October "The Halloween Episode" 2016 Event Highlights!

• Terzak
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Tell me, thief, do you know anything about MAGIC?
  • Thank Yous: 154
02 Oct 2016 15:50 - 02 Oct 2016 16:30 #1 by Terzak (TheArchMage)
October "The Halloween Episode" 2016 Event Highlights! was created by Terzak (TheArchMage)
Alright, this event was so good I decided to write my highlights on my phone asap. In order:
Signing in:
"We're full time NPCs"
"Oh cool, here's a wolf statblock. Go eat some New Players!"
Which led to GLORIOUS WOLF ON BEAR COMBAT. No new players were eaten, fortunately.
Being sent out with an army of gargoyles and being told that "You built them, you control them." And to think I was one or two windwalkers/flees away from escaping!
Running around as part of a horde of zombies during main mod was just peachy, as always.
In one fight with a gentleman whose name I've never known, yet I refer to him as "THE Enaxian," I remember being subjugated while subduing him, which pinned me to the trees right outside the inn, leading to my favorite death of the day.
Gank shift, the origin story:
Goose: "Are you capable of dancing around and fighting?"
Me: "Well I didn't come to KR so I could sit down and roleplay."
*laughter*
"Alright, over there, there is a jester costume, I need you to put it on."
And...here...we...GO!

Running around with Julius...Romeo, your rhyming, singing voice AND voice/mannerisms deserved at least 20 build's worth of roleplay points.

"GO WAY, UNDEAD, GO WAY!"
Kanas, well fought. There is nothing more enjoyable than being a deranged, laughing undead jester who doesn't care about his own survival.
Nalick, your reaction to the Jester was exactly what I would have done: hitting it and THEN shutting the doors.
The Duel between Rowan and Julius was amazing enough to make me stop fighting for a second. Again, it was a beautiful cacophony worthy of many roleplay points. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see all of it, since you can't have beautiful opera music without combat in the background.
Sadly, I lost Julius, so I plopped in Logistics for a little while.

I woke up to some shouting around 10 am, sounded like the high pitched voices were praising "bread" or somesuch. Didn't care.
I then proceeded to become FERNANDEZ, SELLER OF POTIONS! It was fantastic, selling all of my inventory in a HUGE BLOWOUT SALE and telling my 'awesome war story.' Shame about those potions though, those super special blade potions that I totally didn't make.

I finally figured out what those kobolds were yelling about for wakeup mod....that was entertaining.

And it all ended with some good old fashioned highway taxes and some fun times with the Baronial Guard (again!)

In short, everyone did fantastically, NPCing full time is equally as fun as playing a PC and, most importantly; never forget that Steve has enough stat cards, enough NPCs and enough imagination to build the one of scariest weekends since the Nightmare festival of 1214...

By my hand,
Professor Terzak Winstonshire

OOG: Will Harrington
Last edit: 02 Oct 2016 16:30 by Terzak (TheArchMage).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Pluvious (Pluvious), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample), Cara Easton (Raeelle)
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
03 Oct 2016 10:23 #2 by Aria (Aria)
This event was incredible. It pushed me more as a person and especially a white sorcerer then ever before.

-First and mostly thank you to Steve, Gavin and Goose who not only pushed me so far as a white sorcerer but really helped me as a player when I got stuck coming up with how to rp the situations they were putting me in.
- loved hangingout with bellenear and Thomas again, felt like old times.
-still surprises me when the warlord actually has me plan things and listens to my opinion I'm not sure I'll ever get used to that.
-huge thank you to Abby this weekend who really had my back, or maybe I had hers ;) either way great team.
-loved the sorcery table shenanigans can't wait to do it again.
-met 3 players, 2 witch hunters and a demon ;). You guys are incredibly cool can't wait to hang out with you again.
-spending 3 hours watching a new player npc. This guy blew me away you are amazing. And watching travance take a undead pied piper. A gift, and basically trash him.....can't wsit to see the results.
-and last romeo.....I have never really interacted with Julius, don't know him from the next clown :p then to suddenly hear he's looking for me and then to see him in action....this is going to get interesting. I can't wait till I actually get to meet him and see what he wants

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Mantel (sigma-j), Fenris Nattulv (dhaas987)
03 Oct 2016 10:46 - 03 Oct 2016 12:32 #3 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic October "The Halloween Episode" 2016 Event Highlights!
-Thomas being back!

-The trio of Ilythiiri and their Sylph friend that Ilana needs to catch up with.

-The whole 'wild mages = useless demon bloods' thing is starting to come up again. Ilana knows they're not allowed nice things, but thought they were done getting the butt end of things.

-Erik going into a frenzy, George going catatonic, maybe a rip in the fabric of reality almost forming... and Hassan and Keavy ready to rip each others throats out o.o'

-Helping attune a new grove! :D

-Listening to Ben murdering someone out in the woods was somewhat unsettling. Not sure how Duncan survived that mess, but good on him and Ben vanishing into the dark. (P.S. During his raid in the Adventure's Guild Hall, George and Ilana were in the side room half wondering if he would notice they were in there/if Ilana could help people maybe dying in the other room. Then half the town barged in through our room to take care of the situation for us)

-Zinnia's arch casting lesson/destroying a feeding pit (we may not be sorcerers but we can tap into energy they can't) Sooo many surges aka Awesome things happen when two planar creatures and two wild mages work together

Had to leave early because some delivery person thought it'd be a good idea to leave packages outside while it was raining :/
Fortunately the package survived though!

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 03 Oct 2016 12:32 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
03 Oct 2016 11:30 #4 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic October "The Halloween Episode" 2016 Event Highlights!
Until this past event, I had never taken a focus walk. All I really knew of the process, was what I heard when other people told stories and even though one of my characters recently got attuned to the thing, I wasn't all that familiar with it. Then Friday night happened and Chet tried to be a hero one too many times.

I will say this, though, the role-play opportunity is so unique and it feels weird to say that I'm glad I had the chance, but I am. Thanks for making that fun, Josh.

Bravo to the NPCs who played various undead throughout the weekends. The sound effects were absolutely stellar.

Onca, thanks again for obliging me when I suggested running a mod based around a moral dilemma. From a few of the expressions I saw at the mod site, I'd say it had an effect on quite a few PCs.

Also, Tristan gets a tip of the hat for making me forget his level. He walked toward the mod site and when I mentioned that it was a low-level mod, he pleasantly surprised me by clarifying. Quality RP will do that.

Joseph H., who plays Dewberry--dude, top-notch funeral rites for four unfortunate NPCs. Keep it up!

Lengthy conversations Nalick had with Mouse (the red-haired sylph with the really cool hammer). I loved when Nalick looked around--and skyward--to see whether someone was trying to play a joke on him. It's not every day when he finds someone so very like-minded in philosophy and behavior.
Also, I caught a glimpse of a scene of yours when you were NPCing. It made me glad you're part of our community!

Julius. So, I said this to Romeo when I bumped into him after the event ended:
"Why do you play a nutcase so well!?"

Hearing him before seeing him, the mannerisms, the unnerving feeling with everything he said. It was perfect. I'll second Will H. on the scene with Julius and Rowan, especially when she increased her volume when he started singing louder. Will, your jester RP was off the charts. If you did that without coffee, I want to know your secret.

As well, Rowan being there in general. Nalick/Jeff are as big fans as they ever were and every interaction was a delight. Thanks, Teresa!

Be careful what you wish for. Recently, I'd been clamoring for a return of "Stupid O'Clock," that magical time of night when all manner of hilarity and idiocy swirl through the Inn like a hurricane. Apparently, getting barely two hours sleep will make you act silly after a day full of vigorous activity, especially when bagels are involved. Hayley, even if you forget to remind me, I don't think I'll ever forget.

Ben. The head-to-toe costume sold me on the threat. You looked formidable as all heck and brought your A game, despite probably smelling like Drega'Mire.

Moments when I get to goof around with Midori or Tris have been some of my favorite moments at game. Friday night, I got to interact with both of them. When Midori made Chet "die" laughing, I took it a little further and hit the floor. To be honest, I'm glad you two didn't actually braid Chet's beard.

Saturday afternoon, checking in for my NPC shift at Logistics and seeing Hannah S. buzzing with excitement. I love seeing people ridiculously happy and enjoying themselves at game. You made my day!

Light mass was fun. I love our clergy players and how it feels like a family--a dysfunctional one, but still.

Speaking of clergy, props to Kirsten for marshaling the mod where we destroyed one of the black ooze "puddles." Especially at the end when we all flew backward.

After that mod, Nalick followed the Warlord to rejoin the large group, only she realized she misplaced her sword. The town went onward up the path and the Warlord headed back to take a look, so Nalick followed her. The symbolism wasn't lost on him.

Then Nalick meets 'Gigi' and the three of us continue to walk until encountering a small group of (I think) ghouls. Laughing on the inside that the only one able to fight was the Andorran priest.

Chris H., if I don't bore you too much, pal around with me any time, bro. I hope you had as much fun as I did.

Chet's brother Chauncey. Matt, that was amazing. Oh, also, don't forget to 'zonk'!

Keavy and Hassan's shouting match. Oh, man. You two were fantastic (and scary too!).
Putting up a Divine Sanctuary when Brogan got in Rudy's face. Any times I get to interpose Nalick between someone and something that tries to hurt them, it gets my pulse racing in the best way.

Steve, I'm sorry I couldn't get you those firecrackers, but by the looks of it, you did just fine without 'em!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost), Mantel (sigma-j), Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon)
  • Daggerfist
  • The power of ale compels me
  • Thank Yous: 29
03 Oct 2016 13:47 #5 by Daggerfist (prawnbait)
Replied by Daggerfist (prawnbait) on topic October "The Halloween Episode" 2016 Event Highlights!
This was only my second event but holy heck, was it fun!

Friday night Tobias had a couple encounters with some undead, first left him running away in fear but the second one he was able to hold it together and stand his ground. He also met Wulfgar (sp?) and learned some sword techniques and heard a brief history of Ostcliff.

The Harvest Festival was great. Learned more about Ostcliff, fought some rats, and had a great lesson with Charlie. I also enjoyed Brother Aldric's teachings on religion.

The biggest highlight for me was helping Penelope collecting black ooze and having a meeting with the Count in his study. So. Freaking. Cool.

Main Mod I ran around as a ghoul, scaring people and fighting groups of heroes. My NPC group also met with the creature and witnessed him pull a poor hero out of their dwelling and consume them. So freaky even though I was a monster at the time.

Also a big shout out to Zach. Running around as a Night Stalker was tons of fun.

Can't wait for the next Event!

Salvatore "Razorback" Daggerfist
Vassal of Pendarvin

OOG Greg P.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
03 Oct 2016 14:37 #6 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic October "The Halloween Episode" 2016 Event Highlights!

Nalick wrote: Moments when I get to goof around with Midori or Tris have been some of my favorite moments at game. Friday night, I got to interact with both of them. When Midori made Chet "die" laughing, I took it a little further and hit the floor. To be honest, I'm glad you two didn't actually braid Chet's beard.

I now have a lowlight and it's that Midori and Tris didn't actually braid Chet's beard :p

Highlights:
Tristan's RP of Ibn's glorious dedication to his job. Seriously, folks, never get between that man and his orders.

Laura helping out in Logistics on Saturday night and cleaning out all the skunked makeup and other gross stuff. Logistics is now, like, 75% less likely to be responsible for spreading some kind of plague. Also 90's sing-along!

Trent! And bardic sedition and poetic punishments. I swear I saw a vein throbbing on Bob's forehead, despite the mask :p

Late night/early morning conversation with Pluvious, and the weight of decisions & coffins that never goes away.

A lovely walk & talk with Dr. Heimdell about scientific progress in Travance. ^_^ GO TEAM SCIENCE!

So before the event I decided I wanted to up my physician prop game, after seeing some of the lovely kits y'all were using last game. I didn't get the chance to make the new tools, but I did get this lovely bag of bones (I was tired of not having any props for mending broken limbs). Placed a bunch of bones in Lois's backpack. First thing I have to do as a physician this event? Replace all the bones in someone's body, and OH LOOK, I happen to have a pile of spares! I swear I had no idea the monster would eat skeletons! :P

Also related - the bloody apron. I got a cheap white apron with a little pocket for a bottle of fake blood. I have always felt that it's not visually obvious just how bloody Travance is, so I decided that every time Lois had to work on a patient, I would dab a dime-sized bit of fake blood on my fingers and then wipe them on the apron. Well. Y'all saw the apron by Saturday night ;-). I hope it did give a nice visual reminder of just how much blood is all over the place; it certainly worked for me!

Until next time, Travance!

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion)
03 Oct 2016 16:27 #7 by Midori Suarez (krykit)
Replied by Midori Suarez (krykit) on topic October "The Halloween Episode" 2016 Event Highlights!

LoisMaxwell wrote: I now have a lowlight and it's that Midori and Tris didn't actually braid Chet's beard :p

In our defense, he was lying on his stomach, and he was heavy! :-P We did braid his hair, though. Just not his beard.

OOG: Kate Iannacone
IG: Midori Suarez, Mercy's Daughter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
03 Oct 2016 17:19 #8 by Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn)
Replied by Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn) on topic October "The Halloween Episode" 2016 Event Highlights!
This event was incredibly fun, thanks a lot to Steve and the rest of the STs and marshals for making it scary good.

- First ever event where I was the only Tanwyn in the proper (I think) made it interesting but always happy to represent

- Friday night actually going to a meeting for once and getting a chance to do some stuff

- Wili and I on our way to do some stuff getting slain in Ostcliff's field but luckily brought back by some healers and continuing on to do the stuff (not sure how people mess stuff like this up)

- Speaking of those things being messed up, the absolute trainwreck that has come to be known as the Peach Snowcone mod continued this event and it went nearly as bad... starting with 5, having one slain and reanimated, myself slain and phokus walked, someone else leaving due to out of game reasons, it's safe to say the mod did not go well Friday

- BUT I WALKED THE PHOKUS FOR THE FIRST TIME AND IT WAS SWEET, thanks again for that Starling that was a great first tag to lose both to Ben as the monster and then to phokus walk

- Speaking of my first death, also my first time using Death Curse, being a Romani is super awesome, the tag was worth seeing the looks on peoples faces when I told them I cursed Ben with Soft Hearted Kormyrian (minimal damage to kormyrians)

- Saturday was fairly laid back, learned weapon mastery from Zelretch and some others, not much else till my NPC shift

- NPC got to be a few things, first brigands, then bar patrons, then a giant spider humanoid (sorry bout those human shields everyone), and finally a dead body in a cave

- Note to self, learning willpower from George was a bad idea, it was horrifying

- Main mod was fun, reminiscent of December with the nulls, everyone running around fending for themselves for the most part as the plan falls apart (it always falls apart)

- Post main mod doing yet more things for the Peach Snowcone mod, however it was deceivingly simple this time around

- Sunday was awesome because normally I sleep in then don't really bother going out, but this time it was definitely worth it thanks to some merchants who were awfully careless with their things, particularly their money box

I'm sure I may be forgetting something but either way it was awesome and I can't wait for next month!

Garlan Tanwyn

OOG: Sam P.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Aleister (Aleister), Tyros (Tyros), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
03 Oct 2016 17:36 #9 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic October "The Halloween Episode" 2016 Event Highlights!
MIND LAZERS FOR EVERYONE!

It was strange for a while not being Dominic. Needing to pretend I don't know anything. I even had some moments of thinking like Dominic and even at one time found myself reaching for a pair of brawlers that weren't their to start punching. But now I'm gonna start partying with people I had no reason to party with before and running around with all new types of shenanigans.

I also want to take a moment to thank Mat Majchrzak for setting up Dominic crashing his own funeral. I also want to thank Drew for being amazing and crashing the funeral with me. The entire scene was awesome and I love all of you who showed up.

Ben, you were super scary and deserve every ounce of praise you get.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Onca (Lorelai), Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Cara Easton (Raeelle)
  • Bellanear
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 13
03 Oct 2016 17:59 #10 by Bellanear (Alai)
Replied by Bellanear (Alai) on topic October "The Halloween Episode" 2016 Event Highlights!
It has been a long time, and there will be another hiatus of indeterminate length until I make it back, but man was this a great weekend to hold me over until then. It was fantastic seeing everyone again, and seeing so many new (to me) faces is always great for old timers like me. I think I literally started coming to KR before a fair number of you were born, and seeing the game grow like that is amazing. So in no particular order:

"Wait, I'm a what?"

"Who's there, are you people?"
Corsair: "Um...actually, no."

"A Fae Lord, a Phoenix, and an elemental. There's a joke there somewhere."

Identify Compound?
It's an ooze.
(You had to be there for that one)

Walking down to sleep and hearing a rustling sound behind me, turning around and seeing nothing at all. Then it happens twice more, my heart is pounding, and I realize...it's my cloak dragging on the leaves.

Obi-Wan Kenobi'ing not one, not two, but three white sorcerers. You all should just be glad I don't teach the way Vardemis used to...

Fourth Age Travance giving Bellanear a near constant aneurysm.

"Oh, you're THAT Bellanear?"
Yes, because Bellanear's ego needed help...

Wandering the woods with Corsair and Ember looking for the Nighthaunt, "We really need a theme song."

"I refuse to call it Jeff"
"The scholars are calling it a bone eater."
"Do you not see how that is worse?"

A special shout out to the new players playing the drow. I had no idea this was your first event, and you took Bellanear's next level IG racism and you guys just ran with it. That is beyond awesome and I expect great things from that group.

There's so much more, but the long and short of it is that this was a phenomenal event and I will be back.

-Bellanear Cyeos
The Alabaster Seal
Guardian of The Ivory Tower

Gavin S.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Aria (Aria), Aleister (Aleister), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
03 Oct 2016 18:44 #11 by Aria (Aria)

Bellanear wrote:
"Wait, I'm a what "

Corsair leads you all the way to this answer, hints at it, makes it obvious, you still don't believe it. I take one look at you, confirm it. And suddenly "oh ok then" comes out of your mouth and you're ok with it. It was pretty priceless

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
  • Wylla H.
  • Thank Yous: 48
03 Oct 2016 18:53 #12 by Wylla H. (Tifferzlives)
Replied by Wylla H. (Tifferzlives) on topic October "The Halloween Episode" 2016 Event Highlights!
First time playing an alt!

It was weird to hear people yelling for a healer and having to remember I was not Wylla, haha.

Highlights in no real order:

Betting people to solve her puzzles was fun. Most of you got it done very quickly. Now I need to get harder ones.

Playing liars dice with Wolfgang, Scarlet and Nikolai and I can't remember the other two peoples names (Sorry!)

Walking towards the inn and having to climb the roof to evade all the undead.

Watching Jeff/bone eater bigfoot walk across the field shrugging off the attacks thrown at it.

Surprisingly not dying or even going down once during the whole event.

"It was un-bee-leavable."
"You're terrible."
"I try."

Falling asleep to the sounds of Yaya threatening Nikolai .

Waking up to an Ogre with an allergy problem.

"GET OFF MY LAWN!"

And of course getting to see everyone is always great. Can't wait to bring Veska back next event!

(OOG Tiffany Yoder)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
03 Oct 2016 19:29 #13 by Liz Feller (Fencerliz)
Replied by Liz Feller (Fencerliz) on topic October "The Halloween Episode" 2016 Event Highlights!
As a first time player, highlights:

all the racism. and the counterRacism. (Thank you everyone! It was amazing!)

"Are all Drow this sassy!? I need to know more of you guys!"

people freaking out about the fact it looked like they made the drow sit outside for the feast

NPC shift - all of it! from Zombie-ing with Karden, to the guy who said that 'you are having too much fun', to the players freaking out and jumping at shadows, to coming up to a group and having Heimdal turn around and shout "TOO MANY DRUGS" before going into a frenzy and taking the full group on at once.

All the people insisting they aren't racist "I have a Drow friend!" "I'm cool with Drow, I promise!"

Extra shoutouts to:
- those of you who came up once we were out of character and made sure that we were ok with your racism (IT WAS AWESOME RACISM!!!!)
- Jeremy: Kanas' pint-size fury and constant twitchiness when we were around was wonderful. As was his inability to make us go away.
- Wulfgar's response on the first night, from being forced to talk with the Drow to being brought in legless and laid next to the corpse of Kanas. And then being given back his legs by the Drow healer. The RP there was really great!

Janduin Dar'Uhl (Liz Feller)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), JTinney (Swordsaint), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Terzak (TheArchMage), Kardin (Ben), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample), Cara Easton (Raeelle)
  • Terzak
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
03 Oct 2016 19:54 - 03 Oct 2016 22:52 #14 by Terzak (TheArchMage)
Replied by Terzak (TheArchMage) on topic October "The Halloween Episode" 2016 Event Highlights!
Remembered a few more:
Heimdell on all the drugs. Everyone else was either hiding in that alchemical circle or dead, and he just puts his dukes up.
90'S HOUR WITH THE SKULL SPEAKER!
Reactions to Julius were...glorious.
The PCs at main mod slowly grouping together for safety...
Seeing certain people over the course of the day and saying 'Oh, this is your shift. This is gonna be fun....'
OOG conversations with Kate I. about larping, KR and characters. I might just need to do some more psych research the next time I open the character builder.
Logistics on Sunday: "Gnawing off your leg (Quiet, Quiet). Limping to the cottage (Quiet, Quiet.)"
Actually knowing the answers to some rules questions so I didn't have to ask them!
New Players, as always, blew my mind with their skills and general roleplay.

"I became a bandit so I could find my son."
"What happened to your son?"
"He came to Travance as an adventurer!"

By my hand,

Last edit: 03 Oct 2016 22:52 by Terzak (TheArchMage).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
03 Oct 2016 20:20 - 03 Oct 2016 20:22 #15 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic October "The Halloween Episode" 2016 Event Highlights!
Well hell…

I admittedly had misgivings going into this event and it was not due to the expected monster. Thankfully, those misgivings were groundless though I was surprised by a thing. A couple things actually…

Camp setup went swimmingly well- thank you Josh Labar for the help with tent assembly in the damp camp… and the Road Into The Woods made what gear we had to bring in easier.

Highlights Friday-
- Dueling Ben’s monster. I encountered it at Kaladonia after their statehouse got trashed. And wound up face to face with him. School of nope kept me sound and I managed to engage it in a question and answer session…. Only to see that get canned by impatience on Travance. Learning it was sentient and intelligent…. I should have paid more attention to this and perhaps more strident in insisting this in various places… and I will explain later.
- Keavy and the Combat Phokus walk. Some excellent roleplay happened here and a heartwrenching return to life. “Brazen says you will have your vengeance, one way or another, Keavy…”
- Late night discussions around the fitful campfire and Baptisms to Brazen. War is a Craft and an Art….
Saturday Highlights-
- Fire-roasted Italian Sausage and coffee…. Mmmmmmm.
- Brazen Mass. Almost always a highlight. Even when I think I was off… Having Judge tell me it was solid helps my own confidence….
- The first proper Druid Conclave Meeting I’ve been to… hell must be freezing over as I actually made one of these.
- Feast. Tasty. Fruit Salad… even tastier!!
- The Great Monster Hunt part one: The pools… Interesting concept. And hunting partys being a smart idea- all groups being capable and with multiple groups, help is never far away…. Of course this idea gets chuffed in favor of-
- The Great Monster Hunt part two: The Lure. Well, this does have promise but its in a bad location for luring him in. Where it was moved to was not ideal among for a few reasons, imo, but who knows… Maybe I’m wrong about it being smart enough not to take the bait. We will see.

Now here is where my thinking it was intelligent gets proven right. Goddamn if Ben didn’t LOWCRAWL up behind my distracted by medical message-checking self. This is where the damp helped him immensely and I kick myself for not thinking like a smart cunning monster. Mad Salutations to you Ben- and thanks for the scare on maybe losing my second tag… What you did is something I’d have done to get up on people were I the monster and that is the best compliment I can give you…

… and it was 100% a reminder to get back on my game about checking EVERYTHING and assuming nothing. Thank you Ben for that reminder/lesson…. Well learned lesson too.

So yeah…. Fighting happened, I get dropped along with my fellow blood spirit while trying to escape… then getting dragged/carried off.

- The Greart Monster Hunt part three: The rescue. Talk about smart thinking on Travance’s part with a cut-off group and a pursuit group. Give yo’ selves a high five…. I had just over two minutes of death count remaining when found. My fellow spirit, not so lucky- which lead to a wicked emotional scene with his Walk.
- Fighting at the Barracks/Focus. Can I say I hate oozes?
- Fighting at the Barracks part 2. To quote Lost Boys- “Damn vampires…” Being a Templar was very handy…
- Post main-mod talks…. And the responsibility/role play of being Chaplain took precedent over gong on Druid Mod. One day, I will manage to get on one of these. One day…. Chaplain role play was excellent and I want to give all who were at the fire in the encampment (both Blood Spirit and non-spirit) kudos for their RP in this. I owe all of you a RP point…

Sunday highlight!!
- Donuts, Danish and Coffee- breakfast of Larpers .. with more excellent RP and after-action discussion
- A chance to chat with Lord Gideon about just…. Stuff. Damn rare as that man usually has NO time.
- Hearing that Julius was back in the Proper. I so want that…. (insert many choice words of invective here) man’s head on a pike.
- Clean up and pack out. Despite being damp as hell, clean up and such went quick and gear was put away as dry as possible. No mean feat, I assure you.

All in all, this was a very good event with enough IC worry and concern along with some excellent RP. Can’t wait for the Retreat Week and the event afterward.

See y’all when I see you!!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
Last edit: 03 Oct 2016 20:22 by JTinney (Swordsaint).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon)
03 Oct 2016 21:12 #16 by Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn)
Replied by Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn) on topic October "The Halloween Episode" 2016 Event Highlights!
Oh I totally forgot the encounter that was even scarier than Ben and that was when I was getting into bed on Saturday night. I was facing the door to the adventurer's guild, turned around to grab something, turned back and Julius was sitting at the end of the table. Morwenne came out and saw him and tried to expel him from lair which did not work (this is when I knew just how bad this could be) and as he talked to her he proceeded to move and come sit next to me on my bed.

It's safe to say I was beginning to consider how best to spend the build I'd get from a second death...

Garlan Tanwyn

OOG: Sam P.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), JTinney (Swordsaint), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Cara Easton (Raeelle)
  • Darius Redmaw
  • How you think when you lose determines how long it will be until you win - GK Chesterton
  • Thank Yous: 81
03 Oct 2016 21:50 #17 by Darius Redmaw (jackcoyle27)
Replied by Darius Redmaw (jackcoyle27) on topic October "The Halloween Episode" 2016 Event Highlights!
My Goodness, where to begin?

Friday night, all of it! The horror movie atmosphere was amazing. The nonsense with the oozes added an extra layer of suspense to the whole thing. Good on Steve and the monster marshals!

Brazen mass: Duncan's interactions with Jed were hilarious. The baptism the night before was amazing as well. It was simple, direct and yet filled with hidden depth and meaning just like everything Duncan does.

Npc Shift: Asking the new players if they had run into Damian:
Me: so how many of you have been killed by Damian yet?
Npcs: *Blank looks*
Me: ALMIGHTY GALMACHIS HEAR MY PRAYER! EXILIS, INCEPTUM, MORTEM, MORS AD GRANT DEATH TWOHUNDREDDIVINEBODY
Npcs: *all raise hands*

Playing the obese albino rat
Albino rat: grrrrrrrrr squeeek
Dr Heimdall : *jumps out of nowhere like the crazy awesome Jeckel and Hyde warrior monk that he is* Tencoppertencoppertencoppertencoppertencoppertencoppertencoppertencoppertencoppertencoppertencoppertencoppertencoppertencoppertencoppertencoppertencopper
Rat: HOLD *rips off mask* matt what in the hell are you calling
Matt Magnus: *smiles evilly* ten copper
Me: ooooooookayyyyy, threetwoonelayon *gets murdered*

Gargoyle mod where I charged towards a huge group of pcs and then saw a certain hooded individual out of the corner of my eye.
Me: fifteenfirefifteenfirefifteenfire wait is that Jed? well there goes this mod
Jed: Slay!
PC who just got got: Clarify?
Me: You're dead dude, you are very very dead
*everyone else gets killed*

And then there was Saturday night. Thank you monster marshals for the awesome stuff. I'm proud of Darius but he needs to calm the fuck down. Fighting six nonferatu single handedly sans left arm trying to save his dying sister with three people trying to drag his dumb ass behind a sanctuary was very much a thing. Also Dr Heimdall's crazy back alley bare handed time warp surgery to save Reyna's life left an impression. Darius is going to have some shit to sort out in his headspace after seeing his baby sister in about fifty pieces. Thank you Matt, John and Andrew for some awesome roleplay during that whole scene!

In short: I had an amazing time. Thank you Steve and all the staff for a great weekend.

And Matt, you are a seriously twisted individual, it is awesome! Much love brother.

Darius Red-Maw
Champion of Agaura

alt Thaddeus Black
"Plain, simple Thaddeus"

OOG Jack Coyle
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), JTinney (Swordsaint), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Terzak (TheArchMage), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample), Mantel (sigma-j), Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon), Fenris Nattulv (dhaas987)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
03 Oct 2016 21:59 #18 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic October "The Halloween Episode" 2016 Event Highlights!

Darius wrote: And then there was Saturday night. Thank you monster marshals for the awesome stuff. I'm proud of Darius but he needs to calm the fuck down. Fighting six nonferatu single handedly sans left arm trying to save his dying sister with three people trying to drag his dumb ass behind a sanctuary was very much a thing.

Duuuuuuude.... I was about to SMITE you to get you to get back into the damn building. Which of course would have meant the Vamps *might* have gotten me....

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
  • Terzak
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
03 Oct 2016 22:42 #19 by Terzak (TheArchMage)
Replied by Terzak (TheArchMage) on topic October "The Halloween Episode" 2016 Event Highlights!

Will, your jester RP was off the charts. If you did that without coffee, I want to know your secret.

Let the record state that no caffeine was used to play that Jester. My only secrets were a bit of faith from Goose and Romeo and a high school performance of the Wizard of Oz...*shudders* too much footwork, not enough rehearsal.

By my hand,

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
03 Oct 2016 23:32 #20 by Midori Suarez (krykit)
Replied by Midori Suarez (krykit) on topic October "The Halloween Episode" 2016 Event Highlights!
Woohoo! Totally felt like I was in a slasher movie Friday night! Well done Steve, Ben, & Staff!

Okay, Highlights, in no particular order...

"I Turned Yellow!" - All the "drama" around Midori having "turned yellow" and how much it sucks. I imagine that autumn is a very uncomfortable time for some dryads.

"New Friend Part 1: New Role Model" - Meeting Willow and interacting with a much older, calmer dryad. Though it broke Midori's heart when he liked to play when he was young, but didn't really do it anymore. She hopes to never get that old! Playing is great!

"New Friend Part 2: Londwynian Passive-Aggression" - Meeting and befriending "Miss Adalyn" and the RP with her and Chenjing that resulted.

"Undead Pied Piper" - Playing an undead during NPC shift that was following the "pied piper," and enjoying people's "WTF?!" reactions

"Monster Lore: Greebly" - Playing with Chet and Tris, making them laugh (Or "die" laughing as the case may be), as well as teaching them both (and a few other people) about Greeblies! (Ask Chet what a greebly is. It'll be fun)

"Teach Me Things!" - Learning about gods from their followers is always fun. Even people who worship the same god frequently give you different answers.

"I Can Help!" - Helping Illana reanimate Valanye, and helping Valanye to reunite with Keavy

"Grief Counseling" - Meeting NPC Farmers Anna and Toby, who were angry that they had just lost their loved ones and the heroes of Travance were playing cards, but then talking them through their grief with some help from Aldric

"Never Again" - Mercy Plot

"Naah-Naah-Naah! Can't Get Me!" - Sticking my tongue out at Jeff the Bone-Eater while inside an Astral Sphere. A little act of defiance from the little cherry tree dryad

OOG: Kate Iannacone
IG: Midori Suarez, Mercy's Daughter
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
04 Oct 2016 05:26 #21 by Liz (Liz)
Sooooooo

Where to start?

Had a hurried squad meeting. Things were said. Other things were shown. Allyce was pretty much primed to anger after that.

An hourish later, Seth comes to me to report that everyone is dying! Well. What is the leader of the investigative/scout squad to do? LETS GO! Which led to....

ALLLL of the walking/running/sprinting/falling/slipping down hills/etc.

Dying. But getting an awesome compliment at the same time. Rezzing and realizing Allyce is tentatively getting over having a soul. Maybe repeated encounters with it will help! (HAHAHAHAHAHA)

Running back into the fray with the creature and running into benches and such. Getting complimented on my maneuvers though so hey!

Finally getting sick of everything and taking Erik and I to bed where......

I am woken up by the cheerfullest Grim I have ever seen asking me about my night. Punches were almost thrown. Or daggers. Or both.

Sat afternoon? I honestly dont remember much except FINALLY teaming up with Caelvan. That was purely awesome. I seriously need to Hunt with you more often. Its a real pleasure to meet someone else IG just as single minded as Allyce is to tracking a threat and bringing it down.

After main mod......

God. The craziest things happen. Getting things done and actually having a sorceress to scry for me. (THANK YOU STACEY- I AM SO SORRY) Said scrying leading to one passing thing which lead to....

Death. But hey. She died doing what she wanted and how she wanted. And surprising things even happened at the phokus as well. And before the phokus I....surprised a lot of people in the inn with my dead corpse/plant/creature ways. I have to say, a lot of the reactions from people made me astonished and warm inside. From realizing people actually do pay attention to the possible threat Allyce can be to the people who just outright refused to engage with her because they were wary at best. I honestly have given very little thought OOG (And patently NONE IG....well, maybe a thought?) as to how people view Allyce. Much less how much of her fighting style they have picked up on. That was a revelation and I loved every minute of that. I hope you all did too! I went from stalking the creatures in the night to becoming one myself and it was purely awesome. Totally worth a tag.

Sunday. I just did not have energy Sunday. I did not want to move. And that is always a mark of a great and entertaining event.

<3 All! I hope you had as much fun as I did!

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Seth (Kurteth)
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
04 Oct 2016 08:01 #22 by Aria (Aria)
Omg now I feel sad I blew you off Saturday when I was worried about the jester. I didn't realize later that was you in the plant. I'm sorry

• Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
04 Oct 2016 12:14 #23 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic October "The Halloween Episode" 2016 Event Highlights!
Friday was Hell. I didn't even have to try to RP my lethargy insanity. The struggle was real. By 5am of nonstop running all over creation and heal life-ing all the things, all I could do was stagger wearily from one location to another. Oh my gosh guys, all the criticals! Some commonly said phrases that night:

“Ibn, stop dying.”

“Chet, stop dying.”

“Peaches, can you fix this?”

“Kanas, stop dying.”

“Everyone take a break!!!”

“Spirit Tether.”

>:(

Well, that was the first Saturday I slept in at Knight Realms, lol.

Jed died for five minutes. Complete Swyft meltdown status achieved. Steve, you monster.

Complete loss of ability to even in the middle of the inn over the price of Silas Crone's soup with Jed, Jade and Trexler. Think I broke them. :) (Love you guys so much.)

“It's WAX. Jade.”

Pretty intense moment with Damien. Things revealed, almost PvP... Epic scene, bro.

Managing NOT to square up with Ben's Bone Reaver, though I did get a cat moment when I tried to rend his legs out from under him as he was running somewhere. Leaped out from the shadows and everything! I bet I didn't even startle him. :(

“He's bastard that took my sword!”
(Matt's skeleton shatters it next.)
“...He BROKE my sword! SLAY!
(whiff)
“Dammit.
(scramble)
SLAY!”
(Hit this time...)
Matt, thank-you for letting Swyft's first use of a skill I never thought I'd buy be epic!

Playing creepy Lanius for Ben and Tristan's sewer crew. Maaaaannn, Tristan. You can be creepy AF.

Wolfgaar and Yaya ran a wonderful festival up at Ostcliff. Big turnout! Even the rain had manners enough to stave off for it.

Chet and his brother... just too perfect!

Matt/Nikolai, you're fun to harass.

Speaking of which, the “I'm the one who knocks” moment on Sunday. Sweet, sweet revenge...

Steve you ran a great event. Ben, I don't know where you got the energy, but damn. You guys rock!

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
04 Oct 2016 13:50 #24 by KindaMermish (KindaMermish)
Replied by KindaMermish (KindaMermish) on topic October "The Halloween Episode" 2016 Event Highlights!
This event was really amazing! It being only my second, I was infinitely more knowledgable, but also still felt like I knew absolutely nothing all things considered.

That said, everyone was so incredible. Helpful, kind, welcoming, fun, and funny!

Friday was different for me, because my first event I NPC'd on Friday, so I was considerably less tired on Saturday morning.

Saturday was incredible. Highlights include, but are not limited to:

- Actually getting to do the lower player mods instead of being stuck in the kitchen (don't get me wrong, helping in the kitchen last time was great, and I'll certainly do it again, but getting experience was great, too!)

- Collecting Ooze at the Count's orders and then having a meeting in his private study...that was unreal. The study was perfection. I will not soon forget how cool it is in there.

- Shortly after that, being at the feast I loved sitting across from the orcs. They were HILARIOUS. I wish I had RP points left at that point, they would've been yours, whoever you were under those masks!

- Post-feast, everything got CRAZY. I had no idea I was going to get thrown into the LITERAL center of the main mod, and it was a really fun, but hilarious experience. Penelope was scared crapless and also felt terrible that people were risking their lives to help save her, but I as a person really enjoyed the RP and hangin' with you all. Glad no one died watching out for her/me. That would've been awful on her psyche.

- Being yelled at when we were running with the lure because Penelope (me) stopped to heal someone. Whoever it was in the dark yelled to keep going and forget the fallen folk for now and she COULDN'T help herself, "I'm a healer, I can't just leave them!" lol It was entertaining for me.

- Having Ben Herman show up to explain what was going to happen next to us when he instilled us with extreme fear and having Penelope and Midori SCREAM bloody murder instantly after he said, "Lay on." I've never screamed like that in my life, but his mask was TERRIFYING (Congrats, Steve, you got your wish).

- Sunday morning's NPC shift might have been my FAVORITE thing in KR so far. To everyone I was with, especially my second mod partner in crime (I'm terrible with names, but you know who you are) you were all perfect, wonderful, entertaining and ...I have no more words, but it was THE most fun. I will always try to do this shift now thanks to you all.

- Being in the second mod of the Sunday morning shift with everyone at the market and meeting Master Crone/Being Charmed/Getting people arrested as a result. Thank you to the marshall who created that Mod. Again--terrible with names, but I'll know you when I see you.

All in all...wonderful. Can't wait to return to KR, it's quickly becoming what I look forward to each month. Much love to all who interacted with me or taught Penelope something this moon.

Penelope Veronese

OOG: Sasha P.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Aleister (Aleister), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Brian T. (Renthios), Seth (Kurteth)
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
04 Oct 2016 16:18 #25 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic October "The Halloween Episode" 2016 Event Highlights!
Finally got to play Ember for a long period of time and actually interact with people. Usually I get bored after an hour because there were only three or four people she knew, but she made SO many friends this weekend! Protip: if you want to talk to more people, learn what is going on in the plot, and then start telling everyone who asks. It's a very good conversation starter.

Highlights:
Corsair's scepter and I match!!

Oren: "Can you read and write?"
Ember: "I burn everything I touch."
Oren: "Oh... Do you have any biases against any races?"
Ember: "All you mortals are exactly the same to me!"
Oren: "I see."

Monster hunting with Corsair and Bellenear! "Are you people?" "Uh, no, not really."
"A fae, a phoenix, and a fire elemental walk into a bar..."

Ember and Sebastian are BEST FRIENDS now. There's a lot more people like Ember here than she thought!

And of course, finding out about the volcano and proceeding to shout across the inn about it for the next twenty minutes. Who needs to go home when THEY HAVE A VOLCANO HERE???

Shout outs to Stacy, Mars, JP, Karen, Ben, and Will for some A+ shenanigans and other such RP. And of course, super excited about Gavin and Rob returning! Missed you guys! <3

OOG: Zelda Turqman
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Oren Tenderson (Tormy), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
04 Oct 2016 16:58 #26 by Aria (Aria)
Oh i need to see Ember again I got Andy to agree to let her live in the volcano on Sunday ;)

03 Dec 2016 13:50 #27 by Fenris Nattulv (dhaas987)
Replied by Fenris Nattulv (dhaas987) on topic October "The Halloween Episode" 2016 Event Highlights!
Just going back through old recaps and found this! I'm the guy who played the Pied Piper! Thanks for the props; that was my favorite NPC I played all weekend.

- Fenris Nattulv

-Alt: Jonathan Carter, Minstrel of the Road

OOG: Daniel Haas
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.760 seconds