September 2016 Event Highlights!!!

13 Sep 2016 10:16 - 13 Sep 2016 13:14 #31 by Midori Suarez (krykit)
Replied by Midori Suarez (krykit) on topic September 2016 Event Highlights!!!
Wow! What a plot this weekend! That was amazing and so very player driven! Kudos to everyone involved in Matt's heart-wrenching plot!

So hilights!

*NPCing evil mod...SURPRISE! WE'RE GOOD GUYS!!! Also cheese

*Helping Ree with feast. It was hot as SIN in that kitchen, but it was still fun to be your cheese fairy!

*Bard lessons

*The cupcake song

*Guarding the pies for Cinnamon

*Going for a walk alone in the woods pretty much right after being told that I shouldn't go anywhere alone

*Meeting Heather and bonding over our mutual friendship with an inchworm that decided to hang out with Midori while she was taking a walk alone in the woods. Learning about her family, and about her hopes, fears, and dreams. Telling her everything was gonna be alright (spoiler alert: IT WASN'T!), and crying about it later

*All interactions with Lilith--Alice, you're beautiful and so very talented!

*Learning about Kormyrian gods

*Bringing someone through the Phokus by myself for the first time! Great scene!

OOG: Kate Iannacone
IG: Midori Suarez, Mercy's Daughter
Last edit: 13 Sep 2016 13:14 by Midori Suarez (krykit).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Kardin (Ben)
  • Dethie Blackeby
  • Ná bac le cúraimí na ndragan, ós briosc atá tú agus fíorbhlasta le h-anlann trátaí!
  • Thank Yous: 37
13 Sep 2016 17:15 #32 by Dethie Blackeby (DethieBlackeby)
Replied by Dethie Blackeby (DethieBlackeby) on topic September 2016 Event Highlights!!!

Midori Suarez wrote: *The cupcake song

<3

IG: Dethie Blackeby
Vassal of Kaladonia
OOG: Merideth P.... or you can still call me Dethie :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion)
13 Sep 2016 23:01 - 13 Sep 2016 23:07 #33 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic September 2016 Event Highlights!!!
Matt: Make an NPC that'll make the players cry.

Well... the NPCs count as players, right?

I actually planned on avoiding the homunculi until reading what the Father had written in the paper. After that realization and then being told who the Perfects were I was bugging them every second with questions and engaging PCs to do the same.

I had so much fun. With the belated Pie Day (because no halfling should ever miss Pie Day), my mini mods of collecting Pie ingredients and handing out buffs to new players, and just talking at everyone in a bubbly way. At some point I noticed the commoners weren't being informed, but I think everyone was just tensely waiting for us all to turn and then we started acting more like PCs trying to come up with ways to save ourselves (though, every 'commoner' idea we came up with had already been researched sadly. Cinnamon still thought her 'be deaf' idea hadn't been the worst!)

The look on everyone's face as I was the first victim to the phrase. Hearing later on folk blamed Silverbow (poor Silverbow)

Main mod was a blast to set up. Glow stick fireworks :D

Thanks to all my fellow NPCs, if the weekend plot wasn't a thing, I'd say we were all PCs in our own way and that's the best kind of NPCs to have.

---
Ilana coming back and learning things was also fun. Hearing the PCs perspective of things was definitely interesting. Hearing about 'treason' charges and face palming about as hard as I could. That'll be something next event.

My favorite part of Sunday was hanging out with Swyft. Hands down. Renee, always good RP from you :D

Cinnamon loved you all, promise <3

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 13 Sep 2016 23:07 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Swyft (agentswift)
  • Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
14 Sep 2016 07:04 #34 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic September 2016 Event Highlights!!!
A few things I needed to add.

Late night talks with Fen Fen and Lee Lee. (Oh yea it's sticking.)

Haroldson confronting Jack about a sword was a great scene.

Wulfgar and Zelrich arguing.

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Alia D'Font (DatStephy)
  • Simon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 125
14 Sep 2016 11:05 #35 by Simon (BigZ)
Replied by Simon (BigZ) on topic September 2016 Event Highlights!!!

Dunn Ironwill wrote: Wulfgar and Zelrich arguing.

The first time I've ever argued with him and it was a great scene. It took Lord Rudolf stepping in to stop that arguement from turning into a brawl.

OOG: Nick H.
-Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion)
  • Raxas
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 14
14 Sep 2016 13:02 #36 by Raxas (Raxas Lonestar)
Replied by Raxas (Raxas Lonestar) on topic September 2016 Event Highlights!!!
First off Awesome Event Matt.

Friday night getting to RP with a few people who I haven't had a chance to interact with much lately.

Other then smoking hookah not many other things come to mind.

Saturday getting to interact with a few of the Perfects and finally getting to meet the one who is like Raxas after being told I should talk to her.

Having a skill actually be useful for Raxas =P

Main Mod-
Getting caught between morals and orders on the battle field and then deciding the path he had was best for both Travance and himself.

The meeting after main mod getting aggravated but keeping his mouth shut untill he knew it was the right time to speak.

After that starting to gather information needed to start his person quest he feels he has to do.

Much more happened but these are the main highlights.

OOG: Randy Werd
Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
  • Arkelian
  • Thank Yous: 37
15 Sep 2016 11:15 #37 by Arkelian (TheRevenantHero)
Replied by Arkelian (TheRevenantHero) on topic September 2016 Event Highlights!!!
So all I can say is holy crap. This event was incredible and I had a blast NPCing. I felt like a player more than I felt like an NPC and all of the players are to thank for that.

Friday:
- First walking into town and people welcoming me warmly. It's obvious that the town either respects the perfects or fears them.
-Jackdaw being awesome as always and making sure the perfects felt welcome.
-Speaking to Rudy about being a smith and learning how to become one. The visuals you had were flipping stunning and I was wildly impressed.
-Gaian mass was really cool. The vibe of the whole thing was really calming and it was the first mass I had ever gone to.
-Having people realize that Lazarus was part angel and losing their minds was fun to watch.
-Being taught about Galadel and having my shield turned into a holy symbol was really neat. Bjorn and Lorelai were very fun to roleplay with.
-Having Oren teach Lazarus about what it is to be a paladin and having it be pretty obvious people want it to happen. "If a wild mage, someone with demon's blood, can be a paladin then why can't you?"
-Leading the small group of powerful heroes to the lab of runaways to save Jackdaw and crew.
-Having an intense as hell roleplay encounter with Valias and watching the people nearby nervously watch. Dustin, that was a really awesome back and forth we had and probably one of the coolest part of my weekend.

Saturday:
-Wandering around as Lazarus and secretly healing the brothers was a lot of fun.
-Getting close with Cinnamon and having her become someone that needed to be protected was awesome
-Lazarus being furious with the town for letting Able kill someone. Are you all crazy?
-Learning more about various faiths from different townspeople. It was really intense watching that whole thing with Dominic then being scolded for using Heal Life on Merikh.
-Pie day!!!
-Having to help the twins through an existential crisis while also speaking to Jackdaw about how they can't really disobey Father without risking being murdered by the other siblings.
-Learning Cinnamon was a homonculus and was activated. Lazarus had WORDS with Father.
-Awkward family dinner at feast with the brothers was HILARIOUS
-"So we were dealing with Yo-yo and she may have gotten crushed in the lab." "Again?"
-"Sooooo.....we may have realeased Icarus." Lazarus then loses his shit. Stop blowing up labs!!!
-Reading Cinnamon's last letter and almost crying in the process. Gemmora losing her temper and calling herself no perfect. I'm so glad I managed to diffuse THAT situation.
-Hearing Kelley's lovely singing voice and freaking out because Laz knew what the song meant.
-Main mod was intense with setup and I'm sad I didn't get to see most of it. The PC's were smart in distracting us the way they did, otherwise it would have been a bloodbath. I wasn't expecting you all to split and let us just walk into the labs. That was unexpected.
-Good luck with your treason.

All in all I had a blast as Lazarus and truly look forward to further helping with this epic plotline!

"Always follow me family's motto. The MacTiernan family motto is: Stop it!"

Arkelian MacTiernan, red dragoon who occasionally gets incredibly rage filled.

OOG: Cameron H.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Oren Tenderson (Tormy), Onca (Lorelai), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
15 Sep 2016 15:49 #38 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic September 2016 Event Highlights!!!

Arkelian wrote: I felt like a player more than I felt like an NPC and all of the players are to thank for that.

That's how it should be!

• Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
15 Sep 2016 23:57 #39 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic September 2016 Event Highlights!!!
I have highlights that I am too tired from too much OT this week to think of, but I wanted to say these thank-yous:

Matt. Phenomenal work, as always.
Ree. That food was some of the best I've had in 7 years at game.

Duncan - that chat on the smoking porch, and the relief at knowing friends were on the same page again, OOG.
Jackdaw - that scene in the back of the lab - knowing that it looked like I was running away, and hoping you understood. Then learning you totally did.
Rook and (blue) Kestrel - always go back for friends. Yusss. (Also, Rachael - "pursue?")
(red) Kestrel - glad that shield is safe
ummmm...plot NPCs, you guys -all- rocked it.

Thanks for an excellent game.

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.543 seconds