that he wishes to one day know about anything and everything about monsters, beasts, and the fantastic beings of Travance. He may event try to publish a work (at his own pace and by his own hand) on all creatures so. This of course would take a great amount of time. ( he does have to learn the lores one or two at at time after all)

Also in regards to Knowledge, gras is happy to see that he is generating some interest in Moon Elves and the moon in general. By far, his two favorite people to talk to about them are Chet and Kanas. I am also bummed to also hear OOG that there may of been a "moon elf" wandering about on Saturday. Another time perhaps. Overall, I am interested to see where this goes.

Now comes the trial. Who could forget that? It was great to see the Role play that occurred and get a feel for IG Law and use of IG discretion by the Baron and Bob. And of course, Kardin. THE TIMING WAS PERFECT (and it has just the right pause after CHICKEN!)! the food was also very good.

There were a string of interesting conversations that led up to main mod. Kardin's play ( god I hope it comes to be) , Bob and Angeliana having a civil discussion about Agaura and Andorra, and Chet seeing what a Moon Elf looks like for the first time.

Main Mod- Shout out to the crew for fine tuning the weather just right. Overall, It was very unique. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

After main mod, things got even better! A dire cow appeared at the inn. Gras had the distinct pleasure of being able to see Chet climb the cow (after a indirect suggestion ;) ) and ride it like a bull. It was good fun. Gras was even able to secure two bottles of dire milk.

Things slowed at that point, however, Gras had a wonderful conversation with Dr. Krow. He looks forward to future interactions.

Overall, an excellent weekend

Taylor Meise
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Kardin (Ben), Valanye Kennyr'renaith (daniela franceschetti), Azra (Wingedbeastie)
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
15 Aug 2016 14:47 - 15 Aug 2016 16:30 #11 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights
I went into this event not having to worry about purposely staying out of the main plot for the first time since February, and I told myself I was going to throw myself as much into it as possible. I didn’t realize quite how much this was going to be the “wait, what?” weekend. This was also the weekend of “Rook does ALL THE COMBAT THINGS”. I did more running into fights this weekend than I did all my other events combined. I still missed a LOT of the main parts of the plot, but had an absolutely amazing time. Thank you to the whole crew of the winged victory (but especially Alice), Steve, Gus, Karen, Onca, Drew, and so many others for just absolutely phenomenal RP.

This is going to be long but I had a lot of highlights

Friday-

Enjoying Wili’s excitement over her arts and crafts, but trying to explain to her that “No we don’t go walking up to the captain of the guard covered in blood that’s a bad idea” and her being so confused why. Trying not to Facepalm

Siefer posing the question of Rook squiring in literally the only way she actually would have accepted that. Still definitely was a major “wait, what?” moment. I really didn’t think that was going to happen any time soon. It caught me off guard, but I’m so glad because that made this weekend have some of the best role play I’ve ever had at game.

Lessons with Lorelai. Most emotional lesson I’ve had yet. Rook nearly broke down at one point. Ow my heart. I don’t even know if you heard what she said to herself before she was able to channel, Onca, but it hurt to even say it.

Walking back to the inn and coming across an attack with undead; Channeling posi for the first time in a fight. The look on the people’s faces who realized that I was using posi. So beautiful. So glad I fated that for the weekend. Lead to some great RP.

About to go to bed at 3 am, sitting with lorelai at pendarvin eating a donut, and hearing a super faint scream off in the distance. Stomach dropping, instinctively going “No, that’s coming from Drega’Mire. Winged Victory is under attack.” Super Squire Birb Powers Activate? No idea how I just knew it was Drega, I just did. Running all the way across the proper as fast as I could as everyone is running away. Panicking, running around trying to find my birb crew, realizing that they were inside the tent with wards. Being so relieved I nearly hugged them. Then realizing people were missing and running out of the tent into the fight to try to find the rest of the crew to bring them back to safety. Realizing Cade was down and going “Fuck this, I’m not letting them die” and running back into the heat of the fight to get Angeliana. Circling up with Chet and someone else (can’t remember, it was so dark) and all of us taking on one undead at once. I haven’t had that much adrenaline in a fight yet at game, and it was probably one of the best intense mods I’ve gone on. I don’t think my heart stopped pounding for an hour after. I had so much fun, even if rook was completely terrified and trying to fight through panic. I love stuff like that, stuff that makes the game feel so real

Finally getting to bed at 6am, only to get up an hour and a half later to cook breakfast.

Saturday-

Taking a fun walk with Siefer and Aleister. Siefer asking aleister if I could be his squire. Aleister going “Damnit, I wanted her! That’s the 5th squire I wanted that someone took first!”

Aleister to random person on the road who was walking by- “How would you feel if you were mugged right now?”
Random person on the road- “*WINDWALKER*” *runs away*
Aleister- “….. I was just trying to start a conversation. Damnit now I’m going to have to go deal with that”

Being informed that the man with the skeleton face and the top hat was asking about me… by name… Rook proceeding to be like “……… wait what?” I never did run into him all weekend though, even though Rook spent a few hours looking for him. Apparently every time I walked out of the inn he would walk in, and vise versa. I just really wanted to talk to him! Rook is so super confused and oog I’m SO CURIOUS WHAT THAT WAS ABOUT.

Rook was *so* over the undead bouncing pirate. Every time he showed up she PURPOSELY was trying to stay as far away from him as possible. And every time I tried to focus on only fighting the undead she knew she could hurt, suddenly he’s behind her. Getting my butt saved by Curse of Madness that was put on me a few months ago. The only time I dropped into serious all game and the moment I jumped up and started attacking people I got frozen in ice and then they were able to remove it from me. So thank you for that.

Sitting with Annora and Aleister and Siefer and all making comments under our breaths about the trial and what we thought of the proceedings.

Going to take a nap at about 5pm because I was so overheated and drenched with sweat that I needed to just not be in clothes anymore. Wake up to someone pounding on the door. Walk over, forgetting I wasn’t wearing a shirt, and just opening the door and being all angry face “WHAT DO YOU WANT?!?” and see the Spookiest person in Travance standing there staring at me with a creepy doll. I had never even seen him before. I thought for a moment I might die, especially since I didn’t have any weapons on me. He hands me the creepy doll of himself and tells me to give it to aleister. I, being the mature and responsible person I am, proceed to scare Annora with it in her sleep, before setting it up creepily to sit on a chair staring at Aleister’s stuff, before going back to sleep for a few minutes. Wake up to Aleister flipping out about the doll, then making it make funny voices.

All of us missing the announcements for feast, so getting Squired in Dregaroom instead. The super awkward moment of being asked for my real name and refusing to tell it. The super touching moment of Aleister and Siefer both pointing out they had my back, no matter what happened and not making me tell it. Then going down to feast and having to awkwardly stand there and get clapped at. Rook doesn’t like people staring at her if she doesn’t have to. She was very excited to escape to the Adventurers Guild for food.

SO MUCH FOOD. I spent most of this weekend being handed lots of food by people (I love you all, thank you), but even so, the AG dinner had so much amazing delicious food. Best moment though by far was walking up to Ven, sticking some food in my mouth and going “Fuck you, Pay me”. Him throwing gold at me every time I ate something. It was wonderful.

Aleister doing something that I didn’t even know was possible and suddenly I’m doing like double my damage and have all these sweet skills temporarily (and also being made of wood, which made for interesting RP). Rook is starting to learn not to ask questions when Aleister does stuff.

Main mod was Gorgeous. Great job on the storm storytellers! ;P

Having what was my favorite lesson yet. I love lessons that require creative problem solving. “Open this box any way you can, but you can’t break it.”
First time, used a scroll to dispel the magic holding it shut. Easy.
Second time was harder, mainly because no one in the whole inn had what I needed. Ended up paying Karkat for his idea and then paying him to open it for me.
Third time, getting blinded by T’soli so Siefer can hide the box. He comes back, tells me to find it. I look straight at him and go “Tracking.” He was like “how do you have tracki- DAMNIT I gave that to you, Using my own skills against me.” Tracking him to where he hid the box, though he still thinks he has me because the box is invisible. I call him over, and use true sight. The look on his face as he’s like “………… well I just learned something new about my squire.” So beautiful.

Taking care of the Psion who’s been a major thorn in my side since February. Witnessing my first IG dread surgery. That was fun to watch.

Walking into the kitchen and started washing other peoples dishes because it was a mess. Siefer telling me I was nobling wrong.

Sunday-

Taking it super easy since I slept in two hours longer than planned. Lots of roleplay and being used in other people’s lessons.

Realizing that Jackdaw had no idea I was a squire now, and not telling him. Taking bets with starling on how long it would take him to realize that I was one.

HILARIOUS conversation with Billiamm, Aleister and the spooky healer. I was on the ground laughing so hard I was crying. Welcome to the new official Spookiness Advisor of Drega’Mire.

I never had a moment to sit and relax the entire game. Nonstop moving, and it was absolutely amazing. 22/10, would do it again.

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
Last edit: 15 Aug 2016 16:30 by Cara Easton (Raeelle).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Onca (Lorelai), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Valanye Kennyr'renaith (daniela franceschetti), Crane (Erikkinbob), Azra (Wingedbeastie)
  • Herzog
  • Thank Yous: 7
15 Aug 2016 17:21 #12 by Herzog (Herzog)
Replied by Herzog (Herzog) on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights
Overall a good time, I'm really glad everyone liked the aesthetics of the armor suits I'd built for myself and Ann, as we kept getting a lot of positive comments on that.

After sitting quietly through the trial in the back, knitting away his scale maille and listening in on things Volker was convinced of two things:

#1 - These people took their religions seriously
#2 - They were more ornery about matters of faith than cats dropped in a bucket of cold water

So when there was an actual discussion in the bar about the nature of local faiths and regions AND it was being held by someone with a good legal background, he was very pleased to get a chance to go in with the skull of his many times g reat ancestress just to make sure he could properly revere his great mother without someone having him executed or worse trying to take her away.

"Please...do not refer to great mother as 'it' " (in reference to the bloody skull)

#AncestorWorship
#GreatMotherIsBoss

I was actively trying to get mugged by pirates all weekend by standing around with my back to the room over the anvil, sadly no takers. But the water creatures (hippocampie siren things?) strolled...naturally when he was working on a sword, and got one of the more amusing conversations of the weekend.

"Hey friend, do you want to come with us to the beach?"
"NO. I am working on sword."
"But we're gonna have a picnic."
"NO. Must finish sword, improper to leave forging incomplete!"
"But we could hang out..."
"WHAT? I DO NOT WISH TO BE HUNG!"

*charm*

"I WILL GO WITH YOU! TO THE BEACH! AND HAVE THIS PICK NICK!"

I am sadly awful with names so I cannot recall her beyond 'Awesome tree spirit lady' who started talking to Volker out of the tree...which made him freak RIGHT the heck out, as he is superstitious to begin with, who then stepped OUT of the tree, making him drop his sword and shield, grab in ancestors skull and beg the tree spirit to bless them both - after politely asking the nature of her magic (druids good! arcanums ptui!)

Running around as some manner of skeletal warrior I was quickly dubbed 'That clattering bastard' since I couldn't talk I just kept snapping my teeth at people and getting into as many fights as I could. Then having to get reigned in as apparently I was starting TOO many fights as the undead...then more or less just trying to up thep hysical RP of looking ready to commit great physical offense while glancing at the nearest captain in the begging 'Oh please oh please oh please OH YES ITS KILLING TIME!" when I got the nod.

Thank you everyone for being so welcoming and friendly!

Herzog - Daniel Burke
Everything you have heard is true. Especially the false things.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sister Danae (Danae), Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
  • Dethie Blackeby
  • Ná bac le cúraimí na ndragan, ós briosc atá tú agus fíorbhlasta le h-anlann trátaí!
  • Thank Yous: 37
15 Aug 2016 18:29 #13 by Dethie Blackeby (DethieBlackeby)
Replied by Dethie Blackeby (DethieBlackeby) on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights
First, Dethie was not a fan of this weekend because pirate reasons, but aside from that - and the weather, of course - it was great. Blame the weather on the pirates. Yes, that'll do.

In no particular order:

-Statehouse + AC = \o/ Thanks to Lord and Lady Weaveforger for their care and hospitality.

-Dethie had her first taste of satyr's wine.... yeah... we'll leave that subject alone.

-Learning Spirit of the Dragon from Utgard was amazing. Had a lot of fun with the RP, not to mention yay dragon. Thanks doesn't begin to cover it.

-Amusing paperwork shift... apologies to anyone who may have come away with OOG bad feelings from the RP. Also, there's a lot of room for fun when you're a zombie being dissected.

"I search your boots."

"Some toes fall off. You could make a necklace as a trophy."

"Ew!"

Thanks to Gamblor and the petite pretty satyr (I don't know your name, sorry) for being my cue to slow the eff down and drink some water. When two people separately express concern, yeah, it's time to stop.

-The ultimately unnecessary lesson with Billiamm that had the silver linings of rules clarification, some fun RP and the exchange of information on a topic of mutual interest.

-I don't know whose little girl that was with the rainbow sword, picking fights with everyone before feast, but she was amazing. She ran at someone but was ignored and looked so dejected, so I approached and told her to come at me. Her little face lit up and she came at me like a beast <3 To her parents, good job, keep it up.

-Time spent with Beilgor (who just gets cooler every time), Chet (don't worry, we're always good :)), Midori (ever enchanting, and always with a refreshing perspective).

-New players Tim, Dan and Anne, who I hope to have the chance to get to know better at future events; you guys all rocked.

Looking forward to September :)

IG: Dethie Blackeby
Vassal of Kaladonia
OOG: Merideth P.... or you can still call me Dethie :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Valanye Kennyr'renaith (daniela franceschetti)
15 Aug 2016 20:35 #14 by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
Replied by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt) on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights
Oy, ye be sum naughty lil buggers, but a solid lot I say mates!

I have to say, being a main event boss is summed up as a lot of talking, doing as your told, and getting beaten up for a few hours...or grade school for some of us. I'm kidding folks, I would do it all again, just not today please!!! I can now honestly say that I bled for role play. Had I not gotten hurt, I'd of fought on, because that's fun, and I too enjoy a good scrap!!!

A few others got messed up this event, maybe Voodoo for realsies???
I hope everyone is okay, this was a blast to play and be a part of. I tried to role play with anyone who wanted it, and few I'm sure that wish they happened to not in hindsight...

Mike and Steph, you two are a hoot and a half, so glad you both made and got some fun role play with us. I especially hope you liked my NPCs signature.

Aaron and May, what can I say about that scene, that isn't too telling? It was over a 100° and there we all are, completely in the moment. I'm impressed with you both. I want everyone to know that if it wasn't so hot, that scene would have continued. Aaron sir, I owe you an item card! I have NOT forgotten, and will ask for one to be made for yourself, as the original got a little, well A LOT, wet.
May your rp as a White Sorceress AND Onyx Guard was all too clear, I can't say many could roleplay both at the same time, and you did flawlessly, I tip my odd hat at you! The new players that were there, you all were fantastic, I hope you had fun.

To all those NPCing WITH ME, it was so hot, at times we walked, talked as we baked in the sun, and fought until breathing was hard. You ALL deserve a bow, pat yourselves on the back, you earned it! I thank you, our community thanks you, the hard work you put in was worth it! You kept me going harder and harder for the PCs. Great job, and I would NPC with anyone of you again, not a single complaint from me folks.

Chris and John beating my undead arse into the ground!!! I love you guys, that fight was great and you more than earned the kill Chris! You fought and fought with literally one arm and one leg. GREAT COMBAT ROLEPLAY! Yeah John...THAT does work, and YES, we know it, seriously though, best use of that skill I've seen.

Tinney burning his Immaculate Defense was tight, way to rp my man.

For those with the inside scoop;
- "Diamond Daddy is a comin for ya!!!"
- Post AND Premortem moisture"
-"That sure isn't what I meant by an arm and a leg, but I'll take it, deary!"

"Swyft, who's got your tail?" Renee you a blast, and I had to scare you, way to get meaner in combat gurl! I'm proud of you. You can rp, but now you can ROLEPLAY and stomp some ass!!!

Josh Dykeman, y'all ready for this one...
Thanks for helping newer players and some veterans find their footing my friend, your still an ass, but I love ya brother!!!

I dropped Angel with her own attacks and I yelled, "I thunk I broke this one, some one should help her, if I do it isn't really wanted help."

Cody Queen won this event, which I love and hate him for as I can't go into detail. Your the luckiest man I know. For real though, if Conner slaps you...We all get it.

Eric Cripps, your PC about made me cry oog, folks this man is taking my NPCs sword to the Highlands to honor his family, because of a by sheer coincides role play scene on the road(the fact I was shaking down a PC just before hand has nothing to do with it!)

Gamblers totally missed out this weekend, and oddly enough we still turned that into a good time. I'm willing to try again. Thanks brother for helping PCs and being willing to help players.

Whoever gave me water, THANK YOU!!!(during editing, thanks.Labar)

My fellow captains and NPCs, I really hope you had as much fun as I did! I'm an obnoxious tool bag at times, but want everyone to have fun.

Maria, you were awesome, just awesome! Your dancing and chanting for the good of scenes and one on one scenes for individual players showed that you put your all into the role. I was taken back at times by just how awesome your work was. Your my NPC of the event!

The STs and Marshals, a lot happened and went wrong early this event, it wasn't anyone's fault, just a wicked twist of fates. Out of the chaos a few people really rose up to help. Matt Calo, you have more than earned a friend in myself this event, your dedicating focus and restless hours, sore body, and I'm sure overworked mind met all the challenges facing us, and I can't say enough about how well you performed!

Goose, if I didn't want to be someone else this event, your it! The stress, the everyone wanting you at all moments, the questions, the work, I don't know how you managed to pull it off, but holy cow did YOU!!!

This weekend was a blast, I loved the story, the characters, voodoo needs to be a thing, it just feels right in this setting to me. Well written, we all did as much as we could to do it proud. Great work team.

Chris Zipeto, your being polite owned that whole scene. That time I walked up on you with a group of players you were helping, and you saying that y'all were oog, I am sorry to walk up. I had no idea, but you never messed with the setting or the immersion of others. I took some notes from that, you helped me learn from it.

Ben, that was some great advice, to the rest of you, be scared! (Also, I'd love to play that goblin again.)

Steve Oros scares me...that's it, I don't really know what else to say here, that man scares me.

Luis, the work you do in the kitchen is never ending and never an easy task. You worked over a hot oven, in hot weather, without complaint, for everyone else. YOU still took the time as tired as you were, to roleplay with new players. Your presence at this game, is always wanted, and I love hearing the stories told of your scenes. I got a lot of love for you my friend. I don't know if I could have done that, after all you did, way to keep stepping up your game as veteran player!

Chris Lotano, I don't know how or where you get your energy and drive, but I am sure glad you have it. You do so much more than some see for this game, and I'm grateful for yourself and your efforts. Thanks man, you really know how to make a person cheer up and put their best foot forward.

My closing highlights are from Main Mod: Now, I need y'all to know, I wasn't trying to kill anyone this event, I'm sure I could have, but I just wanted to mess with folks and take your stuff, as a pirate should. I DIDN'T mean for anyone to take a tag, but some great RP did spawn from it! The order to hold our water balloons, and fire them, with,"LOOOSE!!!" Was a cool effect and I loved the looks of fear as players knew it was gunna be one of those moments...(My bad for you falling off the ship, but I thought SOMEONE would find you, if I could of made it, I'd have used a very stolen healing salve on you myself, but alas, folks wanted to kill me. I don't know who you are but, I hope SOMEONE found and healed you up.)
I literally started tossing SHARKS at PCs to stop them from killing a player. (I'm so sorry for that mess, but that has to be the coolest looking death ever, right? I did at least TRY to help you.)
Now, Connor as a shark refusing to not stop eating Peaches legs, was perfect shot grappling hooked and pulled onto the ship WITH the shark!!! I don't know if ANY of that scene was okay by the rules, but it sure was great rp to witness and hard not to laugh as I fought.

Thus causing what WILL be called a," Diresharknado", which is way better than a regular one, not just for copyright reasons, but because it is fun and it's dire(okay I'm sorry, blame Jeff Balla everyone.) I scalped folks, I took limbs, I bullied folks to hand over their gold and loot, it was a blast, and I hope you all loved it, because I sure did, Arrrgust round 2, was great. Hopefully next year we will be back with new and improved Diresharknado attacks, freaky epic voodoo, and even more pirate mayhem!!!

That's it, PLEASE do your event recaps everyone!!! Can we please work on being nicer to feast servers? I hope to see you all at the Family Fest Event, and the next monthly event is bought to you by none other than Matt Magnus, I can't wait to do it all again folks!

Oy, ye be sum naughty lil buggers, but a solid lot I say mates!

I have to say, being a main event boss is summed up as a lot of talking, doing as your told, and getting beaten up for a few hours...or grade school for some of us. I'm kidding folks, I would do it all again, just not today please!!! I can now honestly say that I bled for role play. Had I not gotten hurt, I'd of fought on, because that's fun, and I too enjoy a good scrap!!!

A few others got messed up this event, maybe Voodoo for realsies???
I hope everyone is okay, this was a blast to play and be a part of. I tried to role play with anyone who wanted it, and few I'm sure that wish they happened to not in hindsight...

Mike and Steph, you two are a hoot and a half, so glad you both made and got some fun role play with us. I especially hope you liked my NPCs signature.

Aaron and May, what can I say about that scene, that isn't too telling? It was over a 100° and there we all are, completely in the moment. I'm impressed with you both. I want everyone to know that if it wasn't so hot, that scene would have continued. Aaron sir, I owe you an item card! I have NOT forgotten, and will ask for one to be made for yourself, as the original got a little, well A LOT, wet.
May your rp as a White Sorceress AND Onyx Guard was all too clear, I can't say many could roleplay both at the same time, and you did flawlessly, I tip my odd hat at you! The new players that were there, you all were fantastic, I hope you had fun.

To all those NPCing WITH ME, it was so hot, at times we walked, talked as we baked in the sun, and fought until breathing was hard. You ALL deserve a bow, pat yourselves on the back, you earned it! I thank you, our community thanks you, the hard work you put in was worth it! You kept me going harder and harder for the PCs. Great job, and I would NPC with anyone of you again, not a single complaint from me folks.

Chris and John beating my undead arse into the ground!!! I love you guys, that fight was great and you more than earned the kill Chris! You fought and fought with literally one arm and one leg. GREAT COMBAT ROLEPLAY! Yeah John...THAT does work, and YES, we know it, seriously though, best use of that skill I've seen.

Tinney burning his Immaculate Defense was tight, way to rp my man.

For those with the inside scoop;
- "Diamond Daddy is a comin for ya!!!"
- Post AND Premortem moisture"
-"That sure isn't what I meant by an arm and a leg, but I'll take it, deary!"

"Swyft, who's got your tail?" Renee you a blast, and I had to scare you, way to get meaner in combat gurl! I'm proud of you. You can rp, but now you can ROLEPLAY and stomp some ass!!!

Josh Dykeman, y'all ready for this one...
Thanks for helping newer players and some veterans find their footing my friend, your still an ass, but I love ya brother!!!

I dropped Angel with her own attacks and I yelled, "I thunk I broke this one, some one should help her, if I do it isn't really wanted help."

Cody Queen won this event, which I love and hate him for as I can't go into detail. Your the luckiest man I know. For real though, if Conner slaps you...We all get it.

Eric Cripps, your PC about made me cry oog, folks this man is taking my NPCs sword to the Highlands to honor his family, because of a by sheer coincides role play scene on the road(the fact I was shaking down a PC just before hand has nothing to do with it!)

Gamblers totally missed out this weekend, and oddly enough we still turned that into a good time. I'm willing to try again. Thanks brother for helping PCs and being willing to help players.

Whoever gave me water, THANK YOU!!!(during editing, thanks.Labar)

My fellow captains and NPCs, I really hope you had as much fun as I did! I'm an obnoxious tool bag at times, but want everyone to have fun.

Maria, you were awesome, just awesome! Your dancing and chanting for the good of scenes and one on one scenes for individual players showed that you put your all into the role. I was taken back at times by just how awesome your work was. Your my NPC of the event!

The STs and Marshals, a lot happened and went wrong early this event, it wasn't anyone's fault, just a wicked twist of fates. Out of the chaos a few people really rose up to help. Matt Calo, you have more than earned a friend in myself this event, your dedicating focus and restless hours, sore body, and I'm sure overworked mind met all the challenges facing us, and I can't say enough about how well you performed!

Goose, if I didn't want to be someone else this event, your it! The stress, the everyone wanting you at all moments, the questions, the work, I don't know how you managed to pull it off, but holy cow did YOU!!!

This weekend was a blast, I loved the story, the characters, voodoo needs to be a thing, it just feels right in this setting to me. Well written, we all did as much as we could to do it proud. Great work team.

Chris Zipeto, your being polite owned that whole scene. That time I walked up on you with a group of players you were helping, and you saying that y'all were oog, I am sorry to walk up. I had no idea, but you never messed with the setting or the immersion of others. I took some notes from that, you helped me learn from it.

Ben, that was some great advice, to the rest of you, be scared! (Also, I'd love to play that goblin again.)

Steve Oros scares me...that's it, I don't really know what else to say here, that man scares me.

Luis, the work you do in the kitchen is never ending and never an easy task. You worked over a hot oven, in hot weather, without complaint, for everyone else. YOU still took the time as tired as you were, to roleplay with new players. Your presence at this game, is always wanted, and I love hearing the stories told of your scenes. I got a lot of love for you my friend. I don't know if I could have done that, after all you did, way to keep stepping up your game as veteran player!

Chris Lotano, I don't know how or where you get your energy and drive, but I am sure glad you have it. You do so much more than some see for this game, and I'm grateful for yourself and your efforts. Thanks man, you really know how to make a person cheer up and put their best foot forward.

My closing highlights are from Main Mod: Now, I need y'all to know, I wasn't trying to kill anyone this event, I'm sure I could have, but I just wanted to mess with folks and take your stuff, as a pirate should. I DIDN'T mean for anyone to take a tag, but some great RP did spawn from it! The order to hold our water balloons, and fire them, with,"LOOOSE!!!" Was a cool effect and I loved the looks of fear as players knew it was gunna be one of those moments...(My bad for you falling off the ship, but I thought SOMEONE would find you, if I could of made it, I'd have used a very stolen healing salve on you myself, but alas, folks wanted to kill me. I don't know who you are but, I hope SOMEONE found and healed you up.)
I literally started tossing SHARKS at PCs to stop them from killing a player. (I'm so sorry for that mess, but that has to be the coolest looking death ever, right? I did at least TRY to help you.)
Now, Connor as a shark refusing to not stop eating Peaches legs, was perfect shot grappling hooked and pulled onto the ship WITH the shark!!! I don't know if ANY of that scene was okay by the rules, but it sure was great rp to witness and hard not to laugh as I fought.

Thus causing what WILL be called a," Diresharknado", which is way better than a regular one, not just for copyright reasons, but because it is fun and it's dire(okay I'm sorry, blame Jeff Balla everyone.) I scalped folks, I took limbs, I bullied folks to hand over their gold and loot, it was a blast, and I hope you all loved it, because I sure did, Arrrgust round 2, was great. Hopefully next year we will be back with new and improved Diresharknado attacks, freaky epic voodoo, and even more pirate mayhem!!!

That's it, PLEASE do your event recaps everyone!!! Can we please work on being nicer to feast servers? I hope to see you all at the Family Fest Event, and the next monthly event is bought to you by none other than Matt Magnus, I can't wait to do it all again folks!

Del Dragon, Argyle
(OOC: Forest Dougan)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas), Swyft (agentswift), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Valanye Kennyr'renaith (daniela franceschetti)
15 Aug 2016 20:36 #15 by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
Replied by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt) on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights
Sorry, I double pasted!!!

Del Dragon, Argyle
(OOC: Forest Dougan)
  • Valanye Kennyr'renaith
  • Chronicler re-taught her to read now you have to deal with this bullshit
  • Thank Yous: 51
15 Aug 2016 21:29 - 16 Aug 2016 12:38 #16 by Valanye Kennyr'renaith (daniela franceschetti)
Replied by Valanye Kennyr'renaith (daniela franceschetti) on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights
WOOO! What a weekend!

Now I know I thrive in hot weather and all but DAMN

but anywhoooo

FRIDAY NIGHT PIRATE ATTACK! or as valanye will remember it, the night of unexpected weddings

Whats a good way to hurt Val's pride yet simultaneously motivate her to better herself and re-hone her instincts to be what they once were? Easy! Just rob her and leave her passed out in the woods! Shout out to Lord Tartaros , Gamblor and a lady with them who i unfortunately did not recognize for bringing me back to the inn ! *sigh* how embarrassing

Though I must say the Winged Victory as always are wonderful people who respond with the best RP to Valanye's (mostly) silly problems. I always enjoy my interactions with all of you!

"corpse tree times with the adventurer's guild on saturday! Shoutout to the DeFranzas for a great encounter and to zipeto and marcella for the amazingly cool npc's. WHAT POISON IDK WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. Big thanks to Peaches for having Val's back and pretending it was his. Hooray for helping with surgery!

"pssst. I have a writ." *Val hands it over slyly* "OH LOOK WHAT I FOUND, LOOKS LIKE I HAVE EXTRA AFTER ALL! "

When the angry driad appeared sunday morning demanding answers about her slain friend, Valanye remembered why she stopped joining in on these excursions. And that being responsible for the mistakes of others is anything but fun. But she also has endless patience for those of nature and was equally upset about this senseless death so she refused to leave when her help was needed.

Thanks Mami May for feeding this forrest waif upon sight consistently and for being the best courtroom gossip buddy a woodland creature can ask for

Which leads me to the amazing court cases ! Shout outs to Ben and Cassie for working all that shit out and whoever else was involved because it was SO good. sidenote: the tanwyns continue to give Valanye multiple heart attacks, keep doing you and never change XD

water balloon mod = FANTASTIC. The atmosphere was so immersive and the npc's killed it! Shout out to all marshals responsible for that amazing climax to pirate month!

Thanks also to Connor for being equally into doing the roleplay for a Woodland Stride lesson even if i could have just written it down. It was amazing and you got great people to help out!

Congrats to Rook for the well deserved squireship!

Also, spooky healer is the best and must be recognized as such :P

all around great event!

- Valanye Kennyr'renaith, Scout- Network Devision.
- Wayfinder of The Asterism

(OOG: Daniela Franceschetti)
Last edit: 16 Aug 2016 12:38 by Valanye Kennyr'renaith (daniela franceschetti).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Alia D'Font (DatStephy), Crane (Erikkinbob)
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
15 Aug 2016 21:45 - 16 Aug 2016 12:51 #17 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights
First off, this summer is fired.

Friday:
I got to be Jenanne Tonix again, one of the sassy pirates of Captain Charlotte's crew-- a most awesome crew I must admit! Pirate roll call and the drag queen names were amazing! Thanks to everyone who interacted with us and dealt with our nonsense. A special shout out to Ashe/Yaya and Josh Leib's satyr bard for helping us get people singing. They were so into it! We got at least half of the inn singing loudly along with us about just what to do with a drunken sailor. <3

Also thanks to Nick's conquistador, Anerian and Chet for dealing with our sudden marriage. The hesitancy of Anerian to be wedded to a heathen pirate was hilarious and in direct contrast to how eager Chet was about it! ;) You are too cute, Mr. Balla!

Let's talk about how surprised everyone was that Capn' Charlotte actually had a physical representation of her ship! And the very weird wedding of Becky's Mad Hand Mercy and Calvin (?). Loved the dip and kiss after they were officiated!

With these marriages, now. They sure do seem to be popular these days........................

Came back in later that night as Swyft and holy shenanigans, Batman. Here I was, minding my own business, having a pleasant chat with Jade and Vaux in Alissandria and here comes the voodoo crew to ruin our night. Poof, they were both gone right quick when like ten of 'em converged onto the platform. After Matt's pirate punched me square in the gut with my own Rend Limb and Cripple, I tried to peace out. Climbed a tree. ...And so did Matt. Welp.

So thirty seconds later, there I was, laid out on one of the picnic tables and quickbound, getting all my limbs broken, my ears cut off, my tail cut off and my stuff taken while they laughed about it and said awful things. Nice, guys! lol! At least they didn't kill me. Mistress Jade saved me, bless her dear heart. <3

Jade and I attempted to investigate the outside after about five minutes or so. Nope. Nope. Nope. When you see Jade hustle, you know it's bad. So we lived in the statehouse for a little while that night! ;)

There was general panic as everyone ever began to drop immediately into critical condition after tangoing with those dastardly pirates. I blasted through my healing points so quickly that I began to reconsider my life choices. Thank goodness for Therion; he just had a mound of bodies around him by like 2:30am.

Also decided that Evrat is banned from being Mind Controlled ever again.

Thank you, Nigel, for the resuscitation and the scene that accompanied it! Mostly you scare me, Zipeto, but you're one hell of a narrator.

What a scare when we thought we'd lost Wolfgaar in Ostcliff! Everyone was in a panic. Yaya and I were legitimately treed for a while. Sin was losing her mind with worry. There was the Peaches posi-barrior huddle because no one could figure out what to do. I actually had to start empathy healing. It's been a looooong time...

The madness seemed to go on forever. I remember stumbling along the road as the sun was actually beginning to rise to go to bed, absolutely wasted on most things off my card and tired AF and then I see like ten of them surrounding Pendarvin.

Let me tell you how much I couldn't even.

I did the Homer Simpson into the bush line and sneaked along the opposite path in desperation for sleep! (Sorry Pendarvin, but you have an Edwin and a Hurgar and all sorts of protections! And I... I had an empty card. :( )

Most of Saturday during the day was staying stationary in spots, which is something I'm not terribly used to. As it turns out, when it's one million degrees farenheit, one feels less inclined to move. Thus I spent time in good conversation with Jed, Indigo, Hussan, "Captain Ten-Names," Zeltrich and Amizar respectively throughout the day. Most of that time was spent in or near the lake because dat breeze tho.

Speaking of the lake, oh my god. That scene!

So there I was minding my own business, (yeah, one of these, again!) about to cool off in the lake because I was sure I would die if I didn't and just as soon as I undo my belt, I hear Cap'n Juliet yell "Oh look it's the kitty, maybe we should get another tail!" Turns out it's half her crew coming down to the waterfront from the far side of the lake path. Soooo I turned right back around, struggling to re-buckle my belt, and ran back up the path because, Nope. Then who should I see but Forest's pirate, Gregor MacGyver who had friggin' scalped me the night before, grinning like a madman. That was an even bigger Nope. So it created this problem of being surrounded by Nope with the only option seeming to be to jump into the lake, weapons, pouches, shoes and all...

I'm sure it was a moment of comedy as I scrambled back and forth between them before finally deciding in sheer desperation to take off along the edge of the shore where the boats are, onto the little dock by the shed.
He still pursued, talking smack the whole time of course. I looked over the edge of the dock into the water, back to Gregor and then up the hill that lead toward the Mage's Guild. There was juuuust enough land to justify dropping down from the dock. Gregor actually stepping onto the dock provided all the motivation necessary.
Down I went, and proceeded to book it up the hill, through the brambles like a bat outta' hell. I kept looking behind me, terrified that he was actually going to follow. Thank goodness he didn't! Sanctuary was granted after frantic knocking on the door of the Mage's Guild.
Damn you pirates were awful, lol!

P.S. True Distant healing Wylla out of the window was fun!

The trial was nerve wracking. Swyft wasn't exactly ready to publically share her issue about Andorra, but there it was, laid flat. So there's that... :/

Indigo was so mad he couldn't even sit down. "They're all getting a slap on the wrist, but I almost get beheaded for grunting!" lol

I used my Berserker Rage for the first and last time. And on Gregor MacGyver, lol. He had the audacity to walk around the inn like it was totally okay he cut off my ears and tail and sword and like, gave them to people. He didn't even get MONEY for them. Really, Forest?
Kudos to you, dude. You helped make Swyft just a little bit more crazy. Thanks for being a good sport about me beating the crap out of you--- except not--- Because it was all minimal...
Anyway... good job, lol. You leapt into that role with vim and vigor! I'm sure you made a big impression on more folks than just me! You play an excellent son of a b****.

The epic moment in the stormy downpour with Karkat and Bob. <3
(Literally being blinded by the rain during this!)

Visiting with Galamachis, again after being confused and concerned that no one was talking to Him and folks were leaving out of fear--- despite the pouring rain! Tsk, tsk. Conversations and coffee followed. It was excellent watching Nigel talk scientifics with him. He was just so... fluttery. And hilarity ensued when Sir Zelritch tried really hard to have a conversation with him but had to leave out of nervousness. LOL <3
Also can't forget Rupert's comments to him about the sanctity of marriage while Swyft head-desked... Oh what a can of worms. :p

The "Almost" Shenanigans that sort of but didn't really go down....? Granted temporary reprieve due to technical difficulties! :o

P.S. Goose, you were amazing. You were done up and dressed to the nines with the PERFECT accent. I'm sad to say I didn't get to see the voodoo queen IG but she looked fabulous!

Despite the unbearable heat and humidity, so many people made the event fun for me, even if we couldn't move around all that much. I'm blessed to be part of such a wonderful community! :) See you in September!

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
Last edit: 16 Aug 2016 12:51 by Swyft (agentswift).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy (Andy), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Wylla H. (Tifferzlives), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
15 Aug 2016 23:23 #18 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights
So, even though I've been playing Nalick for three years, I feel like I've only played him competently on a few occasions. Since I started playing Chet though, I noticed a marked improvement in my RP as Nalick.

Speaking of, I appreciate everyone who approached me OOG to make sure I was okay with angry RP. Don't worry, Jeff still loves ya!

Mother Nature is definitely Player of the Month for absolutely perfect atmosphere at main mod. Also I missed the opening announcements, but I heard the phrase "Who's tired of saving the world?" was among them. Hearing that made me smile.

The pirates were great and even brought out a bit of feminism!? from Chet when he saw Black-Eyed Jenny and started grilling other members of the crew for details.
"Listen, I do have some standards!"

Renee, that was so much fun. Of course, Chet wouldn't have minded a bit more. ;)

Violating the prime directive of Travance by walking alone at night and bumping into Jonas Kane, led to one of my favorite scenes ever. They chatted and walked to the Alisandria statehouse, where poor Jade and Kifu probably didn't expect a loud-mouthed schmuck from the Dread Hills to show up.

The looks on everyone's faces and the moment when Goose made me put my fist on my head and laugh into the table... it made my event.

Chet trying to convince Pascal that her penmanship was nowhere near as horrendous as she thought it was by having her dictating sentences for him to read and seeing how a few people reacted to reading what he wrote. The arguments that Chet got into with Pascal over pretty much everything. Thanks for being a good sport!

Merideth's bride-to-be NPC. Wow. I thought it might go beyond verbal sparring, but when Chet saw how she treated Midori, there was no backing down.

Making Midori smile. <3

Waiting for the trials to begin and watching as half the town fanned themselves. Chet went to the head table a few times to argue on the town's behalf, saying how we would all turn into Nyads before long.

The trials were a thing of beauty and when Damien told me afterward about the hours of work that went into organizing them, it was easy to believe.

Also this:
"Will Cade Tanwyn come forward?"
"CHIICKEEEEEEEN!--and potatoes."

Twelve hours of the Doom of Damocles hanging over Chet while his private meeting was rescheduled a few times and ended up not happening. Yet.

Yes, Chet heard someone musing aloud about riding the dire cow, took it as a challenge rather than a joke, and ran outside to screams of, "WAIT, STOP!"

I walk up to the NPC, put my hand on their shoulder, and call "Climb." The rest is history.

Chet and Kreylin running after screams and at one point splitting up to cover more ground; hearing Imanuel's recounting afterward about how scary it was.

Nalick and Cain searching through the pouring rain for Pascal. Nalick being fairly certain that they were friends at that point.

Seeing Oren Sunday morning and blushing.

"Nalick... are you okay? Do I need to fight you right now?"

Nalick drunkenly explaining friendship to Loon and the Winged Victory crew.

Saturday, a quarter past five, walking into Logistics with my brain sunny side up. Someone says, "Hey Jeff, how are you?"
"I'm sweat and hotty."
Instantly start hysterically laughing and crying.
Shane offers me the role of hook for the pirate archer mod, but all I can picture is me hobbling toward the Inn, arrow in my side, cackling maniacally.
Reece, thank you for tagging in.
Alex, it was nice finally interacting with you OOG. Interesting circumstances to be sure!

So many great moments.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy (Andy), Swyft (agentswift), Faila (Faila), Kardin (Ben), Dethie Blackeby (DethieBlackeby), Crane (Erikkinbob), Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
  • Dethie Blackeby
  • Ná bac le cúraimí na ndragan, ós briosc atá tú agus fíorbhlasta le h-anlann trátaí!
  • Thank Yous: 37
16 Aug 2016 09:13 #19 by Dethie Blackeby (DethieBlackeby)
Replied by Dethie Blackeby (DethieBlackeby) on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights

Nalick wrote: Merideth's bride-to-be NPC. Wow. I thought it might go beyond verbal sparring, but when Chet saw how she treated Midori, there was no backing down.

Bwaha <3 I'm just glad both of you know me better than that OOG lol

IG: Dethie Blackeby
Vassal of Kaladonia
OOG: Merideth P.... or you can still call me Dethie :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
16 Aug 2016 12:38 #20 by Alia D'Font (DatStephy)
Replied by Alia D'Font (DatStephy) on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights

Valanye wrote: WOOO! What a weekend!

When the angry driad appeared sunday morning demanding answers about her slain friend, Valanye remembered why she stopped joining in on these excursions. And that being responsible for the mistakes of others is anything but fun. But she also has endless patience for those of nature and was equally upset about this senseless death so she refused to leave when her help was needed.

Fun fact: You were the ONLY reason that Dryad didn't start throwing buckets of dmg all over the place. Valanye and Valanye alone was the only thing keeping the Dryad from letting loose her fury and commanding her rather large, rather powerful "plant friends" upon those Travancians present. I was actually suppose to go fight all the faces, and expected it to happen, especially with what the Dryad perceived as disrespect in her already emotional and distraught state, but dat RP.

Good. Freaking. Job. Guurrrllll. ♥

---

"There is no more chaotic a storm than that of the battlefield, and as luck would have it, I am a Stormwalker."

"Stubbornly persist,
and you will find that the limits of your stubbornness go well beyond
the stubbornness of your limits."

OOG:
Stephanie B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy (Andy)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
16 Aug 2016 15:30 - 17 Aug 2016 00:26 #21 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights
Air conditioning and three cold showers helped a bit.

Foiling the wraith led undead with our newly installed Sanctuary.

Laying the foundation for some future endeavors.

Just because one does not have the list does not mean one cannot walk the walk.

Dimetri "Edwin, tell your farmer that he picked his watermelon too early."
Me "But it does have two virtues, it is cold and wet."

Minting silver bars worth 200 silver. Yes, I literally make money :cool:

Watching young Tanwyn dance at his trial and skating away.

Frank discussion with the Baron concerning Rule versus Governance, with emphasis on Law and Justice. Eagerly await the follow up in light of the actions of some.

Demonstrating to a sorcerer exactly what elemental mastery is

Realizing the "crit fifty" is often heard as "crit fifteen." :(

When the Bank of Travance is short of coin, the Exchequer knows that the Bank of Haroldson can and will provide specie.

People with who I conducted business on a handshake basis continue to hold up their end without any need for me to remind them. An IG thanks to Faila and Utgar.

Teaching, of all things, Alchemy. Being a scholar rocks. Having a wide selection of codices rocks almost as much.

Willing to deliberately not move out of the path of water balloons in order to cool down.

I will put this out there - Luis was hot and miserable cooking feast. Rook slaved over a hot grill making bacon and pancakes, dressed in garb. Everyone who showed up got fed.

Feeding people cool fruit and cakes.
Other things will perk through the layers of my brain later.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Last edit: 17 Aug 2016 00:26 by geezer (geezer).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Swyft (agentswift), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Calven Tanwyn (Jyamp2), Cara Easton (Raeelle)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
16 Aug 2016 15:44 - 16 Aug 2016 15:51 #22 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights
Blargh.
All the heat. All the humidity… and the very welcome rain late Saturday. Almost the best part of event… almost. *grin*

Now that I’ve recovered (and on the back end of an unforeseen 24 hour shift (yay call-offs?)) I can type out something.

Going into this event was much scrambling for area to camp due to expected winds with the storms, ensuring space was available for all Spirits and making sure I did not forget the AED from work for the weekend.

Set Up went quick on the alt site for us and then it was get ready for lay-on. I honestly did not expect to give the safety brief as I expected Norm or Padma this time. When the Director pulls you aside to speak on specific details, the hint is kind given. *grin*

I am ever so glad you guys looked out for each other and made sure your fellow players drank/ate- Especially a certain new Squire of Drega-Mire.

Admittedly, I was not involved in much this month- I dislike Pirates and Pirate Plot… so was simply available for general RP and perhaps the occasional fight.

Highlights in no order:
-Experiencing a SANE Jun for a change and our little scouting mission together. Total accident but was fun.
-Speaking on Brazen to about a half a dozen folks who were NOT at the impromptu mass Saturday.
-Attempting to hold a 10 am mass… only getting one person initially who wasn’t even a Brazenite. Having a lengthy discussion on Brazen get joined by about nine others who were late…
Then five minutes into the actual mass, get interrupted by a goblin attack. Needless to say, them goblins found out why Brazen is also a God of War

-Teaching a new to Travance Merc about the difference between a sellsword, a Soldier of fortune and a Mercenary... and that not all pay is done in coin and that should be acceptable to the smart Merc. I then promptly helped him find a job where this is the case. :cool:
-Showing around a New Blood Spirit and helping him get involved in some stuff. Discovering a side job of his can help with ingame coin… Priceless.
-The question of the legality of a Will with the Magistrate and the discussion that followed…
-Talking Templar with Brogan….
-First Smites thrown this month (aka: “ I do how much damage now with this?”)
-Main Mod work with Tsoli and two available Spirits. We moved across the planks like bosses and created breathing room for others to swarm the other ship.

Also…. “Almighty Brazen Hear My Prayer, (invocation words) Change Composition… Glass.”

-Informing the Baron of a thing and his response…
-The Rain…. And actually getting some food cooked before it.
-Sunday Morning discussions, horse-trading with Winged Victory and the introduction to Combat Stave work given to Starling. The lesson was incredibly enjoyable from my end too and I am very happy it went well.
-The other lesson on Sunday; teaching Unarmed Combat to Kanas…

There is a few other things I know I am missing and well, can’t remember them all at once.

Family Event in Two Weeks!! (A Wardog will be there!)
Potluck Picnic/Fighter Practice in Three Weeks (yo, its an open invite- read the thread!)
September Event in Four Weeks!!
Jeez, what a busy time…. See y’all soon!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
Last edit: 16 Aug 2016 15:51 by JTinney (Swordsaint).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
16 Aug 2016 16:12 - 16 Aug 2016 16:16 #23 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Replied by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl) on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights
I'm still in the process of recovering from the weekend, but I needed to take some time to get these up!

Highlights in no particular order:

Thalia and Eli's OOG 5am recon trip to Walmart for fans for the bar room, only to find that it was closed until 7am. The followup trip to Home Depot for fans!

Discussions with Coran, Tobias, Leona.

Sword discussions with Fenri.

Gunnar and Thalia's checkup. AKA "...did the barbarian and the dwarf just vanish?" The first time in years that Thalia hasn't felt everything coming off the town. The distance was exactly what she needed. In that moment there was literally just her and Gunnar and it gave her some time to reflect. Getting her empathy better refined is going to take some time, but the process is completely worth it. Joe made me cry! Love roleplaying with you man!

The trial and Calvin Tanwyn's doubletalk! That was amazing! Kardin's perfectly timed interruption.

Willingly being put under a blood hex. It was a very educational experience.

Getting into the lake for the first time in THREE YEARS of going to this game. OMG it was fantastic! It was precisely what I needed post-feast service! Aaron thank you for dragging me down to the lake!

Main Mod in the Inn and discussions of whether or not the bards repeating songs with shorter frequency than normal were a cry for help. Or whether they were poltergists which meant we needed to burn down the inn to get rid of them. Playing cards with a deck of cards with 45 cards and 2 kings of diamonds...

DIRECOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thalia: Travance is like a small family.
Midori: A big family
Valinye: A big family that sometimes robs you in the woods.

Scout's scullery maid npc:
Borev: Thalia, you can read, just ignore the last word of title of the book.
Thalia: *reads book title, looks at Borev, looks back at book* Okay.

Discussions with Tsoli. Discussions with Nalick which were too quick because I needed to get to the inn (SORRY!). FINALLY talking with Therion!

I know that I'm forgetting stuff but I will add more when I remember more.

Thalia will be out of the proper for the next three Feasts, coming back in December. Hope all of you enjoy getting to know my Alt for the next 2 months! :)

See you in September with a differently costumed person!

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn
Consul of Kaladonia
Warden of the Phocus
Ambassador to Calasvorin
Manager, Dragon's Claw Inn;

OOG: Abby Leib
Last edit: 16 Aug 2016 16:16 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
16 Aug 2016 17:34 #24 by Cecilia Mercier (jsin)
Replied by Cecilia Mercier (jsin) on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights
I haven't done one of these in a while. Let's go :D

Friday Night -
*"Who's tired of saving the world?" It was good to know not just players are getting tired of this. I love events events but it get exhausting when the stakes are as high as possible every month.

*"Bob? Bob, de intern?" And the interaction that proceeded was perhaps more proof than Mami Mae wanted that Stonefall wasn't just going to leave her with a limp.

*Mami Mae's first reaction to being told 'You're not getting a poison writ any time soon' being to go make food. Cheesy bread and chocolate chip cookies!

*Making friends with the quiet satyr in the kitchen. I love cooking in character! It adds to it I think!

*Meeting Papa Kifu (I never did get to give you that beef patty!)

*Taking cookies to the wedding. Poor Owen.

*"With all due respect, which one of allyah is Lord Alister?"
"That would be me."
"Captain Fross is ah Lich"
"What?"
"That is what the Miss Lady on de ship did tell meh. Good bye sir."

*Refusing to sell the cookies once they got cold cause that would be disrespectful so giving them out instead.

*Sitting on the porch and shooting any undead that got close enough in proper 'Get off my lawn' fashion.

*Bob startling Mami Mae awake. I swear my heart was in my throat, boy.

Saturday -
*Getting up and feeding a few people smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese as Thalia questioned me about Coast Haven things. So much fun :D

*Sending Valnyae off with a sandwich for Bob cause "Ah know dat boy won't eat in de morning if de food ain't in front he face." Then being quiet and reflective because she only learnt that during her last week in Stonefall as opposed to the 15 years she spent there.

*Getting bored at some point and making cucumber sandwiches and having one ordered by the baron :D

*Hobbling over to the science tent to give them more sandwiches and refusing to run out the way of the incoming undead because "Ah wish dey would knock dis plate out my hand."

*Mami Mae and Valenye snickering and gossiping at the trials.

*Lois further proving to Mami Mae Stonefall is going to follow her for a while.

*Not going on Main Mod because "I'm too old." But sending all the healing salves I had on me. It was that moment I fully realized that having a character that didn't really do combat could still be fun and helpful.

*Making post main mod Mac and Cheese. Y'all was hungry. Mami Mae will remember this.

Sunday Morning -

*Homemade Marmalade was a hit!

*Shooting more undead from the porch because running isn't happening and why not? I got caps.

Great event! So much fun! Mami Mae will be back at a later date to feed you all more.

OOG: Tytiana B (Haze Browne)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift), Faila (Faila), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Cara Easton (Raeelle), Azra (Wingedbeastie)
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
16 Aug 2016 18:57 #25 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights
Not so much a highlight reel, but thank yous.

Rachael, you consistently help Lorelai find out things about herself, and are one of the reasons I continue to have fun with her when sometimes she doesn't have as much direction. Especially this event, you made me feel useful and glad I was there.

Same to Blue Kestrel, who made me OOG feel really good about RP and IG made Lorelai realize what some of the changes need to be in the Academy, due to a brief conversation. Thank you.

Forest, I am sad as heck I didn't get to fight your Voodoo self more. I love fighting you, bro.

Tinney - thank you for the fantastic RP! And the OOG hug afterward. I can't tell you how much that scene helped me fall into game after a long, crud week. Funny that the thing that Duncan was admonishing Lor about was the thing that helped me act like her, though.

A big thank you to Peaches as well, for consistently treating Lorelai like a person and giving her a chance to be herself again.

And of course, Jack Thorn and Benion. You guys - seriously. If not for our adventures Saturday I think my event would have been a lot more Meh. We all fall in so easily together with our shared skills and various personality quirks. I look forward to many more intel-gathering missions with you both.

Thank you to Garrett and the team of storytellers for a cool plot and WOW the main mod setup. Lovely work (and thank heavens it wasn't Totem Pole).

See you all soon!

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Jack Thorn (Soren Correia), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Cara Easton (Raeelle), Kestrel (Kestrel)
  • Wylla H.
  • Thank Yous: 48
16 Aug 2016 18:59 #26 by Wylla H. (Tifferzlives)
Replied by Wylla H. (Tifferzlives) on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights
Been away for a few months and it was great to be back, despite melting throughout the event.

Highlights in no real order:

Meeting a new towns member and inviting him to go for a walk. Wylla asks, "Do you carry a dagger?"
Seth, "No. Just my sword."
Wylla, "Good. I didn't want to risk you knocking me out while you're behind me."
Seth, "Same. That's why I'm walking behind you."

Heading to the beach and having to run to the mages guild when undead show up. Watching Kanas and Chet get attacked by one up the road. It downed Chet and kanas tried to hold it off before getting help. Upon seeing the undead stoop over Chets body, running outside with Yaya yelling, "Get away from him!" then having to hurry into a tree when it did indeed. Then getting shot out of the tree by pirates. (If they would have looked through my bag, they would have gotten one of the dolls!) Being healed by Swyft yelling out from a window, getting Yaya back up and running back to mages guild.

Swimming in the lake was so nice.

The trials were entertaining to watch. Nice interruption from Kardin.

James Demontefortes return and Wyllas conflicted emotions.

Keeping the doll on Wylla all day was surprisingly easy aside from the run in with pirates.

Being an undead for main mod was super fun. Had a blast chucking water balloons as the PCs. Fighting with Seth/Ben over the side of the ship was a lot of fun.

Late night talk with Eli was just what Wylla has needed.

Wylla reuniting with Nalick! The never ending hugs! Wylla telling Nalick about James returning and how Yaya came to get her. Nalick, "That's a pretty good impression of Yaya." Wylla, "Shhhh...I'm tired."

All the back rubs given and received.

Getting to camp earlier then expected and met Tim (If i forgot your name I'm sorry!) and took him on a tour of camp.

All in all it was a great event and i'm sure i'm forgetting stuff. See ya guys at next game!

(OOG Tiffany Yoder)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
16 Aug 2016 19:15 #27 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights

Onca wrote:
Tinney - thank you for the fantastic RP! And the OOG hug afterward. I can't tell you how much that scene helped me fall into game after a long, crud week. Funny that the thing that Duncan was admonishing Lor about was the thing that helped me act like her, though.

You are very welcome!

The day Lorelai truly figures out what she wants to be and who she really is will be the day alot of problems that PC has melt away and be actually happy. I am sure of this.

Its funny how both the Vorlons and the Shadows work in concert here... Just saying. :cool: :-) :cool:

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
16 Aug 2016 22:45 #28 by Midori Suarez (krykit)
Replied by Midori Suarez (krykit) on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights
Sorry I'm a bit late in this...I'm gonna start by agreeing with everyone else on OMG the weather!

So here are my hilights in no particular order...

All the time spent with Dr. Kroh talking about religion and philosphy

Midori's unique way or handling the execution of Stray Dave

Volker's reaction to Midori coming out of the tree to heal him and asking her to bless his ancestor's skull. It was a great moment!

NPCing as the worst pirates ever, and having one of us get killed (or rather, kill himself by trying to steal the wrong item, then getting reanimated as undead by Jedd (I think it was Jedd, but it was dark and hard to tell), and BOOKING it!!!

Atmosphere during Main Mod was AMAZING! Kudos to everyone who had anything to do with that, and the lightning and rain made it even more incredible!

To reiterate what Abby said...
Thalia: Travance is like a little family.
Midori: A big family!
Valanye: A big family that sometimes robs you in the woods.

Tanwyn's trial. "He is very flexible! He must be in order to put his foot in his mouth like that..."

OOG: Kate Iannacone
IG: Midori Suarez, Mercy's Daughter
The following user(s) said Thank You: geezer (geezer), Liz (Liz), Herzog (Herzog), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
17 Aug 2016 11:12 - 17 Aug 2016 12:19 #29 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights
Thank you to all who helped me with my OOG problems during the event. I appreciate having understanding and caring friends like you all.

~ Being a fly on the wall for the meeting and watching the delivery. Jade's reaction to who Merrikh is. "He's not..." "yes he is" the face she made was priceless. Also priceless is when you aren't there and they need someone with your talents and your master teacher is the only one going "Where is Demeanor???"

~ The poor schmucks who kidnapped D to torture information out of her. I still can't stop laughing about this. You guys soooooo got the wrong person. If the "rescue" didn't show for another 5 minutes, I think you all would have been killing one another. The feeling of utter defeat from the NPCs when D started showing them how to torture herself better... A+ you guys were a hoot. "Make her shut up, gag her! cut her tongue out!" D: "Don't get me wrong, tongue be delicious but, don't ye need D t'be speakin' t' tell ye information?" , "Damniiiiiiit!" :P

~ Team rescue attacking D after killing the crew that took her and Merrikh captive. You guys are so sweet. "You are welcome D", "Fuck you, you are welcome! D tell'em nothin!"

~ The amount of times people said "that's not nice" to D to which I responded "duh... this in the name, I'm mean. D - mean - er - than - you."

~ Feeding the cow beef. It was happy. Cownibalism? Look just feed it, it's hungry. Has no one heard of the carrot on a stick concept here?

~ Poker? Woot. Blackbird is always a hoot.
~ Nesterin = No. "but" , "NO". ... "no."

~ So I guess when you want to protect the one person you give a shit about, they get pissy. This is what D gets for having an ounce of decency in her. Rip into a shitload of traps then dbags who were hitting quite solidly with Eric and Peaches. We survived. Only to realize the target was being dealt with and information was needed. INFORMATION IS D's BUSINESS!!! except a chorus of "NO!" ... "oh?"

~ well, blades were itching, she was angry, she wouldn't be denied, so something was bound to happen, disguise, find partner in awesome and proceed to utter awesome. You know you :)

~ Screams at ass o'clock. Off course people are dying... don't get out of bed. I can't not care. Good thing too because ass load of undead and people dropping left and right. Winged victory crew getting slaughtered. Evrat, Bob and many others saved from peril. Best reaction that warmed Angeliana's heart came from Stahling (sp?) I walk into the tent where Cade is, the panicking stops. "Is that Angeliana..." Also Cade's veil focus walk. Dude... some funny moments there.

~ Oh ya, there was a trial in there, where a door was opened so Angeliana could walk through which she wouldn't have opened on her own otherwise. I mean, way to hang yourself on that one. Sorry not sorry. Perhaps think on the dirt folks have on you before accusing them of nothing next time. Everyone has a limit. When she isn't protecting anyone or sacrificing herself for someone else, she isn't a martyr for nothing, she will defend herself. Oh hey Light church... thank you for the boot in the ass, it's a nice view up here from where you hung me out to dry. Repercussions are abound. To the newer folk who touched my heart afterwards with what you did, you know who you are... Gods I'm thankful and seriously humbled to hear at least someone cares about who she is and what she does for the town.

~ Feeling a soul get obliterated and the chat with the Baron afterwards. Then sitting by him at feast and retiring for the night. But not before seeing the voodoo queen in the small council meeting, and having a very deep / interesting conversation with Bob. Angeliana just thanked an Aguaran didn't she... she did. But he said what he said didn't he, he did. Wow Ben wow.

~ The musical debates? Kardin wut? I couldn't breathe at some point. Manor peeps <3

~ D walks up to Mister Tartar. Uuh so my sis is in your land. "You work at my docks and on my ships, you are in my land too." D was pretty touched by that. Ain't admitting that tho. Felt good to be a part of a group and also being able to stay by Rook and Aleister.

~ That main mod, all the pirate friends <3 Jenny and Knobbs reunited with D start of battle like nothing was going on around them while balloons were flying, handing them balloons going, lets shoot them fuckers back! Then the pirates rope cross in unison as we yelled. You guys are such fun omg.

~ Raging over at the ghost ship. I am not sure how many undead I cut down or how many people were calling D back to the ally ship until I got Gusted back by Hurgar jumping in to get her out realizing she won't leave on her own. But man, that was so exhilarating. Now I understand all you berserkers and have new respect for you. The physical drain was real but so was the adrenaline. All until Hurgar's gust threw me into a few PCs who shoulder checked D, so she cut them down before moving onto the next undead on the ally ship. Apparently Hurgar thought she was undead herself. Never seen an angry pirate?

~ "Screw this I'm healing her... she is bound and exhausted", heals D. Escape restaints, waylay, hide in shadows. "God damn it." Hurgar storms up angrily... "WHAT DID YOU DO" Tracking Demeanor! Comes out of the shadows "I'm here you dickbag... Never seen an angry pirate? Take a good look. Next time ye wanna slice me up ye need me permission. Now, ye owe me 50 gold." Andy, you are a good sport man, and I'm not gonna stop asking you for gold, like ever.

~ Blackbird pirate shenanigans are the best. You guys rule.

~ Bean Bunker Deposit... Yup. Galmachis... That is all. <3

I'm sure I'm forgetting shit even though that was a long post, thank you to everyone who makes this game fun and looks out for one another constantly. Kr family keep on being awesome and see you soon!

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
Last edit: 17 Aug 2016 12:19 by Angeliana (Angeliana). Reason: how did I almost forget THAT?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy (Andy), Kestrel (Kestrel), Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
  • Magpie
  • Thank Yous: 21
17 Aug 2016 14:45 - 17 Aug 2016 14:45 #30 by Magpie (thatreference)
Replied by Magpie (thatreference) on topic Arrrrrrgust 2016 Highlights
First time posting some highlights. This is probably my favorite event to date since starting the game a year ago.

• Partying hard with Tempest's crew. Magpie's nervousness and insecurities showing when one of the Mak'het appeared.
  • The sheer panic to waking up with a wraith in the tent. Everyone's reactions to dead Albatross.
  • Calven Tawnyn approaching Magpie Saturday afternoon. Having a bit of a talk and getting to know small things about each other. Only to have things tense up again on Sunday morning between the two.
  • Being told that Calven and Magpie talking was 100% visible from the inside of the inn and that Jackdaw and Starling kept an eye on them because parenting.
  • Shout out to that weather at Main Mod.
  • Carrying the Winged Victory Flag and having the first volley of grenades hit it.
  • Sneaky sneaks in the pouring rain for a rogue mod. Everyone I was with were great and everything went phenomenally well.
  • The talks between Jackdaw and Magpie were the best bit of roleplay I've had in awhile. It's great to see how their relationship is growing--with trust and all that.
  • Seeing new players get along amazingly well made my heart swell. Vencing and Krisna. Secretly hoping they turn into crew members.
  • Finding the Lark doll at camp with actual Lark no where to be found.
  • Finally, having a meeting with the rest of the Winged Victory after finding evidence that Lark legitimately is missing. Loon reacting amazingly to it.

Thanks so much to the entire Winged Victory players, I could not have asked for better people to hang with in game. Lark will be missed hardcore. Thanks to Jared for providing drama that does not involve the Winged Victory. Lastly thanks to everyone involved in making that main mod look fantastic!

Magpie
Sailing Master of the Night Harrier
OOG Riza A.
Last edit: 17 Aug 2016 14:45 by Magpie (thatreference).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), JTinney (Swordsaint), Calven Tanwyn (Jyamp2), Cara Easton (Raeelle), Kestrel (Kestrel), Crane (Erikkinbob)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.879 seconds