July 2017 highlights....

• JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
24 Jul 2017 12:12 #1 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
July 2017 highlights.... was created by JTinney (Swordsaint)
If not for the humidity, it would have been a better event for many I think...

For me, it was a fairly quiet event, with the most excitement/fun coming in two spots...

Best parts!!
- Friday before layon and all the comments about me NOT being in a kilt. "This an Alt?" was asked several times... It wasn't but who knows? Zeke Helbrecht may make a return...
- Message for Mistress Tari...
- Bounty Hunted.... Or Is it?
I am glad to have been the quarry for this and Kudos to the players for rolling with everything that transpired. The best Mods in my opinion are NOT scripted... and the level of improv I was allowed to do made for some SERIOUS fun for me and for the players. Trust me when I say I half expected to get pummeled- which would have been a bad result for the players. That they went the Diplomatic route and used their brains...got them the deeper story. And it might not be a story that's ended yet either. 9/10, would do this again. :)

-Early Sat Morning, hearing that Argyle died.... and came back a bit off... "Well, something finally got him. Hope they paid dearly for it..."
-Raccoons. Little bastards... got the breakfast sausages, hot dog buns and got into the instant coffee container (bugger unscrewed the lid!!). Left little paw prints behind too... done in residue from the instant coffee all on the bugger's paws. :)

The running joke for the rest of the weekend was that there was a raccoon with a carb-coma after coming off the caffeine rush... This has set up a small funny scene for next month though, with another player who has a raccoon animal companion....

-Unbroken Oak. I pretty much knew it wasn't going to go according to plan... and it didn't. However... its not every day 99% of who went on the mod made a point not to kill... (one negative from this mod: one person mod-jumped into this mod to wreck it. This is being dealt with on a Staff level)

-Flying Tackle of an Arch-Angel of Judgement... and holding him down so Atrus could talk him down from the killing rage. Wicked fun scene... though there are two templars I need to be talking to next event.

-Loss and Additions. Lose a member of the Company and gain one in return.
-Late Night Paladin Discussions... many subjects and a plan hatched to recover a lost one.
- Morning meeting in the Encampment... wow.
-Sunday Morning confirmation of information gotten from Dunn. This resulted in some very pointed words.....

About the fastest ever pack-out and clean up of the Encampment ever. Start to Finish, 45 minutes. :)

Next month will be very interesting. Very interesting.

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dustiria (mytho2)
  • Corvin Ralenfolly
  • The Good Looking Ralenfolly
  • Thank Yous: 43
24 Jul 2017 16:16 #2 by Corvin Ralenfolly (SteveM)
Replied by Corvin Ralenfolly (SteveM) on topic July 2017 highlights....
Hey Everyone, your favorite Pendarvin Fry Cook.

I come to a Knightrealms to swim in the lake, see my friends and make new ones. So I had a great time!

My Highlights:

Making wonderful new friends at Alisandria on
Saturday.

Cooking on the barbecue is the way to enjoy summer, Pendarvin grills in the summer!

Thank you Matt for making sure the Lake was safe!

Bro-Darvin is always an adventure to sleep in, sleep with one eye open!

Enax is a beach hog. Nuff said.

Corvin Ralenfolly

Steve M.
The following user(s) said Thank You: geezer (geezer), Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin), Wili (), Snow Blackwater (), Dustiria (mytho2)
  • Gabriel Chance
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The guy who does the things
  • Thank Yous: 265
24 Jul 2017 16:19 #3 by Gabriel Chance (Kiellor)
Replied by Gabriel Chance (Kiellor) on topic July 2017 highlights....
I had a blast creating and running this event. Though my highlight has to be a small interaction with only a handful of people.

"What is his demeanor?" "He kinda mad."

Gabriel Chance
High Arcanist of Drega'mire
Binder of the Vestige Argolarium the Bound King

OOG:Drew Benton
Officer
Story Teller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Liz (Liz), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Maeve Hesperus (gwennieofsidhe), Cara Easton (Raeelle), Dustiria (mytho2), Grashügel (HAZMAT221), Django (Topgunwov)
  • Dustiria
  • Thank Yous: 92
24 Jul 2017 21:32 #4 by Dustiria (mytho2)
Replied by Dustiria (mytho2) on topic July 2017 highlights....
My family had a wonderful time! I loved watching PCs react to my kids during NPC shift. One of my favorite moments was when Edmund asked my son what field of magic he was interested in and my son replied, " Lacto-Mancy." Edmund replied,"I think you need to be female to do that" Special thank you to all the marshalls who took the time for questions and the ones who ran our shift. Thompson party of 10 enjoyed ourselves.

Dustiria the Alchemist/Engineer and something else. Let's just say I make all the bombs.

My friends call me Dusty

Member of the Alterra council

OOG Marcia K Thompson
Grumpy Dwarf Forge Artist
The following user(s) said Thank You: geezer (geezer), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Terzak (TheArchMage), Brian T. (Renthios), Captain Jackdaw (Captain Jackdaw), Liighkaa Potrevski (Liighkaa), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
24 Jul 2017 21:49 - 24 Jul 2017 22:10 #5 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic July 2017 highlights....
The most ironic highlight ever:
After the event, I chatted with Ashe about how the best moments are the small interactions that never make it to the highlight reel.

Feast was amazing. No matter which character I play, they always have the worst time deciding which friend group to sit with come suppertime, so half the time they sit down with complete strangers. Saturday was no exception, except when Reese joined the table. The context may forever elude me, but the word "breadbowl" became the funniest thing in the world and we all cried and died laughing until we realized the room had long since cleared. Well done.

Aiki's garlic bread. Damn.

"Congratulations on your promotion, Grim."
Three people turning their heads. "Wait, what?"

The news. Dropping the staff without planning to. Running into the Adventurer's Guild. Adertha and Midori on the bench. Trying to explain to Starling and she taps on my shoulder to have me look toward the corner of the room. Obviously Nalick can't go a couple moons without needing a moment.

Arabeth's brief visit from the spirit realm. Not even being able to stop from grinning. Hearing that she and Shamis could really use a cup of coffee.

Nalick: "How do you take it?"
Shamis: "Cream and sugar."
Arabeth: "Black."
Nalick: "I know."

Sharing a smile and then darting off to the kitchen.

Everything is a blur of humidity and shenanigans. The 15-foot Intercept that I had to prove (thank you, Chris Horn, for the hilariously long Mace of Spades). Discussing how to track down Argyle and mid-conversation, he walks into the Inn with a pair of demon horns. Chet yelling at people that liches aren't nice and them disagreeing. Over and over again until Chet bumps into three completely new townsmembers who all agree that they're just the definition of bad.

Being involved in several mods from the other side and seeing how the players chose to mold the story and which direction they chose to move it. John, Leslie, Justin T., and Brendan, thank you guys so much. That sparked something and I have so many ideas in the works. New players, I hope you're ready for what I'll be sending your way. I mean, I'm also hoping you're not--just slightly!--but still.

Last edit: 24 Jul 2017 22:10 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Terzak (TheArchMage), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Dustiria (mytho2)
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
24 Jul 2017 22:05 #6 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic July 2017 highlights....

Nalick wrote: Chet yelling at people that liches aren't nice and them disagreeing

this one was. ;) feel free to have me introduce you anytime

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Terzak (TheArchMage)
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
24 Jul 2017 22:27 #7 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic July 2017 highlights....
I was expecting an....interesting event. I certainly got that...

Friday:

What did I do on Friday? Hunt this, hunt that, find out Oren was dead finally, nearly hurt him myself for telling people no one was looking for Kane, working with various people on various different projects and then bed!!
LEARNING THE THING!
Sooo many triggers.... How many triggers...

Sat:

NPC- Paint! ALL THE PAINT!
-Stacey and I to the rescue! The longest drive....with the most cops!!

Dying of the heat and going to a painted house thing? Who knows...
Fighting Dimetri? No thanks.
Interesting conversations...

Main Mod:

Holy hell all of the fighting everywhere...

AFTER MAIN MOD:

So... There have been several times where Allyce SHOULD have been worried/scared/terrified. And she never has been. After speaking to Dimetri that night after the mod that happened..... Allyce felt something. She wasnt really sure what it was. Then, later, she realized what it was. It was fear. For her? That bodes for interesting things..... Terrible things. But. Interesting.

Mae:

I threw together a ritual, performed it with help by winging it and doing what seemed right, and it WORKED! Ill be dancing for a long time over that.

A SUPER GREAT EVENT! I cant wait to see you all <3

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dustiria (mytho2)
  • Blackfarrow
  • "My name is Death, and the end is near."
  • Thank Yous: 28
25 Jul 2017 01:00 #8 by Blackfarrow (Roman64)
Replied by Blackfarrow (Roman64) on topic July 2017 highlights....
Highlights:

Meeting tons of new players, such as Reed and Nillie and showing them around Travance.

Guard Shenanigans: including having Siegfried being bought back through the focus with an Avatar of Brazen accompanying him. Conversing with Grim about homunculi and dealing with Seth, getting to know more of Cyrik and his look on life.

Hunting down the Unbroken Oak with the big leaguers, and attempting to shield one of the heretics from Brogan's angel's divine wrath. Robert Davis' roleplay as the Gaian Priest was masterful.

An amazing New Player mod run by Andy where we explored an ancient crypt filled with constructs, undead, and a bastard cultist who I unintentionally sassed, earning be a Grant Death zap. On the bright side, Ergos saved my ass and I was able to find a Meteoric Fire Shortsword. Sweet loot and a sweet encounter!

Observing Ostcliff's efficiency at training with their exercises and being surprised at their suddenly swelled numbers. Glad their forces are on our side and honorable as ever.

The feast, godly as per usual.

A great event overall!

Jurian Blackfarrow
Private of the Baronial Guard of Travance

OOG: Isaiah Roa
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j), Dustiria (mytho2), Selphatos (Selphatos), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 379
25 Jul 2017 09:59 #9 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Replied by Tim P (OrganicGolem) on topic July 2017 highlights....
Plan C

[hr]
-Tim P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes), Not An Assassin (Salem), Terzak (TheArchMage), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Kestrel (Kestrel), Kerrick (BillboBlackins)
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
25 Jul 2017 12:35 #10 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic July 2017 highlights....
Stuff I can't even talk about except say thanks Padma you rule. Also Jackdaw. And lol at the ship misunderstanding.

The lesson, fucking rad. If only Annora knew what we did to one of her drakes :P <whistles>

A difficult, awkward, long overdue exchange with Jackdaw.

Vampire tooth trophy, then selling it, then getting sleep poisoned to get searched. Only thing they found was demon bone torturer tools. I wake up. "D you're really fucked up." ... "thanks"

Sneaking up behind (IRL) and whispering into Anneria's ear "are you sure" about her getting married after she gave D an invitation to her wedding. Made her jump at least twice haha!

Stupid o'clock fighting undead. Raging with zerker teach Atrus, no legs, no problem. He crawled across the damn field and still messed people up. A+ zerker. Also, sorry Midori. <3

Talks with Jed and Jade as Angeliana.

Protecting all of the unbroken oak zealots from being murdered. Some from Brogan... cause angel... others from Marcus which got really interesting when he tried to cut me down inside my own sphere of protection, with 20+ witnesses. One of which was Bob. Now the Count knows and there was a special order from the baron? womp womp. Politics.

Feast was great, that glorious garlic bread, yum! Also... breh breh breh breh... you guys are goofballs. Laughing fits are good for empaths. Thanks.

All of the lessons given, all of my students rocked it <3 you all.

Dr Sir Maxwell's hypnosis of Atrus. 2 amazing roleplayers right here, made for a stellar scene and a good brain jumble.

SEAMUS is back! Galladel's token being given to Atrus and putting it into crucible. Bjorn pouring a ton of holy water into the goblet.

Healing all of the people during main mod. Favorite moment was when Angeliana called Starling over to save Jackdaw who had already been healed by heal life. "I need you to pull me out of the brink of death". "Huh? what?" "I need to take on his condition".. "Oh... shiiiiit". Great scene. Starling's confidence afterwards in Angeliana made her feel humbled. She told her to call upon her anytime she needed to do that again. restoring Jackdaw's body so he could receive more saves. Cause... Jackdaw.

Also Rione, nope you don't get to always think of others but not yourself, Angeliana knows how that goes all too well. Takes one to know one :P

By far my top highlight of the weekend: D's dread pirate lesson from Cooper as Atramis Delvantez on Sunday. I hope those watching enjoyed the show. This was bar none one of my favorite lessons I have ever gotten in my 6 years at this game ever. The creativity and effort poured into this and both of our energy spent during it made this so real and fantastic that I can not praise you and the lesson enough. Thank you a million man. <3

See you next time KR family.

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
25 Jul 2017 13:30 #11 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic July 2017 highlights....
Everyone who interacted with my traps/posters <3 Thanks for letting me tell you a small story there.

Following a group of PCs for several minutes only to keep walking towards them when they stopped and when they asked who I was saying I was hungry ! It was very hard to walk in time with you guys!

Walking through the group patrolling after one of the other students. Walking through them and and right up to Argyle....

Plan C

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Kestrel (Kestrel), Dustiria (mytho2), Kerrick (BillboBlackins)
25 Jul 2017 19:34 #12 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic July 2017 highlights....
The event started with a bang. Poor Khala got pulled off for a "discussion". The poor girl has a lot of things to worry about now.

Paint puppy's showing up. One was super friendly and let her pet it... the other well... not so friendly. Bit for twice her BP which dropped her immediately. Thankfully Duncan was right there and fought it while calling for help and someone rescued her.

Getting to pet a poison drake. Khala forming a life goal to pet all the critters.

Saturday ALL THE NPC STUFF!!! Getting to be a paint monster for hours and fight people. Final spawn out of the fireplace of the inn and we all just slew everyone sitting in the inn before people outside realized what was happening. There was a pile of about 4 people all slumped over the scholar's table. XD

Main mod was intense. Getting left for dead on the field by someone she trusted has reinforced Khala's belief that she can't actually trust anyone. Also my first time getting dropped into crit. Exciting!

Sunday getting to NPC as alchemists. All you silly new players are so trusting of people randomly giving out potions... seriously guys... just don't. >.>

Last but not least, Khala has been set to walk the path of the druid. Gonna be interesting to see how this turns out :D

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Wili
  • Thank Yous: 206
26 Jul 2017 11:12 #13 by Wili ()
Replied by Wili () on topic July 2017 highlights....
Private parties gone awry. Time to practice my political skills.

I love my bar. Shenanigans generally ensue.

Bacon and Estabon late night drunken adventures: "is the focus even real?"

Using tricksters jibe for the first time. Using tricksters jibe the second time. Sorry not sorry, Gras. I love being Argenti.

Wilindé Aläciel
AKA Wili
Blackbird Manager Extraordinaire

OOG-Kelley Commeford
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
26 Jul 2017 18:04 #14 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic July 2017 highlights....
Playing chess with Fenris. After his 4th move I say "Interesting."
He looks up and says "I know what that means."
"No, really. Interesting, not fatal."

Siegfried's fire circle. 5 painted rats try to sneak up just as Grim and I step in that direction.

Interactions with some Grumpy Dwarves. The kids both have great manners and were successfully introduced to scrapple.

Several business transactions with Rudolph. At the conclusion, he says "Now we are even and can go home with clear consciouses. We have an interesting relationship, with business and personal obligations being sacred.

It pays to amuse me

Discussing how to stay alive with three newcomers, one of whom asks a perspicacious question. After answering "Tell me your name.. I'll learn the others' later."

Enjoyed the nibbling approach of the Painted during MM. It worked on many levels.

First rate feast

Looking forward to disabusing people who believe their words cannot constitute PvP of the error of their belief.

Pendarvin Meat Grilling. Steve brings back the glory days of Pendarvin Summers.

Massage, IG

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dustiria (mytho2), Liighkaa Potrevski (Liighkaa)
  • Liighkaa Potrevski
  • "Liighkaa, do not make friends." -Darius, every time Liighkaa starts waving to a monster
  • Thank Yous: 33
28 Jul 2017 00:01 #15 by Liighkaa Potrevski (Liighkaa)
Replied by Liighkaa Potrevski (Liighkaa) on topic July 2017 highlights....
This was an amazingly well put-together event. Not many highlights stand out in particular, but here are some things that happened and were pleasant:

-Mobbing Nalick with the Andoran mob as an NPC. That shift deserves to be given special mention. Jeff, I almost wish I was sorry. :)
For those who weren't in the inn at the time: almost every single NPC on duty was sent out as an Andoran pilgrim after main mod. There just so happened to be one, single, solitary priest of Andora in the inn.

-Hanging out in Pendarvin and giving massages. I need to bring my table more often. Thanks to those who gave me food. :)

-Running back and forth between Lady Faruln, Sylus Crone, Jed, the Berkians, and the bar as Liighkaa juggled several important intellectual problems at once. In hindsight, most of the people I just listed are rather terrifying.

-Trying all weekend to ask a noble of some sort what peasant children need to learn, because Liighkaa wants to start a school dagnabit. She finally asked the people of Ostcliff very late Saturday night. (History and agriculture are the general consensuses. Combat keeps getting thrown out, but Liighkaa is a non-combatant and considers that somebody else's job.)

-Amizar's history lesson. :) I need to remember the meanings of the plates next time I need to teach the history of Travance to somebody.

-Applying paint before main mod. I had entirely too much fun with this.

-Religious debates. These are always a highlight. Liighkaa is too curious for her own good.

Oh, man, my weird woods lady didn't get wasted at ALL this event. I'm kinda' proud of her.

Side note: Feast. Was. AMAZING. It usually is, but maaaaan.

~Liighkaa Potrevski, daughter of tribe Berk

OOG: Cat Jackson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amizar (Amizar), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Dustiria (mytho2), Ephrem (bamore62)
31 Jul 2017 15:15 #16 by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon)
Replied by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon) on topic July 2017 highlights....
Such an amazing weekend!! Let's start with Friday night...

Jackdaw, you are amazing! You know what you did, and Reyna wants to spend more time with you because of it.

Getting to play Scarlet to take Jed to Glomm was amazing. Thanks for roping me in on this one, Padma!! I had a great time running up to the shack, shoving Darius roughly out of the way, and seeing Jed's face and hearing the usual, "You're not supposed to be here," when I surprised him.

I'm not sure if seeing Glomm as Scarlet or Reyna was more terrifying...

Fucking Mortal Hunters.... I need to get my oog disease under better control before next event (which I've been working on since I got back from last event) so I can stay out all night again.

Also, discussions with Wulfgar and adding a scar to Reyna's face. She has a lot to atone for.

Saturday...

Morning discussions with Kanas that resulted in him pulling a knife on me twice and saying, "You know what'll happen if I don't like what I hear next... Are you truly sorry for what you did?"

Brazen Mass and the lesson I received following it.

Reyna being an NPC for a new player plot in the early afternoon. I'm looking forward to seeing where that goes in the end.

NPCing a mod out by the Blood Spirits encampment and seeing people's faces when a bunch of NPCs in a small space started calling "Slay!" and then helping prepare feast for the rest of my shift.

Darius's Intercede lesson and Reyna's third Master Warrior lesson right after dinner in Ostcliff. Being taught by and talking to Rione is great!

Main Mod... Ostcliff holding their shield line the entire time and only leaving it when I was dragged off by someone to see a healer after both my legs had been broken and I was fighting from my knees to keep the line intact.

Getting a little bit more of Mileof's story late at night and fireside talks with Ostcliff.

Blight mod. Also known as the mod where I was about a minute away from crit and bleeding out on the other side of the battlefield from the rest of the fight.

Kanas's personal plot. I didn't think I could escape getting a disease after touching a disease carrying rat, but the roleplay worked out in my favor.

Biggest Sunday highlight beyond the usual shenanigans was coming back from being off the Proper and hearing that Mileof had been turned into a lycanthrope and then back to human because alchemy. Reyna was scared half to death before she heard the turned back to human part, and then there was a lot of, now you understand the hell I went through when I was turned four years ago, minus the physical pain of being mauled.

Overall, it was the best weekend I've had probably since my first event. It was the perfect Larpiversary!!

Reyna Del Dragon Reign
Squire to Lady Lois Heimdell of Albriar
Master Witch Hunter
Robin of the Winged Victory
Daughter to the late Argyle Del Dragon Reign

OOG: Carter Sneeringer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Dustiria (mytho2)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.852 seconds