April 2017 '#KRnival' Event Highlights

• Terzak
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Tell me, thief, do you know anything about MAGIC?
  • Thank Yous: 154
23 Apr 2017 14:17 - 23 Apr 2017 19:04 #1 by Terzak (TheArchMage)
April 2017 '#KRnival' Event Highlights was created by Terzak (TheArchMage)
I would like to preface by saying that Steve was right, from lay-on to the finale most certainly was showtime, and damn, was it a good one.

Highlights as I remember them atm include:

The ritual and the difficulties of the devotion.

Terzak's questioning himself after running into at least 3 or 4 things that could kill him by glancing in his direction Friday night, only to be guided out of the slump by Nalick.

The number of people who told me to sleep was really appreciated, there were a few points where I did not understand how or why I was still awake.

Getting tapped on the head by Emilia for being stupid.

Burkhart missing with an Incinerate, leading Terzak to say 'let me show you how it's done' only to miss by at least a foot.

Zach's bad upbringing jester (Depresster?), Nocturne and Mercutio are the three performers I spoke to at length, and they were all played excellently

Celebrating St. Astrid's Day by delivering cookies for free across the inn, then giving one to Brazen.

Sneaking low level healers into a mod with sorcerers...only for Maple to kill an undead Xorn with healing rocks.

SCRUNGUS!

Running like hell upon meeting a homunculus as a goblin warrior of SCRUNGUS!, then dropping what I was holding when I learned that it was the Father.

"Crit 22...daaaaaaamn" as Seamus blocked an attack from behind with his shield without looking.

Carnival goes without saying, the amount of time you all practiced more than showed, all of the acts were amazing.

Feast was good as always.

Finally being able to put into words exactly what Terzak wants and has wanted for 3 years now and exactly what he's willing to do for it. Learning about the basics of Sorcery from Orophin and copying it all into his spellbook as soon as possible. He really ended up facepalming when he realized how many (albiet stupidly risky) oppurtunites he had to stop feeling powerless.

Might have forgotten a few but really the roleplay with a bunch of people alongside what I saw was just fantastic all around.

By my hand,
Professor Terzak Winstonshire

OOG: Will Harrington
Last edit: 23 Apr 2017 19:04 by Terzak (TheArchMage).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kleidin (Kleidin), Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
23 Apr 2017 20:06 #2 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic April 2017 '#KRnival' Event Highlights
"I tend to keep my promises."

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian T. (Renthios), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
23 Apr 2017 20:57 #3 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic April 2017 '#KRnival' Event Highlights
To all the NPCs and performers, storytellers and staff, you went above and beyond. Thank you

A late night Bar chat with Kartigus Kane. Some new things Cara is going to do lots of research on. Much to discover.

My first real monster marshal shift! Thank you to all my NPCs and all the PCs that got involved with the encounters I sent out, and thank you to Brian for co-running the shift with me. It was a pleasure working with you. I look forward to writing many many more encounters for everyone!!

About to go to bed at midnight and ending up getting dragged out the door because Bran was back.... now you're thinking with portals!

God 5 for God bingo! Hello Andorra!

Late night beach rituals. Thank you to Stacey, Alisia, Jason, and drew for letting me get involved with your rituals! So much weaving. Need to work on my footwork XD

Heading back about to go to bed again and ending up going downstairs to work on studying the contracts.... and asking the Ma'khet how to void them....

2 hours of trying to figure out how to void a very very well written contract...

A fight with Belegchand, and doing the noble and stupid thing before he did...

And proceeding to take the first death better than I ever dreamed!

Thank you Alice, Matt, Connor, Cassie, and everyone else involved in both the legal talks and my reanimation. Thank you matt for the amazing rp as you dragged me out of the inn and threw me down the ramp to yell at me. Nerd Rage!

Seriously, thank you everyone. It was a great weekend. <3

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
23 Apr 2017 20:58 #4 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic April 2017 '#KRnival' Event Highlights
Months of planning. 24 hours of performance.
I have unending amounts of love and appreciation for my performers. They made my wish come true!
The entire circus was a highlight. Every time I walked onto the site, there were people milling about, waiting to get fortunes told, art done, or simply watching the performers.
I wish everyone could have seen the finale from my perspective. Standing in front of the crowd all sitting and waiting, it was a sight to behold.

For those who came out and saw the show, I'm eternally grateful to you for partaking in this story!

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aria (Aria), Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Narcis (ChrisR), Angeliana (Angeliana), Swyft (agentswift), Faila (Faila), Not An Assassin (Salem), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Terzak (TheArchMage), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Sweeney (Nemuth), Wylla H. (Tifferzlives), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats), Captain Jackdaw (Captain Jackdaw), Cara Easton (Raeelle), Ergos (arieslink), Seth (Kurteth), Jeanne Vierre (uncannychris), Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
24 Apr 2017 00:40 - 24 Apr 2017 01:02 #5 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic April 2017 '#KRnival' Event Highlights
That event was incredible fun, from every IG interaction from MORTAL KOMBAT the encounter to SWAT TEAM RAID to a really tense face off with Eden and Shade and then going face to face with Father then Eden again and also trying to help and tell some things to Abel and ohhhh my gosh.

Now, the KRarnival proper. It was glorious, all the acts were great, I'm sad I missed Carlos' fortunetelling but to be honest I was really excited about going to Christine's NPC and it gave me some interesting insights into Grim's future.

The fire show was great, the strongman was great, the Menagerist was awesome as usual, though i'm sad I didn't get to fight his weirdo things.

ALso, grim/Me setting the record for Pillar squats with 60 was pretty good.

My NPCs were all great, and many of the encounters I sent out went emergent in great and enjoyable ways, with no real loose ends.

I had some great 1v1s with the Pawn, fought the knight, and had some intense roleplay with the new players who I taught a bunch of bounty hunter skills to.

Losing Bran secondhand was hard, seeing Seamus knighted was great, and Rudolf and Cyndra coming through huge for the special ingredients grim was looking for was also really special.

I had a great time working with Alice B and Walt. Had a nice talk with Chris M about 40k during some slow times during the day, and it was super great to see Lord and Lady Blackthorne at an event, as well as the Baron.

Got a chance to get the Alchemists together and working on a thing. It was nice to seem them doing experimental alchemy and working with stuff.

I really loved Steve's NPC and I hope we see him again, and the Master of Games and Jester plot is some old-school stuff coming back in, so that's just great.

Roleplaying with Morwenne and Sir Barak was a pleasure as always. For someone who hates magic as much as grim, he sure does spend a lot of time asking white sorcerers for ideas/history lessons/direction on how to deal with problems creatively.

Hearing that Sir Doctor Maxwell showed up and solved a major problem with the homonculi in like... a very short time. It was incredible. And completely IG for him. He's just always firing on all cylinders.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
Last edit: 24 Apr 2017 01:02 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Narcis (ChrisR), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Terzak (TheArchMage)
24 Apr 2017 08:06 - 24 Apr 2017 08:08 #6 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic April 2017 '#KRnival' Event Highlights
-Getting to be awkwardly blind at the beginning of the event. I couldn't read *any* IG postings on the boards for the entire month and I was going crazy. Thanks to everyone who helped and no worries new healer, I remember I still owe you a favor!
--
Wax fortune telling! Something completely different :D

Fire dancer!
--
Having to hate Northmen most of the event! Poor Danae got the worst of it (especially since she was the first/last I saw in combat while I was cursed...) It was so great to RP though! The shock on people's faces while I just casually bad mouthed all the Northmen once people noticed was great. Curses suck <_<
--
"Psst, Zelretch, it's Cinnamon."
"Oh god! You really do look different all the time!"
"Well, yeah, that's the point. Anyways, any advice on collecting a lich's phylactery?"
(I am apparently causing Zelretch to develop a small paranoia towards new folk who know his name right away.)

P.S. Sorry that mod was a bit rushed. I thought it up Friday night and spent Saturday morning writing up the little packets/making the symbols. Thanks to everyone who helped set things up and the new players for executing the plan so well!
--
P.S. Thank you for the circus finale. Everyone was amazing all weekend and that topped it off!
--
"I'm just wondering how Hand got the fortune teller."
"What?"
"I mean, I thought maybe Hand was a Djinn that got bored and people weren't reading what they were signing. Now it's a curiosity because, apparently, it was her." (I made a mistake and kept using the word genie during the event. Also, I really hoped other people were listening to the circus storyline because it was really neat even before Main Mod.)

I'm also really happy the Djinn didn't hate us and that there was a completely different enemy I'm super curious about that showed up that I try and figure out how they're related to each other (or maybe Hand just crossed the wrong path and got noticed by the wroooong Jester)
---
*Shortly after Bran is murdered*
"Oh, good, I didn't have to ask Seamus and Bjorn to do it. I'll have to thank people for killing him later."
*gets stared at*
"What, it was going to be my suggestion. I just hope Bran remembers to apologize to Arabeth."

^I think Ilana just wanted to pretend being sliced through the middle so suddenly was as painless as it could have been.
---
I got hugged by Andorra :3
---
Ilana talking to a bunch of Venir like it's totally chill because she knows literally all of them in Vindholm and knows how to talk to them. Danae getting to throw her title around like a boss
---
Very last thing in Travance:
*after dealing with Ilana's local Venir, she passes by an argument between two friends*
Friend: "It's Aguaran Stuff!"
Ilana: "Oh, um, good luck with that!"
*thirty seconds later, at about the inn, heading to leave for game*
"...Wow. George, I just realized how utterly upset that just made me. I'm so disappointed she never accepted my help."
"I know Ilana. Let's just go."

^That's how she left Travance. Heartbroken over a friend. Feels.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 24 Apr 2017 08:08 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sister Danae (Danae), Narcis (ChrisR), Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
24 Apr 2017 08:38 #7 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic April 2017 '#KRnival' Event Highlights
Being back was great. Rough start though. Damncold. Makes me sad i missed so much of the KRnival.

However my highlights...

The Dragoon Cairn work, changes and curious happenings. I am perplexed and that says much. So many things there tgat I got poison Ivy. Its under the moved leaves. I will get killer for it folks.

Brazen is at the Inn. Milof running by at full tilt... right passed Brazen. We holler he runs back stillat dpeed stopping in front of Birgitta where he repeats itthinking we didnt hear him. 'Milof turn around see that man... do you revognize him?' He turns around. 'Oh my God OHmy GOD!'

'Yes. That. Exactly.' Birgitta say laughing and shaking her head.

'Now let me find Angrin and our Smith of Light Rudy...' leaves.

Seth looking to check out these contracts. 'Seth why dont you take the contractor with you.' Huh? 'Don't worry. I do this for a living.' His epression of relief and thanks worth the walk and the shock. Mercy signing. Oh nonono.

Later smallbreaks and still not nullified. Damn clause. Solid work by omg the cost. 'Don't sign anything. ANYTHING at the KRnival.

Abel and Father. All of it. Matt I love you. Don't hurt me when you see me next. Lol

All the love at the Encampment and our guests. Crossing one more. All the work and frustrations waiting with what is to come... see dragoon stuff.

Chocolate. Dark Milk or White.

And... kicking back relaxing with fruend eating a meal talking about the good times had.

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seth (Kurteth)
  • Ergos
  • Thank Yous: 88
24 Apr 2017 09:11 #8 by Ergos (arieslink)
Replied by Ergos (arieslink) on topic April 2017 '#KRnival' Event Highlights
This event was so freakin' cool, thanks to everyone who helped out! It was incredibly entertaining to have everyone on edge about the circus the whole time only to find out that the circus people were just nice circus people. Sorta.

One of my two big highlights were healing for the low-level chaos rift mod. It was really fun running around the battlefield making sure everyone was fine, wondering when the seemingly-invincible demon would finally go down, and roleplaying high-tension, high-energy Ergos. Well done to all the PCs on that mod for keeping up the fight in dire circumstances, and thank you to the NPCs and marshals who made the mods fun and exciting for us!

Second big highlight: SKRUNGUS!!

Hopefully I'll see y'all in May! Thanks to everyone who made my event amazing!

[Card Marshal]
[OOG: Adam Grimes]
24 Apr 2017 09:57 #9 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic April 2017 '#KRnival' Event Highlights
Omg how did I forget. Not only did i not kill anything i didnt raise my weapon to anything living. The only thing cut was in honor to the Dragons. TheGaia Birgitta has never gotten to meet...you take that from the Mercenary Commander and get your butt here. Lol

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
24 Apr 2017 11:05 #10 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic April 2017 '#KRnival' Event Highlights
Alright folks...Let's give you some actual highlights.

-Plenty of labor down at the Blood Spirit's encampment before Lay-on. Setting things up, preparing firewood, all that fun shit. I'll get my projects for the encampment done one Event/Camp-help-day at a time.

-I've walked many miles this event...And many of those miles walked were just from the encampment back to the proper (and reverse).

-Made a new best friend.

-Got two back massages for a grand total of 435 gold. Money well...WELL spent.

-I won guardswoman Allyce at the auction...Didn't even pay a single copper for her. I pressed Clytie during the auction, raising my bid, having her raise hers, and then I dropped out at 225 gold. Had I not joined in...Clytie would have only paid, maybe 75. I love being me. I suppose this makes up for the date that Karkat STILL owes me.

-The violin is so nice.

- I put Nalick down during an immaculate defense lesson. You need to get those hands up, mate.

-I hope Caldor is pleased. Not Gaia...Caldor.

-Buried the corpse of a child who was found dead in a...erm...Troll meat pit. No known cause of death, but that doesnt matter to me. What matters is that their final resting place is in holy soil, and not a meat pit. Thank you Leivfka (Correct my spelling please) for your help, and for your respect.

-I got a promotion. I'm moving up in the world, ladies and gentlemen, watch out!

-The joining of Darius and Leah...Leia...Leeuhh...How the fudge brownies do you spell that..? How do you pronounce it...Uhh yeah...It was great! Good ceremony. Go team.

I was greatly impressed with this event, 10/10 would KR event again. Someone please tell Steve that I said that because I think he's been avoiding me in an effort to continue skipping that date with Karkat.

I will get you.

OOG-Reece Belmont
The following user(s) said Thank You: Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), JTinney (Swordsaint), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Ergos (arieslink), Liighkaa Potrevski (Liighkaa)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
24 Apr 2017 11:10 #11 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic April 2017 '#KRnival' Event Highlights
The best dates are usually from the ones who play hard to get! And Van's the hardest!

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR), Not An Assassin (Salem), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Ergos (arieslink)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
24 Apr 2017 12:00 #12 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic April 2017 '#KRnival' Event Highlights
My Main Highlight was being allowed to be part of a Great Performing Group was an honor OOG ! I was amongst so many great performers and entertainers :)

I really want to give a shout out to the New Player Shade who let me read their fortune suddenly when I was told a Djinn was wanting to speak to me, I hope we all understand how funny that was to be OOG and I tried so hard to be 'eyebrow waggle suspicious' when we talked :)

I found out that Travance knows what it wants, until someone offers to give it to them on a golden platter, if only for a little bit of working with a Circus. So many options, maybe too many for Travance!

I want to apologize to anyone who didn't get a chance to get a reading on Saturday, by the time I had closed down, I had been doing readings for 11 hours over the last 24 hours and I was not only cold but also very tired! I do have an a PC that would read if convinced. That also being said but ~Shameless plug ahead~ I read for a living and if anyone really enjoyed what they received at game I would be more then willing to try and set something up OOG. ((Give me a week to recover first though!!!))

I'm glad for anyone who tried a reading other than Tarot, I wasn't sure if anyone would like the Wax readings but the positive feedback was great :)

I loved the finale show, I was excited to get to watch that :) I was also excited to be OOG and watch the fight. I could hear Drew yelling "WHERE IS THE DJINN???" and I just giggled a lot from the edge of the battlefield. That pulls into how great it was to not have to worry about skills or combat or anything and just entertain :)

I would also like to thank you all for coming and enjoying our Circus! We really did spend a lot of time getting ourselves prepared and I know I'm not the only one who'd want to come back as an even bigger and better Circus :3

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
24 Apr 2017 12:25 #13 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic April 2017 '#KRnival' Event Highlights
I am SO glad this was my first event. I had such a fantastic time!

Laughing over Cindy (not 100% sure how to spell his character's full name, but he gave me permission to use Cindy until I got it lol) kind of taking me under his wing that first night and walking around with me just throwing names at me left and right. He had me laughing and amused the entire time and really helped me break through that first-timer anxiety I was feeling.

2 1/2 hours of running around as a ghost pirate. "We are the worst pirates in the world!" Also SHARK BEARS!!!! I can't get over how that started as a short little thing and evolved into just this amazing episode of fun and laughter. It ended with getting to go through the focus. I never thought my first time through the focus would be as an NPC!

Dancing around a fire as a fire imp with the rest of my group. That was entertaining!

Biff the lawn gnome!!! Especially having to convince him that there was a better lawn at the circus and he should keep coming with us. It was adorable and fun!

Realizing that when you're new in town and quiet, people tend to say things around you that they probably shouldn't be saying. Hehehehe...

Dirge saving my life at main mod. THANK YOU DIRGE YOU ARE AMAZING!!! Also omg that show... the finale was absolutely AMAZING and the performers were spectacular! Such a great job you guys!

Really, a huge huge thank you to everyone. Everyone I met was so incredibly helpful to a new player and helped me figure out my abilities and how to use them. No one was upset about me asking questions or angry that I really wasn't all that good at anything. So many people willing to give tips and pointers and help me out. You guys are the best!

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Jack Webb (MichaelCantor), Fenris Nattulv (dhaas987), Jeanne Vierre (uncannychris)
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
24 Apr 2017 14:02 #14 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic April 2017 '#KRnival' Event Highlights
Honor Combat with Billiam. I've been in about a dozen, and that by far was the best one yet. A+ man.

Ashby General store and paying new players to get involved in things. Three volunteers to protect Tommy when monsters attacked us. Players that helped with feast. Players that collected commodities to explain what they do. Perfect. I did very little fighting as my PC and really enjoyed the interaction with them. Definitely bring this back again.

Tommy collecting more tickets than we knew what to do with, and Steve's reaction when he went up wth 51 tickets. Then his follow up when Aubrey turns in 54....

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
24 Apr 2017 17:39 #15 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic April 2017 '#KRnival' Event Highlights
Interesting event….

First month in the encampment, first month with a new tent, other firsts… and no little cursing the weather.
Anyways…. Highlights.
- Clean setup of the encampment. All the tents went up without a hitch and the new one is awesome as hell. Much thanks to Matt Kaufman for the chopped up trees for us from previous days. Cannot thank you enough.
- Lay On Speeches… I am always happy to see players new and old get into the pregame announcements and pay attention to the safety portion. You guys have been excellent at caring for each other as of late and that makes me very happy. Keep doing it!
- Post lay-on… walking with fellow spirits various places and getting investigations done.
An unforeseen circumstance put me and a few others in a Hold for four hours killing my Friday but events of Saturday would make up for this downer in many ways….

- Brazen Mass! A very well attended mass this month, with members of several faiths present. And the wedding at the end of it- well, it was poignant and fun for all- couple and wellwishers.

I look forward to conducting more weddings- the Ceremony Wording was something I worked on for a while and I am thankful it makes sense.

- Were-spiders. Why does it have to be Were-spiders?
- Tied into above… a Grand Fey? I wish I had collected the gold dust from the wrecked werespiders. Holy Crap.
- Going to the Carnival…. For all of a minute. And that was to grab Oren and various guardsmen for the were-critters attacking travelers by the barracks.

What I did see of the Carnival, excellent stuff! Matt’s Strongman was spot on… and I wish I could have seen the aerial ring-dancer at work/performing. I’ve seen such an act before at a burlesque show many years ago… and would have been great to see one again. The required strength and athleticism for such is substantial- anyone who thinks otherwise…. Is crazy. Just sayin’.
- Feast. Good as always…
- Brazen returns!! I’ve been waiting for his return to Travance for some time… and Gene nailed the personification of the Crafting Master. I cannot help but be giddy at the reactions of those present who heard him speak of What We Stand For; it’s only been part of what I’ve been preaching for months…. What a boost, letmetellyou….
- And the Project!! Holycrap again… Bringing ALL the Faiths together for the Smiths of Brazen to fold the divine energy into it…. Wicked awesome.
- The Joint Baptism of Edmund. I had wondered what would make the man decide and being brought into the Faith in front of the Man himself by the two main Priests of Brazen. Highlight… just a highlight for many reasons.

- Main Mod… This smells of TRAP. It does… and I’m not the only one who thinks so. Spying a certain bird…
“Rook…”
“Yes?”
“Walk with me…”

And off to check the OTHER side of the performance area.

BTW, the fire dancing was excellent. Just very cool.

- The actual fight for main…. Fighting, dropping targets and manacles all over the place as I capture various opponents… then finding out as they are constructs, we can destroy them.

Lots of good Combat RP here and I got to teach a fellow player how to spice up his own Combat RP… After all, it is part of the fun of the game, isn’t it?
- Bran’s Funeral.

For anyone who did not catch my words as I dampened the dead Highlanders lips with the contents of a flask…

“Good Watchman… Ye work here is done
now it is time for you to go to ye rest,
a taste of the Highlands on ye lips….
And the beauty of the Moors in ye heart
on ye final journey home.”

Poignant end. Andorra showing up… was an interesting development. Considering Angeliana never stopped loving him despite everything, well hell…
- Returning from *THAT* to encounter Heimdal. And a wonderful conversation.
- Jackdaw’s being tossed… Justin, way to RP the toss and fall… and really work the tumble. That had to hurt…
- Sunday Morning Foods… and teaching. A few conversations and then it was time to pack out the camp.

From time of moving wheels to the top of the Ravine to final cleanup complete- 90 minutes.

All in all, a good event and I know there is things I am missing. Peace and all that… and see everyone next month!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Not An Assassin (Salem), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
25 Apr 2017 00:34 #16 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
Replied by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay) on topic April 2017 '#KRnival' Event Highlights

Justé wrote: -I won guardswoman Allyce at the auction...Didn't even pay a single copper for her. I pressed Clytie during the auction, raising my bid, having her raise hers, and then I dropped out at 225 gold. Had I not joined in...Clytie would have only paid, maybe 75. I love being me. I suppose this makes up for the date that Karkat STILL owes me.

You wanna know the worst part about getting a date through someone else's bid?
They can change their mind

Dame Clytie Silverfang, the Pegasus
Knight of Travance
Master of the Mage's Guild

OOG- May Leonard
Kitchen Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Liz (Liz)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
25 Apr 2017 03:23 - 25 Apr 2017 03:26 #17 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic April 2017 '#KRnival' Event Highlights
Nalick hugging his Goddess. Natch.

Bob. Seriously. All weekend-long, the best friendship an Andorran High Priest and the Prophet of Agaura could ever have, especially when it came time to give Benediction at feast. That "Instill Confidence" was golden.

Learning how to dance from Crystal's carnival performer. It was hard to walk without dance-y steps for at least 10 minutes afterward and there were a few people who asked if I was feeling okay. Then there was Bob staring me down and calling Interrogate.

The Oren talk. Nalick almost cried throughout and it was solid advice, but it clicked more and more as the night wore on, especially after taking umpteen laps around Camp for almost four hours straight. Oh legs, where art thou?

Bran. Chris, your performance was top-notch. The back and forth with Bran and Seamus, Bran and Bjorn. Angeliana throwing down her staff and Nalick doing the same. The long walk down to the water. Kneeling in the sand and clutching Kwildar's old holy symbol. Wiping my eyes and looking up to see Bjorn and Seamus standing in front of the lake with coyotes starting to howl in the distance. Mother Nature is once again the best unsung Atmosphere Marshal.

Aldric coming in clutch when Nalick was at a loss for words asking Andorra for help--can you blame him?

Fyde and Jonathan (the new bartenders) when the four of us got to the bar to have a toast to the dearly departed. Take a bow, guys.

Nalick's personal life once again becoming a circus within a figurative circus while a literal circus was happening nearby. Why's that a highlight? It keeps me on my toes.

Riley screaming for help. I have never run so fast in my life as Nalick did when he heard it. Seeing Caelvan save her and turning his attention to someone nearby getting surrounded. Finally having an RP reason to use a tag skill that was on his card for the last four months. So good.

Seamus teaching Nalick an important set of skills Sunday afternoon as more and more townsmembers joined in for the lesson. Definitely not going to forget that one any time soon.

Last edit: 25 Apr 2017 03:26 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
25 Apr 2017 08:46 #18 by Not An Assassin (Salem)

Dame Clytie Silverfang wrote:

Justé wrote: -I won guardswoman Allyce at the auction...Didn't even pay a single copper for her. I pressed Clytie during the auction, raising my bid, having her raise hers, and then I dropped out at 225 gold. Had I not joined in...Clytie would have only paid, maybe 75. I love being me. I suppose this makes up for the date that Karkat STILL owes me.

You wanna know the worst part about getting a date through someone else's bid?
They can change their mind

Yes,but I still FEEL like a winner.

OOG-Reece Belmont
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
25 Apr 2017 17:18 #19 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic April 2017 '#KRnival' Event Highlights
The carnival was superb - all the performers were first rate, but I feel mentioning the performances by Maxine and Karen combined serious strength and balance.

The puppet show was a hoot, particularly when the knight was described as overbearing and haughty, to which the audience spontaneously called "Sir Hurgar!"

However, the show was stolen by "Baby Brogan" playing a devil. She was on a mission, which included going to Pendarvin to get some gems (daddy told her I was one of the richest people in town). Immediately after putting them in the pouch of her "beast of burden" AKA mom, she was off to find the Ringmaster to cash in her tickets. Cannot wait until she comes of age so Brogan has to decide whether to embrace her or burn her at the stake.

Trent, Dohnald, and I were in Trent's tent, enjoying a taste of the grape (sparkling) when we heard a scream for help. I exited the tent and headed into Oscliff, where I saw two people dropped. I laid hands, and one, Haz's alt, discovered her pouch had been rifled. Screaming, she ran toward Trent's tent, ringing a cowbell and yelling what the perps were wearing. Sadly for them, I was there. More sadly, Danny McGregor was also there.

Three first time players on their first NPC shift and Cappy and I find them redhanded. Great RP on their part (They were showered with RP points) but I can see why they did not believe my spiel ("I can take all three of you in less than 10 seconds, but Sir Danny wouldn't take any longer, so why not surrender and the magistrate will not kill you"). closer to 5 seconds, but then, there were the two of us.

Lots of lessons - I taught from all four of my professions, and both higher lists. My favorite was teaching insult to a member of Wolfgang the Coasthavener's crew.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
26 Apr 2017 13:20 - 26 Apr 2017 13:33 #20 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic April 2017 '#KRnival' Event Highlights
~ Finally, being given the freedom to perform without limits as D. No boundaries... <3 I hope everyone enjoyed that as much as I did.

~ Bringing her story to full circle by sacrificing what she did for that ritual. She has done many things but this was definitely the pinnacle of her craft. Being accepted and praised for it was icing on the cake after what she heard, felt and understood. It worked.

~ D almost losing her shit in the middle of the inn due to her fearsome reputation being mocked by Jun. Sitting next to the one person she trusts in the entire world, hoping deep down that maybe she might be able to help. She knew just how to. Thanks sis.

~ Running into hoards of undead on my way to set up and sell soap for marketfair as Angeliana. Standing still and calm as they march towards my lonesome self. Upon my smirk the front one going: "oooooh shiiiiit". Taking them all out.

~ Selling my wares during market. Always a highlight, thank you all for your support, really means a lot to me! Also thanks for the people who fed me, brought me drinks and danced for me this time. :)

~ Going to the festival with the Baron. Enjoying the fire jugglers, swallowers, dancers a lot! Getting my fortune read and knowing even before it, just how it would turn out. Wasn't wrong. Was worried sick, that feeling of doom and sorrow just getting exponentially worse.

~ Seamus getting knighted. Well deserved. Also thank you for a yummy feast. Luis omg them avocados. <3

~ The circus finale. Awesome! Thanks to all performers, you all rock.

~ The Baron's concern for Angeliana sitting alone at a table drinking and looking like the world collapsed. Telling him she is fine. Yeah, she lied. Man has bigger concerns, lol.

~ Finally getting Bran's letter scryed and finding out he is flying and within an hours distance from Travance. Never ran so fast to find Seamus. Finding him at the bar, que the begging and squabbling. Of course we run into Aldric as we are leaving the inn, then Bob joins the conversation and Seamus screams at Angeliana to get her to comprehend something so hard and so painful only coming from him she could finally digest. Deciding in that instant, that if she had to, she would kill Bran to end his suffering which would be a mercy to him at his current state.

~ Seamus, Bjron, Bob, Aldric and Duncan waiting for him with Angeliana, Bran coming right for her. After some intense moments of sheer insanity, that shattering moment of time stop and portals, he gets ripped in half but in that very moment, Angeliana's prayers getting answered and Andorra herself showing up and cradling Bran. Thanking Angeliana and leading her, holding her hand, to take Bran to Galladel personally.

~ Bran's funeral. Andorra's gift and Bran becoming an Angel of Galladel. The heartbreaking goodbyes. Andorra's hug and reassurances, then Bob hugging Angeliana. Pain this severe, he understands and even he felt for her.

~ Nalick consoling Angeliana and having her hold Kwildar's old holy symbol.

~ Drinking in Bran's name into the night. Cheers, you big damn hero. You will live on in her heart for ever.

Until next time KR family. Take care.

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
Last edit: 26 Apr 2017 13:33 by Angeliana (Angeliana).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Ebony Hale
  • Go ahead, underestimate me. You will not be the first and you will not be the last... But you will be wrong.
  • Thank Yous: 60
27 Apr 2017 11:26 - 27 Apr 2017 11:28 #21 by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats)
Replied by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats) on topic April 2017 '#KRnival' Event Highlights
Had a lot of fun at the circus and loved, loved, LOVED the costumes made by the players, the makeup and the rp i saw and had with a few of them. Performances were so freaking amazing. Such a great job guys!

Anyway Highlights:

Friday:
Chicken making as per usual. Made a good chunk of money and fed people who were hungry and had no money. Bought a box for 6g, found out it had a trap on it and a master lock, proceeded to wait for Peaches to show up and open it for me if he could. Also wanted to give him his food. Ended up having Pluvious open it, got some gold and some fun trinkets. Having a few people get slightly mad that my box only had a loud alarm and not a bomb of some sort like theirs. Also hearing Kartigus Kane was at the blackbird, but staying it because I knew if I went I could die seeing as my own higher ups had issues just catching him.

NPC shift 2am-6am is always my favorite because I get to rp a bit, then do npc, then rp for the rest of the weekend. Justin W. was a great MM and i loved all the mods I went on. Undead that got more powerful each time you killed them. Galamachian cultists wanting to kill us because we were once one of them. Ash rats that were just very curious and interested in what was going on because the druidic ritual pulled them there. Getting snacks handed to us and randomly heating objects was fun. Warning: don't touch Rudy's hammer.......just don't. *squeak* Also being possessed people being tormented by the ghost possessing us. Doing the very crazy stuff they told us to, and getting freed from it and crazily laughing my way out of the inn.
Went to bed at 6, to find the rest of the guard was still talking in their beds, yet we all had to be up by 10 for the auction at 11... who needs sleep?

Saturday:
THE GUARD AUCTION. We were going to have it outside the inn but saw not many people were gathering and some really wanted to go to the circus and decided to go to the circus and do it after one of the circus people said we could, that she saw no problem in doing it. Ended up bringing a lot of people to the circus as well. Getting won by Dominic and laughing about it with Peaches later.. he is going to pay Dominic more money than he did for me so Peaches can get the date. Oops. Missed the rest of it so Ebony could fulfill her promise to Dominic about helping with a ritual thing to Visaglis. Went to the Barracks to get a guard pennant thing to represent law, walked out and started to walk away down the path to the main path, Dominic saw wear spiders, I suggested he, Terzak and I go to the barracks, ill put up the sanctuary, we'll be safe, they proceeded to say they can get to totem pole hill before they get to us, I see the NPC's start running at us as Terzak and Dominc run for the path down to the manor, I run for the barracks and call the sanctuary, I watch as they get webbed to a tree. I called for help for the people at the circus. Tried throwing magic at spiders, they were oog good at dodging spackets. Knew if I left the barracks I would get downed and then who would get help for us? Help arrived and spiders were downed. Thank you 4 years of NJROTC for getting my voice to be good at being loud yet clear enough to understand.

Made a flower at Angrin's crafting party, wanted to give up a few times, cut my finger at the knuckle, finished it. Ate left over chicken, went to the carnival with him, fought undead things on the way there, got tickets. Fought fire imps, got more tickets. Cashed my 28 tickets in for some really cool stuff. Got a drawing done with Peaches (so happy about it, I love it so, so, sooooooo much <3 )

Congrats on Seamus for being knighted. Feast was absolutely delicious, so good. Listened to Brazen for a bit, made the biggest bottle of hot cocoa I could to bring to the performance, sat on his cloak with Peaches to keep our clothes dry, passed said bottle around to some friends and the proceeded to watch an amazing spectacle of fire, while still being a bit paranoid that when it ended, something was going to attack us (which is why I didn't bring my iPad to record >..<) Fighting with people about killing and not killing things at main mod was great for RP "Malyc told me they're not real people, we can kill them." "I don't listen to Malyc, he's not my Captain, nor is he my god." then proceeded to not kill and then hear Caldor say we could.

Hanging in the inn for a bit, then changing into my alt for the first time ever, Kyla. Thank you to anyone who RP'd with her Sat night seeing as I was only minutes from changing back into Ebony because of my chosen quirk for her not initiating conversations, and thinking it was a dumb idea to play her at that time with not a lot of people being there and just my own insecurities about it getting to me, seriously thank you guys. <3

Sunday:
Playing Kyla a bit more in the morning and her meeting the head of her clan's adopted daughter, and hearing she does magic. Then changing into Ebony for the last hour or two to give lessons.

Can't wait for next event! See you all in 2 weeks!

~Ebony Hale-MazoKisei
Knight of Cups of Albriar
Dean of Shamanism at Darkwood Academy
Last edit: 27 Apr 2017 11:28 by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Terzak (TheArchMage), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Kestrel (Kestrel)
02 May 2017 15:36 - 02 May 2017 15:38 #22 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic April 2017 '#KRnival' Event Highlights
I keep screwing up the long version of this so I'm going to go with the short version of highlights

First and foremost everything about the carnival was amazing. the performers Showmanship everything was so much fun. I hope we have something like it again in the future.

Second obviously the devotion. thanks to everyone who got involved either helping or hindering. I really enjoyed arguing with some of you about it. Even more so I loved the Great Lengths that many of you went to help me with it I hope that everyone had as much fun with it as I did. I am particularly proud of my Gaian flock and all you guys did.

The Fae king of the Spring Court was completely unexpected completely unnerving and utterly awesome I can't wait to see what comes of that.

Sad I missed the fairies

Meeting Andorra was really cool even if the situation was really. So much closer to having met every. Here's hoping I can fill up my bingo card before the rules change.

Awesome to meet Brazen more personally this time and get even more about overall mythology of Gaia.

All the food at every meal and every point in between was delicious

Main mod being a circus performance made me ridiculously happy I was so glad we didn't have to fight those guys that I felt a wave of relief both ig and oog

A little sad to have the event end without any results from the Gaian devotion. I hope the many Gaians who came to participate or who took major roles in it (myself included) will be there if/when something comes of it.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
Last edit: 02 May 2017 15:38 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kestrel (Kestrel)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
02 May 2017 16:10 - 02 May 2017 16:11 #23 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic April 2017 '#KRnival' Event Highlights
Possibly my funniest line in all of my KR history. Webbed up in a tree outside the barracks.

Ebony: "We need a little help over here!"

Me: "We need a lot of help over here!"

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
Last edit: 02 May 2017 16:11 by Chesta (Kevin).
  • Ebony Hale
  • Go ahead, underestimate me. You will not be the first and you will not be the last... But you will be wrong.
  • Thank Yous: 60
03 May 2017 23:14 #24 by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats)
Replied by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats) on topic April 2017 '#KRnival' Event Highlights

Kevin wrote: Possibly my funniest line in all of my KR history. Webbed up in a tree outside the barracks.

Ebony: "We need a little help over here!"

Me: "We need a lot of help over here!"

Next time listen to the guards person, ya know the only person who wasn't webbed to a tree, when they say let's go to the barracks. :P

~Ebony Hale-MazoKisei
Knight of Cups of Albriar
Dean of Shamanism at Darkwood Academy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
04 May 2017 00:13 #25 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic April 2017 '#KRnival' Event Highlights
This is what happens when I'm trying to summon a god.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.725 seconds