January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights

• Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
30 Jan 2017 05:10 - 30 Jan 2017 14:03 #1 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights was created by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
From Chet's perspective this event was run by Lemony Snicket, since what followed lay-on was A Series of Unfortunate Events.

A Guy Walks Into a Bar...
On a visit to the Blackbird, Chet walked from one side of the bar to the other, forgetting to duck under the infamous beam. The bright side? I finally know how it feels to be struck by the Master Warrior skill 'Slam'.

Thankfully there were two Safety Marshals--Katie and John--nearby who gave me a (relatively) clean bill of health. Thanks, guys!

That's How the Cookie Crumbles

Aldric, Angeliana, and Nalick set up an altar in the Inn on Saturday night to hold a mass before the town went off to war, but everything strangely progressed in a timely manner. After we finished packing up the altar, Aldric hands me a few heart-shaped cookies in a sleeve. I eat one, hand another one off to a friend, and then get the idea of giving the last one to Bob.

I carry it carefully to the bar room BUT as soon as I pick it up, the cookie cracks in half. Nalick reacts in horror. He sticks the two pieces of cookie back together and offers it to Bob, who declines.

Late Friday night, one of the brand new players handed me a community RP point, saying I was a "great actor." Needless to say I'm still flattered.

On Friday night, I may have spent more time on the ground--dropped far more often by wendigo and other creatures than support beams, I can assure you--than I did on my feet. So much so that at a certain point, Chet would wake up to people lecturing him on not dying so much rather than helping him back to his feet.

Haroldson in pajamas fending off a wendigo and dragging Chet's body inside the statehouse. Possible character development between Chet and Haroldson, but also Chet and Lord Silverbow for reviving him.

Our early afternoon low level mod went in an unexpected direction. Props to Steve O. for roping the new players in for a special ritual and just running with it.

Thank you to Andy for literally "chilling" with me in the caravans where we sat in wait to feast on tasty newcomers.

Tris trying to teach Chet how to yell. He fell for it.

Even more Swyft and Zelretch moments, but this time Nalick being accused of trying to steal Zelretch away.

Gilthu and Drake's return! Running up to each of them, wide-eyed, and some big hugs. A couple stiff drinks later and the three of us were neck-deep in philosophical discussions with innuendo strewn about. I missed you guys.

Tari's face and everyone else's reaction nearby when Nalick drunkenly inquired about a certain something.

Chet and Kerrick taking turns almost making Alia do a spit take. Hilarious banter throughout the weekend with Alia/"Aleigh."

Watching the Battle Royale and especially the moment when someone disarmed Seth's sword and threw it outside of the cage. Chet running around, lifting up the sword and chucking it back over to Seth so that he could continue fighting, to the crowd chanting Chet's name. It felt good.

Chet writing a letter. The rambling doesn't stop when his mouth is closed.

Chet and Krystoff drunkenly planning some divinely inspired vigilante chicken justice.

"We gotta get the kitchens from the chickens!"

Fyde and Jonathan. You two are a budding comedy duo if I ever saw one and not only was it hilarious writing that poem with you, but I had a good smile seeing the two of you bartending at the same time.

So many people losing their [cool] when Chet told a joke. I love getting to make you all laugh, regardless of which character I play, so I'm only a little upset that I might've made you break immersion for a moment. I'd like to think it was worth it.

HARKER! I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS A FLOOR IN THE GARB CLOSET! Amazing.

Haze's cooking. I've never had a better midnight snack.

The fallout surrounding Nalick's arrest order of Van Kainen (the artist formerly known as "Karkat").

Norm. The dynamic between Chet and Lord Silverbow, is amazing. Proper fireworks between a Londwyn southpaw and a High Elf, every time.

Kreylin standing up to Brogan. Imanuel, you're making great progress, bud.

Nalick nearly arresting a friend, that friend being sentenced by the Magistrate to pay the victim 100 gold, and the friend asking the victim to borrow 100 gold, citing a vow of poverty. Robbing Peter to pay Coran Tanwyn?

Largely unspoken bonding between Angeliana and Nalick. So sweet.

Nalick singing a lullaby to Kestrel after finding inspiration in the bottom of a wine glass. What better on-the-spot song than that about real heroes with lyrics too vulgar for the bawdiest of bards? Hayley, I'm glad you got a kick out of it.

There will always be highlights I forget about, but I can assure you, if I looked like I was enjoying the moment, I was, and you should feel proud of yourselves.

See you guys in February!

Last edit: 30 Jan 2017 14:03 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin), Angeliana (Angeliana), Swyft (agentswift), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Marius (Calavius), Ergos (arieslink)
  • Marius
  • Thank Yous: 23
30 Jan 2017 09:23 #2 by Marius (Calavius)
Replied by Marius (Calavius) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights
This weekend was fairly entertaining and a great return for William in the long run. It had been several months since I had actually played William. For the past two or three, I had been full time NPC-ing. I was very satisfied with how things ended up going with my return.

Arrival
By the time that I had finally arrived within the proper, I had been exhausted. I had just gotten out of work and had school earlier that day. The trip to the proper was simply exhausting in itself. What truly surprised me about the entirety of my arrival was the fact that there had been snow in general lying upon the ground. It certainly hadn't been snowing where I had just came from, so the fact that there was any there truly caught me off guard.

Now that I had been within the proper, I had begun to run around and look to see if my friends had been around. I was in pain due to a small gash in my leg from events from the previous day, but the fact that I hadn't seen them in quite some time made dealing with the pain totally worth it. I was glad to see that some of my friends had been within the proper already, such as Snow, Wren, Olivia, Ergos, etc. However, I was also completely saddened by the fact that there hadn't been any of my other friends around. Wish you guys could have been here.

In addition to the fact that some of my friends had been missing from the proper, my lovely girlfriend, that plays Thaladriel, hadn't there as well. Sadly, she had decided to stay home and work on school stuff since it had been overwhelming her and she had been upset about it. I will not lie, I had missed her tremendously throughout this weekend and that emptiness within my heart hadn't disappeared until I saw her the following Sunday evening.

Events within the Proper
Although I had missed my dear friends and my loving girlfriend, I had truly enjoyed my time with the friends, both old and new, that had been within the proper at the time. Whilst there, I had gone through several things as William. To start, I had actually participated far more this event, than I have within any of the events that I have attended. One of the most memorable moments that William had gone through was when he had attended a lower level mod with a group of others. Within this mod, the group had accompanied a small child to find his sister. As we had crept farther into the maze, we had seen witnessed something truly horrifying. A wendigo had leapt out from the woods and attacked the little boy, tearing out his heart and leaving him for dead. This prompted for the group to attack the Wendigo and end its life. Once the wendigo had died, I had taken my sword and decapitated the wendigo to ensure that it was dead. Due to the fact that it had already been dead, I had decided that it would be best to keep its head as a trophy for this battle. (Thank Zipeto for allowing me to keep the wendigo head :lol: ) Interestingly enough, once the battle had ended, I had carried this boys body all the way down to the road until I found Thalia, who had than ended up bringing his heart back and allowing for the revival of this young child. This had made William a happy camper until he had discovered that this wendigo had been the child's sister beforehand. Enraged, the child ended up chasing after William, trying to end his life for killing his sister. Although he had been upset about the fact that he had decapitated this young boys sister, he had still ended up keeping the wendigo head. He just tries to keep the origin of the head out of his mind.

Now that that had been taken care of, William had to partake in other events to remove the origin of this wendigo head from his mind. In order for him to do so, he had decided to run around the woods and help out wherever he could. This had prompted him into partaking in main mod against all of the wendigo and the massive ancient twenty foot wendigo, that had ended up ripping of all of his limbs nonetheless, partaken in the demon war of glandsdale alongside the church of light, throwing up rituals against terrifying blizzards, strength learning, and pajama discoveries. Overall, it was a fairly entertaining event. Thanks to all who had helped me enjoy this event and whom had given me a truly entertaining welcome back to the proper.

"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

OOG: Marcus A. Serrano
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Kestrel (Kestrel)
30 Jan 2017 11:29 - 30 Jan 2017 11:44 #3 by Maeve Hesperus (gwennieofsidhe)
Replied by Maeve Hesperus (gwennieofsidhe) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights
I had a great event as Maeve and if you interacted with me at all this weekend, consider yourself thanked and appreciated. My favorite moments were as follows:

Crackpot theories on wendigo origins with Fifi.

Fifi's Rants: How are peaches disappointing? Let me count the ways.

Bubble breakdown with Fifi. Sometimes you just have to hum a little tune and get a little booty wiggle going on while you are shielded from harm. It passes the time.

Helping Fifi sort body parts as she dissected a wendigo, complaining the entire time about how if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.

Mirror Twin Blue Kestrel

Snark, matchmaking, tea and The Reject Cup with Cy.

Cy's AMAZINGLY PROFESSIONAL sidle up to Swyft on a bench in the inn, with the intent to crack a joke, only to laugh so hard at said joke, that she could not breathe, making us laugh super hard even though we had no idea what was so funny, because she was unable to speak. Best.

Storytime with Van. Maybe not as stomach pain inducingly hilarious as last time, but still incredibly entertaining.

Zelretch and Van trying to jump scare Swyft to death.

Here's to looking forward to the next time! The next event is coming up quick and I can't wait to see you all there!

[img

OOG: Renée Ballard
Last edit: 30 Jan 2017 11:44 by Maeve Hesperus (gwennieofsidhe). Reason: sp error
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift), Morgan (faewinds), Kestrel (Kestrel)
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
30 Jan 2017 12:02 #4 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights
This was an engaging event for me. Normally, I like to keep things mellow, trying not to interfere in business that I don't really belong in, but I decided to get involved here and there. It was a good time, I'll see about trying it out again...Maybe...Ish.

Ten minutes into Lay-On and I'm already up 1800 gold.
Friday was spent with my fellow Spirits doing the things that nobody else seems to be willing to do so uhh...You're welcome?
Tried my hand at doing a bit of alchemy...Yeah...That's it. Totally.
Satisfied a few murder boners by making Wendigo shaped boots. I'm still covered from foot to knee in, erm, what's left of your friends.
While lying in bed with the Blood Spirits, we made sure we were ready to kill anything that tried to come up and annoy us. I had my arquebus cocked and stated, "I've got my gun in hand ready to go, and technically, I'm dual wielding if you know what I mean!"
Saturday morning found some more dead Wendigos along with a couple of chats with people that you guys don't really need to know about. They're dead now...It's fine. You're welcome.
Went on a treasure hunt with a good friend of mine. It seems that we went out before everyone else did because we came back with uh...A lot.
NPCd for four hours. Not once did I play a wendigo. So that was cool.
My God came for a visit. I don't stand up so straight and attentive for anyone but the God of Death.

Ooh, this is a big Highlight! I was so impressed with the talent of one of our new friends, Tage, that I made it my duty as a veteran player to help her feel welcome and noticed. I pulled her off to the Bank for a small investment of 300 gold. Yeah, that's right! The pure assassin, poison slinging, death obsessed murder guy is making our new friends feel like they're important BECAUSE THEY ARE! So tell me...What did YOU do for our new friends?!

Main MOD murder-fest featuring me making sure that the healers didn't get their guts ripped out while they saved your asses. You're welcome. Again.
I got hit with possession twice, and despite having defenses for them, I cried out in excitement, "I EAT IT!" To which Annora says, "Wait, you're going to take it?" "Yes". "OH SCREW THAT! INTERCEPT WILLPOWER!" Damnit, Annora! Let me kill you guys!
For Sunday morning, I woke up with a sausage in my face. Please do with that sentence whatever you'd like.
Prayed to Galmachis in a blooming druid grove.
Burk's fight thing was fun. We should kill each other more often.

I'd like to give a special thanks to Chris. I love you, man, and I'm very excited to see what you have in store for next time you're our ST!

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Grashügel (HAZMAT221), Tage (Thage)
30 Jan 2017 12:32 #5 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights
Reece stop scaring my new Valosians.

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Not An Assassin (Salem), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Wili ()
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
30 Jan 2017 14:03 #6 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights
Well… that was a thing.

Busy Month for Blood Spirits, busy month in general and well, finding out that I can still fight even in pain from the weather. Positives all around.

Highlights of a fashion…

Friday:
Wendigo. We know them and these were a bit… beefy-er. And they are here because of all the cannibalistic sorts in travance. (Yo, if you eat long pig, this is what happens when you eat long pig…) So to quote Arkelian… “Stop it!”

Fighting the aforementioned wendigo near the inn. I can take one, hold own against two… but three? In the dark? Oh Hell No. Four is just RIGHT OUT… which is what I faced. Lasting exactly fifty or so seconds…. Was apparently enough time for cavalry from within and the stairs of the inn to mobilize and bail my arse out. Thanks Guys…

More discussion with various sorts. Y’all know who you are.

Whomever came up with the idea of the farmers feeding the children to the wendigo as sacrifice, that you (I think) for finding something that could get me *that* angry on an OOC as well as IC level. Nearly had to leave camp for a bit to cool off.

Fri-Sat transition… I do so hate fighting inside buildings- especially the manor. But in there we did. I just wish the area notes would stop being stolen. Its getting OLD…

Sat Morning Brazen Mass. After Spirits Breakfast, a handful of people arrived for mass, to include Jediah and Swyft. Just before mass was to start, I am outside with Jed when TEN of the Wendigo come down the stairs- Swyft’s hissing at their approach being the warning we needed

Jed and Duncan look at each other, at the wendigo then at each other again.
Me: You feeling limber, old man?
Jed: I suppose, I’m out of practice…
Me: Well, I guess Brazen decided you needed a reason to get some in…

This fight went for a bit… and well, it was fairly impressive- and quick once the rest of the people in the building got outside & involved.

A job offer. To paraphrase, the Blood Spirits are capable of doing and will do many things but we won’t do that. We are grey, not dark.

Delivery of a Bill of Sale for a Brazen Altar. April is going to be a very big month…

Saturday afternoon Ritual- It would seem that if you are short essences of Druidical nature, one’s own self is a viable alternative.

A chance encounter…. “Leave Travance and never return… for if you do, I will kill you myself!!”

Nezumi are NOT people. Two legged vermin, sure… but decidedly not people.

Conversations with a pair of paladins Duncan actually likes. I know some of what was said wasn’t liked… but at least it was acknowledged and reasoning understood- and in one instance, agreed with. Where it goes remains to be seen.
Incidentally… SEVEN PALADINS at main?!? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot…. It made sense later though; But at the time, whoa.

Sat Night Main- Everyone divides up and I have just a handful of young Spirits, a witch hunter and a Dorwick. Gathering up whomever was left behind and able to go, we became Spirit Detachment and went out helping the other crews.

And help we did. Proud of everyone who joined up with us and extremely pleased with the relative coordination and adherence to battlefield commands. Pat yourselves on back, people.

Late Night Fire… always pleasant.

Sunday Morning breakfast… Reece, if Kelley is available next time, I’ll have her bring you the meat… 

Yo… whoever sent out the Venier, I want you to know that was not the smartest of ideas. Just saying…

A proposition/request made….
“Can you put up with my shenanigans?”
“I suppose… Can you put up with mine?”
A slight giggle. “I suppose…”
“Then yes?”
“Yes…”

Some good RP, some discussions needed then it was cleanup time. All in all, a good event, a solid bit of fun and more than a few assessments made/given.

Next event should be interesting…. Considering its two weeks away!

See you folks then!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Ergos (arieslink)
30 Jan 2017 14:40 - 30 Jan 2017 14:41 #7 by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon)
Replied by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights
Well I feel like I'm playing a completely different character now... This was a great event!

Friday night was a lot of running around with some of the Spirits to take care of our business. Finding a good friend in the middle of that that she needed to talk to made it a little hard to focus, but the job got done.

Then talking to that friend helped clear up a lot.

I fucking hate Wendigo. They can go die and never come back.

Nighttime attacks on the manor when I can barely stand because OOG pain are a bitch. We survived though.

Saturday morning was NPCing as... Wendigo! 10 of us attacking the Manor at once during Brazen Mass (which is funny because I'm a Brazenite and our two bigger Wendigo are Brazen Clerics).

Saturday afternoon fighting demons and trying to keep Mileof sane.

Dealing with the four year anniversary of the fall of Reyna's tribe, which happened to be on Darius' birthday.

Arguments with Darius before and after main mod that finally (hopefully) led to a settling of differences between him and Reyna.

Learning Negative Energy Fortitude from Magnus completely changed Reyna's worldview. Thanks for that!

Sunday morning Demon attack and hearing two demons that had been Belmont Witch Hunters use Positive Energy Concentration.

Walks through the Proper and conversations on the beach to end the weekend are nice. :)

Burkhart, you need to run another Battle Royale!

Reyna Del Dragon Reign
Squire to Lady Lois Heimdell of Albriar
Master Witch Hunter
Robin of the Winged Victory
Daughter to the late Argyle Del Dragon Reign

OOG: Carter Sneeringer
Last edit: 30 Jan 2017 14:41 by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
30 Jan 2017 14:49 #8 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights

Reyna wrote:
Saturday morning was NPCing as... Wendigo! 10 of us attacking the Manor at once during Brazen Mass (which is funny because I'm a Brazenite and our two bigger Wendigo are Brazen Clerics).

Yeah.... I noticed that. While amused, that was Not Funny. ;)

Damn you Zipeto!!! ;)

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
30 Jan 2017 16:19 - 30 Jan 2017 16:20 #9 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights
Awesome event. Chris has been talkin about this event for months and it was phenomenal. Thanks to everyone who made it happen

This month was a lot of me being right on the outside of stuff happening and observing and supporting and contributing without actually being a main part of it. Because of that I feel like I didn't actually do a lot of plots this weekend, though I was almost always busy.

Also, first month of being Cara. That was interesting following everything that happened last month. So much character development, it was interesting to see how she acts now.

Being dragged on the scholar mod even though I'm not one. I missed the meeting I was supposed to be at, but the mod was really cool to be involved in and I'm glad I went.

Observing/being security for starling's druidic scholar lesson. The walk around travance at 2 am. Starling, Belegchand, and I having a 5 minute face off with a tree stump in the dark because we couldn't tell if it was a tree stump or a wendigo. Discussing how we should use that stump or other stumps to our tactical advantage in a fight against our enemies to demoralize and terrify them.

This weekend I learned how many people don't notice Cara unless she's actively trying to be noticed. The amount of times this weekend people didn't notice that I was somewhere (like in a convo or on a mod) was kinda hilariously absurd. (Looking at you Zach).

Chess with jackdaw. Hands down one of my favorite moments of the game. The entire thing was incredibly poignant character wise, both through the conversation we had and the echoing of our characters personalities and opinions through how we were actually playing our pieces. For it being the first time our characters have talked since they had a falling out in November, it was a perfect introduction to how much they've changed in their last few months.

For the first time since I learned mage I actually ran out of magic points mid fight. Two periods in a row.

Alice, Jeff, Andy and my 1pm NPM shift. Thank you for Chris for letting us use one of your blight totems for the new players, thank you steve for helping us end on an awesome ritual, and thank you to all the new players for being absolutely amazing and creative with your plans on how to bring this totem back to town. You all rock, and I can't wait to see what you guys accomplish with this game

Watching the blight grove ritual. Being super super glad I fated windwalker this event in the exact moment everything went sideways so I could get starling out of there.

Getting to do the ancient wendigo's makeup was so much fun and I'm thrilled with how it came out. Thank you Chris and Alisia for letting me help with the makeup and costuming for this event!

Arch caster lessons with Gabriel. Lots of interesting rp with Gabriel across the weekend in general.

Super character development with jackdaw. It seemed my event highlights were you this event! That walk around was super good rp. Loved every moment. Can't wait to see where that goes.

Lessons wth Bear. Dara you're adorable and I can't wait to interact more!

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
Last edit: 30 Jan 2017 16:20 by Cara Easton (Raeelle).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
30 Jan 2017 16:19 #10 by Raoul William Herskovits (RHersk13)
Replied by Raoul William Herskovits (RHersk13) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights
I NPC'd on saturday, so I guess I wasn't really a character, but there were still some great moments!

When I was playing a child frozen to death, some character (forgot his name) brought me and another dead child into the tavern to do an autopsy! the look on the bartender's face as two dead children were plopped down at his bar! priceless

also when I was playing a possessed, logistics gave me absolutely no info about what I was supposed to do if I was cured (it was also my first day at knight realms so I really had no idea what to do). So sure enough in a battle I was knocked out, cured of my possession, and revived. I had no Idea what to do so i just awkwardly role-played until they all abandoned me and I headed back to logistics.

Those are the two I remember first, but it was all so fun and a great first experience! hope to return soon.

OOG: Raoul Herskovits
The following user(s) said Thank You: Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
30 Jan 2017 16:19 #11 by Raoul William Herskovits (RHersk13)
Replied by Raoul William Herskovits (RHersk13) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights
also WENDIGOFUNDME

OOG: Raoul Herskovits
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
30 Jan 2017 16:40 #12 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights
Absolute highlight reanimatedo a cow...aNd Edmunds unhelpful side comments...only thing that made it better was Tori's absolute delight at the situation.

Making deals
Explaining deals
Poor life choices
James ongoing pressure every Saturday night
Constantly being pushed to the brink by a certain ST
Not doing much at all this weekend, and yet having it be one of the most stressful events ever.
Return of a longtime friend even know I didn't get to interact with her much.
Conversation with Jed was literally beyond words, I absolutely hope we get to repeat that.
Being excited about getting attuned to a Grove and then having the excitement tarnished by responsibility
Creepy lessons with Zipeto
Criminal!!!!!

Can't wait to see what's coming down the line I'm definitely going to have to stay on my toes

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Fenris Nattulv (dhaas987)
30 Jan 2017 16:41 #13 by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon)
Replied by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights

JTinney wrote:

Reyna wrote:

Yeah.... I noticed that. While amused, that was Not Funny. ;)

Damn you Zipeto!!! ;)

I was amused ;) We needed something interesting to do, and most people weren't being woken up by us banging on buildings.

Reyna Del Dragon Reign
Squire to Lady Lois Heimdell of Albriar
Master Witch Hunter
Robin of the Winged Victory
Daughter to the late Argyle Del Dragon Reign

OOG: Carter Sneeringer
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
30 Jan 2017 16:46 #14 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights

Raoul William Herskovits wrote: I NPC'd on saturday, so I guess I wasn't really a character, but there were still some great moments!

NPCs are totally characters. You're making the world come to life (and sometimes try to swallow us whole, but still).

The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt D (MattD), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
30 Jan 2017 17:28 #15 by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
Replied by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights
Friday Night; roleplay, fight, roleplay, fight hard, roleplay and scream until I have no voice at all!

I love the Blood Spirits and the Tanwyns...We are an old fashioned Marvel team-up! I'm always down to help y'all.

Charlie as Master Haroldson, what can I say? You know how get it done.

Amalthea and Argyle FINALLY getting a chance to really rp...deep, meaningful scene. "We should go help them!" Then we go to help Kalidonia...WHOOPS!!! It's just the pair of us, alone to face down a horde of Wendigo. The punishment my limbs took was terrible. "I screamed(okay, it was a muffled dry screech at best) "KALIDONIA CALLS FOR AID!!!) For the next 30 seconds, I knew that I was one more limb broken away from getting downed....half the damn town shows up. Thanks Travance, I owe you one.

Witch Hunter talks, patrolling, the amount of coffee consumed was questionable at best.I met a new player and his father, I can't thank you enough for helping out with the fire. Then... Chris Zipeto shows up, we talk a bit...and the next thing that I know I'm staring over Steve and Tori. Steve asks,"whatcha doin?" To which I replied,"I jokingly asked Zipeto who do I have to sleep with around here to become a MM, and he said you. So here I am, ready to snuggle, but...Tori looks peaceful and she scares me." Steve dryly, but firmly fires back,"That's fair."
This whole STs and Marshals love each other thing, they ACTUALLY love to mess with, scare, and generally haunt each others nightmares. Y'all are great, in desperate need of mental health services perhaps, but you're all great friends and bleed for this game.

Saturday?...still Friday for Chris Zipeto and I;

Tommy Defranza, a jello heart, and Danni as the NPC, GOOD MORNING New Players!!! That, was amazing, I loved it! Who thought you'd need a barf bag on new player mod??? Brenna and the other new player, that role played with Fenri to get the fallen NPCs back. That was epic, THAT is what it's all about. YOU made it worth staying awake to go out in the woods that early for. Thank YOU! I personally, am more than happy to welcome you all to the KR Community.

Speaking of new(ish) players and witch hunters, how'd you like THOSE undead? Creepy? Scary? Odd? Thank the beautiful mind of Ben Herman. Thank him in your recaps please.

Matt Magnus...where do you get your energy? Sorry man. I owe you one.

Cinder; WOW, just wow. Find reasons to RP with Brian as Cinder folks, I couldn't get a chance to actually finish the scene and we really tried, so to be continued...

Rebecca, you were my fight of the month. That was one of the best fights I've had at KR. I can't wait to do it again.

Reyna got both barrels of Argyles shade, gurl I read you the filth this weekend, my word am I proud of you. Mileof, Juste, Corvus, Darius, Damian, Duncan and all the rest of you(I wouldn't out y'all here, but I love y'all you know who) great times.

I vomit my guts out on the way to the Manor, and pass out. Yo, it IS a highlight, bed was great, I love bed. It's great. I'd say bed is my player of the month...but Bed doesn't have a card.

SUNDAY!!! Easy, peasy, lesson day, right?

Matt Defranza is on shift, we are cool, he sends out dope stuff...

Posi slinging demon witch hunters, flash forward a bit, I find out I'm robbed, Billiam beats my ass down(still emotionally dead from losing my stuff.) I go to jail, branded, it was a blast.

You'd think that would be enough right? NOPE! Venier, as the Argyle is gunna get wrecked weekend has NO brakes!!!

Josh Leib, great idea, I loved it, hope we can do more in the future . 10\10 would arena battle again. (Hey GREAT rp everyone, even I asked for a clarification in that, DOPE, Argyle NEEDED an unholy ass kicking and he got it.)

Gene, you are one hell of a role player. Good times.

Well, I think that's all that I can publicly post so until next event...WAIT,
147, if you know, 147 can kill ya.

Matt Defranza you can Kiss my ass! Nah, I love ya bro, that was great fighting and role play, that's what it's all about.

Zipeto, you killed it!

Feast was great, I loved a carb happy, hot, and hearty meal!

Terrorize is pain city

Fallow ain't shit

Hunters, that shit is just getting warmed up

#phuckmetagaming

All the lessons EVER!!! I am so sorry ahead of time card marshals.

Send me missives and all that folks, I'm sorry for being so swamped this month, but I will make the time for you.

See you soon, unpleasant dreams, and if the zombies come good luck

Del Dragon, Argyle
(OOC: Forest Dougan)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josephine (mferro54), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Pox (Cinder D.), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
30 Jan 2017 18:01 - 30 Jan 2017 18:02 #16 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights
Friends YAY FRIENDS!

Friday night started with a very long overdue conversation with Belegchand - about 5 or 6 years overdue, by my count ;-)

I really liked the "how about you come up with your own idea for how to handle this, scholars, instead of just parking yourselves at the table and pretending to read for X hours to uncover a few paragraphs of text". Same amount of time, but more active and fun! Thank you, Chris, for that opportunity!

A long talk with Bob in an empty Blackbird.

NOBODY EAT ANYBODY. :-D I'm always amazed when Lois actually has to use her authority - people listen, and that's still so weird to me :p She was just tired of having to hear the sentence: "No, he's not a wendigo, he's just normally a cannibal".

Getting up Saturday morning to find Arradir in the Manor with a list of issues, which ended with "and we think the Magistrate is a wendigo." Sir Dr. Maxwell: "Why didn't you lead with that?!" Arradir explained his reasoning, which was correct - if he'd started with that, Lois wouldn't have listened to anything else he said :p

Went and did #seneschalthings for a while, because Arradir was right, before finally finding an opening to flee off into the woods for two hours with Gras looking for Bob. End up circling around the lakes with no luck and arriving back at the manor, just in time to help Duncan with the ritual on the building. Get dropped to crit to make up for the lack of essences (who let a HomuncuLondwyn participate in a druid ritual anyway? :p), Duncan brings Lois back with a scroll, and then the Magistrate falls out of a tree 30 feet away, very much not a wendigo :-D

Chilling out in the Adventurer's Guild, and ruining Cutty's accent ;-)

Teasing Van. It's fun! ^_^

Many years ago, when Lois first saw the Weave, she declared that it was beautiful and that's what started her down the path of the Mage. She can finally see it on her own now, and that's one hell of a milestone. Thanks to Gideon, Aleister, and Tari for letting the weirdo Londwyn give it a shot and teaching her :) No thanks to Ib, though, for poking her Weave machine :p

Probably other stuff that I've forgotten, as usual. See you all in two weeks!

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
Last edit: 30 Jan 2017 18:02 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell).
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
30 Jan 2017 18:20 #17 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights

LoisMaxwell wrote: A long talk with Bob in an empty Blackbird.

Under most circumstances, I'd inform you both to keep your asses out of the Black Bird if it's "Empty" for multiple reasons, aside from the fact that it could be trespassing...But I must remember exactly whose post I'm quoting here and the other name mentioned in it...

You guys are good.

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
30 Jan 2017 18:37 #18 by Beinion (Beardy McFeatherbow) Thallor (Kevin G.)
Replied by Beinion (Beardy McFeatherbow) Thallor (Kevin G.) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights
This weekend as a whole was a blast! So much stuff happened.
Friday Night
Not much happened at first for me after lay on. As the night progressed i got bored and it was very quiet, so I decided to take a walk by myself. I know, "Dont travel alone." Yes, i broke one of the unwritten laws of Travance. As I made my rounds, I stumbled upon an attack by the guards barracks. I was doing well as I was not getting close enough for hand to hand combat. I was just shooting arrows. I called for help as I was shooting. I guess I was doing well enough to be a nuisance, because one of them started to chase me. Some good came from this though as I found out that I can shoot while running backwards. Some help had arrived and defeated the threat. as i came back around the corner, heading back to the barracks I saw Scarouche (probably butchered that, sorry Zach) eating one of the bodies. i thought that he was possessed so i shot him too. He then chased after me and we had a scuffle and he dropped me. luckily Danny and some other arrived just as that happened and dropped him too. after we both were raised there was some fun RP where he punched me in the face for interuppting him from "enjoying" his kill.

I had a lot of fun on the blight hunt

Later in the in I had a great time telling Chet my backstory. That was some good RP.
Then there was some "stupid-o-clock" silliness with Chet and Dominick before i went to bed.

Saturday
I helped guard the Druid ritual on the inn.
During the ritual we were beckoned by the Spirit of the Grove to deal with a blight grove that was trying to be created. There I helped Calven attack the Skin Walker that was preforming the ritual. That battle was epic.

Got back and helped do a Druidic ritual on Pendarvin's state house to remove the blizard inside.

On main mod i helped Calven hunt down the possessed. We got seperated so i followed Keavey around doing recon of the lands to makesure all of the windego were gone.

Later that night I went on a mod to find living lightning. I again became a nuisance by shooting the boss to the point that he kept turning me to stone. after about the third time i became a statue i hunted him down and delivered the final blow.

Had a lot of fun being a NPC for Ben and his crazy mist mod. I enjoyed being a messed up looking creature mixed between a bear, spider, and poison drake.

Sunday
I had a blast doing a lot of RP while creating the Rangers Den. I ended up impressing the Huntress spirit with my dedication.
(also thank you Zach for running off to run another mod and forgetting to let most of us know about what it was about even though we were connected to it lol)

that about sums it up.

Ser Beinion Thallor

The Fangs of Kaladonia

Steward of Niedrillion
[hr]
Alt- Leondavez Shacklebolt
[hr]
OOG: Kevin G
Senior Kitchen Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
30 Jan 2017 18:42 #19 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights
Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone who came out on a cold January weekend just to run around in the woods being spooked and chased by cannibalistic monsters and my own weird brainchildren.

#Wendigyolo, and all the hype you guys created. You were so jazzed for the event that I could barely sleep the night before, I was so excited to run it for you all.

Man, what an event. It all seems to be a bit of a blur for me, but maybe that's just because I didn't sleep until well after main mod. Totally worth it.

Friday night nerd mod: I'll be honest, folks. I didn't actually write any solution for the blizzards, the spooky stick fetishes, or fixing the PCs that were slowly turning into wendigo. Not a bit. That was all you guys. You came up with solutions. You INVENTED cross-disciplinary rituals and worked together to fix stuff. And man, that was so cool to see. I love outside the box thinking and player-created solutions to plot problems. And you guys blew it out of the water.

"Young miss."

Hiding blight fetishes all around camp by yourself in the pitch dark is an interesting and surreal experience. But the looks on people's faces when they saw them was completely worth it. Thanks again to Crystal for the fantastic job on them.

My afflicted PCs. Eric, Crystal, Walter, Zach, and Tom. You guys did such a great job really helping to bring out the subtle horror that is watching a friend turn slowly into something horrifying. A++ job.

Late night spoopery with Stacey. Not everything is cannibalism and jump scares. Psychological horror and atmospheric creepery are some of my absolute favorite things to do. The roleplay you folks bring to the table is A+. Just when you thought you were safe, they come back to remind you that the world is vast, and does not operate on a one villain a month policy.

Real talk with Forest and company at ass o'clock Friday/Saturday. The reminders of the kind of community this game is are always timely and always rewarding.

Hiding more blight fetishes, this time with light! I always enjoy early morning walks around camp. It's quiet and really quite restful, even with the cold.

Seeing the jello heart in the mold for the first time filled me with glee, and Tommy's excitement over the whole scenario was really infectious. Hi, newer players! Welcome to my stories! Let's make things WEIRD.

Skinwalker battle at the attempted Blighted Grove, and Geoff/Gideon Reinhardting the Blight ritual. The teamwork and creativity was awesome to see, with some truly badass moments sprinkled about as well.

You guys brought a new meaning to the phrase "Feed the STs." Be it steak, chocolate, mac n cheese, soup, or any number of things, thanks for reminding me or sometimes forcing me to take time to sit down and eat something. It's nice to see that you guys care, even when I'm trying to get you eaten by monsters.

Kevin's Gother-Than-Thou mac 'n cheese was pretty damn baller.

Main mod: There are few things more gratifying than seeing a concept you've been developing for moths come to life. Hoards of Wendigo, Shane as the Ancient Wendigo, and the by now half Wendigo themselves PCs howling and growling as they rushed the line of players, forcing the fight into a swirling mosh pit of chaos was a sight to see. Kudos to Rachael, Alisia, and Renee for combining your costume and makeup skills to visually bring my vision to life.

Things that happen in the dark that shall not be spoken of but will surely develop into something interesting.

Glamour Grove! "Hey Zach? I'mma try a thing." *everyone groans*

Sassy shenanigans with Clytie and Kestrel. Warlockery is best magic sphere. It is known.

Thank you all so much again for coming out and playing in the stories I write. You really take them and make them your own, which is the most rewarding thing. See you all next month!

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Winks Sharpthorn (Winks), Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Brian T. (Renthios), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Maeve Hesperus (gwennieofsidhe), Cara Easton (Raeelle), Kestrel (Kestrel)
  • Darius Redmaw
  • How you think when you lose determines how long it will be until you win - GK Chesterton
  • Thank Yous: 81
30 Jan 2017 20:43 #20 by Darius Redmaw (jackcoyle27)
Replied by Darius Redmaw (jackcoyle27) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights
So, things

Corvus coming into game after his land action, Austin you know what you're doing

Darius sticking up for Corvus, a lot, what!!!

Reactions to a Northman with a gun and hooks for a new character

Sebastian being Sebastian

Darius solved all his outstanding issues!! Thank you Duncan, Argyle, Reyna, Corvus and Milof! love all y'all

DIVINE INTERVENTION

Witnessing Reyna's negative energy fortitude lesson. Magnus changes everyone for the better

Darius finding peace with the loss of his wife, which for those of you in the know is funny

Liighkaa fucking with me repeatedly, especially the romani curse, Josh LaBar had way to much fun with that

Seeing a friend's true face

Jed's secret mass and my first real interactions with that character, I'm looking forward to the lesson. Also, getting to fight Jed for a good five-ten minutes as an NPC #krgoals

Thank you to everyone I interacted with and everyone who helped set up this event. Of all the events I have been to, this was the best!

Darius Red-Maw
Champion of Agaura

alt Thaddeus Black
"Plain, simple Thaddeus"

OOG Jack Coyle
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Swyft (agentswift), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Ergos
  • Thank Yous: 88
31 Jan 2017 13:27 #21 by Ergos (arieslink)
Replied by Ergos (arieslink) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights
Wonderful and fairly terrifying event. You know it's good when I'm dreading returning to real life throughout most of the game.

Friday Night:
Playing Ergos on a Friday was a nice change of pace. Random walks around the camp and finding Wendigo made for an interesting first fight. What I thought was gonna be a massacre turned into a good fight since I hadn't realized some of the company we kept.

Felt good roleplaying Ergos in general that night, the long break did him and me some good. Talks with newer townsmembers was good. Everything was just generally good.

Saturday:
Woke up and got ready for NPC shift. Got my ass handed to me as a wendigo-possessed but I felt like we certainly scared some people. Then got to be the bodyguard of Captain Morgan. Dave, you impress me.

Played Haz for a while, not actually doing all too much outside of roleplay and Mac n Cheese. Mac n Cheese competition was splendid. After a while, the ordeal of the stolen hat was an interesting one. Justin, you made that a pain in the ass, but it was very fun nonetheless.

Feast was delicious as always.

Getting ready for main mod as Ergos. Going out with Spirit Det. The group did very well for itself in a slippery, scattered battlefield. Peaches and Ergos is essentially a mithril ambulance covered in chainsaws at this point, and I'm a fan. Casualties minimalized makes Ergos happy.

Mid-level mod was great. Thanks to everyone who put that together. Would not have gone quite as well if not for our wonderful rangers and druids, so thank you. Talks with Lilith and Ester afterwards was interesting and fun as always. Abel and Ergos still need to have their food-eating party.

Murdering a ton of nosferatu was fun and funny. I don't think they were expecting 15 of Travance's best. Eventually settling down and watching the fights between Heimdell and a group of us. Absolutely hilarious. In case anyone was wondering: 1. Don't spit at Heimdell 2. Copper plates do copper damage.

Sunday:
Just some relaxing roleplay with Haz. Talks with Karkat and Cy and Maeve and Swyft and Nemuth were fantastic. Taking part in the newcomer battle royale and having my ass handed to me. Oops. Fun anyway.

Can't wait to see everyone in two weeks!

[Card Marshal]
[OOG: Adam Grimes]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
31 Jan 2017 13:32 - 31 Jan 2017 13:33 #22 by Jeanne Vierre (uncannychris)
Replied by Jeanne Vierre (uncannychris) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights
(#1 highlight of the event) Argyll: "Strength +1 and I have a bigger dick."

What an incredible time. First event and had a blast. I arrived in Travance as Jeanne Vierre Desmos, youngest brother of the Desmos family (of the three of us at least). Travelling with my wife (Tage), brothers (Arkev and Relius) and Arkev's two recruits, we sought new lands to call home. And boy did we choose and interesting place as our first attempt at doing so.

We set up in a room next to the bar to discuss our course of action. Relius began conjuring some of his interesting tea recipes. You see, we were supposed to meet up with Arkev's old comrade from his military days back in Kormyria. Conveniently the man we were looking for named Kerrick and his pointy eared friend Alia walk in to greet us. We talk business and split up accordingly. Relius has something he needed to attend, never told us what. Arkev and his recruits are off with Kerrick to talk merc business. Alia wondered off as she couldn't be bothered to be near my Romani self. So Tage and I wander into the inn to gauge the environment.

Summary of the rest of the weekend because I can go on for PAGES:
  • Attack at the inn. Wendigos, defended successfully
  • Wife made a ton of gold playing her viola
  • Relius went off to be a apart of a major plot point in defending against the blizzards and what not. Time explosions, interesting stuff.
  • While everyone was fighting a small childs sister-turned-Wendigo-thing, I found a portion of a scroll that could be used to cleanse the area, as well as many essence to conjure said scroll. No one asked. They seemed fine without them though ;)
  • Met another new traveler named Chimera. We all got along!
  • Chimera, Alia, Tage, Arkev and I decided to go exploring
  • After splitting the group to cover ground, I found an interesting stick fetish wedged conveniently in a tree. I went berserk, tried to eat anyone in sight. Ran into Chimera's sword in blood lust. A warlord tried to kill me to end it all, but everyone fought for my life. I love them <3. Was cured after not one, not two, but THREE clarity bombs. Regained consciousness to a broken tooth after trying to eat someones plate-mail covered leg.
  • Carried on trying to forget what happened.
  • Tage made a TON more gold playing
  • Got stuck in the middle of a 100-person battle. I don't fight. Not a good idea to be there.
  • The next day watched Kerrick break his sword mid battle. Then get stuck in a Mexican standoff chasing after said person who destroyed his sword. I giggled.
  • Met fellow Psionics who taught me much and put me on the much needed path to succession.

Thanks all for the amazing weekend.

Jeanne-Vierre Desmos
Professor of Psionics - Darkwood Academy
"Golden Codpiece of Ostcliff"

OOG: Chris Garnes-Ahmed
Last edit: 31 Jan 2017 13:33 by Jeanne Vierre (uncannychris). Reason: I forgot a word
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Ergos (arieslink)
  • Grashügel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Safety Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 241
31 Jan 2017 13:54 - 31 Jan 2017 14:04 #23 by Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
Replied by Grashügel (HAZMAT221) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights
All in all, it was a very busy event for Gras and Taylor is sufficiently exhausted.

-Some highlights-

Wendigos…..need I say more? Never before have I been so cautious when facing new opponents. The constant cripples throughout the weekend meant plenty of broken limbs, close calls, and fun times. Also, I am forever grateful for having at least three mental defenses available to me haha

Friday night Druid Mod was excellent as usual. I love seeing all the new blighted creatures and things that Zack is bringing to Life. Plus, getting to destroy blights is its own reward IG. Plus, doing more and more with fellow protectors of Arawyn has done a lot to ground Gras in his heritage and chosen profession.

Gras beginning preparations to follow the path of the Huntsman….Getting excited.

Dealing with conflicts and problems into the early hours of the morning…..Finally sleep.
Wake up and go about my morning business and encounter a pack of Wendigo outside the manor with nothing but the swords in my hand haha. Thankfully, Brazenite mass was there to fight and eventually destroy the lone pack. Good way to wake up and a taste of what was to come throughout the following day.

Tending to business and getting things taken care of.

Notified that Lois was walking off into the woods alone to search for Bob. SO MUCH NOPE. Proceeded to tail Lois and eventually take a nice walk with her along the fringes of the proper. Gras admires the tenacity of Lois and thoroughly enjoys the moments when they have time to interact one on one. Also, he doesn’t want her to die….like ever.

Arriving to the manor and seeing it being consumed from the inside by a blight blizzard. Even worse, finding out that a blight grove was forming just outside the maze. OH HELL NO. Gras B-lined it from the manor straight to the Gazebo. It was at this moment that Taylor discovered that he can OOG Woodland Stride. Running up the hill and jumping out of the tree line only to plunge straight into combat.

O-“Where the fuck did Gras come from? Did he just randomly jump out of the woods?”
W-“Gras always comes whenever I need him most”
One of my new favorite IG moments

Combat was fun for this. Reece, you did a great job as that Coyote, especially with all those damn leaps haha. Also, Skin Walker…. I don’t like that.

Fighting Demons. Always a good time and relief. If there are two things that Gras hates, it’s demons and blights.

Feast was excellent as usual. Thank you to all the kitchen staff.

Serious RP after feast in regards to one’s chosen possessions. I’m still trying to fully get a hang of it, but I’m getting there.

Main mod……. Lost my dagger somewhere in the snow while chasing a possessed through the woods. Also, got thoroughly rocked by a 40 ft tall Wendigo. Thank the stars for woodland alacrity natural transposition.
Going back through time or was it out of time? Either way, it’s the second time Gras has been outside of a timeline. James and Norm did a great job of running the encounter, so I look forward to more….Also, there is much that has to be researched ;)

Mars and her mid level mod was a fun encounter. Shout out to all the NPCs on that, you were great.

Sleep.

Followed by a pleasant and rewarding NPC shift. Once again, I have seen first hand how cruel some PCs can be when an NPC is not really doing much of anything wrong XD
“Chet, this is your shoulder Gras….use the force chet, trust in your feelings” XD
Chet looks around in alarm and concern

All in all, it was a great event! Shout out to Zipeto and everyone that made it all possible. See y’all soon!

Taylor Meise
Last edit: 31 Jan 2017 14:04 by Grashügel (HAZMAT221).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
31 Jan 2017 14:26 #24 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights

Justé wrote:
Under most circumstances, I'd inform you both to keep your asses out of the Black Bird if it's "Empty" for multiple reasons, aside from the fact that it could be trespassing...But I must remember exactly whose post I'm quoting here and the other name mentioned in it...

You guys are good.

Don't worry, we didn't touch any of your stuff ;-)

It's actually kind of funny... we were looking for someone, went into the Blackbird, and thought we heard people in oubliette. Rather than interrupting, we figured we'd be polite and wait, and enjoy the looks on people's faces when they came out to find us there... And eventually realized our directional hearing is awful and we were actually hearing people from upstairs :p Use that knowledge how you will ;-)

I remembered a thing! Thank you very much to Matt C. and Rachael for the lovely book ^_^ Lois has already started filling it!

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
  • Angry
  • Thank Yous: 131
31 Jan 2017 15:13 - 31 Jan 2017 15:15 #25 by Angry (Angryman86)
Replied by Angry (Angryman86) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights
So where to begin.

Fumble teaching how to open smith. That was a first.

Wendigo attack the barracks and take away poor poor maer. To be just sitting there minding my own crafting business and a wild zipeto walks in and attempts to scare the piss out of me. I say oh don't worry people will be here soon. He shows back up and makes a good giant show of things. Scaring most the pc's half to death.

Sunday breakfast followed by Mass after waking up Rudy. 3 Brazenites at a mass. fun times, getting my legs broken twice, not fun lol.

Supply orders, not smithing til 2. That's different, and odd and I don't know if I like it .

Thogg situation. That caused some heart ache later.

Deciding to not risk sitting at a my forge to weather the blight storm. Hindsight probably coulda made it. And I got to make sure Lois didn't go off alone.

War lesson from Utgard. YESSSSSSSSS.

Costco Run for things cause who has pasta and no cheese? Not this guy

Feast and feast clean up. For once I was done at a reasonable time and happy.

Standing by at the inn for main mod.

Disappointed dad talk from Cinder. That hit like a truck.

Being sad, deciding to go stand out in the cold for an hour for perspective.

Witnessing a crime. Brazen knows what you took. Hope you didn't die running down the hill, can only imagine the ice.

Sunday fun day of smithing. Good times and learned some things.

Not to forget the 2.5 hour chat with Romeo after loosing all track of time after things. Oops but it was good and a great time.

Father Angrin McCoy, Baronial Quartermaster
Last edit: 31 Jan 2017 15:15 by Angry (Angryman86). Reason: adding more
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Pox (Cinder D.), Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
31 Jan 2017 19:45 #26 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights
While IG getting a professional massage listening to Faun as performed by Creepy and Trent (a wonderful background) everything was wonderful - or would have been if Norm would have waited ten more minutes before bringing in the Primal Blizzard.

Hearing something outside at 0 dark hundred, going to the door of the Pendarvin Statehouse and finding it stuck. Gave it the hard shoulder (my good one) and it resisted twice, before opening into the inert body of Chet who was lying dropped in front of it with a Windigo over him. Yanked him into the statehouse, laid hands and chewed him out for his midnight stroll by himself. Next day, I offered him a piece of cake and he took it, saying, "Oh, thanks for saving my life." I've been trying to find a way to interact with Chet and I guess this was the beginning.

Good talk with the Magistrate in the Statehouse.

Feast was hot, filling and tasty. Congrats to all involved.

Fight vs Demons - all the NPCs were superb. We had fun.

Being introduced to a new protege of Rhione, Utgar and Pluvious.

Made a special order breakfast for Starling who when I brought it out to her thanked me. I replied that asking nicely and having good manners is a major plus.

A good game of chess with a newb, whose name I must get. After gaining a serious material advantage, I broke it down to a simple ending, to show him how a pawn to the good is all it takes. I had fun.

Serious, but brief, RP with Tari and later, Ib. Both had the good sense to not respond.

Magic lessons with Marcus and Ebony. One can always count on Marcus to provide unintended comic relief.

Sunday morning breakfast Norm got a bowl of milk and gave it to Swyft, who reacted like a cat. He hopes to be able to train her.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Fenris Nattulv (dhaas987)
31 Jan 2017 20:26 - 31 Jan 2017 20:40 #27 by Tiree Ketensag (skatingwithscissors)
Replied by Tiree Ketensag (skatingwithscissors) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights
I'm calling this the do-over of my first event, and even though we only stayed for Saturday (largely thanks to the cold I'm still getting over), it was a pretty excellent do-over. Thank you, everyone!

Highlights in a nutshell: getting pulled into situations that forced me to go running around everywhere meeting people.
Searching for a priest of Galladel after the frozen bodies were found led to meeting just about every OTHER priest around, and getting into a few good conversations once the situation itself was resolved.

Shortly after, I make an exasperated offhand remark to Thalia about "maybe we should start a Messenger's Guild!" when we were both fed up with searching the entire proper for the right people.
Not an hour later, this exchange happens:
Thalia: We're going to need somebody to run back and forth between buildings and make sure they are covered -
Kalmia: I believe you said something about starting a Messengers' Guild.
Me: I... I just big-mouthed my way into a job, didn't I?
Thalia: Are you volunteering?
Me: I think I've just been voluntold.

And it resulted in some of the best RP of the day - I admit that I'm pretty fast, and my escorts kept ending up in battle or having to patch people up, so I kept having to find someone new to run to the next building with me. Thank you to the the Guards, the bards, the fastest physician in Travance, and everyone else who helped me figure out my way around, offered me water or gave any other form of help to keep a messenger alive. (A messenger who is very interested in some of the doors these involvements have opened.) The roving Wendigo battle in general was pretty excellent - appropriately scary PC/NPC ratios at times, and lots of fun playing whatever effects they threw at us.

Volker (Dan)'s personal highlight was watching Thalia head the investigation like a boss, and hauling around stones to keep people from stepping on the totems.

Props as well to everyone who NPC'd the demon fight for risking life and limb on the ice - including the one guy who hit the slippery patch, slid out, and crashed into a player's leg, gifts and prizes first. Never got your name, but you're the real MVP for getting up and coming back to fight us.

OOG: Ann M. Donnelly
Last edit: 31 Jan 2017 20:40 by Tiree Ketensag (skatingwithscissors).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Rathnait Eirdottir (dokidara)
31 Jan 2017 20:36 - 31 Jan 2017 20:37 #28 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Replied by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights

Tiree Ketensag wrote: Volker (Dan)'s personal highlight was watching Thalia head the investigation like a boss, and hauling around stones to keep people from stepping on the totems.

Proving that Abby watches too many forensics shows!! LOL!

You three were all fantastic! Looking forward to seeing what else you get up to in this crazy town.

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn
Consul of Kaladonia
Warden of the Phocus
Ambassador to Calasvorin
Manager, Dragon's Claw Inn;

OOG: Abby Leib
Last edit: 31 Jan 2017 20:37 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl).
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
31 Jan 2017 20:57 #29 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights

Tiree Ketensag wrote: I'm calling this the do-over of my first event, and even though we only stayed for Saturday (largely thanks to the cold I'm still getting over), it was a pretty excellent do-over. Thank you, everyone!

Thanks for giving us a second chance!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
31 Jan 2017 21:25 #30 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic January 2017 WENDIGYOLO REALMS Highlights

Props as well to everyone who NPC'd the demon fight for risking life and limb on the ice - including the one guy who hit the slippery patch, slid out, and crashed into a player's leg, gifts and prizes first. Never got your name, but you're the real MVP for getting up and coming back to fight us.

That was Jean Mezic, he was dodging me at the time, slid under me and hit that patch of ice.

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Moostrav Potrevski ()
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.859 seconds